Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

November 2006's CSoTM: The Proud Twins

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
habukie
AiRen
AiRen

November 2006's CSoTM: The Proud Twins

Post by habukie » Oct 31st, '06, 06:19

Da Jia Hao!

The winner of November's CSoTM is The Proud Twins!

[img]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6817 ... 3zqmy5.jpg[/img]
Episodes :: 40
Seeders :: Xr8-S, lucypcng, Kai Lien, koulen
:: MediaCorp ::

Torrent available at jem's site

Seeding for November's Chinese Series of the Month has now started. Seeders, if there is any reason you cannot seed, please PM habukie or Kai Lien. Thanks! :wub: :heart:

The requirements for a CSoTM are that it be a Chinese production (Mainland, Tw, HK, Singapore, etc), complete, English-subbed with at least 3 volunteer seeders, the more the better. For a list of previous csotm winners and Chinese series here.

Look here to find out what a SoTM is here. Nominate a series for the next CSotM in this thread.

We've only got so many qualifying series at the moment, so there will be repeats. Post here or PM Animetama, Kai Lien, Calcifer or habukie if you can help out with any of these, or if you can seed other series for the future.

Previous Winners:
Feb/March = Lavender
April = My MVP Valentine
May = The Switch
June = Starry Starry Night
July = Mars
August = At The Dolphin Bay
September = Step Into The Past
October=To Get Unstuck In Time
November=The Champion
December= You Are The One
January/February = Romance Of The Three Kingdoms
March = Marmalade Boy
April = Twins Of Brothers
May = Prince Turns To Frog
June = It Started With A Kiss
July = Devil Beside You
August = Love Contract
September = Chinese Paladin
October = My Mighty In-Laws
Last edited by habukie on Nov 1st, '06, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.

koulen

Post by koulen » Oct 31st, '06, 21:35

Hey! Ep9 is only one minute and thirty-eight second. It seen the file is corrupted. Does anyone have the same problem???

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 1st, '06, 00:48

You must not have downloaded the entire episode. Try hashing the torrent again and see if you reach 100% or you can download the sfv file on Jem's main page and do a check with quick sfv.

lazybum

Post by lazybum » Nov 1st, '06, 06:13

never saw this one, so i'm excited that i finally get the chance!

koulen

Post by koulen » Nov 1st, '06, 10:12

Kai Lien wrote:You must not have downloaded the entire episode. Try hashing the torrent again and see if you reach 100% or you can download the sfv file on Jem's main page and do a check with quick sfv.
Thank Kai Lien. It wasn't finish like you said. I had to do manual hashing.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Nov 1st, '06, 14:55

Yay! I'm glad since I never got to finish watching it as it was taking forever on clubbox to download. :cheers:

koolkj2018

Post by koolkj2018 » Nov 2nd, '06, 05:17

how do u download the episodes

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 2nd, '06, 07:31

Okay, since we haven't had to go seed over at jem's site for awhile for the csotm, I'll tell you, kool. You go to the site http://jem.d-addicts.com then you scroll all the way down till you see Taiwan Drama and look for The Proud Twins. Under Episodes, left click, save as or just simply click [1-40] to download the batch torrent. If you don't know what to do after that read the FAQ (help) page that is located at the top of this page.

koolkj2018

Post by koolkj2018 » Nov 2nd, '06, 14:46

Thanks a lot kai

teenie

Post by teenie » Nov 3rd, '06, 03:24

i think the proud twins is the sequel to legendary siblings. does anyone have that?

auriga

Post by auriga » Nov 3rd, '06, 11:21

how come the chinese title on top of this page is different to the chinese title on the CSOTM banner? Is it jue "dai", or jue "shi"???

Porkyboi

Post by Porkyboi » Nov 3rd, '06, 20:23

This is the same story as the one where Dicky Cheung and Nicholas Tse plays in right? If so, which version is better? and how different is the storyline between them?

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 4th, '06, 01:27

auriga wrote:how come the chinese title on top of this page is different to the chinese title on the CSOTM banner? Is it jue "dai", or jue "shi"???
ohhhh...you're right. This one is Jue Shi Shuang Jiao. Kind of the sequel to Jue Shi Shuang Jiao. No wonder why Alec Su was on that picture. :sweat: He actually only appears as a cameo in the first one. Tae is the lead. Well, I better find another pic for habukie to change. :whistling:

This isn't the same story as the Dicky & Nic Tse one. Legendary Siblings is (Alec & Jimmy). This storyline takes place after or something. I never finished all 3 so I dunno. I hear legendary siblings is really good but I found it kind of boring and didn't really like their portrayal of the characters. Try googling some synopses.

auriga

Post by auriga » Nov 4th, '06, 01:33

thanks for clearing that up!! :D

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Nov 4th, '06, 17:01

Can someone please tell me if The Proud Twins is the same as The Handsome Siblings aka: Proud Of Twins?

Orase_Yanagi

Post by Orase_Yanagi » Nov 4th, '06, 17:37

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Is it just me or the serie doens't really end. The last episode starts building toward the climax and then, the screen just spins, some random battle goes on and the serie ends...

koulen

Post by koulen » Nov 4th, '06, 20:28

of _the_fire_roots wrote:Can someone please tell me if The Proud Twins is the same as The Handsome Siblings aka: Proud Of Twins?
Yes, it is the same. :-)

auriga

Post by auriga » Nov 5th, '06, 00:09

koulen wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:Can someone please tell me if The Proud Twins is the same as The Handsome Siblings aka: Proud Of Twins?
actually, it looks like it is not the same.
"proud of twins" is meant to be based on the novel by gu long-- jue dai shuang jiao 绝代双骄
but given a comedy kind of treatment.

the proud twins has characters inspired by the novel, but everything else is meant to be different from the novel.

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Nov 5th, '06, 01:17

auriga wrote:
koulen wrote:
actually, it looks like it is not the same.
"proud of twins" is meant to be based on the novel by gu long-- jue dai shuang jiao 绝代双骄
but given a comedy kind of treatment.

the proud twins has characters inspired by the novel, but everything else is meant to be different from the novel.
So in other words, it's not the same...?

Orase_Yanagi

Post by Orase_Yanagi » Nov 5th, '06, 06:45

i've seen both,
no it's not the same.
this is in a way the sequel to legendary siblings. They changed 1 character of everyone's name, for copyright issues i guess.
it's the story about the sons of Jiang Xiao Yu and Hua Wu Que
Last edited by Orase_Yanagi on Nov 5th, '06, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 5th, '06, 06:49

Gu Long only wrote 'Legendary Sibling'. This is a sequel to 'Legendary Sibling' that Gu Long never wrote. 'Legendary Sibling's storyline is much better.

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Nov 5th, '06, 07:02

If someone has watched this series before, would you recommend it to others? I just want to know if I should spend time download this whole series.

Orase_Yanagi

Post by Orase_Yanagi » Nov 5th, '06, 15:28

of _the_fire_roots wrote:If someone has watched this series before, would you recommend it to others? I just want to know if I should spend time download this whole series.
i really don't think it's all that great, i didn't really like the special effects, the storyline isn't bad but acting wasn't great. the story is left somewhat unfinished (check the first post of the page that has a spoiler warning)
if you are a Gu Long/ Jue Dai Shuang Jiao maniac like i am, than you should watch it

here are some pictures, as you can see, some actors come back from the Jimmy/Alec Jue Dai Shuang Jiao
Attachments
group 03.jpg
group 03.jpg (67.47 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
group 02.jpg
group 02.jpg (76.57 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
dou dou.jpg
dou dou.jpg (20.59 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
group 05.jpg
group 05.jpg (54.7 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
group 06.jpg
group 06.jpg (72.65 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (22.15 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
tae & li xiao lu.jpg
tae & li xiao lu.jpg (69.12 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
xiang xiang.jpg
xiang xiang.jpg (73.8 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
zi xuan.jpg
zi xuan.jpg (16.89 KiB) Viewed 17905 times
jue shi shuang jiao 01.jpg
jue shi shuang jiao 01.jpg (117.5 KiB) Viewed 17905 times

koulen

Post by koulen » Nov 6th, '06, 03:55

Who is she?
Attachments
14_168.jpg
14_168.jpg (22.15 KiB) Viewed 17860 times

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 6th, '06, 04:04

Orase_Yanagi wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:If someone has watched this series before, would you recommend it to others? I just want to know if I should spend time download this whole series.
i really don't think it's all that great, i didn't really like the special effects, the storyline isn't bad but acting wasn't great. the story is left somewhat unfinished (check the first post of the page that has a spoiler warning)
if you are a Gu Long/ Jue Dai Shuang Jiao maniac like i am, than you should watch it

here are some pictures, as you can see, some actors come back from the Jimmy/Alec Jue Dai Shuang Jiao
but gu long didnt write this.

koulen

Post by koulen » Nov 6th, '06, 04:06

crazylife123 wrote:
Orase_Yanagi wrote:

crazylife123, do you have Legendary Sibling? How does it different between this drama and Legendary Sibling?

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Nov 6th, '06, 06:41

koulen wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
Orase_Yanagi wrote: i really don't think it's all that great, i didn't really like the special effects, the storyline isn't bad but acting wasn't great. the story is left somewhat unfinished (check the first post of the page that has a spoiler warning)

crazylife123, do you have Legendary Sibling? How does it different between this drama and Legendary Sibling?
I am also wondering that...If you have it would you mind taking time to upload it? :cry:

@Orase_Yanagi. Thanks for answering my question.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 6th, '06, 06:46

i believe D-Fansub is taking on 'Amazing Twin' aka 'Legendary Sibling' for their next or current project.

a_inuyasha_z

Post by a_inuyasha_z » Nov 6th, '06, 06:56

koulen wrote:Who is she?
Her name is Zhang Rui Zhu..........I only know that much about her. Try Drama Wiki:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zhang_Rui_Zhu

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Nov 6th, '06, 07:16

D-Fansubs dropped Proud Twins, sorry everyone.

We dropped it because of lack of interests from our staff members including our chinese translators. If anyone would like to take on the project, you can do so.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 6th, '06, 08:06

That's too bad. Well, there are english subs on the Taiseng dvd.

Orase_Yanagi

Post by Orase_Yanagi » Nov 6th, '06, 08:12

a_inuyasha_z wrote:
koulen wrote:Who is she?
Her name is Zhang Rui Zhu..........I only know that much about her. Try Drama Wiki:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zhang_Rui_Zhu
She played Lian Xing (the younger sister of Yao Yue, one of the two princesses of Yi Hua Gong) in Legendary Siblings. I haven't seen her anywhere else...

gaidal

Post by gaidal » Nov 12th, '06, 19:40

I had this drama on DVD since jem released it and thought I could help seeding now that my new computer and new 10 mbit connection is set up... :D

...but this torrent is so fast already so I guess it doesn't matter at all. Oh well.

顺便,我的中国朋友怎么都没看过这个电视剧? :unsure: 我一直觉得很奇怪。。。

koulen

Post by koulen » Nov 13th, '06, 23:16

Does anyone know where I can find the Proud Twins OST?

ropgurl

Post by ropgurl » Nov 16th, '06, 06:46

is there a place where i can dl this ep by ep with chinese subtitles instead of english subtitles? thanks!

arieshellangel

Post by arieshellangel » Nov 17th, '06, 05:37

Is this drama originally manderin? I REALLY hope it's not DUBBED... I think I would delete the whole series even if I finished downloading it if I found out it was dubbed... =T

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 19th, '06, 04:59

Yes, the drama is originally in mandarin. Well, sometimes tv companies dub the actors voices for lots of reasons. I'm not really sure on the details.

arieshellangel

Post by arieshellangel » Nov 19th, '06, 05:16

o =) thanks for telling me =) There are very few seeds for this series tho.. =T I've been trying to find this since... *counts fingers* at least 5 years... lol I saw it in my friend's place and got really interested but when I asked her again, she said she forgot the name and I couldn't find it anywhere since it's so old...

mkaymrxo

Post by mkaymrxo » Nov 27th, '06, 13:08

Hi, does anyone know the ending song for this series?
i really like it since it sounds happy.
if you guys can tell me the name/artist that'd be great, but if you tell me how to get it, YOU CAN BE MY GOD. thannnks : ]

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 29th, '06, 07:52

Here's a translation of the song by Jem: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11827_105.htm
The person who sang it is that girl in the show. Her name is Jacqueline Li Xiao Lu.

Proud Twins Opening Theme " A World with You in it" By Jimmy Lin
Proud Twins Ending Theme By Jacqueline Li Xiao Lu

C-drama themes here

*It is under Legendary Siblings II

mkaymrxo

Post by mkaymrxo » Dec 5th, '06, 00:22

phalken

Post by phalken » Dec 12th, '06, 02:11

I just started watching the 2005 version of "Jue Dai Shuang Jiao"-- could someone please clarify the english titles and timeline for me?

From what I know:

1- Jue Dai Shuang Jiao [first/old version]: Original Story by GuLong, Lead by Alec Su and Jimmy Lin, and goes by the english title "Legendary Siblings"? [is there any other english title it goes by?]

2- Jue Shi Shuang Jiao : Sequel to Jue Dai Shuang Jiao, Lead by Jimmy Lin and TAE, about JiangXiaoYu and HuaWuQue's sons. I have no idea what english name it goes by except "Legendary Simblings II" @_@

3- Jue Dai Shuang Jiao 2005 [Second/New version]: Same as the previous Jue Dai Shuang Jiao? With a plot twist? The timeline should be the same, but I'm not quite sure if this is really based on Gu Long's novel o.O; Lead by Dicky Cheung and Nicholas Tse. "Handsome Siblings" or "Proud of Twins" as far as I know.

Now if someone would smack me and tell me how wrong I am, I'd appreciate it ^^; Or comfirm if anything I wrote was actually accurate @_@ And fill in some blanks .___.;

Last question-- I swear-- Is there any fansub group subbing EITHER of the Jue Dai Shuang Jiao series? Because I'd love to help if it's in the process/in the future because I'm in love with them >_>; [no comment for JueShiShuangJiao, becuase I went EW at it from about the halfway point on]

Thank you to anyone who decides I'm not too much of an idiot to be salvaged and helps me with some of this information ^^ ♥

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 13th, '06, 08:31

1. Yeah people call it Legendary Siblings or Handsome Siblings.

2. It's kinda of a sequel and kind of not. TV Captures by Jem go by the name of Proud Twins. November's csotm.

3. Yes, its supposed to be the same as Jue dai shuang jiao. Yes to the plot twist and correct on the names.

http://jem.d-addicts.com <--- At that site, there are TV captures of the series you mentioned above, for #2 & #3. Although, #3 goes by the name of Invincible Duo. Currently there are 2 episodes available.

More info @ the Mediacorp site.

auriga

Post by auriga » Dec 29th, '06, 00:39

Warning--- Spoiler

Just finished watching this series. Thanks so much.
I do have a few questions though, hope some one can enlighten me!

What is it with Wuji's parentage? If Madam Bing is his true mother, then who is that sickly woman who saved everyone from an explosion at Bu'er Manor? ( who claimed she was the wife of Feng Wuque, and mother of Wuji). This obviously does not add up with Xiaojiang's story that his mother taught him various skills. Are there supposed to be some lies, or is it just a problem with the scripting?

bbleticia

Post by bbleticia » Dec 29th, '06, 00:44

i was wondering where i could find the first legendary siblings... i been lookin everywhere but i cant seem to find it... can someone tell me where i can find it?

a_inuyasha_z

Post by a_inuyasha_z » Dec 29th, '06, 01:47

auriga wrote:Warning--- Spoiler

What is it with Wuji's parentage? If Madam Bing is his true mother, then who is that sickly woman who saved everyone from an explosion at Bu'er Manor? ( who claimed she was the wife of Feng Wuque, and mother of Wuji). This obviously does not add up with Xiaojiang's story that his mother taught him various skills. Are there supposed to be some lies, or is it just a problem with the scripting?
Wuji's parents is Madam Bing and the Evil Man (Sorry forgot his name)........The sick lady was Xiao Jiang's Mother (The wife of Feng Wuque)..........Mainly it was all an act to get Wuji to kill his own father and revenge for Xiao You's Father and his father....At first Xiao Jiang want to kill wuji because he was afraid that Wuji will turn out to be like his father but instead he was actually a very good person....Xiao Jiang decided to gave up his title as Feng Wuque's Son to Wuji because XiaoJiang is ill and he won't live that long due to that accident of his mother jumping off the cliff...........

auriga

Post by auriga » Dec 29th, '06, 03:40

bbleticia wrote:i was wondering where i could find the first legendary siblings... i been lookin everywhere but i cant seem to find it... can someone tell me where i can find it?
I don't think there is a subbed version available, yet.
If you look at the first post on this thread, you can see a link to jem's site.
On there, you will see a series ( Invincible duo), which is the series "Xiao Yuer and Hua WuQue". Not complete yet, obviously.
Last edited by auriga on Dec 29th, '06, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

auriga

Post by auriga » Dec 29th, '06, 03:48

a_inuyasha_z wrote:

Wuji's parents is Madam Bing and the Evil Man (Sorry forgot his name)........The sick lady was Xiao Jiang's Mother (The wife of Feng Wuque)..........Mainly it was all an act to get Wuji to kill his own father and revenge for Xiao You's Father and his father....At first Xiao Jiang want to kill wuji because he was afraid that Wuji will turn out to be like his father but instead he was actually a very good person....Xiao Jiang decided to gave up his title as Feng Wuque's Son to Wuji because XiaoJiang is ill and he won't live that long due to that accident of his mother jumping off the cliff........
Really? Was there a part that showed that the sick lady was putting on an act ( just before dying???) According to her, she gave up her baby to some farming couple because she was in danger at that time, and since then did not dare to even visit due to fear of being found out. I just cannot reconcile this with what Xiao jiang said about growing up with his mother ( early childhood at least).

ispammy

Post by ispammy » Jan 12th, '07, 16:29

auriga wrote:
a_inuyasha_z wrote:

Wuji's parents is Madam Bing and the Evil Man (Sorry forgot his name)........The sick lady was Xiao Jiang's Mother (The wife of Feng Wuque)..........Mainly it was all an act to get Wuji to kill his own father and revenge for Xiao You's Father and his father....At first Xiao Jiang want to kill wuji because he was afraid that Wuji will turn out to be like his father but instead he was actually a very good person....Xiao Jiang decided to gave up his title as Feng Wuque's Son to Wuji because XiaoJiang is ill and he won't live that long due to that accident of his mother jumping off the cliff........
Really? Was there a part that showed that the sick lady was putting on an act ( just before dying???) According to her, she gave up her baby to some farming couple because she was in danger at that time, and since then did not dare to even visit due to fear of being found out. I just cannot reconcile this with what Xiao jiang said about growing up with his mother ( early childhood at least).
hehe. just also finished watching this.

And, I'd have to go with a_inuyasha_z's explanation regarding wuji's parentage.. Because the story we heard from Feng Wuque's wife could all have been a plan by her and her son Xiao Jiang so as to let Wuji think that he is Feng Wuque's son.

But I just have to say, the last couple of episodes was so anti-climax. It felt rushed, among others.

Oh, and did they change the actress playing ShuangShuang? Cause she looked smaller when she was hugging Wuji in Ep40. But I maybe wrong though. XD

blm_truly

Post by blm_truly » Mar 16th, '07, 18:56

PLEASE, does anyone knows where i can find the first and original LEGENDARY SIBILINGS with Alec and Jimmy? (not the proud twins (legendary sibilings II)) PLEASE, LET ME KNOW!!!!! Very much want to find it and see!!! ^_^