Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Series of the Week 07/05/04: Friends/Story of One Century

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the next series of the week? - denotes seeders

Poll ended at Jul 6th, '04, 15:57

Younger Men - neefo, Nixze, dmorgan
31%
My pick, muhahahaha - thetenken
69%

Total votes: 90

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Series of the Week 07/05/04: Friends/Story of One Century

Post by thetenken » Jun 22nd, '04, 15:57

*employs Chairman Kaga voice*

If memory served me right, the series of the week has always been more of a two week event, with seeders and leechers working throughout the two weeks to spread the drama to all known corners of mankind. This week, I have something a little different in mind...

Since our esteemed voters have voted me as to decide what the special series will be this week, I thought to myself, "Haven't we had enough KimuTaku? Shouldn't we have some better acted dramas with more serious themes?" Although that thought was ever dominant on my mind, I realized that there would be a fangirl revolution if we went without some KimuTaku or renai dramas...

With these thoughts, I conjured up this solution...

This week's Series of the Week is this!

Friends
http://jdorama.com/drama_599.htm

AND...!!!

Story of One Century
http://jdorama.com/drama_506.htm

With a KimuTaku lookalike for the fangirls and Fukakyon for the fanboys, we're set in regards to the renai quotient. With Matsushima Nanako and Watabe Atsuro, we're good on the good acting and dramatic fronts. A twofold solution, making this truly a Series of the Week (2 series over 2 weeks divided by 2 = 1 Series per Week?!?).!

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO MY EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially Japanese series only.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Last time's runner-ups:

Younger Men - http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic_3702.htm and http://www.kikutv.com/shows/younger_men/index.html

Others:

Previous Series of the Week:

Oyaji
Otousan
Attic Cat
Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.)
Cheap Love
Big Wing
Hotman
Sutaa no Koi
From the Heart
Love Generation
A Sleeping Forest

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then you're SOL.
Last edited by thetenken on Jul 19th, '04, 23:06, edited 4 times in total.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 22nd, '04, 15:59

I'll seed L'Oiseau Bleu if there's another volunteer. The HQ files are just a little hard for me to manage by myself. :P

---Edit: oops, looks like I never finished downloading episode 11, so I'd be able to seed 1-10... Someone else would have to take over for 11 though.

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jun 22nd, '04, 16:06

whys there attic cat on there this time? few weeks back I nominated some kdramas for SOTW and was told off badly :cry: :roll

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jun 22nd, '04, 16:16

MemeX wrote:whys there attic cat on there this time? few weeks back I nominated some kdramas for SOTW and was told off badly :cry: :roll
Please read the entire post. Attic Cat was a FORMER SotW. It is not being voted on as the new SotW.

Sheesh, iceberri must have a lot of free time. First post!

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 22nd, '04, 17:40

thetenken wrote:Sheesh, iceberri must have a lot of free time. First post!
Sheesh, tenken must have a lot of free time to go about randomly insulting people!

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jun 22nd, '04, 19:07

iceberri wrote:
thetenken wrote:Sheesh, iceberri must have a lot of free time. First post!
Sheesh, tenken must have a lot of free time to go about randomly insulting people!
Haha, indeed I am bored out of my mind here at work. I think Younger Men will just be on the list indefinitely. =/

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 22nd, '04, 19:14

thetenken wrote:Haha, indeed I am bored out of my mind here at work. I think Younger Men will just be on the list indefinitely. =/
aww, sorry to hear that, but perhaps this site will lift your spirits?
http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvo ... nyway.com/
:)
Anyways, I voted for Younger Men. ^___^ I felt bad last time LG kicked its butt. Whoops, did I say that...

osora

Post by osora » Jun 22nd, '04, 21:58

i vote for younger men cuz i dunno what thetenken's pick is. and that may be cuz i didn't read. :roll :P

MemeX

L'oiseau Blue + Perfect Bride

Post by MemeX » Jun 22nd, '04, 22:46

I'd like to nominate L'oiseau Blue and Perfect Bride :thumright:

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Jun 22nd, '04, 23:21

I would also seed aoi tori if it were to win, but I think it is too soon for it to be sotw. It just completed. I think there should be at least a month or two between completion and sotw reseeding unless a lot of people are missing a significant number of eps. All the torrents are still here, half of them are being seeded, and there are very few peers in the "swarms". OTOH, we seem to be running out of sotw contenders. I think we are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel here :).

Maybe we should just give up hope with YM. I think it would even lose against a "no series of the week this week" option. No doubt ice world will be nominated again. I wonder if it will get any seeders though. I may have to download the first ep of that one to check it out but I don't generally care for the mystery jdramas. I prefer the typical love story ones. Hardly anyone voted last week. I wonder if we will get an even lower voter turnout this week. Maybe we should have a third option "whichever: I really don't care".

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 22nd, '04, 23:38

tailchaser wrote:I would also seed aoi tori if it were to win, but I think it is too soon for it to be sotw. It just completed. I think there should be at least a month or two between completion and sotw reseeding unless a lot of people are missing a significant number of eps.
I think for series like From the Heart and Star no Koi, there wasn't a significant time period between its completion date and the time it was elected. Actually, in those cases, it's probably likely to garner votes for people who missed out on particular episodes, and since it only recently finished, there's bound to be more interest than in something that hasn't been dug up in a long time. Whether that is true or not will reflect itself in the votes, eh? If L'Oiseau Bleu does not win this time, it might in the next, or even the following one. What's important here is that we do have options -- let the public decide the rest.

I hardly think we're "scraping the bottom of the barrel" at this point. There are many jdrama series that haven't yet been sotw.. we're just lacking the volunteers necessary to add them to the poll! If you just look at the list of completed dramas, the jdrama list is considerable, while the kdrama list is rather meagre. Even so, I don't think either of these two weekly/monthly things will end anytime soon. Now where are those seeders........ :roll

And, if they don't care, then they always have the option of not voting. =P Keep in mind that this is used to circulate dramas back into view -- nobody is forcing them to download anything! lol

Bedi

Post by Bedi » Jun 23rd, '04, 18:15

Even though you added younger man a couple of times it couldn't stand against the other drama series at all. It seems like almost no one wants it. Maybe it will be better to forget about it. Just my opinion and a suggestion.
I mean atm thetenken's pick has more votes than younger man ... if the result will be the same it must mean ppl would rather dl nothing than younger man...

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Jun 23rd, '04, 19:04

Is it possible to nominate this drama?

Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake (God please give me more time)

I heard so much about it.

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jun 23rd, '04, 19:23

Kanin wrote:Is it possible to nominate this drama?

you can only pick completed projects off this list here http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500

someone was releasing kamisama a few months ago, but i think he stopped doing it for now..he subbed it himself I think up to ep 3 or so.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 23rd, '04, 19:24

Kanin wrote:Is it possible to nominate this drama?

oy guys, please read!
thetenken wrote:PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
MemeX wrote:someone was releasing kamisama a few months ago, but i think he stopped doing it for now..he subbed it himself I think up to ep 3 or so.
Amrayu is in the process of re-encoding the first 7 episodes, all of which she has already translated and released.

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Jun 23rd, '04, 19:34

lol I'm sorry my bad!

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jun 23rd, '04, 19:58

Amrayu is in the process of re-encoding the first 7 episodes, all of which she has already translated and released.
ah sou...I have the first few episodes in their older version I think, actually she released a few re-encodes a couple of weeks ago..so, did she release all of them..and now she released re-encodes of the first half?

Vivid

Post by Vivid » Jun 23rd, '04, 21:52

By any chance the next series could be perfect bride?? :P ....been waiting for a long long long long time for it :lol

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Jun 23rd, '04, 23:51

Even though you added younger man a couple of times it couldn't stand against the other drama series at all. It seems like almost no one wants it.
In the last vote it got 30 out of 76 votes. In the one before that it got more than 50 (out of around 150?) IIRC. I don't know if you can call that "almost no one". It also did a hell of a lot better than the ones that didn't even get one volunteer seeder.

I think the reason that the votes for it have been dropping is that some of us decided to make it a kind of unofficial sotw and seeded it very well for the week that lovgen won. So, many people were able to try it or get the remaining eps they wanted that week.

Although it's not one of my favorite dramas, I think YM is a certainly a better drama than LoveGen for instance.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jun 24th, '04, 02:55

Bedi wrote:Even though you added younger man a couple of times it couldn't stand against the other drama series at all. It seems like almost no one wants it. Maybe it will be better to forget about it. Just my opinion and a suggestion.
I mean atm thetenken's pick has more votes than younger man ... if the result will be the same it must mean ppl would rather dl nothing than younger man...

Muhahaha....you will all love the series I pick. =D Well, some more than others. OK, some of you will hate it. If you hate it enough, I will have to upload my own series, called "Love Knows No Bars." You really, really don't want to see that. No, really.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jun 24th, '04, 04:27

thetenken wrote:If you hate it enough, I will have to upload my own series, called "Love Knows No Bars." You really, really don't want to see that. No, really.
You hypocrite. =P Whatever happened to completed series hmm????? Unless of course, you plan on finishing the last, what, 10 episodes(?) within the next week. That wouldn't be very good uploading policy!!

Anyways, I rather liked the first episode. :wink:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jun 24th, '04, 05:06

Bedi wrote:Even though you added younger man a couple of times it couldn't stand against the other drama series at all. It seems like almost no one wants it. Maybe it will be better to forget about it. Just my opinion and a suggestion.
what if thetenken picks Younger Men? That'll be funny :lol

Kurusawa

Post by Kurusawa » Jun 24th, '04, 10:23

iceberri wrote:I'll seed L'Oiseau Bleu if there's another volunteer. The HQ files are just a little hard for me to manage by myself. :P

---Edit: oops, looks like I never finished downloading episode 11, so I'd be able to seed 1-10... Someone else would have to take over for 11 though.
I managed to d/l the entire series.. i can help seed ep 11.. pm me if you want me to seed
my MAX upload speed is 128Kbps so dont expect blazing speeds :P

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jun 24th, '04, 16:53

Ruroshin wrote:
Ruro...*whispers* don't let the cat out of the bag!*whispers*

Bedi

Post by Bedi » Jun 24th, '04, 16:53

I think the reason that the votes for it have been dropping is that some of us decided to make it a kind of unofficial sotw and seeded it very well for the week that lovgen won. So, many people were able to try it or get the remaining eps they wanted that week.
I didn't recognize that :blink. Maybe I read some series synopsis and didn't get interested so didn't pay any attention.
That must be the reason that it couldnt win yet.

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jun 24th, '04, 19:30

Ruroshin wrote:
thats also what I thought just now when I voted :roll

harhra^^

rooter

Post by rooter » Jun 25th, '04, 06:21

i am a newbie..but i was wondering...i know there are some jem dramas that are link or bt-ed in this site. is there any ways we can have one of his series as an option for drama of the week..i know some dramas like hero are complete..but its not on the list..just wondering if its a subber copywrite issue or something..cuz its hard to get *ahem* hero from the jem site so if it was the drama of the week..i am sure everyone can enjoy it..especialy me :roll lol but if not then its okay :glare:

rooter

Post by rooter » Jun 25th, '04, 06:22

if jem is a girl..i am sorry :crazy: heheh

Kamuro_Ishigami

Post by Kamuro_Ishigami » Jun 25th, '04, 14:25

I vote for younger men.
But what about beach boys its in the list and really cool.
But i missed Hero in this list too

anduria

Post by anduria » Jun 25th, '04, 14:56

I vote for ...

Love Complex. Which I can help with seeding most the eps. I'm only missing like 5% from 2 of them.

Merry Christmas in Summer. Same thing pretty much.

or

Friends.. I'd have to see how much I have..

Just my $.02! :wub:

Ja Ne!

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jun 25th, '04, 16:09

rooter wrote:i am a newbie..but i was wondering...i know there are some jem dramas that are link or bt-ed in this site. is there any ways we can have one of his series as an option for drama of the week..i know some dramas like hero are complete..but its not on the list..just wondering if its a subber copywrite issue or something..cuz its hard to get *ahem* hero from the jem site so if it was the drama of the week..i am sure everyone can enjoy it..especialy me :roll lol but if not then its okay :glare:
There are currently no plans to use JEM series as Series of the Week. We have enough completed dramas as is on this site alone. Not that this is a bar on having an informal JEM series of the week...

junkie_with_a_monkey

Post by junkie_with_a_monkey » Jun 25th, '04, 20:27

i nominate 'Story of one century'. purely for selfish purposes :roll . its got matsushima nanako and i heard that it was pretty cool. ive only got episode 1 so im willing to seed that episode :D

NiXZe

Post by NiXZe » Jun 25th, '04, 20:37

i'm willing to seed Story of one century. but since it's only 6eps i don't see the need for it to be a sotw.

laylowmay

Post by laylowmay » Jun 25th, '04, 22:06

Not that this is a bar on having an informal JEM series of the week...
Yea!! Let's do that!
There are quite a few good series on jem that I dont have and have not been able to get due to the "inactivity" of that site. There are hardly any seeds around!
If thetenten or someone would arrange JEM series of the week, i'm sure many of us will be happy.
I have completed hero and itsumo futari de, so i'll be able to seed these.

Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth » Jun 26th, '04, 16:44

I nominate "Forbidden Love".

junkie_with_a_monkey

Post by junkie_with_a_monkey » Jun 26th, '04, 17:20

ill double forbidden love, i love that drama :wub: . its probably my all time favourite.

Amika

Post by Amika » Jun 27th, '04, 08:46

anything but younger men... :roll :P

nagai yasumi

Ice World?

Post by nagai yasumi » Jun 27th, '04, 16:43

I'ld like to nominate Iceworld.

(I can help seed Merry Christmas in Summer & Forbidden Love.)

niko2x

Post by niko2x » Jun 28th, '04, 18:17

about how long does SOTW seeds last? for example when will sleeping forest ceased to be seeded?

witica

Post by witica » Jun 28th, '04, 23:55

i would think that seeding last as long as people are willing to seed it.

or if you look to past series of week for exaples. they usually last one to two weeks after the next series of the week has been decided upon.

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Jul 1st, '04, 05:44

My vote is for Beach boys since I have half of it already downloaded ;-P
Even though its a selfish vote, I could help seed 1-5 + 8, 9 from the start.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Jul 1st, '04, 14:07

Getting a little late in the week...sorry to all for not posting up Merry Christmas in Summer and Forbidden Love, I've been having trouble getting on the site.

I'll post those two up for next week's...

As Zhang Cui-shan said to the assembled heroes at Wu Dang, "A true man will always confront the consequences of his actions...Today I will give everyone a satisfactory answer!"

fahmisarkawi

wassup???

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 2nd, '04, 10:52

hi everybody .............. wassup???....... just wondering if anybody know wherei can get yamato nadeshiko episode 10???? also shotgun marriage the whole season..????? please help me!!!!!!!!1 :D

rooter

Post by rooter » Jul 3rd, '04, 01:34

try the jem site :lol

just click on the torrent and the series of the month called romance and it will take you to that site where you can get both series.. :wub:

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jul 3rd, '04, 02:30

I'd like to nominate Perfect Bride all the torrents are totaly dead for it i think, but maybe theres interest in it.. :wub:

fahmisarkawi

hohoho.......

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 3rd, '04, 13:31

hahahahaha.......... arigato rooter for the jem site ............. do you know where i can get Pride since the torrent on this site is only until the 5 episode......... it kills me not to see the ending of this drama!!!!! also where can get power office girls and not so perfect love :blink

:w00t:

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Jul 3rd, '04, 13:55

hi everybody .............. wassup???....... just wondering if anybody know wherei can get yamato nadeshiko episode 10????
Actually your mother has a copy. It's on the same drive as her huge collection of farm animal porn. Don't you have to be over the age of 3 to post here?

kinki

Post by kinki » Jul 3rd, '04, 19:50

i voted for your pick (thetenken pick) although i didnt watch younger men, but i trust ur taste as well! :lol whatever drama u r gonna choose, we will watch gladly! 8)

fahmisarkawi

whats your problem???

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 4th, '04, 07:56

yo tailchaser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... whats your damn motherfucking problem..........

ShaolinMunky

Re: whats your problem???

Post by ShaolinMunky » Jul 4th, '04, 08:04

fahmisarkawi wrote:yo tailchaser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... whats your damn motherfucking problem..........
Well, he's raggin on ya cuz, man YOU posted something that doesn't belong on this TOPIC, next time, if your going to make a request put it where it belongs, in the REQUEST FORUM, don't put it anywhere else, basically there's a place where certain posts' belongs get it? LIke this TOPIC for example it's about voting for the series of the week. And you just abruptly put your post HERE. And I guess TailChaser doesn't like newbie behavior and he had to be imature about it. :)

Amika

Post by Amika » Jul 4th, '04, 13:33

tailchaser wrote:Although it's not one of my favorite dramas, I think YM is a certainly a better drama than LoveGen for instance.
you must be shitting me... YM better then LG? just the thought of that old lady making love with the younger guy make me wanna puke already... :pale: sorry.. just my 2 cents... :roll

and btw.. it won't surprise me at all if thetenken choice YM for the next SOTW... i hope he do that.. so that i can let my pc rest for 2 weeks... :w00t: :mrgreen:

fahmisarkawi

hmmmmm......

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 4th, '04, 13:47

hhmmmmmm............now i get it.........sorrry dude for my ignorence............my bad...........
well then i think i 'm gonna vote for Pride!!! Is pride on the list??????............

P.S : no hard feelings ok tailchaser????? :pale:

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 4th, '04, 14:23

-_____-;;;;;

@famisarkawi:

May I make the wise suggestion that you read everything before you post? You just might end up getting flamed all over the place by more unforgiving people here by the nature of your posts. Unless you were referring to the chinese subbed version, Pride will not be an option for two reasons:
  • Pride is Fob's production
    Pride is currently, at the moment, uncompleted
From now on, try to read as much as you can before you post -- ALL of the stickies, announcements, and especially the first post of the topic itself! You will then realize the errors of your ways and hopefully, avoid any more flames in the future. Good luck with that. :)

And people, we were ALL newbies once -- just deal with it okay? There was no need for some of those comments made above. If you're going to be rude, at least explain why you're being rude, okay? Learning through mistakes is the only way you can prevent things like this from happening in the future. ^___^ (Maybe I'm just a dumb idealist.)

fahmisarkawi

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 4th, '04, 16:30

:blink well looks like i landed in hot soup again........... but thanx anyway to iceberri and shaolin monkey for showing me the error of my ways........ again i apologize the error..........
so FOB, JEM and DADDICTS are all different productions eh......... i'm still new in this japanese sub thingies but will try to learn as fast as posible........... :)

keep up the work guys.....!!!!!!

P.S : i'll leave it to thetenken to make the wise decision of the next series of the week......

Ang3lHart

Post by Ang3lHart » Jul 4th, '04, 17:01

Can it be Ice World next "week" please?

P.S.- it would be really funny if it's younger men... :lol

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Jul 4th, '04, 17:09

just the thought of that old lady making love with the younger guy make me wanna puke already...
Yeah, me too actually, and I'm in my 30s :). I had to seek past those scenes as quickly as possible. It didn't ruin the drama for me though. I still thought it was ok and well worth watching at least once. I have to wonder if there's an age division between people who can tolerate it and people who find it completely unwatchable.

I wonder if there is some kind of software capable of editing out those scenes. Divx/Xvid/MPEG4 is not normally editable unfortunately.

As far as the LoveGen comparison, I found that drama increasingly unwatchable (I stopped after ep08 IIRC) due to Matsu Takako's character. I hate women like that in real life SO much. I wanted to strangle her every time she was on screen. I wanted to see her get sprayed with bullets from some stray yakuza or something. Any guy who would date a women like that deserves everything he gets. Finallly I just couldn't take it and had to stop watching the series.

I had to go watch some Itsumo Futari De and Long Vacation to try to disassociate Matsu Takako from her LoveGen character.

Amika

Post by Amika » Jul 5th, '04, 05:47

tailchaser wrote:As far as the LoveGen comparison, I found that drama increasingly unwatchable (I stopped after ep08 IIRC) due to Matsu Takako's character. I hate women like that in real life SO much. I wanted to strangle her every time she was on screen. I wanted to see her get sprayed with bullets from some stray yakuza or something. Any guy who would date a women like that deserves everything he gets. Finallly I just couldn't take it and had to stop watching the series.

I had to go watch some Itsumo Futari De and Long Vacation to try to disassociate Matsu Takako from her LoveGen character.
actually.. matsu takako's worst role in any drama was in long vacation.. and it is well known to all matsu takako fans out there.. as everyone of them hate her in that drama... :roll

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

konshu no tema wa...kore desu!

Post by thetenken » Jul 5th, '04, 18:56

*employs Chairman Kaga voice*

If memory served me right, the series of the week has always been more of a two week event, with seeders and leechers working throughout the two weeks to spread the drama to all known corners of mankind. This week, I have something a little different in mind...

Since our esteemed voters have voted me as to decide what the special series will be this week, I thought to myself, "Haven't we had enough KimuTaku? Shouldn't we have some better acted dramas with more serious themes?" Although that thought was ever dominant on my mind, I realized that there would be a fangirl revolution if we went without some KimuTaku or renai dramas...

Friends

AND...!!!

Story of One Century

With a KimuTaku lookalike for the fangirls and Fukakyon for the fanboys, we're set in regards to the renai quotient. With Matsushima Nanako and Watabe Atsuro, we're good on the good acting and dramatic fronts. A twofold solution, making this truly a Series of the Week (2 series over 2 weeks divided by 2 = 1 Series per Week?!?).!

ShaolinMunky

Re: konshu no tema wa...kore desu!

Post by ShaolinMunky » Jul 5th, '04, 22:13

thetenken wrote:*employs Chairman Kaga voice*

Friends

AND...!!!

Story of One Century

LOL!!! wise decision Thenk.

laura22

Requesting Seeders for....

Post by laura22 » Jul 5th, '04, 22:13

I would like to nominate the J drama "IceWorld" staring Matsushima Nanako!!! :D

jovial

Post by jovial » Jul 6th, '04, 00:22

i nominate beach boys!

fahmisarkawi

hohohohoh

Post by fahmisarkawi » Jul 6th, '04, 04:02

hahahahahaha........... as usual thetenken has done a wise decision to include both of those type of jdrama............ and i actually agree with what thetenken has just said...... we need maybe some variety other than takukimu........ CHEERS THETENKEN!!!!!!!!

koolau

Post by koolau » Jul 6th, '04, 05:15

Story of One Century please....

niko2x

Post by niko2x » Jul 6th, '04, 13:53

i vote for younger man. :)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 6th, '04, 22:25

hey, cool! i missed story of one century when it came out. i didn't know kanno miho and atsuro watabe was in it. they were pretty good in where is love. thanks for making it the series of the week, thetenken!

missxmoody

Post by missxmoody » Jul 10th, '04, 00:37

umm.. the picture on the torrent page advertising the series of the week, isn't the girl park jiyoon?? or did someone photoshop kyoko over jiyoon? shrugs, they don't look a like but eh, i'm confused. all is cool though.

danyowrong

Post by danyowrong » Jul 13th, '04, 20:52

thetenken wrote:Getting a little late in the week...sorry to all for not posting up Merry Christmas in Summer and Forbidden Love, I've been having trouble getting on the site.

I'll post those two up for next week's...
YAY!!! I've heard many good things about manatsu no merry christmas.

who has ever heard of having CHRISTMAS.... during the SUMMER?!?!?! ITS JUST OUTRAGEOUS!

my vote goes to whatever thetenken picks btw

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 16th, '04, 23:22

MODS: just wondering why this thread isn't just moved (and consolidated) in the new Series of the Week/Month section that Ruroshin built? it would give the community a one-stop-shop for sotw and sotm, instead of splitting the discussions? just a suggestion. :idea: