NZ Drama fans HERE ^_^

speak whatever language you like here.
roxxyfakename

NZ Drama fans HERE ^_^

Post by roxxyfakename » Dec 23rd, '07, 09:35

Hey Guys and Gals living in Kiwi-land!
My name is Roxanne and im a BIG K-drama fan ^_^.
I first across k-dramas when I was searching for k-pop through limewire and randomly came across Song Kye-ho singing "Kom/Gom se ma ri" (Three Bears) and thought "What do you mean Full House ain't that in San Francisco??". Thanks to YouTube I found out more and ive been D-addicted since!

Drop a line here and let us all know where you're from in NZ. Im in Auckland!

Oh yeah and spread the word about Fasoyo video stores to English speaking friends, just rent some out then download the soft subs!, saves so much time (despite having to fork out some dosh : P)

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:00

mainland nelson myself.
Full house would have been a good start to get into k-drama, very easy to watch.
[fasoyo seem all in chinese so not really much good, unless there a link to an eng version of the website hidden in there someplace..:-)]
I started from chinese kungfu movies to TV show and from there to kdramas

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:56

Welcome Roxanne! :cheers:

I'm in AKL and am into TwDrama/JDrama/Anime but have never really gotten into KDrama.

LOL Full House --> San Fran :)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 23rd, '07, 10:58

and Fasoyo... Never heard of it!! -scratch head-

roxxyfakename

Post by roxxyfakename » Dec 23rd, '07, 11:32

Wow im really surprised, two ppl already and its was half an hour after I posted! lol

Awesome! ok now Fasoyo is a asian video and audio rental shop. Bright yellow with a orange swirl for the logo.
located in AKL is:
360 Dominion Road
Elliot Street Arcade, CBD (umm not sure if that is the right name?)
113 Meadowland Drive Botany

If you wanna save time downloading totally go there, hire 'em out and use soft subs. I would probably recommend subs from here because the subs the shop supply... well..
Watch Hwang Jin Yi's subs (or lack of them >:( !! )

and to get the sub's pumping goto: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php
hopefully you will find the drama you want to watch and Yays!

if you dont know how to get the soft subs woking on your drama lemme know ; P
thanks peeps!

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 23rd, '07, 11:46

do they have all kinds of dramas? because i'm been thinking for a while where i'd be able to find some. and anime too... the only place i know is borders... and their selection isn;t that great anyway

so this fasoyo is like an asian dvd/cd rental place? geesh, never heard of it until now - i'll have to check it out some time!! (people must rip their stuff all the time though!)

roxxyfakename

Post by roxxyfakename » Dec 23rd, '07, 19:12

LOL, I think they have a pretty big collection of Hentai >_<
The shops I have been in so far have Hong Kong, Singapore, Korean (including the latest dramas), Chinese and Japanese Dramas etc. Plus some anime (not a Huge range) and plenty of movies.
theres no english website that I can find so far, but maby we could change that (heh heh heh...)

Hey you have been to GNC for anime? I have got some of my figurines from there too XD

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 24th, '07, 07:11

GNC is another one that I haven't heard of... Just looked them up online though.
Some of these places I'm too scared to check out - Most anime/comic places especially since they probably only ever see a girl in there once in a full moon.

Big hentai collection at Fasoyo... -roll eyes- :crazy:
I viewed the fasoyo website via google and clocked on 'translate this page'.. I got the gist of it but couldn't really navigate through the site.

There's also this asian dvd rental place in Midcity... dunno what it's called though. last time I went in there (some years ago) they didn't have anything I fancied.

roxxyfakename

Post by roxxyfakename » Dec 24th, '07, 08:40

Yes yes! thats the place, goh Mid-city jeez i forgot the name
anyway no! Go to GNC its a MUST for anime lovers! I think its the only anime retailer/rental shop with its own video room and anime club in the country!
And plenty of girls go in there, Lol im one of them. Say hi to Seong, nice guy behind the counter 24/7 lol.

Oh yeah and they would have updated their collection by now in midcity :)

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 24th, '07, 09:29

Strange that Fasoyo picked chinese for their website. You would think english would make more of a choice with them having korean and japanese dvd for rent as well as chinese.
I been getting more interested in China, this my all time fav singer/actress Jang Nara moved from korea, to work there. certainly a hard place to get information out of, if you do not read chinese.

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 24th, '07, 09:29

video room?! sounds hard-core. but imma tell my friends about it when they come to auckland next month - that way it can be a group trip :D
and you even know the guy who works there LOL

ooOOOh so midcity dvd place = fasoyo

excited now. won't be heading into city until the new year though so will go onto my excitement until then :P

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 25th, '07, 13:28

wah you guys were talking about GNC i ordered some stuff of them once but I wish i lived in auckland it would make things easier

anyhoo
Im origionally from wanganui but am currently living in Japan
when i get back to NZ in april i will be living in Palmerston north for 3 years completeing a course at IPC (international pacific college)
i love j-dramas k-dramas tw-dramas anime anything asian really ^_^
not to mention all the music hehe
latest craze if Fahrenheit

roxxyfakename

Post by roxxyfakename » Dec 26th, '07, 06:28

wow that is so SUGOI! lol, my friend is beginning her studies at IPC next year. So hopefully you will meet her.
Chi is her name, super adorable and trust me you will not - Not - know her. shes like a magnet and is annoyingly hard to get mad at !!

I really wish I could go to IPC. I wanted to do it years ago, now I feel too old (22yrs old, I have a old complex @_@)
all the best!

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 26th, '07, 07:42

what?! where have i been?! all these places i've never heard of before... like IPC... first time i've heard of IPC but it seems like everyone else knows about it... LOL!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 26th, '07, 11:24

roxxyfakename wrote:wow that is so SUGOI! lol, my friend is beginning her studies at IPC next year. So hopefully you will meet her.
Chi is her name, super adorable and trust me you will not - Not - know her. shes like a magnet and is annoyingly hard to get mad at !!

I really wish I could go to IPC. I wanted to do it years ago, now I feel too old (22yrs old, I have a old complex @_@)
all the best!
you shoud go anyway!
nobody would care how old you are!

is your friend a big drama fan too?

fball

Post by fball » Dec 26th, '07, 11:58

Wow, I don't spend much time around here at all but seeing that there was a few kiwis around maybe I should hang in here more often.

Also in Auckland, enjoy lots asian movies, dramas etc. Like good anime, mainly j-dramas, but have a few j-movies, chinese movies and korean movies as well. Would like to check out some good k-drama one day as i have yet to watch one

I love to watch them and share with friends but its very hard to have friends that will watch "dramas"...even the asian friends :P

No-one seems to get them like i do :cry:

P.S. Yes I am a asian but born in NZ so pretty much an average kiwi guy trying to get in touch with his asian side. Speaking english comes first for me, then cantonese and a little japanese

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 26th, '07, 12:06

hey welcome!
it seems like most of the drama fans in NZ live in auckland ^_^
but i know where you are coming from when you say its difficult to find friends to watch them with!
what j-dramas do you like?

roxxyfakename

Post by roxxyfakename » Dec 26th, '07, 19:22

is your friend a big drama fan too?
haha, no but she is a big anime fan. Tho I think she's got potential?
Ah what am I saying, Everyone Does lol! :o3

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 00:26

fball wrote:Wow, I don't spend much time around here at all but seeing that there was a few kiwis around maybe I should hang in here more often.

Also in Auckland, enjoy lots asian movies, dramas etc. Like good anime, mainly j-dramas, but have a few j-movies, chinese movies and korean movies as well. Would like to check out some good k-drama one day as i have yet to watch one

I love to watch them and share with friends but its very hard to have friends that will watch "dramas"...even the asian friends :P

No-one seems to get them like i do :cry:

P.S. Yes I am a asian but born in NZ so pretty much an average kiwi guy trying to get in touch with his asian side. Speaking english comes first for me, then cantonese and a little japanese
ahh same! :D
except the part about being a guy and speaking japanese although would like to learn some day. and my canto is so rusty these days :whistling: but i seemed to have picked up more mandarin worlds now that i been watching more tw-dramas :mrgreen:

welcome, welcome :cheers:

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 27th, '07, 04:00

For those that like TW drama and ISWK2 and are not lucky enough to understand chinese
http://www.overstream.net/search.php?qu ... &pc=1&pu=1
this is a very clever way of doing subs I think, cuts out the timing and technical side of it.

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 08:51

but isn't it easier to just download the hardsubbed vids? (or raw vid + soft subs?)

:scratch:

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 27th, '07, 09:49

NothingElseToLose wrote:but isn't it easier to just download the hardsubbed vids? (or raw vid + soft subs?)

:scratch:
it more for those that can not speak or read chinese.
and for those that can not wait for the sub group to get the soft/hard subs done
almost up to episode 3 this weekend and they still working on number one.
I just thought it a good idea for fast subbing so everyone can see.
you can alway download the hardsub later when they are done.
[other than TW most chinese shows do not get a look in, in regards to eng subs]

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 10:50

oh i see! that's good then - not having to wait that is. i guess i'm lucky that i haven't been so keen for a drama and i've only hooked on to ones that have been complete or the subbed files are quite a few episodes ahead. personally i prefer to have my own files - i remember when i first got back into dramas, i watched hana yori dango on youtube but then i couldn't really go back and re-watch bits without having to hunt for the specific vid.

are you watching ISWAK 2 at the moment?

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 27th, '07, 11:49

I think it shown every friday so this friday will be the third episode.
So far i seen both that have been aired, it much the same as the first kiss thus far.
Ariel Lin was my fav actress but I now put Jang Nara in front of her.
I know what you mean it is good to have your drama easy at hand and at a quailty so you can watch without getting eyestrain. I have dvd all over the place
Rewatched Coffee prince and Wedding in between waiting for Romantic Princess, I'm Sam and a few others

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 11:54

waa most of those dramas i haven't even heard of!
i'm waiting for romantic princess too... have been really careful not to read any of the threads in case there are spoliers and to not watch any mvs etc about it on youtube... only seen the opening though, that's where i hear xin wo for the first time.. such a cool song.

am currently rewatching hana yori dango :)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 27th, '07, 12:27

its hard for me to download at the moment so i have been relying on crunchyroll and veoh a lot!
but most of the ones i watch there i still want as my own but i can only download via cirect cownload at the moment and even that is limited :(
And of course i have to download mop girl first as i subbing it

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 12:33

direct downloads are my fave :) do you know about http://silentregrets.com?

what's mop girl about? i see it in your sig but i've never heard of it...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 27th, '07, 12:48

yeah i use that site too
i still prefer torrents though cause they are better quality

mop girl is about a girl who works for a funeral company and whenever she touches something of a dead persons she goes back in time in order to save their life
its pretty funny

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 13:00

oh sounds like that short-lived show they had here... umm... tru calling!!

glad you said it's a comedy otherwise it'd just be a scary show!!
my friend in japan at the moment did this couch surfing thing (sleep on a hosts couch for cheaps) and on the last night there the host told them the house was haunted. that night she said she couldn't get to sleep for ages and even now that she's staying at a different place, she still gets freaked out at night! i blame all the ring/grduge type movies!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 27th, '07, 13:11

haha i love horror
asia definatly has the best sense of horror but i wish america would stop trying to remake their films cause they just cant pull it off

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 13:13

i think it's safe now cus the fad seems to be over... i think. haven't heard about too many remakes recently.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 27th, '07, 13:17

NothingElseToLose wrote:i think it's safe now cus the fad seems to be over... i think. haven't heard about too many remakes recently.
good i hope it stays that way

japanese haunted hauses are awsome
i love scary stuff and they are so scary its funny (well apparently according to my hour long laughing fit i had after going in one where my friend got scared and bit my arm)

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 27th, '07, 13:21

an actual haunted house? actually... i don't wanna know. those stories scare the heck outta me!!

but bit your arm? bit excessive isn't it?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 27th, '07, 13:25

NothingElseToLose wrote:an actual haunted house? actually... i don't wanna know. those stories scare the heck outta me!!

but bit your arm? bit excessive isn't it?
haunted house at a theme park
im pretty sure she didnt mean to bite my are she just got a shock when this guy started banding on a door and jumped
her and one other friend were hiding behind me all the way

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 27th, '07, 13:32

I can understand about Wedding but someone who not heard of Coffee prince , the mind boggles..just kidding
If you seen and like hana kimi then you get the story line girl pretending to be a boy, though CP is way more romantic and serious. {the male lead didn't find out she was a girl tell he declared his love, poor guy almost went crazy trying to understand how he could feel that way about someone he thought as a boy, very cute]
Wedding is about two people who have an arranged marriage, it very sweet and romantic and well as funny.
Horror, can not watch horror movies I have too active imagination.
hana yori dango is that the one with the F4?
I seen the japanese version if so. Boy did I hate those jerks in the start, all the lives they ruined for their kicks, then suddenly they all change and become nice guys just like that..lol.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 27th, '07, 13:38

i want to chuck in an answer here
i havent heard of wedding either is it taiwanese korean or what?
i loved coffee prince but dont you think you're giving too much of a spoiler if she decides she wants to watch it too?
haha at the active imagination = chicken
yes hana yori dango is the one with F4 i loved the japanese version and havent decided whether i want to watch the taiwanese one yet

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Dec 28th, '07, 00:08

spoiler yes I guess I did a bit..hard to say what something is like without giving it away a little.
Wedding is Korean, wasn't that will received back in 2005 but been slowly gathering something of a mini cult status over the years.
Yes I never seen the TW version of hana yori dango either, though I have tried to a few times because of Rainie Yang being in it, if only in a supporting role. One day perhaps

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Dec 28th, '07, 00:40

Wedding = Korean, that would explain why I have never heard of it

And the Coffee Prince theme sounds overdone now that I've seen Hana Kimi. I'm also in the middle of watching Ouran High School Host Club anime; there's also a girl in it who disguises herself as a boy.

I'm not sure you guys will like Meteor Garden (tw version of Hana Yori Dango). The acting in it is also pretty bad I reckon (-ahem- vaness). If you really love Hana Yori Dango, you probably shouldn't watch it. It's quite disappointing if you are a fan of the anime (like me). But if it were me, I'd guess I'd watch it out of curiosity.

fball

Post by fball » Dec 28th, '07, 01:45

Yorokobi wrote:hey welcome!
it seems like most of the drama fans in NZ live in auckland ^_^
but i know where you are coming from when you say its difficult to find friends to watch them with!
what j-dramas do you like?
Hmm well I enjoy quite a broad range of stuff actually. Funny that a friend introduced me to dorama and Densha Otoko a while ago and I really enjoyed that despite it being relatively cheesy but it made me feel good and I think that goes for all my drama...if it makes you feel good then its job is done. Ironically this friend of mine has never watched Densha yet :P
I've enjoyed older stuff like Lunch Queen through to silliness such as My Boss My Hero. I enjoy a little humour(or a lot injected into these "dramas" :mrgreen: ) Really enjoyed Nodame Cantabile as well
The latest has been a couple of eps of Mop Girl which has been interesting and I just watched the first ep of Utahime last night of which I am probably getting the rest of because I can already tell its got potential so lets hope I'm right

I haven't come across any asian drama or movie that I didn't like completely yet as all have their merits as such, but then again I think I'm just too easy to please haha

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Jan 6th, '08, 07:45

err... bump...

conversation seems to have died down a bit

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jan 6th, '08, 12:11

talk of ghosts scared everyone off * hiding under his bed*

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 6th, '08, 12:17

you posting of a laptop? cause it would be hard to take a normal computer under the bed with you

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jan 6th, '08, 13:06

well there are such things as wireless keyboards or I could have very long arms

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 6th, '08, 16:29

thats true
but if i had to bet
im going with the really long arms

fball

Post by fball » Jan 6th, '08, 23:12

everyone is probably just in holiday mode over xmas and new years...I know I have been ;)

Hope everyone is having a good holiday. Have a great '08 and hope to see more great dorama this year!

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Jan 7th, '08, 09:46

just come back from my holiday-mode :thumleft:

yoro: is there much to do in japan over the xmas/new year period or does everything pretty much shut? wasn't sure since i hear that xmas isn't really celebrated over there... or maybe that isn't even true

man it's soooo hot today!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 7th, '08, 12:19

everything pretty much shut? haha just the idea is funny to me now

christmas is nothing over here, its not a holiday so everything is open
some people give presents but not many
pretty much nothing at all happens

new years is pretty big for japanese people the have various activities going on for days
they have all this stuff to do with food
like these noodles they eat before new years
and these extravagant lunchbox meals they eat on new years day
and this stuff called mochi which is basically rice steamed and hit with a hammer till it goes gooey which they eat a lot of
and today they ate this special rice stuff to make sure the body stays healthy despite the crazy eating over new years

hot in NZ huh?
winter here, its been snowing but thats melting now cause there hasnt been any for about a week but it will be back as feb is the coldest month

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Jan 7th, '08, 13:07

ahh that's good to hear because i plan on travelling there this time next year :thumleft:

i've heard of mochi before and it sounds really yummy... wonder if i can find it here?
i had this japanese green tea frappacino thing here once it was soooo nice!! (not like what they do at starbucks... more authentic and yummy!! and sidenote: i wanted to spew after tasting green tea latte from starbucks) :pale:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 7th, '08, 13:09

i dont drink tea ^_^
people in japan drink tea all the time though. It like in every single vending machine hot and cold

fball

Post by fball » Jan 8th, '08, 01:20

I love green tea and other teas...One thing I miss in Japan is the food and drink, I'd go back there just for the food alone sigh. I was addicted to vending machines while there...I just liked to play with them and not just because of the food or drink haha

argh don't remind me of Japan...I loved it there and want to go back...I should be looking for work again but maybe I should go on one more overseas holiday first :p

It was very warm and humid in Auckland yesterday, but today it a little wet so just humid and not as warm.

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Jan 8th, '08, 10:53

i checked out GNC today... the selection was a bit disappointing to be honest!
they have way more anime at borders and JB-HiFi. borders even has a new manga section, there's so much to choose from!

do any of you guys like bubble tea? (taiwanese drink with tapioca pearls in it)
there's a place in the atrium in auckland that does them but they have shocking service - don't go there. there are so many other better places you can go to!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 8th, '08, 13:26

never heard of it to be honest
but if its a tea im sure i wont like it ^_^
i am an extremely picky person

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Jan 10th, '08, 06:09

It's usually called bubble tea/pearl tea but the drink itself isn't always tea.. Sometimes it's flavoured slushie although my favourite is milk tea + selected flavour

this ring any bells?

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Jan 16th, '08, 10:05

...bump (bottom of page!!)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 28th, '08, 02:07

so our talking here has apparently come to a stop

so tell me guys
anything interesting happen in lil' ol' NZ lately
im home in a month :(

roxxyfakename

Post by roxxyfakename » Mar 15th, '08, 23:54

NothingElseToLose wrote:i checked out GNC today... the selection was a bit disappointing to be honest!
they have way more anime at borders and JB-HiFi. borders even has a new manga section, there's so much to choose from!

oops lol you are right this forum is going a bit quiet!!
and I started this one!! :P

Hey yeah, on Wellesly there is Sakura, they sell Mochi in several flavours... but they are expensive. the only other place that I know where to buy Mochi dango is from a Korean Dairy on Symonds St. its part of the madison apartments set, and next to the bus stops that head out Mt Eden/Dominion Rd ways.. And they are the best ones I have found so far!
If you are a huge fan of red bean like me then you will love them! nothing like it, so chewy (mmmmm nom nom nom....)

Oh yeah, GNC is pretty small, but its the first dedicated anime place in aucks. Boarders, JB High Fi, Dymocks, real groovy, and that place in the Metro all came in on the anime scene way after. Props Seong!
plus it has a nice manga lounge, holds a anime club (so i think it still does?), and is a major contributor to the annual Dojujinshi expo. I know its not the only place to get figurines too, but im kinda loyal, so I'll still order most through GNC
NothingElseToLose wrote:do any of you guys like bubble tea? (taiwanese drink with tapioca pearls in it)
there's a place in the atrium in auckland that does them but they have shocking service - don't go there. there are so many other better places you can go to!
OH MY GOSH! I know! the one I really dont like is the pearl tea joint down stairs in the asian (and 1 mexican) food court, between jay-jays and Dotti.
there used to be some really nice girls serving there, but now theres this rude as chick barely out of high school, what an attitude! I could have blown one of those bubbles in her face!

I love milk-tea, my fave at the moment is green bean, red bean... i would like a spearmint milk tea... im really not a fan of the bubbles or jelly anymore. im kinda over them :P

i havent actually watched too many drama's lately... ive been hanging out and learning korean from my friends. Lol, I got me a scooter and because I have been watching Coffee-Prince they call me Eun-chae ^_^
hehe, im so honored :P Plus they have treated me to "real" ja-jung myon. Black Bean noodles. Man THEY ARE SO GOOD! The best place is a korean joint out in Albany.

apart from that, How Is Everyone! who's in Uni now?
Can anyone recommend a good Chinese Drama. I was watching Romantic Princess. its good to learn new words from it... but Im not quite into drama's that go a bit ott on the acting...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Mar 16th, '08, 23:16

romantic princess is taiwanese not chinese
i dont know any chinese ones myself but if you wanna watch some taiwanese ones I could recommend a few
what sort of dramas do you like?

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Mar 21st, '08, 06:11

roxxyfakename wrote:
OH MY GOSH! I know! the one I really dont like is the pearl tea joint down stairs in the asian (and 1 mexican) food court, between jay-jays and Dotti.
there used to be some really nice girls serving there, but now theres this rude as chick barely out of high school, what an attitude! I could have blown one of those bubbles in her face!

I love milk-tea, my fave at the moment is green bean, red bean... i would like a spearmint milk tea... im really not a fan of the bubbles or jelly anymore. im kinda over them :P

i havent actually watched too many drama's lately... ive been hanging out and learning korean from my friends. Lol, I got me a scooter and because I have been watching Coffee-Prince they call me Eun-chae ^_^
gee, i haven't come to d-addicts for a LONG time!! good to see some fresh posts in the NZ thread though.

the foodcourt pearl place you are thinking of must be one of the worst pearls places in auckland. i recommend hulu cat on anzac ave - nice chill-out place and generous drink sizes (the slushy will blow your mind). it's opposite ken yakitori. and just up the rd near short street is japan mart. they sell daifuku there, strawberry and green tea are my favourites. they also sell mochi ice cream and ramune, yum.

i tried spearmint tea at a taiwanese restaurant on lorne st, their teas are a bit flat in my opinion.

i really want to check out the mochi at the korean places you mentioned now, didn't really think to find them at a korean store! whereabouts on wellesley is sakura? is it some sort of corner-store?

i have been on a drama/anime hiatus as well; don't quite have the energy these days but i'm sure i'll find the drama hunger again soon. you should try hana kimi (tw and jp versions) if you wanna check out new dramas. and i agree, romantic princess drags on a bit, i stopped at episode 7 (for now).
Last edited by NothingElseToLose on Mar 21st, '08, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

NothingElseToLose

Post by NothingElseToLose » Mar 21st, '08, 06:13

Yorokobi wrote:so our talking here has apparently come to a stop

so tell me guys
anything interesting happen in lil' ol' NZ lately
im home in a month :(
nothing interesting although crime seems to be up - that's all you see in the papers these days ever since january.

the best summer we've ever has is slowly fading away and the days aren't so long anymore, much to my disappointment.

out of tokyo and osaka, which do you recommend, tourist-wise?