Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese SoTW (5/27/2007) - Meguri Ai

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at May 28th, '07, 05:26

Amai Seikatsu - higuma
5%
Meguri Ai - lilswtangel
51%
Homework - oldguy59
14%
Nanisama - lilswtangel, Athaclena42, japysia, laure_choc
29%

Total votes: 146

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW (5/27/2007) - Meguri Ai

Post by mizune » May 14th, '07, 05:23

Hopefully, we can get back into the regular swing of things again... :whistling:
Moto Kare is being fairly well seeded, so it's been retired to the stables for now.

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTM ([b100 Tales of Horror[/b]). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Amai Seikatsu - torrents
Homework - torrents
Meguri Ai - torrent
Nanisama - torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan, Maria/Mariya, Style!, SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe), Love & Eros, Le Bel Homme, Remote, Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai, Musashi, 100 Tales of Horror

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on May 28th, '07, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » May 14th, '07, 08:05

Homework or Meguri Ai .... ? Both with Fukuyama Masaharu .... :unsure: :unsure:
Well ... I vote for Meguri Ai !!! He's the leading actor and sang the themesong too ... :wub:

arabian

Post by arabian » May 14th, '07, 08:17

Meguri Ai story seem so interesting..

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » May 14th, '07, 15:21

Dang, this is a hard poll. I'm interested in Homework, Meguri Ai, and Nanisama. Can I nominate any of those three that don't win this week for the next poll? :mrgreen: Thanks.

pohgeok

Post by pohgeok » May 14th, '07, 15:30

i'm going for meguri ai...

pandaboy

Post by pandaboy » May 14th, '07, 16:20

I would like to nominate First Love, starring Kyoko Fukada for next week's poll.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

Trying to collect all Kyoko's drama... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lady Bell

Post by Lady Bell » May 14th, '07, 18:36

Hoping for Meguri Ai this time. I need more dramas with Tokiwa Takako in them. ^^

sveta

Post by sveta » May 15th, '07, 01:44

i'll vote for homework, simply because its a drama from 1992 and i like old dramas :D

Demz

Post by Demz » May 16th, '07, 10:55

Meguri Ai for Tokiwa Takako.

Yunaleska

Post by Yunaleska » May 19th, '07, 14:09

Meguri Ai :-)

witica

Post by witica » May 21st, '07, 02:45

hm, homework... for some reason it sounds familiar and yet it doesn't... hm...

leimomi

Post by leimomi » May 23rd, '07, 20:14

:-) Nanisama sounds interesting...

groink

Post by groink » May 25th, '07, 18:59

I've already seen all four of these... Homework is actually a great drama, with Shimizu Misa who I had a massive crush on in the late 80s. But starting midway, it slowed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down. Nanisama and Amai Seikatsu are also good shows. But my recommendation would be Meguri Ai, not only because it is a great series but I also get to see Oji Megumi as an adult (vs watching her in a sailor uniform in Hitotsu Yane no Shita.) And Fukuyama Masaharu also happens to be my all-time favorite male lead, as I consider him a great male role model all young Japanese males should follow (vs becoming a bed-haired Johnny boy.)

As Masaharu would say, "Kooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume!!!!!"

--- groink

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 26th, '07, 02:39

I've been trying to get Homework and Amai Seikatsu to win for the loooongest time.... :roll
Hmm... looking back on the history of SoTW polls gives me an idea... :scratchchin:

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » May 26th, '07, 12:32

What is so good about Homework and Amai Seikatsu, mizune?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 27th, '07, 02:43

Don't really know since I've never seen either... :fear:
But...
1. They are both older and fairly well received series.
2. They have volunteer seeders, but rarely any actual seeds.

Honestly, I'm mostly concerned about keeping as many series available for as long as possible. The longer older torrents are not put back into circulation, the greater the risk that they will be lost forever. That's what I'm really afraid of. There are already about a half dozen or so series that have been uploaded before, but I haven't had either seeds or volunteers for months to years, that I fear are lost completely.

sveta

Post by sveta » May 27th, '07, 07:06

I'm hoping Homework will win, i'm hoping to download it actually...it would be cool if on some months there can be dramas from specific time they were made; like from 1990-2000, instead of from 2000-2007. I'm not implying anything by the way. 1990 and up is my childhood, and I love watching dramas from that time period. TIme before the 'net, cell phones, and the rest :D Sorry if its a bad post or something. I'm stating my opinion simply.

utasan

Post by utasan » May 27th, '07, 21:00

seems like meguri ai.....is there a chance that anyone be able to seed it?

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » May 27th, '07, 21:27

Meguri Ai! I'm in a Fukuyama Masaharu phase right now. xD Homework's plot isn't as interesting as Meguri Ai.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 28th, '07, 03:30

Meguri Ai wins the poll this week!

As always, please seed the previous SoTW, 100 Tales of Horror, for as long as possible!
New poll up in a tick... or two...

ap

Post by ap » May 28th, '07, 03:45

looks like there are no seeders and i have some spare bw. i'll start seedimg in a bit

ap

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 28th, '07, 04:17

Thanks ap! :)