Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW (Flashback) Poll - 10/16/05 - Sutaa No Koi

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the Jp FLASHBACK Series of the Week?

Poll ended at Oct 17th, '05, 10:47

Koi Ga Shitai (Where Is Love?)
20%
Cheap Love - yamatsumi
13%
Hotman - gryzze
18%
Hotman - gryzze
18%
Sutaa No Koi (Star No Koi) - shikirocks
31%

Total votes: 256

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Japanese SoTW (Flashback) Poll - 10/16/05 - Sutaa No Koi

Post by jholic » Oct 3rd, '05, 10:45

please note: thetenken seems to be on a summer vacation right now. i will try to take over in his absence. (i'll probably be liable to his expressions of displeasure. :lol )

much thanks to everyone for seeding the current JSoTW (Denchi Ga Kireru Made).

without further ado, i'll use thetenken's wording........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

ANNOUNCEMENT:
FOR THIS POLL ONLY, we are bringing back four old JSoTWs for our new members to vote on. When this poll ends (10/16/05), ALL FOUR will be removed from the polls and we will resume JSoTW as normal with four new series in the poll. This will be one of the RARE chances to get a past JSoTW winner.....

The nominees are....

Koi Ga Shitai x3 (Where Is Love?) - http://jdorama.com/drama.574.htm
Cheap Love - http://jdorama.com/drama.54.htm
Hotman - http://jdorama.com/drama.666.htm
Sutaa No Koi - http://jdorama.com/drama.583.htm

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Attic Cat, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...[/list]
Last edited by jholic on Oct 6th, '05, 04:57, edited 2 times in total.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:00

I want them all, but I'll settle for Sutaa No Koi... :-)

I can help seed Hotman, if we're talking about groink's capture.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:02

this week, giving our members a chance to vote on some "flashback" jsotw series that they may have missed.

i would have nominated otousan or oyaji, but they are being VSS'd by the generous feedmeister right now.

when koi ga shitai first won jsotw, it was NOT the dvd version that Haruspex released. i highly recommend this drama.

cheap love, hotman and star no koi are a few series that i have heard from time to time. if members have a particular (flashback) series instead of the ones i mentioned, please VOICE IT NOW. i can still edit the polls or add it in there within the first few days.....

have fun!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:12

luv Yamada Takayuki :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: definitely voting for koi ga shitai :lol
oh an I can seed Cheap Love :-)

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:20

ooo just noticed new banner!! great job jholic :clap:

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:22

All of them seems good and I have not seen any of them, not sure which one to vote :D

Hansol

Post by Hansol » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:40

Koi Ga Shitai. Hey hey hey.....

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Oct 3rd, '05, 12:39

wow two sorimachi takashi series.. ive never seen all foour series before but the synopsis of Sutaa No Koi (Star No Koi) cathes me a lot...sounds like my husband or mukodono....cool, loved the chemistry in that one....

after a hard decision, i finally go for Sutaa No Koi (Star No Koi)...hope it wins! :)

Gwendel

Post by Gwendel » Oct 3rd, '05, 15:49

I have all of them except for Koi ga shitai, but I changed some of the groink files (for some reason, the SVCD he used on the later episodes makes my computer crash, so I converted them to match the VCD files), so I can only offer to share Star no Koi and Cheap Love.

I voted for Star no Koi, even though I have it, because that's my favorite of all the ones up for picks. :lol

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:52

I vote for Cheap Love, but I think Hotman is interesting too. Go, Takashi!

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Oct 3rd, '05, 17:26

Are really Cheap Love and Koi ga Shitai that old? I remember being able to have them less than a year ago...

Too bad, SoS is not a choice, I really wanted to see that one...

I guess I'll vote for Hotman, it has never been posted since I came

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Oct 3rd, '05, 19:49

i'm a newby here and still can't vote :-(

hope Koi Ga Shitai wins :roll

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 3rd, '05, 20:03

Going for Sutaa No Koi since so many people recommend it :)

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 3rd, '05, 21:33

what?? star no koi is in the lead? :blink c'mon people you don't wanna watch this! :P vote for koi ga shitai :thumleft: :cheers:

question to jholic: what's going to happen with the doramas that won't win this week? are they going to be in the next week's poll as well? or we'll have all new doramas? :unsure:

angelic.me

Post by angelic.me » Oct 3rd, '05, 23:04

All the summaries of these 4 dramas sounds good but Sutaa No Koi's summary jumped out at me more so I vote for Sutaa No Koi!

Jeshika-Chan

Post by Jeshika-Chan » Oct 3rd, '05, 23:36

Koi ga Shitai! Since... I wouldn't mind a Yamada Takayuki drama.

Although...would have loved Shopping Hero to be nominated. I miss my Shunsuke in a Zorro outfit T.T;

Pecan Pie

Request repost pl.s Star no koi or Sutaa no koi w/ e-subs

Post by Pecan Pie » Oct 4th, '05, 00:10

Hi, can some repost pl.s Star no koi or Sutaa no koi w/ e-subs ?
I got the torrents, but no one is seeding this series.

domo arigato :D

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Oct 4th, '05, 02:29

sutaa no koi :lol

adrian22

Re: Request repost pl.s Star no koi or Sutaa no koi w/ e-s

Post by adrian22 » Oct 4th, '05, 02:59

Pecan Pie wrote:Hi, can some repost pl.s Star no koi or Sutaa no koi w/ e-subs ?
I got the torrents, but no one is seeding this series.

domo arigato :D
everyone vote on this one then we can have seeders once its the series of the week!! :D :w00t:

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 4th, '05, 03:04

It's too bad that episode 1 from each of the nominated series isn't seeded. I'd cetainly like to see what I'm missing.

That said I have watched the first 8 episodes of Star no koi and am eagerly awaiting the final episodes. They are currently being posted slowly on usenet in alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese.repost (very slowly, 2 months for 8 episodes). I'm not complaining It's fantastic that they are coming up at all.

One other thing A top 10 of all time vote would be neat. Not necessarily for series of the week but just for fun, I bet there are a bunch of strong opionions on that one.

...mike

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Oct 4th, '05, 05:22

nominating Wedding Planner for next series of the week

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Oct 4th, '05, 20:42

koi ga shitai sounds good ^______^

I can help seed Hotman if it wins as well.

Namae no nai Sora

Post by Namae no nai Sora » Oct 5th, '05, 10:00

I like this idea. Bring back the oldies and goodies.

I have an idea. Once this vote is completed, the next week's voting should be all new(haven't been SOTW yet) series and we should continue with the 'new' series as normal, then once a Month we do a "Flashback" week.

I'm willing to bet someone(in power) has already thought of this, but I just thought I'd voice this.

I voted for Koi ga Shitai, as I already have Star no Koi with softsubs, somewhere in my pile of CDs...

Oh and I'm looking for somebody to offer to seed Suekko Chonan Ani Sannin, so I can properly nominate it for next week's voting...

doctorwho

Post by doctorwho » Oct 5th, '05, 14:25

i like Norika. I vote.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 5th, '05, 14:47

I would like to nominate Odoru daisousassen is its possible. Ganbatte.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Oct 5th, '05, 15:22

Sutaa No Koi please! It was a hard choice though because all the ones on the list sound good... :D

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Oct 5th, '05, 15:25

wow, I have not seen (completely) any of the dramas listed up there. Tough choices but I voted for Koi Ga Shitai :)

tokhoi

Post by tokhoi » Oct 5th, '05, 18:51

can anyone reseed Hotman 2? I watched the first hotman which seems like it won't win this time and thought it was very good. never had the chance to watch hotman 2 tho.

summa

Post by summa » Oct 5th, '05, 20:52

ill vote for "Sutaa No Koi" the story line sounds like "Kamisama, mou sukoshi dake" tho :D

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 5th, '05, 21:07

Namae no nai Sora wrote:I like this idea. Bring back the oldies and goodies.

I have an idea. Once this vote is completed, the next week's voting should be all new(haven't been SOTW yet) series and we should continue with the 'new' series as normal, then once a Month we do a "Flashback" week.
I like this idea....except if it's done on a monthly basis, it would mean that very other SOTW would be a flashback (since the SOTW actually runs on a bi-weekly basis)... :p

What do you think about 1x every drama season (~3months)?

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Oct 6th, '05, 00:30

I agree with Mizune, I can seed Sutaa no koi.

brabu5

Post by brabu5 » Oct 6th, '05, 04:10

Sutaa No Koi

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 6th, '05, 05:00

yamatsumi wrote:question to jholic: what's going to happen with the doramas that won't win this week? are they going to be in the next week's poll as well? or we'll have all new doramas? :unsure:
four new ones (never before on jsotw) will be added to the poll. all four current ones will be removed.

glad people like the FLASHBACK idea. i just thought that a lot of time had passed and some users are very new to our board. in any case, i still think even three months is a bit too soon. i would do it every six months. but we'll see. maybe every four months (tri-annually)?

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Oct 6th, '05, 05:53

jholic wrote: i would do it every six months. but we'll see. maybe every four months (tri-annually)?
that sounds good imo

Kakashi-sensei

Vote

Post by Kakashi-sensei » Oct 6th, '05, 06:10

It was toss-up between Hotman and Sutaa no Koi, but I chose Sutaa no Koi.

PS I didn't manage to get both of the dramas of the week last week, all the Tokyo Wankei torrents are still up (and I have it now), but why can I only find episode 9 of Itsumo Futari de?

ShaolinMunky

Re: Vote

Post by ShaolinMunky » Oct 6th, '05, 07:29

Kakashi-sensei wrote:PS I didn't manage to get both of the dramas of the week last week, all the Tokyo Wankei torrents are still up (and I have it now), but why can I only find episode 9 of Itsumo Futari de?
thats because you were suppose to get the batch torrent at JEMS not the one at D-Addicts

http://encodes.dynu.net/~jem/

sofee

Post by sofee » Oct 6th, '05, 14:38

Forbidden Love - poorly seeded currently.

usyagitntn

Post by usyagitntn » Oct 7th, '05, 01:01

All of them seem to be very interesting but the sypnosis of Sutaa No Koi got me hooked and the ratings for the drama seem pretty high so I want to watch it. I hope it wins!!! Go Sutaa No Koi :lol
Last edited by usyagitntn on Oct 7th, '05, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.

kfan

Post by kfan » Oct 7th, '05, 03:04

Koi Ga Shitai and Sutaa No Koi are both very good. I have seen both of them. But they are of different themes... Sutaa No Koi is soo damn hilarious that I am still tickled by it when I think about it. The characters in Sutaa No Koi are very cute. I love them all. Koi Ga Shitai is more slow moving and brooding. :roll Guess it depends what kind of mood you want to be in...

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 7th, '05, 15:10

kfan wrote:Koi Ga Shitai and Sutaa No Koi are both very good....
I hope that I won't have to wait 6 months or more to see the loser (Koi Ga Shita at this point). I guess I'm just greedy.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 7th, '05, 18:35

OMG star no koi is still winning?? gosh I've watched only one ep of this series and almost got blind coz the main guy is sooooooo ugly!!!!! (every SMAP fans....gomen ne)

ohhhhhh KOI GA SHITAI people!!!!!

adrian22

seriously???

Post by adrian22 » Oct 8th, '05, 06:34

yamatsumi wrote:OMG star no koi is still winning?? gosh I've watched only one ep of this series and almost got blind coz the main guy is sooooooo ugly!!!!! (every SMAP fans....gomen ne)

ohhhhhh KOI GA SHITAI people!!!!!
lol....what we want is a good series to watch this time...btw norika is in it isnt it?? ooohh...norika :wub: :wub:

the plot is very interesting...i think im gonna rest from sad stories for now and look forward for interesting and funny love story like Sutaa no Koii....

soooooo, gooo sutaaaa noooo kooooii!!!
p.s te main actor is not that bad looking okay?? haha
Last edited by adrian22 on Oct 8th, '05, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Oct 8th, '05, 06:47

Haven't seen Koi go Shitai, but Sutaa No Koi is actually quite good. It's lighthearted romantic comedy. Probably one of Fujiwara Noriko and Kusanagi's Tsuyoshi's best work.

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 8th, '05, 07:11

Sutaa No Koi has some of the best characters of any show I have ever seen. Salary-mans buddies are hilarious.

I haven't seen the last three episodes but so far the stories are fantastic. Not only are they smart but they took me by suprise. I truly enjoy it when I don't know the ending. The writing reminds me of The Simpsons, where the plot shifts 10 minutes in and takes you to another unexpected situation.

As for the male lead, he is a little odd looking but the role was cast perfectly as far as I can see.

...mike

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 8th, '05, 10:14

personally, i highly recommend 'koi ga shitai'. it remains one of the best jdramas i've ever watched. (not to mention the first one i've ever watched - and the one that got me started on dramas.)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 8th, '05, 10:24

voted for Hotman...................and Sutaa No Koi's my second choice~ oooooooooooohhhhhhh, haven't voted for JSOTW since Trick~ and summer vacation, eh? *winks~

mutinous

Post by mutinous » Oct 8th, '05, 19:05

can i recommend a series?
Wedding Planner sounds like an interesting drama...

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 19:11

Hotman and Star no koi for me :-)

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Oct 8th, '05, 19:15

okay, now i want to watch Koi go Shitai... :(

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 8th, '05, 19:53

Being the greedy bastard I am... I want both.

...mike

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Oct 8th, '05, 20:36

Being Greedy is all good! I want to be greedy now! I want the 1st 2 series' :mrgreen:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 8th, '05, 22:16

eh not sure if koi ga shitai can make it this time but if not..hopefully some kind soul would VSS it for us :P
hmm and star no koi..I guess it's the only series I started but never finished and felt like I really don't wanna finish it lol + my friends said it was actually a wast of time but I guess everyone has its own opinion nee

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Oct 8th, '05, 22:42

voted for Koi Ga Shitai (Where Is Love?) :D

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 9th, '05, 01:20

yamatsumi wrote:eh not sure if koi ga shitai can make it this time but if not..hopefully some kind soul would VSS it for us :P
I'm certainly behind that.

These two series seem to be on opposite ends of the love story spectrum (brooding vs funny). I am looking forward to seeing them both.

...mike

SnWa

Post by SnWa » Oct 10th, '05, 05:32

jholic wrote:personally, i highly recommend 'koi ga shitai'. it remains one of the best jdramas i've ever watched. (not to mention the first one i've ever watched - and the one that got me started on dramas.)
I haven't seen 'Star no Koi', but I agree with jholic's recommendation on 'Koi ga Shitai'.
pickle9000 wrote:It's too bad that episode 1 from each of the nominated series isn't seeded. I'd cetainly like to see what I'm missing.
I'll try to seed episode 1 of 'Koi ga Shitai' for a couple of days.

007dada

Post by 007dada » Oct 10th, '05, 06:28

I want hotman!!!!

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 10th, '05, 06:32

Thanks for the seed SnWa, I'm looking forward to seeing 'Koi ga Shitai' episode 1.

Fantastic!!!

Thanks again ...mike

usyagitntn

Post by usyagitntn » Oct 11th, '05, 01:39

Star no Koi is winning. Yay!!!! I'm in the mood for something funny. ^_^ :w00t: Have we decided whether we will have the Flashback japanese series of the week/month tri-annually or biannually yet? I think we should go for 4 months, 6 months seem to be too long for me :P

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 11th, '05, 04:38

SnWa wrote:I'll try to seed episode 1 of 'Koi ga Shitai' for a couple of days.
heh, kinda like giving them a little preview, huh? after you watch the first ep, i think the series becomes a book that's difficult to put down.

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 11th, '05, 06:04

heh, kinda like giving them a little preview, huh? after you watch the first ep, i think the series becomes a book that's difficult to put down.
So what your saying is that it's like a wierd Japanese drug that we will become addicted to after watching one episode.

If we don't get our fix there are strange withdrawl symtoms, we start to act like the Train Man... but without the girl. Of course for me that would be normal except that people would be a little confused by the subtitles appearing across my chest, and my newfound ability to speak Japanese.

...mike

chloe_angel

Post by chloe_angel » Oct 12th, '05, 06:24

I vote for Star No Koi! Just read the summary and the plot seems interesting and funny~ Can't wait to see it.

Kyo23

Post by Kyo23 » Oct 13th, '05, 04:05

i vote for hotman

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Oct 13th, '05, 08:22

Sutaa No Koi!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 13th, '05, 10:01

only a few days left.

i won't be here to announce the winner, but my trusty colleagues, Jannah and mizune, will be here.

Jan/miz: gave you a brief overview in our other section.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 13th, '05, 16:25

Leaving so soon? Awww....
Good luck w/ everything!
Hopefully this place will still be in one piece when you get back... :fear:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 13th, '05, 21:12

seems Sutaa No Koi will be winner here :)

Idle curiosity, is thetenken ever coming back? Seems to be a rather protracted summer vacation ;) jholic is doing a great job tho :)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 14th, '05, 11:22

auroragb wrote:Idle curiosity, is thetenken ever coming back? Seems to be a rather protracted summer vacation
sheesh. you're telling ME.
auroragb wrote:jholic is doing a great job tho :)
thanks. Jannah and mizune are here to make sure jsotw doesn't miss a beat!

misslazy

Post by misslazy » Oct 14th, '05, 13:17

cheap love is good!!!

kittikun

Post by kittikun » Oct 14th, '05, 15:17

I would recommend Star no koi. It's a drama i've watched so many times, I really like it.

Tosca

Post by Tosca » Oct 15th, '05, 14:59

I voted for Cheap love. :-)

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Oct 15th, '05, 15:03

somebody plz help KOI GA SHITAI :cry:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 16th, '05, 05:32

And the winner is: Sutaa No Koi :)

mizune & myself will be taking over the running of JSOTW for the first time, so please excuse any glitches if they should occur. :pray:

Volunteer seeders may start moving on to seed the new JSOTW now. Thank you seeders! :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 16th, '05, 12:52

If any of you creative artsy types would like to make a little 150 x 150 banner of the new JSoTW, feel free to post it here & I'll use it on the torrent index. :) Otherwise it'll be up to mizune to come up with one, because I suck at these things. :P

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 16th, '05, 17:48

Did somebody say "suck"?
Well, I got desperate and tried looking for pictures, but...uh...I think I failed...
So yes, please, if anybody would like to help out with the JSoTW image, it would be GREATLY appreciated.... >_<;

Rug.

Post by Rug. » Oct 16th, '05, 18:56

I have the Star No Koi [a.d.clan] releases 1-9 each 350 - 360 MB. Im missing 10-11.

[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_01v2.avi - Hard sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_02v2.avi - Hard sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_03.avi - Soft sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_04.avi - Soft sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_05.avi - Soft sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_06.avi - Soft sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_07.avi - Soft sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_08.avi - Soft sub
[a.d.clan]_star_no_koi_09v2.avi - Hard sub

got them from a clubbox at d-addicts anyone wants it i could up them tell me which files you need ...

i also have the vcd groink hotman version reencoded in 2 pass xvid fits on 1 DVD-R...

here a pic of the quality 512x384 (use it if it helps)

here for sotw i did in 2 min no art...