Information On Volunteer Series Seeding:
any comments, suggestions, feedback, etc, can be placed in this thread:
(the LONG version of the what, why, who, where, when and how's can be found in the same thread. uh, yes, this is the abridged
is the 'volunteer series seeding' thread for?
basically, this thread is for individuals to ANNOUNCE his/her intention of re-seeding an older, unseeded, completed series. don't confuse this with releasing a new series, answering a seed request for one or two eps, or SOTW/SOTM. 'vss' is for reseeding a completed series such as forbidden love, princess hiro, autumn tale, and other torrents that may have been on the tracker for a few months or so.
is the 'volunteer series seeding' thread NOT
to be used for?
- requesting that a series be seeded (you would do that in the appropriate seed req thread)
- answering a seed req for just one or two people (again, in the seed req thread)
- replacing the seed req, sotw, or sotm
- reseeding any series that already has multiple, current seeds (please check current seed status w/ MoerkJ's tool
- raising expectations that someone will always be seeding a series every day, week, month, whatever - it's strictly voluntary and there is no set schedule
- seeding just part of the series and hoping someone will complete the rest - you should have all eps already completed (though you may want to ask for help on the ost or special, if you don't have it)
- "casual seeding" - we practice SAFE AND MEANINGFUL SEEDING here at d-addicts, dangit! if your intent is just to seed an ep here or there over the course of a year, then the vss thread is not for you. you should just continue to seed casually in the seed req section. the vss thread is about COMMITMENT!
did we create the 'vss' thread?
there are multiple justifications for this thread found here
can be a 'vss'?
any individual who has an entire series that they would like to reseed - obviously a series that does not already have multiple seeds for each ep. however, once the vss announces his/her intention, there should be a responsibility to come through with your offer, since many people may be waiting on the particular series.
of course, if you have a few episodes (or the entire series) of the announced vss, you are always welcome to join in and assist (you don't need to make an announcement). we always appreciate additional help.
- make a request for an older series to be seeded? ... in the appropriate seed req thread of that torrent
- say THANK YOU to the vss's? ... in the appropriate seed req thread of that torrent
- provide comments, suggestions, feedback, etc? ... here
would a vss make his/her announcement?
vss seeding is completely random and voluntary. there is no set schedule, so DO NOT EXPECT that a vss seed will happen every week or every month.
if you would like to be a vss, please read below and send in your information a few days before you actually begin seeding. it will allow jholic or mods to make the announcement here and provides time for people to jump on the torrent.
do i become a vss?
the most important question. here are the instructions, but i'm always open to suggestions:
this thread is always LOCKED to prevent people from cluttering the thread. if you want to ANNOUNCE your intention of being a vss, you should pm jholic or one of the mods (ironicwave, InTr4nceWeTrust, gryzze, MoerkJ, etc) with the following info (and preferably in the following FORMAT):
the vss should include, at the minimum, the following info (see posts above for examples):
time period of the reseed
(couple of days, weekend, a month - of course, the longer the series, the longer the reseed period, but pls use common sense)
(and version if needed)
# of eps/special/ost
**if you cannot figure out how to get the last three items, you can just leave it blank, but it would make our lives easier if you provide us the info**
**(oh, please include the http part, since i'm not sure if url links will automatically copy over when i copy/paste your info)**
series info link
(probably of ep1, but you could just give the link of the 'search' results page)
torrent download link
(use the 'torrent search' function, and copy/paste the corresponding link)
seed request thread link
(found in the 'seed req' section)
IMPORTANT NOTE TO VSS: by announcing in this thread, you should assume some responsibility for completing your offer. your announcement may make the torrent uber-popular (2000 leechers) or not so popular (2 leechers). in either case, you should proceed with reseeding. don't let your fans down, no matter how many of them there are!
thank you very much for your participation in this project.
EVERYONE ELSE: please help out our vss's by staying on to seed others. sharing is caring!