Interracial dating... your views?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
KniteMare

black and yellow combination.

Post by KniteMare » Aug 14th, '06, 11:22

bugsie wrote:interracial dating is not an issue unless you are a racist.
aNToK wrote:I think interracial dating often produces very gorgeous kids.
speaking of kids, i haven't seen a black & yellow combination. and i wonder what they look like.
I have seen a few and they dont look good. Not a good mix.

KniteMare

Post by KniteMare » Aug 14th, '06, 11:53

para~white wrote:I will give my opinion now-
Well I guess I cannot be against it.. that would just be ridiculous.. I have had many girlfriends (I am white) and not one of them have been white.
It is because I am necessarily against white girls.. it is just harder to find girls that share similar interests with me.

I guess my final answer is i am don't see that it makes any different.. if you love someone because of something so juvenile as their skin color.. you are not being fair on yourself or your loved one... <3 My girlfriend is named Rie Chikazawa.. ex - girlfriend was Jiadi Liang... before was Min - Su.. so i dint think i can ever say that Interracial relationships are bad.. they work for me ^_^
interracial dating is not an issue unless you are a racist.
I too am white and almost all my girlfriends or relationships in the past have been with asian women and not because of something as stupid as an asian fetish but because we got along so well, shared so many of the same beliefs and interests, and we just matched each other in many different ways. My fiance is pure Thai and again I am white but we love each other very much, are very happy, open minded, and her family approves of our marriage. I also don't like white girls, mainly because of their attitudes and personality. Also because they are so superficial, materialistic, and spoiled. Many people say oh u should stick to ur own race or why don't u date white girls or American girls and blah blah... the answer is simple. I tried but it never worked out and whenever I went on date with white girl or tried have some relationship I always ended up miserable and dreading every moment of it. My happiest times even though we may have broke up is when I was dating some of my ex gf's that are asian. I know what it's like also to deal with asian people who are into the whole, what I consider to be racist, keep the race pure thing and only wanted Chinese to be with Chinese and etc... I have dealt with many families of asian girls I've dated that were just like that and really ended up hurting our relationship and causing us alot of problems when we were happy with each other. Some of the reasons those girls are now my ex's is because of that racism. I've traveled the world and seen mixing of almost every race and most turned out pretty damn good. I don't think the black and asian mix makes pretty babies but there is always the 1 in a million and besides so what if it doesn't make pretty babies as long as the couple love each other and are happy then it doesn't matter what the kids turn out looking like as long as they don't look like something off the X-files. I just hate that most asian people in America automatically want to think just because a non-asian guy is dating or involved with an asian girl that the guy must have some type of asian sex fetish. I am not saying that some of those non-asian guys out there don't have that but I am saying not every non-asian guy who is interested in or dating an asian girl is like that. I love and have deep interest in many types of traditional asian cultures even some of the modern cultural asian things and have even been to Asia several times and really loved it. To me when I travel to Asia I am much happier there than I am living in the United States even if it's a poor asian country. I have lived among the poorest and even some of the wealthiest Asians in Asia and for most part enjoyed every minute of it. Fact is we are all 1 race and that's the human race so it doesn't matter what ur or ur lover's skin color is as long as u love each other, treat each other with respect, and make each other happy then that is all that matters.

bajinay

Re: black and yellow combination.

Post by bajinay » Aug 14th, '06, 14:18

KniteMare wrote:
speaking of kids, i haven't seen a black & yellow combination. and i wonder what they look like.

what a thing to say. i am and i happen to know a whole lot of others too. and some of them are reallllly pretty!! and do u think crystal kay doesn't look "good"? she's half african-american and half korean.

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/b ... 577688.jpg[/img]

what a stupid thing to say. just because you've seen a few doesn't mean they don't make a good "mix"!!!!!!!!!!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 14th, '06, 14:27

KniteMare wrote:
Huh? Have you ever seen Amerie? Korean/Black. SHe's so hot!

What a stupid thing to say.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Aug 14th, '06, 14:29

KniteMare wrote:
Well I guess I cannot be against it.. that would just be ridiculous.. I have had many girlfriends (I am white) and not one of them have been white.
It is because I am necessarily against white girls.. it is just harder to find girls that share similar interests with me.

I guess my final answer is i am don't see that it makes any different.. if you love someone because of something so juvenile as their skin color.. you are not being fair on yourself or your loved one... <3 My girlfriend is named Rie Chikazawa.. ex - girlfriend was Jiadi Liang... before was Min - Su.. so i dint think i can ever say that Interracial relationships are bad.. they work for me ^_^
I too am white and almost all my girlfriends or relationships in the past have been with asian women and not because of something as stupid as an asian fetish but because we got along so well, shared so many of the same beliefs and interests, and we just matched each other in many different ways. My fiance is pure Thai and again I am white but we love each other very much, are very happy, open minded, and her family approves of our marriage. I also don't like white girls, mainly because of their attitudes and personality. Also because they are so superficial, materialistic, and spoiled. Many people say oh u should stick to ur own race or why don't u date white girls or American girls and blah blah... the answer is simple. I tried but it never worked out and whenever I went on date with white girl or tried have some relationship I always ended up miserable and dreading every moment of it. My happiest times even though we may have broke up is when I was dating some of my ex gf's that are asian. I know what it's like also to deal with asian people who are into the whole, what I consider to be racist, keep the race pure thing and only wanted Chinese to be with Chinese and etc... I have dealt with many families of asian girls I've dated that were just like that and really ended up hurting our relationship and causing us alot of problems when we were happy with each other. Some of the reasons those girls are now my ex's is because of that racism. I've traveled the world and seen mixing of almost every race and most turned out pretty damn good. I don't think the black and asian mix makes pretty babies but there is always the 1 in a million and besides so what if it doesn't make pretty babies as long as the couple love each other and are happy then it doesn't matter what the kids turn out looking like as long as they don't look like something off the X-files. I just hate that most asian people in America automatically want to think just because a non-asian guy is dating or involved with an asian girl that the guy must have some type of asian sex fetish. I am not saying that some of those non-asian guys out there don't have that but I am saying not every non-asian guy who is interested in or dating an asian girl is like that. I love and have deep interest in many types of traditional asian cultures even some of the modern cultural asian things and have even been to Asia several times and really loved it. To me when I travel to Asia I am much happier there than I am living in the United States even if it's a poor asian country. I have lived among the poorest and even some of the wealthiest Asians in Asia and for most part enjoyed every minute of it. Fact is we are all 1 race and that's the human race so it doesn't matter what ur or ur lover's skin color is as long as u love each other, treat each other with respect, and make each other happy then that is all that matters.
:lol You need to chill. Of course if you are white and you date only asians people will give you some crap for it. As long as its not mean spirited take a deep breath and calm down. :lol

KniteMare

Post by KniteMare » Aug 14th, '06, 22:14

bajinay wrote:
KniteMare wrote:

what a thing to say. i am and i happen to know a whole lot of others too. and some of them are reallllly pretty!! and do u think crystal kay doesn't look "good"? she's half african-american and half korean.

what a stupid thing to say. just because you've seen a few doesn't mean they don't make a good "mix"!!!!!!!!!!
Like i said in the post after that there is always the 1 in a million and there are several million people in the states so ofcourse ur going to see a few look good but most not going to look good and its not stupid. Look how many spanish and asian mix or white and asian mix or different asian mixes because almost all but not every single one but most have looked pretty damn good and u dont see a bad mix of those usually. So im just saying not all black and asian mix going to look bad or be a bad mix but most are going to look bad and not be a good mix. If u think different that's fine because maybe u have different taste or standard of what's attractive. Beauty in eye of beholder and this is just my personal opinion. Oh and by the way most people who are famous singers or movie stars mixed or not are going to look good. U'll rarely see them look bad. Hard to look bad when u got personal make up artists and all that money to have all these different people whose job it is to make sure u look good and then when u take photos just like the girls in the playboy magazines they are going to look alot better in the photos and movies than in person because of touch ups and enhancements. Put it this way too have u ever seen a hot girl or cute girl in a pic and then later seen her in person and u were like damn she is not cute or hot at all like in the pic. Some people look good on camera and in pictures and look like crap in person and some just the opposite. But hey maybe a girl u think looks cute I might think or someone else might think is ugly and vice versa. It's all just a matter of personal taste. Some people think Paris Hilton and Pamela Anderson are hot but some like myself think they are not even slightly attractive and don't see how other people think they are so hot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

KniteMare

Post by KniteMare » Aug 14th, '06, 22:18

nikochanr3 wrote:
KniteMare wrote:

:lol You need to chill. Of course if you are white and you date only asians people will give you some crap for it. As long as its not mean spirited take a deep breath and calm down. :lol
It wasn't just a matter of some people giving me crap about it. Like I said i've experienced the racism from the parents and families of these girls because they were into this whole keep it pure. I mean it wasnt just a matter of hey we dont want u date our daughter because ur white and she is this or that race but they were even racist against other asians. They only wanted their daughter to be with an asian of their specific race and not anyone else. They took it to the extreme and it didn't matter about their daughter's happyness it was all about racial purity which I think is a load of crap and might as well be a freaking Nazi if they are going to be like that.

halfkoreanyuja

Post by halfkoreanyuja » Apr 14th, '07, 05:29

half korean here also i am mixed with spanish french and native american. DATE AND MARRY WHOEVER YOU PLEASE. MAN IS MAN WOMAN IS A WOMAN

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Apr 14th, '07, 08:17

im not against it since im born to amultiracial parent also...halfkoreanyuja is right...MAN IS MAN WOMAN IS A WOMAN..:D

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 14th, '07, 15:52

I think Black/Asian mixes are HOT, mainly because they are one of the rarest out there, so that makes a black woman or a black man with Asian-shaped eyes really exotic to me. Naomi Campbell, though allegedly a ****, is very exotic with her quarter Chinese ancestry. :wub:

Something I noticed, and I've been wondering if it's my eyes playing tricks on me or if others have been noticing it too, is that Asian/White mixes, while undoubtedly looking very attractive a lot of the time, tend to have somewhat bad skin. Most of my mixed friends have some acne, and so do some very famous Eurasians, such as Daniel Henney or Ozawa Maria. I still consider them probably the best-looking group of people in the world.

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Apr 15th, '07, 04:12

KniteMare

You sound like a person that I would like to know :-)

divab

Post by divab » Apr 15th, '07, 04:54

i have edited my post many times now, but the saddest thing to read on this thread is what sounds like this..."date interracially=beautiful kids" my kids can be models, have better jobs, multilingual, bilingual, more accepting if with a white person, more this if with asian...all sounds like BS! sounds immature, i'm with him/her because if we have kids, they are going to be a cross of matsu jun/hillary duff(ex) sounds idiotic, but for the most part a lot of this sounds political, sounds like the same BS that has been going on for generations, either u stay within ur race or u date outside it for other reasons than love. get it together, date whoever but love them for them, not the skin they are in. sadly blacks are still at the lowest part on a totem pole and yet we were all brown skin first, what a crock... :pale: :cussing: depressing! just be honest interracial is cool, but if u have a personal preference then cool, u like what you like!

:goggle: :D lol, well im a 1/4 of everything lol j/k, only black/creole, white, korean and indian
i mean my grandmom is korean she is basically outcasted for dealing outside her race, my black side is very closed minded to white people, i am guilty too its not my fav. side. the white side of my family kind of treat me overly nice or as if slow or something.

interracial dating, i do not have a problem with, my preference is usually those :unsure: of a browner skin tone, whether u are mixed or not, i just like them tan or darker lol. but i can not rule out a race even though i am not particularly for a white guy, but if that is what the Lord has in store for me then so be it. for my own logical reasons i feel some races should not mix if they are not planning to stay with each other long term, (despite mix kids usually are really cute they are confused and bad as hell *at times* :P )

ya, i do not consider myself all that or anything, and i'm not big on others calling me out when they see me, and asking if i'm mix(usually it is only minorites everyone but white who ask) white people just say black and move on lol. which is cool becuz technically and politically correct if you have one drop of black blood, you are black. but there are a lot of black/asians, honestly the only black people who are really all black are african americans, meaning the ones who moved here on their own. anyone who roots are found in slavery and down are for the most part are mixed, all u have to do is ask, and a lot of them are mixed with asian, white(duh) and a lot of hispanic...now white/asians um...daniel henney is really cute, but then again im partial to darker tone, so i favor southern koreans, taiwanese, black, hispanics and etc. dennis oh in my opinion is :scratch: and i'll leave it like that

i thought about posting my pic, but it be nice of me smiling but usually my eyes are closed in each pic or appears to be, and then i'm real goofy and well i'm not a model lol but hey why not?! lol :P

interracial dating or whatever, if u can make it work for you, do it!!!! :thumleft: :D

momoflower
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by momoflower » Apr 17th, '07, 05:09

I'm definitely not against it, as I've been dating a Japanese boy for over two years.

True, we have had our disagreements being that we are from different cultures, but we've been able to manage, as we're both tolerant and patient of each other. And when I went to meet his parents, his dad even said that I'm a wonderful girl. Now if that's not a good compliment, I don't know what is.

Also, I recently found out a few years ago that my mom's actually half-Spanish(like Spain Spanish). I didn't even realize it until I really thought about her maiden name! Oh, the things you learn about your family as you get older..

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'll be going in my relationship with my boyfriend, but for now... just living each day as we're both young and not finished with college yet. Then it'll be the trouble of deciding where to live, as that is how an international couple could potentially break up; knowing where you're going to live (and who will change citizenship if you marry).

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Apr 18th, '07, 19:07

KniteMare wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:
KniteMare wrote:
It wasn't just a matter of some people giving me crap about it. Like I said i've experienced the racism from the parents and families of these girls because they were into this whole keep it pure. I mean it wasnt just a matter of hey we dont want u date our daughter because ur white and she is this or that race but they were even racist against other asians. They only wanted their daughter to be with an asian of their specific race and not anyone else. They took it to the extreme and it didn't matter about their daughter's happyness it was all about racial purity which I think is a load of crap and might as well be a freaking Nazi if they are going to be like that.
\

what you are saying here is very different than your original post, which says MOST people think, etc. specific people being racist is one thing, but general teasing is what im getting at. i dated almost only asians, and i took a lot of ignorant crap, but some truly racist crap/

laugh off the ignorance, silliness, and fight the racism IMO.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 18th, '07, 19:23

bajinay wrote:
KniteMare wrote:

:wub: I'm Korean & African American too hehe I'd show you a pic of how I look, but I broke my digital camera a while back. I'll have you know I'm not ugly :P

oh and yeah I luv Ckay's music

sveta

Post by sveta » Apr 18th, '07, 19:56

KniteMare wrote:

the way you described white girls is the way i feel about white guys. The few relationships i have had, the best ones happened to be Asian. I dated a Chinese guy for a brief time and a Korean guy. Both in beginning were the sweetest guys i could hope to meet. I saw some mixes of white female and asian male. The kids were very cute, (even if they were girls) I love Asian cultures, though never visited Asian countries personally. I wish i was half of something instead of full Jewish. My mom met my ex boyfriends, and up to a point, she approved of the guys who were Asian, but onyl because they treated me like i was a princess. I want to have a kid who's half asian, and i will one day hopefully.

Hydrangea

Post by Hydrangea » Apr 20th, '07, 23:02

I'm all for interracial dating. My boyfriend of five years is Chinese and Indian. I'm black. In fact, you can see a picture of us on my myspace.com/GoGatsuGirl. ^_^ I have a soft spot for Asian guys, I guess.

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Apr 21st, '07, 12:56

its up to you...

phramc

Post by phramc » Apr 22nd, '07, 02:20

I think it's great. :-)

Goong:)

Post by Goong:) » Apr 22nd, '07, 18:32

um..
im persian/filipino/chinese although i don't really look chinese
and oh.. im a guy 18years
does that count as interracial? lol :-)

Pekana

Post by Pekana » Apr 23rd, '07, 20:10

In the end in any relationship there will be obstacles, compromises, adjustments to be made, conflicts and a lot of learning to do on both sides. So personally, I don't care what skin tone or eye colour or how much hair on his arms my loved one would have as long as our basic values and perspectives on life are compatible. There are more important things to a person.

And as far as "purity" goes, what the heck is that anyway? Who can absolutely and certainly say that they are 100% "pure" in their descent on all accounts? Single-cell organisms maybe.
Take me for example. If you take the label "white" you could fit me into that because I look pale on my good days and like a piece of chalk when I'm sleep-deprived. However, if I look at my ethnicity... In my passport it's written as Latvian, but my country has been conquered and invaded by different powers so many times that it's doubtfull there still are 100% "pure" Latvians to be found. Russian, Polish, German, Swedish as well as our neighbouring Estonian and Lithuanian - those are all ethnicities likely to be found mixed in. I for one know that I have some Swedish ancestry from my mother's side and probably Slavic from my father's. Furthermore I doubt that culturally I'd have that much more in common with a "white" American than a "black" American even though we both count as "white".

I've also noticed that when people mention "race" the thing that's actually talked about is ethnicity or nationality (Chinese, Korean, French, Filipino, Irish, American, African etc.). As those smart scientists so nicely clarified, the differences between "races" genetically are even smaller than the difference between individuals within a "racial" group. "Race" is simply a socio-cultural label, a cluster of stereotypes to make life easier for the less discerning mind.

I've been on the soap box long enough. If anyone even bothers to read my babble, I salute you. :salut:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 25th, '07, 04:00

I would date anyone of any race if I loved them and they respected and loved me. That is all that is required IMO. I am in an interracial relationship and I don't have any problems with anyone else being in one.

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Apr 25th, '07, 14:34

i love to.. as long my partner care bout me..
n his family accept me..(n_n)v

xianne

Post by xianne » Apr 30th, '07, 13:08

In my case I am very open about it :mrgreen: .... it will give you a better understanding of one's culture.. meet new friends :thumleft:

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » May 2nd, '07, 07:26

karin-chan wrote:its up to you...

KinkyToast

Post by KinkyToast » May 8th, '07, 19:47

Me (I'm mixed) and my friend (Who is of Mexican ethnicity) just recently had an arguement about this. I'm obviously all for it! There's no such thing as purity when it comes to race these days. I'll use Mexicans for my example, as many Mexicans I know like to date other Mexicans for cultural reasons, Mexicans alone are not pure, they are a mix between the people from Spain, and the Native Americans from Mexico. Just like many other races... People can preserve culture either way, it's a choice.

KAAdonkaDUNK

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » May 12th, '07, 00:17

Wow I was reading through this blog and
What KniteMare said really threw me off.
That was uncalled for and kinda rude.
Why would someone say that.
That's a very ignorant comment.
Me, I'm Half Black and Half Filipino. In my opinion I'm a pretty decent looking person. I believe there is no such thing as an ugly combination or an ugly race. Actually nobody is really ugly, If you think someone's not cute that just means they're not your type. Because what may be ugly to you may be beautiful to someone else. I see people with the black and asian mix eveyday. I dont know if it's because of where I live but alot of them are gorgeous. A week ago I met a guy who was Black&Japanese. He was really cute...He was tall, Had those lovely asian eyes, And the the adorablest smile. And just because you met a few you already develop a bias statement. I'm not saying you're a bad person or anything Because I dont know you, but i just got a little offended from what you said.

But back to the topic. Heeey I'm a Black and Filipino girl Living in a majority mexican neighborhood, My 2 best friends are samoan and the other mexican with a little filipino [or so he says], I watch japanese dramas and love korean music, and my mom's boyfriend who lives with us is European a.k.a Slovakian. Interracial things happen around me everywhere so i'm down with the interracial thing. I love seeing culture and races mix.

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 14th, '07, 17:47

hrm, we all have our preferences yes?

i'm sure some of you would like to only date japanese dudes--esp if they were as hot as those idols yeah?

Anyways, what i really mean to say is...
Date who you want to date. If you want to be only date 'within your race' then any person of a different color that likes you should know better. If you don't care the color of any date/relationship, then kudos to you.

Let's mix 'em all up! Goooo diversity!

And pinay power!

Hanmaybj

Post by Hanmaybj » May 17th, '07, 02:44

CraZyaH wrote:well I'm not sure about other countries and races,but as an Arab,it's hard to even think about dating a non-Arab,let alone the colour,even tho Arabs don't care much about colours because we don't have a specific colour (expect for black arabs,they are not real arabs but considered as arabs but when it comes to marriage they are treated as non arabs),so it's like impossible for an arabian girl to date an asian or someone from any other race,that's just unacceptable in our sociaty..
however,we do have a few men who have had some asian,white,black wives..and I guess that's only a bit easy for guys,not girls..

anyway I'm with interracial dating,I just don't think it would be something I could do any day...
Yeah, it is definitely much easier for men because most Arabs are Muslim and in Islam Muslim men can marry outside of the religion, while women can not.
Then theres just the racial issue, it can be overcome a lot of the times but still its a huge issue even if non-arab's want to marry arab women. I am an Arab man, thankfully my parents will let me marry who I want as long as its a good person.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 22nd, '07, 02:35

Hanmaybj wrote:
CraZyaH wrote:well I'm not sure about other countries and races,but as an Arab,it's hard to even think about dating a non-Arab,let alone the colour,even tho Arabs don't care much about colours because we don't have a specific colour (expect for black arabs,they are not real arabs but considered as arabs but when it comes to marriage they are treated as non arabs),so it's like impossible for an arabian girl to date an asian or someone from any other race,that's just unacceptable in our sociaty..
however,we do have a few men who have had some asian,white,black wives..and I guess that's only a bit easy for guys,not girls..

anyway I'm with interracial dating,I just don't think it would be something I could do any day...
Yeah, it is definitely much easier for men because most Arabs are Muslim and in Islam Muslim men can marry outside of the religion, while women can not.
Then theres just the racial issue, it can be overcome a lot of the times but still its a huge issue even if non-arab's want to marry arab women. I am an Arab man, thankfully my parents will let me marry who I want as long as its a good person.
Yeah, I dated an Egyptian-American for a while...she would have never brought me home though.

I guess I should touch upon that "bringing someone home thing"...Fortunately I've dated some brave chicks, who were brave enough to bring me into their parents homes to meet, eat, get to know etc...But that was definately the hardest part of it for me. Not the culture barriers, that's the BEST part, you can learn so much! THe hardest part is meeting them, and getting comfortable with each other (when there's a stigma felt on their behalf). That's never been fun for me, infact I've always dreaded it and it made me totally nervous and not myself each time.

FoolyDooly

International relationship

Post by FoolyDooly » Jun 9th, '07, 00:21

I am pretty sure this hits the board many time... (아마도 도마에 자주 오르는 토픽 인것 갔은데...)

My girlfriend and I, we have interracial relationship. Well, with exception of one girlfriend I had, every one of them ended up being interracial. While it's quite fun, and yadda yadda yadda... cutting to the chase;

Do you guys have any one of family member that will speak out against interracial relationship? Even if the person is born in the other country (but being same nationality and religion), I seen the parents flipping out. Which is quite weird. I don't see why this is big issue, and being honest, my parents and my grandfather (who has the biggest vote in the Household) would never mind me making my own choice. They would rather have me think over a lot, but they would never put me in position where I would fall off a river.

ekay

Post by ekay » May 8th, '08, 14:04

i'm product of interracial marriage and i'm all for it!!! :wub:

boris7

Post by boris7 » May 8th, '08, 14:21

I am mixed blood...= what is my mixture = just like a cup of coffee!!!!

Chinese = Shanghai :cheers:
English = London :cheers:
Malay = Sarawak :cussing:
German = Berlin :cheers:

I speak Cantonese/Mandarin/English/Latin and German..
I have never found the use to learn Malay as it is a
pretty useless language!!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

I am very old!!!!!! :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
:cheers: :cheers: :salut: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My wife is mixed = Chinese/Cambodian

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 8th, '08, 15:06

Wowww, mega-ressurection.

Just out of curiosity, what's your issue with Malaysia? lol

boris7

Post by boris7 » May 8th, '08, 15:36

ruisu wrote:Wowww, mega-ressurection.

i am old and have experienced life in Malaysia....and will not walk into a political debate!!!!!!!

But have experienced Education...

If your Chinese you pay!!!
If your Indian you pay!!!!!!!!!
Any other race you pay!!!

But if your Malay it is 100% free

I could say more but it is not appropiate on this excellent web site!!!!!

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 8th, '08, 15:41

Ohh, I think I heard about that...the Bumiputra? Anyway, I guess no politics is best here.

boris7

Post by boris7 » May 8th, '08, 15:54

Bumiputra = thats the word.....glad you understand it!!!!!

sexy_kakashi

Post by sexy_kakashi » May 8th, '08, 15:59

boris7 wrote:

i am old and have experienced life in Malaysia....and will not walk into a political debate!!!!!!!

hmmm..i'm malaysian and i'm a malay so of course i would feel upset seeing anyone bashing malaysia...eventhough you're part malaysian :-( but everyone got their own different views of how malaysians are treated so i guess it's alright :cry:

anyway, since i'm off topic up there (sorry, couldn't resist :whistling: ), i have to say that i totally agree with interracial relationships. i think it's a wonderful feeling to enjoy each other differences especially in culture and upbringing :wub: interracial FTW :cheers:

boris7

Post by boris7 » May 8th, '08, 16:04

sexy_kakashi wrote:
boris7 wrote:

hmmm..i'm malaysian and i'm a malay so of course i would feel upset seeing anyone bashing malaysia...eventhough you're part malaysian :-( but everyone got their own different views of how malaysians are treated so i guess it's alright :cry:

anyway, since i'm off topic up there (sorry, couldn't resist :whistling: ), i have to say that i totally agree with interracial relationships. i think it's a wonderful feeling to enjoy each other differences especially in culture and upbringing :wub: interracial FTW :cheers:

Well said and I respect you for your comments.....

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » May 8th, '08, 16:56

first of all, I am in the middle of a 4 year relationship with a Laotian, so obviously I am all for interracial dating :P

secondly, I was going to comment on the "what would black and asian kids" look like, but it's like at the first page now that I realize it.. well either way, I dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but Crystal Kay is 1/2 Korean 1/2 Black... and she's beautiful! :wink:

meviet

Post by meviet » May 8th, '08, 23:56

i always thought mixed people are gorgeous. also, i'm a girl, so i can marry any race i want. the only problems i can think of is the communication between the in-laws, and the cultures difference. other than that, i don't see any problems. at least not with my family. you might get along with a person from a different race better than your own race. same race doesn't mean you'll live happier.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » May 9th, '08, 00:19

Tyson Beckford is a great example but there is also

Crystal Kay - Korean/Black JPop singer

She is SO pretty IMO! I wish I looked like her! :-)

There is also Amerie who is also Korean/Black but she is an American singer.

And another singer that has a little more fusion in her bloodline :

Cassie : She is Filipino/Black/Mexican/West Indian Mix

I only listen to Crystal Kay's music out of them all but these are the first people to pop into my mind!

Hope it helps! :mrgreen:

jess22

Post by jess22 » May 9th, '08, 16:07

To me interracial relationships are a non-issue. I don't really care what people do on the own. As long as nothing is imposed on me then people can do whatever they want.

Also, just because you're in an interracial relationship, doesn't mean you're not a racist. I've known plenty of racist people that enter into IRs because of stereotypes.

One of my good friends is a hapa girl (her mom is Vietnamese and her dad is white). The dad was a real piece of work, always referring to her mom as his warbride and making racist statements towards Vietnamese and Asians in general. Her parents are divorced now.

The most ironic thing is when my friend eventually married a Chinese guy the dad became berserk and called her all sorts of names, insisting she had to marry a white guy. Suffice it to say, she no longer talks to her father.

Anyway, I know this is just one example and I'm not trying to apply it on all IRs, but I'm just saying that being in an IR doesn't necessary mean both parties are more understanding. Every relationship is fraught with issues.