Pakistani D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
desikuri06

Pakistani D-Addicts

Post by desikuri06 » Apr 30th, '07, 20:04

i was just wondering if there are any pakitani or indianz here...

anoney

Post by anoney » May 1st, '07, 23:38

I am!

(Pakistani, British (London) born though)

ices56

Post by ices56 » Oct 9th, '07, 13:15

oO hey i m one indian addict here :lol

sub_zero

Post by sub_zero » Oct 9th, '07, 13:34

hey theres a bengali fan here!! from london tho yaaaaay

ices56

Post by ices56 » Oct 9th, '07, 14:16

weeeeeeeee i m indian bengali lol , heya desikuri change the title to south asian(pakistani/indian/bangladeshi) thread . :cheers:
Last edited by ices56 on Oct 9th, '07, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

sub_zero

Post by sub_zero » Oct 9th, '07, 14:27

indian bengalli woah cool..where u from? kolkata??

ices56

Post by ices56 » Oct 9th, '07, 14:35

yah rite , i m in kolkata , but there is no district in westbengal where i have not stepped . haha . :lol

ta aapnio ki bharotyo naki , na bangladeshi ? :roll

sub_zero

Post by sub_zero » Oct 9th, '07, 23:00

bharotyo mane ki? na londone jonmo keentoo amar shoob family bangesher

Pew_Pew_Pew_Pew

Post by Pew_Pew_Pew_Pew » Oct 9th, '07, 23:28

Paki here. born in Qatar, raised and living in NYC. despite my relative fluency in writing, reading and speaking japanese, i can only speak urdu. the only thing i can write is my name.

My family is from Sialkot, btw

ices56

Post by ices56 » Oct 10th, '07, 10:48

lol pew pew , u too created this id with sub_zero yesterday .

sub_zero , bharotya means indian :whistling:

YaGaMi82

Post by YaGaMi82 » Oct 16th, '07, 15:17

Hi all, another british bengali here, from sunny Manchester! :D My family originate from Sylhet like 95% of bengali's in the UK.

I agree about the thread title being changed to South Asians.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 11th, '07, 16:18

Brit Asian here...yeah the title of the thread does need to be changed to include all South Asians...Wow this thread is dead...come on!

A 50% Pakistani/Indian here (Hmmm Mum's from Pakistan, Dad's from India but he was born in Bangladesh...so guess I'm a full South Asian :-) ) :salut: ...a 100% Gujarati though :mrgreen:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 1st, '08, 21:35

well happy new year to all South Asians :-)

ayshaella

Post by ayshaella » Jan 30th, '08, 04:53

Hi To all! (uh, fellow South Asians...)

Hi sahansah,

That's AISHWARYA RAI on your avvy, right?

Loved her in Dhoom 2.

no one's active here, i think... :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 30th, '08, 09:03

lol it looks like it ayshaella, I guess not many South Asians watch Doramas :-(

Yes thats Aishwarya Rai in my Avie....She is very beautiful, love this pic. Too bad she went off and got married to Abhishek Bachchan (Seriously?! Abhishek Bachchan lol)
Dhoom 2 was alright, Aishwarya looking the hottest I've seen her :D

Where bouts are you from? BTW I prefer Kareena Kapoor he-he

ayshaella

Post by ayshaella » Feb 1st, '08, 00:52

hi sahansah.

ive seen you online! hmmm. kareena. i was just watching her movie, with abhishek's dad - Khabi Kushi Khabie Gham? Yeah, i know. It's a bit late for me, yah? heheh.

Whatever happend to Abhishek & karisma's engagement before? And why was there a 'lol'? :lol :lol :lol

Currently, im in Bahrain, part of the Middle east. And somewhat enjoying some bollywood films. Hehehe.

BUt still, most loyal to kdramas and jmovies.

edit: im filipina, btw.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 1st, '08, 01:04

LOL I can't tell if you're online or not XD

Yeah Khabi Kushi Khabie Gham!!!!!! Kinda old XD lol...but a really good film too emotional and sooo full of melodrama and was it just me but man thats not how College life is like in the U.K.! It was more American then English but still I enjoyed that film :D (Karenna Kapoor *drools* was absolutely stunning in it!) SRK rocks! The music of the film was good too

He-he its just well Ash is like a former miss world! She is beautiful, really beautiful but Abhishek...Can you tell me his a handsome man? It seems like a wedding of convenience. You know? Ash strengthening her hold on the Bollywood elite. Oh and I'm a Salman Khan fan :-)

I dunno what happened with Abhishek and Karisma...I always thought that Karisma would end up with Salman Khan (Prob just me, they are good friends I just always thought they looked like a very good couple XD)

Bahrain huh? How is it there? I heard something about the net being cut off in the Middle East becasue of some wires or something being cut :scratch: So where are you originally from?

I take it you're new to Bollywood...I grew up with it, knew it waaaay before J-doramas( Haven't seen Kdoramas yet but have a couple of K-films :-) ) and you can be loyal to Bollywood and Asian doramas totally different genres :D

ayshaella

Post by ayshaella » Feb 28th, '08, 22:52

saasssshhhhaaaaa..

i got ur msg! lolz.

:lol :lol :lol im gonna watch Jodha Akbar later! yayyyy!

^__^

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 28th, '08, 23:45

:lol - you are sooo in love with Hrithik its beyond belief....*Sigh*

Tell me how the film goes :thumleft:

DMDil

Post by DMDil » Jun 8th, '09, 02:30

oh man, i wonder why no desi post here anything..

ashraf11

Post by ashraf11 » Feb 1st, '10, 10:47

sahansah wrote: I guess not many South Asians watch Doramas
I do!!! Love the historical stuff such as taiga dorama, wu-xia, jidaigeki ... etc, not so much into the other stuff tho...

aishasaeed

Post by aishasaeed » Dec 1st, '10, 11:42

paki here. been watching korean, taiwanese, japenese dramas for the past two years... and nobody around me is interested like i am. they find the subtitle reading to annoying...lol
most even think im obsessed and crazy! =p

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jun 5th, '11, 09:23

salam ... im from Mandi bahauddin , Pakistan. I have been watching Japanese and korean dramas for almost a year now and hana yori dango and iris/athena ae my favorite . the korean version , Boys before flowers is also very good. havent seen any taiwanese dramas though. recently saw nobuta wo produce and it was much different from what i was expecting it to be. as most of the american high school dramas are built on similar patterns ..
I love the music of Boys before flowers.. also like SNSD and super junior ...
have been watching BOSS since the first episode and its much better than most of the detective dramas.
what are your favs ?

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jul 28th, '11, 21:08

Anyone online here.. ??? City hunter was a good drama..City hunter is not comparable to Iris as it has a very different plot. even then i recommend it.
Control is as good as boss but much serious..
Besides This is not a bollywood forum and they dont make original films.. they just recycle and produce very low standard, mostly totally trash product.. Nudity is all they have got..

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jul 28th, '11, 21:13

ashraf11 wrote:
I do!!! Love the historical stuff such as taiga dorama, wu-xia, jidaigeki ... etc, not so much into the other stuff tho...
I love East Asian dramas.... But the thing is we in Pakistan have our own highly developed drama industry and the language issue is still a huge barrier even with the availability of subs as not much people are fine with reading the dialogues and lyrics of the drama.. it seems annoying to many people..
E A dramas are comparable to Pakistani and American dramas in many their making and production. Plus , one can find a few points to relate to while watching those dramas..
Besides I always feel that its good to keep maximum exposure to world's media , it helps in broadening the mental horizon..

huss

Post by huss » Jul 28th, '11, 22:34

manopatano wrote:
ashraf11 wrote:
I love East Asian dramas.... But the thing is we in Pakistan have our own highly developed drama industry and the language issue is still a huge barrier even with the availability of subs as not much people are fine with reading the dialogues and lyrics of the drama.. it seems annoying to many people..
E A dramas are comparable to Pakistani and American dramas in many their making and production. Plus , one can find a few points to relate to while watching those dramas..
Besides I always feel that its good to keep maximum exposure to world's media , it helps in broadening the mental horizon..
yup, pakistani dramas are of certainly high production quality but we are at a stand still standstill on storylines of family and marital affairs (although i'm only basing it on occasional promos and peeking on what my mom sees now and then), they must be good but too melodramatic for an 18 yo :D
and i still can't figure out how faisal qureshi works this much, the man must have some clones :)

anyway, have watched 7/8 k-dramas, don't really find them interesting (each of them had a love-rectangle) but still love the drama full house
now as for jdramas i have watched 98(yeah, i count) and just didn't liked one of them, after watching this much now i understand the language(except reading and writing)

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jul 31st, '11, 05:30

Faisal qureshi surely has clones .
as far the love/romance plot , its usually present in most of the drams except for the detective dramas.
why exactly u didnt like all those 98 j dramas.. and im still amazed on ur keeping a count..
There are some New P dramas that are not entirely based on sheer fiction . some of these new ones are based on very real problems of our society such as rape and poverty.
well , i guess u may like U.S. dramas , ( at least) , i love Gossip girl , 90210, drop dead dive , Vampire diaries, Teen wolf, and many more... but they have their own place .. and K , J and P dramas have their own place.. and even at least one recent Bharti drama is not as bad...
I may sound like a drama crazy person , which i actually am , but that doesnt mean i like all the drama i come across.. infact i usually dont watch after the pilot episode if it doesnt attract me.. I never push myself to watch any Film or drama just because its recommended..
so feel free to criticize ..
meray keray paisay lagay ny.. ! :P

ices56

Re: Fans

Post by ices56 » Dec 28th, '11, 20:46

hen5522 wrote:There are so many fans from the India..And it is good to watch this show...
there are ? really ? i don't see any. :scratch: