Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Why Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 13th, '07, 20:29

noadetti wrote:
So, with this in mind, black men tend to be considered exotic to many asian women. Asian women, appear as an ideal to most men.
of course the asian women are ideal women :D

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 13th, '07, 20:31

Originally it didn't occur to me that Zero was yamcha, but the last post was so awfully similar to yamcha both in content and writing style that everything, from the repeated insistance on not dating outside of their race (in this thread and about 3 others) to random and offensive remarks in unrelated threads (check out Zero's record for details - slightly offensive remarks and out-of-place remarks in 2 threads) and everything just fell into place.

Be wary. This person is race-baiting.

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 13th, '07, 20:31

Meili1978 wrote:
Annj wrote:From my experiences I dont date asian guys because I am too tall for them (I'm 5'9 or 175 cm), not from the same country (a lot of koreans here only date other koreans), or don't act asian enough (i have no clue on this one but i was told this a few times). I think its both ways if the men weren't so picky maybe more asian women would date asian men.
I have the same issue. Sorry to say. Most Asian Men are shorter I'm 5'7" about 170cm.
There are some Asian Men that are taller but not much. I'm married to a German and Russian Mix. He is about 182CM. My brother in law really want to date oriental girls but the find it difficult to actually approach one because most oriental girls only hang out with their own crowd.
i'm 1.60 XD ideal girl ,guess :P XD XD

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Oct 13th, '07, 20:36

nikochanr3 wrote:People need to understand that Zero (Yamcha) is a troll.
I am not Yamcha and I do not know who or what that is. I have nothing against other cultures and have plenty of friends from all cultures. Just because I prefer Asian men does not mean that I have anything against anyone who does or does not.

Niko it baffles me why you seem to like to focus on me and what I say. Don't you have anything better to do? If you don't like my opinion or anyone else's then just click the ignore option.

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 13th, '07, 20:36

taiwanesebrothaz wrote: not every asian is short (plenty of tall asians, but plenty more short ones)
just 2 words: Hayami Mokomichi XD
Height: 186cm
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hayami_Mokomichi

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 13th, '07, 20:39

|ZERO| wrote:
Firehawk wrote:I find this thread really ironic. I personally have a thing for Asian girls, and it has been to my great distress that most Asian girls I meet seem to be interested almost exclusively in Asian boys. Quite the opposite of the stereotype :(
It's probably because you grew up watching a lot of anime, Asian movies and dramas and have acquired a taste for non-westernized looking Asian girls. Unfortunately however, just as in the dramas, they only want Asian boys.
i watch anime a lot, too XD my first crush was Chiba Mamoru XD

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Oct 13th, '07, 20:56

Néa Vanille wrote:Originally it didn't occur to me that Zero was yamcha, but the last post was so awfully similar to yamcha both in content and writing style that everything, from the repeated insistance on not dating outside of their race (in this thread and about 3 others) to random and offensive remarks in unrelated threads (check out Zero's record for details - slightly offensive remarks and out-of-place remarks in 2 threads) and everything just fell into place.
The mods should look into this. Sock-puppeting is looked upon negatively on message boards.

--- groink

User avatar
SDlai
Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 21st, '05, 19:40

Post by SDlai » Oct 13th, '07, 21:01

wats so wrong with just dating people of another race?
people just have different likes and dislikes
its not just asians dating men of different races, whites, blacks, hispanics, etc: nothin wrong with mixture

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Oct 13th, '07, 21:14

SDlai wrote:wats so wrong with just dating people of another race?
people just have different likes and dislikes
its not just asians dating men of different races, whites, blacks, hispanics, etc: nothin wrong with mixture
I agree, There is nothing wrong with dating anyone you want, it's all personal preference. Some people have taken this out of proportion.

User avatar
Noale
Posts: 133
Joined: May 27th, '07, 18:27
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Noale » Oct 14th, '07, 08:37

I don't think anyone has called it "wrong", but there still are many people here who claim they are only attracted to one race and could not be with another, whereas they don't have any problems with other people choosing whoever they wish to date.
It's understandable to be more attracted to one race than another, because different races do bring along different psychical and characteristic traits. But only to some point - there are always many exceptions, especially when generalizing an entire race. So I do not understand those that exclude entire races, it's not very open minded.

o_happyday_872
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 20th, '07, 08:20

Post by o_happyday_872 » Oct 20th, '07, 14:17

lol, that is kind of WRONG. it depends on the person right? and how well you know them... (and considering this is on a site promoting asian actors among other things, i think most girls on this site would agree in saying that asian men can be pretty damn hot - and would date them in a heartbeat)

jaded20
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 20th, '07, 04:33

Post by jaded20 » Oct 21st, '07, 03:53

why asian women don't date asian men? mhm... i think i can be attracted to anyone regardless of race so needless to say i think that this kind of generalization doesn't apply to me .. i think that asian men are the most romantic and thoughtful, though ..
__________________________________
the hour hand goes slow and the second hand goes fast, but when the time comes they meet. fate is like that.

User avatar
MitsukaiKuroi
Posts: 382
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 18:03
Location: Where Six Side Is Heaven And Nine Side Is Go...

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Oct 21st, '07, 04:26

IMO it does not matter what color a person is but even I have to admit that I have known several women that are Asian that preferred White or Black men. I am Black even though I have other races in my background and I personally find Asian men very attractive. I have had Asian guys come onto me despite the fact that I am not a petite 90 lb frame, very opinionated and I am 5'9"!

Some of the Asian girls that I used to work with or go to school with (Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, etc) just fell in love with people in our surrounding and they just "happen" to be whatever color they were. Others liked the idea that the White and Black guys were physically "different" than what they grew up around. They just had things in common. (Same as with me and my boyfriend... I tend to like olive colored, dark eyed, dark haired guys and I wound up with someone pasty pale that looks like John Lennon!!!)

The other thing that they told me was that many White men had the "Asian ideal", Round eyes, tall frame, pale skin. Black guys had the muscles and overt masculinity that Asian men lacked. My answer was always "Whatever floats your boat." I think that there is someone attractive in every race.

Maybe I am just a weirdo like that. :)

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 21st, '07, 06:25

There's nothing at all wrong with you, Mitsuda.

Healthy adult humans are all programmed to mate with people who physically seem like capable partners to pass on their genes. For this reason, the vast majority of men are attracted to young or young-looking, healthy, normal-weight women with a body that appears to be well-suited for the task of bearing children as well as a symmetrical face with typically feminine facial features. Women are generally attracted to tall men who appear athletic (able to defend offspring), exhibit power in one way or another and have a symmetrical face with more masculine features.

Obviously, men and women of every ethnicity imaginable can have all of these attributes and conventionally attractive people exist anywhere on the planet. In my personal opinion, if you are attracted to only one race (and I do mean only being attracted to this one race, not having a very strong preference for it), then no matter if it's your own or any other, your mind is interfering with your body, dictating it what to like or not to like. Sometimes, beliefs and deeply-rooted psychological elements are so successful in suppressing nature that people really believe they are only attracted to one group of people only when the truth is that we are naturally more inclined to look for the best partner in terms of physical attributes rather than along racial lines.

On a similar note, a lot of my girlfriends back at home in Europe, before I came to Korea, used to be very surprised at my apparent preference for and interest in Asian men. They told me they were not attracted to Asian men at all, and could not understand me. One day I brought photos of conventionally attractive, masculine Korean actors with me and showed them to my friends, and every single one of them found out to their own surprise that they did, in fact, find a lot or all of them to be quite attractive. The real problem had simply been that they had never seen really hot Asian guys before.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Oct 21st, '07, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Oct 21st, '07, 06:44

jaded20 wrote:why asian women don't date asian men? mhm... i think i can be attracted to anyone regardless of race so needless to say i think that this kind of generalization doesn't apply to me .. i think that asian men are the most romantic and thoughtful, though ..
And for our TV viewers, as we take a commercial break, let me remind you that the current score is:

BRAINWASHED BY ASIAN TV DRAMAS: 48271
THE REAL WORLD: 25

--- groink

jaded20
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 20th, '07, 04:33

Post by jaded20 » Oct 21st, '07, 07:54

LOL groink! i'm not brainwashed .. i don't even like to watch kdramas that much .. it just gets old after the fourth series of a bajillion episodes that get nowhere really until episode bajillion minus two .. but i luv watching variety programs, with real people talking about real things :)

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 21st, '07, 11:52

actually, i should start a new thread as ''Why Europian Ladies Do Fangirling for Asian Idols'' XD

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 21st, '07, 12:01

thats a good question and even though im a fangirl myself i have no idea ^_^

User avatar
Noale
Posts: 133
Joined: May 27th, '07, 18:27
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Noale » Oct 21st, '07, 12:24

SP1CA wrote:actually, i should start a new thread as ''Why Europian Ladies Do Fangirling for Asian Idols'' XD
You really should. I don't understand it either. I don't even understand why I myself am so much into Asian dramas and actors, while not caring at all about the teenage stars of my own country, or America.

Edit: Wait, I think I might know the answer to my own questions. Could it be because, even though there are many tv shows and movies romanticizing white actors, I live between white people and therefore know reality? I don't live anywhere near Asians, so don't know that reality, yet I do watch dramas, so there's a lot of room for fantasy - and my lack of knowledge only creates curiosity and fascination. Also, in my case, I think it's because I'm part Asian, yet I don't know anything about that part - so again - I'm fascinated and curious. Kind of logical.
Last edited by Noale on Oct 21st, '07, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 21st, '07, 13:19

Asian men of the world! Asian women may not date you, but fear not - a bunch of D-Addicts fangirls will.

:lol

User avatar
Noale
Posts: 133
Joined: May 27th, '07, 18:27
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Noale » Oct 21st, '07, 13:26

Néa Vanille wrote:Asian men of the world! Asian women may not date you, but fear not - a bunch of D-Addicts fangirls will.

:lol
Not as soon as we find out that they're not like the popular and good looking actors we've been obsessing about :lol Hehe, the popular and good looking actors are probably not even like the popular and good looking actors we had imagened them to be.

User avatar
kobe23
Posts: 698
Joined: Jun 6th, '06, 23:19
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by kobe23 » Oct 21st, '07, 13:43

LOL Asian men are the least romantic if you ask me. My dad and all my friends' fathers have probably never ever had a candle-lit dinner with their wives or even bought them flowers. What you see on TV is pretty much Asians trying to be like Europeans, because Asian men in reality don't have a romantic bone in their bodies.

User avatar
Noale
Posts: 133
Joined: May 27th, '07, 18:27
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Noale » Oct 21st, '07, 14:00

Ha, my father's never done that for my mother either. And I've never heard him tell her he loves her, neither have I ever seen the two being affectionate. My parents may be somewhat extreme, but Europeans probably aren't as romantic as Asians imagine them to be. Sad, isn't it? :|

User avatar
kobe23
Posts: 698
Joined: Jun 6th, '06, 23:19
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by kobe23 » Oct 21st, '07, 14:08

Haha perhaps men of all cultures aren't romantic at all, but we are led to believe they are because we've been brainwashed by TV :roll

But heh....that's the trend these days - Romance and Chivalry are things from the past!

kcabrera3
Posts: 28
Joined: Mar 20th, '07, 18:54

Post by kcabrera3 » Oct 21st, '07, 14:22

Well, Europeans In my father generation I think they were romantic (time to time) with their girlfriends but they are different with their wives. I hear pretty romantic story with my mother´s friends.

In my generation, They can be romantic (sometimes) but no as much as you except
My personal opinion is Romantic gay (like films) are fake and the most of the time they are tacky or cheese.

jaded20
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 20th, '07, 04:33

Post by jaded20 » Oct 21st, '07, 17:57

guys, i'm not talking about our fathers. i'm talking about kids now if that makes any sense. i can say my dad never did that too, the candle-light romantic dinner, but perhaps when my parents were dating?? after twenty something years of being married to my crazy mom i think i would be like him too, old and boring. LOL

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 21st, '07, 19:43

kobe23 wrote:LOL Asian men are the least romantic if you ask me. My dad and all my friends' fathers have probably never ever had a candle-lit dinner with their wives or even bought them flowers. What you see on TV is pretty much Asians trying to be like Europeans, because Asian men in reality don't have a romantic bone in their bodies.
being romantic is not just about candles :D i think it that way, even though i'm a girl, being romantic is an attiude; my parents never had a dinner with candles, but they're a romantic couple :D

User avatar
Noale
Posts: 133
Joined: May 27th, '07, 18:27
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Noale » Oct 21st, '07, 20:20

jaded20 wrote:guys, i'm not talking about our fathers. i'm talking about kids now if that makes any sense. i can say my dad never did that too, the candle-light romantic dinner, but perhaps when my parents were dating?? after twenty something years of being married to my crazy mom i think i would be like him too, old and boring. LOL
We've really got something to look forward to, eh? XD
I know you're not talking about our fathers though, it was just an example. Even so, I've noticed that very few of the younger generation in my country are truly romantic. Of course there are some true romantics amongst us, but many like to drink and party and then sleep with whoever happens to be nearby instead. Not really my cup of tea :|
I wonder if there's any European country where the new generation is very different.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 21st, '07, 21:38

It was also my experience back at home that the kids were far less interested in being romantic than they were in sleeping around.

jess22
Posts: 39
Joined: Jun 20th, '07, 06:23

Post by jess22 » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:35

Ok... I highly doubt that article was written by a woman. The simple fact that she mentions penis-size as one of the stereotypes that women are concerned about makes me believe that a man wrote it.

Seriously, what is it with men and their obsession with their "little buddy?"

Whenever I've been interested in a guy, that has never been one of my criteria; and none of my friends have ever expressed concern about it, and believe me, we talk in DETAIL.

***

For me, the reason I've only dated Asian (actually Chinese) men is because of attraction and shared culture/language.

I know there are a lot of good-looking men of all races, but it's really only with Asian men where I can get a strong attraction.

The second factor, which is the biggest, is the shared culture. Aside from English, I'm most comfortable speaking a mix of Chinese (Mandarin) and Taiwanese. In fact, I express myself differently when I'm speaking my native language.

In English, I'm very professional and whenever I speak it, I'm very alert. But when I speak Chinese and Taiwanese, I'm much more relaxed and I joke around a lot.

So it's important for my man to be able to communicate with me on multiple levels.

And because of this combination, I've ended up dating only Chinese guys (mostly first-gen immigrants as quite a few of the 2nd-gen can't even speak their native language! How sad...)

***

Also, I think I'm I might be unique in that my dad is somewhat romantic with my mom. He's very proper most of the time, but whenever he's away on a business trip, he'll write my mom a love poem! :wub: :wub: :wub:

In fact, that's how my dad got my mom. When he went off to the army, he would write her every single day! And that's how my mom fell for him! :)

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 22nd, '07, 18:25

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_54306.htm
Why Europian Ladies Do Fangirling for Asian Idols :D
jess22 wrote:
Ok... I highly doubt that article was written by a woman. The simple fact that she mentions penis-size as one of the stereotypes that women are concerned about makes me believe that a man wrote it.

Seriously, what is it with men and their obsession with their "little buddy?"

Whenever I've been interested in a guy, that has never been one of my criteria; and none of my friends have ever expressed concern about it, and believe me, we talk in DETAIL.

***

For me, the reason I've only dated Asian (actually Chinese) men is because of attraction and shared culture/language.

I know there are a lot of good-looking men of all races, but it's really only with Asian men where I can get a strong attraction.

The second factor, which is the biggest, is the shared culture. Aside from English, I'm most comfortable speaking a mix of Chinese (Mandarin) and Taiwanese. In fact, I express myself differently when I'm speaking my native language.

In English, I'm very professional and whenever I speak it, I'm very alert. But when I speak Chinese and Taiwanese, I'm much more relaxed and I joke around a lot.

So it's important for my man to be able to communicate with me on multiple levels.

And because of this combination, I've ended up dating only Chinese guys (mostly first-gen immigrants as quite a few of the 2nd-gen can't even speak their native language! How sad...)

***

Also, I think I'm I might be unique in that my dad is somewhat romantic with my mom. He's very proper most of the time, but whenever he's away on a business trip, he'll write my mom a love poem! :wub: :wub: :wub:

In fact, that's how my dad got my mom. When he went off to the army, he would write her every single day! And that's how my mom fell for him! :)
probably you're right XD

User avatar
Crazy Penguin
Posts: 112
Joined: Apr 12th, '06, 04:31
Location: Antarctica

Post by Crazy Penguin » Oct 22nd, '07, 18:30

Not even going to bother commenting. This is again one of those discussions that are totally pointless.

Fact is, tastes are different. Live with it. Cope. Don't like that? Tough ****, but such is life. Some Asian women will go for Asian men. Others will go for the Italian type. Another Asian women will go for your typical Swede, tall, blonde, blue-eyed. Of course there are stereotypes attached to it. Hell, the whole damn commercial industry lives on stereotypes. Welcome to the fact that humans are different and have different tastes. Be glad it is like that. Imagine everyone would have the same taste. Horrible thought, isn't it?

User avatar
M'chelle
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 26th, '07, 09:32
Location: Toshiya's bedroom ^_^

Post by M'chelle » Oct 26th, '07, 00:05

TeAsEy0shi wrote:Seriously I dont like this topic but im going to say something.
"Why Asian Women Dont Date Asian Men?" its like asking why black and white not dating their own race.
We're all people here, nobody is dating who based on their race. If you were to date anybody it would be because you're attracted to them not by their race.
From my point of view, because we live in America maybe for some of you, where there is all kinds of multicultural ppl, every single person would be attracted to anybody, not by their race but i mean ANYBODY!!
So just leave it as that. Let it be, its 2007 near 2008. GET OVER IT. [Sorry if this post is a lil rude]

I agree with everything you just said,you date someone because you are attracted to them end of story...it's just a shame articles/blogs or whatever else are posted like this one at the start of the thread,causes way to much drama...

User avatar
dyesan
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 25th, '06, 20:36
Location: HongKong

Post by dyesan » Oct 26th, '07, 09:11

M'chelle wrote:
TeAsEy0shi wrote:Seriously I dont like this topic but im going to say something.
"Why Asian Women Dont Date Asian Men?" its like asking why black and white not dating their own race.
We're all people here, nobody is dating who based on their race. If you were to date anybody it would be because you're attracted to them not by their race.
From my point of view, because we live in America maybe for some of you, where there is all kinds of multicultural ppl, every single person would be attracted to anybody, not by their race but i mean ANYBODY!!
So just leave it as that. Let it be, its 2007 near 2008. GET OVER IT. [Sorry if this post is a lil rude]

I agree with everything you just said,you date someone because you are attracted to them end of story...it's just a shame articles/blogs or whatever else are posted like this one at the start of the thread,causes way to much drama...
Yeah, but I think the underlying thing here isn't about just liking someone. It's about why you like someone. Which I think has to do alot with your past and growing-up life as 'Simple_Insecurities' said on the first page. It's your experiences, your exposure to whatever culture and society that you grew up around and within that make you who you are. I'm saying that a female growing up in america will likely to have difference feelings toward white/black or whomever it may be compared to the same female who grew up in asia. I don't speak for everyone here, but my parents are naturally predjudice towards white and black people alike due to the very reason that they were influenced by their parents and friends. But anyways, that's a topic for another day.

User avatar
Vietboi008
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 1st, '06, 01:39
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Vietboi008 » Oct 28th, '07, 03:38

This topic is really common for some reason. I wonder why people rant about it; however for me it's more of "Why don't women like me". Haha, anyway sorry my post is just spam. Maybe It'll enlighten a few people. Oh, and btw that comment was a JOKE! In my opinion it's all about courage.

User avatar
uhhhhhoooo
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 15th, '07, 05:31
Location: The Kingdom Of, Cambodia (New York)
Contact:

Post by uhhhhhoooo » Oct 29th, '07, 15:41

am cambodian(*Hit for the poeple who don't know where cambodians is it next to thailand look it up) and am attracted to asian guys. am a huge flirt and heart breaker/ tease, i love flirt with my asian guys well only four of them who i grew up with but i will never hook up with one of them and plus their ass are lazy all they do is want drink or gamble. i have a thing for this asian guy i just met let see if it work out?

User avatar
damnsel
Posts: 14
Joined: Dec 23rd, '06, 13:45
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Post by damnsel » Nov 4th, '07, 04:50

this is actually interesting ...reading all the comments of different people is actually fun... some have really good points ...

but i just have to say that all those stereotypes of asian men are purely from prejudiced viewpoints and are only half truths ... im saying this because my bf is asian .. he's not short(he's 5'10) he's not cheap & totally not someone who is immature & just talks about money & cars ... he's actually brilliant ... lol ... well of course my bf can't generalize the entire asian men community ... but my point is that stereotypes are plainly just stereotypes it can't be true for everybody ...

... & just to add I'm asian too

User avatar
mahirghari
Posts: 16
Joined: Aug 22nd, '07, 16:50
Location: Stockholm

Post by mahirghari » Nov 4th, '07, 04:59

you know, this is an interesting topic, i even saw this movie called "Yellow Fever" where some related stuff was brought up.

Asian girls play real hard to get where i live, at least a good amount of them.
They do usually prefer white guys and not asian guys, for whatever reason (much of it argued here)
They are sometimes with black guys.
But i wonder, asia also consists of: South Asians, Indians, Russian, and Middle Eastern folks.

How attracted are asian girls to each of those? I mean does the same sort of factor come up with them when it would come to those "asians". Like, would a hot asian girl go out with say an indian guy.

I mean sure, you see that asian guys should be able to hook up with girls of their own race, all people of every race tend to feel that way.

I guess it all comes down to what an asian girl really wants in a guy. Is there something hardwired into her brain about liking a certain type of guy?(see "Yellow Fever")
Do asian girls tend to have preferences for a certain type of guy and prejudices towards others?

It'd be cool if this whole mystery of what an asian girl wants could be solved, haha.
Not to like generalize or put asian girls on the spot like they are an object or something. To each girl her own, but there is something going on here nonetheless.

mimmi
Posts: 573
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 22:03
Location: wisconsin

Post by mimmi » Nov 4th, '07, 05:21

SP1CA wrote:
kobe23 wrote:LOL Asian men are the least romantic if you ask me. My dad and all my friends' fathers have probably never ever had a candle-lit dinner with their wives or even bought them flowers. What you see on TV is pretty much Asians trying to be like Europeans, because Asian men in reality don't have a romantic bone in their bodies.
being romantic is not just about candles :D i think it that way, even though i'm a girl, being romantic is an attiude; my parents never had a dinner with candles, but they're a romantic couple :D
Agree with you SP1CA on that....come on, how can you say that Asian men don't have a romantic bone in their bodies?....they certainly are romantic too in someways and others....a man that cook and serve me my dinner or just any meals without any special occasions is surely romantic in my book....talking about parents; my parents and others that I've seen in my growing up were very romantic too; songs, poems, dinner and movies....you saw that and you said, "hmm, so that's what marriage is all about, it's really nice and I want to have the same too when I'm married" :D....

mimmi
Posts: 573
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 22:03
Location: wisconsin

Post by mimmi » Nov 4th, '07, 05:47

Oops, forgot to respond to the topic....who says Asian women don't date Asian men or vise versa....they are still dating and married to each other....if they are not, then why there are still lots of Asian young generations out there huh?....because they're conceived by someone (ok, two not just one)/others....the martial space ship didn't deliver them to earth.... and if somebody is dating or married outside his/her culture/background is because that's what he/she prefers....I don't think it has anything to do with the size the manhood....like the saying goes....
so what if it's big, does he know how to use it?
; matter of speaking....that's why sizes is not count in this matter.

User avatar
han_mei
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 3rd, '05, 18:23

Post by han_mei » Nov 4th, '07, 06:45

Well, personally, as I'm half Chinese and first generation, I've found that a lot of Asians [mostly ones who have immigrated from their country to here] treat me like I'm inferior and like I'm not really Asian, which sucks. I generally tend to prefer Asian guys, but mainly because I grew up watching Asian dramas, and hanging out with my mom's friends who are all Chinese - hence my perception of beauty leans towards Asian aesthetics.

But the reason I don't date Asian guys is because none have really approached me - that and the only two Asian guys I got to know in class were kind of assholes and class clowns a bit.

Ha, maybe I'll have more luck in college?

I'm in El Cajon btw, in San Diego.

User avatar
Setsuna
Posts: 7
Joined: Oct 6th, '04, 09:31
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Setsuna » Nov 20th, '07, 01:42

I think it differs per type ya have the typa asian girl who JUST dates asian guys.. becuz its safer, more compatible, used to, and so .. And you have the typa girls who wanna break that point and basically wanna get out of the asian scene theyr reside in or dont for that matter.. they usually look for all but asian.. Personally i think asian chicks suit asian guys the best.. becuz oif the compatibility :p

Ive recently been dating a chinese guy at first i thought it was great n stuff.. but i seem to be missing something.. dunno what exactly :D mebbe the compatibility isnt there.. he was astonished by the fact that i speak canto .. :P that was funny and at first i thought i liked him too.. and before i knew he told his whole family about me ..and that we were dating.. like XD i only told him i liked him too.. lol

Anyway... i think ethnics do matter :P and assuming itll work out wif someone who isnt from ur nationality can be a no no for ur relationship.. not always tho

User avatar
Stovila
Posts: 39
Joined: May 30th, '06, 16:30
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Post by Stovila » Nov 20th, '07, 02:07

Hahaha, that article might be wrong, or right.

To be honest, some of points there popped up in my mind sometimes, when I thought about Asian girl who lives in United States.

But the other thing that isn't mentioned in that article is the personality itself.

We all know stereotyping, and not all Asian woman are rather to dating foreign races.

It's all depend on their (woman's) passion and libido.
It's also depend on their lifestyle, whether it's because they're born here,
or because they grown up here,
or because they found American culture is more suit for themself.

However, I still have many friends (woman, girls) from Asia that still feel comfortable dating guy from their own country.

Communication and lifestyle is the very main problem aren't they?

And that article said that it's her own opinion, since it's a blog, we don't need to prove it whether that article is right or wrong.

There also "Arnold Schwarzeneger" in Asian version. Believe me.. A lot. lol.

User avatar
nnt
Posts: 29
Joined: Jun 22nd, '07, 19:42
Location: Norway

Post by nnt » Nov 25th, '07, 11:58

damnsel wrote:he's not cheap & totally not someone who is immature & just talks about money & cars
heeeeeey! whats wrong with talking about cars???!?!?! :cussing:

Talking about money is something different than talking about cars!

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Nov 28th, '07, 05:22

mahirghari wrote:you know, this is an interesting topic, i even saw this movie called "Yellow Fever" where some related stuff was brought up.

Asian girls play real hard to get where i live, at least a good amount of them.
They do usually prefer white guys and not asian guys, for whatever reason (much of it argued here)
They are sometimes with black guys.
But i wonder, asia also consists of: South Asians, Indians, Russian, and Middle Eastern folks.
\
neewwyawk !!! asian fetish in nyc is too much!! i read too much craiglist rants :w00t: and this kinda thread

User avatar
jemoonette
Posts: 12
Joined: Nov 28th, '07, 02:36
Location: California

Post by jemoonette » Nov 29th, '07, 04:23

I'm Asian, and all my life I've always liked Asian guys, no matter how much I try not to. The majority of my crushes are Asian, but I get really turned off by the extremely geeky, fob ones with hiked-up Khaki pants and what-not. What I find attractive in an Asian guy is mostly his intelligence, followed by his facial features and physique. I know that the majority of Asian guys lack buff bodies and a 6-packs, so I wouldn't mind if an Asian guy was skinny- just as long as he's huggable and not skinnier than me :)

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Nov 30th, '07, 00:09

jemoonette wrote:I'm Asian, and all my life I've always liked Asian guys, no matter how much I try not to. The majority of my crushes are Asian, but I get really turned off by the extremely geeky, fob ones with hiked-up Khaki pants and what-not. What I find attractive in an Asian guy is mostly his intelligence, followed by his facial features and physique. I know that the majority of Asian guys lack buff bodies and a 6-packs, so I wouldn't mind if an Asian guy was skinny- just as long as he's huggable and not skinnier than me :)
i knew you like them skinnyzzz

Vitadrink469
Posts: 9
Joined: Nov 30th, '07, 03:52
Location: New York

Post by Vitadrink469 » Nov 30th, '07, 04:17

Wow, what an interesting topic. Not every Asian speaks of cars and money, -.-;'' though I'd have to admit, majority do... Hehe. Who ever said Asians aren't romantic!! *Takes a big Gasp* No way!! I've done a candle lit dinner with my Girlfriend on the 2nd anniversary! Hm but it just depends on which type of Asians we're talking about. Koreans considered Asian? Koreans tend to have the better body build, then most Chinese, Taiwanese, Etc. (I may be wrong, since my sight is narrow, but I'm just speaking the majority for my opinion :P) Hmm the height issue, definitely is a problem, but isn't everybody shrinking in general? I drive by a high school every morning and i see the kids are really short. There is alot of Stereotypes for Asians, that i have to agree, and it sucks! *cries*
By the way, I'm Asian? I think.. Thats only if ya'll consider me as one ^-^ I'm Asian-Hong Kong mixed with Hispanic-Dominican. And this is just the sight im getting in New York, Queens =/ Sorry if I'm wrong! And sorry for the sudden jump of topics, i tend to do that. :O :salut: :lol

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Nov 30th, '07, 04:45

^asian shorty haha yeah go to The Park @chelsea. so many asians there i felt tall and im only 5'7 which is short by American standard (avg is 5"9)...
it only sucks if you dont have steez and cant talk to a girl...

Vitadrink469
Posts: 9
Joined: Nov 30th, '07, 03:52
Location: New York

Post by Vitadrink469 » Nov 30th, '07, 04:51

^ Are you serious?! Im gonna check that place out sometime this week-end then Haha Wow.. I'm 6-1 Or 6-2 If i was there I'd be a giant..

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Nov 30th, '07, 05:19

^yeah but lots of asian if you go to the dancefloor/2ndflr...but you need to have a girl with you to come in...pretty pathetic rule...

User avatar
giehoong
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 24th, '05, 19:01

Post by giehoong » Dec 2nd, '07, 06:44

I'm an asian married to a non-asian. But it's not like I had something against dating/marrying asians. To me, it is a matter of meeting the right person.

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 2nd, '07, 14:33

some of my friends are saying that they'll be shocked if i don't marry a japanese XD i'm so sorry by now asian ladies.
so is there a thread called ''how to make a japanese marry you in 10 days'' :P

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 2nd, '07, 23:50

^they like blondes! dye your hair make yourself all american blonde girl xxxxxxx

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 3rd, '07, 17:56

i'm a natural blondie (dark blonde) actually but now dying my hair into copper :D

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 6th, '07, 20:24

^pic or it didnt happen

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 6th, '07, 20:28

bluespring wrote:^pic or it didnt happen
i couldn't get the meaning?? pic of my hair?? :S

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 6th, '07, 20:47

^yeah if you dont have a pic it means your lyingggggggzcajdhajjasjf
you have black hair!
61st post wow im slow

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 6th, '07, 21:01

bluespring wrote:^yeah if you dont have a pic it means your lyingggggggzcajdhajjasjf
you have black hair!
61st post wow im slow
black XD well, it'd be nice if i had black hair. but i don't have
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
i think they're enough XD and yes, i'm a megalomaniac

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 6th, '07, 21:10

^is that your hair history or what?
you hawtttttt pm me

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 6th, '07, 21:20

yes, that's my hair hair history. i prefer sharing my existence with the world :P i don't like to pm people.

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 6th, '07, 21:27

^this is why asian men dont date non asian women































NOT!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 6th, '07, 21:29

bluespring wrote:^this is why asian men dont date non asian women

NOT!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do you mean ?? :S first i'm not asian, i'm euroasian, ''TURK''. then, i really didn't get your words XD asian ladies don't pm people and that's why asian men don't date them ?? XD not resonable..

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 7th, '07, 04:18

^this feels like my lil tiny house where you chit chat and sip a cup of decaf
how come "turk" is an acceptable term and "paki" is not ???
ok so i can pm you? test test test ......

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 7th, '07, 08:19

bluespring wrote:^this feels like my lil tiny house where you chit chat and sip a cup of decaf
how come "turk" is an acceptable term and "paki" is not ???
ok so i can pm you? test test test ......
it's like i'm a Turk/ i'm Turkish/ i speak Turkish/i'm from TURKEY :D
if you say i'm a Paki, people understands you so that's not a problem XD

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 7th, '07, 13:12

^i never said your Pakistani, i was just referring to why "Paki" is a racial slur
you didnt answer my second question zzzzzzzzzzz

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Dec 7th, '07, 15:25

SP1CA wrote:
bluespring wrote:^this feels like my lil tiny house where you chit chat and sip a cup of decaf
how come "turk" is an acceptable term and "paki" is not ???
ok so i can pm you? test test test ......
it's like i'm a Turk/ i'm Turkish/ i speak Turkish/i'm from TURKEY :D
if you say i'm a Paki, people understands you so that's not a problem XD
i didn't mean that you said i'm paki XD i gave an example sentence :D

no, don't pm me. even though i wrote in this thread, it doesn't mean i need some interest from men XD

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 7th, '07, 16:15

^ok clear enough about that whole "Paki" thing even though we dont seem to be in the same page
what interest do you need?

we just took 2 pages of this thread and went off topic im such a good poster
mods please dont give me any infraction

well actually i gonna pm sp1ca

l-chan
Posts: 27
Joined: Apr 5th, '07, 21:49
Location: UAE

Post by l-chan » Dec 8th, '07, 21:59

if they don't date them then, how come there are so many asians ??

i mean it actually depends on the person, not all the women prefer men from the countries :)

mimmi
Posts: 573
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 22:03
Location: wisconsin

Post by mimmi » Dec 9th, '07, 01:24

nice pictures SP1CA :-)....

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 10th, '07, 03:43

l-chan wrote:if they don't date them then, how come there are so many asians ??

i mean it actually depends on the person, not all the women prefer men from the countries :)
your 1st sentence/questions i dont get or your making fun of China with billions of asians being born there....

obviously every thing is subjective but dont you see how predominant asian women w/ white men, you dont see that as much as asian men dating white women... or anyone said "why white women arent dating white men???"

User avatar
DMPA
Posts: 272
Joined: Nov 18th, '06, 23:26
Location: In a place called Death

Post by DMPA » Dec 10th, '07, 04:22

I think they do date Asian men, except we don't see it much cuz we're not at the right place at the right time? maybe? I dunno. I personally hate it how Asian women get cocasian men, while us, the cocasia women can't get ANY asian men. It makes me sad, depressed, and low on self esteem. (Well...Actually my self esteem container is always overflowing, but that's ok.) I just wish that the Asian men population took a look around them and saw us; the non Asian women who - I admit- sometimes wish hey WERE asian. T-T Notice me goddamnit! Notice meee!!!! lol! jk, jk. Look away, nothing to see here. lol. But seriously, I think Asian women don't date Asian men just because they don't want to. Ah! But wait!! Although Asian women don't DATE Asian men, they get MARRID to Asian men!! =0 Ta Dah Daaahhmm. Anyways, I really hope I did not offend anyone, and this comment is only my own, selfish thinking. SO if I did offend anyone, I am terribly sorry. So please, Don't tazer me! I DO speak English! (lol...wow...not funny.)
DMPA

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 10th, '07, 23:24

^whats cocasian? please explain

User avatar
DMPA
Posts: 272
Joined: Nov 18th, '06, 23:26
Location: In a place called Death

Post by DMPA » Dec 10th, '07, 23:26

bluespring wrote:^whats cocasian? please explain
NOT Asian...also known as White

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Dec 10th, '07, 23:32

^is that how they spell it now? cocasian instead of caucasian?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests