Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW (2/18/2007) - Le Bel Homme

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW

Poll ended at Feb 21st, '07, 15:17

Le Bel Homme - higuma, SakuraG89, laure_choc
41%
Suiyoubi no Jouji - laure_choc
21%
Amai Seikatsu - higuma
9%
Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins - LittleGreenGrasshopper, lilswtangel, puccakiss79, Lynn Minmei
28%

Total votes: 158

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW (2/18/2007) - Le Bel Homme

Post by mizune » Feb 7th, '07, 15:17

Too busy for commentary this week besides saying that both Iguana no Musume and Blackjack ni Yoroshiku have a bunch of seeders now, so I'm rolling them off the poll this week.

Any more comments on the below?
Speaking of experiments, is there any interest in setting up a Series of the Month poll using series that have multiple seasons? I was thinking of using series like Trick, Shomuni (although it's currently being VSS'd), Heaven's Coins, 24 hr Emergency Ward, Gokusen, Waterboys, Investigator Mariko, or anything else that has multiple seasons. We've done something like this before, but I just want to test the waters for interest right now. Let me know how you feel about something like that, and if you're for it, which series you'd like to put head-to-head.

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Love & Eros). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Amai Seikatsu - torrents
Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins - torrents[version 1] or [version 2]
Le Bel Homme - torrents
Suiyoubi no Jouji - torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan, Maria/Mariya, Style!, SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe), Love & Eros

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Feb 27th, '07, 04:46, edited 3 times in total.

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 7th, '07, 15:27

Le Bel Homme..

arimi

Post by arimi » Feb 7th, '07, 16:37

Le Bel Homme looks interesting

Fujia

Post by Fujia » Feb 8th, '07, 07:11

:D Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins looks very, very interesting. I vote for this Dorama! :thumright:

Jon Snow

Post by Jon Snow » Feb 8th, '07, 07:17

I want to see all of them -_-
But Hoshi no Kinka looks more interesting

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Feb 8th, '07, 16:06

Le Bel Homme

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Feb 9th, '07, 08:49

Hoshi no kinka,
but it being in this poll, does it mean the idea of SotM (see last poll) is rejected (at least for the Hoshi no kinka series)?

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Feb 9th, '07, 15:25

Would like to nominate Remote for the next poll.

http://jdorama.com/drama.614.htm

whomp

Post by whomp » Feb 9th, '07, 22:39

Suiyoubi no Jouji please!

it has a great cast hehe

Angelyn

Post by Angelyn » Feb 9th, '07, 22:51

I was torn between Le Bel Homme and Hoshi no Kinka >.<*
I chose Le Bel Homme just because it's not as played out as the "memory-loss" genre...

paopei

vote

Post by paopei » Feb 10th, '07, 20:56

La Belle Homme

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Feb 11th, '07, 12:49

"la belle homme" c'est une histoire de transexuelle?

Gosh I'm stuck at 50% on le bel homme for month, I've got the feeling it' s the end of my quest.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Feb 11th, '07, 13:05

Le Bel Homme!!!! OMG I always wanted to watch this one but it was never seeded when I checked it hihi I'm kinda excited that there'll a possibility to download it soon <3

shigue16

Post by shigue16 » Feb 12th, '07, 04:30

Le Belle Homme!!!

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Feb 12th, '07, 04:39

Hoshi No kinka i guess...i wonder what happens after she finds him...hm...

hakuharu

Re: Japanese SoTW Poll - ends 2/19/2007

Post by hakuharu » Feb 12th, '07, 20:28

mizune wrote:(...)
Any more comments on the below?
Speaking of experiments, is there any interest in setting up a Series of the Month poll using series that have multiple seasons? I was thinking of using series like Trick, Shomuni (although it's currently being VSS'd), Heaven's Coins, 24 hr Emergency Ward, Gokusen, Waterboys, Investigator Mariko, or anything else that has multiple seasons. We've done something like this before, but I just want to test the waters for interest right now. Let me know how you feel about something like that, and if you're for it, which series you'd like to put head-to-head.
I really think it's a good idea. I downloaded Trick when it was series of the month and it was really nice to get it all in one go.
The only problem that I see is series with only one or two volunteers (yep, I'm one of those 8) ). If this seeder has to tackle 3 or more seasons with a limited bandwidth it can't be done in a month. I wouldn't be able to seed 5 seasons of mariko one month long - I'd have to restrict all my downloads for that.... I'd give it a try though but I'm a little bit reluctant because it's a big task for one or two person's alone. Alas, popular series like Gokusen shouldn't be a problem...That's just my two cents...
Another series that hasn't been mentioned, as far als I know is Kochira hon ikegami sho :)

Still don't know which series to vote for this week...

toutou

Post by toutou » Feb 12th, '07, 20:39

Le Bel Home

naive_nostalgia

Post by naive_nostalgia » Feb 12th, '07, 21:00

I voted for Hoshi no Kinka~ It just sounded more interesting to me. That and I'm going to school in Hokkaido and part of the story is set there . . . sooo . . . lol. As for the multiple seasons idea, I agree with hakuharu in that it does seem like a good idea except it would definitely kill the seeders' bandwith. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but I'm not exactly sure how it would actually work out.

twixs

Post by twixs » Feb 15th, '07, 07:40

Hoshi no Kinka onegaishimasu·
:D

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Feb 19th, '07, 14:10

twixs wrote:Hoshi no Kinka onegaishimasu·
:D
Wrong answer! :mrgreen:

Lian

Post by Lian » Feb 20th, '07, 03:45

Le Bel Homme

.... or anytihng with Rina Uchiyama :heart:

iLuvU4eTerniTy

Nominate Heavens coin 2

Post by iLuvU4eTerniTy » Feb 22nd, '07, 08:50

i nominate heaven's coin 2. any seconds? please put this as one of the nominees... i loved the first season. and waiting for seeding of the second

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 25th, '07, 20:39

Sorry for the looong delay folks. :pale:
A ton of stuff going on at work have completely limited my online access. :fear:

The winner of last week's SoTW was Le Bel Homme, but since there was such a long delay in the announcement, I'll let it run for 2 full weeks until March 5th.

As usual, please continue to help seeding the previous winner, Love and Eros, for as long as possible.
I'll put up a new poll by Monday.
Thanks.

BTW, in response to concerns about how to manage a series of the month, I'm sure we can organize it to reduce the seeding burden for the volunteer seeder. Methods include:
- creating a schedule to have the seeder concentrate on seeding eps progressively and then letting the downloaders assume the responsibility of maintaining seeds
- publicly recruiting more seeders for those series

basically, we've done it before, and i'm sure it can be done again... :thumleft:

okay, now back to this draft fmea... -_-;;;

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Mar 2nd, '07, 20:28

mizune wrote:BTW, in response to concerns about how to manage a series of the month, I'm sure we can organize it to reduce the seeding burden for the volunteer seeder. Methods include:
- creating a schedule to have the seeder concentrate on seeding eps progressively and then letting the downloaders assume the responsibility of maintaining seeds
- publicly recruiting more seeders for those series

basically, we've done it before, and i'm sure it can be done again... :thumleft:
:party: :sweat: As I said, I'd give it a try I just don't want to disappoint minna-san ^_^

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 3rd, '07, 18:38

hakuharu wrote: :party: :sweat: As I said, I'd give it a try I just don't want to disappoint minna-san ^_^
Maybe it's just me, but I think that anybody who is disappointed by any sort of voluntary seeding effort isn't anybody worth getting worked up over. (Life just gets so much simpler once you learn what to filter out... :p)
All efforts are GREATLY appreciated.
:)