GIRLS - What kind of guy do you like?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.

GIRLS - What kind of guy do you like?

The romantic type
15%
The cool type
14%
The shy type
10%
The funny type
30%
The smart type
17%
The sport type
2%
The crazy type
4%
The quit type
1%
The polite type
6%
The party type
1%

Total votes: 502

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Nov 20th, '05, 19:55

wow this is a really interesting thread to read

im can't quite believe it took me until just now that the "quit type" on the poll is actually quiet type.

Anyway moving along i feel maybe i dont have enough experience to really say as i've never had a boyfriend and dont really want one right now but i can still dream about the perfect guy right. The main thing i want in a guy is a guy who can argue with me, i mean i love to argue and yell and stuff and if he cant take the heat we he'll just have to go. Being smart and funny is just a sort of common thing that everyone hopes to find in their "significant other" so i spose im looking for that too. Looks.......sure a good looking guy would be nice but its not a main priority for me.

shimizu hiro

Post by shimizu hiro » Nov 20th, '05, 20:30

this is a very funny thread but girls/ladies arent you interested to hear what guys look for?

shimizu hiro

Post by shimizu hiro » Nov 20th, '05, 20:34

lilswtangel wrote: a guy who can look me in the eyes and talk equations out of nowhere is such a turnon...

i can't help it....................INTELLIGENCE itself is a turnon~ :roll
funny quote you have there !........you should get an engineer .....from my experience they know many many equations ....but how you find it a turn on while i fall sleep in class while learning these equations i find a mystery .......

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 20th, '05, 20:57

Hmmm... funny and smart seem to have got idealised in this poll. Well, let me tell you, from one funny and smart guy to all the funny and smart guys looking at this poll and wondering what the hell parallel universe these girls live in, girls like stupid guys with great bodies and just love to get kicked in the face by them. In moments of reflection they will tell themselves "ah, smart and funny, that's what I like", but when presented with the choice they will take the taciturn serial rapist with the great body every time.

Now before the girls here jump all over me, please understand I am not talking about you!! You are sophisticated enough to get online and track down doramas, and watch stuff with subtitles, and really do know what you like and want. But guys have got to realise that in forums like this they are dealing with the smartest fraction of a percent of all the girls on the planet, and shouldn't take the results of this poll and try to put them into practice on the mean streets ;^)

Mika_Ai

Post by Mika_Ai » Nov 22nd, '05, 07:09

If i can i would want someone who love me just the way i am. :wub:

xarien

Post by xarien » Nov 22nd, '05, 10:51

Girls like guys who they enjoy spending time with. The end.

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:57

no specific. none of the above actually because one guy could have the least two or three of the options. its the matter of attitude/ personality of a guy that makes one relationship worthwhile. you cannot foresee things that would probably come along. so whoever that guy was.. am just hoping that we could make things work out the way we want it to be. so far, no specific. leave it by to any one who came along. :-)

jyrds

Post by jyrds » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:03

I dont think the options are wide enough. Where is the option of the bad ass type? Or the basturd type? I'm seen as shy and smart by many of my female friends, and it hasnt helped me attract any girls that were actually interested. Hrmz, maybe im too nice or something that makes me classfied as a friend aka a chump. Well at least its better to have female friends than no females at all. Engineering faculty is full of guys. >.<

But then I have many different personalities... I tend to be more basturdy to guys..And attracted to girly guys like Yamapi... o.O I am not gay. And take both points of view about basically everything, which ends up confusing myself and freaking everyone else out. :D
Gah, too much reading = more knowledge. You think more knowledge = more answers, but more knowledge = more questions. Hence even more reading to get more answers. Opps i ranted on too long. :P

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:17

I always falls in love with the shy/polite type of guys but the cool/mysterious type always stole my heart afterwards :P

:alcoholic:

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:44

Yep. See? Cool/mysterious = serial rapist. Anyone who persists in seeming mysterious for more than five minutes is hiding something. There was this one girl I knew, I would tell her all about how much I liked deserts, and about hiking in deserts all over the world... and she would get this faraway look, and not say anything... very mysterious, I wondered what she was thinking... she was thinking "I f**king hate deserts!". Ah, but she was cool, and mysterious. At least with girls they don't suddenly attack you when they get tired of you, they just go off with some guy who likes rainforests.

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:51

Serial rapist huh :crazy:
Thank god the cool/mysterious type never approach me :mrgreen:

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:54

Then they steal your heart from a distance? I definitely... do not.... understand.

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:55

Yupe, my heart get easily stolen these days :P

Bille!

Post by Bille! » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:57

Let me distill what has been said to increase the constructional value of this thread.

This thread has shown that most girls get turned on by smart and funny guys. In other words, they want a guy who is **** and funny, but not goofy or overly arrogant.

Now I know that a lot of you went mad seeing Densha Otoko.. but that is not the way to go, trust me. These things do happen of course... just like when you win the lottery. Look at the stats for "shy guy" and you'll understand.

In short, they want a guy teasing them and who gives them witty remarks that throws them off-balance. That creates the sense of mystery, tension and playfullness that alll these girls long for and just told you about in this thread.

Now I'll leave what I have said for the girls to comment on.

P.S.: Girls, before you start PMing me like crazy: I live in the Netherlands and only date superhot women who do NOT sit around in their underwear watching drama all day .

jyrds

Post by jyrds » Nov 23rd, '05, 18:01

Well girls often want what just doesnt exist. Or is very rare. Same as guys. Too much emphasis on the 'perfect' patrner these days.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 23rd, '05, 18:03

I only date women who sit around in their underwear watching dorama all day, so go ahead and PM me.

xarien

Post by xarien » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:17

Bille! wrote:Let me distill what has been said to increase the constructional value of this thread.

This thread has shown that most girls get turned on by smart and funny guys. In other words, they want a guy who is **** and funny, but not goofy or overly arrogant.

Now I know that a lot of you went mad seeing Densha Otoko.. but that is not the way to go, trust me. These things do happen of course... just like when you win the lottery. Look at the stats for "shy guy" and you'll understand.

In short, they want a guy teasing them and who gives them witty remarks that throws them off-balance. That creates the sense of mystery, tension and playfullness that alll these girls long for and just told you about in this thread.

Now I'll leave what I have said for the girls to comment on.

P.S.: Girls, before you start PMing me like crazy: I live in the Netherlands and only date superhot women who do NOT sit around in their underwear watching drama all day .
Ding ding ding. I'm glad someone has a clue. =)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:26

Damn, no PM's... yet.

Aisling

Post by Aisling » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:44

:roll we all have something call "ideal" guy or girl but just in "fantasy world"
but in the end in real world believe me we end up falling for the one we never imagine , coz we cannot be thinking "I`ll fall for a guy like this or that" and that would happen...nop :D the person will show up and we will fall without explanation or premeditation......
or is it just my case? :wub:

jyrds

Post by jyrds » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:47

i concour. But then i like my fantasy world. it keeps me sane. Or was it insane? I can never tell the difference.

dana

Post by dana » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:48

Aisling wrote::roll we all have something call "ideal" guy or girl but just in "fantasy world"
but in the end in real world believe me we end up falling for the one we never imagine , coz we cannot be thinking "I`ll fall for a guy like this or that" and that would happen...nop :D the person will show up and we will fall without explanation or premeditation......

Yes, i feel you. Sometime even if you met the right guys but the timing is bad is still suck.

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 24th, '05, 00:00

dana wrote:
Aisling wrote::roll we all have something call "ideal" guy or girl but just in "fantasy world"

Yes, i feel you. Sometime even if you met the right guys but the timing is bad is still suck.
Or the "right guy" already have a girlfriend :glare:

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 24th, '05, 00:02

Hmmm... I PM'd myself, so I know it's working...

dana

Post by dana » Nov 24th, '05, 00:05

Shizuru wrote:
dana wrote:

Or the "right guy" already have a girlfriend :glare:

long story, make it short he live in another world

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 24th, '05, 00:08

I guess theres no sit-around-in-their-underwear-watching-dorama-all-day type of girl here or all of them already have a boyfriend :whistling:

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 24th, '05, 00:17

Or I am not smart and funny enough in the right way? I need to do what Bille does:

"Ah, what's that under your nose?"
"POINK! Haha, I fooled you, haha!"

Girls really go for that kinda humor, huh? I guess I just don't have what it takes. Shoot.

Hika.chan

Post by Hika.chan » Nov 24th, '05, 00:32

I can`t answer that question. :scratch: All the guys I fell in love with were totally different. I think it belongs to the situation when felling in love. If you`re depressed then you go for a strong guy who lends you a shoulder or makes you laugh. When you are surrouded by open-minded people the shy guy catchs your eye and so on.

And guys let me tellyou that look isn`t important. Even it is often denied it`s true. Your behaviour, attitude and charisma is catching the girls eye on your face. A girl will never love you when you`re a totally unacceptable person. :D

I want to fall in love ....... :wub:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 24th, '05, 00:43

Hika.chan wrote:And guys let me tellyou that look isn`t important. Even it is often denied it`s true. Your behaviour, attitude and charisma is catching the girls eye on your face. A girl will never love you when you`re a totally unacceptable person. :D
EXACTLY!! neither i.. dont go for the looks. its attitude of a person that matters most and how you two handle things at different circumstances. relationships either is not for public auction that whenever a guy or girls dates a totally gorgeous mankind.. then what do you get after?? its just a mere display of affection.. what is important and countless is what we felt deep within. so guys if you think you're totally handsome or gorgeous, watch out.. you cannot buy all things by means of your looks or by means of your pockets. and girls... think first before deciding on relationships.. you'll never knew guy's instincts unless proven otherwise. so think think think.. :whistling:

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 24th, '05, 00:52

I just got a very sweet PM from one of the girls here, so nyah nyah nyah!

diablonhn

Post by diablonhn » Nov 24th, '05, 12:06

are you sure it's from a girl?
pokute wrote:I just got a very sweet PM from one of the girls here, so nyah nyah nyah!

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 24th, '05, 16:26

ohhh...thats hard to say..

I mean i had crushes and stuff back in primary school.

I guess a guy who has good communication skills :whistling: I have no idea. >>;;

i'm sorry...wait till my brain is alive.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Nov 27th, '05, 23:29

All the girls here and even the guys are all talking about the right guy but when it comes down to it chances are if you find a guy you like he wont like you and if a guy likes you, you wont like him. There are too many people in this world for us to be able to easily find the one we want.

Man i sound pessimistic but thats just how it is, so i pretty much have givin up already. I dont go round looking for guys and i find guys dont exactly go round looking for me.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 27th, '05, 23:33

i like a romantic type of guy :wub: :wub: :wub:

dramalover

Post by dramalover » Nov 27th, '05, 23:34

Who doesn't want a funny guy. Life is boring without humour. I need someone who can make me laugh or he's just not worth it.

athida

Post by athida » Nov 28th, '05, 04:35

Can't pick just one. I like my guy to have a bit of everything. :wub: :D

jyrds

Post by jyrds » Nov 28th, '05, 09:37

Yay, someone who likes jack-of-all-trades! :D

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Nov 29th, '05, 00:03

I like the .. romantic, funny, smart, athletic, and spontaneous type of guy!! :D

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Dec 7th, '05, 21:40

romantic..

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 17th, '05, 19:44

Romantic
Hilarious
Understanding
Sporty
Cool

^^

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 17th, '05, 19:55

Romantic, Funny, & smart

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 18th, '05, 04:38

Yorokobi wrote:All the girls here and even the guys are all talking about the right guy but when it comes down to it chances are if you find a guy you like he wont like you and if a guy likes you, you wont like him. There are too many people in this world for us to be able to easily find the one we want.

Man i sound pessimistic but thats just how it is, so i pretty much have givin up already. I dont go round looking for guys and i find guys dont exactly go round looking for me.
Thats true.

Since its highly unlikey that we are going to suddenly find our "soulmate" or the "ONE" in our lifetime. As there many of us who don;t go looking for people who have those qualities.

We are at fault too, since we tend to have high expectations of each other and of the people around us. And its unlikely we are going to fall in love at first sight, since we are going to wonder if this person right?

And if we do meet a person one day, but he/she doesn't meet your standards then what are you going to do then? Since there are times you can't help who you like/love right?

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 18th, '05, 04:43

I like funny!!! xD

Because because I like to laugh :]

cees

Post by cees » Dec 18th, '05, 04:53

i like the romantic type of men................... that understands a girls feeling and respest her

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 22nd, '05, 11:58

i like fuuny guys. =D guys that makes me laugh.

shimy bimy

Post by shimy bimy » Dec 26th, '05, 13:29

i love the romantic type of guyz!!
that r also funny!!!

CuTiE 100%

Post by CuTiE 100% » Dec 26th, '05, 13:39

1-i like a guy who is alwayz there 4 me
2-crazy about me
3-romantic
4-loves me
5-respect me
6-fulfill my needs
7-polite
8-something close to bi(face and body)
9-funny
10-cool

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Feb 14th, '06, 08:49

I really like the type of guy that wears the tigher mask just like Mustmo Jan in Hana Youri Dango if you know what I mean.

it will be so great to meet someone like the main actor of prince first love he is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeee

Mika_Ai

Post by Mika_Ai » Feb 14th, '06, 08:59

me like jin akanishi type :D . funny :lol , act stupid, but cute at the same time. :wub:

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Feb 14th, '06, 09:16

i want shy guy...heheheh...because they can be damn hot at sometime...:P

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Feb 15th, '06, 08:22

wai_muna wrote:i want shy guy...heheheh...because they can be damn hot at sometime...:P
as if you mean Rain :lol

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 15th, '06, 08:41

hm... i used to like the shy-quiet type... but then i found out how boring and dull he can be... and very unromantic....

sooo.... i realized that i like the crazy-wild type like DOMYOUJI TSUKASA in HANA YORI DANGO!!!!!

cause shy-quiet guys aren't just attractive to me anymore... also... i'm starting to find older men... attractive in a way... but i'll never date them... just admire them...

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Feb 15th, '06, 10:12

I don't know why I always like the bold guys with no hair at all. like Bruce Wills and Vin Diesel. my sis tells me that I am crazy but I can't quit liking someone like bruce wills.

any has any crash for someone who is considered not handsome?

lyna

Post by lyna » Mar 6th, '06, 08:24

My prefect guy would be funny and polite.

Azngurl_meiying2006

Post by Azngurl_meiying2006 » Mar 9th, '06, 05:28

Hawt ,just taller than me,and funny type.^-^

ReiBirdina

Post by ReiBirdina » Mar 12th, '06, 11:51

~L~ ^-^ Hahaha :DYUL from Goong

tisa

Post by tisa » Mar 12th, '06, 12:12

First thing that came to my mind was polite, quiet and cool, maybe romantic too but that depends whatyou have in mind with romantic. I think I would go with innovative romantic but I can't believe it still surprises me if a guy opens the door for me. We don't see much of that these days i guess

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Mar 13th, '06, 16:48

tisa wrote:First thing that came to my mind was polite, quiet and cool, maybe romantic too but that depends whatyou have in mind with romantic. I think I would go with innovative romantic but I can't believe it still surprises me if a guy opens the door for me. We don't see much of that these days i guess
:lol :lol I know what you mean. I went out with a friend of mine, and her guy friends. When i was about to get into the car, he reached for the door and opened it for me. first my impression was ~~> :O then ~~> :blink . He just smiled and waited till i got in and closed the door. To myself, i was like "wow there are still guys like that?" :lol

For my ideal type, i want him to have a sense of humor, polite, and a bit shy (that's always cute), modest, and can sing me a beautiful song, as well as can dance XD

littlemonkey_3000

Post by littlemonkey_3000 » Mar 17th, '06, 19:29

I like a guy who is smart and funny. I really dont care if he is smart or not cause im not really that smart anyway,but i would like my guy to though.My guy have to be taller than me though that is a must( and Im 5'3 btw). I use to think that a guy who dress really well is gay, but now i think a guy who can dress is hot!

littlemonkey_3000

Post by littlemonkey_3000 » Mar 17th, '06, 19:32

I like a guy who is smart and funny. I really dont care if he is smart or not cause im not really that smart anyway,but i would like my guy to though.My guy have to be taller than me though that is a must( and Im 5'3 btw). I use to think that a guy who dress really well is gay, but now i think a guy who can dress is hot!

chinatown

Post by chinatown » Mar 19th, '06, 05:42

nevada-tan wrote:
ROFL maybe in romance novels. How the hell can the shy awkward guy land a chick if he's too shy to approch her?

Girls stop denying you're just as vain as guys are. You're looking for bling, or and good looking.
Well I'm an aggressive girl, so i approach the shy/awkward guy =P It's fun to watch them squirm
Those shy one are the sickest of them all. Don't say I didn't warn you when one day you get tie up somewhere unwillingly :D

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 19th, '06, 06:00

Seems like everyone like the funny type.

I think the love child of Gackt and Ninomiya would be perfect (that is if the genes get mixed up properly, or it could turn out pretty ugly).

But if I had to choose between Gackt and Ninomiya, I think I would go for Nino. I like him a lot since he shaved his head! :wub:

mya

Post by mya » Mar 24th, '06, 17:40

i like guys that are cute and smart... like KWON SANG WOO ....

elynchan

Post by elynchan » Mar 27th, '06, 11:05

haha... As handsome as Dennis O'neil (sweet spy ) as faithful and as rich as Li Joonki (My girl) . hahahahah in my dreams only..... :wub:
If there is really such a guy that exists.. the lucky one wouldn't be me either.. :cry:

Tellie

Post by Tellie » Apr 4th, '06, 23:50

a good sense of humour, definitely =D

chenwei

Post by chenwei » Apr 5th, '06, 00:06

girls, dont wanna ruin ur party but I couldnt resist voting too ><

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Apr 6th, '06, 01:43

ummm what type of guy. I think I would like to find someone who could go have a little of all types smart,funny,quiet,romantic,shy and party when the moment or situation called for or it that is what mood he would be in. That way you could have someone with a interesting personality to learn more about as you got to know them. But I have yet to find a person to fit. On with looking :-) .

Rainer.T88

Post by Rainer.T88 » Apr 6th, '06, 02:01

My goodness.... No one puts the sport type. I feel sad for many.
no ones gonna save you when you're drowning. the guy of your dreams cant swim

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Apr 6th, '06, 02:22

Rainer.T88 wrote:My goodness.... No one puts the sport type. I feel sad for many.
no ones gonna save you when you're drowning. the guy of your dreams cant swim
lol.. sporty would be good for me.. as i would love for my SO to play catch with our kids someday or teach them basketball.. however, it's not a requirement. if push comes to shove, i'll play catch with my kids until i can get them in school where they can play sports... XD

i'm content with nerdy but funny.. as long as they're thoughtful and loyal and treats me well.... :D oh, and is willing to go places (travel) and do things (learn ballroom dancing, etc) with me... i also would like them to be able to share all their thoughts with me... thankfully, my bf is very much like that... except he's not that quiet (but he's not talkative either)... and he's more of a science geek...

aibo

Post by aibo » Apr 18th, '06, 08:36

the "all-of-that" type (i.e. cool, smart, funny, etc) without the quitting personality =D

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Apr 26th, '06, 09:16

hermm...im not sure...but most of my ex's were sporty guys...i think i`ll go for shy guy..:P

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Apr 27th, '06, 01:25

Hmmm...basically everything on there except for quiting? Well I like the funny/smart people in general...and somehow, most of the people I like those sports...I think a person who does sports and tries soo hard to acheive a higher time and scores are attractive...well people I can admire! So people who try their best also, not those lazy ass people who just don't do anything and have no goal.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » May 2nd, '06, 17:02

@ 20centuryboy and jhoilc :lol :lol :lol ....you guys are sure funny.....btw 20centuryboy, I thought the "bird in a cage is very funny''....I laughed thru out the whole show, I even watched it again when rerun on TV, now your comment makes me want to watch the French version....I know the bird cage is a version of a French movie, so where can I get the movie ?.... :lol :lol :lol

mystiq

Post by mystiq » May 10th, '06, 17:33

The sensitive type (I suppose, considered romantic?) who accepts your flaws and quirks nonetheless. Ever-seeking for such an elusive person. Haha.

keiko001

Post by keiko001 » Aug 5th, '06, 22:25

he has to be tall and athletic
he has to be funny but not overdoing with it, because it might be seeming that he´s stupid and not serious
he has to be a cold guy but he should know the true meaning of love
always relaxed
bad boy in big baggy pants but with a brain in his head
he has to be a respectable guy
cute but not too cute, because he might look innocent and it´s warm - not cold!!

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 7th, '06, 00:35

well, I got my guy....he's a big catch....very nice, kind hearted, very patient (both of us), generous, understanding, hardworking. was sporty, but hasn't play seriously for quite a while now (though I kept pushing him to get back into it), he spoil me too much (and both of us spoil our 3 kids) one thing he always do for me , either at home or in a resturant; he always shelled my crabs and shrmips with out my asking him to and I really appreciate it....not too romantic side, but often ( I think guys are not just too romantic like us females do), good sense of humor, he's also sensitive and very smart too, and very loving too....he's one of the best :D....

hope all of you find your best partners too :-)....