SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 6th, '06, 05:54

kotaeshiranaihito wrote: Who knows, what you feel for the other girl might not even be love, but longing. The fact that she's not here everyday to show you her faults makes your picture of her rose colored.
I had thought about this too. Which is why I'm going to see her again one more time to make sure of myself.

I've had many close female friends over the years but none that I felt so strongly about in so short a time which is why its confusing to me. But the one close by is also the kindest and caring person I've ever met...*sigh* its freaking hard

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 6th, '06, 05:58

Ruroshin wrote:sigh* its freaking hard
You should be happy you have these problems :D
At least it means youre not as disillusioned as some others :whistling: i know. (like my self)

I have no idea, cant recall when I had thoughts like that last.
Dont let work get to you, but enjoy these feelings instead.
Even if it feels bad now, the outcome and growth is normally rewarding.
(and likely so for all involved)

kotaeshiranaihito

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Jan 6th, '06, 06:10

You must always love with heart AND with your head. A lot of people have trouble with the second part. And IMO loving with your head means facing reality (among other things).

I understand you have strong feelings for the girl that lives far away, but like I said, realistically your chances of a surviving relationship with her are very slim. Remember, you're not "settling" for this other girl, you said you love her too. Don't let your heart ruin your chances of something special. Once again, love with your heart AND your head.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 6th, '06, 06:21

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:You must always love with heart AND with your head. A lot of people have trouble with the second part. And IMO loving with your head means facing reality (among other things).

I understand you have strong feelings for the girl that lives far away, but like I said, realistically your chances of a surviving relationship with her are very slim. Remember, you're not "settling" for this other girl, you said you love her too. Don't let your heart ruin your chances of something special. Once again, love with your heart AND your head.
I have a couple of good internet friends, one of them lived in USA and the other lived in the Philippines. It was a long distance and online relationship. They hadn't meet each other face to face when they were "dating" but a few months ago, he flew to Philippines for his holiday and ask her to marry him. They are now engage. I saw from that if you love someone enough you can overcome the distance. (Hi Red and Leo if you're reading ^_^)

Using your head for these situation is something I know I should do. If I look at all the disadvantages of a long distance relationship I already know I should give her up but it just feels like I'm being cold if I write her off because its more convenient for me to go with the one that is close by. If I am to decide it can't be just for that reason.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 6th, '06, 12:37

WOOT!!!
lol this thread is alive again
can't finish readindg all 3 pages since i got go to school now.
lol brb!

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 6th, '06, 20:15

Oooh ohhh Why didnt I think of this...
A friend of min ehere said the solution for Ruro is simple...

He'll just have to convert and move to UAE or something... Then he can have 4 wifes.
Or ... hmm mormons had more than that when I lived over there... :blink
Then again... I guess they didnt consider that when you asked to date both of them. :crazy: hmmm sorry .. Just couldnt avoid relaying my friends suggestion.

Waits for Pwner4once to return with some wise words.
Where is Mythrel???

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 7th, '06, 02:57

oh god. jesus i just can't even finish reading the first page. :crazy:
this is really getting on to me. I don't know why, but it's making me angry. maybe it's due to teh fact today is friday night. I have to relax to do something unusual. anyways, i read some part and i want to say chase for your love and never give up. I just finished the K series named "only you." it made me angry because a girl ignored a man's love for 15 years and married with another guy. There are harsh facts in between. But i just want to say if u see the condition isn't good. why not give up instead of letting it ruining your life.

edit: I am watching the Memoirs of Geisha right now. Have anyone seen the moviE?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Jan 7th, '06, 20:21

LOL techie hahhaha ya I was gonna post something but He already knows XD What the hell I'll post it anyway. My advice was to think seriously about both of them and think about which one you have the most fun or enjoy being around the most. Which one do you feel more comfertable with. If it is the distance one then go for it don't settle for someone just because they are close. I guess she is a great girl too but I didn't mean it out of disrespect lol. Go with what your heart sings to you.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 7th, '06, 23:36

Mythrel wrote:LOL techie hahhaha ya I was gonna post something but He already knows XD What the hell I'll post it anyway. My advice was to think seriously about both of them and think about which one you have the most fun or enjoy being around the most. Which one do you feel more comfertable with. If it is the distance one then go for it don't settle for someone just because they are close. I guess she is a great girl too but I didn't mean it out of disrespect lol. Go with what your heart sings to you.
what do u mean by he already knows? who is he? :crazy:

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 8th, '06, 00:45

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:You must always love with heart AND with your head.
I was going to add one thing there...

If it sounds right to your head, feels right in your heart and you get that good feeling in your stomach then it should be right.

If the tummy isn't in it, then it won't be all right. :D

I'm not saying pick the one that cook's the best meal but you know already ...

I was also wondering who He was... hmmm

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 8th, '06, 01:03

techie wrote:
I'm not saying pick the one that cook's the best meal but you know already ...
actually they've both cooked for me already (well one was for the whole family) and both are very good :D

girl A had a girls night out yesterday, I got dragged along so she can introduce me her female friends. I got kinda nervous because I think I was being evaluated :unsure:

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Jan 8th, '06, 02:29

The question is who do you think I was talking to pwner? XD I was talking to Bonta-kun :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 8th, '06, 10:45

Back... I'm finally back.. pheww.. hate hospital!!! Damn it. I just get back from hospital. I stayed for observation because I was seriously ill due to food poisoning. Man that suck, the dude beside me passed away infront of my eyes!! HECK!! I hate hospital.. I really hate it.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 8th, '06, 20:44

Jeremiah wrote:Back... I'm finally back.. pheww.. hate hospital!!! Damn it. I just get back from hospital. I stayed for observation because I was seriously ill due to food poisoning. Man that suck, the dude beside me passed away infront of my eyes!! HECK!! I hate hospital.. I really hate it.
dude are u serious? :blink :blink
that sux. :crazy: :unsure:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 9th, '06, 04:14

so i guess this thread is dying. inevitable fact..

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 12th, '06, 13:59

Hey everyone, I need a good advice.

The girl who I really like (she's also my classmate) and I have started to become better friends lately, we can talk to eachother in a different way than before now, more freely and relaxed. So I think the time may be close now to ask is she wanna hang out with me after school some day. She is Chinese, but she's been living here in Sweden all her life. She's interested in her native language and country of course, and so am I, so I thought I should invite her home to me to watch a good Chinese movie together :) The advice I need now is: Does anyone know of a good Chinese movie we can watch together? It must have been released in the West of course so we (or I :D) can have English subtitles. And what kind of movie is most suitable for this? This would be the first time we do something together outside of school so it must be a movie suitable for the situation, and good of course :) I hope you guys have any tips :)

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jan 12th, '06, 16:35

Invite her over to watch sum oldschool sex n zen movies man, that get the party goin

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 12th, '06, 18:47

Benoist-lover wrote:The advice I need now is: Does anyone know of a good Chinese movie we can watch together?
If you want a comedy one, go for stephen chow's movies (lawyer lawyer, fight back to school, saint of gamblers etc), they are hilarious, you can find them on torrentspy and go to kloofy for subtitles.

Or you can still download Jackie Chan's latest movie, The Myth, available at FSC (link is in the link of interest) and same for subs go to kloofy.

And don't listen to athrunjustice, what the hell is he thinking? Invite a girl for the first time to watch sex related movies. He's just insane.

akagi

Post by akagi » Jan 12th, '06, 20:25

Comedic movies are the most suitable in these situation...it's your first time watching movie with her....i don't know much about chinese...i guess Jacky Chan's and Stephen Chow's movies are hilarious....
true, don't listen to athrunjustice....watching sex-related movie first time with her will show you're a sex maniac.....haha

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 12th, '06, 21:43

Thanks for the tips! Haha no I will definitely NOT watch sex movies with her on our first meeting :D

So you think I should go for a comedy movie then? Yeah maybe a romantic one would be a little embarrassing, or I don't know. If we watch a sad romantic movie and she gets sad I can comfort her :D Does anyone else have an opinion about the genre? Now I got some movie titles for comedy, so I can try them out if that's the genre I should go for.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 12th, '06, 21:58

there are lots of chinese slapstick movies, i for one really love my slapstick movies and mabye she will too....

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 13th, '06, 02:03

hm... speaking of chinese or more asian culture. would "the memoirs of a geisha" ring a bell? yea i know i noe. it's not really a chinese movie rather a movie made out of a japanese novel.

so second, chinese movie. give us some personality of her, such as habit and how she places her perspective in things. some might think comedy is foolish while hardship are ironic and life altering which probably would result in completely different result. maybe that? if u still want movies. hm... there is a chinese movie named 早熟. search on the internet and u must find it. talking about a teenager couple's hardship. pretty saddle but true.

JB12

Post by JB12 » Jan 13th, '06, 04:21

Hey Benoist-lover. I'm glad that you have taken an intrest in someone. It better to not watch a romantic or drama movie for the first time. It might show a sign of relationship, even though you want to start one with her. But it will be painful if she dosen't feel the same. I would sugguest watching something that is comedy or so. I would highly sugguest Kung-Fu hustle or Shaolin Soccer.

goota

Post by goota » Jan 13th, '06, 05:36

Shaolin Soccer! Steven Chow rox0rz

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 13th, '06, 07:59

I forgot to add Lucky Guy still a stephen chow movie. If you really want a pure comedy where you can both enjoying laughing, got for Saint of Gamblers of Stephen Chow. I've forgot the complete casting but one thing is sure, the cast was neat and funny. Lawyer Lawyer would be the 2nd order of preference. For the latest, KungFu Hustle but I won't really go for Shaolin Soccer, it isn't that funny, but it is good to watch.

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 14th, '06, 16:49

pwner4once wrote:hm... speaking of chinese or more asian culture. would "the memoirs of a geisha" ring a bell? yea i know i noe. it's not really a chinese movie rather a movie made out of a japanese novel.

so second, chinese movie. give us some personality of her, such as habit and how she places her perspective in things. some might think comedy is foolish while hardship are ironic and life altering which probably would result in completely different result. maybe that? if u still want movies. hm... there is a chinese movie named 早熟. search on the internet and u must find it. talking about a teenager couple's hardship. pretty saddle but true.
Yeah Memoirs of a Geisha is a Japanese movie, isn't it?

Hmm personality.. I don't really know her that deep, but she has told me she likes romantic movies, but not which company she prefers to watch them in :) She's intelligent, outgoing, kind etc :) I know she likes romantic movies, she should like comedy ones too I think, because she's got good humor and laughs often :) But that movie you mentioned, 早熟, I can't find it anywhere :( Do you know where to get it with English subtitles?
JB12 wrote:Hey Benoist-lover. I'm glad that you have taken an intrest in someone. It better to not watch a romantic or drama movie for the first time. It might show a sign of relationship, even though you want to start one with her. But it will be painful if she dosen't feel the same. I would sugguest watching something that is comedy or so. I would highly sugguest Kung-Fu hustle or Shaolin Soccer.
Hey, thank you :) The majority is suggesting a comedy movie, and maybe that's the best, if she understand my feelings if we watch a romantic movie and she doesn't like me back it would be very painful. On the other hand, she likes romantic movies, maybe she would be glad if I wanted to show one to her in her native language. It's so hard to know.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 14th, '06, 19:57

Do as you see fit. If she's interested in you I don't think that a romantic movie would put her off. Both romantic and comedy would go along the situation but I would recommend comedy since it is the very first time. The second time you can pull one of the best romantic movie and show her (romantic with Andy Lau movies are the best).

Memoirs of a Geisha is produced by the USA and directed by the the director of Chicago with chinese actress Zhang Ziyi and most of the cast are of American-Japanese. I won't recommend it for the moment. You better go for some Hong Kong movie.

You can find most movie at FSC and subtitles at kloofy (check link of interest)

JB12

Post by JB12 » Jan 14th, '06, 22:26

Go for Kung-Fu Hustle the romantic scene is at the end which is very good and the comedy from the beginning is just too halarrious. Best of luck!!!

Feather

Post by Feather » Jan 14th, '06, 23:32

I would go with Kung-Fu Hustle too. Fits perfectly in that situation. Kinda creates an enjoyable, relaxed atmosphere without any tensions. :thumleft:

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 15th, '06, 00:55

i loved kung fu hustle ^^ the ending really makes you smile

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 15th, '06, 18:20

JB12 wrote:Do as you see fit. If she's interested in you I don't think that a romantic movie would put her off. Both romantic and comedy would go along the situation but I would recommend comedy since it is the very first time. The second time you can pull one of the best romantic movie and show her (romantic with Andy Lau movies are the best).

Memoirs of a Geisha is produced by the USA and directed by the the director of Chicago with chinese actress Zhang Ziyi and most of the cast are of American-Japanese. I won't recommend it for the moment. You better go for some Hong Kong movie.

You can find most movie at FSC and subtitles at kloofy (check link of interest)
Any movies with Andy Lau you would recommend?

I think I should go for kung fu hustle the first time then, it seems to be the best alternative. I just hope she hasn't seen it yet :)

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 15th, '06, 18:21

I can't edit my message but I was quoting Jeremiah, not JB12 :) My mistake

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 15th, '06, 20:41

I can't really remember all the movies, but I do remember one which is "Dance With The Dragon" by Andy Lau & Shara Cheung, a bit old though, '93 I guess, but the latest movie of Andy Lau is "All about love" with female cast Charlie Cheung & Charlene Choi, a melo-drama/romance movie where Andy Lau lost twice his wife (Charlene Choi) and Charlie Cheung (being donated the heart of Charlene Choi). I almost cried out my heart at the end of the movie. So moving. Keep that one for a special day LOL

Edit: Both mentioned movie is available at FSC, just checked.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jan 17th, '06, 06:19

long time no see :P

Well, I'm back but not for much time... I'm not single anymore... I graduated :lol !!

Tank you all... love you!!

Jaa ne :salut:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 17th, '06, 06:45

gibonite wrote:long time no see :P

Well, I'm back but not for much time... I'm not single anymore... I graduated :lol !!

Tank you all... love you!!

Jaa ne :salut:
Omedeto Gozaimasu Gibonite-chan!! Glad you came back from *eeerrmm if my memory still recalls* china graduated :D

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jan 17th, '06, 06:49

Jeremiah wrote:[
Omedeto Gozaimasu Gibonite-chan!! Glad you came back from *eeerrmm if my memory still recalls* china graduated :D
wow! I'm impressed :P you remember?

Well, My boyfriend is french, but i was... kind of busy before posting here.

I hope you the best for the future :thumright:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 17th, '06, 06:54

LOL I have to dig deep inside my head and bang it on the wall to retrieve extra information from it :P

That's nice you've finally find someone :D Wish you all the best with him :D

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jan 17th, '06, 07:02

Thanks a lot... :salut:

Maybe see you in another thread :mrgreen:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 17th, '06, 07:04

Heh, that doesn't mean you can't participate in this thread when you're graduated lol. We're not like Densha here. You're welcome to post again.

rocket12

Post by rocket12 » Jan 17th, '06, 07:08

hope its not too late but i would recommend Love on a diet, it has andy lau and sammi cheng they make a really nice pair. They also made a lot of movies together in the romance and romance comedy genre. Of the top of my head, Yesterday once more (dont remember the exact name sorry), Say you love me, and Needing You are really good movies. At least IMO they are good but at the same time i am a sammi :wub: and andy :thumleft: fanboy. lol

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jan 18th, '06, 02:10

Jeremiah wrote:Heh, that doesn't mean you can't participate in this thread when you're graduated lol. We're not like Densha here. You're welcome to post again.
I'll stay then :P

lowkickingninja

KITAAA!! I FOUND A SINGLES RANT FORUM XDDD

Post by lowkickingninja » Jan 18th, '06, 06:43

:sweat: i've been needing some help with my love life here... and i've been getting advice from my friend but i think i'd do better if i went densha style and got some advice from random forum go-ers from around the world with odd lookin rooms and costume XD....ok maybe not taht last part but i sure do need advice guys :-(

gibonite

Re: KITAAA!! I FOUND A SINGLES RANT FORUM XDDD

Post by gibonite » Jan 18th, '06, 06:52

lowkickingninja wrote::sweat: i've been needing some help with my love life here... and i've been getting advice from my friend but i think i'd do better if i went densha style and got some advice from random forum go-ers from around the world with odd lookin rooms and costume XD....ok maybe not taht last part but i sure do need advice guys :-(
Well, doso :-)

I hear wathever you have to say :-)

lowkickingninja

Post by lowkickingninja » Jan 18th, '06, 06:59

:nuts: i dont really know where to start....hmmm :sweat: sorry for useless post, i'll be sure to come up with something soon Sempai

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jan 18th, '06, 07:18

lowkickingninja wrote::nuts: i dont really know where to start....hmmm :sweat: sorry for useless post, i'll be sure to come up with something soon Sempai
:D don't be afraid ! We're hear to support you, not to judge you... OK?

Maybe... start from the beginning?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: KITAAA!! I FOUND A SINGLES RANT FORUM XDDD

Post by Xi@h » Jan 18th, '06, 07:20

lowkickingninja wrote::sweat: i've been needing some help with my love life here... and i've been getting advice from my friend but i think i'd do better if i went densha style and got some advice from random forum go-ers from around the world with odd lookin rooms and costume XD....ok maybe not taht last part but i sure do need advice guys :-(
:w000t: a new comer? Konnichiwa, hajimemashite.

I ditto what gibonite said. We're here to help. So tell us about your problems, either major or minor and we'll try to help you out as much as we can.

lowkickingninja

uwaaa

Post by lowkickingninja » Jan 18th, '06, 07:35

:P this is how densha felt neeeh? all loved and liek he could say anything. thanks you guys its a little late where i am so uh.......probably wont post till a while into tomorrow. thx for greetin the n00bie! yoroshiku onegai shi-mas!
huh, i'm listening to Otsuka Ai right now, just noticed your avatar

gibonite

Re: uwaaa

Post by gibonite » Jan 18th, '06, 07:40

lowkickingninja wrote::P this is how densha felt neeeh? all loved and liek he could say anything. thanks you guys its a little late where i am so uh.......probably wont post till a while into tomorrow. thx for greetin the n00bie! yoroshiku onegai shi-mas!
hai hai yoroshiku !

allright, see you toomorow!

Hum... i would like to say one more thing: "simply be loved, is more than enough"... That's maybe we are all looking for here. Great for me :thumright:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: uwaaa

Post by Xi@h » Jan 18th, '06, 08:32

lowkickingninja wrote::P this is how densha felt neeeh? all loved and liek he could say anything. thanks you guys its a little late where i am so uh.......probably wont post till a while into tomorrow. thx for greetin the n00bie! yoroshiku onegai shi-mas!
She's the girl who stole my heart :wub: :wub: :wub:

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 18th, '06, 15:13

Oh No! Today I asked the girl I like if she wanted to study math with me, because we have a big math exam on Friday, but she said that she couldn't because she had to be home early today and tomorrow. Does that mean I should just give up on her? I mean if she had wanted she could have said yes, maybe she was only making an excuse now because she doesn't like me. What do you think?

Feather

Post by Feather » Jan 18th, '06, 16:42

I think you should do the densha otoko -trick and boost up your style. In clothes, hair, everything :p then try again looking and smelling divine. But I don't think she made up excuses because she doesn't like you. You would have noticed if she doesn't like you at all.
Don't give up on her. :thumright:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 18th, '06, 17:36

Benoist-lover wrote:Oh No! Today I asked the girl I like if she wanted to study math with me, because we have a big math exam on Friday, but she said that she couldn't because she had to be home early today and tomorrow. Does that mean I should just give up on her? I mean if she had wanted she could have said yes, maybe she was only making an excuse now because she doesn't like me. What do you think?
Don't stress yourself too much. What if she is very busy? Why don't you take the slowest path instead of the quick path? Build that special relationship with her first, let her have confidence in you. If you do take the quick path, you'll surely hit the wall without even notice it. By taking the slowest path, you'll get to know everything about her and you'll know how to tackle any situation around her. Think twice about it. Take your time buddy.

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 18th, '06, 18:04

Feather wrote:I think you should do the densha otoko -trick and boost up your style. In clothes, hair, everything :p then try again looking and smelling divine. But I don't think she made up excuses because she doesn't like you. You would have noticed if she doesn't like you at all.
Don't give up on her. thumright
Hehe! In fact I did that over the Christmas holidays, I bought new nice clothes, changed my hair and started to fix it up everyday, and it was when we returned from the holidays she and I started to get better friends. Hehe, I don't know if it's that or if I just got more confidence when I knew I was looking good, so I would get the courage to talk more freely to her. Yeah maybe you're right, maybe she would be totally off towards me if she dislikes me.
Jeremiah wrote:Don't stress yourself too much. What if she is very busy? Why don't you take the slowest path instead of the quick path? Build that special relationship with her first, let her have confidence in you. If you do take the quick path, you'll surely hit the wall without even notice it. By taking the slowest path, you'll get to know everything about her and you'll know how to tackle any situation around her. Think twice about it. Take your time buddy.
Yeah maybe she really is busy. Well anyways, do you mean that I tried to take the quick way by asking her if she wanted to study together with me? I definitely want to take it slow! Do you think I have spoiled all my chances now when I tried to advance too fast? I thought it wasn't such a big deal for two friends to study together, but maybe she thinks I'm going too fast and now I have scared her away :(

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 18th, '06, 18:19

Don't worry Benoist-Lover. You haven't scare her yet. But just take the slow step. Learn more about her first then tackle her gentle without being too agressive. You're on the right path but just take it easy and don't stress yourself.

Maybe Mythrel could give you more advice, he's a real pro. Where's he now? MYTHREL?? DICK-SAN?? :P

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 18th, '06, 19:56

Okay I'm just gonna be with her as usual in school and get to know her better, and maybe she wants to study for the next exam :) So maybe inviting her over to watch a movie is a bit too quick too, yeah I think so. Thank you Jeremiah, I'm gonna take it easy! :)

Some advices from Mythrel would be nice of course :)

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 18th, '06, 21:51

ai. i guess its now my turn for some advice.

heres the thing. currently at school i have no interest in anyone. but lately theres this guy whos friends with one of my friends and me and this guy < lets call him.. joe >..
so me and joe got put in this huge weird convo that lasted like 4 hours. and then he added me and now he talks to me lots like were best friends. i also found out that hes been asking about me a bit < but im not really shur if my source is all that reliable >... and now i cant stop thinking about this guy.

even though we are in the same school an both of us are known by practically the whole grade, neither of us has actaully met each other. do you think that i like this guy or i am just curious to know him? and is it possible that he may like me???

thanks in advance.. i just need to clear this confusion up.. my exams for sem one are coming in about half a week!! XD

lowkickingninja

Post by lowkickingninja » Jan 18th, '06, 22:49

whisperss_57 wrote:ai. i guess its now my turn for some advice.

heres the thing. currently at school i have no interest in anyone. but lately theres this guy whos friends with one of my friends and me and this guy < lets call him.. joe >..
so me and joe got put in this huge weird convo that lasted like 4 hours. and then he added me and now he talks to me lots like were best friends. i also found out that hes been asking about me a bit < but im not really shur if my source is all that reliable >... and now i cant stop thinking about this guy.

even though we are in the same school an both of us are known by practically the whole grade, neither of us has actaully met each other. do you think that i like this guy or i am just curious to know him? and is it possible that he may like me???

thanks in advance.. i just need to clear this confusion up.. my exams for sem one are coming in about half a week!! XD
sounds to me like you are just curious, but u never know, you could really like him and after meeting him just be like :heart: oh and he might like you... cause i got to like this girl i chatted with a bunch but never met before... but i dont like her anymore, we're just mass good friends
and i'm back

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 19th, '06, 06:45

Benoist-lover wrote:Okay I'm just gonna be with her as usual in school and get to know her better, and maybe she wants to study for the next exam :) So maybe inviting her over to watch a movie is a bit too quick too, yeah I think so. Thank you Jeremiah, I'm gonna take it easy! :)

Some advices from Mythrel would be nice of course :)
It would be better you ask her to go for a movie at the theatre at the moment, rather than alon with you. She might get the wrong idea if you ask her for a movie just you two alone. Get it? Now, that's a good decision to learn more about her. Yes, it would be better to know her round about and but don't take too much long. Try to learn a maximum in a short time period like one month and make sure there's no other guy lurking around her. If there's any, I'm afraid you'll have to confess very quick.
whisperss_57 wrote:ai. i guess its now my turn for some advice.

First of all, hello and welcome to SR Thread.

Secondly and lastly, it's not just curiousity between you too. There's something between you two that can't really explain. May be an online relationship. Why don't you give it a try and keep talking with him to know where you stand really. There's a possibility that he likes you since all these questions, but one thing I'm wondering about. Are these questions concern about your private life? Asking you about your hobbies, what do you like and what do you dislike? These are questions that normally gives sign he is interested in you.

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 19th, '06, 17:56

Jeremiah wrote:It would be better you ask her to go for a movie at the theatre at the moment, rather than alon with you. She might get the wrong idea if you ask her for a movie just you two alone. Get it? Now, that's a good decision to learn more about her. Yes, it would be better to know her round about and but don't take too much long. Try to learn a maximum in a short time period like one month and make sure there's no other guy lurking around her. If there's any, I'm afraid you'll have to confess very quick.
Good idea, I'm gonna get to know her more first and wait for a good opportunity until I ask her out for a movie. There is no other guy lurking around her in school at least, I can't know what's happening after school, maybe she already has a boyfriend. It would be easier if I knew she's single, then I would know at least there is an opportunity.

By the way, a friend of mine, who knows of my love for her, told me today that he things that I talk too much with her! I can't understand what he means, how can you talk too much with someone? I mean, if she wouldn't like to talk to me it would be obvious. She'd just tell me that she doesn't want to talk to me, either that or she'd just ignore me or mumble some dull answer for me, but as it is now she talks to me like we're normal friends, so I can't understand how we could talk too much! He told me that when he looks at us he thinks it's obvious that I'm hitting on her, but if that's so she of course would have noticed it too, and if she would have liked me to stop she could just say that she's not interested or that she already has a boyfriend, but she hasn't said anything like that. What do you think? Should I talk less to her? :unsure:

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 19th, '06, 21:13

. What do you think? Should I talk less to her?
its quite funny because just ive noticed that "joe" has been talkign to me a bit less. so either hes uber busy, or he doesnt have any interest in me..

Are these questions concern about your private life?
the questions ive been told that he has been asking are like " what is she like " what classes does she have?" "where does she hang arounda t lunch " so i guess its not really that personal.
i'm thinking mabye i should drop this. at least until exams are over. my head is overflowign with math english and bio info... ^^

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 20th, '06, 06:22

@whisperss_57, you can give it a try but after all, do as you see fit.

@benoist-lover, no not really talk less with her. Keep the talk moderate. Don't be too agressive. Just have casual convo with her, just to keep the track on.

lowkickingninja

Post by lowkickingninja » Jan 20th, '06, 06:55

hmmm, i dont really have to post stuff i guess, just reading these other people's posts is giving me ideas on how to improve my situation :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 20th, '06, 07:18

lowkickingninja wrote:hmmm, i dont really have to post stuff i guess, just reading these other people's posts is giving me ideas on how to improve my situation :D
As a matter of fact, all relationships have the same problem. But you can still share your sorrows and pain here.

palmdrive

Post by palmdrive » Jan 20th, '06, 07:20

lol Singles Ranting Thread. Kita~~~~~~~~~
cool!

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 20th, '06, 17:57

whisperss_57 wrote:its quite funny because just ive noticed that "joe" has been talkign to me a bit less. so either hes uber busy, or he doesnt have any interest in me..
Hehe, you want him to talk more and I'm wondering if I talk too much ^^
Jeremiah wrote:@benoist-lover, no not really talk less with her. Keep the talk moderate. Don't be too agressive. Just have casual convo with her, just to keep the track on.
Okay, thanks! I'll do that :) Now there is another thing I'm wondering about, sorry if I ask too much :( Today I found out that her birthday is next Saturday, January 28. Of course I'm gonna congratulate her on Friday, but do you think I should send an sms to her on Saturday and congratulate her then too? Would that be a ridiculous thing to do? Maybe she'll be happy to be congratulated on her birthday. And if she mentions it on Monday it means that she appreciated it. If she doesn't say a word about it then she doesn't care or just thought it was annoying, but then I know that at least. What do you think, should I do it?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 20th, '06, 18:52

Don't do anything before and wait till Friday midnight SHARP and call her to wish her a happy birthday. This is what I wanna do if I have a girlfriend *ahh sigh*. I think that she'll be very surprised that you have waited till midnight to wish her a happy birthday. NO SMS, that will ruin everything. Calling her by midnight will show that you care for her and who knows how she'll respond. I bet she'll be so happy.. Anyway, that's my idea, you can do better to surprise her. Good luck!!!!

Benoist-lover

Post by Benoist-lover » Jan 20th, '06, 21:35

Are you serious? An SMS would ruin everything but not to call her at midnight to wish her a happy birthday? Isn't that to be too aggressive? How embarrassing wouldn't it be if I called her at midnight and disturbed her while she's sleeping with her boyfriend? :faint: :( I have never called her before, and to call her at midnight would certainly make her angry and I could never show my face in school anymore :(

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 20th, '06, 22:00

Been "bumping in to" some ladies for the past two weeks now, but their all more or less the wrong kind of ladies 8)

Not that bad ones can't be good too but not in that way. It's not something to build something on. Anyway...

One thing you start noticing is, subtle suggestions, "try this", "do that", "be this"... and I keep coming out with the upper hand thinking...
"If this that and the other isn't right, then why do you even bother suggesting something."

I mean, if this that and the other isn't right to start with, how could it be something else in the future.
Nah... women who wants to change everything they see because they want to see something else, are never right.

So I'll stick to my old saying...
"If ladies want something from me,
they know where to find me!", and Yes
I'll continue to be lazy cause at least I'm not advertising something they cant have,
at a price thats to high. The price being my own sanity.

Nuff rant. Shigoto Shigoto...

Byakuya

Post by Byakuya » Jan 20th, '06, 22:03

if she was your girl then she would be waiting for your call at 12.. but if not.. it would just seem awkard and weird. that's what i think

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Jan 20th, '06, 23:23

hi!!

i actually haven't been reading this thread lately but awhile back i was indulge in reading from this thread...i actually have a problem here seeking advice and support...i've never had a girlfriend, i'm 20 yrs old now and in college...i've never thought about a relationship back in highschool until i've attended college and every now and then i feel so alone sometimes without a significant other to share my times of joyness or my time of sadness with...I have so many guy friends and alot of female acquaintences but no real female friends...I've have had so many regrets in the past one after the other...In my freshmen year of college i had gotten to know a girl that i definately know who was interested in me by the way we talk and flirted with each other but i was too shy to confess that i like her and that moment slipped away...and in the same year i had gotten to kno another girl as well and we became good friends who was simply a good friend but sadly she had to attend another university which is in one of the western side of the US which is faraway from the East where i live(she is probably the only female friend i can say i really had and i talk to her on aim messenger occasionally to keep in touch but it certainly is not the same as her being here giving me advice)...

it is not easy to find another person who captivated me like the girl i met freshmen year but i tried to be open minded and i had gotten to kno this other girl sophomore year, whom we connected instantly and we really got to know each other but the problem was that she had a boyfriend and even though the relationship between them wasn't good at the moment and i could've had a chance with her, i was too afraid of being denied by her and/or afraid that i'll be the one to ruin their relationship which seems to me that i would be the bad guy(she is back with her boyfriend again)...And as such, i had lost my chance yet again with another girl who could've been the love of my life...

This is the third year of my college life and from the last few experiences, i have lost all motivation in relationship matters, it was kind of a setback and i have lost confidence in myself...I keep telling myself now that it will happen when it will happen but with me losing motivation and putting no effort in trying to develop a relationship, it definately won't happen again...I'm particularly shy with girls now after so many things that have happened but i still try to be open and maybe this is the reason why i have so many female acquaintences still...i kno i need to develop courage with girls again but do not kno how to approach it? i gotta say alot of nice girls, pretty ones too approaches me still and they are very friendly and we say hi and all, chit chat a bit and then bid our farewells, but i really do not kno how to develop a relationship with these female acquaintences whom seem interested in me, what should i say to the girls who approaches me and how would i be able to get to kno them better? pls help, i need a boost in confidence again and tips :unsure:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 20th, '06, 23:26

for those that remember my wierd situation well its been resolved. I discovered where my heart truely belongs and I am very happy being with one of them now and have cleanly broken up with the other. I dated both of them for a few weeks, had broken up with both of them at different points in time. One of the breakup made me sad but the other actually very painful for me so I knew I just couldn't let her go and now we're back together, she could possibly be the ONE too :D

lowkickingninja

Post by lowkickingninja » Jan 21st, '06, 00:22

ooomfg today was like the last day of the semester and i like wont have the girl i like in my class anymore! what should i do?? :cry:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 21st, '06, 03:01

Benoist-lover wrote:Are you serious? An SMS would ruin everything but not to call her at midnight to wish her a happy birthday? Isn't that to be too aggressive? How embarrassing wouldn't it be if I called her at midnight and disturbed her while she's sleeping with her boyfriend? :faint: :( I have never called her before, and to call her at midnight would certainly make her angry and I could never show my face in school anymore :(
OMG!! See how I'm bad at giving ideas?? :blink :blink :crazy: :crazy: You're right!!! You better have some pros advice!! Seems SRT doesn't interest Mythrel anymore :cussing:

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Jan 21st, '06, 03:15

No it just seems like I can't help anyone XD I'll read back to see whats going on haven't really been around lately.

Ok Benoist, The birthday thing it all depends on where you and her stand at that point in time. If you guys are friends at that point you could pull the sweet move by buying a cute present. Could be even something you two share in common. Where do you two stand? Have you guys ever done anything after school together even with other friends?do you only talk to her at school? Have you asked her about the movie? I don't think you should worry bout the boyfriend thing. Usually they will bring him up somehow in conversation so if she doesn't bring up in coversation with you there is a good chance she doesn't. Exams are coming up so I don't think you should take it as a sign things are over she is probably actually busy. Just don't try to push anything.

whisperss_57, Welcome. I think you have a crush on joe. Until one of you open up how you feel about each other it will go unsaid. It sounds like he is intrested. He might have become more quiet because he is discouraged. It depends on if you really see something in him only you can answer that.

Ruroshin I am happy to hear that!! I hope only the best for the two of you.

gibonite, Wow I am glad to see you are doing just fine :lol

Welcome to the forums movieaddict. Don't try to build it so much in your head like its a magical experience. Its a good sign if women are approaching you XD Have a little more faith in yourself. What happens when they come up to you? You lose the things you want to say? Stumble your words? Can't look at them? Just try to feel as comfertable at that moment as you can.

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Jan 21st, '06, 10:01

Mythrel wrote: Welcome to the forums movieaddict. Don't try to build it so much in your head like its a magical experience. Its a good sign if women are approaching you XD Have a little more faith in yourself. What happens when they come up to you? You lose the things you want to say? Stumble your words? Can't look at them? Just try to feel as comfertable at that moment as you can.
thanks for replying back mythrel :lol...i forgot something important in my first post which is the reason why i was shy and afraid to confess to the girl i first met freshmen year, it was because i knew that one of my friends liked her too and me not wanting to ruin our friendship backed off(my friend and her were in a relationship for awhile but it didn't work out)...i am not so sure if i made a bad decision back then because i let her slipped away where now i hardly see her and if i accidently do bump into her it is just an occasional greeting and asking how each other are doing...do you think i was stupid to back off back then because i didn't want to risk my friendship with my good friend over a girl? and if a situation like this ever happens again where both the girl and i have feelings for each other should i pursue her anyways despite putting my friendship on the line?

well back to the topic, after experiencing these events in my life with these two different girls from my previous years in college, there are so many 'what if's' that comes into my mind... i kno that the past will be past and i should be looking forward to the future because there alot of good girls out there, i kno i kno...as i have said before i have no girls whom i can call friends, but i have alot of female acquaintances whom seem interested in me...i actually have no real problems in talking with girls but i try to keep my cool most of the time when approached by girls trying not to show her that i really am interested in knowing her more because i'm afraid that i'll scare her away if i am too eager in trying to get to know her...is this my problem, should i keep my cool under these situations? if this is my problem would showing her that i am interested scare her away? i can talk to these girls fine but i just do not know how to create any opportunities with these girls so that i can get to know them better, is there any tips or advice on how to carry a conversation with her and arrange an opportunity for us to get to know each other better?...I'm solely looking for a platonic relationship with these wonderful girls right now and if something more does comes out of one of these relationships, goodness gracious i'll be the happiest man alive that i have found HER... :D