Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

September's CSoTM - A Step into the Past

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

September's CSoTM - A Step into the Past

Post by animetama » Sep 1st, '05, 12:43

Ni Hao! I am proud to announce that the winner for September's Chinese Series of the Month (CSoTM) is...

A Step into the Past

Official seeding for this CSoTM will begin on the 1st September and end on the 30th September, 2005.
Volunteer seeders, please seed during that time. Thanks. :wub:
== Episodes ==
== Cast ==
  • Louis Koo as Hung Siu Lung
    Sonjia Kwok Sin Lei as Kam Ching
    Jessica Hsuan as Wu Ting Fong
    Joyce Tang Lai Ming as Sin Yau
    Kong Wah as Lin Chun/Lou Oi
    Michelle Saram as Siu Sin
    Lam Fung as Chiu Poon/Ying Jing
    Shuet Lei as Chiu Nga
    Lei Chi Hung as Chiu Mok
    Wai Kong Fung as Liu Bat
    Yu Ying Ying as Chu Gei
== Synopsis ==
  • This TVB series is about Hong Siu Lung, a member of the G4 security force who is recruited by Li Ka-shing's son Li Siu Chiu to go back in time to witness Ying Cheng's ascension to the throne. Siu Lung is only persuaded because his relationship with Chun Ching has reached a dead end and she has married someone else. Li wins him over by saying that he can go back in time and think of a plan to win Chun Ching over if he agrees to go back in time.

So Siu Lung agrees and he goes back in time only to find himself three years before scheduled. He has no choice but to journey to Ham Yeung, with Sin Yau the assassin as his sometimes unpredictable guide. He reaches the Chiu state and becomes entangled with the irrepressible tomboy Wu Ting Fong, whose father is actually a spy for the Chun state, and so on. He finds that the real Ying Cheng has died but the details are far too complicated. He said that Prime Minister Lui But Wai of Chun sent him and allied himself with Ting Fong's father but earns the hate of Lin Jun, Chiu Mok's bodyguard.
--chanchi

:: SPCNET REVIEW :: Seeders :: ramenshop, duba878, Kai Lien, kungmpton, Moenyc2000, animetama, cococrust ::

:: Download Torrents Here ::
TV Caps by [Jem], Mandarin Audio, English Subtitles, avi

Please help seed when your downloads complete.
Wanna nominate a series for the next CSoTM? Request it in this thread.

*Big Hug* to all the volunteer seeders.
Happy downloading.

Cheerio.
:)
Last edited by animetama on Oct 3rd, '05, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

imut_imut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by imut_imut » Sep 1st, '05, 17:10

I already uploaded those eps to Jem clubbox.

So another source to get this costm = jem clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/encodes

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Sep 1st, '05, 19:14

I don't like the female actresses in this series. TVB should start hiring Mainland/Taiwan's actresses. They're younger and looks much better. The male actors are good in this series...especially Lious Koo.

slim dan

Post by slim dan » Sep 1st, '05, 23:16

That may be true, but TVB usually hires actesses that speak Cantonese, except for one shot deals. Most mainland china and taiwanese actresses don't usually speak Cantonese.

I liked this tale as a whole. I am always waiting for part 2. lol

munkyxx

Post by munkyxx » Sep 2nd, '05, 03:17

ohh i remember watching this when it first came out. really a great series! louis koo was sooo <33 but too bad raymond lam's role wasn't all THAT great >< too bad its in mandarin audio >< i rather download it in original voice.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 2nd, '05, 03:25

I remember one scene when raymond lam was shirtless, and carrying a load of something on his back. My dad was laughing at his skimpyness lmao. But he had a good role in this one. this was only 1 of 2 of his evil roles ithink (the only one was threshold of an era----very good evil character XD).... I dunno...I'm always impressed with the evil characters...beats me ^ _ ^

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Sep 2nd, '05, 06:19

tikleabubble wrote:.... I dunno...I'm always impressed with the evil characters...beats me ^ _ ^
Same :lol
I found his transformation rather interesting, a tiny bit exaggerated.. but it was a charismatic kind of evil.. aren't those kind of villians to die for?
ahh.. Thresholds of an Era, now there's an epic with quite a few delicious anti-heroes..

Nominations so far for next month's poll are:
Meteor Garden I
Eternal Happiness
My Mighty In-Laws

We'll take three more.. completed series with English subs and at least 3 volunteer seeders.

Cheerio.

wahstuff

Post by wahstuff » Sep 2nd, '05, 09:17

hi i nominate... legendary four aces for the serie of the next CSoTM

FooBarWidget

Post by FooBarWidget » Sep 2nd, '05, 17:38

Is the original series in cantonese or mandarin?

ColdCell

Post by ColdCell » Sep 2nd, '05, 20:10

This series is awesome. I have the VCD for it and I totally love it!!!!!!!!!!

Watch it peeps!

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Sep 3rd, '05, 01:06

wahstuff wrote:... legendary four aces...
err...

:blink
I give up!

gor_yee

Post by gor_yee » Sep 3rd, '05, 11:19

i love this series...and would like to download it...but just want to know...is this in cantonese???

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Sep 4th, '05, 05:48

gor_yee wrote:i love this series...and would like to download it...but just want to know...is this in cantonese???
animetama wrote: TV Caps by [Jem], Mandarin Audio, English Subtitles, avi
Doesn't anyone read my first post..?
:glare:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Sep 5th, '05, 09:14

If you could read english, then it shouldn't matter if it's in Cantonese or Mandarin. The uploaders and subbers provide english subs so EVERYONE could enjoy. People have to stop giving uploaders/subbers a hard time. :x

Paige

Post by Paige » Sep 5th, '05, 18:19

FooBarWidget wrote:Is the original series in cantonese or mandarin?
Original series is in Cantonese... it is a TVB production (HK company). But the rip is Mandarin-dubbed audio

I watched this already. It was really good... but I think you kinda have to know Cantonese to understand some of the jokes... but Louis Koo was amazing in this series. I loved it (although there are tons series better, this one is a must-view ^__^)

rsxdragon

Post by rsxdragon » Sep 6th, '05, 00:59

This is a very good series and i like it very much. Thank to everyone that have put their time and effort into loading this. Keep up the good work.

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Sep 6th, '05, 12:52

tikleabubble wrote:I remember one scene when raymond lam was shirtless, and carrying a load of something on his back. My dad was laughing at his skimpyness lmao. But he had a good role in this one. this was only 1 of 2 of his evil roles ithink (the only one was threshold of an era----very good evil character XD).... I dunno...I'm always impressed with the evil characters...beats me ^ _ ^
fyi...raymond lam was not in at 'at the threshold of an era'. the only other role i can see him semi-evil was in golden faith costarring with gallen lo, jessica hsuan, tavia yeung... :P

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Sep 8th, '05, 06:35

I REALLY enjoyed this drama. I love the idea although some of the later episodes dragged a little bit but overall I love it.

The actors were exceptional. The actress were good.

8 out of 10

By the way does anybody know where to download simliar drama like this?

atassi

Love it

Post by atassi » Sep 9th, '05, 02:24

:w00t:
This series is a must-see. It's definitely my favorite Chinese drama, and it's one of my favorite dramas of all time. The action satisfies martial-arts fans, but doesn't turn off others. The romance and comedy is also there throughout the whole series. I laughed almost continuously. :D I recommend this to anyone.

Just one suggestion: don't watch the first episode and quit. You gotta watch a few to get into it.

pyxu619

Post by pyxu619 » Sep 11th, '05, 01:48

I just finish watching the series. I was disappointed with the ending :cry:. I thought louis koo would get back. I loved the series, can't wait to dl the next series of the month.

I nominate Armed Reaction II and later ones. The cast is awesome. Its more comical then a very boring police film.

GundamDX

Post by GundamDX » Sep 11th, '05, 20:55

Louis Koo's character should have gotten back to the future somewhere in the middle of the series, but he choose not too. Partly because of Sonija's character (the ancient one).

doctorwho

Post by doctorwho » Sep 13th, '05, 09:15

I like Sonija Kwok. She good in series.

orionredwing

Post by orionredwing » Sep 13th, '05, 23:04

I just finished d/l A Step Into The Past. However, I just noticed that Episode 31 is only 155MB, about half the size and length (23:06) of the other episodes.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this an error? I haven't watched that far yet.

dodozhang21

Post by dodozhang21 » Sep 15th, '05, 14:36

i've seen this drama. it's absolutely my favorite. i'm so happy now i can show it to my hushand since now it has english subtitles. i love you guys. thank you very much!

ghostdoctor

Post by ghostdoctor » Sep 17th, '05, 12:22

A Step Into The Past is a bit dragging in the middle. And Sonija's character sucks. Someone should just slap her senseless....

pyxu619

Post by pyxu619 » Sep 17th, '05, 21:26

"I just noticed that Episode 31 is only 155MB, about half the size and length (23:06) of the other episodes. "
yes...ep. 31 is short for some reason

karenee

Post by karenee » Sep 19th, '05, 04:59

I luv this series, thanks!!

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Sep 20th, '05, 06:43

Thank You for this great series. It's actually one of my alltime favourite TVB series. For next month's, I suggest Virtues of Harmony. :-)

soi316

Post by soi316 » Sep 20th, '05, 07:33

nice series, worth to watch

voth

Post by voth » Sep 21st, '05, 19:35

So far the series hasn't been a waste, though i'm only on episode 32 (episode 31 was...uhm short)

Does anyone happen to know a online retailer selling the series (DVD), I can only find the vcd dubbed in mandarin. I was told that the JTV version may have had something in the credits but can't seem to get a hold of one of those episodes.

Thanks.

Danji
Fansubber
Fansubber

WTF

Post by Danji » Sep 26th, '05, 23:58

Okay, does anybody know how JEM got the subtitles to show up UNDENEATH the show/news banners? It's really bugging me.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: WTF

Post by animetama » Oct 3rd, '05, 14:13

Danji wrote:Okay, does anybody know how JEM got the subtitles to show up UNDENEATH the show/news banners? It's really bugging me.
You are not serious are you?
:glare: