7%

Total votes: 526

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Vote for July's kSOTM

Post by iceberri » May 30th, '04, 20:32

Hello everyone,

It’s that time of the month again! The first kSOTM turned out to be a big success thanks to all the people who remained as seeders until the very end. The voting for June turned out rather unexpected, with some of the series taken off the list during the middle of the month. Again, we apologize for any wasted votes… and hopefully nothing like that will occur this month. ^_^

The winner will be announced on eitherJune 27th or July 5th, depending on when we decide to end this month’s kSOTM. The date right now is undecided because this will depend largely on how the current series, Hotelier, is doing, and how long the next predicted kSOTM will be. In either case, we will announce it Sunday night, and seeding will begin Monday.

We need volunteer seeders for Let’s Go to School, Sangdoo! and Propose, since it looks like these two series will finish sometime this month. We’d also need one or two more seeders for series like All In, ROYOW, and Since I Met You if you want those series added to the list as well. If anybody’s willing to help out with seeding some of these series, just PM me, or post in the “Seeders Wanted for kSOTM” thread. Also, another thing I’d like to note: All of these series have been taken from d-addicts, aznv.net, or jem’s site. If you have a drama that you bought or obtained from another source, it most likely cannot be used to help with seeding.

In some of the series’ descriptions, I’ve included picture links instead of the pictures themselves. This was done for one of two reasons: 1) I was not allowed to hotlink 2) These pictures are much bigger and of better quality. I could have included the thumbnails but they were tiny! =P

This month’s candidates:

Attic Cat: [ I ]
« Puccakiss79, Scyth3r, kumukurukuk, chisin, miriko, sjinhan, hakurey, In-sung, o0Tsukushi0o, aznkoodies, leeunit, sjinhan, Ang3lHart »
ImageImageImageImageImage

Beautiful Days: [ I ]
« iceberri, puccakiss79, aznkoodies, leeunit, nanda, Scyth3r, tai8318, aNTok, timbits »
Some pictures: [ I ][ II ][ III ][ IV ][ V ][ VI ][ VII ]

Bright Girl’s Success Story: [ I ]
« iceberri, in-sung, aznkoodies, nanda, seirin, Scyth3r »
Some pictures: [ I ][ II ][ III ][ IV ][ V ]

My Love Patzzi: [ I ]
« iceberri, aznkoodies, nanda, lizziebetha (June only), seirin, leeunit, tai8318, Scyth3r »
Some pictures: [ I ][ II ][ III ][ IV ][ V ]

Romance: [ I ][ II ]
« bludawn, nanda, seirin »
ImageImageImageImageImage

Winter Sonata: [ I ]
« iceberri, Puccakiss79, Scyth3r, kboy107, miriko, hakurey, o0Tsukushi0o, aznkoodies, leeunit, nanda, ph3412, tai8318 »
Some pictures: [ I ][ II ][ III ][ IV ][ V ][ VI ][ VII ]

FAQ for kSOTM
What is the Korean Series of the Month?
kSOTM is a featured series that will have seeding for a month.

Why have a kSOTM?
1. People will know what series is available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping.
2. Seeders that have archived the winning series on DVD/CD's will know which series to pull off of DVD/CD, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD/CD loading.
3. Re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

How does kSOTM work?
The first two weeks of kSOTW will be dedicated to the first half of the series. The last two weeks of the month would be dedicated to the second half of a series. For each half, the second week of dedicated seeding would be similar to the current SOTW second week; a week for peers to play catch up.

Will torrents from other sites be uploaded or linked to d-addicts?
Only aznV.net torrents will be included w/ other d-addict's completed kdramas. For aznV.net's torrents, f you click on the DL link on the torrent list, it will take you to aznV.net's site where you can d/l the torrents. If Winter Sonata is a winner, we will do the same for the first 6 torrents of that series.

How does a series get selected as a candidate for the poll?
There will be six candidates per poll, each needs to be completed and have enough volunteering seeds. You may nominate candidates for next month's poll in this thread. We have permission to include kdramas from aznV.net's and d-addict's trackers in our poll.
Last edited by iceberri on Jun 4th, '04, 03:33, edited 3 times in total.

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » May 30th, '04, 21:32

romance or beautiful days... lol hope beautiful days wins since this is it's 3rd time in
Last edited by bludawn on May 31st, '04, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

republix

Post by republix » May 30th, '04, 21:47

beautiful days deserves to win since they lost the first poll by only 1-2 votes and were taken out in the second poll while they had the lead 8)

kiwi_b

Post by kiwi_b » May 30th, '04, 22:04

go Beautiful Days!!! :lol

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » May 31st, '04, 00:34

Go Romance!!!

Did not like Beautiful Days one single bit.

o0Tsukushi0o

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » May 31st, '04, 00:41

Voted for Beautiful Days again. :D

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 31st, '04, 02:02

I'm rooting for Romance. :D
GOOOOO KJW AND KHN!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » May 31st, '04, 06:10

can someone tell me some more about romance? i've read the summaries at both websites, but it didn't tell me what kind of story it is. (i'm referring to the kind of information similar to that found in the first SOTM poll where lots of helpful ppl wrote about the dramas that they've watched.) i checked, but i couldn't find where anyone wrote something about romance. if you don't know what i mean, i'm looking for something along the lines of genre (i.e. romantic comedy, romantic drama...) and what was good/bad about it. anything along those lines. thanks! :lol

it's so hard to choose! :) i just watched a few episodes of my love patzzi, and i love both KRW and KJW, so now i think i would also like to watch attic cat AND romance. oh, and bright girl has jang nara! so what to do? i guess i'll wait until near the end and see which of these four dramas i can help win... :D

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 31st, '04, 06:34

habukie wrote:can someone tell me some more about romance? i've read the summaries at both websites, but it didn't tell me what kind of story it is. (i'm referring to the kind of information similar to that found in the first SOTM poll where lots of helpful ppl wrote about the dramas that they've watched.) i checked, but i couldn't find where anyone wrote something about romance. if you don't know what i mean, i'm looking for something along the lines of genre (i.e. romantic comedy, romantic drama...) and what was good/bad about it. anything along those lines. thanks! :lol
review?

written by V. "X" Naldi

After watching Romance, the success of teacher-student comedy My Tutor Friend (over 4.8 million admissions) seems easier to accept. Perhaps it was Kim Ha-neul's performance in this series prompting the producers to cast her in the film (an adaptation of an online story, retelling the struggles of a poor tutor having to deal with a spoiled rich brat who forces every teacher they throw at him to quit). She plays the young teacher who's still too inexperienced for her profession very well. And, with a few exceptions, her performance considerably improves the series.

Kim Chae-won (Kim Ha-neul) is a bright young teacher in her mid 20s, but she still has a hard time adapting to her profession. She accidentally meets young singer and high school senior Choi Kwan-woo (Kim Jae-won), and they instantly form a bond. Of course, they're lying about each other's age: Kwan-woo says he's a college senior, and Chae-won doesn't reveal she's actually a teacher, and considerably older than him. When Kwan-woo is forced to move to Seoul because of a family problem, their lies start to produce consequences. Kwan-woo has to enroll in Chae-won's school, and she'll be one of his teachers!

The setup is familiar, and even if a little controversial, it's well played out. The series thankfully doesn't rely excessively on the typical themes of 'impossible romances.' Parents are kept at a distance until the main characters are developed enough to let us care about them, and it's not until their relationship becomes serious that the usual obstacles are put on their way. The first part of Romance is very good TV: the chemistry between Kim Jae-won and Kim Ha-neul is excellent; the supporting characters, while certainly stereotypical, are fun to watch. Also, with the exception of Kim Hae-sook's predictable typecasting as the troubled ajumma, the parents are actually a little more colorful than expected. Chae-won's mother runs a jeans company, and is a bit of a nut, shouting 'Oh My God' at random and sporting wild haircuts. Her father is obsessed with the formalities of the father-daughter relationship, such as insistence on deferential tone. He will later play a big part in Kwan-woo and Chae-won's future as a couple, and is a well developed character.

What helps the series in its first part is the fact there's very little urgency. The writers feel no need to reveal a major plot development every week, which usually forces viewers to keep tuning in to understand. The drama is introduced slowly, and doesn't completely upstage the comedy, which makes for better viewing. Characterization, at least by TV drama standards, is quite good, although a few missteps along the line don't allow this drama to reach the depths of shows like Ruler of Your Own World. For example, the 'bad girl/guy' character isn't played out like a constant obstacle to the main characters' romance. The writers try to make a case for those characters as well, and most of the time --at least for the first half-- they succeed.

Then, things suddenly change when the series moves 3 years ahead. It's clear they couldn't go anywhere with Chae-won and Kwan-woo anymore, without becoming repetitive. While the focus on secondary characters is understandable given the main couples' forced division, their complete takeover of the show ruins the pace and atmosphere. Kwan-woo's sister (Kim Yoo-mi), and Chae-won's former love affair and soon-to-be husband (Jung Sung-hwan) become centerpiece, and the parents' importance grows exponentially. The relationship between the main characters is updated slowly, every week building to the big finale. In theory, it's good writing, but when acting isn't there, the series is likely to become dull.

Kim Yoo-mi is pretty good, given her character's development and the way her problems come into play. But Jung Sung-hwan is terrible. He's not able to go beyond the same facial expression, no matter how important his reaction is to make the scene compelling. As a result, even if his character is not played out as a caricature, he doesn't allow it to come alive, and hurts the series' middle portion. Also, the constant use of fatalist, ultra-emotive mothers who faint at every sign of difficulty feels out of place for a breezy, lighthearted series like Romance. Kim Hae-sook is a good actress, and has become reliable in portraying this type of character, but she disappoints here.

I admit I liked the rather predictable and quasi cop-out finale, but in light of the final 2-3 episodes leading to it, I can't really say they built it as well as they could. The urgency level was upped by 300% in the series' third act, only to make it more conventional. Romance is a good series, marred by little inconsistencies and a mediocre supporting cast. If you need any reason to watch this show, it's the chemistry between newcomer Kim Jae-won (who's great as Kwan-woo) and Kim Ha-neul. Every time they're together the series improves a few notches, and even if Kim Jae-won understandably shows inexperience -- and Kim Ha-neul still overacts on occasions -- at the end they make this show worth watching.

habukie wrote: it's so hard to choose! :) i just watched a few episodes of my love patzzi, and i love both KRW and KJW, so now i think i would also like to watch attic cat AND romance. oh, and bright girl has jang nara! so what to do? i guess i'll wait until near the end and see which of these four dramas i can help win... :D
the first step to recovery is admitting you're an addict :alcoholic:

:D just kidding

i haven't seen Romance and of the others...i liked Beautiful Days and Bright Girll the best
Last edited by puccakiss79 on May 31st, '04, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

bobdoedoe

Post by bobdoedoe » May 31st, '04, 09:02

romance should win since its a relatively new entry to daddicts i think.

z_dane

Post by z_dane » May 31st, '04, 09:10

Go romance and attic cat:wub: :wub:
:mrgreen:

LITTLEteaPOToo17

KSOTM for July

Post by LITTLEteaPOToo17 » May 31st, '04, 09:36

i had just voted...hope that my early voting strategy will have an influcence on the outcome for next month series....hehehe....best of luck to all...and let the best series win......LITTLEteaPOToo17

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 31st, '04, 12:14

As usual I'll save my vote to last.
In my opinion (I've seen them all) attic cat and Romance is the greatest drama out of the candidates. Fun and have interesting story plot. :P

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » May 31st, '04, 15:17

thanks pucca! that review definitely let me know a lot more about romance. :D
puccakiss79 wrote:the first step to recovery is admitting you're an addict :alcoholic:

:D just kidding
haha. :lol that smiley is so funny. and i guess it means that the name of the website really reflects what people are like, right?
puccakiss79 wrote: i haven't seen Romance and of the others...i liked Bright Girl the best
actually, i'm a newbie to kdrama, so i haven't watched any of the candidates. that's why the field is so open to me. i know that some of other members have seen a lot of these, so for them there isn't too much choice in the way that they can vote. but i'll vote for and watch almost anything! :) so i guess i'll be like shirahime and save my vote till the end! :wink:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » May 31st, '04, 23:23

Its a tough field, they're all fairly decent dramas. I agree with the review of Romance, the first half was excellent and the chemistry between the two mains was well done. The 2nd half fizzled out but heck I stuck with it because of Kim Ha-Neul :P Also is it me or did they went out of their way to mess with Kim's hair? She had such beautiful long straight hair in Ditto :-( ah well her funny acting in Romance is still good even with the wierd hairdo :lol

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » Jun 1st, '04, 01:03

I'm rooting for romance :D
I only got the chance to watch the end..never really saw how their relationship developed.

in-sung

Post by in-sung » Jun 1st, '04, 01:42

Romance!!! Kim Ha-Neul!!! :w00t:
...아이구~~~~~~~ :unsure:

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jun 1st, '04, 02:05

Go Romance !!!!! I've been waiting for it so long.

sineater

Post by sineater » Jun 1st, '04, 20:56

bright girl,because not your tipical korean drama. i love to see woman with strenght of charcter instead of always crying basicily through out the series.to me thats just lame.the char has to grow from begining to end. u are judge by what u do and how u do it. the lead female char is diffrent from other seires i seen. she is strong and wiity sometimes yet vurnalbe. all in all a good story with a diffrent flavor yet some recognized plot to a k-drama series.
the art of gung fu is to trick your opponet.its not how fast u can attack but how much damage the opponets recives.

boba

Post by boba » Jun 2nd, '04, 01:16

ATTIC CAT, my love pattzi too....attic cat was a lil slow but i like dthe ending.....i didnt like my love patzzi ending tho ahahha but i still think its a cute movie...oh yes and winter sonata was a hela dope drama

whitesword

Post by whitesword » Jun 2nd, '04, 05:00

I want Romance!!!
"You never know what happens next in life."

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Jun 2nd, '04, 05:55

whitesword wrote:I want Romance!!!
Ha! Don't we all. :D
How do you like THEM apples??? :)

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » Jun 3rd, '04, 08:12

WOw it's tied...how exciting! Go Romance!

lizziebetha

Post by lizziebetha » Jun 3rd, '04, 16:43

romance! i hate melodramatic dramas sometimes cause it gets so depressing. Beside, i like kim ha nuel! wanna see more of her.
Credits to Hannah* for set.

DON'T BUY FROM HER!
2023 Wetmore Ave.
Everett, WA. 98201

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Re: Vote for July's kSOTM

Post by habukie » Jun 4th, '04, 03:13

iceberri wrote: The winner will be announced on either May 27th or June 5th, depending on when we decide to end this month’s kSOTM. The date right now is undecided because this will depend largely on how the current series, Hotelier, is doing, and how long the next predicted kSOTM will be. In either case, we will announce it Sunday night, and seeding will begin Monday.
do you mean "June 27th or July 5th" instead of "May 27th or June 5th"? :) i only noticed because i've been hoarding my vote and wanted to know when the last day is to vote. :roll
lizziebetha wrote:romance! i hate melodramatic dramas sometimes cause it gets so depressing. Beside, i like kim ha nuel! wanna see more of her.
i'm with you all the way! :D

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 4th, '04, 03:32

habukie wrote:do you mean "June 27th or July 5th" instead of "May 27th or June 5th"? :) i only noticed because i've been hoarding my vote and wanted to know when the last day is to vote. :roll
Thanks for pointing out that mistake Habukie... I would suggest however, that you get your votes in before June 27th. By the looks of our leading candidates, it looks like July's kSOTM will need the extra week! :lol
Last edited by iceberri on Jun 5th, '04, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

Pegasus

Post subject: Re: Vote for July's kSOTM

Post by Pegasus » Jun 4th, '04, 21:27

I vote for Beautiful Days! It's a great drama without all the evil girls! :P :mrgreen:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 5th, '04, 01:31

thanks for the advice iceberri! i do intend to vote way before June 27th because i'll probably be too busy to remember to vote then. :) and seeing as there are two clear front runners, and i already have my favorite of those two, i'm pretty sure i know who i'll be voting for. :D i guess there's just a part of me that thinks that maybe some other drama can get 40 votes at the last minute or something...so i'll probably wait just a few more days...
Last edited by habukie on Jun 5th, '04, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 5th, '04, 02:01

Habukie! you're not supposed to quote me so I can erase the evidence!!! >____<

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 5th, '04, 02:45

haha. :D done! *looks around* what quote? :wink:

ken_ohki

Post by ken_ohki » Jun 5th, '04, 03:06

i hope beautiful days win so that i could see my love choi ji-woo :wub: in another drama.

vtec540

Post by vtec540 » Jun 5th, '04, 07:52

Beautiful Days is losing . . . again. I thought the 3rd time's the charm. Will it ever win?

ArgSom

GOOOOOO ROMANCE

Post by ArgSom » Jun 5th, '04, 10:42

Just read review for Romance ... It´s got real potential .... but its currently 1vote under :pale: .... :crazy: ... Hope to see Romance on next months Korean series of the month ... It got my vote not that that seems to make a diffrence :cry:

aradalf

Post by aradalf » Jun 6th, '04, 08:15

I vote for ROMANCE :P

ArgSom

Romance under

Post by ArgSom » Jun 6th, '04, 09:54

Didn't seem to help :cry: ... under with 2 votes now ... I'm starting a sect dedicated to the dark arts performing occult rituals thus enabling Romance to win 8)

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Romance under

Post by iceberri » Jun 6th, '04, 13:27

ArgSom wrote:Didn't seem to help :cry: ... under with 2 votes now ... I'm starting a sect dedicated to the dark arts performing occult rituals thus enabling Romance to win 8)
You worry too much, lol. If you checked sometime yesterday, Romance was down by 5 votes. There's at least 3 weeks left to the poll...

Even though I voted for Romance initially, I'm starting to think BD deserves to win this month. It's been delayed 2 times already, one by a narrow margin, and the other because it was disqualified. I wouldn't mind if Romance lost this month... but I think those BD fans will go crazy if BD doesn't win this time 'round! :lol

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jun 6th, '04, 13:44

Can I ask a silly question?

Of the series listed for this vote, which one has the best video quality? i.e., which one of these series was encoded in .avi (divx/xvid) with each ep about 650-700mb?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 6th, '04, 13:53

BT-Slut wrote:Can I ask a silly question?

Of the series listed for this vote, which one has the best video quality? i.e., which one of these series was encoded in .avi (divx/xvid) with each ep about 650-700mb?
Asked in true bt-style. :thumright: Of all the series in the current poll, only Winter Sonata is 650 mb. The ones from Jem are generally 325 mb - 350 mb, and the attic cat episodes are 350 mb each.

All In, Sangdoo (which will be finishing this month) and Ruler of Your Own World (I think??) are also HQ.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jun 6th, '04, 14:09

iceberri wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:Can I ask a silly question?

Asked in true bt-style. :thumright: Of all the series in the current poll, only Winter Sonata is 650 mb. The ones from Jem are generally 325 mb - 350 mb, and the attic cat episodes are 350 mb each.

All In, Sangdoo (which will be finishing this month) and Ruler of Your Own World (I think??) are also HQ.
Of course. If I don't ask in true BT-style, then what kind of style should I ask in? :)

Yeah, Sangdoo is being released in very high quality. I am downloading it all, so I'll actually be able to help seed if it ever gets to that. LIkewise with Love Letter, it's also in 700mb/episode. So I wasn't sure if all Korean dramas out there were in HQ format.

Anyway, I don't think I care for Winter Sonata, so I am going to cast my vote for Attic Cat.

Thanks for answering my silly question Ice. :P

Xnite

Post by Xnite » Jun 6th, '04, 15:15

Go! Beautiful Days Go!

kboy107

Post by kboy107 » Jun 6th, '04, 15:35

Hmm....looks like it's down to two....romance or beautiful days

...but that's what I thought last time...then a third popped up....and then some got disqualitfied...

....on the off chance that Jem's dramas are disqualified....attic cat and winter sonata will be left to compete....I think I'll hold off on my vote for now....watching and waiting... :unsure:
People are like stained glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, true beauty is revealed only if there is light within. - Elizabeth Kubler Rose

ArgSom

Post by ArgSom » Jun 6th, '04, 16:09

iceberri wrote:...Even though I voted for Romance initially, I'm starting to think BD deserves to win this month. It's been delayed 2 times already, one by a narrow margin, and the other because it was disqualified. I wouldn't mind if Romance lost this month... but I think those BD fans will go crazy if BD doesn't win this time 'round! :lol
Perhaps I am somewhat subjective. In truth I read Beautiful Days reviews and Korean series are usually somewhat sad, but without revealling any spoilers I just dont´t think I could handle a tragic lovestory like BD :unsure:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jun 6th, '04, 22:09

ArgSom wrote:
iceberri wrote:...Even though I voted for Romance initially, I'm starting to think BD deserves to win this month. It's been delayed 2 times already, one by a narrow margin, and the other because it was disqualified. I wouldn't mind if Romance lost this month... but I think those BD fans will go crazy if BD doesn't win this time 'round! :lol
Perhaps I am somewhat subjective. In truth I read Beautiful Days reviews and Korean series are usually somewhat sad, but without revealling any spoilers I just dont´t think I could handle a tragic lovestory like BD :unsure:
Its not that tragic...it ends well enough.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Jun 6th, '04, 22:42

Stairway to Heaven is tragic, BD is just sad :D

AsianblueX

Post by AsianblueX » Jun 7th, '04, 02:26

what if its a tie lol i guess you guys have to post BOTH SERIES wouldn't that be great win win situation for people who want both =)

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jun 7th, '04, 02:42

AsianblueX wrote:what if its a tie lol i guess you guys have to post BOTH SERIES wouldn't that be great win win situation for people who want both =)
That's if there is a tie :) If there is a tie then we'll decide what to do then. Since there could be a lot of "what if's" i'd prefer to just wait before making any arrangements seeding the next KSOTM.

seiji

Post by seiji » Jun 7th, '04, 08:50

Beuriful days is a bad drama. Dont like it. the worsest Ive ever seen. its just boring

Voted for Romance

ps. its just my oppinion :lol :P
(...)all you really must know is... my love for you is real.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jun 7th, '04, 09:01

seiji wrote:Beuriful days is a bad drama. Dont like it. the worsest Ive ever seen. its just boring

Voted for Romance

opinions are welcome :) i know someone else that felt it was boring as well and couldn't wait to finish the series so he could put it behind him.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jun 7th, '04, 09:03

puccakiss79 wrote:
seiji wrote:Beuriful days is a bad drama. Dont like it. the worsest Ive ever seen. its just boring

Voted for Romance

opinions are welcome :) i know someone else that felt it was boring as well and couldn't wait to finish the series so he could put it behind him.
Can we say scyther maybe? :lol

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 7th, '04, 20:53

Whatever. I liked it.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 7th, '04, 21:00

(un?) fortunately, I've already seen all of these, so no download for me this month!! I can help seed Attic Cat, Beautiful Days, or Romance if any of those end up winning. Of the ones listed, I'd say that Attic Cat is my favorite, with Winter Sonata getting a sympathy vote since it's the first one I actually bought and watched. Beautiful Days must have some kind of jinx or something. It's been right there for SOTW and KSOTM so many times, but something else always seems to sneak in at the last minute... Probably has more total votes combined than any other drama in the running. Go figure.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jun 8th, '04, 01:41

woohoo! I'm currently leeching and watching Beautiful Days. And what else should I say... I'm totally hooked.. as always. :lol I have watched all the other series already and I liked Romance, Attic Cat, and Winter Sonata most so far. And each series has different beautiful actresses. Oh, I'm such a sucker! :D
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

aithuy1

Post by aithuy1 » Jun 8th, '04, 03:00

:D I am so excited to see Romance is winning... I've seen Beautiful Day and didn't really like it because it's so sad. Looking forward to download Romance. Thanks for all that helps seeding!
atn

ken_ohki

Post by ken_ohki » Jun 8th, '04, 04:58

please vote for beautiful days! i want to see choi ji-woo :wub: !

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » Jun 8th, '04, 05:05

aithuy1 wrote::D I am so excited to see Romance is winning... I've seen Beautiful Day and didn't really like it because it's so sad. Looking forward to download Romance. Thanks for all that helps seeding!
I agree...Beautiful Days was a sappy, sad story. It dragged near the end and the ending seemed kinda unrealistic, like as though the director just wanted to satisfy the audience with the happiest ending because of the sad story. I don't know...it's not like I want a super tragic ending or something, anyways not one of my favorite drama...GO ROMANCE!

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 8th, '04, 05:10

fobster #1 wrote:I agree...Beautiful Days was a sappy, sad story. It dragged near the end and the ending seemed kinda unrealistic, like as though the director just wanted to satisfy the audience with the happiest ending because of the sad story. I don't know...not one of my favorite drama...GO ROMANCE!
No spoilers please you guys... and if so, give proper warning & put it in white. Not everybody has seen Beautiful Days, so by giving away the ending even vaguely, can change a person's perspective when watching the drama. ^_____^

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jun 9th, '04, 01:04

hmmz attic cat or romane KJR or KWR hahah hmmz well love patzi has both but saw it already hmmz well dunt like yunger guy and older woman so attic cat haha! yay! go!

ken_ohki

Post by ken_ohki » Jun 9th, '04, 07:07

i don't care if beautiful days is a boring drama. it'll be great if it wins. :P
and if it loses, can somebody please upload it?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 9th, '04, 07:26

ken_ohki wrote:i don't care if beautiful days is a boring drama. it'll be great if it wins. :P
and if it loses, can somebody please upload it?
i don't think anyone's going to upload it b/c it's one of jem's releases. you can always start downloading it right now since some of the episodes are being seeded. you can go here for the torrents.

http://drama.afraid.org/jem/torrents/

krntmac

Post by krntmac » Jun 9th, '04, 08:17

saw all of them but i wanna see beautiful days again

lydiaeunkim

nomination

Post by lydiaeunkim » Jun 9th, '04, 10:32

HI. I'd like to nominate beautiful days.

lizziebetha

Post by lizziebetha » Jun 9th, '04, 17:25

wow. BD and romance are neck and neck. Go ROMANCE! go go go! I don't want BD to win. even if it's been up there 3 times already. :crazy:
Credits to Hannah* for set.

DON'T BUY FROM HER!
2023 Wetmore Ave.
Everett, WA. 98201

waterlily12486

Post by waterlily12486 » Jun 9th, '04, 19:55

Romance all the way, I have been waiting for this serie in a reallllllllllly long time

Tekkanano

Post by Tekkanano » Jun 10th, '04, 16:44

Gooooooo Romance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atpham89

Post by atpham89 » Jun 10th, '04, 23:17

beautiful days!!!!!!

Doc

Post by Doc » Jun 12th, '04, 03:15

Hehe pretty close to tie but im rooting for Romange 8)

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Jun 12th, '04, 14:01

yeh i want to watch beautiful days too, mah friend said it was good

Doc

Post by Doc » Jun 12th, '04, 19:30

Is it possible to have 2 series of the month? :)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 12th, '04, 19:35

Doc wrote:Is it possible to have 2 series of the month? :)
already asked and answered earlier in the thread. :)
puccakiss79 wrote:
AsianblueX wrote:what if its a tie lol i guess you guys have to post BOTH SERIES wouldn't that be great win win situation for people who want both =)
That's if there is a tie :) If there is a tie then we'll decide what to do then. Since there could be a lot of "what if's" i'd prefer to just wait before making any arrangements seeding the next KSOTM.

staticeko

Post by staticeko » Jun 13th, '04, 16:41

go romance!! :D

Yoda

KSTOM

Post by Yoda » Jun 14th, '04, 23:57

I vote for Beautiful days. Choi Ji-Woo fan-always.

yapjj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yapjj » Jun 15th, '04, 01:54

I wonder if anybody's aware that jem's version of Beautiful Days is not complete. It was recorded off a free-to-air channel in Singapore when it was broadcast the second time. But maybe because of its popularity, the broadcaster decided to freely cut out scenes from the drama to make way for more commercials. So each episode has got a few minutes cut. As a result, if that was the only version you've watched, you are actually missing out on a number of scenes, some rather crucial, in my opinion.

But having said that, it was during this telecast that I got hooked on the series. Only when I couldn't wait any longer and bought the VCD, did I realise how much was cut. So, if people's bad opinion of the series was a result of watching this version, then I say, go and get a copy of the original and watch it again. :D

Well, even in its battered version, I still vote for BD. To me, this was the one definitive series that got me hooked on Korean drama, and had me searching the net like mad for more info on the series and LBH. You could say it was the series that led me here .... ha ha ha ..... so really hope BD wins this time round.

the refugee

Post by the refugee » Jun 15th, '04, 02:47

romance plzzzzzz

sel

one question...

Post by sel » Jun 15th, '04, 23:26

are all of this serie are fan sub or some are jem...because i one d/l a jem episode but the sub is not that good..sometime it have sub some time it don't...so just wondering

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: one question...

Post by puccakiss79 » Jun 15th, '04, 23:46

sel wrote:are all of this serie are fan sub or some are jem...because i one d/l a jem episode but the sub is not that good..sometime it have sub some time it don't...so just wondering
this might be a misleading post and may give an impression that jem is fansubbing these series we have as candidates, so let me make this clear. Jem's rips are from TV, he didn't sub the series that are listed above.

As for where the sources of the above candidates, you can find that answer in this thread

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3167

the series that were/are released on d-addicts are most likely dvd/vcd rips.