Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

JSoTW Poll - 12/25/05 - Beach Boys

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Dec 25th, '05, 18:37

Moto Kare - shneen, Jenden, neokenzo
17%
Yanpapa - Gir
9%
Beach Boys - yamatsumi, laure_choc
27%
Beach Boys - yamatsumi, laure_choc
27%
Yasashii Jikan - laure_choc, mizune, neokenzo
21%

Total votes: 254

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

JSoTW Poll - 12/25/05 - Beach Boys

Post by mizune » Dec 11th, '05, 18:37

Hi everyone!

So we've managed to scrape through another SoTW, if only just barely... :fight:
I hope this poll fares better, but since it's the holiday season and ppl will be traveling, I'm not going to bank on anything yet... :|
This will be the Christmas Eve poll (for those of you who celebrate it) and I had wanted to make a special wintery / Xmas related mix, but got too distracted this week so... oh well...

For those of you wondering about Hitonatsu, with the impending DVD release, I don't know how much interest there is in the current version. :unsure: What do you guys think? I'd like to get some opinions... Anyhow, hopefully this week will go off without a hitch... :pray:
(Does anybody actually read the blather we type up here? ^_^; )

If anyone is willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please kindly post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking for volunteer seeders thread PM any one of the GEINOU.

A great big thanks to those who are presently seeding the current JSoTW (Koi wo nan nen yasundemasu ka? / Dreams of Romance)! Thank you kindly for your support! :)

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Yanpapa - info, torrent
Beach Boys - info, torrent
Moto Kare - info, torrent
Yasashii Jikan - info, torrent

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Dec 18th, '05, 17:09, edited 4 times in total.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Dec 11th, '05, 19:15

YANPAPA :D

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 11th, '05, 20:29

still don't know what to vote this time. i've watched moto kare and love it (watch it in one day :roll ) if it wins, i'll help seeding it but my connection is not so fast so...

gonna come back to vote in the last days...

Gir

Post by Gir » Dec 11th, '05, 20:36

I have a tiny suggestion/request :whistling: .
Along with the link to Jdorama for series descriptions, could there also be a link to the torrents and/or a description of the torrent files. Where in some cases there is multiple versions of the same show around, it would be easier for potential seeders to be sure they all have the same version that is to be seeded or not.

Such as Yanpapa, unless I missed it somehow I don't see a torrent listed here for it.

I have Moto Kare, and the JTV's Yanpapa that I could help seed.

ayuchan

Post by ayuchan » Dec 11th, '05, 21:11

Moto Kare*_* i always wanted that one

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 11th, '05, 21:20

i'm confuse which one to vote.yanpapa or yasashii jikan or moto kare? this is really tough :unsure:

yo-chan

Post by yo-chan » Dec 11th, '05, 22:13

wha!! MOTO KARE *___*

really like Tsuyoshi!! <3~

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 11th, '05, 22:22

This is a horrendous choice to have to make.
Goto Maki or Uchiyama Rina :cry: Do I have to pick just one :lol

Well from experience and acting, I think it has to be Moto Kare.

Alegi

Post by Alegi » Dec 11th, '05, 22:52

I will vote for beach boys, when i can that is :D

eiman

Post by eiman » Dec 12th, '05, 00:08

Beach Boys!
Great actors on this show :wub:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 12th, '05, 01:50

hmm that was an easy choice this week :-) since I'm not interested in Yanpapa, I already have Beach Boys (obviously :lol ) and I'm getting JTV version of Moto kare

Gir: Yanpapa is on JTV tracker only.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '05, 01:56

Gir wrote:I have a tiny suggestion/request :whistling: .
Along with the link to Jdorama for series descriptions, could there also be a link to the torrents and/or a description of the torrent files. Where in some cases there is multiple versions of the same show around, it would be easier for potential seeders to be sure they all have the same version that is to be seeded or not.
I guess we could put down which version/tracker we're choosing from, but I wasn't aware that there were multiple versions of the nominees this poll. Moto Kare has a version here and at JTV? I guess we'll choose whichever version has the most volunteer seeders? :scratch:

EDIT: I just looked into it and since JTV's version of Moto Kare is still in progress, this will be the batch torrent here at DA. :salut:
Such as Yanpapa, unless I missed it somehow I don't see a torrent listed here for it.
I have Moto Kare, and the JTV's Yanpapa that I could help seed.
Thanks for volunteering to seed Yanpapa... :)
As yamatsumi metioned, Yanpapa is on JTV's tracker....
Last edited by mizune on Dec 12th, '05, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 12th, '05, 02:01

mizune wrote:Moto Kare has a version here and at JTV? I guess we'll choose whichever version has the most volunteer seeders? :scratch:
JTV has only released 7 episodes of Moto Kare so far. For that reason I think it's better to stick with the version here at D-A.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '05, 02:04

^ Ha.... you juuuuust beat me... ^_^;
Soooo.... any opinions about the Hitonatsu question?
Does anybody read the top post? :whistling:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 12th, '05, 02:06

eh I was just writing about Moto kare but you were faster, gryzze :P

anyway, links are in JSOTW: Looking for volunteer seeders thread hmm I'll check which series have more than 1 version but except of Hoshi no kinka I didn't find anything last time...I'll check it one more time later this week

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 12th, '05, 02:16

mizune wrote:Soooo.... any opinions about the Hitonatsu question?
Does anybody read the top post? :whistling:
Actually I do read the top post, but what was the actual question about Hitonatsu? :unsure:

To wait for the DVD version or not? I think it would be better to wait... :-)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '05, 02:22

The question was whether to put up the current version of Hitonatsu as a SoTW nominee, or to just wait for a DVD relsease to come out... ^_^;;;

Wut

Post by Wut » Dec 12th, '05, 02:38

my vote for Moto Kare , coz of kawai~ Ryoko Hirosue :)

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Dec 12th, '05, 03:14

Hi all,
I just realized that the current JSoTW Japnese title is incorrect. It should be:
"koi wo nannen yasundemasuka". It's missing "ya".
I checked jdorama.com and apparently it is also wrong.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 12th, '05, 03:21

mizune wrote:The question was whether to put up the current version of Hitonatsu as a SoTW nominee, or to just wait for a DVD relsease to come out... ^_^;;;

:rofl: Sorry I thought you first suggested to put the upcoming DVD release as JSoTW directly cause the current release was already completed. Gosh what a pressure on the ripper. LOL

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '05, 03:59

chiisana_tantei wrote:Hi all,
I just realized that the current JSoTW Japnese title is incorrect. It should be:
"koi wo nannen yasundemasuka". It's missing "ya".
I checked jdorama.com and apparently it is also wrong.
Hahaha! You're right!
I checked the TBS homepage and it's 恋を何年休んでますか?
No wonder I was having problems finding pictures! :lol
I was searching for 恋を何年住んでますか?and didn't actually look at the title once I found the drama's page at TBS :roll
I'll fix everything up here...

The name "Dreams of Romance" is weird too...where'd that come from? ^_^;

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Dec 12th, '05, 04:11

ok, I nominate koukou kyoushi 1993 as the next jotw....kinda early but i know i'll forget :D

pikablueey

Post by pikablueey » Dec 12th, '05, 05:11

does anyone know what yanpapa is about? jdorama didnt have a synopsis for it...kinda interested in it, wanna see how goto maki is as an actres

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 12th, '05, 06:16

Yanpapa is about a man who falls in love and marries his boss, a famous manga artist.
When she suddenly passes away, she leaves behind three children from a previous marriage who she never really had great relationships with b/c she was always so busy working. The story is primarily about how the man tries to look after the children and bring the family together, in accordance to the final wishes of his wife...

brabu5

Post by brabu5 » Dec 12th, '05, 09:02

Moto Kare ^^

Darez

Post by Darez » Dec 12th, '05, 11:18

Looks like the first few episodes of Beach Boys have plenty of seeds. Gonna check it out before voting ~. 8)

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Dec 12th, '05, 11:32

i've voted for Yasashii Jikan, and i can seed Yanpapa.

on the Hitonatsu question: there are currently no seeds for any of the episodes, so if an impending DVD release means there'll be seeds for it and picture quality will improve, then waiting for the DVD release before re-offering Hitonatsu as a JSOTW seems like a good idea.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 12th, '05, 12:06

Yanpapa has already a batch on JTV and there are 5 seeders already and I'm already on it.. having 30.1% remaining. Beach Boys, I really want to have it but the quality seems to be ahum.. well.. I'll pass on this week vote. I can help seeding moto kare if it wins though.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Dec 12th, '05, 12:09

I would like to vote for the beach boys but is it going to be the LQ version that we have here? I downloaded that once and it was really hard to watch on my PC because of the quality.

I can help upload Moto Kare or Yashii Jikan though eventhough my upload speed is kinda slow :)

Fuddle

Post by Fuddle » Dec 12th, '05, 13:23

if i get enough posts to vote soon, i will go for Beach boys too,
as i've heard lots of good things about it.
:)

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Dec 12th, '05, 15:23

Finally! Beach Boys!

Gir

Post by Gir » Dec 12th, '05, 15:34

mizune wrote: I guess we could put down which version/tracker we're choosing from, but I wasn't aware that there were multiple versions of the nominees this poll. Moto Kare has a version here and at JTV? I guess we'll choose whichever version has the most volunteer seeders? :scratch:
It wasn't so much this weeks, as it is that 1-A couple of times before there were, and 2- I have such a terrible memory that I can't remember when or where I downloaded the shows I have tucked away on dvd, so I have to compare them with the ones that are going to be used for the SOTW (that and make sure I still have them) before I say I will help seed, and then find out that I can't.

Jon Snow

Post by Jon Snow » Dec 12th, '05, 18:59

yeaaah Hara Sachie !!!!!!!! :mrgreen: and Sorimachi Takeshi

Voted for Beach Boys

Darez

Post by Darez » Dec 12th, '05, 20:52

Downloaded the first episode of beach boys, and ugh the video quality is really bad...

+1 for Moto Kare then! :alcoholic:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 13th, '05, 05:22

Wow, everybody is such a quality hound these days... O_o;;;
Quality of picture vs quality of story... I wonder which would win....
(Not saying that Beach Boys has an especially spectacular story or anything... ):whistling:

[old person rant]
::bangs cane:: I remember when I used to watch 10th gen videotapes that were grainy and jumpy and be happy about just having that! ::waves cane::
[/old person rant]

canon05

Post by canon05 » Dec 13th, '05, 05:46

Eh? are you saying Beach boys is bad? I thought the story is pretty good. Hope Beach boys will win! ^^

Moto kare's storyline sounds so so. Plus can't stand with U.Rina. Her acts always look so fake. (seen her in Wedding Planner and SOS)

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Dec 13th, '05, 05:53

mizune wrote:
[old person rant]
::bangs cane:: I remember when I used to watch 10th gen videotapes that were grainy and jumpy and be happy about just having that! ::waves cane::
[/old person rant]
^I'm up there with you.....

/me beats people with her walker while mizune waves the cane and dances :rofl:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 13th, '05, 06:08

I'm not saying Beach Boys is bad, although I can see how you could interpret it that way.... I actually liked Beach Boys... ^_^;;
I was just trying to say that the story isn't one of those OMG MUST WATCH by whatever means possible classics @_@;;;; or anything...
...and I obviously failed.... :fight:... ehhhh... just ignore me... :foot:

Hmm.. I just realized that there are an awful lot of idols/singers in the poll this time around...At least, more than usual... ^_^;;;;

Nagase Tomoya (TOKIO)
Goto Maki
Domoto Tsuyoshi (Kinki Kids)
Sonim
Ninomiya Kazunari (Arashi)

Then there's Hirosue Ryoko, Terao Akira, Sorimachi Takashi...

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 13th, '05, 06:29

mizune wrote:Wow, everybody is such a quality hound these days... O_o;;;
Quality of picture vs quality of story... I wonder which would win....
(Not saying that Beach Boys has an especially spectacular story or anything... ):whistling:

[old person rant]
[/old person rant]
Well the story might be good but if the quality is very bad, how will you appreciate the story? LOL I've download Beach Boys first two episodes and you can't even distinguish the actors/actress really well. That's really a turn off you know and I'd stop the download of the rest of the series just because of that XD

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Dec 13th, '05, 08:45

i voted for Moto Kare :mrgreen:

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 13th, '05, 11:06

I voted for Yasashii Jikan purely because of Nino. :wub:

Seen Moto Kare, and Yanpapa/Beach Boys never appealed to me.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Dec 13th, '05, 11:16

I usually dont mind the quality of the video so long as I can see the people acting it in. I've downloaded a lot of low quality drama. Problem with Beach Boys, its so hard to even see their faces especially watching it full screen. Only way is to watch it minimum size which again is hard to see. I would really want to see Beach Boys if there are a slightly better quality video out there.

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Dec 13th, '05, 11:16

the quality of beach boys is not the best i've seen, but i had no problem to recognize the different characters and follow the story.

but it's true i'm not very picky on the quality, and i love some of my old video tapes :P

Trebicyem

Post by Trebicyem » Dec 14th, '05, 08:19

Well, I voted BEACH BOYS ! IMO, after both Dreams of Romance and Suekko chonan ane sannin we need something that seem less than a Women <--> Men relationship :unsure: , point of views :crazy: , everyday life :pale: , etc.

I hope the best of Beach boys. :cheers:

on a side note: we need an emoticon that puke..

carol^-^

Post by carol^-^ » Dec 15th, '05, 01:30

beach boys!

oberon

Post by oberon » Dec 15th, '05, 11:27

canon05 wrote:Eh? are you saying Beach boys is bad? I thought the story is pretty good. Hope Beach boys will win! ^^

Moto kare's storyline sounds so so. Plus can't stand with U.Rina. Her acts always look so fake. (seen her in Wedding Planner and SOS)
OMG how can you say that about U. Rina. She is one of the most beautiful actresses out there. but I'm voting for yasashii jikan because the quality of Beach Boys is really bad... and I'm still waiting for Moto Kare batch to be finished with downloading

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 15th, '05, 12:32

A screenshot from Beach Boys Ep. 1:

Just to let you know, what you can expect. :mrgreen:

My vote goes to Moto kare. I liked the first 7 episodes and that's a good chance to watch the rest of it.

But the best drama in this poll is definitly Yasashii jikan.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 16th, '05, 21:35

Hm, tough choices this time, none of the drama appeals to me o.0; so I'll save my vote for last then :).

Btw, I'd like to nominate Odoru Daisousasen: http://jdorama.com/drama.290.htm for the next poll. Either that or From the Heart: http://jdorama.com/drama.490.htm (looks like From the Heart has 0 seeds). Thank you!

canon05

Post by canon05 » Dec 16th, '05, 23:35

oberon wrote:
canon05 wrote:Eh? are you saying Beach boys is bad? I thought the story is pretty good. Hope Beach boys will win! ^^

OMG how can you say that about U. Rina. She is one of the most beautiful actresses out there. but I'm voting for yasashii jikan because the quality of Beach Boys is really bad... and I'm still waiting for Moto Kare batch to be finished with downloading
Sorry, don't mean to insult you U.Rina fans! It just seems to me the better pictures would win this poll---there was no mention of any good storylines. It depends on people's taste though. Peace! :-)

canon05

Post by canon05 » Dec 16th, '05, 23:41

Seghal wrote:A screenshot from Beach Boys Ep. 1:

Just to let you know, what you can expect. :mrgreen:

My vote goes to Moto kare. I liked the first 7 episodes and that's a good chance to watch the rest of it.

But the best drama in this poll is definitly Yasashii jikan.
Never mind lah. As long as it's available, it's alright. If you expect the better pictures, probably you might like to purchase the original ones. What's more, you'll support the filmmakers. :mrgreen:

ToriQ

Post by ToriQ » Dec 17th, '05, 13:35

Beach Boys! Why? Inamori Izumi!

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Dec 17th, '05, 13:37

i hope yasashi jikan win :cheers:

tinyportraits

Post by tinyportraits » Dec 17th, '05, 17:18

Ooh, Moto Kare, please!

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Dec 18th, '05, 13:08

Aw.. I really wanted to see the last few episodes of Moto Kare, too.. :(

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 19th, '05, 11:30

Series I want to nominate is Stand up with Yamashita Tomohisa (Nobuta Wo Produce) but it seems it's not available. So sad.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 19th, '05, 17:45

^ I wouldn't worry about Stand Up too much... I believe there's a project to subtitle a DVD version soon... :)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 20th, '05, 07:50

Thanks for the heads up mizune :) I'm all happy on hearing this

Trebicyem

Post by Trebicyem » Dec 21st, '05, 19:06

Wow this one poll is really close !!
Imo, the runner up should be in the next week poll for sure.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 21st, '05, 19:40

oh wow this is getting close!!! vote for Yasashii Jikan :thumleft:

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 23rd, '05, 14:06

ok, now the time to vote

my vote goes to Yasashii Jikan :roll

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Dec 23rd, '05, 14:28

Yanpapa please! I've been waiting so long to see this. :w00t:

eiman

Post by eiman » Dec 24th, '05, 12:41

Ouch I voted for Beach Boys but didn't know the quality was so bad :doh:

Anyway, could I nominate one drama for the next week? It's Sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi (one million stars fall from the sky) with Takuya Kimura and Kou Shibasaki
http://jdorama.com/drama.657.htm
I always try to download it but never has enough seeds :-(

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 25th, '05, 18:26

looks like Yasashii Jikan is not the winner :-(

hope it still be on the next poll as runner-up :-)

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Dec 26th, '05, 01:02

The votes are in & the winner is Beach Boys! :thumleft: And um, if anybody would like to contribute a 150 x 150 banner to be used on the Torrent index page, please do so! :mrgreen:

oldboy90

Post by oldboy90 » Dec 26th, '05, 04:34

i go for the beach boys

leon401

Post by leon401 » Dec 28th, '05, 04:03

One of the Best Japanese series Beach Boys :D

anyone knows where to get the special ? :cry:

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Dec 28th, '05, 16:31

I'm quite sad to know that Beach Boys has a bad video quality. Will anyone upload a better version in the future?

Nahariet

Post by Nahariet » Dec 31st, '05, 14:02

Better quality would be nice, however, I still like this drama no matter what. It was very enjoyable to watched^_^. I love the way how Sorimachi Takashi laugh.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 9th, '06, 00:17

Thank you to everyone who helped seed Beach Boys! Remember to continue seeding for those who are not caught up yet.