What should be the next KSOTM?

Poll ended at Aug 1st, '04, 22:50

Beautiful Days
40%
Bright Girl's Success Story
10%
Let's Go to School, Sang-doo!
22%
My Love Patzzi (minus 5 votes cuz of the idiot below)
20%
Propose
3%
Winter Sonata
6%

Total votes: 111

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Vote for August's KSOTM

Post by puccakiss79 » Jul 12th, '04, 22:50

DO NOT SPAM SO YOU CAN VOTE IN THE POLLS. Otherwise, I will remove that candidate from the poll completely. Do not screw it up for everyone else out there (sutiti, jan23, hippo, banh_uot, utmot_04)!!!!!

Winner will be announced on Sun., August 1st and seeding will begin Mon., Aug. 2nd.

Each candidate is English subtitled

Click here to read How the Korean Series of the Month Works

@SEEDERS, thanks for making KSOTM a success thus far. If you are listed as a seeder for any of the candidates and know ahead of time you won't be able to seed in August, just send a pm to iceberri or I :)

August's Candidates

Beautiful Days
Info from koreanwiz.org
Seeders: aNTok, aznkoodies, iceberri, kboy107, leeunit, nanda, puccakiss79, Scyth3r, tai8318, timbits

Bright Girl's Success Story
Info from koreanwiz.org
Seeders: aznkoodies, iceberri, in-sung, nanda, seirin

Let's Go to School, Sang-doo!
Info from koreanwiz.org
More info from yesiasa.com
Seeders: iceberri, puccakiss79, seirin

My Love Pattzi
Info from koreanwiz.org
Seeders: aznkoodies, iceberri, kboy107, leeunit, nanda, seirin, tai8318

Propose
Little Info at koreanwiz.org
Seeders: helikoppter, iceberri, leeunit, kboy107, puccakiss79

Winter Sonata
Info from koreanwiz.org
Seeders: aznkoodies, gfngfgf, hakurey, iceberri, kboy107, leeunit, miriko, o0Tsukishi0o, ph3412, puccakiss79

Good Luck to all the candidates! :w00t: :)
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Aug 2nd, '04, 07:00, edited 5 times in total.

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Jul 13th, '04, 17:51

I vote for Lets Go To School Sang Doo.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 13th, '04, 20:55

This is the first time that I have/seen all of the listed series, so I think I'll wait to see how the polling goes before I vote. ^____^

btw, pucca, great idea setting up a different thread regarding how ksotm works -- makes the thread much more condensed and easier to read. :)

tania0353

vote

Post by tania0353 » Jul 14th, '04, 13:59

vote for beautiful days!

nite

Post by nite » Jul 14th, '04, 22:14

where can i download these dramas?

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » Jul 14th, '04, 22:18

nite wrote:where can i download these dramas?
jem and d-addicts...

edit-- it might help to read the link pucca gave..

yuri lee

Post by yuri lee » Jul 15th, '04, 11:25

i vote for my love patzi cause jae won oppa is in it! so cuteee.. ^^

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 15th, '04, 12:01

I would like to ask since Let's Go to School, Sangdoo! seems to be garnering a good number of votes that there be more volunteer seeders for that series. It would be easier to help pump out the episodes if there were more people working on it at once since the episodes are 700 mb large. Any help would be much appreciated! Please PM pucca or I if you want to help out. Thanks!!! :)

mizuki

Post by mizuki » Jul 15th, '04, 17:48

i vote for let's go to school sang-doo

pikablueey

Post by pikablueey » Jul 15th, '04, 22:16

sigh...i dont think beautiful days will ever win...something always beat it by a few votes :-(

happo_sai

Post by happo_sai » Jul 15th, '04, 22:37

Cheer up pikablueey....I vote for "Beautiful Days".

LITTLEteaPOToo17

vote

Post by LITTLEteaPOToo17 » Jul 16th, '04, 01:24

i second that pikablueey....go beautiful day

ken_ohki

Post by ken_ohki » Jul 16th, '04, 09:45

go,go, go beautiful days! :w00t: i love you choi ji-woo! :wub:

osora

Post by osora » Jul 16th, '04, 10:20

i vote for beautiful days cuz i think the banner is the prettiest...... :P

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Jul 16th, '04, 15:12

osora wrote:i vote for beautiful days cuz i think the banner is the prettiest...... :P
it's just an old saying don't judge a book by its cover. :whistling:
This drama was extremly boring and sad .. .. well for me anyways :P

osora

Post by osora » Jul 16th, '04, 19:53

kazuki wrote:
osora wrote:i vote for beautiful days cuz i think the banner is the prettiest...... :P
it's just an old saying don't judge a book by its cover. :whistling:
This drama was extremly boring and sad .. .. well for me anyways :P
note: i made the banner! it was a joke. :lol (though i did vote for beautiful days cuz it's the only thing i don't have on that list)

kobe007

Post by kobe007 » Jul 16th, '04, 21:00

lee jung hyun !!!!

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Jul 17th, '04, 06:00

My vote is for My Love Pattz, since I've seen most of the others... :D

babyvox99

hello

Post by babyvox99 » Jul 17th, '04, 13:42

how do you determine the next KSOTM candidates? Is it just random dramas or is there some kind of system involved?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: hello

Post by iceberri » Jul 17th, '04, 16:17

babyvox99 wrote:how do you determine the next KSOTM candidates? Is it just random dramas or is there some kind of system involved?
Since there is no candidate election like there is for a series of the week (since we already collected volunteer seeders and such), the six candidates are usually left up to pucca & I. We try to pick those that had a high number of votes in the previous poll, or lack seeds for many of the episodes. If anything seems particularly unfair (e.g. leaving a series out that has really deserved to be in it) please let us know.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: hello

Post by puccakiss79 » Jul 17th, '04, 16:41

iceberri wrote:
babyvox99 wrote:how do you determine the next KSOTM candidates? Is it just random dramas or is there some kind of system involved?
Since there is no candidate election like there is for a series of the week (since we already collected volunteer seeders and such), the six candidates are usually left up to pucca & I. We try to pick those that had a high number of votes in the previous poll, or lack seeds for many of the episodes. If anything seems particularly unfair (e.g. leaving a series out that has really deserved to be in it) please let us know.
Hehe, i would have just said we pull it out of our a$$.... :roll but i guess your answer works too ice :P .

But ppl can nominate candidates for the next poll in the current polls thread...don't know if ppl always miss that part of the process since not much ppl do that.
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Jul 17th, '04, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Jul 17th, '04, 16:45

hmm not many votes so far :unsure: maybe everyone is waiting till thet last few days..

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 17th, '04, 16:48

kazuki wrote:hmm not many votes so far :unsure: maybe everyone is waiting till thet last few days..
or perhaps those hundreds of votes were due to users who had 5 billion accounts. :roll

In any case, there seem to be a few people who wrote, "I vote for _____ series" who have significantly less than 10 votes in this thread. Just curious, but can you guys vote? or are you just expressing your opinion of where you would vote if you could......?

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 17th, '04, 20:38

Guess I'm voting for Beautiful Days, since the poor thing has come in second so damn many times it's pathetic!! That and I can help seed it. It's a really good drama, and I'm tired of seeing it lose out to something else at the last minute!!!
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

shwap

Post by shwap » Jul 17th, '04, 21:25

Sang Doo all the way!

it was happy sad dramatic and cute!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

r4z0r3cK

Post by r4z0r3cK » Jul 17th, '04, 21:51

Hmm voting for Sang Doo as well since its the best comedy amongst the series.

Learner

Can any1 vote or only some?

Post by Learner » Jul 18th, '04, 11:19

Had to ask as I cant seem to vote. I did vote OK last month but this month when I click on the link to vote, it just gone straight to the current poll result.

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can any1 vote or only some?

Post by bludawn » Jul 18th, '04, 12:26

Learner wrote:Had to ask as I cant seem to vote. I did vote OK last month but this month when I click on the link to vote, it just gone straight to the current poll result.
u need 10 posts to vote.. you're almost there ^^
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5510

jan23

Post by jan23 » Jul 18th, '04, 17:48

Go go my love pattzi .. go go jang nara :P

Hudsonn

Post by Hudsonn » Jul 18th, '04, 18:15

I hope beautiful days wins this time, because it lost last month's title just by a couple votes.
It looks good so far. Go Beautiful Days!
Heo Yun Mi

sutiti

Post by sutiti » Jul 18th, '04, 18:29

I have seen that beautiful Days .. so i want to see some Jang Nara's series .... :roll

uhmm.. my love pattzi or .... bright girl........ :|

Learner

I see!

Post by Learner » Jul 18th, '04, 19:09

Thanks for telling me. Is SHOUT counted as post too?
By the way, can some1 explain why some file is 329mb and others over 6 to 700mb? Just want to know as large files take so long to D/L I'd love to vote for Sang Doo or Winter Sonata but the file sizes just scare me.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I see!

Post by iceberri » Jul 18th, '04, 19:12

Learner wrote:Thanks for telling me. Is SHOUT counted as post too?
By the way, can some1 explain why some file is 329mb and others over 6 to 700mb? Just want to know as large files take so long to D/L I'd love to vote for Sang Doo or Winter Sonata but the file sizes just scare me.
Shouts are generally used for conversation or seed requests, and they are a separate section from the forums. Some of the files are considerably larger because the quality is much better than the 350 mb versions. Anything from 300-350 mb can fit 2 episodes per CD, but 700 mb files can only fit 1 per cd. It's just a matter of whether you prefer quality or quantity. :P

Learner

Post by Learner » Jul 18th, '04, 19:55

Thanks Iceberri, ummm! now I'll have to think a bit before voting. I heard good comments on Sang Doo but love Bae Yong Joon :P after watching Hotelier. I'm just new to Korean series so miles away from knowing who's who! Glad I found bitoorent and this site as I've watched dubbed All about Eve and All in - just spoil the whole series! subbed is much better. Thanks guys for all the work!

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » Jul 18th, '04, 21:00

i see some new ppl posting like crazy... under 5 accounts.. unless they share their ip w/ 5 friends? o_o

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 18th, '04, 21:10

bludawn wrote:i see some new ppl posting like crazy... under 6 accounts.. unless they share their ip w/ 6 friends? o_o
I know what you mean! I was WATCHING people creating new accounts and posting... it's mainly one person though. I already PMed him several times, though he did NOT answer me, and I even editted the first post of this thread warning the dude not to create any new accounts. :glare:

I'm amazed what people will do just to get a few more votes in. Heck, I even know which series the guy voted for.. so if he creates any more accounts, I'm zapping that option entirely from this month's polls. Besides getting a life, anybody with even HALF a brain would realize that their actions would not go unnoticed... Then again, there are all kinds of people in this world. :lol

leeunit

Post by leeunit » Jul 18th, '04, 21:26

Forget warning him, just remove it period.

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » Jul 18th, '04, 22:23

muhaha...well i hope they read in the last kstom poll that
IPs may be banned for multiple voting and cheating

leeunit

Post by leeunit » Jul 18th, '04, 22:37

Banning IPs won't make any difference because not everyone has the same IP everytime they go online. In my opinion, you need to remove the series altogether and make an example out of this guy before we have the same problems every month.

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » Jul 18th, '04, 22:50

if we see ppl spamming again under 5 accounts maybe their posts should be deleted
then they have to post 200 times hahaha

so don't spam <_<

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jul 18th, '04, 23:43

hmm, if this **** continues...i'm scrapping the whole KSOTM...you want to deal w/ it fine...but i won't participate in the KSOTM...why should we continue it?

lydiaeunkim

Post by lydiaeunkim » Jul 19th, '04, 01:30

hey everyone~ let's vote for my love patzzi.. i think that's wat it's called.. heheh jae won is in it!!!! He's sucha cutee!~ :wub:

sub

Post by sub » Jul 20th, '04, 17:05

instead of having you moderators (who are already busy seeders) dealing with the problem of voting under multiple accounts... why not just allow everyone to vote multiple times and let them battle it out themselves? :glare: the poll should look pretty interesting then :D

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Jul 20th, '04, 17:38

sub wrote:instead of having you moderators (who are already busy seeders) dealing with the problem of voting under multiple accounts... why not just allow everyone to vote multiple times and let them battle it out themselves? :glare: the poll should look pretty interesting then :D
you can see the result of that option in last months poll where we had over 100 fake votes :crazy:

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 20th, '04, 20:57

sub wrote:instead of having you moderators (who are already busy seeders) dealing with the problem of voting under multiple accounts... why not just allow everyone to vote multiple times and let them battle it out themselves? :glare: the poll should look pretty interesting then :D
If we are promoting the principles that cheating can get you anywhere in life, including an online forum, then there really isn't any point in creating ksotm, whose purpose is to help out everyone. As I observed last time, there were only about 5-6 individuals who managed to skew the polls completely in their favor so in all honesty, I have no intentions of helping a few cheaters out! If we cannot, in some way, prevent cheating, then I have no intention of continuuing ksotm. I think pucca feels the same way I do.

Look at it this way. Who is benefiting from it if we allow cheating?
1) Those who have no life and have the time to create 5 million accounts just to vote for something.
2) Those who lack the morals to just play by the rules.

Call me idealistic, but ksotm was created to help everyone out by giving them a chance to download older dramas, or to help them finish certain episodes. If people think that by tipping the polls, you can get what you want, you are sorely mistaken.

So yes, we will not hesitate to take candidates out of the poll if we see cheating again. And we will also not hesitate to just scrap the whole idea if it gets out of control again. If it comes to that, deal with it. There will always be the Seeding and Requests section. Believe me, you won't die.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jul 20th, '04, 22:08

another possibility would be to stop the poll and let only certain members (mods, regulars) decide which drama gets featured. :x
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

jtwong27

Post by jtwong27 » Jul 20th, '04, 22:55

hmm thats true. It sucks that ppl have time to try to cheat. I love the ksotm. Perhaps it would be a good idea to raise the number of required posts cause hopefully, this will stop MOST of the cheaters....

leeunit

Post by leeunit » Jul 21st, '04, 00:18

Raising the number of required posts is an option, but then you might have one idiot who is dedicated enough to keep spamming anyways. I agree with MoerkJ, the best thing we can do without having to scrap the entire KSOTM is just let the moderators and regular members vote/decide.

In any event, I already have all the series downloaded so I can really care less if KSOTM gets scrapped. You guys are only hurting yourselves by cheating.

jtwong27

Post by jtwong27 » Jul 21st, '04, 00:31

true. Probably the best is to let the moderators and regular members decide. I think thats a good idea.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 21st, '04, 00:50

Well, since Ruroshin had to go through the trouble of setting up a 10 post limit in a separate forum, I think we should try this out first and really see how it goes. So far, as far as we know, there's only been one "breach of misconduct", but it seems to be working pretty well so far.

Also, how would we determine who fits in the group of regulars? Would "regular" be determined by how many posts? How long they've been here? How active they are in irc? And then, even after figuring that out, how would you poll this specialized group of regulars? Seems hard to do. :P It's a good idea, but there's a lot of details that we would have to figure out.

Plus, I don't really wanna pile on any more work on Ruro if it's possible. =\

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jul 21st, '04, 00:58

Well if this current method doesn't work then another option would be to create an open group and let puc or ice moderate it. Since its an open group, people can apply to be added to the group. To start with I can add all the people who are uploaders then other ppl can simply apply.

yapjj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yapjj » Jul 21st, '04, 02:32

Another idea would be to use the date joined as the criteria. Since nobody can change that, you can allow only those who have joined at least 2 or 3 months before the polling month to vote. This will allow someone like me, who have joined for a long time, but have made minimal postings, a chance to vote :lol

Although I'm not eligible to vote this time round, hope BD will finally make it as KSOTM. Looking good so far ..... :)

jtwong27

Post by jtwong27 » Jul 21st, '04, 02:57

thats actually a really good idea. nice one yapjj :)

nagai yasumi

My Love Patzzi

Post by nagai yasumi » Jul 21st, '04, 04:42

I vote My Love Patzzi.

(I have all but 2 episodes of Bright Girls Success Story & can seed that.)

lo

Post by lo » Jul 21st, '04, 18:38

Beautiful Days, go, go, go!!!!!!
And please, don't give KSOTM (either SOTW) up. It's the best idea i've seen for a long time to share COMPLETE series :notworthy:
The bests: F4 & Takashi Sorimachi!!!!!!!

jsheng

Post by jsheng » Jul 21st, '04, 19:18

This series of the month idea is great. I've been visiting this site for the past 6 months, but just made an account. I've never really understood talking to people through posts so I usually don't register for accounts. I wanted to vote ^_^x

o0Tsukushi0o

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » Jul 21st, '04, 22:15

Well I hope Beautiful Days finally win this month. :)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 21st, '04, 23:04

though i don't normally vote in KSOTM, i think yapjj's idea is a pretty good one. shouldn't force oldtime members to post just to vote.

what if you made it 'amount of posts (30+)' OR 'date joined (pre-MAY)'

for the techie-mods, is it possible that some individuals have written programs to automatically join/register in d-addicts, and post in various forums? or do you feel that they're MANUALLY joining and posting?

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jul 21st, '04, 23:31

still cant believ pepo would go that low hehe o well thats their life anywayz go KSOTM! i dunt really care who wins anyone is fine hehe they r all good and i cant believe poor beautiful days still hasnt won yet..but i dunt remember wat i voted for..or did i vote already? am i one of those groups that cant vote? cuz all i see is the results..hmmmz

edit: oo okie so have to post hea b4 voting? but wat if i dunt really have anythin to say isnt dat spam?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jul 22nd, '04, 00:15

babyguh wrote:still cant believ pepo would go that low hehe o well thats their life anywayz go KSOTM! i dunt really care who wins anyone is fine hehe they r all good and i cant believe poor beautiful days still hasnt won yet..but i dunt remember wat i voted for..or did i vote already? am i one of those groups that cant vote? cuz all i see is the results..hmmmz

edit: oo okie so have to post hea b4 voting? but wat if i dunt really have anythin to say isnt dat spam?
If you are a member of the voters group http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/groupcp.php?g=5087 you should be able to vote. People are automatically added to the group after they have at least 10 posts. If you are over and you're not in the group then trying making one post to see if that puts you in. If you're still not a member and have 10 or more posts then just apply for membership in that group and I'll approve you.

stormingblizzard

Post by stormingblizzard » Jul 22nd, '04, 00:46

I vote for My Love Patzzi :lol .

sugarbloodsuckers

Post by sugarbloodsuckers » Jul 22nd, '04, 01:20

I voted for My Love Patzzi because Jang Na Ra is in it and no one ever seeds it :-(

kpop

Post by kpop » Jul 22nd, '04, 06:26

Though I don't need any of those series but I still vote for 'Beautiful Days'. More fans will see this series. It's the best :P

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jul 23rd, '04, 02:18

Ruroshin wrote:
babyguh wrote:still cant believ pepo would go that low hehe o well thats their life anywayz go KSOTM! i dunt really care who wins anyone is fine hehe they r all good and i cant believe poor beautiful days still hasnt won yet..but i dunt remember wat i voted for..or did i vote already? am i one of those groups that cant vote? cuz all i see is the results..hmmmz

If you are a member of the voters group http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/groupcp.php?g=5087 you should be able to vote. People are automatically added to the group after they have at least 10 posts. If you are over and you're not in the group then trying making one post to see if that puts you in. If you're still not a member and have 10 or more posts then just apply for membership in that group and I'll approve you.
oo okie ive solved the problem eheh it was cuz i didnt post in this particular post so i didnt see the thing where i could vote but after posting hea i saw it and i went to that thread and i am part of the group but i dint kno u hav to post in the particular thread to vote o well ehehe thanx anywayz

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 23rd, '04, 05:14

lets go to school, sang doo!

but uhm......beautiful days? well thats good, too! 10port LBH! =D

rooter

Post by rooter » Jul 23rd, '04, 07:07

its about time beautiful days is winning.. :mrgreen: ..i just hope it doesn't lose in the last couple of hours before decision time...that would be.. :cry: yeah..lol

acettea7

Post by acettea7 » Jul 23rd, '04, 23:11

i vote lets go to school!

LITTLEteaPOToo17

Post by LITTLEteaPOToo17 » Jul 26th, '04, 01:44

i wounder if i could nominate 'GLASS SHOES (a.k.a Glass Slipper)' as a candidate for the next KSOTM...

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jul 26th, '04, 02:14

LITTLEteaPOToo17 wrote:i wounder if i could nominate 'GLASS SHOES (a.k.a Glass Slipper)' as a candidate for the next KSOTM...
please read the thread Korean Series of the Month-How it works :glare:

you cannot nominate a series that were never uploaded here (or at Jem/JTV/etc website) before. who should seed it when nobody has it? :wink:
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Jul 26th, '04, 04:51

i vote for lets go to school sang doo :D

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jul 26th, '04, 04:58

LITTLEteaPOToo17 wrote:i wounder if i could nominate 'GLASS SHOES (a.k.a Glass Slipper)' as a candidate for the next KSOTM...
You can't nominate a series that doesn't have any volunteer seeders...unless you nominating it means you will seed it for us :) :D i haven't seen this one yet =) and would love to put it on the poll, but again, it needs to have volunteer seeders first.

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Jul 26th, '04, 13:21

I voted for Beautiful Days. It's a classic that many people seem to recommend.

stephy

Post by stephy » Jul 26th, '04, 16:42

i vote for Let's Go to School, Sang-doo!

Rizzaritz

Post by Rizzaritz » Jul 27th, '04, 01:08

I vote for My Love Patzzi ....the one i got is chinese dubbed and i'm looking for the korean dubbed with english subs.... :) i'll be sure to keep checking thinhs out if it wins so i could start downloading.

starlitedr3amer

Post by starlitedr3amer » Jul 27th, '04, 21:31

I voted for Bright Girl's Success Story because it's the only one I haven't seen besides "Propose". However, Beautiful Days is one of my favorite K-dramas ever! It's really good, so either way is cool :P