Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Series of the Week - 05/10/04 = Sutaa no Koi

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the next series of the week? - volunteer seeders

Poll ended at May 10th, '04, 17:10

Shopping Hero
13%
Younger Men - groink, neefo
28%
Sutaa no Koi - iceberri, thetenken, aznkoodies, shiroi-yuki
36%
From the Heart - iceberri, thetenken, aznkoodies
22%

Total votes: 130

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Series of the Week - 05/10/04 = Sutaa no Koi

Post by thetenken » Apr 26th, '04, 17:10

Alright, taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it.

Last time's runner-ups:

Shopping Hero - http://jdorama.com/drama_707.htm
Younger Men - http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic_3702.htm and http://www.kikutv.com/shows/younger_men/index.html
Sutaa no Koi - A Star's Love - http://jdorama.com/drama_583.htm

Just completed:

From the Heart - http://jdorama.com/drama_490.htm

Others:

---

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series is available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week you know which series you can pull off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

We will be taking votes as to what the next Series of the Week will be. Please only vote on completed series, and not incomplete series, movies, songs, etc. This is primarily for Japanese drama series. Those who propose other types of series should find seeds on their own who will offer to seed for that week.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.
Last edited by thetenken on May 25th, '04, 22:58, edited 6 times in total.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Apr 26th, '04, 18:51

The status for my Star no Koi discs is unknown right now. I'm pretty sure I can get them back before the next SOTW, but I'm not positive. But, I also have From the Heart on the computer right now sooo, yeah, put my name up there for that. :P

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Apr 26th, '04, 20:47

iceberri wrote:The status for my Star no Koi discs is unknown right now. I'm pretty sure I can get them back before the next SOTW, but I'm not positive. But, I also have From the Heart on the computer right now sooo, yeah, put my name up there for that. :P
Done. If you can't get them back in the two weeks, I'll just remove your name later...

duba878

Post by duba878 » Apr 26th, '04, 22:34

definitely from the heart! =)

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » Apr 27th, '04, 04:58

Vote Sutaa no Koi before I rape you!

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Apr 27th, '04, 05:15

Younger Men

Shopping Hero doesn't appeal to me and I have the other two, so add me to the seeding list.
Last edited by kood on May 3rd, '04, 07:57, edited 2 times in total.

kumukurukuk

Post by kumukurukuk » Apr 27th, '04, 05:32

i voted for younger man too,
to those who have watched it : Is it good???
I saw it once on tv and there was this handome man in love with an old woman. I really couldn't believe that a guy like him will be attracted or in love with that obaasan, i was like "No way..."

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Apr 27th, '04, 08:30

Scyth3r wrote:Vote Sutaa no Koi before I rape you!
You're so violent! :w00t:

For what it's worth, I voted for it. This one interested me more than the other two.

NiXZe

Post by NiXZe » Apr 27th, '04, 10:50

so when shuld i expect you to come over?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Apr 27th, '04, 21:20

I'm saving my vote till the very end... Personally, it's probably easier for me to seed From the Heart since it's oh-so-conveniently on my computer, but now I know I'm getting Star no Koi back tomorrow s. :) I think if it comes down to it, where Star no Koi and say... Younger Men are tied, I'd vote Younger Men JUST to spite Scyth3r! :D Kidding, kidding. Of cooouuurse I'd vote for Star no Koi... ho hrm. ^_^

Yah, so anyway, just wanted to let tenken know that I can seed Star & From the heart.. if one of them gets elected. :)

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » Apr 27th, '04, 21:53

NiXZe wrote:
Sweden is a bit too far for me unfortunately. =(

j0wi3-dude

Post by j0wi3-dude » Apr 28th, '04, 01:33

i voted for Younger Men.. cause i have already seen sutaa no koi.. (isn't it star no koi?)
ack.. i voted last week for younger men.. but unfortunally it didn't won.. hopefully it will this time.. :D

MyNameIsNobody

Post by MyNameIsNobody » Apr 28th, '04, 07:48

i don't appreciate comments like this. i'm sure other people are offended as well. please apologize.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Apr 28th, '04, 18:55

MyNameIsNobody wrote:
i don't appreciate comments like this. i'm sure other people are offended as well. please apologize.
Dude. Chill. It's called a joke -- ever heard of one before? It wasn't even directed at you or anyone in particular so I don't see why you should take offense. Lighten up, dude. :)

And besides, everyone at d-addicts already knows that Scyth is one violent pervert. Accept him the way he is! He can't help himself....:wink:

MyNameIsNobody

Post by MyNameIsNobody » Apr 28th, '04, 22:59

ever heard of inappropriate? there are certain things you should never make jokes about. i'm certain it's not funny to the tens of thousands of women (and men) who are raped every year, or to their friends or families. just as it's not funny to make jokes of 9-11 or the persecution of jews, or to make racial slurs.

there are so many ways in which women are attacked every day. not just physically, but mentally, socially, culturally. why is it okay for people to say things carelessly and then wave it off, claiming it's only a joke? it always start from these "simple" comments. they lead to worse comments and then bad actions.

we are not robots. we live and learn every day from each other. to make believe that it doesn't happen is a fantasy. please be more considerate of other people, and by this i don't mean me. i mean your sisters, your mothers, your friends.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Apr 29th, '04, 00:05

MyNameIsNobody wrote:ever heard of inappropriate? there are certain things you should never make jokes about. i'm certain it's not funny to the tens of thousands of women (and men) who are raped every year, or to their friends or families. just as it's not funny to make jokes of 9-11 or the persecution of jews, or to make racial slurs.

there are so many ways in which women are attacked every day. not just physically, but mentally, socially, culturally. why is it okay for people to say things carelessly and then wave it off, claiming it's only a joke? it always start from these "simple" comments. they lead to worse comments and then bad actions.

we are not robots. we live and learn every day from each other. to make believe that it doesn't happen is a fantasy. please be more considerate of other people, and by this i don't mean me. i mean your sisters, your mothers, your friends.
Uhh, by the tone of your comment, I'm pretty sure you're not aware that I'm a girl. o_o So, really, your last statement is void unless you would like to argue that I am unlike every single other woman out there because I don't break down into tears and get defensive when someone mentions the word 'rape'. Words don't hold any strength behind them unless you give them that power.

And if you want everyone in the forums to be 100% politically correct because you take offense to it; sorry bud, it's not going to happen. Yes, there are certain topics that should be avoided at all costs -- particularly racial slurs like jap that people use by habit -- but this was not one of them. It was an attempt at humor, albeit a poor one (just kidding Scyth! I laughed at your act of desperation :lol). You just blew his statement into extreme proportions. Instead of criticizing a person you've never met on an online forum, perhaps you should consider crusading against the corruption that plagues our government. At least then you won't be wasting your breath on a computer screen.....

Oh, and another thing. Those tens of thousands of women who were raped probably don't watch japanese dramas on their home computer. :glare:

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Apr 29th, '04, 02:42

Well my choise would be "Say Hello Hello To Black Jack" which half of it remains still unfinished on my hard disk.... but since it is not here for this week as well I will just wait and vote for something ^^

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » Apr 29th, '04, 06:08

Yikes! Some people take jokes on an online message board WAYYYYY to seriously.

MyNameIsNobody

Post by MyNameIsNobody » Apr 29th, '04, 09:48

Yes, there are certain topics that should be avoided at all costs -- particularly racial slurs like jap that people use by habit -- but this was not one of them.
why not? why is it that when it comes to race or class issues people will take a stand, but not when it comes to womens' issues? people like you make it hard to change this patriarchal society because you're always defending the sexism of men. it's even worse because you're a girl.

think about how many times have you defended people by getting on the case of someone who used the word "jap" or "n****r". then think about how many times you've defended yourself as a female. you say words don't have strength unless you give it to them, and yet even such simple words are extremely powerful. and i'm positive that you or the mods would or have edited someone's post or maybe even banned someone for making such racist remarks. at the same time, i'm willing to bet that tons of sexist comments go by uncontested.

the reason why people know that racial slurs are wrong and bad is because when someone says something like that, you call them on it. you make it known that it's wrong. people need to do that with sexism as well and not just let it go by with a "boys will be boys", or "He can't help himself" attitude.

yes, it's fairly impossible to get online communities to be 100% politically correct, and actually i couldn't care less. but at the very least i'm calling him on it, just as i would if he were to say "chink" or "jap", and just as i do so in my daily life.

i'm not going to comment anymore on this subject matter.

and just so you know, i've been doing political work (and i don't mean work that of stupid government officials, but activist work) for several years.

namichann

shopping hero

Post by namichann » Apr 29th, '04, 09:54

shopping hero please...thanks

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Apr 29th, '04, 20:24

MyNameIsNobody wrote:why not? why is it that when it comes to race or class issues people will take a stand, but not when it comes to womens' issues? people like you make it hard to change this patriarchal society because you're always defending the sexism of men. it's even worse because you're a girl.

think about how many times have you defended people by getting on the case of someone who used the word "jap" or "n****r". then think about how many times you've defended yourself as a female. you say words don't have strength unless you give it to them, and yet even such simple words are extremely powerful. and i'm positive that you or the mods would or have edited someone's post or maybe even banned someone for making such racist remarks. at the same time, i'm willing to bet that tons of sexist comments go by uncontested.
To be honest, this entire post made me laugh. I bolded the parts that I found particularly ironic. In fact, I was laughing so hard I was nearly in tears because you are the first person in my entire life to ever say that I wouldn’t step out and defend females. And if you knew me, even the tiniest bit at all, you’d immediately realize that I AM a feminist. You’d paste a sign on my forehead saying, “BEWARE: feminist!” But I will forgive you since you don’t know me at all, as it is impossible to judge people in an online context – just like I don’t know you.

And just so you know, none of the posts users made (as far as I know) were edited by mods. As long as I’ve been here, I haven’t seen any racial slurs or sexist remarks. I think everyone’s been pretty good at keeping the peace – I was merely remarking about such things on *other* forums. So I don’t think it’s fair to say that the posts here have been edited by others. Everyone says their piece, just like you’ve said yours, and I’ve said mine. There are really no rules in the forum regarding what you can and cannot say, and surprisingly, no rules seem to be necessary. On other forums that I’ve visited, where they’ve loaded up on “no cursing, no convo-ing, and no racist or sexist remarks” rules, people have continually broken them, time and time again. It doesn’t seem to be necessary here.

I don’t even see how this moved to such a topic. Scyth3r’s comment was neither directed at females nor males since he was not gender specific. Male can, after all, rape male. So where exactly did this accusation of me supporting a patriarchal society come from again?

dofuagedashi

UNAGI NO KIMOCHI NI NATTE MIRO!!

Post by dofuagedashi » Apr 30th, '04, 08:17

Everybody, please understand MyNameIsNobody's feelings...
Just like Shinsuke understood his Unagi's feelings in Perfect Bride: UNAGI NO KIMOCHI NI NATTE MIRO !!! :P :P :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 1st, '04, 20:59

Tip Toe-ing here :unsure:

Feel that this might have been a storm in a teacup..now turning into a boiling pot.

Yes ..'rape' is a very ugly word.. However I think the first comment (?from Sweden) would not have caused any furor if it had been in the same context as a spoken word in conversation. Smile on face etc. Unfortunately the written word stands there 'in your face' in a very cold way. Please let the pot simmer down again and close this thread. Peace ?

Peggy

philly

Post by philly » May 1st, '04, 22:49

:argue:

heh heh, to move on track & again and be on a lighter scale, i vote for Vote Sutaa no Koi because i, my own self, wants to (not because of other motives such as a certain quote in this thread :blink :x :D )

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 1st, '04, 22:55

Scyth3r wrote:
NiXZe wrote:
Sweden is a bit too far for me unfortunately. =(
I'm in sweden but I have no interest in raping NIXZe :P

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » May 2nd, '04, 01:09

I'm voting for Younger Men. I give up on enough people ever voting for Shopping Hero...

PhilsterT

Post by PhilsterT » May 2nd, '04, 01:21

To say it simply and end this issue, we should just state the obvious...women are its and they DON'T MATTER! Hahah, I'm just totally **** with you, I hope someone gets a dirty laugh out of that. Women are important, of course, and he said "rape" as a joke (although you should be careful how you use it). I also think you are missing a little bit of the point, here's your quote:
there are so many ways in which women are attacked every day. not just physically, but mentally, socially, culturally
That's the only quote I can get, the scroller won't go as far as I want to the other page. Look at this quote...think about it, I'll give you some time...okay, times up. Here is what I wanted to say: women are the ONLY ones who get this type of treatment, don't think MEN MEN MEN (let me emphasize) get this too. I know many guys at school who are made fun of all the time because they arn't "cool" or some girl is like 'I bet his John is small' and they have never seen it before and it's probably bigger than anything they will ever get. Women arn't the ONLY ones who are segragated (how do you spell) against. Have an open mind for men (like myself) also.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » May 2nd, '04, 06:34

This topic is getting too off-topic. We're here to discuss the Series of the Week. Please take the dispute to private messaging. Thanks.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 2nd, '04, 14:00

a question to those who watched all four of the series, which one do you like most? I'm having trouble in deciding where to put my vote :-(

Reuben

Post by Reuben » May 2nd, '04, 21:10

shirahime wrote:a question to those who watched all four of the series, which one do you like most? I'm having trouble in deciding where to put my vote :-(
Star no koi :thumleft:

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » May 2nd, '04, 21:26

shirahime wrote:a question to those who watched all four of the series, which one do you like most? I'm having trouble in deciding where to put my vote :-(
I preferred From the Heart to Star no Koi, but it depends on the type of mood you're in. If you want a romantic comedy, then watch Star no Koi. If you want a romantic drama, then watch From the Heart...haven't seen Younger Men, nor Shopping Hero...

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 2nd, '04, 21:38

I've only seen two of them: From the Heart and Star no Koi. I liked both of them for very different reasons.

From the Heart appealed to me because it reminded me of that analogy "like fine wine". In the beginning, I loved watching the two main leads interact and it inspired me to do some research on highly-functional autism. It's not an exciting drama that will get your heart pumping (I saw some of those plots coming from way beforehand)... but it's a nice drama to watch one rainy day. It'll melt your heart. :)

Star no Koi is a bit fairy tale-ish (where in the world do you find a star who falls head over heels with a ham seller?? :blink) but I guess I'm a sucker for those things. It's sweet and cute -- and the main lead's co-workers are hella funny. Also, I thought Fujiwara Norika's acting was quite cute... she was so clueless half the time.. I was always smiling whenever she had that "O_o?" face.

Both plots are fairly simple -- From the Heart has a little bit of a twist, I guess.. and both of them leave you with an "awww" feeling. I think they're both worth watching. ^____^ Errr... I wasn't much help, was I.. since I advocated both series..

witica

Post by witica » May 2nd, '04, 22:09

how about shotgun marriage?

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 2nd, '04, 22:16

thetenken wrote:
If you want a romantic comedy, then watch Star no Koi.
That's my favorite category, romantic comedy hehe so I guess I've place my vote right :P

dofuagedashi

I vote for YOUNGER MEN

Post by dofuagedashi » May 2nd, '04, 22:21

I vote for YOUNGER MEN...!

Thanks!

nagai yasumi

Love Generation?

Post by nagai yasumi » May 3rd, '04, 01:47

Hey, what about Love Generation the week after? It's a classic... besides, it's got the more suave member of smap than star no koi (which I can help seed=) .

juniper

Post by juniper » May 3rd, '04, 12:56

Hey, what about Love Generation the week after? It's a classic... besides, it's got the more suave member of smap than star no koi (which I can help seed=) .
I second that! Been dying to watch Love Generation, but never had the chance to even download e series....

yujin

Post by yujin » May 3rd, '04, 16:52

i would vote for "Sutaa no Koi" it seem like a good drama.

groink

Re: Love Generation?

Post by groink » May 4th, '04, 03:09

nagai yasumi wrote:Hey, what about Love Generation the week after? It's a classic... besides, it's got the more suave member of smap than star no koi (which I can help seed=) .
Unfortunately, Love Generation disqualifies as a SOTW choice because, as of this posting, the series is not complete on d-addicts. Here's what Love Generation looks like right now:

Love Generation_ep11_raw
Love Generation_ep10_raw
Love Generation_ep09_raw
Love Generation_ep08_raw
Love Generation_ep07
Love generation 6 -esubbed-
Love Generation_ep06_raw
LOVE GENERATION - ep05.avi

In order for a series to qualify as a SOTW choice, the series must have all of its torrents already uploaded onto d-addicts. AND, it must have a good record of seeding on d-addicts. That way, just uploading the missing torrents at once to qualify as a choice won't cut it. The collection of Love Generation on d-addicts right now is, IMHO, a total mess.

--- groink

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » May 4th, '04, 03:34

To be fair I just want to point out that all of Love Generation has been seeded here and all the subtitles for the raws are available. I think 1-4 was deleted as part of the cleanup process but I'm sure they were sufficiently seeded before.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 4th, '04, 08:00

what about Wedding Planner as SOTW?
all the eps from jem and eps 8 at d-addicts

shiroi-yuki

Series of the week

Post by shiroi-yuki » May 4th, '04, 12:13

I vote for star no koi, i'll be able to seed it for the week

dobes

star or heart

Post by dobes » May 5th, '04, 19:10

i watched the first three episodes of younger men when i saw it on kiku earlier this year. it was pretty boring so i stopped watching. i actually liked shopping hero (tsuhan-man). it was one of those shows where there's a problem in the beginning and then tsuhan-man does something to save the day at the end. but then it wasn't the greatest show--nothing that pulled at my emotions or anything. i guess it was just an interesting show to watch when kiku had nothing else better playing at the time. therefore, i'll vote for star no koi or from the heart because those are the two i haven't seen yet.

nyaonyao

Post by nyaonyao » May 6th, '04, 00:29

!

From the Heart. I'd like to see the first three episodes, as they aren't listed anymore.

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir » May 9th, '04, 13:17

woohoo.... stoked that star no koi's winning....... as to iceberri's post, fairy tales rock! ^_^.... and who really wants to see a 50 year old woman getting it on with a 20 year old guy anyway.... :P :lol

p.s. holy ****..... the sotw is changing tomorrow... need to finish the last ep of oyaji
asap >___<

sleepynim79

voting

Post by sleepynim79 » May 9th, '04, 19:46

uhmm here's a silly question..... how do you vote for SOTW???

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: voting

Post by iceberri » May 9th, '04, 19:59

sleepynim79 wrote:uhmm here's a silly question..... how do you vote for SOTW???
There's a poll at the top of this thread, though you might not see it as a choice to vote because thetenken may have already set it so that the poll has ended already. In that case, Star no Koi has won already, and you'll have to wait for the next SOTW in order to vote. :)

kyootiiee

Post by kyootiiee » May 9th, '04, 20:07

MyNameIsNobody wrote:ever heard of inappropriate? there are certain things you should never make jokes about. i'm certain it's not funny to the tens of thousands of women (and men) who are raped every year, or to their friends or families. just as it's not funny to make jokes of 9-11 or the persecution of jews, or to make racial slurs.

Seriously I think its stupid that you can't take a joke. If you can't take it then just keep it to yourself, there's no way to change what's been said/done, things just happen and this is life, you have to deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that things should go your way. Plus it wasn't even directed towards you and if it was just brush it off. What is he going to do? Do you think he's really going to fly all the way from wherever he is to rape you just because you didn't/aren't going to vote for Sutaa no Koi? Come on, in this world if a person doesn't know you they wouldn't spend a single penny on you, especially to rape someone.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » May 10th, '04, 00:08

Didn't I say to drop it? One demerit (whatever that does)!
kyootiiee wrote:

Seriously I think its stupid that you can't take a joke. If you can't take it then just keep it to yourself, there's no way to change what's been said/done, things just happen and this is life, you have to deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that things should go your way. Plus it wasn't even directed towards you and if it was just brush it off. What is he going to do? Do you think he's really going to fly all the way from wherever he is to rape you just because you didn't/aren't going to vote for Sutaa no Koi? Come on, in this world if a person doesn't know you they wouldn't spend a single penny on you, especially to rape someone.

vanggirlie

Post by vanggirlie » May 10th, '04, 04:42

i vote for Sutaa no Koi but i'd still be happy if Younger Man won too.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » May 10th, '04, 05:21

hmm...after reading these comments i'm sad that i voted so quickly for younger men. i guess i didn't read the description of star no koi very carefully. now it sounds like the best option. :D it's all ok, though. star no koi is winning despite my errantly cast vote. :lol

babyguh

Post by babyguh » May 10th, '04, 16:24

i dunt quite gert it cuz isnt series of the week supposed to b completed series it say that sutaa only has 3...am i rong,,, thanx..

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » May 10th, '04, 16:34

babyguh wrote:i dunt quite gert it cuz isnt series of the week supposed to b completed series it say that sutaa only has 3...am i rong,,, thanx..
We are posting three a day so people have a chance to seed.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 10th, '04, 18:16

OH so ka? I'll wait 'til tomorrow :lol