D-Addicts Looking for Section Mods - Apply Here

Data, images, links, competition and er other stuff are here.
jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

D-Addicts Looking for Section Mods - Apply Here

Post by jholic » Dec 29th, '08, 22:56

hello all,

D-Addicts is searching for a few energetic, level-headed individuals to become moderators for a few of our sections. some of the qualities we're looking for include established members who visit frequently, makes sound decisions, and treats other members with courtesy, tact, and professionalism.

D-A is looking for mods living in various countries and of various backgrounds, however, D-A want mods that will make unbiased and impartial decisions regardless of their race, religion, whether they like a certain actor or drama, or which fansub group they belong to. if you plan on becoming a mod to further your own agenda or defend a cause, please do not bother applying.

if you are willing to learn and would like to help maintain the D-A forum, please see below. the main sections that we plan to fill are:

1. Series of the Month - specify which one you are interested in taking care of (jp/korean/chn/etc).

2. Japanese, Korean, and Chinese Sections

3. Seeding and Torrent Comments

Also, Fansubbing, Subtitles, Other Asian Culture, International Community, Life and Relationships, and Travel

when you apply, indicate which section(s) you are interested in moderating and maintaining. you may apply for multiple sections and even ones that are not listed here. there are several ways to APPLY or NOMINATE:

1. reply to this thread, or

2. use the REPORT button on the lower-right hand corner, or

3. pm one of the current mods

decisions will be made some time in early 2009. we plan to choose multiple members, so don't be shy. if you are not chosen, please don't feel bad since another person may have been in a different timezone or have a certain specialty.

thanks for your interest and please spread the word to others that may be interested.

RockkxD

Post by RockkxD » Dec 29th, '08, 23:51

I would love to try to apply for a moderator position for the Chinese Section, which is the Chinese Culture & Entertainment section, if I am not wrong.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Dec 29th, '08, 23:56

Hmm. :)

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Jan 5th, '09, 03:03

Jholic, what exactly do you expect moderators do? Can you be more specific / detailed? I'm interested in maintaining WSotM and/or CSotM. But that's about the only things I'm interested in. I probably cannot put time to moderate / comment on / delete posts.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 5th, '09, 11:00

abcd99: the sotm mods would mainly be updating our sotm threads and torrents. there would be much less moderating of threads. the other sections would involve more monitoring/merging/deleting of threads and helping our members understand the rules.

RockkxD

Post by RockkxD » Jan 19th, '09, 08:18

Hm, any update on this, Jholic?

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jan 19th, '09, 09:13

Hi there!
I just saw this thread...perhaps its a bit late but if you're still looking, I'd be happy to be a moderator of either the Japanese sections, or seeding and torrent comments, travel, fansubbing, subtitles, international community, etc.
whatever you may need!
i enjoy this site a lot, and although I am commenting less and less on things- I'd still like to help in any way I can!

ranjitha

Post by ranjitha » Jan 19th, '09, 09:45

i love d-addicts and just saw this, if you're still looking i'd love to help out
on the jap or korean sections and even torrent as i download quite alot. [=
anyrthing to help out :-)

I've been not commenting and lurking more recently as i've nothing much to comment on and
just about 1 week ago realized that i wasn't logged in! hehe

i'm an active person if you're in doubt.
Please do email me or pm , as i'd really love to help out
but i'm quite clueless about this so do spare me :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 20th, '09, 04:59

RockkxD wrote:Hm, any update on this, Jholic?
i posted this during most students' vacation, so i'm allowing enough time for people to get settled in. we have received quite a few responses, so we will start the selection process in a few weeks. thank you.

ranjitha

Post by ranjitha » Jan 20th, '09, 05:37

yea i was quite surprised to see so little response ,
i thought it will be filled with pages of replies!

ahh in a few weeks huh?
ohhhkay :D

RockkxD

Post by RockkxD » Jan 20th, '09, 20:32

Awesome, great to know that things are soon to wrap up in a couple of weeks. Thanks to you, Jholic!

kevkaho

Post by kevkaho » Jan 20th, '09, 20:52

hi i would be interested in applying for the post under the Japanese section..
Hope everyone gets a chance to help here at DA..

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jan 20th, '09, 21:06

is this thread still continuing?

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jan 22nd, '09, 01:49

3. Seeding and Torrent Comments
I would like to apply for that position. I check the torrent area several times daily.

ranjitha

Post by ranjitha » Feb 4th, '09, 10:27

so how long more? i'm soo impatient! :D

groink

Post by groink » Feb 5th, '09, 03:59

ranjitha wrote:so how long more? i'm soo impatient! :D
Suggestion: your profile settings being totally disabled of everything and fully anonymous doesn't distill any confident in you or your abilities. We'd like to know who our moderators are, including where you're from, the number of posts you've made, whether or not you're on-line, etc. etc. Suggest lifting all the anonymous settings and fully exposing your profile. This is from a former moderator (me) of D-Addicts.

--- groink

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Feb 5th, '09, 04:32

If it's not too late I'd love to apply and help with modding duties. My interests are in jdrama and jpn culture. I usually visit the site several times a day. I'm well aware of the decorum expected of posters on DA. I have modded before in chat rooms etc. Please consider me :rambo:

ranjitha

Post by ranjitha » Feb 5th, '09, 14:48

groink wrote:
ranjitha wrote:so how long more? i'm soo impatient! :D
Suggestion: your profile settings being totally disabled of everything and fully anonymous doesn't distill any confident in you or your abilities. We'd like to know who our moderators are, including where you're from, the number of posts you've made, whether or not you're on-line, etc. etc. Suggest lifting all the anonymous settings and fully exposing your profile. This is from a former moderator (me) of D-Addicts.

--- groink
Groink... OK!
haha
thanks much, I've done done what you told me!

Your advice is very much appreciated. :-)
Do tell me if there is anything else i could change. :D

zita

Post by zita » Feb 5th, '09, 22:36

I also want to apply here :D I wanna help @Seeding and Torrent Comments if it's possible :) Since I'm a PC-addict, I visit this page almost every hour (well it's my start page when I open Firefox ^_^ hehe)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 10th, '09, 07:42

my apologies for the delay. we have had discussions about this already. i'm allowing some time for other decision-makers that cannot visit our site as often. i see us making more progress in about two weeks.

thank you.

topic locked.