Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW Poll (7/24/2006) - Five Spies

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Jul 23rd, '06, 17:16

Five Spies - saigo_x
40%
Seikei Bijin - Athaclena42, SakuraG89
36%
Family Values - LitleGreenGrasshopper
9%
Konya Hitori no Beddo de - yuki83
15%

Total votes: 176

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW Poll (7/24/2006) - Five Spies

Post by mizune » Jul 9th, '06, 17:16

Howdy, folks!
Since Ai no Uta seems fairly well seeded at this point, that's been replaced with a new entry in the poll as well...

I had the idea of making a TV special batch as a contender for a future "SoTW" (about 4-5 specials, since most seem to be close to 1 GB in size). What do you guys think about it? I'd hate to see those that have been subtitled slip away b/c they are too short alone as a contender... Check out the Seeders list for the ones I have found that have been subbed.. Not sure if there are any more at this point...

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls. Also, please let us know when new series have been completed so it can be added to the list.

Many thanks goes out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Oishii Kankei). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Five Spies - info, torrents
Family Values - info, torrents
Konya Hitori no Beddo de - info, torrents
Seikei Bijin - info, torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Jul 9th, '06, 18:29

Seikei Bijin! voted for this drama. after watching busukoi, i'd love to try this one ^_^

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 9th, '06, 18:53

I just volunteered to seed Five Spies and it's already up for JSOTW, figures. I guess I'll start making space for it on the hard drive hehe.

[Edit]
I'll seed episode one in case anyone wants to preview the series.
[/Edit]
Last edited by saigo_x on Jul 10th, '06, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

[D-W]Katsu

Post by [D-W]Katsu » Jul 9th, '06, 21:50

i vote for " sekei Bijin" not enough seed :)

kernasun

Post by kernasun » Jul 9th, '06, 23:06

It just has to be Five Spies, that has classic written all over it. :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 11th, '06, 00:23

five spies was a pretty excellent choice for jsotw. kudos, miz.

Gir

Post by Gir » Jul 11th, '06, 07:15

I can help seed 5 spies too. It wouldn't be a very fast seed, but I can let it run for a good amount of time.

I've had this show for quite sometime, and I've help reseed it several times, but I have never watched it. I guess I should get around to it one of these days, along with the other 50 some "around to it" drama filled DVDs. :whistling:

inyogogyo

Post by inyogogyo » Jul 11th, '06, 15:15

I'm really happy to (hopefully) be able to get Five Spies. What a combination. Rina Chinen :wub: and Shinohara who's always fun, and Kyoko Fukada when she was starting out :-) , and the other terrific young ladies, and such a cool plot. :D

rousoku

Post by rousoku » Jul 12th, '06, 03:37

Five Spies sounds nice.. :-)

mister

Post by mister » Jul 12th, '06, 03:45

rousoku wrote:Five Spies sounds nice.. :-)
yea i voted for it just because it sounded cool :lol

Chibimitsuki

Post by Chibimitsuki » Jul 12th, '06, 04:14

voted for five spies cause it looks like a good time for all~~ ^o^

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 12th, '06, 04:43

saigo_x wrote:I just volunteered to seed Five Spies and it's already up for JSOTW, figures. I guess I'll start making space for it on the hard drive hehe.
:whistling:

did I forget to say thanks for volunteering?
well, thanks... :mrgreen:

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 12th, '06, 16:54

mizune wrote::whistling:

did I forget to say thanks for volunteering?
well, thanks... :mrgreen:
Hehe, your welcome. I'm just surprised a bit since this is the first time a series I volunteered for looks like it may win.
I'm not sure how it works but I was wondering if you will be converting the series that wins into a batch torrent? I saw that it was done with some other series.
In the meantime I'll keep seeding episode one for people who want to check out the series. Not sure if it's a good idea to go ahead and start seeding the rest of the episodes already.

senko91

Post by senko91 » Jul 13th, '06, 10:44

im gonna vote on five spies...it sounds like a good serie ^^

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 13th, '06, 16:32

Someone else(Gir?) started seeding all of Five Spies already, so I decided to do so as well. Hopefully the people who download will stick around if it wins.

awsomwriter

Post by awsomwriter » Jul 13th, '06, 22:19

I am torn between Five Spies and Seikei Bijin.
Decisions, decisions, decisions!! :scratch:

Awsomwriter

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 15th, '06, 02:49

saigo_x wrote: I'm not sure how it works but I was wondering if you will be converting the series that wins into a batch torrent? I saw that it was done with some other series.
Well, you can only make a bath torrent if you've got all the files (which I don't ^_^;; )...
We normally only allow batches that have been approved by the original uploader, I don't think it'll be an issue for the SoTW.

Anyways, I'll look into it...

kate2312

Post by kate2312 » Jul 16th, '06, 12:16

I did watch seikei, not that great but enjoyable, so 5 spies sounds interesting...
Anyways thank for seeding. :wub:

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 18th, '06, 17:06

mizune wrote:Well, you can only make a bath torrent if you've got all the files (which I don't ^_^;; )...
We normally only allow batches that have been approved by the original uploader, I don't think it'll be an issue for the SoTW.

Anyways, I'll look into it...
It's not a big deal, I was just curious

Episode one of Five Spies looks to be well seeded and the other episodes are getting there. Even if it doesn't win the vote, it has already won by default hehe. [Edit] I take that back, Seikei Bijin looks well seed too.[/Edit]

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Jul 21st, '06, 19:44

This is what stupid people do. I could have broken the 60 X 60 tie between a drama I have and a drama I haven't seen. But this is what stupid people do, I cast my vote for Family Values the clutch winner for 4th place. But that's the series I'd like to see the most.

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Jul 21st, '06, 20:11

feedmeister wrote:This is what stupid people do. I could have broken the 60 X 60 tie between a drama I have and a drama I haven't seen. But this is what stupid people do, I cast my vote for Family Values the clutch winner for 4th place. But that's the series I'd like to see the most.
There, I broke it for you :mrgreen: 61 - 60, Five Spies winning :thumleft:

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 23rd, '06, 02:49

Five Spies still winning. I have to remember to keep checking tommorow to see if it does prevail. It seems most of the early birds have completed their downloads. Just have to wait and see how many new leechers pop up after the poll ends.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jul 23rd, '06, 03:04

Five Spies!!!!!!!!!

plot sounds awesome. what a twist.

japysia

Post by japysia » Jul 23rd, '06, 19:34

Hi, I would like to nominate Golden Bowl for the next poll.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 24th, '06, 03:50

Looks like the poll is over since it won't let me vote. Five Spies won I guess. Hmm, since we started seeding early there aren't alot of peers left hehe.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 24th, '06, 10:24

Our new JSoTW is Five Spies! :)

Volunteer seeders may start seeding the torrents now. Thank you all for your participation! :salut:

If you'd like to contribute a 150 x 150 banner to be displayed on the torrent index page, please do.

ilikedramas

Post by ilikedramas » Jul 24th, '06, 11:53

Could Tokyo wankei be a nominee on one of the future polls??

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 24th, '06, 14:52

Thanks for updating the page, Jannah...
Got hit with a blackout this weekend... :glare:
If somebody deosn't contribute a banner, I'll put something up tonight when I get home...(i'm hearing rumors of possible rolling brownouts but hopefully everything will still be running by tonight :fear:)

now, back to work....

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 24th, '06, 16:24

Blackout? That's what I've been afraid of all weekend myself. Oh well just have to hope it doesn't happen here. Time to seed.

Skykim

Post by Skykim » Jul 24th, '06, 21:45

Edit: Removed banner that sucked. Look at next post for submission.
Last edited by Skykim on Jul 24th, '06, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Skykim

Post by Skykim » Jul 24th, '06, 22:44

Maybe this one will do?
[img]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8826/five2sd2.jpg[/img]

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 25th, '06, 00:16

Skykim wrote:Maybe this one will do?
[img]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8826/five2sd2.jpg[/img]
Thanks Skykim.