Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW Poll (08/13/06) - Tokyo Wankei

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Aug 7th, '06, 10:36

Tokyo Wankei - gryzze, shneen, idiotboy, lilswtangel, Jenden, ookamiki, Athaclena42
47%
Koukou Kyoushi (1993) - ?seeders?
22%
Family Values - LittleGreenGrasshopper
10%
Konya Hitori no Beddo de - yuki83
22%

Total votes: 218

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW Poll (08/13/06) - Tokyo Wankei

Post by Jannah » Jul 24th, '06, 10:36

Hi everyone! This week, we have one new candidate going up against all the runner-ups from the previous poll.

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW : Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks goes out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Five Spies). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Koukou Kyoushi (1993) - info, torrents
Family Values - info, torrents
Konya Hitori no Beddo de - info, torrents
Tokyo Wankei - info, torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake ( S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by Jannah on Jul 25th, '06, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jul 24th, '06, 18:40

:w00t: Tokyo Wankei ALL THE WAY~!!!!!! :w00t:

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Jul 25th, '06, 00:49

I can seed Koukou Kyoushi on the off chance it wins against Nakama Yukie

zetobelt
Argentina

Post by zetobelt » Jul 25th, '06, 00:57

Tokyo Wankei!!!

I love Nakama Yukie! :wub:

gnohz

Post by gnohz » Jul 25th, '06, 01:44

I strongly strongly recommend Tokyo Wankei, if you like beautiful love stories....You'll probably love it ^^

shayla

Post by shayla » Jul 25th, '06, 02:49

Haven't the 2 first already won? I remember that they would already been up here? I mean I saw them then :unsure:

mii-chan

Post by mii-chan » Jul 25th, '06, 09:18

Yeah, Tokyo Wankei won before, but I didnt have the chance to download it then...
So, Tokyo wankei onegaishimaaaaasu! :cheers:

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Jul 25th, '06, 14:03

I voted for Koukou Kyoushi :whistling:

Melusine

Post by Melusine » Jul 25th, '06, 17:44

hard choice Family values or Tokyo Wankei....

And my vote goes to Family values

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 25th, '06, 20:05

For me, it's Tokyo Wankei.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jul 26th, '06, 16:10

I voted for Koukou Kyoushi (I believe it's the '93 version we're voting for here). I had a chance to watch the first few episodes of this drama before my computer went 'kaboom' and I found it captivating. The story is undoubtedly dark as it deals with several issues like incest, student-teacher relationship, rape, etc... but those are what made this drama a very poignant watch. However, it seems like it's losing to Tokyo Wankei T__T;

Keeper of hells gate2

Well its Tokyo Wankei again

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Jul 27th, '06, 02:48

As much as I would like to..........None of you Business.......Nakama Yukie and how good she looks in business cloths, the drama isn't all that good. Besides its won before. It reminds me way to much of a Korean drama and it just isn't that good IMO. What I would like to know is who the heck is that no name, no singer, actor who got the lead role and hasn't had a role since. Did they just take a guy off the street to play a lead role in a drama? I will vote for a different drama, but I have my doubts that the other three can with stand Yukie power, which is pretty powerful.

Hansol

Post by Hansol » Jul 27th, '06, 14:13

It's so boring that every Winner each weak are Series that has been well-seeded many times already.

mark2134

Post by mark2134 » Jul 28th, '06, 04:37

Nakama Yukie is so cute :)

troublard

Re: Well its Tokyo Wankei again

Post by troublard » Jul 29th, '06, 10:46

Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:...What I would like to know is who the heck is that no name, no singer, actor who got the lead role and hasn't had a role since. Did they just take a guy off the street to play a lead role in a drama?....
dorama is not the only way for an actor to act... He's doing well in movies even if he's not a "star", having made only one dorama doesn"t mean he lived in the stree before, you're really insulting. :cussing: and you can't even take the time to check before saying such abusive statement. maybe you have to see some movies and not only dorama :alcoholic:

sweetsamurai

jdotm

Post by sweetsamurai » Jul 30th, '06, 11:18

I havn't seen any of these but I think I will vote for :blink

Tokyo Wankei :w00t:

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Jul 30th, '06, 21:50

Voted for Family Values coz i've already seen Tokyo Wankei and Koukou Kyoshi. Well i guess i dont get to d/l anything this time either hehe

Anyway, i would like to nominate Asunaro Hakusho. I've been trying to download it for 2 months now, but there are no seeders at all. Onegai!

And i can also help seeding with TW or KK, whichever wins ^^

arvinaty

Post by arvinaty » Jul 30th, '06, 21:53

ooops, i've got Koukou Kyoshi 2003....sorry ^^' my fault
Last edited by arvinaty on Jul 30th, '06, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

J1N

Post by J1N » Jul 30th, '06, 22:15

i'm stuck between tokyo wankei and koukou kyoushi... but i'm leaning more towards the first one :)

kame101

Re: Well its Tokyo Wankei again

Post by kame101 » Jul 31st, '06, 08:35

troublard wrote:
dorama is not the only way for an actor to act... He's doing well in movies even if he's not a "star", having made only one dorama doesn"t mean he lived in the stree before, you're really insulting.
Ok so he didn't do his research.....no need to set the dogs on him.....I agree in part with Keeper, Tokyo Wankei was the first J Dorama I saw and it nearly put me off (and I like a love story). I also thought the male lead was a bit lack lustre in the acting department and thought maybe he was a first-timer? I have since watched and loved many more J Dorama and found Yukie more entertaining in Trick and Gokusen. I just found Tokyo Wankei a little too soft focus for me. Anyway go easy on each other...we are here because we all love dorama...even if we disagree on what is the best series. :-)

chesed

Post by chesed » Jul 31st, '06, 09:47

I haven't seen Kou Kou Kyoushi 1993... a Japanese person I met recommended it to me when the 2003 version was coming out... so my vote is for Kou.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 31st, '06, 22:40

PLease let Konya Hitori no Beddo de win this time!

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Aug 1st, '06, 04:20

dorama is not the only way for an actor to act... He's doing well in movies even if he's not a "star", having made only one dorama doesn"t mean he lived in the stree before, you're really insulting. and you can't even take the time to check before saying such abusive statement. maybe you have to see some movies and not only dorama
You have got to be kidding me - I wasn't serious about him living on the street. I guess people will take offense to just about anything. Must be a Wada Toshihiro fan. He has been in a few movies. Yeah, I think I figured out that you don't have to be in a drama to act. It is highly unusually for a drama actor to get a lead role in a drama and not be a star of some sort. If you want to make a big deal out of something. Make it out of something a little bit more "abusive and insulting", seriously. The fact of the matter is that he is a pretty good actor one of the better actors I have seen in a drama (even if the drama wasn't very well written IMO). He should be in more dramas even if they did get him off the street LOL.

The bigger issue is why people are voting for Tokyo Wankei? The series is well seeded and has won JSOTW before. If you want to see it you can surely get it right now.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 1st, '06, 04:28

Konya Hitori no Beddo de please~

But I guess I should get my Tokyo Wankei DVDs out just in case~ :roll

@Jannah, I noticed that there's a question mark next to Kou Kou Kyoushi~ If you were referring to JTV's "Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003", I can help seed that as well~ :)

"Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..." ~ Ward Sexton

Rama-Lamm

Post by Rama-Lamm » Aug 2nd, '06, 23:34

Though I'm not eligible for voting yet: I'd also like to see "Tokyo Wanker" :whistling: :D

Rama-Lamm

Post by Rama-Lamm » Aug 2nd, '06, 23:36

Funny, I thought 10 posts are necessary before one can vote for the SotW. Though, after posting the last reply I was able to do so *NICE* 8)

Kakihara

Post by Kakihara » Aug 2nd, '06, 23:41

The 1993 version of Koukou Kyoushi would be the hippest.

kaname

Post by kaname » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:01

at the risk of running thetenkens displeasure.....i voted for tokyo wankei because i absolutely loved it the first time i saw it...i didnt see that koukou was 1993(which I dont have ) not the 2003 (have)...can i change my vote?....nm no way koukou beat tokyo with yukie....

Catinka

Post by Catinka » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:46

have the other three so my vote goes to tada:

Konya Hitori no Beddo de !!!ONEGAI!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 3rd, '06, 02:35

lilswtangel wrote:@Jannah, I noticed that there's a question mark next to Kou Kou Kyoushi~ If you were referring to JTV's "Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003", I can help seed that as well~ :)
angel: nice of you to volunteer, but according to Jannah's first post, this will be the 1993 version. to avoid further confusion, i changed the wording in the vote option.

i watched it, and i thought it was a pretty good drama, albeit a rather disturbing one.

insyte

Post by insyte » Aug 3rd, '06, 08:57

wanna see Nakama Yukie in Tokyo Wankei :)

campbowie3333

Tokyo Wankei

Post by campbowie3333 » Aug 5th, '06, 03:00

All the way. I watched it for Nakama Yukie, saw (almost) every plot twist coming, cried a few times, and couldn't stop watching. I think (to me) most of the big Japanese actors have really vague Asian looks these days (maybe why Japanese actors were playing Korean characters?), but thought Wada Toshihiro had sharp Japanese features (more like actors in Kurosawa's films, perhaps). My two cents, gomen to any who want to argue with me.

troublard

Post by troublard » Aug 5th, '06, 19:05

You have got to be kidding me - I wasn't serious about him living on the street. I guess people will take offense to just about anything. Must be a Wada Toshihiro fan. ... The bigger issue is why people are voting for Tokyo Wankei? The series is well seeded and has won JSOTW before. If you want to see it you can surely get it right now.
You can think I overreacted but I really didn't get the joke. Indeed I think Wada Toshihiro is doing great.

Tokyo Wankei is winning and well seeded because it's a great show. That's the reason why I didn't even vote for it (Though I really love it...)

Just to be in the poll make doramas get attention's people, that how I could finnaly download "Konya..." though it's far from winning. The poll is like a kind of ad for doramas.
Indeed Yukie power seems to rule here, she's so wonderfull...

By the way the torrent of G@me is currently availlable on the net (above 2weeks ago if I'm correct) a must get for all Yukie's fans.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 7th, '06, 00:43

Looks like the winner for this week is Tokyo Wankei.
As always, please continue to seed the previous winner, Five Spies, for as long as possible to help out the stragglers...
New poll coming up in about 3-4 shakes... :)

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 7th, '06, 01:09

I had to check the date twice when I saw that last post hehe. A 50 point lead does seem insurmountable at this point.

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Aug 7th, '06, 06:36

saigo_x wrote:I had to check the date twice when I saw that last post hehe. A 50 point lead does seem insurmountable at this point.
The date is wrong--it should say 8/06/06, not 8/13/06.

sefure

Post by sefure » Aug 19th, '06, 17:20

i started watching tokyo wankei on youtube.. but stopped after the 3rd episode cause it was sooo boring