speak whatever language you like here.
NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 25th, '07, 23:25

huh... what do you mean? I'll look...

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Dec 25th, '07, 23:33

Yup I'm a black girl from Brooklyn baby! :salut:

I only watch jdramas though
and I've only completed Gokusen 1 and 2, Hana Kimi, and I'm watching Waterboys at the moment

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 25th, '07, 23:46

^You know there is goign to be a 3 season of Gokusen?

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Dec 26th, '07, 00:09

NanaTorigawa wrote:^You know there is goign to be a 3 season of Gokusen?
yup.....well
I can't say I'm that interested :pale:

I dunno I just can't imagine a Gokusen 3
I feel like all the guys that were capable of the roles were alreay used in the previous 2

I watch 2 before I watched 1 and I was sooo hooked
...but after watching Gokusen 1 I saw how repetitive 2 was

I don't think I can sit through 11 episodes of bad boys getting beat up and saved every day by there teacher again

theflavoroflife

Post by theflavoroflife » Dec 26th, '07, 00:35

me too I live in the US maybe we should have a congregation ahah lol. I only watch jdrama and lately i have been listening to jsongs and kpop and kdrama and my friends think that i am weird tooo lol :lol

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Dec 26th, '07, 01:18

AshanishiLynn wrote:Yup I'm a black girl from Brooklyn baby! :salut:

I only watch jdramas though
and I've only completed Gokusen 1 and 2, Hana Kimi, and I'm watching Waterboys at the moment
Hey thats what's up. I'm a black dude from jacksonville.

I watch k and j-drama. I am a kanno miho whore (alright hataraki man woot) I listen only to j-music and everyone thinks I'm weird. And japanese people are suprised by how much I know about j-music. I can't wait till I know enough japanese to contribute to the community.

P.S. only a couple days till nodame captivates me again, I can't wait. I watch the raws for sure.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 28th, '07, 11:57

jigenbakuda wrote:I watch k and j-drama. I am a kanno miho ***** (alright hataraki man woot)
did you ever see her act in "koi ga shitai"? that was a great drama and she was captivating in it. highly suggest it.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Dec 29th, '07, 00:24

jholic wrote:
jigenbakuda wrote:I watch k and j-drama. I am a kanno miho ***** (alright hataraki man woot)
did you ever see her act in "koi ga shitai"? that was a great drama and she was captivating in it. highly suggest it.
I have not seen koi ga shitai, but I will now that you recommend it. Truthfully I have not seen her in much. I have seen her in dolls, sakuran, iguana no masume, and watashitachi no kyokasho. But I like her so much, so if you recommend something, I must check it out. I am waiting for hataraki man to get subbed (I heard it was going to be released all at once), I only saw 2 episodes raw, then decided to wait. So is koi ga shitai her best work?

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 11th, '08, 19:52

:offtopic:

Hello!

Could you help me, please? I have to do a research in my thesis, in America, between American students. I have a questionnare on the internet, but I don't know, whether you can see the following link or not:

(MOD EDIT: SEE LINK IN NEXT POST)

if you can't see, please tell me! I will fix it, and then would you be so kind to fill it? :) (But please fill it very seriously!) You will help in doing my research and in getting a good mark for my thesis, as well. :P

Thanks a lot! and Have a nice day!

Ohh, and sorry, because it was an off topic!!!

Edit: somebody has already filled it! Thank you very much!!! :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 12th, '08, 01:41

wuff:

i brought your link down here. since it is off-topic. what is your survey about? people shouldn't click on links on the internet without having some idea where they're going to.

thank you!

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 12th, '08, 07:26

OK and Thank you jholic! My survey is about sport/sport habits among students. I will compare my results with the Hungarain students... :)

areea-chan

Post by areea-chan » Jan 21st, '08, 01:34

Hey there! Any southern d-addicts around here?

lucieloveskouie

Post by lucieloveskouie » Jan 21st, '08, 02:28

just curious... any know how or where i can get azn tv? anybody have it?
p.s... i'm American-Asian... born and raised...
love the asian stuff but love the american stuff too!!!

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Jan 21st, '08, 02:45

@LucieLovesKouie

You can get it if your local area has it. If you have Digital Cable it won't mean you'll get that channel becuz my friend who lives in another state didn't end up with channel but we have the same cable subscription's. Esp for satellite it just depends. Where do you live?

but you can always watch AznTv online

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Jan 25th, '08, 14:19

Hi USA people!

I'm from U.S. Virgin Islands. We have no Asian channels whatsoever down here. My first Asian drama was Hana Yori Dango, which I bought off Ebay because I was curious about a live-action version of the anime of "Boys Over Flowers" which I had watched and loved. Then I discovered the crunchyroll, and ended up watching dramas there. After they had a copyright sweep that decimated their content last year, I discovered d-addicts and have been downloading happily ever since!!

I watch Korean dramas, Japanese dramas and TW dramas. I don't really have a favorite, they've all got good points and drawbacks. The Japanese ones tend to be sweet and light, the Korean ones more intense and emotional (hell even their so-called romantic comedies make me cry!!). The acting ability seems better in these two countries than in Taiwan, however I like TW drama because the dramas are longer, their cinematography is so clever and the actors do ACTUAL kissing, instead of those weird press-your-closed-lips-together thing that passes for kissing in the other countries. LOL. Yes, pet peeve. ;)

Right now I just finished watching Korean "My Girl" and am watching Taiwanese "Why Why Love".

How about you?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 29th, '08, 04:41

aloha yenchan, welcome to the forum. it's surprising to get a visitor from the virgin isles. i am actually planning a trip to the caribbean. perhaps you can provide me some insight (not quite off-topic, but close).

i lean toward jdramas, but have enjoyed other genres. i am not surprised you guys don't get asian channels, but what kind of channels DO you get?

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Jan 29th, '08, 05:03

Jholic, you should try to visit Puerto Rico, St. Marten, St. John, any of the virgin Islands. Also Central America coastal spots like Cozumel Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala. All beautiful places.
:-)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 29th, '08, 05:21

rico: spoken like a man who's been there! :D

well, i'm trying to decide between a cruise or a plane trip to one island. also, is there a rainy season there? may not happen at all, but i'm thinking of april?

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 20th, '09, 13:21

Sweet American D-addicts ^.^
Hello from the grand insurance state of CT lol Its a sad day this year since I think my cable provider got rid of AZN TV recently but oh well nothing I can't find here well... except the Hey!x3 every Sunday ; ;

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 20th, '09, 22:08

hey kuro, connecticut? woah. keeping warm?

even w/o azntv, the internet has all types of entertainment to keep you busy.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 20th, '09, 22:13

Its as cold as ever up here, atleast it starting to get about 30 degrees lol

True about the internet but Azn tv is still nice to have for a once a week thing ; ;

twdramaaddict

Post by twdramaaddict » Mar 19th, '16, 00:34

Calcifer wrote:How many people prefer Asian series/shows to most American ones?

Me!

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Mar 19th, '16, 01:21

twdramaaddict wrote:
Calcifer wrote:How many people prefer Asian series/shows to most American ones?

Me!
Wow. This is an old, old thread. twdramaaddict found it as a relative newbie.

I am an American living in Northern California. Besides viewing live sports on TV I pretty much watch Jdramas. I especially like viewing Taiga's and Asadora's. I have a WD TV Media Player hooked up to my TV and I use an external usb hard drive to place the source video and sub files on. The WD TV Media Player has Upscaling software so I can use smaller file sizes and still view an HD quality picture.

:D

twdramaaddict

Post by twdramaaddict » Apr 11th, '16, 02:22

areea-chan wrote:Hey there! Any southern d-addicts around here?

Me I'm from Georgia :)

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 11th, '16, 12:50

dhisashi wrote: Wow. This is an old, old thread. twdramaaddict found it as a relative newbie.

I am an American living in Northern California. Besides viewing live sports on TV I pretty much watch Jdramas. I especially like viewing Taiga's and Asadora's. I have a WD TV Media Player hooked up to my TV and I use an external usb hard drive to place the source video and sub files on. The WD TV Media Player has Upscaling software so I can use smaller file sizes and still view an HD quality picture.

:D
That's my Modus operandi for watching dramas too. I watch probably 4 shows a year off of the networks, and watch at least 2 episodes a day of Jdramas. Not much else to do in the winter in the Midwest. :P
I don't usually watch the asadoras, but I am rather enjoying Carnation right now, I'm usually more a comedy (and romcoms too) watcher. But I'm particularly liking the history of changes from the 20's to the "present" in Carnation.

28jkb0l2b

Anybody from Massachusetts Boston Area?

Post by 28jkb0l2b » Aug 13th, '17, 22:23

Just curious and possibly meeting Boston area members. I'm a guy. I've been on this site since maybe 2004/5. Then I had login issues for some reason..and didn't login for years. Just login back because there was a sync issue withe the subs..ha.

I think this site is still great and very happy it's still around....it changed a lot though. It's more Japanese now I guess. I remember back in the glory days when they had everything and torrents. Then the Kdrama folks left...which is fine since I'm not crazy about it.