Penpals thread

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
vietxgod

Post by vietxgod » Nov 21st, '06, 05:39

i would never waste a stamp on an online buddy. maybe an email buddy .. that i might do but pen pal . omg wake the fux up Hello

simplycheen

Post by simplycheen » Nov 21st, '06, 11:49

hiyee..! :lol

just wanna make some friends here...im currently studyin japanese la and hopin to find someone to teach me korean la too... :P

im 20 yrs old, enjoys watchin kdrama,jdrama and twdrama...im soo hook up in "iswak" and "goong" as of now... :wub: i dont know why but i really have a passion in korea..!! :heart:

if u wanna know more bout me, just PM me... :wink:

gambate ne..!! :cheers:
Last edited by simplycheen on Nov 21st, '06, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Nov 21st, '06, 12:14

vietxgod wrote:i would never waste a stamp on an online buddy. maybe an email buddy .. that i might do but pen pal . omg wake the fux up Hello
You realize that an ISP and electricity costs more than a stamp, paper and a pencil, right? Or are you still a kid living on your parents' money? Most likely. (Oh my god, a few cents for a stamp, how horrible!) And, by the way, it's spelled "f*ck", "fux", even as abbreviation for "f*cks", just doesn't fit into "wake the f*ck up", since the "f*ck" there is singular, not plural. And if it's meant to bypass the censor, how lame...

Even in a time of emails I'm also still writing normal letters. It's also a nice way to get used to writing with kanji (ironically, my handwriting with Japanese letters looks a lot better than with our Roman alphabet). And there are things better to be said with a normal letter than with an email. An email is, after all, rather unpersonal, it's something you use daily, it lacks this "to be special" part. Email is just not the same. Email's nice for business things, quick notifications, but other than that? The more pesonal stuff? With email? Heck no!

And, best of all, you can read or write a letter pretty much everywhere... Something you can't do with an email.

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Nov 21st, '06, 20:39

I´m back carpe_noctem and wai_muna and pee!!! How are you guys!!??? And daite, how are you!
Wai_muna, thanks for your letter!!! Your picture is great!!
PS: Some otokos here who would like to pm a onako in Germany?

vietxgod

Post by vietxgod » Nov 22nd, '06, 10:34

Takekaze wrote:
vietxgod wrote:i would never waste a stamp on an online buddy. maybe an email buddy .. that i might do but pen pal . omg wake the fux up Hello
You realize that an ISP and electricity costs more than a stamp, paper and a pencil, right? Or are you still a kid living on your parents' money? Most likely. (Oh my god, a few cents for a stamp, how horrible!) And, by the way, it's spelled "f*ck", "fux", even as abbreviation for "f*cks", just doesn't fit into "wake the f*ck up", since the "f*ck" there is singular, not plural. And if it's meant to bypass the censor, how lame...

Even in a time of emails I'm also still writing normal letters. It's also a nice way to get used to writing with kanji (ironically, my handwriting with Japanese letters looks a lot better than with our Roman alphabet). And there are things better to be said with a normal letter than with an email. An email is, after all, rather unpersonal, it's something you use daily, it lacks this "to be special" part. Email is just not the same. Email's nice for business things, quick notifications, but other than that? The more pesonal stuff? With email? Heck no!

And, best of all, you can read or write a letter pretty much everywhere... Something you can't do with an email.

go express ur tho to some1 who cares. tee heee.. hush

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Nov 26th, '06, 13:29

:glare: Well, there´s nobody forcing you!!!! :roll

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Dec 6th, '06, 12:35

well, sounds fun...
I'm not good at writing, prolly email shall be fine

kotaeshiranaihito

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Dec 6th, '06, 16:04

out of curiosity, has this thread worked yet?

I mean, has anyone mailed anyone else in real life yet?

princess_n

Post by princess_n » Dec 20th, '06, 15:13

hi, is anyone still looking for penpals on this? I'd love a penpal to write about dramas, etc with! I'm 22, from England, i like japanese and korean dramas, jpop + jrock, anime, manga, learning japanese, etc etc. Pm if you're interested!

kujahleague

Post by kujahleague » Dec 20th, '06, 15:27

i'm interested too!
send me your address by e-mail midorip@gmail.com
either e-mail pal or letter pal~ I love to write letter as well, but I understand that e-mail is quicker. By the way, I'm living in Bangkok, Thailand, English and Japanese is fluently spoken. Love to watch Anime and J-Drama! Open to any discussion :) Nice to meet you guys all

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Dec 20th, '06, 16:02

AngelicLayer..thanks..hahaha my picture is great.. :P

suketa

Post by suketa » Dec 20th, '06, 16:24

I'd love to make some pen friends who like to watch :w00t: Japanese drama. I live in Japan but I'm not Japanese, I'm a Czech girl and married to a Japanese guy. Watching drama is not only fun, but also good for studying Japanese, I think! So it's definitely not a waste of time. I want to discuss Japanese drama, actors and actresses and I'm also interested in cultural exchange. Yoroshiku ne~ :lol

idiscolikeathug

Post by idiscolikeathug » Dec 21st, '06, 08:42

Aww. I'd love to have a pen-pal!

trance773

Post by trance773 » Dec 21st, '06, 17:06

Everyone who would like to have a pen-pal because they like to get to know people from different ethnic background to learn about their culture and / or because they just like to have someone to write to. Just out of curiosity, has anyone who has experience dating (online or true life romance) with their pen-pal after they get to know each other??

suketa

Post by suketa » Dec 21st, '06, 17:16

Yeah! Me! :lol 3 years ago, I was looking for Japanese penfriends and I started to write with few Japanese people. One of them is one of my best friends now (a girl) and one of them is now my husband! Our baby boy was born in June this year. Just I do not know what to say when somebody asks me how we met... I feel quite embarrassed to say we met on Internet. First we were good friends, talking about many things and I started to like him a lot... :wub: Almost like some drama, hehe.

lphr0z3nl

Post by lphr0z3nl » Dec 21st, '06, 17:45

im all for penpals or just online email chatting be fun to have friends from asia or anywhere really. just send a pm

Gilraen

Post by Gilraen » Dec 21st, '06, 18:04

suketa wrote:3 years ago, I was looking for Japanese penfriends and I started to write with few Japanese people. One of them is one of my best friends now (a girl) and one of them is now my husband!
Wow, that's so great! I didn't know things like that actually happened! I mean, I've been penpalling with a lot of people for a long time, but I've never had any romantic feelings for anyone. It's wonderful to see that these things do happen!

Anyway, since I'm new to this thread, I'm a 27 year old girl from the Netherlands with an interest (obsession?) for j-drama and j-pop and currently learning Japanese, just like the rest of the world. If anyone's interested in writing, feel free to PM.

hauyee

Post by hauyee » Dec 26th, '06, 14:22

hey there,

I am seeking for penpal between the age 24-29, with a interest in watching drama's.

I am a chinese girl, 24 yrs old, living in Holland and want to share my interests with you!

happy holidays!!

Gilraen

Post by Gilraen » Dec 26th, '06, 21:33

hauyee wrote:hey there,

I am seeking for penpal between the age 24-29, with a interest in watching drama's.

I am a chinese girl, 24 yrs old, living in Holland and want to share my interests with you!

happy holidays!!
You're living in Holland? :) So am I. If you're interested in writing with someone within the same country, let me know. (I'm female and 27 years old)

anna_trianna

Post by anna_trianna » Dec 27th, '06, 13:12

hai..i also want to have pen pal..i really want to know people from other countries..
i'm from malaysia..i actually addicted to jdrama, anime and football (just watched it, i cant played football (>0<)..
anyone interested, dont hesitated to pm me k..i hope i can get some pen pal friend from here.. (^^,)

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Jan 2nd, '07, 01:48

Ooooooh. This looks very interesting :)

I`m 17 year old girl, living in southern California, USA. I`m 100% Chinese and came to the US when I was 5, so I basically grew up here. I can read/write/speak both English and mandarin chinese (although my chinese is worse than my englsh). I like to watch dramas, but i am more interested in the taiwanese dramas. Second would be korean dramas, and last would be japanese dramas. TVB and HK dramas i don`t like as much because i can`t understand any cantonese. I would like a penpal who is willing to write chinese letters and lives in the US, anywhere from 17-25 years of age.

MSN is also great, so if you`re interested, just PM me :)

hirothegreat

so..

Post by hirothegreat » Jan 2nd, '07, 02:19

ok, i'm bored and depressed..

so this is my add:

HIROMITSU SATO (japanese/korean born in Canada)
BORN IN 1986 (so 21 now)
TORONTO

I've seen a lot of dramas, mainly Japanese.

E-mail : blurzer@hotmail.com

any age, race, or gender is fine.

hisa

Post by hisa » Jan 4th, '07, 02:42

Hello~ =) I don't know how this is working for others here, but I'd really like a penpal too..I like expressing myself through writing best.
Name's Sasha Fe Chenet. I'm a freshman in college, major undecided!

cool_kickin_dude

Post by cool_kickin_dude » Jan 4th, '07, 19:05

i'm still looking for a penpal, please PM me if you like to. thanks :-)

simplycheen

Post by simplycheen » Jan 4th, '07, 22:53

hiyee..!! just droppin some lines here... :P

friendz anyone? :whistling: i would love to have alot of friends from other countries that share d same interest as me..if u wana get to know me, juz pm me...im late now in my class.. :P

cherrypieandmore

Post by cherrypieandmore » Jan 5th, '07, 01:35

Oh wow...I feel kind of young now.

Umm, I'm 14 (turning 15 in April TYVMUCH!), Indian, and I live in Canada. YAAY CANADA! ^^v I'd really like to get to know people from other countries because I travel a lot, and I mean A LOT. In my short lifetime, I've lived in all the continents (except Africa and South America). So PM me and we can talk, ne?

xbabygmonsterx

Post by xbabygmonsterx » Jan 5th, '07, 05:53

anyone want a Korean penpal? haha I speak Korean! lol but I live in California :-\. not to sound mean or anything, but anyone that speaks/types Korean want me as a penpal? :/ I want to practice my Korean is all. or rather just the spelling hehe ^^;;

sveta

Post by sveta » Jan 11th, '07, 23:45

my ad: i enjoy watching J-Dramas the most, i can speak Russian and English, i was born in October of 1985 and i live in Texas. If anyone would like to, they can pm or im me on my MSN- dark_lightstars@lycos.com

nela302

Post by nela302 » Jan 12th, '07, 00:04

hey ,
new to the thread. just wanted to say this penpal thing sounds good. i wanted to have a penpal from japan cause i'm crazy about j-dramas. but anyone interested in penpals is fine.(18 yrs old live in brooklyn.)

nela302

Post by nela302 » Jan 17th, '07, 23:49

hello guys , i guess no one interested in the pen pal things. it would have been really cool. i'm still interested if anyone wants a penpal from brooklyn who loves j-dramas(just gotta say crazy for yamapi)^_^

junizastud

Post by junizastud » Jan 20th, '07, 12:42

Well I'm not sure about the penpals thing but I am up to meeting new friends online.

AIM or YIM would be best for me.

junizastud is my sn for both.

qian17

Post by qian17 » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:45

yozz~! 18 yr old female here crazy about anime, manga, j-c-k doramas; seeking for a friendly penpal from anywhere!! would love to have a penpal from japan to know more about its culture=) so pm me~!!! :lol

keiko001

Post by keiko001 » Jan 27th, '07, 13:29

did i post sth in here? if not, i´m looking for penpals as well!!!

Riroi

Post by Riroi » Jan 27th, '07, 14:49

Nice thread.

I would like to have a penpal, but my handwriting sucks, it's really bad.
Not many people can read it. I tried everything to improve it, but nothing worked.

This is the main reason why I always write e-mails.
Actually I'm hanging more on the phone then on the internet (e-mail, msn etc.).

Who am I?

Well my name is Leroy, I live in Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
I'm 24 years old and was born with a handicap. I should not be able to walk,
but I started walking when I was 1 years old.

I started watching Anime, but now I'm addicted to JDorama & KDorama.
I also listen to JPOP & KPOP. My favorite japanese singer is: YUI.
Another artist from Japan I like is: Utada Hikaru.

My favorite artists from Korea are: As One, Byul, Gummy, Bada, Kim Eugene,
Se7en, Bi (Rain), Wheesung, Im Tae-bin, Kang Ta, BoA.

My favorite artists from Japan are: YUI, Utada Hikaru, Otsuka Ai, SMAP,
Mr. Children, Orange Range, Ueto Aya, Shibasaki Kou.

My favorite Korean dramas are: A Love To Kill, Delightful Girl Choon Hyang,
Full House, Green Rose, Loveholic, Love Story in Harvard, My Girl,
One Percent of Anything, Save The Last Dance For Me, Stairway to Heaven,
The Nine-Tailed Fox, Which Star Are You From, Wonderful Life.

My favorite Japanese dramas are: Beautiful Life, Densha Otoko, Good Luck,
GTO, Hana Yori Dango, H2, Hero, Hotman, Kamisama, Kurosagi, Last Christmas,
Long Vacation, Moto Kare, One Litre Of Tears, Orange Days, Pride,
Sekai no Chuushin De, Summer Snow, Tokyo Wankei.

PurpleEyesBunny

Post by PurpleEyesBunny » Jan 31st, '07, 18:03

here i am :lol so, let be begin...well, i dunno how to start.... :roll
first of all, ....ehm, well, first of all i am a girl from germany. well, the first phrase is done! :cheers: hmm, i don´t really like letters but if there´s sb who´s interested in sth like that , we can use this way of communication!
now, to tell you the truth bout my personality. it´s not that i am really sassy and nasty, i´m just soooo hyper. i don´t like beeing on the same place for a long time. and my flavor changes often! I cannot get enough from hanging with my friends, its just like, i dunno. and i love everything d-addicts!
fav. japanese actors : Kuriyama Chiaki, Ando Masanobu, Mika Nakashima, Hiroki Narimiya
fav. japanese singer : Hyde, Gackt ( a little maybe) , Miyavi , Koda Kumi, Namie Amuro
fav. korean actors : Kang Dong Won
fav. korean singer : Wax
fav. chinese actors : Edison Chen, Donnie Yen
fav. chinese singer : Jay Chou
dislike: Ueto Aya, Kou Shibasaki, Akanishi Jin, Tegoshi Yuya, Kim HeeChul, Lee JunKi ,
Bada, SMAP
fav. japanese dramas : Seija no Koushin, ThnK, NwP, Regatta, HYD, Kurosagi , mbmh,
Stand Up
fav. japanese movies : Battle Royale , Moon Child, Nana, Platonic Sex, Big Bang Love,
Hard Luck Hero, Go, Ju ON, Blue Spring, Kids Return
fav. korean dramas : My name is Kim sam soon, My girl
fav. korean movies : Princess Aurora, Bittersweet Life, Gangster High, Duelist
fav. chinese dramas : didnt watch any
fav. chinese movies : Initial D
dislike : Kasshern, King and the Clown
fav. korean movies

Kity_Kira

Post by Kity_Kira » Feb 1st, '07, 19:18

I'm up for a penpal. :) I had one one from Japan, but she stopped sending me letters... =(
Well, I'm from England and if anyone likes to be my penpal, message me! Please keep it around my age! ~17
I like anime, drama (mainly korean and japanese) but I haven't seen that much yet, drawing... ^^

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Feb 2nd, '07, 07:45

hi.. i'm looking penpal from anywhere..

u can call me aomi/amoi
i'm from malaysia.. at the end of this year i will b 25 years old.. (so old already :P )
if i can b ur friend, YM me k.. (my_ulat@yahoo.com)
any sex/races/religion/country... feel free to YM... :salut:

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 23rd, '07, 02:28

i wanna a drama penpal 2!
i'm a 14 years old single female, (?????@@!!) and i live in toronto rite now. i spent most of my life in china (i actually just came here when i was like wat, 12?) so i watched tons chinese/tvb dramas b4 i came here (didnt waste my life eh) but now i like tw dramas becuz they're cute and funny~my fav actor is joe cheng and actress? ariel lin and ella~ i luv jay chou...and i like...bl...(but dont worry i'm not that kinda person who talks about bl all the time)...i also watched full house (i like this one cuz it's sweet and funny, 2 unrealistic though) 5 minutes of goong, and 13 episodes of im sorry i love u...didnt reli like kdrama that much,,,dunno y/
currently watching (or trying 2 watch): hana kimi (waiting 4 episode 14 2 come out), love contract (mike he is cute and hot but not better than my joe cheng ha ha), one litre of tears (i heard its reli sad and im not exactly prepared 4 this..but i watched the first episode and i like it) and if i finish the above then i'll probably pickup goong and fairy from wonderland while i wait 4 summer x summer and ISWAK 2.
o yeah and i also like my sassy girl (who doesnt..) and initial D (jay is SOOOOO cool in it)
o did i mention that i can speak/write/understand mandarin/cantonese/english?? (obviously cuz ur riting in english?) but i rarely put my cantonese to use other than watching tvb dramas (i used 2 b obsessed with them!!!)
i like drawing also, but im not that a big fan of anime,,, i h8 sports altho i watch a bit of sports games....and im allergic to crabs and shrimps (y did i mention this>???)
almost 4got. my email address is:
nicolle.fuge.cai@gmail.com.
and my msn:
cai_fuge@yahoo.com.cn
i'd like a penpal around my age...actually 12-24 is fine cuz i do hav my mature side (i reli do!!! sometimes)

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Feb 23rd, '07, 03:12

The idea of penpal sounds fun but I am a horrible person to write a letter to because I always say I'll respond but I get busy or forget and like months later I finally sit down and write it. So I'd prefer someone who wants to email rather than exchange letters. Anyways, info about me:

I am young..lol..lets just say I'm still in high school
.Female
Vietnamese (Born in Vietnam, lived there until I was 5)
I live in the U.S now
I am learning Korean although I hardly practice
I LOVE to travel and I hope to travel to Japan or S. Korea this summer
I take Ballet [although I'm really horrible at it] and Jazz lessons
My life aspiration so far has been to be able to do a split [And I am extremely close]
Like to watch Korean dramas but I'll occasionally dab into Japanese or Taiwanese dramas
I'm in love with traditional costumes like the kimono [well the furisode is cooler] and the hanbok
I don't know what I want to be when I grow up
I hate sports....mainly because I suck at them..well badminton is the exception
I LOVE Kpop
People say I'm more mature than my age
I am usually the reserved person...I dislike noisy annoying people who talk too much and doesn't know when to shut up...but on the flip side, I can be quite talkative once I get to know you
I always wished I could play the piano
I have an extremely horrible memory of past events...I can't remember what I did in 8th grade and below
I like to eat seaweed and almost any asian snack^^
Did you know that people are born with the innate preference for sweet or salty? I'm salty...Caramel and sweet things make me cringe
When I was young..I hated bananas and I went to a birthday party that had a banana cake so I pretended I was allergic to bananas...and people believed me
The thought of taking driving lessons bores me

That was pretty long wasn't it? I should be doing math homework
Last edited by OvertheRainbow on Feb 23rd, '07, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Feb 23rd, '07, 03:13

nigoat wrote: o yeah and i also like my sassy girl (who doesnt..)
Me...lol :lol

Oh by the way...I was reading like US weekly a few months ago and there was an article on the remake of My Sassy Girl..I know what the guy looks like but I can't remember his name...the girl isn't that pretty

dyesan

Post by dyesan » Feb 26th, '07, 12:08

Last edited by dyesan on Jan 3rd, '11, 17:33, edited 4 times in total.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Feb 26th, '07, 14:32

i want to practice my japanese, but by email or AIM, not snail mail. my handwriting is evil and atrocius and i just wont write letters, i know myself.

nikowwf@yahoo.com

msg me or email me if interesed.

meera

Post by meera » Feb 27th, '07, 05:21

geesh...
i wanna join 2...
include me in...heheh...^^

Yoo ni

Post by Yoo ni » Mar 1st, '07, 16:32

This thread is cool! Penpals! =)
Well i am fine with emails or snail mail. =)

About myself:

* name: Yoo ni
*18F
*Asian, currently living in Singapore
* i have alot of penpals, but i do want more as i love writting letters. =)
*i do ballet (not professionallyl)
* i play piano and violin
* I can speak English, mandarin, basic spanish/korean/german/ japanese (i am very bad at sentence forming), and some other local dialects
*I am going to be a Registered Nurse in a yr's time from now
*I will definately reply to all my letters
* I love sports such as table tennis, swimming and long-jump--> ( i am not a frog) LOL =)
*I love watching taiwanese, korean, japanese dramas with plots that makes me excited.
* I have an interest in learning about different cultures in the world.

PM me if you are interested in having me as a pen-pal.. =) :mrgreen:
I am fine with all topics except sex, stuffs which are gross. :crazy:

meera

is anyone here from korea...??

Post by meera » Mar 2nd, '07, 04:03

hye...im meera n im from malaysia...
i simply post this cuz i really really wanna have a korean pen pal...
i already join the pen pal n my pen pal is from china...
it's ok...cool...
but istill wanna have a korean fren...
n also...im planning 2 take hangeul class so dat i can speak hangeul...
so pls pm me if any of u korean would like 2 be my pen pal....

cutepiekiss

Post by cutepiekiss » Mar 2nd, '07, 07:37

hmm..penpal quite interesting.. I want to have friend from all over the world..this is something about me ......

I'm 23 .
Asian.
Live in asian country called Malaysia. Born and raised here.
working & part time student.

more about me u can pm me !!!!
Last edited by cutepiekiss on Mar 3rd, '07, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

sparkle16

Post by sparkle16 » Mar 2nd, '07, 22:01

cool i'd like to get to know more ppl...here's a lil info about me

my name is Akky (well it's my nickname actually)
21 yr old girl
lives in the USA
i love karaoke, watching dramas, traveling, learning languages, poetry, music, movies, being silly lol
im open to talk with anyone from anywhere! pm me if interested

phramc

Post by phramc » Mar 4th, '07, 04:05

hmm I'll give someone my email/msn.

my name is Sarah I'm 14. I like anything asian- dramas, culture, food, stuff (really truly everything). I'm pretty fluent in japanese, english, and french. I'm pretty open to about everything and I have wayy to many hobbies and my extreme laziness stops me from typing them all. If you feel like talking I'm always here! :-)

experimentchocolate

Post by experimentchocolate » Mar 9th, '07, 01:22

Ooh. This sounds really fun! :D Never had a penpal before...

I'm in high school and I live in the US of A! I definitely would love to have some people I could discuss anime and dramas with. Sounds great! :D

jest2

Post by jest2 » Mar 18th, '07, 12:26

I'm from Sydney Australia and would be interested.
I won't go into too much details about myself in this post . . that's just something you have to ask!
Just PM me. :-)

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Mar 18th, '07, 13:11

cool sounds interesting :3

um lets see.. err...what to say :whistling:

Used to have an Italian penpal, but she stopped writing..after awhile..>.>; I think it proves how bad my Italian was..

I'm in uni, doing a bachelor of Arts :)
Just turned 19 ;0; and I really liked 18 too >.>;
I like J-drama, Kdrama, anime, manga, JE, reading and music.

Don't mind what gender, nationality or age,,,but but under 30? please :D;;;;

and the rest.. would be ithrough PM... :3

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Mar 18th, '07, 19:00

hai hai!
19y old girl from Belgium (& prob the only one here ufufu)
I like graphic design (study it at school), drawing, listening to music, dancing,...
I'm really interested in Japan: the language, the history, the food, the traditions,... but also jdramas ofcourse:)

Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia » Mar 21st, '07, 06:42

I'm 26 yrs old (oldest here?) girl from Indonesia.
Studied in France once
Luv anything asian, mostly Japanese, Chinese and Korean
Want to know other countries too .....
Basicaly I'm curious bout traditions in every country.

What else?

Oh, I studied in hospitality industry, worked in that sector once
So if you guys need some help, please PM me.

Hobbies : reading, listening to music, browsing (LOL), and watching dramas or movies (anime or human).

Yay!
Pls PM me ......... ;)

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Mar 26th, '07, 02:23

NYC here

23 Yrs Old

Hobbies: Snowboarding, biking, basketball

sn0flake

Post by sn0flake » Mar 26th, '07, 02:37

wow, penpal sounds like alot of fun!!
i've never had 1 before, so rly looking forward to having some!
im 18, indonesian chinese girl but currently in USA,
one thing for sure i enjoy watching dramas - taiwanese, japenese and korean
and, i juz wanna get to know as many people from all over the world
any age, gender and nationality are welcome!
PM me! :D

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Mar 29th, '07, 16:41

wei... cooL thread eh...

*ehem*ehem*

im a girL, 19 yo
coLLege student
from the Land of chicken adobo... phiLippines!!!
im into asian dramas [as in jdramas and kdrama in particuLar]
and i wanna make friends outside

soooo.... dont hesistate to PM me, okay? iLL wait...

Cub

Post by Cub » Mar 30th, '07, 19:56

Hmm...

I'm into dramas, anime and manga.

I do not know what else to say about myself... hahaha...

I'm from Singapore.

If you're interested to get to know me, leave me a pm.

I'd like to have some email-pals ^^

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 1st, '07, 06:30

psssh!!!!! bullshiet....penpals are rude!!!! penpals always stop writing to you after like only a couple of days....screw it....

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Apr 5th, '07, 13:06

mb u had bad experience..
well.. find another pal k.. :-)

i think mostly female reply this topic.. :whistling: ..
hopefully we all get friends around d world..
take care guys (n_n)v

wudangimmortal

Post by wudangimmortal » Apr 11th, '07, 00:30

pen pal would be fun. my name is tony, i am 22, male, live in florida. i am studying wu dang martial arts and wing chun, i love kung fu movies, drama's, anime, etc. interested in pretty asian women ;) lol for more info pm me or visit my myspace site and we can chat.

wudangimmortal

Post by wudangimmortal » Apr 11th, '07, 00:31

pen pal would be fun. my name is tony, i am 22, male, live in florida. i am studying wu dang martial arts and wing chun, i love kung fu movies, drama's, anime, etc. interested in pretty asian women ;) lol for more info pm me or visit my myspace site and we can chat.

salu

i wanna make some friends from japan!

Post by salu » Apr 11th, '07, 01:32

so as the tittle says , does anybody know how can i make this happen? like a site to exchange mails with people from japan that speak at least a little english , a chat room or something? , any help would be appreciated :-)

TRaven

Post by TRaven » Apr 11th, '07, 20:50

get skype and search for people from japan that speak english. then you can voice chat or just text chat, or even vid chat with em! AND WAIT THERE'S MORE! (sorry, just felt like an ad there for a moment)

Yea, give it a shot, it's real fun.

salu

Post by salu » Apr 11th, '07, 21:10

alright! i just DL skype so now.... how do i get contacts from japan ? lol if u have the time or patience let me know or send me a pm plz , thnx anyways

TRaven

Post by TRaven » Apr 12th, '07, 06:11

salu wrote:alright! i just DL skype so now.... how do i get contacts from japan ? lol if u have the time or patience let me know or send me a pm plz , thnx anyways
once you make an acct and junk, click the big search button on the top (after logging in of course), select the country/region (you're looking for Japanese folks, so select Japan), select language (you want english speakers, so select english), select the gender you want (kekekeke), select the age range you want (18+ so no lolis for you! unless you find one without selecting the age range, hahaha), and check the "search for people who are in 'skype me' mode" button, because these are the people that want random people to call/message them (you dont always have to follow this rule, some people wanna chat anyway, but havent figured out the "skype me" thing yet, haha), and enjoy! :cheers:

benebula98

me me me!

Post by benebula98 » Apr 13th, '07, 00:48

Hey Guys!

I hope this penpal thing actually works! I'm terrible at describing myself but I'll give it a shot. My name is Ben and I'm a 26 year old male living in the US, more specifically Arizona. My ethnic background is European mutt. Just a little of everything. Um. I love love love KDramas. I can't get enough. I try the other ones...JDrama, CDrama, etc. but I don't think they are quite as good. I love music. All different kinds. I've done some traveling and would love to eventually go to Asia. Um. I work in an office building and its not nearly as glamourous as it sounds! ^_^ I'm really nice and really friendly so any location, ethnicity or gender would be fun to talk to. PM me!

*BEN*

newersumm

Looking for a translation friend :)

Post by newersumm » Jul 18th, '08, 14:38

Hello!

Well, Ill get straight to the case..
I am looking someone to help me with my japanese ocasionally via messenger.
Just for fun of course, and to make new friends ^^

Anyone who is interested, pm me .)

cheers

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Jul 20th, '08, 17:01

^arent you too old for this

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jul 20th, '08, 20:36

Yes probably :salut:

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Jul 25th, '08, 17:48

^Try Match.com

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jul 26th, '08, 09:32

jeez dude im not looking for an asian wife or smthn haha.
Im just seeking someone who would be ready to help me with occasional random questions about the language and culture.
And fyi that is not my real age, cmon = )
Cheers

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Jul 27th, '08, 22:59

^FYI, my sarcasm meter is very low but then again we're both old members here.

chocoLatte12

Post by chocoLatte12 » Aug 3rd, '08, 13:16

penpals thread huh..

someone who i can share my drama addiction with of course.. it would be best if he/she is from japan (easier to relate ) but anybody from any part of the globe would do.. if you know japanese, we can even send mails in japanese too.. i would like to have some practice