Greetings from Kame, who proceed to say that today, it’s Home Run Festival! But before that, Kame introduced messages [about the new songs] first.
~ Mention that she heard “EXPOSE” on radio, said it sounded so cool! Then “CONNECT & GO” CM began its airing. Double enjoyment! Looking forward to the release. Ask whether PV has been recorded/filmed fully?
~ Kame said YES! Both PVs have been completed. Kame explained a bit on that and asked her to look forward to them.
~ Excited about “EXPOSE” release. Can’t wait to watch the performance on TV/LIVE and hoping that one day, she would meet Kame in person.
~ Kame also can’t wait to perform it LIVE. Then, Kame played “EXPOSE” for us, the single which will be released on 2/6.
After the song ended, we can hear “SPIRIT” playing on the background, signalling the start of today’s special corner, [Home Run Festival]. Kame expressed his appreciations for many congratulatory mails he received, by many, he meant A LOT! So he will try to read as many as time allowed him to.
~ She mentioned about how then Rakuten’s player, Yamasaki Takeshi’s words saying that “it’s impossible” for Kame to strike a Home Run. Even then Lotte’s player, Nishioka also said “an amateur could not strike”. But Kame continued with the challenge and at last managed to fulfill his dream! It’s so cool!
~ Kame agreed on the part that it was said to be impossible at first, but now, he’s glad with the outcome.
~ Congratulate Kame on his achievement and added that she agreed with what Inaba, Nippon Ham player said (I am confused with what she meant when she said Kame is truly a [教科書] which literally translated to text-book
So I assumed she meant it as an example for us to refer to). She is currently at Level 2 in her sewing course, and will start Level 3 in Apr. Even though she needed to concentrate on the course, at the same time, she also needed to find related work so that her skill could be improved. This’s her favourite work. She sort of confused on what she should do, and thought of giving-up. But, after watching Kame attaining his Home Run, she won’t give-up, she has to trust herself and move forward to do her best to achieve her dream.
~ Kame seemed glad that a lot can be learned from this Home Run project, including by himself.
~ Another warm congratulatory message describing what she felt over Kame’s achievement. Being busy as an idol, adverse effect on the attempt day (wind was strong) meant that it needed more than normal effort to achieve what Kame has accomplished. Imagine taking 3 steps forward then falling 2 steps backward, but Kame still continued taking one step forward steadily. Kame has made all hyphens proud!
~ Kame said there are a lot of people supporting him in achieving his dream, and he’s indebted to them all.
~ She said even though she watched the Home Run episode repeatedly every day, it always managed to make her happy. She asked how Kame managed to keep the secret for almost 1 month (from the date of attempt to the date of broadcast). She pointed out Kame’s humble character when he knelt next to Ueda who apologized to him at the time. Please take care of your body, and do your best.
~ Kame said it was a very heavy secret to keep. He met Ueda regularly, even at the make-up room, etc. When he asked Kame about the status, Kame would reply, “still trying”. After he hit the Home Run, he still got time till the deadline (Dec 31st), so when people ask the status, he has to answer it wisely not to reveal the outcome. When he answered “he’ll try his best, etc”, but some of the staffs could read his facial expression, and made their own assumptions. He was so grateful to those who were concerned so much about the project, kept on asking him whether he hit or not. The good luck was on his side this time.
After that, appropriately, Kame played “GOING”, the song which started this all! Then, after the song ended, Kame continued with messages related to [Home Run Project].
~ She told Kame about her 2 sons who played baseball at the park near their home. How Kame’s Home Run achievement has become an encouragement to both of them in looking at their future in baseball. Her husband coached baseball among the young, and it seemed that when he mentioned Going!, many of the children knew about Kamenashi-kun from the program. So, please do your best as a baseball evangelist
~ Kame is very happy to know that parents recorded the program and showed it to their kids. The Home Run project really thought him many valuable things. During this time, we can hear “SPIRIT” on the background again.
~ She still can’t forget Kame’s smile when he hit the Home Run. The way he shouted “Yatta!” still imprinted in her mind. His palm (referring to the one in MAQUIA) showed Kame who kept doing his best! She would like to hear anything “GOD” like occurrence happened on THAT IMPORTANT DAY, one by one! (I assumed she was referring to anything which considered weird/not happening before, and thus implying the good fortune?).
~ Kame’s reply is long
* Kame said when he trained, he would go back to Tokyo for his other work in the evening. But this time, he spent his time in Gunma for 2 straight days. He started the day early morning, and trained till evening. He went back to rest to prepare for the next big day. That night, he received a phone call from Nishioka Tsuyoshi, now Hanshin Tigers player who he’s close to with, asking how he has been. Kame told Nishioka that he’s in Gunma now (Kame did his attempt at Kiryu Stadium) for his Home Run attempt tomorrow. So Nishioka went on like [majide???/seriously???) and wished him good luck and all and hang-up. Then, around 3 minutes later, Sakamoto Hayato, Giants’ player called him
asking where he’s now. So he repeated what he told Nishioka, now to Sakamoto. Again, Sakamoto went-on [majide???/seriously???). Apparently, Sakamoto wanted to eat out with him. So he apologized for saying "no, he can't now". Basically, Kame was amazed that the 2 guys that trained him, called him on the same night, 3 minutes apart, and tomorrow is THE DAY!
* Next one Kame added that on that day as well, he switched ON his KAT-TUN mode a bit, where he brought the music, speakers, etc just like what he usually did before he started KAT-TUN Live concert. KAT-TUN is his day job (probably implying his main job). He listened to the music while in the dressing room, shower, etc.
* Then out he went for his attempt, and he did it on his 3rd try! He can’t believe it himself!
* After that they also learned about the heavy snow in Hokkaido which will affect the flight back to Hokkaido for Nakata Sho, Nippon Ham player who came from Hokkaido to watch the attempt (probably referring to how lucky it was that the flight bringing Nakata to Gunma was OK). The staffs have prepared to throw 50 balls, so everything changed from their original preparation when he struck at 3.
Kame's palms with almost dried blisters from MAQUIA 2013-02 Issue out on 12/23.
~ She congratulated Kame, then asked him when was the most difficult time related to his Home Run project?
~ Another long answer
* In 2011, when he failed his 1st attempt.
* Then, at the time he decided upon the deadline for his 2nd attempt (Dec 31, 2012). After that he was like “Yabai”, he didn’t even swing a bat once yet! But then, 1 week prior to the attempt date, he focused on it solely. Batting every day. Here, Kame described about the painful blisters, when he needed to take the plaster out before the bath, and he stuck that again. The peeling skin and all. Kame mentioned about how he usually went to training camp during this time of the year. He remembered looking at Hayato’s blisters on his palms (Kame called Sakamoto, “Hayato”).
* Basically, Kame is just so ever grateful to all of pro-baseball players who trained him, to Ueda, in his own [チャチャ/Cha Cha] way. Thank You! Then Kame played “DIAMOND” for us.
Kamenashi Kazuya Hang-Out Episode 70 Information Corner
~ New single to be released on 2/6.
~ Will appear on various music programs, and the 1st one is Music Station on 2/1! Please watch it!
~ Invite us to join “Ore Ore Consultation Room” where Kame might telephone the sender as well. Probably in Spring Kame will call any of them suddenly
(I think it’s just like Kase by Kase Aponashi Telephone before).
~ Then, Kame informed Nii-san and "Sunny Day Saturday" staffs, about his Home Run!
~ This is your partner, Kamenashi Kazuya. Till next week, jane~
This is Nii-san’s congratulatory message, more like "chanting", to Kame
[Sunny Day Saturday] 仁井さん
Kame read out 9 messages this week. No request mail. Then Kame played 4 songs.
~ Expose by KAT-TUN
~ Spirit by KAT-TUN (on the background)
~ Going! by KAT-TUN
~ Diamond by KAT-TUN