Vietnamese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Vietnamese D-Addicts

Post by mangosteen » Sep 19th, '05, 06:13

Hi everyone,

There have been many communities here at d-addicts. So I think why not make one for us, Viet community?

Welcome to this thread! Please share your opinions here.

TheInnKeeper

Post by TheInnKeeper » Sep 19th, '05, 06:39

Love the site.

Calisunshine

Post by Calisunshine » Sep 19th, '05, 06:40

Xin Chao` Moi. Ngu*o*i` ,
Calisunshine da^y cung~ la` Viet.
Chuc' Ca'c ban. vui ve~ :D

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 19th, '05, 12:18

Hi there ^^ I 'm also vietnamese.... but I am an vietnamese girl living in Germany ^^

nhung ma me viet tieng viet very bad .

haha

have fun viet bros and sisters

I

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 20th, '05, 02:27

hey all u vietnamese ppl!!

im a proud viet too :D ! i was born n raised in australia... i knoe how to speak n listen to vietnamese but cant read/write it even if my life depended on it!! :lol
havent been back to vietnam b4..... :-( have you all been back??? i heard apparently the atmosphere there isnt that nice.... :scratch: well i wouldnt knoe.....

do you all listen to viet music?? honestly no offence but i find viet music very hard to listen to..... :crazy:

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Sep 20th, '05, 02:40

CaptainNippon here. I am viet and living in Toronto. But I dislike Korean dramas cause they have the worst storyline and bad actors or actresses.

don't people get bore of watching this kinda craps from korea? I mean every drama is the same thing over and over again. Rich guy poor girl or 2 guys and 2 girls. IT's really stupid and unoriginal if you ask me.

However, Korean movies are excellent. Great actors and actresses. I just don't understand why korea can make good movies and made bad drama at the same times.

Korean women are HOT.

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 20th, '05, 03:17

captain-nippon wrote:CaptainNippon here. I am viet and living in Toronto. But I dislike Korean dramas cause they have the worst storyline and bad actors or actresses.

don't people get bore of watching this kinda craps from korea? I mean every drama is the same thing over and over again. Rich guy poor girl or 2 guys and 2 girls. IT's really stupid and unoriginal if you ask me.

However, Korean movies are excellent. Great actors and actresses. I just don't understand why korea can make good movies and made bad drama at the same times.

Korean women are HOT.

i do agree with you with korean movies are excellent but i would have to disagree with you about the korean dramas have the worst storyline... for example Misa Im sorry i love you... i believe that story line was rather well, it wasnt your typical rich boy poor girl, 2 guys/ 2 girls. PLus dont u notice most of the actor and actress are in dramas and also MOVIES.? eg. Kwon Sang-Woo in My Tutor Friend and Stairway to heaven???
:lol

Korean Men are HOT!!!! =)~

vcdz

Post by vcdz » Sep 20th, '05, 03:40

hi y'all
lots of peeps keep using the same cliche " proud to be viet" and ****, but how could you be proud if you dun speak, read, write, and think like viet ppl do?
i left vn long time ago. haven't been back yet! not bcuz of
the atmosphere there isnt that nice
but 'cuz of those bastards vc! anyway, xin cha`o ta^'t ca? bacon...

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Sep 20th, '05, 03:45

Anyone met Nhu Quynh? the Vietnamese singer living in the US Of A. She comes to Toronto a lot nowaday. She's really good looking.

anyway back to Korean drama, it's OK to have a rich guy poor girl story, but a lot of korean drama have this type of story. Not to mention they drag the story longer than it needs to be.

Stairway to heaven???

ARe you kidding me? I wouldn't even fimish the 10th or 11th episode. It was soooooo stupid. I stop watching this show, I just can't stand it.

Remember when Choi Ji Won regain her memory and she was chasing that rich guy in the theme park, and she keep chasing him like it was no tomorrow. Each time she come close to him she would lose some distance between them. All she has to do was CALL out his NAME really LOUD to get his attention. Finally when they met up she has nothing to say to him. Stupid.

Watching this show is like watching a sequel to Winter Sonata. It's exactly the same storyline and a lot more annoying.

""""""""""""""""""Korean Men are HOT!!!! =)~"""""""""'

Well, I am trying to get into Sad Sonata, the poor guy is OK but the rich guy is UGLY. The worst part is that he try to act COOL. Ugly guy trying to be cool, now that's annoying.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Sep 20th, '05, 03:52

""""""""""""but 'cuz of those bastards vc!"""""""""""''

Hey Southern boy, my father was a VC shitface. and you know the differences between you and me? I am a son of the Patriots and you're the son of a traditor.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Sep 20th, '05, 04:03

captain-nippon and vcdz...
Please refrain from bashing each other. We are all Vietnamese here... why the prejudice against your own race? Bad way to start off this "Vietnamese Community." -_-^

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Sep 20th, '05, 04:53

he started it.

But I agree with you. All viets should unite. Afterall, Vietnam is one country not 2, unlike korea.

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 20th, '05, 11:05

@vcdz

I am also proud of being Viet.... I can speak the language, I can listen to, I can read it but I can't write it. And I am sure as a german vietnamese girl I am not able to think like a viet vietnamese. But still I am proud of being vietnamese. I am proud because my family is holding together, going through each bad and great time, I am proud of vietnamese dishes, I am proud of my familys story, I am proud of my mother because she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, I am proud of my lil sister and my brothers because they keep up the viet tradition, I am proud of the beauty of the scenery in VN, I am proud of the history of my family.... etc It may be sure that u know more about our country because u once lived there.... but I guess those who were raised in another country never made their own decision

How can u tell me not to be proud of what I am?

@bwena87 If u are really vietnamese I am sure u will love AND hate the atmosphere.
When I first stepped out of the airplane I apperceived everything around me. The first things I thought were.... this is my fist time breathing vietnamese air, the air my family was breathing before me, it's the first time I step on vietnamese ground ..... the ground my family used to walk on, and while sitting in a taxi driving through Saigon, I felt like my heart was exploding. I even cried, but I can't describe what I felt at that time. It was horrorfying seeing the poor people, kids and so on. But I also saw so many things I loved .... I still have a lot of family in Vietnam and when I first met my grands I knew I was home. I don't know how you'd feel if you'll see VN the first time....
You'll be shocked if you see the scars and the poverty of our country but at the same time you'll enjoy the food, you'll love driving mofa, you'll shop till you drop and so much more. there are both.... things you will love to death and things you will hate to death.
Me, I think the positive aspects are overweighing for sure!!

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Sep 20th, '05, 11:38

I know a Vietnamese community like this shall eventually be started. After all, I guess Vietnamese people make a pretty large portion here at D-addicts, be it in Vn or all around the world. I was reluctant to join this because I don't wanna see a battle between people arguing about Vn and commies and such. I feel as if we are divided yet again, even though there's Vietnamese blood running through our veins but we talk like we hate each other. Let's refrain from talking about something so unpleansant like that.

Anyway, I'm Vietnamese too and currently residing in the US. I used to live in Saigon, Vn and just came to the US 4 years ago. So of course, I can speak Vietnamese very fluently, lol.

Những bạn nào có thể đọc tiếng Việt, chào tất cả các bạn :)... Lâu rồi hổng viết tiếng Việt, thấy ngứa tay nên đánh đại vài ba dòng, hè hè...

Are we talking about Kdramas and Kmovies?? I agree with captain-nippon about Kdramas. Kmovies on the other hand are excellent and I can't deny that. It's just the drama that I don't like. There always seems to have love triangle, some evil persons, a love contract (?!!), yadda yadda and things drag on and on and on...

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Sep 20th, '05, 19:35

amrayu wrote:captain-nippon and vcdz...
Please refrain from bashing each other. We are all Vietnamese here... why the prejudice against your own race? Bad way to start off this "Vietnamese Community." -_-^
I should have thought of this conflict when starting this community thread :-(

Anyway, we're here because we love dramas, aren't we? Please respect and help each other.

IceThy, I'm proud of you and your thoughts!!!!! :P

flynvballer

Powered by Nam?

Post by flynvballer » Sep 20th, '05, 20:00

wussup my vietnamese compatriots, how is everyone 2day?? I'd love to hear a vietnamese person speak another language besides english/viet/french, guess there are many viet ppl from all around the world here dats great.

anywho, yeah I guess some korean dramas are really bad it just totally gets me frustrated watching it... i started watching winter sonata over a year ago and am only on ep3. Lovers in Paris took me 10 years to watch lol (exaggerating). Prince's First love was/is brutal. Yes like that fellow viet guy bashing ppl on this thread some korean dramas just lick balls.

But dat doesnt discount the fact that korean dramas OWN a lot more than our WHITE entertainment? u guys know what i mean. I cant stand 2 hour movies anymore, not enuff tome for character development and i duno 2 hours is so short for me ever since i started watching dramas. I dont even turn on my TV anymore except to watch news or sports, stopped watching regular TV shows all together., maybe once in awhile. But yea i know some ppl HATE korean dramas like that guy but the majority of the ppl who've seen korean dramas like it, i know dat cuz i have a bunch of friends who go... dude ur gay u watch this crap, or ppl are like ehhh im not interested, but once i give them FULL HOUSE they usually always finish in 2 days. U just cant go wrong with full house.

yes the love story is always the same blah blah....yes some are crappy but the good ones totally make up for the bad ones. Sure they always have the rich guy, the poor girl, the parents, the cancer, the piggy back rides but hey if its in every single drama and ppl are addicted to it... i guess they arent doing anything wrong are they? my 2cents

lexis8609

Post by lexis8609 » Sep 20th, '05, 20:25

hey guys, it's so good to see some vietnamese people here. I've been living in Germany for more than 10 years now and I think I can proudly say that it's great to be vietnamese. since I still speak and write V. I guess that knowing how to speak and understand V. helps u to understand a lot more from the country and culture. moreover it takes away the superficial view on everything about V..
so considering K-dramas I have to agree with some of u that the storyline is often monotonous but that just cannot keep me from watching them. I am just sooooooo addicted.

sind da vielleicht noch einige aus deutschland? ein riiiiiiiiiesiges hallo an euch!!!

Post by Guest » Sep 20th, '05, 20:43

Xin chao tat ca!

Glad to find this thread. I can speak, read & write Vietnamese. Been here in the US for a while. Glad that so many of you are proud of being Vietnamese regardless of your background and the circumstances around you.

Personally, I love K-dramas. True majority of the story is is predictable but the cute actor & actresses is so good looking it sort of make up for it. I watched for pure entertainment so I'm not critical about the story line.

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 20th, '05, 22:06

IceThy, I'm proud of you and your thoughts!!!!!
harhar :lol

@lexis bin auch aus deutschland. Dafür gibts aber ein extra thread!! ;)

You're right if u say that most kdramas are resemblant. But there are some real good dramas among these series.... You just have to pick out the good ones. Like I'm sorry I love you as somebody already mentioned or damo or Fullhouse.
You just have to avoid series like summer scents or stairway to heaven.........^^

oh and I forgot to mention that I was born here in Germany. So I am really a german vietnamese girl. My story is more or less like.... hmm I'll put it in 5 words
Mummy--> Vietnam--> Boat people--> Germany--> ME!!!

Post by guest » Sep 20th, '05, 22:21

captain-nippon wrote:""""""""""""but 'cuz of those bastards vc!"""""""""""''

Hey Southern boy, my father was a VC shitface. and you know the differences between you and me? I am a son of the Patriots and you're the son of a traditor.
ugh... nguo`i Viet vo'i nhau ma` ky` thi. Nam vo'i Ba'c... "thang la`m vua, thua la`m giac" I hate this Vietnamese sentiment ... thu` dai qua' ddi, nhu va^.y ma` go.i la` united country.

KarmaTran

Post by KarmaTran » Sep 20th, '05, 22:34

hi all vietnamese fans in here...great to know all of you...
I am also vietnamese...and live in NJ

tran05

Post by tran05 » Sep 20th, '05, 22:51

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to know there is a large Viet community here on d-addicts. I'm also a Vietnamese. I love Korean drama and actors, actresses very much, that's how I came to this site. I think this is an excellent source for K-drama. Everyone seems to be nice sharing the drama and comments/thoughts about actor, actresses.

Look forward for more drama on this site.

Cheers!

Tran05

Pocky

Post by Pocky » Sep 21st, '05, 18:09

Hello,

I'm also Vietnamese (that's why I'm here, right ??), born in Hong-Kong, live in France, understand, speak, read and write vietnamese (as I went to vietnamese classes since little with all the vietnamese kids in my town !!).

My addiction for the Kdramas started like one year ago when I saw the sitcom New Non Stop on Arirang TV (for those who know) and then, my brother made me discover Kmovies !!! and............WOUAAAAOUHHHH !!! my first movie was My Sassy Girl and it was a real pleasure to watch it....then lot and lot of other movies followed and I began to get interested on the Korean actors and actresses and then KDRAMAS !! I was sooooo into it but after watching, watching and watching, there are sooo many stuffs that come bck again and again. I think that's Kdramas are special compared to what I used to watch in here, in Europe and that's why, it's really attractive but after, like twenty Kdramas, it's a little bit .......tiring !!lol.
But, don't worry, .....as I have just begun Jdoramas (that's also particular in their own ways), I'm really really far from getting bored !!! :P

LittleTrangie

Post by LittleTrangie » Sep 22nd, '05, 02:44

Yello fellow vietnamese :D

Some background info on me: I was born in Hong Kong, but raised in the U.S. I can understand and read pretty well. But speaking and writing is another thing. heh

I'd have to disagree with you guys, I love Kdramas! Especially the ones that can make me cry. Sure there are some bad ones, but in every kind of drama there's bound to be some bad ones. Kinda like Attic Cat..the horror that was. Though Kim Jae(or is it Rae? I get confused) Won was worth it.

And I guess that's all. Time to sleep. Ngủ ngon nhè. :lol

KarmaTran

Post by KarmaTran » Sep 22nd, '05, 02:51

chao` tat ca cac fan viet nam in here...
love this site!!!

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 22nd, '05, 03:32

what is your favourite viet food??? :lol

mine is bun bo hue!!! :D sooo nice =)~ making me hungry now.....

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 22nd, '05, 21:20

PHO!!!!! I love Pho..... I could eat it everyday..... But I am also crazy about Mi Goi tom from mama haha....

hhmm .... Goi cuon!!! Bun thit nuong!! ban cuon........ oh damn I'm so hungry XD

SwtVi3tGurl

Post by SwtVi3tGurl » Sep 23rd, '05, 03:21

im viet too... :D

nice to meet everyone :D

my fave food is PHO..XDD

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 23rd, '05, 10:36

yay, i finally find a viet community that does not speak viet 100%, that is good.
about me,
im a boy , 20 years of age, live in Australia, Sydney, currently studying at UNSW.

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 23rd, '05, 11:46

Hey dantruon ur welcome ^^

Got alot of ralatives out there in sydney...... :)

trangsibt

Post by trangsibt » Sep 23rd, '05, 11:57

hi everybody! This is the 1st time I post reply in here because i'm a new member! I'm Vietnamese as well! Nice 2 meet u all! I'm in Australia!

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 23rd, '05, 12:00

IceThy wrote:Hey dantruon ur welcome ^^

Got alot of ralatives out there in sydney...... :)
you are so lucky living in Germany, THE WORLD CUP is on next year, i wish i was there, watching Australia play, even though they havent qualiified yet. But nothing wrong with dreaming about it. :-(

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 23rd, '05, 12:36

lol ur welcome here in germany.... I'm sure we'll have some rice left over and a place to sleep XD
So u don't have to worry if u might find a place to stay or not hehe
we can also exchange our home for a couple of weeks..... Think about it :D

trangsibt welcome on board!

tudaobietbuon

Post by tudaobietbuon » Sep 24th, '05, 04:13

hello all...it's too obvious that i'm viet right .. (heheh ...my nick) aniway.... just wanna say hello...i didn't know that we have so much Viet in here....
btw...i'm from US ... sacto, anyone from here???

HaPPi3LayDee

Post by HaPPi3LayDee » Sep 24th, '05, 04:21

WOW
we sure got lots of viet here
im also VIET
hahaha, can speak & write fluently
i from us, south ca

anyways, hi guys

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 24th, '05, 07:35

WOW!! some1 wanna teach how to read viet?? Nah im just kidding.... im just happy that i can speak it... :lol

BTW... im from Perth Australia... anyone here from Perth too?? :P

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 24th, '05, 07:55

you guy mind posting your pic up, i want to see what is the viet around the world look like. hahahah

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 24th, '05, 08:19

yerrh..im oso viet:P live in holland do..

sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetsweet » Sep 24th, '05, 08:27

Wow, there is actually a thread for the viet community..I am viet too. :lol I live in Australia..
I have to disagree on some people about K-drama, even though it is very typical sometimes but the actors/actresses aren't bad at all. Most of them are much better at acting than those youngsters in HK drama. The plot isn't bad too, some are really meaningful.. I think if you don't like a particular thing , keep it to yourself because there are many k-drama fans here..Each person has different taste , give your own opinions is okay but don't make it too harsh..

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 24th, '05, 08:38

sweetsweet wrote:Wow, there is actually a thread for the viet community..I am viet too. :lol I live in Australia..
I have to disagree on some people about K-drama, even though it is very typical sometimes but the actors/actresses aren't bad at all. Most of them are much better at acting than those youngsters in HK drama. The plot isn't bad too, some are really meaningful.. I think if you don't like a particular thing , keep it to yourself because there are many k-drama fans here..Each person has different taste , give your own opinions is okay but don't make it too harsh..

WOW.... i agree with sweetsweet! everyone is entitled to their opinion... just dont make it too harsh :cry: those youngsters on HK dramas put me off HK dramas....just leave it at that! :lol

Won Bin is HOT!!! I LOVE YOU WON BIN!!!

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 24th, '05, 08:50

yeah HK drama this day are suckasssssss, and im serious, im now a Korean and Japanese drama convert.

Well as they say " Korea is the new Hong Kong".

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 24th, '05, 08:55

LoL.... KOREAN DRAMAS ALL THE WAY!!!! :D
But HK films are still good!!! just dramas consist of bad acting and plots :lol

Bun Bo Que 4 Life!!! :thumright:

cynthia_ngoc

Post by cynthia_ngoc » Sep 24th, '05, 08:59

Hi everyone,
I'm obviously Viet b/c of my sn. I was born in Saigon, VN but came here 13 years ago and haven't been back. I can speak, semi-write, read Viet. I don't have an accent but sometimes the way I say things will tell people that Viet isn't the first language that I speak. B/c of the conflict btw the North and South to this day, I can't go back to VN and I miss it. I miss the fruits the most of all. I love "cho^m cho^m" for those of you who knows what I'm talking about. In Cali, we recently started importing it but it's soo expensive.
I do agree with some of your comments about Korean dramas. They tend to be redundant but sometimes the plots are well-formulated even though you know what's going to happen @ the end. Also, the actors and actresses help make the dramas more attractive. Personally, I'd read the storyline of the drama first. If I like it then I'll look @ the actors/actresses...if they're unattractive then I wouldn't watch it. As for Korean movies, I do admit they're good but I think sometimes they're a little too short. Maybe I just got used to watching 10+ dramas. :D
Oh and I'm a Southern Cali girl but am currently stuck in Stockton for the next 3 years because of school. Southern food rocks!!! Ok, I've given my opinion and now I'm going to bed. On the last note, I'm glad this thread was started. :-D

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 24th, '05, 09:06

yer i oso luv the fruits ovah thurr :'(
anywayz..korean dramas are alrite..but i think i like jdramas more:P

trec
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trec » Sep 24th, '05, 09:11

Oh I wasnt aware of this thread here.

I'm viet too. Australian born and raised. Been Vietnam when I was 5, and haven't been back since. ;] I've been watching Phim Tap since I was born... (born to parents who owned a video store), and so I think that's why I've been a drama addict till now :P

NIce to meet you all :]

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 24th, '05, 09:15

trec wrote:Oh I wasnt aware of this thread here.

I'm viet too. Australian born and raised. Been Vietnam when I was 5, and haven't been back since. ;] I've been watching Phim Tap since I was born... (born to parents who owned a video store), and so I think that's why I've been a drama addict till now :P

NIce to meet you all :]
lucky you... i wish i had parents who owe a video store :lol

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 24th, '05, 09:17

^^ nice 2 meet u2!.
i was in vietnam last year^^ wanna go next summer again but gotta raise money first..>.<
errr..i also started watching dramas when i was arnd 5..:P,,most of dem were those ancient chinese ones(viet dubbed) ..

dreamers

Post by dreamers » Sep 24th, '05, 09:22

viet here as well. i was born in indo, but i've only known aust. my dad has a no viet video watching policy in the house and he wonders why we can't speak viet. n e wayz. nice meeting y'all. and those viet dubs suck. i've been over my fiends hoses who's paetns watch those. and it's crap!!! i'm glad my dad has that policy.

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 24th, '05, 09:25

dreamers wrote:viet here as well. i was born in indo, but i've only known aust. my dad has a not viet video watching policy in the house and he wonders why we can't speak viet. n e wayz. nice meeting y'all. and those viet dubs suck. i've been over my fiends hoses who's paetns watch those. and it's crap!!!
lol abts the dubs..depends..
i have seen vely good ones..
and sum gay ones..u juss need 2 find the good ones:P

trangsibt

Post by trangsibt » Sep 24th, '05, 09:34

cynthia_ngoc wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm obviously Viet b/c of my sn. I was born in Saigon, VN but came here 13 years ago and haven't been back. I can speak, semi-write, read Viet. I don't have an accent but sometimes the way I say things will tell people that Viet isn't the first language that I speak. B/c of the conflict btw the North and South to this day, I can't go back to VN and I miss it. I miss the fruits the most of all. I love "cho^m cho^m" for those of you who knows what I'm talking about. In Cali, we recently started importing it but it's soo expensive.
Hi 2 u! I think that u can come back our country when u want! Now the policy has changed, please don't think like in 1970s :D I was born in Hanoi, sometimes I know that some guys don't like Hanoi people b/c of thinking in War's years. Studying and living in Australia is good and I realise that having Vietnamese friends is great too, b/c we're Vietnamese!!!

I like watching K-drama as well! I like Bi-Rain :P and yesterday night watched "my bf is type B". That's cool! It made me cry when saw the advertising tape that Young-Bi illustrates about his love for Ha-mi! If you guys haven't seen that, can go to www.giotnuoc.com. This website also has some other K-dramas are good as well, now I'm watching "love story in Havard".

I also like Hk film! I like Andy Lau! His film always make me cry!!! :-(

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Sep 24th, '05, 09:40

1. I'm viet and I can listen, speak, read, and write it but only moderately. What I have the most trouble with would be reading and speaking though. Despite being able to read it, I'll probably have difficulties understanding it so that makes reading it without the symbols annoyingly difficult for me. As for speaking, I find that starting a conversation to be the hardest part cause I was never really sure how I should address a person: bac, chu, chi, ang, ba, ong, etc. and also myself: em, chau, toi, ta, etc. Even when I was learning Japanese in HS, they didn't have as many different ways to speak to so many different people. I mean, when all else fails, use "watashi" and the person's name with -san/-sama on the end.

Anyways, I guess you can say I'm proud to be viet, either that or I'm happy that my parents are viet cause I get to eat all the delicious food (though I have to admit that there are some that aren't as appetizing as I would like). ^^

2. Despite what people say, I really enjoy korean dramas. As for the two girl/two guy thing... ehh... it's a given. Korean excel at romantic dramas and love RIVALRY is the ultimate conflict in romance. It's like if you watch a horror movie, there is a good chance that someone is going to get killed but just because that one aspect is the same for most of the movies, you wouldn't go saying that all horror movies are the same thing. If it was like that then all you have to do is watch one movie of each genre and generalize the rest of them. Then again, think about all the free time you would have...

OH, and another thing I noticed from a few people is that they say they hate a specific series or character from a series and I admit that it happens to me more than once. However, if you have ever said that then you should know that the producer, director, and whole production team have succeeded in assuring one thing--that you aren't just a passive viewer. Sucks to know, huh? The one show that you couldn't bear to finish cause it was upsetting you so much had at least manage to stir up your emotions.

3. This really shouldn't be made into a political battle over VC or whatnot. Although I can understand the negative sentiments about VC from some people (especially seeing how the majority of first generation viets went to America or other places to escape from the VC), but having been back to Vietnam three times already, I can attest to the fact that it's has been slowly getting better over there. Hopefully things will start getting better between the North and the South but like captain-nippon says, at least Vietnam is one country unlike Korea, and we really shouldn't be hating our own people.

I do believe that I made this long enough as my contribution to this thread. =P

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 24th, '05, 09:57

LoL.... KOREAN DRAMAS ALL THE WAY!!!! Big Smile
But HK films are still good!!! just dramas consist of bad acting and plots Laugh

Bun Bo Que 4 Life!!!
I agree, hong kong movie nowaday are not bad since the economy is improving but if you watch hk movie during the asian crisis around 1997-1999 most of them were rubbish, but since Infernal Affair, everything has changed. In fact my most anticipated movie of this year is a Hong Kong movie entitled Sha Po Lang starring Donnie Yean and the mighty Sammo Hung, there are a dozen people who are lucky to watch it at Toronto Film Festival and they are hyping it as the best action movie ever made. That put Ong Bak second i guess. hahaha
Hi everyone,
I do agree with some of your comments about Korean dramas. They tend to be redundant but sometimes the plots are well-formulated even though you know what's going to happen @ the end. Also, the actors and actresses help make the dramas more attractive. Personally, I'd read the storyline of the drama first. If I like it then I'll look @ the actors/actresses...if they're unattractive then I wouldn't watch it. As for Korean movies, I do admit they're good but I think sometimes they're a little too short. Maybe I just got used to watching 10+ dramas. Big Smile
Oh and I'm a Southern Cali girl but am currently stuck in Stockton for the next 3 years because of school. Southern food rocks!!! Ok, I've given my opinion and now I'm going to bed. On the last note, I'm glad this thread was started. :-D
Welcom to the forum Cynthia and enjoy yours stay.

Yeah i agree with most of what you and i wish to add that some korean movie do go overtime but Japanese drama tend to get to the point so there is not much time wasting, but it really depend on the preferences of the viewer at the end of the day.
1. I'm viet and I can listen, speak, read, and write it but only moderately. What I have the most trouble with would be reading and speaking though. Despite being able to read it, I'll probably have difficulties understanding it so that makes reading it without the symbols annoyingly difficult for me. As for speaking, I find that starting a conversation to be the hardest part cause I was never really sure how I should address a person: bac, chu, chi, ang, ba, ong, etc. and also myself: em, chau, toi, ta, etc. Even when I was learning Japanese in HS, they didn't have as many different ways to speak to so many different people. I mean, when all else fails, use "watashi" and the person's name with -san/-sama on the end.

Anyways, I guess you can say I'm proud to be viet, either that or I'm happy that my parents are viet cause I get to eat all the delicious food (though I have to admit that there are some that aren't as appetizing as I would like). ^^

2. Despite what people say, I really enjoy korean dramas. As for the two girl/two guy thing... ehh... it's a given. Korean excel at romantic dramas and love RIVALRY is the ultimate conflict in romance. It's like if you watch a horror movie, there is a good chance that someone is going to get killed but just because that one aspect is the same for most of the movies, you wouldn't go saying that all horror movies are the same thing. If it was like that then all you have to do is watch one movie of each genre and generalize the rest of them. Then again, think about all the free time you would have...

OH, and another thing I noticed from a few people is that they say they hate a specific series or character from a series and I admit that it happens to me more than once. However, if you have ever said that then you should know that the producer, director, and whole production team have succeeded in assuring one thing--that you aren't just a passive viewer. Sucks to know, huh? The one show that you couldn't bear to finish cause it was upsetting you so much had at least manage to stir up your emotions.

3. This really shouldn't be made into a political battle over VC or whatnot. Although I can understand the negative sentiments about VC from some people (especially seeing how the majority of first generation viets went to America or other places to escape from the VC), but having been back to Vietnam three times already, I can attest to the fact that it's has been slowly getting better over there. Hopefully things will start getting better between the North and the South but like captain-nippon says, at least Vietnam is one country unlike Korea, and we really shouldn't be hating our own people.

I do believe that I made this long enough as my contribution to this thread. =P
OMG, this is the longest first post i ever seen, mind summarising for me, i got soared eye just looking at it. :crazy: :crazy:

msCool

Post by msCool » Sep 24th, '05, 09:58

hey e'ryone i'm new to this site :D
15 yrs in vietnam n now i'm in singapore :)
nice to meet y'all
anybody here in Sin,too? ^^

trangsibt

Post by trangsibt » Sep 24th, '05, 10:01

@hacksign: i'm very happy that u have a positive thinking about our country! Actually, if u have lived in another country for a long time then come back to our country u still feel a little bit strange. It takes time to get acquainted ( hi :D u can ask me to recognise when u can call "co, di, chu, bac".I'm very good at Vietnamese gramma :P . That's true! I've already been there for 18 years). Sometimes I feel sad about some Vese thinking about VC but anyway, that's not only Vietnam problem but also some other countries. However, that's politic problem! Not our problem, nice 2 meet u all guys, Vietnamese!!!

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 24th, '05, 10:08

errrr..speaking viet is no proble for me..reading it is abbit more difficult but yeh..i can read it:P
and..writing..im kinda bad at writing..

alzo..i dun rly know when 2 say co, di, chu, bac:P so most of the time i ask my parents or stuff..

skara

Post by skara » Sep 24th, '05, 11:28

I'm VietNamese too.
Chao tat ca Anh Chi Em !!!

My Clubbox : http://clubbox.co.kr/tomhhoang

jane

Post by jane » Sep 24th, '05, 12:03

I'm vietnamese too. I'm living in Germany. And I can't speak and write english very well.. :x
hacksign wrote:3. This really shouldn't be made into a political battle over VC or whatnot. Although I can understand the negative sentiments about VC from some people (especially seeing how the majority of first generation viets went to America or other places to escape from the VC), but having been back to Vietnam three times already, I can attest to the fact that it's has been slowly getting better over there. Hopefully things will start getting better between the North and the South but like captain-nippon says, at least Vietnam is one country unlike Korea, and we really shouldn't be hating our own people.
I think nobody want to hate our own people. Vietnamese in all continents always look to our own people in Vietnam. You are wrong if you say we shouldn't be hating our own people, because we don't hate our own people. I think the people who say "I hate VC" want to say that they hate the statesman of VC not the people in Vietnam.
Also when we are united, people have there own opinion. So we can discuss over Vietnam problem. Why we are hidding?

lbhismyoppa

Post by lbhismyoppa » Sep 24th, '05, 12:58

Hi Everyone,

I have Vietnamese blood running in my veins 2... Our family came to T.O. around 15 yrs ago from the city of Hai Phong... (and yeah... it's in the North :P ). I fell in love with Korean films after watching Shiri and have been collecting them ever since...As for Korean Dramas... I don't think they're as that bad as some of you said.... yes, there are quite a few repetitive/duplicated/similar storylines... but there are much more refreshing/interesting/uniqueones that outweight the shabby ones....

Anyhow, I love both K-movies and K-dramas.... :P :P :P

My sister and I just went back to Vietnam last summer and boy it was quite an experience... We were not used to the weather at first but... after several weeks... we didn't want to leave.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

For all those who still hold grudges against the Regime that kicked out the Americans... get a hold of your self... it's been what... 30 years.... and the word VC is so out... cherish the changes, go back to Vietnam... discover the culture and people... then judge for yourself what VietPride is... 8) 8) 8)

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 24th, '05, 13:05

hehehez..well..i lived in Xuan Hoa..its kinda like o.O in the midle..but more southISH i think..but there are sum ppl that talk wif the north accent..

but yah..i dun care..:P so drop that gay topic...

NoW:PhmMm.. this thread is growing:P/..and i cant rly think of a topic:P
owhell..any1 listen 2 viet music?

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 24th, '05, 13:10

let not get political in this thread guy, just forget about the past and dont look to much to the future and just cherish what we got at the present.

mak2k

Post by mak2k » Sep 24th, '05, 13:55

'sup everybody! Also viet from MONTREAL this time. Born raised and grew up with french environment although i can speak quite fluently french, english and viet (writting and reading is possible but i'M just a bit slow). Well i THOUGH i was fluent in vietnamese until i went back to vietnam realizing how polluted my vietnamese is :P

Korean drama used to be very good.. but after watching several of them, i got fed up with the typical storylines.. and if people can come up with a 10 commandments (do a search on the forum, it's hilarious), that means it's always the same. I have always been a sucker for chinese drama (aspecially the wuxia one) and TW drama are my current favorite (can'T get enough of Rainie in Devil beside you! :P)

thugster9

viet viet viet

Post by thugster9 » Sep 24th, '05, 14:04

wow didn't think there were so many viets up in here. that's nice to know.
i'm viet too. i like the effort in some the post...trying to write viet...good stuff!!!..haha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/trungster9

dreamers

Post by dreamers » Sep 24th, '05, 14:35

i was gonna do it. but i don't ahve any viet pride.

jane

Post by jane » Sep 24th, '05, 15:37

lbhismyoppa wrote:For all those who still hold grudges against the Regime that kicked out the Americans... get a hold of your self... it's been what... 30 years.... and the word VC is so out... cherish the changes, go back to Vietnam... discover the culture and people... then judge for yourself what VietPride is... 8) 8) 8)
I never look at the past, because I wasn't borned when the USA was kicked out of VN. And I never give my vote for the USA if they do something wrong. I know a lots of vietnamese students from Vietnam living in Germany for their study and some people want to live here forever.

I want to ask you. Why are every young people in VN want to go overseas to study? Do they all really want to study? Why are the VC statesman sent their children and family to USA when they always say the USA is a looser... Why are vietnamese women want to get married with men overseas? Have you allready seen vietnamese people who live in a house with palmleafs for over 30 years, which house is like a small room in USA, Europe or everywhere (~20m² - 30m²)?
'VC' is not so out because 'Viet' is for 'Vietnamese' and 'Cong' is for the 'communism' (the ideology that the regime persecute). I don't know that Vietnam regime has change their ideology... :glare: Is Vietnam now capitalism?
And don't forget the VN regime always use the words NGUY.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Sep 24th, '05, 21:29

Wow, so many Viet people here. I'm glad to know everyone of you ;)

Jane, I think a majority of Vietnamese students want to study abroad and then find a good job because in Vietnam, even when you have a degree, you are still more likely to be unemployed. If you're lucky enough to get a job, the wage for every month is just about 200 USD. Can you continue life like that?

SwtVi3tGurl

Post by SwtVi3tGurl » Sep 24th, '05, 22:20

mak2k...your from mtl too....XD yay....but to tell you the truth...i hate french...T_T

ahhaha sorry for the short post last time...XD

im trish, 16...and i love kdrama and cdrama too....but not really jdrama...but i love anime.. :D

nice to know that there are lot of viet people here :-)

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 25th, '05, 03:17

there are alot of viet newbie here :D, welcome all to the site and enjoy your stay and please seed.

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 25th, '05, 03:35

Majority of Viet folks prefer K-Drama/Movie & HK/TVB series/movie more. I think I'm one of those that don't ..well not as much anyway. I love Japanese movies & Jdrama.

I'm Viet, currently residing in the US. I can read, write & speak Viet. I've been in the US for almost 10 years now. Not so bad, eh.. if I can still do all three. XD

trec
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trec » Sep 25th, '05, 03:45

I prefer Jdrama too... But I used to be a TVB Drama freak. And I like watch watching Korean dramas time to time.
What's strange is that, although I never went to Vietnamese schooling, I can still read/write ... (not that well).

oracle

Post by oracle » Sep 25th, '05, 05:30

I used to hate kdrama, simply because they were copying tvb, but after i watch a couple eps, i found that kdrama is very good. they have good budget to produce movies, and a lot of land to film. although most of the kdrama is dramatic 3way relationship, and crying, they pretty much the same.

Good for those who can speaks and write in vnese. vnese is actually not that hard to learn, very easy, it basically like what it sould, if you know the alphabet and all the sound marks, those stuff on the top and bottom, then you can read and write. I think the hard part is to learn han-viet, which i find to be very difficult because so many meaning for one word, remember that we don't write caligraphy, so for one word, it can have 10 different meanings. gl for those who learning and remember to keep the traditoin going, even if you're not living in vn.

sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetsweet » Sep 25th, '05, 05:41

oracle wrote:I used to hate kdrama, simply because they were copying tvb, but after i watch a couple eps, i found that kdrama is very good. they have good budget to produce movies, and a lot of land to film. although most of the kdrama is dramatic 3way relationship, and crying, they pretty much the same.

Good for those who can speaks and write in vnese. vnese is actually not that hard to learn, very easy, it basically like what it sould, if you know the alphabet and all the sound marks, those stuff on the top and bottom, then you can read and write. I think the hard part is to learn han-viet, which i find to be very difficult because so many meaning for one word, remember that we don't write caligraphy, so for one word, it can have 10 different meanings. gl for those who learning and remember to keep the traditoin going, even if you're not living in vn.
K-drama and TVB are those two different type of dramas..I don't find any similar things that they were copying from tvb.. :glare: I don't like Jdorama, not that it's bad or anything but somehow I'm just not interested. Vietnamese is like one of the most easiest language to learn, well for me it is. I am pretty fluent, can read/write/speak..etc.

Xnite

Post by Xnite » Sep 25th, '05, 06:38

Man you know whats sucks. I can't watch vietdubbed kdrama. I guess the voice acting doesn't do it for me. Although its refreshing not having to read the subtitles, but i'm worried that they edit out alot of stuff so i stick with the subititles. Sigh... and there is so many good kdrama coming out too.

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 25th, '05, 12:44

Xnite wrote:Man you know whats sucks. I can't watch vietdubbed kdrama. I guess the voice acting doesn't do it for me. Although its refreshing not having to read the subtitles, but i'm worried that they edit out alot of stuff so i stick with the subititles. Sigh... and there is so many good kdrama coming out too.
Yeah i agree with you!! :D Before i discovered there was such a thing as subtitles for Dramas.. i used to watch Kdramas & Cdramas dubbed in vietnamese. Even though it was **** there was nothing else... so i thought!! I rather read subtitles, hearing the actor's actual voice makes the whole drama much more worthwhile!

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 25th, '05, 14:49

My parents still rent HK Viet dubbed dramas every week. I think it's the only type of drama they watch to pass the time. I wish they would dubbed JDRAMA as well.. but I dun want them to come out all weird and stuffs.
TVB actually has good dubbers.. I prefer their voices over the Taiwanese/China dubbers... somehow they just come out really corny & annoying.
Remember the golden times? With TVB 80's dubbed drama? haha ..I think they actually used "ba('c ky`" dubbers. It was so funny.

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Sep 25th, '05, 15:00

bac ky!!!! :lol
LMAO! no offense okies!! but i could never understand whatever a bac ky said to me.... i would before keep going what? can you please repeat it? but now i just nod and smile.... :D

man image vietdubbed in bac ky! LOL i wouldnt be able to keep up! :lol