Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Vietnamese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 14th, '07, 08:25

calling him a Toad was the nicest thing I would be allow to say to him. He's clearly are making fun make of Viet Nam and Bashing the Japanese for their investments Viet Nam.
Japanese buildings cars/trains and airports are a bad things? he's clearly are commenting a hate crime. He's a coward Toad..

Capt "Nip", May` la` ca'i tha`ng o'c bo`, a(n no'i thieu' hie^u? bie^'t, ma.c ke^. ma'y ca'i tha`ng ma'c hi' nha.t bo?n hie'p da^m trung quo'c roi` qua pha' ru*`ng vietnam dde? ca^'t xe hoi, xe na`y , xe no. ca'i su*' nha^.t cha? c'o ca'i dda't dzi` dde? ma` ham, tui. no' so'ng nho*` mi` goi' va` ca'i nha` ba`ng ca'i chuo`ng nho? ho*n la` heo vietnam so'ng.

Captain Nippon you got cow brain for thoughts, keep your jap infactuation to yourself. I really don't care if japanese build a space station out of vietnam, Vietnam got what they don't have.. space, and quality of life will be always be better if we don't rely on another country, a true vietnamese have some pride and develope his/her own growth.

Living on Nippon instant noodles and living in a house the size of a coffin is not quality of life, japanese knows this and they don't have control of their real estates prices.
Vietnam can, Vietnam can control moderate development and protect what they don't '
have ..Trees. Who cares what the japs have to offer, they are devious group of people..and that is WRITTEN IN History..
I would rather read about how the swedes can help Vietnam, then a bunch of no goods "Asian" who readily use our natural resources and labor for their own good., You speak with your japanese infactuation and you got No Soul, like a Karaoke machine.

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

Capt Nippo

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 14th, '07, 08:41

Captin Nippo

Your history knowledge is conceited as your hollow brain, if you read only 1 side of history,
the fact that american lost 57,000 and that you can't do math, because Vietnam lost more than 2.5millions, plus a few islands, and a wreckage of an economy.

I like how people like you only talk about 1 side and think that's the sunny side.
And i am not an american flag waving fool, but americans do reveal what they've done, I doubt that Vietnam can be brave face about it's record keeping, like what the lost were when Vietnam invade Cambodia. That takes time oh and maybe a little freedom of speech or expression, that's very hard for half of this planet to accept that's a human being trait.

Your japanese obsession is illconceived, I remember a time when Vietnamese refugees couldn't enter Japan, Because japan has a race issue. And I have every right to bash any country with a bad rep of history like Japan.
The fact that japan is denying whatso ever it done in China by teaching it's school children a different sort of history.. is Pure Comedy.
Americans can be brave about what they done, and that is a Side of Democracy on display my friend. Suck it in.

sillykid
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 31st, '05, 22:43
Location: USA

Infactuation?

Post by sillykid » Feb 14th, '07, 18:02

What is this "infactuation" you keep speaking of? I think that both eastingfeasting and captain-nippon know a little about history and economics but your grammar suck. Reading your posts it seems to me that someone gave a smart retard an assignment to write on the history of Vietnam and the effects that history is affecting the current economic relationship between Japan and Vietnam. You guys find information online somewhere and think they're valid evidence and so you start posting it to support your argument: captain-nippon writes for the support of Vietnam and Japan; eastingfeasting, bashes Vietnam and Japan. To have a valid argument, you have to show both sides of the argument and then show why one particular side has an advantage over the other. From what I can see, it seems both of you are set on a particular side and won't look at the other argument. I'm tired of seeing your baseless arguments on the Viet Topic so if you guys can just PM each other or create a new topic I think most people who reads this topic would greatly appreciate it. :thumleft:

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

please englighten us

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 15th, '07, 06:54

Sillykid:
. Reading your posts it seems to me that someone gave a smart retard an assignment to write on the history of Vietnam and the effects that history is affecting the current economic relationship between Japan and Vietnam

Your way off your tree, there's plenty of people like you and like Capt Nippo who makes 1 point argument, then call someone names and think your comment is better than a retard.
Do elaborate on what you know were talking about, if you think I bash Vietnam with your groundless remarks, that makes you the worst fool so far to add your 2cents comment.


bleakreserve
Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 25th, '07, 01:35

Post by bleakreserve » Feb 15th, '07, 08:57

Sillykid has a point easting, and he doesn't even have to elaborate, you guys should take this argument elsewhere. Besides he was talking about you bashing the nihon-viet relationship not vietnam itself.

sillykid
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 31st, '05, 22:43
Location: USA

Post by sillykid » Feb 15th, '07, 23:53

Not only does your grammar skills still suck but your reading comprehension is pretty bad too. I did not state anywhere in my previous post about knowing anything about what you guys are talking about but you seem to think that I know something so that is a compliment to me so thanks for that :D . I was not making an argument but a statement in my post, so again you were wrong in saying that I am making a "1 point argument". And lastly, I wasn't calling anyone names; I just stated that your remarks are just ill conceived, hence the comment of a "smart retard". :P

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Capt Nippo

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 16th, '07, 05:48

eastingfeasting wrote:Captin Nippo And I have every right to bash any country with a bad rep of history like Japan.

Americans can be brave about what they done, and that is a Side of Democracy on display my friend. Suck it in.

America hasn't really revealed all of what they've done. Some facts are still quite hidden from the people.

Ex. My ICS class that i'm taking. I'm learning a lot more of how the Asians were treated here in the early years and they weren't treated any different from the African Americans. Some laws, events, and such i definitely remember were not taught to us in middle school or high school. I doubt i would've ever learned this if i didn't take this class.

Time you start bashing on America. This country isn't all that great when it comes to race relations

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

oh he doesn't know anything

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 16th, '07, 06:25

SillyKid:
Reading your posts it seems to me that someone gave a smart retard an assignment to write on the history of Vietnam and the effects that history is affecting the current economic relationship between Japan and Vietnam. You guys find information online somewhere and think they're valid evidence and so you start posting it to support your argument:

Oh I dont' know anything either, lets just say you guys got your facts from the internet therefore you are a "smart retard",
Of course my grammas are going to suck, bush doesn't care about black people, english isn't for everyone . Hey it's okay ..i go online and say the obvious things too.. so learn your gramas you can save the world one at a time with the right english.
Oh it's a forum lets state my argument in a research approach with thesis and goodies.

What's wrong with saying it's too good to be true about the nips investment in Vietnam, it doesn't hurt anyone with an oppinion but it sure gets them riled up.


eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

oh it's asian time.

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 16th, '07, 06:30

KT Tran:
Time you start bashing on America. This country isn't all that great when it comes to race relations

You know you should go deeper as to why Asian are here in the first place, like weren't they mistreated from their own countries before they came here? Sure life is hard but lets move somewhere and expect everyday to be like disneyland.


User avatar
zey
Posts: 37
Joined: Jan 15th, '06, 21:15
Location: Canada

Post by zey » Feb 16th, '07, 06:55

Let calm down and have a happy lunar new year everyone^^

Chúc mừng năm mới^^

thtlam
Posts: 137
Joined: Feb 17th, '06, 20:46
Location: U.S.A

Post by thtlam » Feb 16th, '07, 07:18

zey wrote:Let calm down and have a happy lunar new year everyone^^

Chúc mừng năm mới^^
I second that...Happy New Year everyone :D

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Feb 16th, '07, 07:19

Cung Mung Nam Moi everyone :D

sillykid
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 31st, '05, 22:43
Location: USA

Post by sillykid » Feb 16th, '07, 08:44

Oh I dont' know anything either, lets just say you guys got your facts from the internet therefore you are a "smart retard",
Well I'm glad that you can at least admit that you are ignorant, because I know I am, and you know that not everything on the internet is based on facts. :thumleft:
Of course my grammas are going to suck, bush doesn't care about black people, English isn't for everyone.
I don't understand why you think that President Bush should be responsible for your education. Its true that the quality of education is not the greatest but that's not completely the education system's fault; you've got to apply yourself in order to achieve anything, so if you don't apply yourself in school how do you expect to become proficient in English? I don't know about you but I believe most of the United States is English speaking, though not always the best.
Hey it's okay ..i go online and say the obvious things too.. so learn your gramas you can save the :scratch: world :scratch: one at a time with the right english.
Most people in the US don't use the proper English so I don't think that's going to be possible. How many world(s) are you wanting to save?:scratch:
Oh it's a forum lets state my argument in a research approach with thesis and goodies.


If you want to write a thesis go ahead, I was just saying that you should base your arguments on facts instead of your opinions mixed into facts.

Other than that Chúc mừng năm mới easting feasting.

jane
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 27th, '05, 10:14

Post by jane » Feb 16th, '07, 18:32

Nam moi?

Ngay mai minh moi don giao thua ma. Sao bay gio da chuc nam moi?

sillykid
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 31st, '05, 22:43
Location: USA

Post by sillykid » Feb 16th, '07, 20:22

I'm just wishing them a happy new year because I feel like it. The year of the dog hasn't been the greatest so I just want it to be the year of the pig already. I'm tired of dog meat :mrgreen: , I want some heo quay. Yummmmmmmm.

Dalida
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 12th, '06, 05:00

Post by Dalida » Feb 16th, '07, 20:38

I am also a Viet.
Chuc mung nam moi tat ca cac ban!

You can see, I am very fluent in writing Vietnamese with no accent!

Cheers!

sillykid
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 31st, '05, 22:43
Location: USA

Post by sillykid » Feb 16th, '07, 20:51

I'm not fluent at all. I just make up stuff and hope it's right.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Feb 16th, '07, 20:54

Chuc Mung Nam Moi!!!!
oh man, i can't wait for this year to end. the year of the dog has given my family many bad lucks so far. i guess it's becuase both my mom and my brother are cat, therefore this year was not their year.
oh...next year will be the year of the pig right, and it is my dad's year. can anyone tell me if it is a good thing or a bad thing.
this is crazy, we're catholics but still depend our lucks on this.


once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR OF THE PIG!!

Dalida
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 12th, '06, 05:00

Post by Dalida » Feb 17th, '07, 01:46

I feel really great for the coming year even though I am myself a pig!
Happiness is in the air and I hope that "Meviet" and all of you had a great year ahead!

I heard that a lot of people want to have a baby in this pig year. I already have 2 and am too old to have another one.

I am in Orange County and the mood over here is very festive...

Cheers!

HQLover
Posts: 40
Joined: Jun 3rd, '06, 06:50

Post by HQLover » Feb 17th, '07, 07:19

Happy New Year everyone! Year of the PIG...
Gambling and red envelopes ! Well more like I give out the red envelopes...suck being older now...I can still rememeber loving Viet New Year because we were allowed two days off from school.

I'm in TEXAS and we 're having a big celebration with dragons dancing, firecrackers, and lot of gambling..

What is everyone else doing at different part of the country and world for NY?

xethereal
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 05:14

Post by xethereal » Feb 18th, '07, 07:11

sillykid, you're kidding about the dog meat part, right? lol

Chuc mung nam moi to everyone too (:

HQLover, really? I never get the new year off, unless it falls during President's week. Red evelopes are awesome though. I`m in Cali, so I know that there's gonna be major firecrackers going off in about one hour. yayyyy

jane
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 27th, '05, 10:14

Post by jane » Feb 18th, '07, 11:48

Chuc Mung Nam Moi!

Nam nay vui qua nhi, vi Viet Nam an Tet truoc may nuoc A Chau khac. Vi sao vay?
Minh cu tuong Tet Ta la tinh theo mat trang. Nhung khong biet Viet Nam tinh ngay nhu the nao?

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 18th, '07, 16:24

xethereal wrote: Chuc mung nam moi to everyone too (:

I`m in Cali, so I know that there's gonna be major firecrackers going off in about one hour. yayyyy

Chuc Mung Nam Moi to everyone here as well.

I don't know if there are viet folks around your neighborhood or not....but if there are, you didn't hear any after midnight??

My uncle was lighting some around 1am :lol :lol

There's going to be fireworks at my family's restaurant @ 9am...about 35 min from now.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Feb 19th, '07, 04:52

jane wrote:Chuc Mung Nam Moi!

Nam nay vui qua nhi, vi Viet Nam an Tet truoc may nuoc A Chau khac. Vi sao vay?
Minh cu tuong Tet Ta la tinh theo mat trang. Nhung khong biet Viet Nam tinh ngay nhu the nao?
i heard that they misprinted the calendar, therefore everyone celebrated it wrong. crazy huh? my family here was getting all frustrated 'cause we were not sure which one is right. my mom was freaking out, but everything is fine now. did you guys have fun on the new year days? i sure ate a lot and have went to several celebrations. :thumleft: :thumright:

HQLover
Posts: 40
Joined: Jun 3rd, '06, 06:50

Post by HQLover » Feb 19th, '07, 14:45

Wow, the weekend was so awesome.

Well, our local church had a little New Year Carnival with lot of gambling. It's so crazy but they were playing Texas Hold'em Poker and I heard it was big money. Some hands were more than 5 thousands. I mean the church racked in 10% of every hand. Can you imagine how much money they racked in the whole three days?

sunshine4ever
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 21st, '04, 21:23
Location: California
Contact:

Post by sunshine4ever » Feb 19th, '07, 15:05

I went to Tet Festival at Garden Grove, but there were other places that offered Tet Festival as well.

Happy New Year, everyone! Nam Moi Vui Ve! Wishing you all the best for this new year.

jane
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 27th, '05, 10:14

Post by jane » Feb 20th, '07, 06:12

meviet wrote: i heard that they misprinted the calendar, therefore everyone celebrated it wrong. crazy huh?
:lol :lol

Tuy vay gia dinh minh van theo lich Trung Hoa don giao thua. Ban be toi nha choi danh bai den sang.
Tet khong co choi bai thi khong vui. :lol

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Feb 21st, '07, 04:22

jane wrote:
meviet wrote: i heard that they misprinted the calendar, therefore everyone celebrated it wrong. crazy huh?
:lol :lol

Tuy vay gia dinh minh van theo lich Trung Hoa don giao thua. Ban be toi nha choi danh bai den sang.
Tet khong co choi bai thi khong vui. :lol
meviet hay choi bai luc con o ben vietnam, bay gio thi khong con choi nua...sigh..
gia dinh meviet khong co di qua nha ai choi het, nhung co di giu tiec o nho tho. and guess what? i had five days weekend right before new year, therefore i had so much time to eat all the food. hehe.. :cheers:

yatrauv
Posts: 12
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 06:32

Post by yatrauv » Feb 22nd, '07, 01:10

Hahahha...I didn't know that there are many Vietnameses in d-addict!!! What a wonderful site!!!!...
Cung Hy Phat Tai...Tien Vo Dai Dai... :wub: :whistling:

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

ah..Years of butt sniffing russians didn't get us anywhere.

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 25th, '07, 00:45

Years of butt sniffing the russians didn't get us to space or a good nuke plant.
but there's good news..from old "master" or friends.

France is willing to build an atomic plant for Vietnam, French lawmakers have told the visiting Vietnamese head of the house science committee.

French Senate President Christian Poncelet further told Chairman Ho Duc Viet of the National Assembly Committee for Science, Technology and Environment that he hoped bilateral cooperation would develop further. He would visit Vietnam as soon as possible, he said.

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

Love, the Systematicly way.

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 25th, '07, 04:37

And in other strange "qua'i la." news

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/22/world ... rides.html

middle age korean men looking for love.
Why can't they all go to thailand like everyone else in the world.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Feb 26th, '07, 05:03

i don't know much about this, but i'm sure this is not even new. it happened all the time. not only koreans but also taiwaneses. i even saw some of these women before they get married. you should be able to see this kind of stuff very often in vietnam, especially at the airport.
Last edited by meviet on Feb 27th, '07, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

my world sucks

Post by eastingfeasting » Feb 26th, '07, 20:28

yeah, if it made it to the new york times thats a wink in the newspaper's audience.
Sure i heard plenty of this before, unfortunately my obscure views of the world makes me think this is another "one of those commodity market "for the "asians" stop by. Of course we seen this through Russia's region and all.
I don't know if its the newspaper or that korean broker's view that makes me think...

"Vietnamese women are not pretty because of the GDP gap."

I gotta hand it to these women, they are brave, and adventurous.
It would mean something if rich korean women pickup a few vietnamese men for their boytoy lol.
The country as a whole should pickup lightspeed market evolution so that it can exude some "vietnamese pride". Who am I kidding..dream on.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Feb 27th, '07, 03:54

i'm not making fun of these women or anything, but when they were able to get married to a korean or taiwanese guy, they behaved strangely. i dunno how to explain it, but it seemed like they were very proud of it or something and they would even give you the strange look as if they were getting married to a millionair.
i was wondering if everyone in vietnam knows anything about the scam of having vietnamese brides as prostitutes in foreign countries, or they just ignored it. but it seems like it is still very common and popular for vietnamese people.

xethereal
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 05:14

Post by xethereal » Feb 27th, '07, 07:51

K.T.Tran wrote: Chuc Mung Nam Moi to everyone here as well.

I don't know if there are viet folks around your neighborhood or not....but if there are, you didn't hear any after midnight??

My uncle was lighting some around 1am :lol :lol

There's going to be fireworks at my family's restaurant @ 9am...about 35 min from now.
late reply, but what i meant was that I posted about an hour before midnight, so that there'd be 15-30 straight minutes of firecrackers at midnight. Wait. That made no sense whatsoever LOL. You're in SJ too? What restaurant? Maybe I'll come by and visit. (:

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

oh that's not new..

Post by eastingfeasting » Mar 1st, '07, 07:08

I can sense that when vietnamese women married white guys,
like after the war, a vietnamese woman has an american hubby is like she's at an upper crust.

there were news of vietnamese girls being sold as prostitute in the weirdest part of the planet, like Russia. Vietnam definitely need some sort of social engineering where they don't do this to one another,. classic case of innocent rural girls and the seller is a middle age pimp from the city.

How often do you hear a Singaporean do this to their own kind?

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 2nd, '07, 02:14

yeah i heard about that too!!!
i read a newspaper one time..actually my mom read the newspaper one time, and she told me that there was one couple who promised to meet each other near the beach or something right, and when the girl arrived she was captured and was taken away to some other country to be prostitute. and everyone should able to tell that who did it right? he sold her out, that a@@hole!!! :cussing:
seriously, people have some conscience!! your own girlfriend? that's just sick, dating supposes to be a good thing. :x
you never know who your bf really is.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 2nd, '07, 02:17

yeah i heard about that too!!!
i read a newspaper one time..actually my mom read the newspaper one time, and she told me that there was one couple who promised to meet each other near a beach or something right, and when the girl arrived she was captured and was taken away to some other country to be prostitute.
everyone should able to tell that who did it right? he sold her, that a@@hole!!! :cussing:
seriously, PEOPLE have some conscience!! your own girlfriend? that's just sick, dating supposes to be a good thing. :x
you never know who your bf really is.

oh..btw, this happened in HANOI.

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 2nd, '07, 02:34

So true but I also heard tat most viet women are just marrying taiwanese men so tat their family can get money since some families are really poor. So it's true tat some viet women think highly of marrying koreans/taiwaneses but some are kind of force into the situation. But the vietnamese brides as prostitutes in foreign countries have been a big issue in the viet papers in my area for awhile now. So sad treating viet women like trash :cussing:

meviet wrote:i'm not making fun of these women or anything, but when they were able to get married to a korean or taiwanese guy, they behaved strangely. i dunno how to explain it, but it seemed like they were very proud of it or something and they would even give you the strange look as if they were getting married to a millionair.
i was wondering if everyone in vietnam knows anything about the scam of having vietnamese brides as prostitutes in foreign countries, or they just ignored it. but it seems like it is still very common and popular for vietnamese people.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 8th, '07, 01:18

Hello!!?!!

where is everyone?

can somebody come up with something we all can talk about?

me first...so, do you plan to visit Vietnam sooner or later?
or
are you enjoying school? :scratch:

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 9th, '07, 01:43

Hehe okay :lol Let's see I was planning on going back to VN this summer but I'm kind of behind for school. So catching up this year and planning on going back next year.

So where do everyone go to when u guys go back to VN? I go back to Long Xuyen, if anyone knows (father's home place) and from there back and forth to Saigon(mother's home place)
meviet wrote:Hello!!?!!

where is everyone?

can somebody come up with something we all can talk about?

me first...so, do you plan to visit Vietnam sooner or later?
or
are you enjoying school? :scratch:

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by K.T.Tran » Mar 9th, '07, 06:16

xethereal wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote: Chuc Mung Nam Moi to everyone here as well.

I don't know if there are viet folks around your neighborhood or not....but if there are, you didn't hear any after midnight??

My uncle was lighting some around 1am :lol :lol

There's going to be fireworks at my family's restaurant @ 9am...about 35 min from now.
late reply, but what i meant was that I posted about an hour before midnight, so that there'd be 15-30 straight minutes of firecrackers at midnight. Wait. That made no sense whatsoever LOL. You're in SJ too? What restaurant? Maybe I'll come by and visit. (:
King EggRoll :mrgreen:

I go there every now and then just to randomly stop by and say hi to some family members and get offered something to drink :lol

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 9th, '07, 22:49

thislove wrote:Hehe okay :lol Let's see I was planning on going back to VN this summer but I'm kind of behind for school. So catching up this year and planning on going back next year.

So where do everyone go to when u guys go back to VN? I go back to Long Xuyen, if anyone knows (father's home place) and from there back and forth to Saigon(mother's home place)
meviet wrote:Hello!!?!!

where is everyone?

can somebody come up with something we all can talk about?

me first...so, do you plan to visit Vietnam sooner or later?
or
are you enjoying school? :scratch:
thank you, you actually replied to my questions.

yeah, i was also wondering where people would like to visit the most, or at least where they will go to when they go back.
for me, since i was born in Saigon, i would like to go to Hanoi and Hue to see all the temples and where all the royalties used to live. but mainly, the food and shopping.

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 10th, '07, 02:47

Haha u're welcome :D Oh tat's cool tat u were born in Saigon. Yeah, I would want to go see all those big nice temples in VN as well. Yep, the food and shopping gotta be in there as well :cheers:

meviet wrote:
thislove wrote:Hehe okay :lol Let's see I was planning on going back to VN this summer but I'm kind of behind for school. So catching up this year and planning on going back next year.

So where do everyone go to when u guys go back to VN? I go back to Long Xuyen, if anyone knows (father's home place) and from there back and forth to Saigon(mother's home place)
meviet wrote:Hello!!?!!

where is everyone?

can somebody come up with something we all can talk about?

me first...so, do you plan to visit Vietnam sooner or later?
or
are you enjoying school? :scratch:
thank you, you actually replied to my questions.

yeah, i was also wondering where people would like to visit the most, or at least where they will go to when they go back.
for me, since i was born in Saigon, i would like to go to Hanoi and Hue to see all the temples and where all the royalties used to live. but mainly, the food and shopping.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 10th, '07, 17:53

and where were you born? i left vietnam when i was 10, so i still able to remember something about the city. however, i don't remember any streets or stores, even the direction to my house. accept for some shopping places. :whistling:

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 10th, '07, 21:21

I was born in California, U.S.A so yeah don't know any roads/streets in VN. I went to VN four times already and everytime I go it just gets more different. I don't know any directions to the shopping malls so I just go where my cousins and aunts takes me :roll Yeah, I'm lost in my own country :whistling: Tat's cool that u can still remember bits and pieces of VN cuz I can't really seem to relate when I go back there. I feel like a tourist sometime and it's my parent's native country.:scratch: Sad huh?

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 11th, '07, 00:42

thislove wrote:I was born in California, U.S.A so yeah don't know any roads/streets in VN. I went to VN four times already and everytime I go it just gets more different. I don't know any directions to the shopping malls so I just go where my cousins and aunts takes me :roll Yeah, I'm lost in my own country :whistling: Tat's cool that u can still remember bits and pieces of VN cuz I can't really seem to relate when I go back there. I feel like a tourist sometime and it's my parent's native country.:scratch: Sad huh?

oh, that's nice. i have not been back to vietnam for 6 years already. i think you might know the streets better than i do. even my mom could not recognize anything from vietnam when she returned last year. i would be totally lost if i have to return by myself. :pale:

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 11th, '07, 04:26

Haha it seems like me and you are the only two people in this forum exchanging our thoughts about VN :roll Well, even though I went to VN four times already I still can't memorize the roads, it's so crowded in Saigon tat's why. Everything seems so fast pace, like NY.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 11th, '07, 04:42

yeah, i know. i was thinking about that too. we're the only people talking, that's so sad.

you are four years older than me, hah? so are you in college now? if so, which one is it?

i'm a junior and still trying to look for the right college. i'm so stress with all these stuff. even though i still have one more year, i don't really enjoy getting older. it's not fun at all. especially when i won't have enough time to watch dramas and/or talk about it with people on the d-addicts.com, after i graduate. :whistling:
well, i do enjoy school since it is just high school, i wish everything will be just like this when i go to college.

what about you?

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 11th, '07, 17:52

Haha true :lol I remember when I was a junior in high school I wanted to be 18 so bad. :scratch: Now I'm twenty and I want time to stop, getting so old and still haven't got a bf. hehe

anyway, I go to U.C Davis and yes college takes up a lot of ur time. Have to have time management and I dont quite have tat down yet. :scratch: It's hard but lets just say if u put out the effort u'll eventually get through. I'm not very happy w/myself ever since I went to college. I have been lazy probably cuz of all the freedom I have from being away from home. :whistling: Well, u still have another year to decide but dont slack senior yr, tat's wat I did and I was so scared Davis was going to take back my admission. :crazy: Pulled through tho :cheers: I'm a biochem. major so I guess u can say it's hard with all the premed. I have to compete w/to get the grades.And it's not working :whistling:

About watching dramas, yeah u dont really have time :cry: kinda sad. Well, u can watch it when winter break or spring break comes around. Or summer if u chose not to attend summer school :salut:

Have u got some colleges in mind to apply to yet? Wat r u planning on majoring in? Maybe I can give u some suggestions? :roll
meviet wrote:yeah, i know. i was thinking about that too. we're the only people talking, that's so sad.

you are four years older than me, hah? so are you in college now? if so, which one is it?

i'm a junior and still trying to look for the right college. i'm so stress with all these stuff. even though i still have one more year, i don't really enjoy getting older. it's not fun at all. especially when i won't have enough time to watch dramas and/or talk about it with people on the d-addicts.com, after i graduate. :whistling:
well, i do enjoy school since it is just high school, i wish everything will be just like this when i go to college.

what about you?

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 12th, '07, 05:14

see, that's the problem. i can't decide what i want to become. my teachers have given so much information about different careers and all, but the more choices i have the harder i have to choose. that's why i'm so worry. if i know what i want to become or major in, i can decide easily. :crazy:

but as far as i know, i'm kind of interest in criminology, or forensic. but i suck at science. :whistling:

so cool that you're major in biochem. i believe it must be really hard. well, good luck with your study. :thumleft:

xethereal
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 05:14

Post by xethereal » Mar 13th, '07, 06:07

meviet, i feel your pain. lol. i'm also a junior, and still totally undecided on what i'm planning for college. which one to go to, what major, what kind of enviroment i'd like to be in, etc. i'm having trouble keeping up with my dramas already; imagine what it'd be like in college @_@;; i'm leaning towards a biology related major, possibly biochem/biotech. at one point, i was contemplating a career as a pediatrictian .. but my grades aren't the best in the world. >_>;;

thislove, you go to uc davis? i have a cousin there. i THINK she's a junior. haha. i don't even remember. cool, you're a biochem major. what kind of classes did you take in hs to get there? any advice? xD

gahh SATs & APs are taking over my life. is that happening to you too, meviet? we can sit and wallow in the impending doom of standardized testing. lol.

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 14th, '07, 01:00

OH YEAH!! SAT and ACT are evil. Can they leave you time to breath!?!

About my grades, I suck as always.
I’ve been asking people this question so many time, but do you think over studied will get you bad grades anyway?
That’s what happened to me, when I actually studied hard; I still ended up with a "not so good" grade, which is so sad... :crazy: :scratch:

what classes are you taking right now? i think i don't have that many AP classes, in facts, i only have one this year. :-(

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 14th, '07, 01:14

Well, tat's okay if u're unsure cuz the first two yrs of college is for u to actually take some classes and decide wat's rite and wat's not for u. Dont worry, I'm pretty sure u'll find something of interest like criminology u said. :roll Tat seems cool like in CSI or Without A Trace. :D

I totally understand wat u mean about studying and it not paying off. :cussing: I'm always in the situation :glare:
meviet wrote:see, that's the problem. i can't decide what i want to become. my teachers have given so much information about different careers and all, but the more choices i have the harder i have to choose. that's why i'm so worry. if i know what i want to become or major in, i can decide easily. :crazy:

but as far as i know, i'm kind of interest in criminology, or forensic. but i suck at science. :whistling:

so cool that you're major in biochem. i believe it must be really hard. well, good luck with your study. :thumleft:

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 14th, '07, 01:23

Oh u're interested in biochem. tat's great. Just let me warn u it's pretty difficult but don't get discourage. Like I said before if u put out the effort u'll get through eventually. Wat kind of classes to take in preparation. I would say focus on more biology than chemistry because the general chem. tat u have to take in college(well in Davis at least) isn't tat hard. The o-chem. is wat kills u. Yeah, take AP bio. if possible and big help and math try to understand calculus in h.s and it'll be a breeze in college.

I did a lot of activities in h.s as well, like ROTC, MESA, leadership, badminton and AP courses. Just be well rounded and take math all four yrs in h.s don't slack ur senior yr cuz one of my friend dropped math her senior yr cuz she wanted to relax and a lot of colleges didn't accept here. :crazy: Just a heads up. Well, good luck to u on those SAT and ACT exam, I hated those so I feel ur pain :argue:

xethereal wrote:meviet, i feel your pain. lol. i'm also a junior, and still totally undecided on what i'm planning for college. which one to go to, what major, what kind of enviroment i'd like to be in, etc. i'm having trouble keeping up with my dramas already; imagine what it'd be like in college @_@;; i'm leaning towards a biology related major, possibly biochem/biotech. at one point, i was contemplating a career as a pediatrictian .. but my grades aren't the best in the world. >_>;;

thislove, you go to uc davis? i have a cousin there. i THINK she's a junior. haha. i don't even remember. cool, you're a biochem major. what kind of classes did you take in hs to get there? any advice? xD

gahh SATs & APs are taking over my life. is that happening to you too, meviet? we can sit and wallow in the impending doom of standardized testing. lol.

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 14th, '07, 01:27

I hope those advices helped if not so sorry and if I remember anything else in my h.s days I'll make sure to mention it. Right now, back to studying for my finals.

thtlam
Posts: 137
Joined: Feb 17th, '06, 20:46
Location: U.S.A

Post by thtlam » Mar 14th, '07, 01:44

thislove wrote:I hope those advices helped if not so sorry and if I remember anything else in my h.s days I'll make sure to mention it. Right now, back to studying for my finals.
good luck on your finals!!!! I have finals too and btw I attend U.C. Davis too :D I have one final this friday for o-chem and urg all those reactions that you have to know is killing me :cussing:

xethereal
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 05:14

Post by xethereal » Mar 14th, '07, 02:01

<33 thanks for the advice. it's definatly gonna help me plan for senior year. i would have taken ap bio this year, but i took physics freshman year, and that totally messed everything up. T_T;;;

this year, i'm taking ap us history and ap english language [i HATEEEE this class. my gpa drops so badly *cries*] i'm planning for ap bio, ap calc, and either ap english lit or ap econ/gov. still undecided.

yeah. my cousin was telling me that o-chem is a total pain the butt. D: i need more extra curricular activities ...

User avatar
meviet
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by meviet » Mar 14th, '07, 03:44

now i feel bad. after i read all your advices i started to realize how much more i still need to do to prepare for college. and everything you mentioned is like "WHOA!??!" to me.
but thank you for the advices, it did help a lot, but i'm not sure if i still have that much time to complete all of these.
sounds like my ap chemistry is nothing compare to your classes. and guess what, i'm suffering from it, too. imagine how i would do in college... :pale:

btw, it's so nice to be able to share my concerns and get advices from other people. IT'S REALLY NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!!! (uhm...a bit late) :mrgreen:

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 15th, '07, 06:20

Oh take AP English Lit. it looks better and will be helpful in college. Plus, I took AP eco/gov. and it wasn't even required for my major. :scratch: A waste anyway. Just letting u know but feel free to take both if u like.

xethereal wrote:<33 thanks for the advice. it's definatly gonna help me plan for senior year. i would have taken ap bio this year, but i took physics freshman year, and that totally messed everything up. T_T;;;

this year, i'm taking ap us history and ap english language [i HATEEEE this class. my gpa drops so badly *cries*] i'm planning for ap bio, ap calc, and either ap english lit or ap econ/gov. still undecided.

yeah. my cousin was telling me that o-chem is a total pain the butt. D: i need more extra curricular activities ...

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 15th, '07, 06:23

OMG I just noticed u're 20 yrs old as well which means ur a 2nd yr. How cool and taking o-chem. Which one r u taking? Man, we mite even be in the same class and not even know. Tat's cool. Okay thanks and good luck on ur finals as well. :cheers:
thtlam wrote:
thislove wrote:I hope those advices helped if not so sorry and if I remember anything else in my h.s days I'll make sure to mention it. Right now, back to studying for my finals.
good luck on your finals!!!! I have finals too and btw I attend U.C. Davis too :D I have one final this friday for o-chem and urg all those reactions that you have to know is killing me :cussing:

PhimTau1
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 6th, '07, 08:52

Jang Nara and Nhu Quynh

Post by PhimTau1 » Mar 15th, '07, 06:48

Chao tat ca cac ban Viet tren the gioi! Co ai o day co phim hay la nhac cua Korean actress and singer Jang Nara? Hay la ca si Nhu Quynh khong? Please hook me up. Thanks in advance. Jang Nara is so cute and Nhu Quynh, well what can I say, one of the beauties of Vietnamese girls!

Thanks,
PhimTau

xethereal
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 05:14

Post by xethereal » Mar 15th, '07, 07:16

thislove wrote:Oh take AP English Lit. it looks better and will be helpful in college. Plus, I took AP eco/gov. and it wasn't even required for my major. :scratch: A waste anyway. Just letting u know but feel free to take both if u like.
We're doing scheduling right now, and so it's time for me to choose classes. AP Lit? =/ I'm struggling though AP Language right now, so I'm not sure if Lit would be the best choice for me. My school only offers AP Gov, no AP Econ. LOL weird, I know. Right now, I'm leaning towards taking AP Bio, AP Calc AB, AP Gov/Normal Econ, and English 4. My elective is optional, but it'd probably be either Psychology or Viet 2/3. If I only have four classes [5 periods], then I'm contemplating on taking an afternoonish class at a community college. :/ Still deciding.

eastingfeasting
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 16:45

Is it me, I feel bothered by Angelina Jolie.

Post by eastingfeasting » Mar 16th, '07, 05:09

what's with all the asian kids adoption?

Hopefully someday, americans will come to Vietnam for jobs and hopefully someday vietnanese will adopt some american kids.

oh yeah, and hopefully it will make the same junk news that is happening now.

Hey Angelina, why don't you go to New Orleans and adopt a few black babies too, they'r ein much dire needs.
you glam whore jackass.

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 16th, '07, 20:41

Well, I don't think u need to take AP English Lit. then cuz tat's a hella load of AP courses to be taking in one yr(AP bio, AP Cal. AB and AP Gov/econ). :crazy: Well, don't stress urself too much. :D

xethereal wrote:
thislove wrote:Oh take AP English Lit. it looks better and will be helpful in college. Plus, I took AP eco/gov. and it wasn't even required for my major. :scratch: A waste anyway. Just letting u know but feel free to take both if u like.
We're doing scheduling right now, and so it's time for me to choose classes. AP Lit? =/ I'm struggling though AP Language right now, so I'm not sure if Lit would be the best choice for me. My school only offers AP Gov, no AP Econ. LOL weird, I know. Right now, I'm leaning towards taking AP Bio, AP Calc AB, AP Gov/Normal Econ, and English 4. My elective is optional, but it'd probably be either Psychology or Viet 2/3. If I only have four classes [5 periods], then I'm contemplating on taking an afternoonish class at a community college. :/ Still deciding.

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Re: Jang Nara and Nhu Quynh

Post by thislove » Mar 16th, '07, 20:44

Hmm...I don't quite know where but my sister has this site called vietlove.com r something. Maybe u should check it out lots of viet. stuff there and kdramas too. :D
PhimTau1 wrote:Chao tat ca cac ban Viet tren the gioi! Co ai o day co phim hay la nhac cua Korean actress and singer Jang Nara? Hay la ca si Nhu Quynh khong? Please hook me up. Thanks in advance. Jang Nara is so cute and Nhu Quynh, well what can I say, one of the beauties of Vietnamese girls!

Thanks,
PhimTau

PhimTau1
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 6th, '07, 08:52

Re: Jang Nara and Nhu Quynh

Post by PhimTau1 » Mar 17th, '07, 22:26

thislove wrote:Hmm...I don't quite know where but my sister has this site called vietlove.com r something. Maybe u should check it out lots of viet. stuff there and kdramas too. :D
PhimTau1 wrote:Chao tat ca cac ban Viet tren the gioi! Co ai o day co phim hay la nhac cua Korean actress and singer Jang Nara? Hay la ca si Nhu Quynh khong? Please hook me up. Thanks in advance. Jang Nara is so cute and Nhu Quynh, well what can I say, one of the beauties of Vietnamese girls!

Thanks,
PhimTau
Thank you thislove for the site. It seems all they have is Viet stuff, so far I could not find any Nhu Quynh nor Kdrama, but I'll give it more time and get use to the site, hopefully I'll find what I need. thank you again!

twinkletwinkle
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 1st, '07, 01:17

Post by twinkletwinkle » Mar 17th, '07, 22:59

hey guys...and girls...viet pride...haha...i knew there were a lot of viets that watch korean drama..i mean who wouldnt..haha..

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by K.T.Tran » Mar 18th, '07, 15:54

twinkletwinkle wrote:hey guys...and girls...viet pride...haha...i knew there were a lot of viets that watch korean drama..i mean who wouldnt..haha..

I prefer Korean movies over Korean dramas :P :mrgreen:

User avatar
Heartsword
Posts: 48
Joined: Nov 12th, '06, 03:25
Location: Canada

Post by Heartsword » Mar 20th, '07, 05:21

Oh cool, there is a Vietnamese section here..YAY :wub:

I prefer Korean dramas over Korean movies, just because if it's a good drama than it's longer and so, I get to spend more "time" with the characters :lol

Korean movies, however, have gotten VERY good within the past 2-3 years. The plot and direction of K-films are far superior than that of their Japanese and HK counterparts. It's no wonder that brilliant films such as "Tale of Two Sisters" and "Il Mare" have been picked up by Hollywood.

User avatar
gummonster
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 14th, '06, 19:00
Location: USA

Post by gummonster » Mar 21st, '07, 00:33

Have anyone here seen MY BOSS MY HERO?. omg, i'm like so adicited to it. I love it so much. it's like the best ever, dude.

User avatar
K.T.Tran
Posts: 367
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:07
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by K.T.Tran » Mar 21st, '07, 13:20

Heartsword wrote:
Korean movies, however, have gotten VERY good within the past 2-3 years. The plot and direction of K-films are far superior than that of their Japanese and HK counterparts. It's no wonder that brilliant films such as "Tale of Two Sisters" and "Il Mare" have been picked up by Hollywood.
They planning on making an American remake of My Sassy Girl as well :roll :roll :roll


They did do Ring and Grudge already... :roll :roll :roll


All in all....either Americans are running out of ideas or they just wanna use good Asian movies and put it in the hands of a good director to make good money....the easy way out.

thislove
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 3rd, '06, 01:47
Location: California, USA

Post by thislove » Mar 22nd, '07, 03:41

Oh I'm planning on watching tat but rite now I'm current addicted to Hanadan2 :wub:
gummonster wrote:Have anyone here seen MY BOSS MY HERO?. omg, i'm like so adicited to it. I love it so much. it's like the best ever, dude.

User avatar
surrealistic-destiny
Posts: 135
Joined: Nov 9th, '05, 01:24
Location: australia ^____^

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Mar 22nd, '07, 16:34

K.T.Tran wrote:
Heartsword wrote:
Korean movies, however, have gotten VERY good within the past 2-3 years. The plot and direction of K-films are far superior than that of their Japanese and HK counterparts. It's no wonder that brilliant films such as "Tale of Two Sisters" and "Il Mare" have been picked up by Hollywood.
They planning on making an American remake of My Sassy Girl as well :roll :roll :roll


They did do Ring and Grudge already... :roll :roll :roll


All in all....either Americans are running out of ideas or they just wanna use good Asian movies and put it in the hands of a good director to make good money....the easy way out.
True. :D

Hollywood IS running out of ideas.. >: D

Hmmm.. it seems they are thinking of doing a remark of One Missed Call and Battle Royale. Am curious to see how it turns out.

Urgh.. a remake of II Mare? I'm already cringing at the thought D:
Since II Mare is one of my favourites :3

xethereal
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 05:14

Post by xethereal » Mar 23rd, '07, 03:02

surrealistic-destiny wrote: Urgh.. a remake of II Mare? I'm already cringing at the thought D:
Since II Mare is one of my favourites :3
It's already out. Since last year, I think. T_T;; The Lake House with Sandra Bullock & Keanu Reeves. Haven't watched it because I don't want to see how badly it was butchered. LOL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest