Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW (2/4/2007) - Love & Eros

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Iguana no Musume - hakuharu, laure_choc
23%
Suiyoubi no Jouji - laure_choc
30%
Say Hello to Blackjack - lilswtangel, japysia
47%

Total votes: 199

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW (2/4/2007) - Love & Eros

Post by mizune » Jan 22nd, '07, 02:40

First of all, since there's no other way of doing it on the front page, here are the torrent links for the SP Pack winner.
SP Pack:
Now onto the commmentary...
Well, beat me over the head with a cheese stick, the experiment was a success! The SP Pack actually turned out to be whole heck of a lot more popular than I thought it would be... :mrgreen: :fear: As long as we can keep getting volunteer seeders on these specials, I imagine this is something we'll do now and then just to mix things up a bit.

Speaking of experiments, is there any interest in setting up a Series of the Month poll using series that have multiple seasons? I was thinking of using series like Trick, Shomuni (although it's currently being VSS'd), Heaven's Coins, 24 hr Emergency Ward, Gokusen, Waterboys, Investigator Mariko, or anything else that has multiple seasons. We've done something like this before, but I just want to test the waters for interest right now. Let me know how you feel about something like that, and if you're for it, which series you'd like to put head-to-head.

Also, Concerto seems to have several seeds on the torrent right now, so it will be replaced with a new, unseeded contender this poll.

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (SP Pack: Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Iguana no Musume - torrents
Blackjack ni Yoroshiku - torrents
Love & Eros - torrents
Suiyoubi no Jouji - torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan, Maria/Mariya, Style!, SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe)

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Feb 7th, '07, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Jan 22nd, '07, 03:40

People, please vote for Suiyoubi no Jouji. Amami Yuki is there.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jan 22nd, '07, 03:42

canon05 wrote:People, please vote for Suiyoubi no Jouji. Amami Yuki is there.
I am voting for it, because I haven't seen it yet.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 22nd, '07, 03:54

pls vote for Suiyoubi no Jouji!!! it would be great to see Amami Yuki's older dramas.:)

sveta

Post by sveta » Jan 22nd, '07, 04:01

I voted for the iguana one...i'm not interested in pure romance

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Jan 22nd, '07, 04:08

I voted for Blackjack ni Yoroshiku, since it is the only one I haven't seen.

The serie of the month sounds a good experiment. It worked pretty well for Trick.

debye

Post by debye » Jan 22nd, '07, 07:07

I'm for Suiyoubi no Jouji, since it seems to be a little older and have a somewhat less familar cast than the others.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 22nd, '07, 10:54

Suiyoubi no Jouji..

Nono

Post by Nono » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:21

Love & Eros..

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Jan 22nd, '07, 17:46

Voted for Iguana but I can help to seed blackjack if it wins.

f2tsky

Post by f2tsky » Jan 23rd, '07, 03:08

I voted for Iguana no mususme.

Fujia

Post by Fujia » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:39

Love & Eros.

tisa

Post by tisa » Jan 23rd, '07, 17:40

Love and eros must win. It's so interesting.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jan 24th, '07, 03:15

Iguana no Musume! Its sounds very interesting.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jan 26th, '07, 06:10

I have not seen any of the dramas listed this time but I voted for Say Hello to Blackjack, since it appears to be one of the few dramas in which Satoshi plays a main character. And it won best drama award too, so at least it should have some good points.

zany003

Post by zany003 » Jan 26th, '07, 08:33

say hello to blackjack! i've been waiting for this after finishing slow dance, mainly cuz of satoshi tsumabuki. :lol

BeerChan

Post by BeerChan » Jan 27th, '07, 18:04

Say Hello To Blackjack, for sure! :D

red dog

Post by red dog » Jan 27th, '07, 18:50

Suiyoubi no Jouji. Amami Yuki is who I vote for....thanks... Red Dog

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 28th, '07, 17:16

ooo...
i love it when there's close competition for the lead... :mrgreen:

except that means i have to get 2 potential banner pics ready... :fear:

cha2

Post by cha2 » Jan 30th, '07, 15:18

mizune wrote:Speaking of experiments, is there any interest in setting up a Series of the Month poll using series that have multiple seasons? ... Let me know how you feel about something like that, and if you're for it, which series you'd like to put head-to-head.
I am interested in a Series of the Month poll. :-)

My choices for the poll would be...

1. Trick (3 seasons & Trick Special)
2. Heaven's Coins (3 seasons & HC Finale Special)
3. 24 hr Emergency Ward (only 2nd and 3rd seasons are available?)
4. Sarariman Kintaro (4 seasons & Special)

With at least 40 episodes, Sarariman Kintaro might be difficult to complete in a month though. But it sounds interesting.

melich

Post by melich » Jan 30th, '07, 15:23

wow yeah definitely, the series of the month idea sounds fantastic! if ever that pushes through i'd like to nominate the heaven's coins trilogy.

whatafatcats

Post by whatafatcats » Feb 1st, '07, 08:27

One vote for Iguana no Musume!
I love iguana~ (kidding) the plot seems so good. I love JP style touching drama especially about family.. . **blow the nose**

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Feb 1st, '07, 16:29

Say Hello to Blackjack ^o^V

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Feb 1st, '07, 17:12

cha2 wrote:
mizune wrote:Speaking of experiments, is there any interest in setting up a Series of the Month poll using series that have multiple seasons? ... Let me know how you feel about something like that, and if you're for it, which series you'd like to put head-to-head.
I am interested in a Series of the Month poll. :-)

My choices for the poll would be...

1. Trick (3 seasons & Trick Special)
2. Heaven's Coins (3 seasons & HC Finale Special)
3. 24 hr Emergency Ward (only 2nd and 3rd seasons are available?)
4. Sarariman Kintaro (4 seasons & Special)

With at least 40 episodes, Sarariman Kintaro might be difficult to complete in a month though. But it sounds interesting.
I like the idea of a J-SotM too but I hope it won't cut into the SotW.

There aren't very many series that have three or more seasons so that doesn't leave much to choose from. So why not include those long Taiga Dramas?

Since they are normally 40+ eps I have the same concern as Cha2 with Kintaro. But since the SoW lasts two weeks, I don't see why the SoM can't last 6 weeks or even two months.

This could also help with the rotation. Since even with Taiga dramas there may only be about a dozen shows long enough for SoM. But this is fine since If they run for two months, it will take around two years before we have to worry about anything repeating.

If any of this sounds good to you (or if you think it is a bad idea), then speak up so that Mizune can get an idea of how the community feels about it.

Lil' SnowFlake

Post by Lil' SnowFlake » Feb 2nd, '07, 01:17

Blackjack ni Yoroshiku
Last edited by Lil' SnowFlake on Feb 3rd, '07, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

cha2

Post by cha2 » Feb 2nd, '07, 13:52

I like feedmeister's suggestion of introducing Taiga dramas into a SOTM poll. However, not all available Taiga dramas have volunteer seeders in the JSOTW list.

Available English subtitled Taiga dramas are:

Aoi Tokugawa Sandai (NHK Taiga drama 2000) - No volunteer seeder listed
Tokimune Hojo (NHK Taiga drama 2001) - No volunteer seeder listed
Toshiie and Matsu (NHK Taiga drama 2002) - 1 volunteer
Musashi (NHK Taiga Drama 2003) - 1 volunteer
Shinsengumi (NHK Taiga drama 2004) - 1 volunteer
Yoshitsune (NHK Taiga drama 2005) - Not listed?

Each Taiga drama has 49 episodes. Komyo ga Tsuji (NHK Taiga drama 2006) has not been released completely yet. This would mean only 3 Taiga dramas are applicable for a possible SOTM poll?

Back to normal drama series.. apart from the titles listed by mizune, and Sarariman Kintaro, another English subtitled Japanese drama is Hotman (2 seasons & 1 unsubbed Special). One notes both Sarariman Kintaro and Investigator Mariko (5 seasons at least) have at least 40 episodes making them comparable to Taiga dramas.

Other mutiple season dramas such as Fugoh Keiji, Furuhata Ninzaburo, 3 nen B gumi Kinpachi sensei etc have incomplete English subtitles or none at all yet.

As such, I think feedmeister's analysis that perhaps only a dozen or so dramas would qualify for SOTM is right.

What does everyone think? :-)

sheep11

Post by sheep11 » Feb 2nd, '07, 14:27

haven't seen love and eros, looks interesting, i hope it wins!

melica37

Post by melica37 » Feb 3rd, '07, 09:52

This poll is a white knuckler. Go Love & Eros. I enjoyed the actors in that show and loved the main theme song.

DarX-S0ul

Post by DarX-S0ul » Feb 4th, '07, 08:40

I really hope that Suiyoubi no jouji win

melich

Post by melich » Feb 4th, '07, 10:15

whoa... pretty tight race between love & eros and blackjack ni yoroshiku

rainfall

Post by rainfall » Feb 5th, '07, 02:17

when will we know the result of the winner... :P

tisa

Post by tisa » Feb 5th, '07, 22:50

Has the voting been prolonged because we should have the winner already? Is that why the pool hasn't been closed yet?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 7th, '07, 05:19

Sorry for the delay guys, trouble at work, trouble at home (internet), blah blah blah... :fear:

Winner for the poll is Love and Eros (by oh, such a scant margin!), so if people haven't begun seeding it, by all means, please do!

I'll see if I can't get a new poll up by tomorrow.
Really apologize for the delay... ;_;

Edit: If anybody could help out with 150x150 banner logo, I'd appreciate it, 'cause I've got nothing.