Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW (12/10/2006) - Yasashii Jikan

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Dec 12th, '06, 05:01

Koi Seyo Otome - ippanjin22
27%
Concerto - shneen, gryzze, lucypcng, taleia, ookamiki
26%
Heavens Coins II - shneen, lilswtangel, Lynn Minmei
8%
Yasashii Jikan - laure_choc, Athaclena42, saigo_x, lilswtangel
39%

Total votes: 180

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW (12/10/2006) - Yasashii Jikan

Post by mizune » Nov 28th, '06, 05:01

Sorry for the delay everybody.... I just kinda forgot to make the post last night... :fear:

Anyhow, I decided to put off the SP pack idea until the next SoTW poll for a couple reasons:
1. Because the link to the last poll was posted on the main torrent page so late, I don't know how many ppl got a chance to actually see the idea and give some input.
2. A bunch of the SP choices have laure_choc as the only volunteer seeder, but since she's also seeding this week's winner (thanks! :cheers:), I didn't want to possibly bombard her on consecutive polls. Which leads me to...
3. We are always in need of more volunteer seeders! The more ppl that sign onto series, the more choices we get for future SoTWs.

If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about when I say "SP pack", please read this from the last poll:
mizune wrote: I've also been wanting to try something out for awhile now, and it looks like there are finally enough volunteer seeders to do it. What I would like to try in one of the upcoming polls is to group about 3-5 (depending on the size) of the television SPs that have been subbed and offer them together as a single SoTW contender. I always think that these shows get left in the dust pretty easily and would like to give them a chance to stay seeded just as well as regular series. What do you guys think? Any series you'd like to see in a pack? Remember to check the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread for potential candidates. :)
Oh, and since a bunch of seeders jumped onto Summer Snow, I've kicked that to the curb for this poll, so to speak... :mrgreen:

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Flowers for Algernon). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Koi Seyo Otome - torrents
Concerto - torrents
Heaven's Coins II - torrents
Yasashii Jikan - torrent

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Dec 16th, '06, 06:00, edited 2 times in total.

ParisAsta

Post by ParisAsta » Nov 28th, '06, 05:08

Well I hope I am doing this right..

But I voted for "Concerto" its the only one I have not seen..

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 28th, '06, 05:21

oh, forgot to mention...
please read the opening part of the first post!
and gimme some feedback...
thanks
:fear:

emrams

Post by emrams » Nov 28th, '06, 05:51

voted for Koi Seyo Otome because I would like to see a good romantic comedy that I have never seen before, and I have been watching a lot of oldies already recently. second place would go to yasashii jikan.

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 28th, '06, 05:55

my vote to Concerto 8)

and also want to norminate yankee bokou ni kaeru (which is now fully subbed but not yet in the list) :lol

about sp pack, i think it's a very good idea. you should do it once in awhile coz there're actually not that many sp with sub.

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Nov 28th, '06, 08:20

This was a tough one, but I eventually made a choice.

Concerto.

sveta

Post by sveta » Nov 28th, '06, 20:46

ooh, tough. All sound interesting. I think i'll vote for Concerto or Heaven's Coins 2. I'd like something pre-2000. Though Koi Seyo does interesting... I voted for Koi, and i think i was a tie-breaker! :D

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Nov 29th, '06, 00:20

I'd like to nominate two classic love stories - Tokyo Love Story and Manhattan Love Story - for the next JSOTW. Thank you.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 29th, '06, 04:58

Sorry, but Manhattan Love Story isn't eligible for the SoTW unless it's been subtitled someplace and I just missed it. Only series that are completely subtitled in English are eligible...

debye

Post by debye » Nov 29th, '06, 05:19

Yasashii Jikan -- it came so close last week, surely it deserves to win now.

iLuvU4eTerniTy

help

Post by iLuvU4eTerniTy » Nov 29th, '06, 05:39

what does JSOTW mean? i was just wondering..... also plz vote for heaven's coin II, seems to never win the votes. the first one was awesome

cha2

Re: help

Post by cha2 » Nov 29th, '06, 07:09

iLuvU4eTerniTy wrote:what does JSOTW mean?
JSOTW = Japanese Series of the Week

drZero

Post by drZero » Nov 29th, '06, 07:36

go go go Yasashi Jikan!

vis

Post by vis » Nov 29th, '06, 15:52

Yasashi Jikan sounds interesting so I voted for it ^^

sswoy

Post by sswoy » Nov 29th, '06, 21:00

vote for Concerto.

Asu

Post by Asu » Dec 1st, '06, 11:52

I am glad that Yasahi Jikan is winning!!! yay! *^_^*

Darez

Post by Darez » Dec 3rd, '06, 01:58

Concerto seems like another love-triangle focused story, which I've gotten tired of - from watching so many korean drama.

Koi Seyo and Yakashii Jikan look interesting... I'll throw a vote for the latter just to widen the gap and keep concerto from winning. :P

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 3rd, '06, 02:13

Darez wrote: Koi Seyo and Yakashii Jikan look interesting... I'll throw a vote for the latter just to widen the gap and keep concerto from winning. :P
Yeah, well I don't think you really need to worry about Concerto winning this week... :lol

Anyhow, back to the SP pack idea...
I just want to remind everybody that in order for this to work well, we're going to need volunteer seeders for these series as well. So please sign up if you can.

Also, since nobody really seems to be that interested in which SPs in particular get inserted into a pack, I guess it'll be dealer's choice....:whistling:

melich

Post by melich » Dec 3rd, '06, 03:24

I'd like to nominate Maria as the next JSOTW :) The SP pack idea sounds fine to me

ushiushi

Post by ushiushi » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:47

Cool, I never knew JEM was included in the list! I can't figure out Clubbox for the love of me, so all those dead trackers are the only way to go.

From JEM:
- Food Fight: I heard it's awful . . on the other hand, how the heck did the ending song end up being one of the best selling Japanese singles ever? So yes, I'm basing my recommendation on a song. =P
- Hero: Huge ratings. Curious.

From d-addicts:
- Odoru Daisousasen: I have watched this, it is incredible, a milestone in jdrama and looong overdue for SotW!
- The Salaryman Kintaros: If only there were more seeders out there. Is Sakura even still around? ^_^

From JTV:
- Um, nothing really. But just wondering, are their tracker numbers accurate? I'm surprised some really popular shows like Pride still have zero downloads . .

Red Suns FC3S

Post by Red Suns FC3S » Dec 3rd, '06, 18:52

ParisAsta wrote:Well I hope I am doing this right..

But I voted for "Concerto" its the only one I have not seen..

You will like this one. It was one of the first doramas I saw I absolutely loved it. It seems any show I watch these days involve architects sp... Like Abe Hiroshi's last dorama of that nature was another splendid choice.

japysia

Post by japysia » Dec 9th, '06, 05:56

I'd like to nominate denchi ga kireru made for the next JSOTW.

freecosmo

Post by freecosmo » Dec 10th, '06, 01:27

Between "Yasashii Jikan" and "Concerto".........................

"""""Yasashii Jikan"""""

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 11th, '06, 03:06

Whoops, forgot about this...
Yasashii Jikan wins this week, so feel free to start seeding now.
But please continue seeding Flowers for Algernon for as long as possible to help others with slower connections.

I'll post up a new poll thread sometime in the next day or 2 when I get the time...

Threetwosevensixseven

Post by Threetwosevensixseven » Dec 11th, '06, 18:03

Yasashii Jikan subs are here...

Really looking forward to this one, thanks seeders!

ainangst

Post by ainangst » Dec 21st, '06, 07:25

woo hoo for yasashii jikan!
^___^