Format: Renzoku
Genre: Drama
Episodes: 9
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-21 start
Air time: Friday 22:00
Websites: DramaWiki, Official Site

Synopsis from Jdrama Weblog:
Full-time housewife Asagi Serina fiercely loves her husband, Takefumi, a salaryman who works at a brokerage house. She has been criticised for being “a shadow walker who lives in the shadow of his husband” by her former schoolmates who are career women, but she states that she is happy to live for his sake. She wants to become his “shadow” and has no reservations about her purpose in life. However, Serina realises that unlike two years ago when they were newlyweds who were madly in love with each other, Takefumi no longer sees her in the same way. He shuns her expressions of love with the words, “oppressive” and “disgusting”. In addition, Takefumi has a worry. He is being forced into a romantic relationship with his beautiful, bewitching boss, Niiyama Chihaya. Chihaya is the exact opposite of Serina. She is good at her job and is a alluring woman. He is bothered that he cannot be completely chilly towards her. One day, Serina goes out to have a meal with her good friend, Tokura Motoko, and the male colleagues at her publishing company. On the way back, she is photographed by the detective Jinnai Haruki just as one of man makes a move on her, and blackmailed for money. But Serina cannot pay. Not wanting Takefumi to see the photograph(s), she shows up for work at Jinnai’s detective agency everyday and becomes his assistant. As Serina learns the tricks of the trade from Jinnai, a change comes over her and she regains her self-confidence. Furthermore, she is transformed into a mysteriously beautiful woman by Jinnai’s pal, the hairdresser Toshima Joji, but … …

Cast:
JJ Detective Jimusho
Fukada Kyoko as Asagi Serina
Kiritani Kenta as Jinnai Haruki
Furuta Arata as Toshima Jōji

Securities Bureau of Strategic Planning & IR Department
Fujiki Naohito as Asagi Takefumi
Ishida Yuriko as Niiyama Chihaya
Hasegawa Tomoharu
Watanabe Kunito
Koyama Keita
Yoshida Keiko
Hino Yojin

Security Officials
Endo Kenichi as Niiyama Akira
Kohinata Fumiyo as Fujimoto Taisuke

Others
Ashina Sei as Tokura Motoko
Ueki Natto as cleaner
Sasaki Takuma as Ramen clerk

Guests
Yamada Maho as Suzuki (ep1)
Matsunaga Kyoko as Tanaka (ep1)
Okamoto Nobuto as Hasegawa Tamotsu (ep1)
Yasuda Ken as Minamizaki Hiroshi (ep1)
Chan Kawai as Murakami Yoshihiko (ep2)
Yamaguchi Izumi as Murakami Yasue (ep2)
Arimori Narimi as Koda Akemi (ep3)
Suzuki Hiroki as Yokozawa Shinichi(ep4)
Nakashima Kaito as young Yokozawa Shinichi (ep4)
Ishiguro Hisaya as Onuma Yoshio (ep4)
Sunami Noriko as Onuma Emiko (ep4)
Matsumoto Rio (ep5)

Correlation chart:

Episode ratings:
01: 美しすぎる夫の秘密 (12.6)
02: 出張という名の不倫 (8.7)
03: 妻は見た…密室の夫の行為 (9.5)
04: 裏切り者の夜 (10.3)
05: 夫の携帯は地獄の入口 (09.5)
06: 夫と探偵、二人の男が目の前で (10.2)
07: 私が本当に愛しているのは誰? (09.5)
08: 不意打ちキス! 私が主婦でなくなる日 (10.3)

Subtitles:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_100436.htm

So, is anyone watching this? I caught the first episode and while I resisted the urge to throttle Fukada Kyoko (her voice grates on my nerves), it was a light, fun watch. Fujiki Naohito was pretty good as the disenchanted hubby, and Kiritani Kenta was fun as the loud-mouthed detective.
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 17th, '11, 07:41, edited 13 times in total.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 24th, '11, 23:55

I saw the first episode. I thought it was ok. I'm lured into this drama by Fukada Kyoko and I'm interested to see how her character develops.
The first scene with her future self, fixing the truck was kinda funny, but somehow I think it kinda defeats the purpose of the drama by showing her more developed character so early.

s3mp0i

Post by s3mp0i » Oct 25th, '11, 00:32

same here..they shouldn't show the independent character at d opening..
but for the rest i like it..it's nice..i was underestimate it..but it turn out that i like it..
i don't like the chief..huhu

SaruSurfer

Post by SaruSurfer » Oct 25th, '11, 20:59

Hehe I'm not the only one that thinks Fukada Kyoko's voice is irritating. :lol

Interesting first episode...This is a drama to watch for sure.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 26th, '11, 07:19

Yeah, agree with you guys that they shouldn't have shown the opening segment, but I think it's also probably a given that she would turn out like that since this drama is about Serina's growth. I'm more interested in Takefumi (or Fumi-kun, hahaha, that endearment cracks me up) and his deal with his father-in-law, something's afoot. Makes his initial meeting with Serina at the ramen shop a tad suspicious. And I also don't like the chief.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 26th, '11, 13:34

this drama is quite good, funny and interesting :P enjoyed ep1

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 28th, '11, 17:55

How did you guys find today's episode?

Some pics from the official site:

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 29th, '11, 18:08

This drama surprised me. I was not expecting very much (and, to be honest, Fukada Kyokos voice is murdering my ears most of the time), but the first episode was really decent. I liked her character, I like the (little) change she underwent, I like the characters of the private detective and the barber, the episode had some good laughts und I'm really curious about what will happen next.

Let'S see, if the next episodes can hold up to my now high expectations. :)

hey9

Post by hey9 » Oct 29th, '11, 21:34

Aw, I like her voice lol. I'm a big fan of hers though, so take that with a grain of salt.
First episode also exceeded my expectations. I thought this was gonna be one of her fluffier dramas, but I really like her character. I am not a fan of Fujiko Naohito, so I am not cheering for them to work through anything lol. Not to mention Fumi-kun is a spineless twerp who doesn't care at all about his wife. I hope the father-in-law whoops his ass. I want Seri to become stronger and leave Fumi for Kenta Kiritani's character lol. Also, Kenta is hot as hell in this show...wow. Haha.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 29th, '11, 21:46

I'm not sure about "Fumi-kun". I think, that his behaviour towards his female boss may be planned between him and his father in law. Maybe there was something like a "coup d'etat" because of which the fahter in law (former director) was tossed aside to a smaller subsidary. Maybe he wan't to get back into his old position, but needs to bring the new director (the woman) down somehow, and Fumi chan is helping him with that, which would explain, why he takes up with the obvious hitting on him by his boss.

But it's just speculation. :)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 29th, '11, 23:24

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
I'm not sure about "Fumi-kun". I think, that his behaviour towards his female boss may be planned between him and his father in law. Maybe there was something like a "coup d'etat" because of which the fahter in law (former director) was tossed aside to a smaller subsidary. Maybe he wan't to get back into his old position, but needs to bring the new director (the woman) down somehow, and Fumi chan is helping him with that, which would explain, why he takes up with the obvious hitting on him by his boss.

But it's just speculation. :)
I agree with you, that table-tennis scene between Fumi-kun and his father-in-law is very telling. I think something's definitely up and Serina will be involved in it somehow.

I dunno why, but the endearment "Fumi-kun" cracks me up big-time. :mrgreen:

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 30th, '11, 00:10

hey9 wrote:Aw, I like her voice lol. I'm a big fan of hers though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Yay, another fan of Kyoko. :D I was starting to think I was alone.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 30th, '11, 21:44

Finished episode 2. While the first episode didn't stand out that much but I did like the second episode quite a bit. I thought it was pretty good.

About Fumi-Kun:
I agree I think it would be awesome if Serena grows stronger and leaves Fumi for Kenta's character. However, I don't have a problem with Fumi at all. He might not care much for his wife and he might end up cheating on her before the end of the drama, but in this sense I think the drama is being realistic and you can't completely blame him. Serena's ultra-clingy and too reliant on him. That's a major relationship problem and enough to make any guy feel like he's being suffocated.
Screenshots from Episode 2
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 30th, '11, 23:14

The second episode was quite decent again. Im really curious about
what's going on on the "21st floor", and what the father in law and Fumi-kun are planning.
Also, I like to see her cahracter grow little by little each episode, it has a nice feeling to it. Maybe Gregory House M.D. shoul watch this. ;)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 30th, '11, 23:23

Thanks for the screencaps, mrsmith10!

I also quite like the 2nd episode, there were plenty of humorous moments. I particularly liked the scene when Jinnai had to fake a Kansai accent, he was hilarious. And I cheered for Serina when she finally made a right turn, even Fumi-kun was smiling. That's a good sign that I can root for the main character. I'm also curious about the "mystery"... I still think Fumi-kun's not all that bad. After all, his computer password is Serina!

And Endo Kenichi was funny scary, haha. I hope he's one of the good guys.
Last edited by kitty10 on Oct 31st, '11, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Oct 30th, '11, 23:46

agree with the kansai accent bit then he speaks normal after he hangs up the phone, such a difference haha (kenta is from kansai region so no difficullty for him there!)

then he stomps his feet *hillarious

Me personally hopes Serina falls for Jinnai. Fumikun does not deserve her :P

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 31st, '11, 20:21

Aww, ratings dropped to 8.7 for the 2nd episode despite it being more enjoyable :(

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Nov 1st, '11, 00:39

Fuji TV had a special at the same time slot (All-Star Geinojin Uta ga Umai Ouza Ketteisen) 19% rating :crazy:

hopefully better next week

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 1st, '11, 01:26

I think most dramas experience a drop in ratings after the first episode. However, TV ratings only matter for money making purposes of the TV stations and the producers of the show. Other than that they're not a real indication of a show's quality. It is information that's nice to know but at the end of the day they really don't mean much.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 1st, '11, 01:45

^Yep, I agree. There are a lot of good shows with low ratings while average dramas with Johnnys get higher ratings. If they can stay ~10% viewership I think that's good.
I'm starting to like Fumi-kun more, since it seems more evident now that he and the father-in-law are plotting something. He also seemed nicer to Seri this ep. I was cheering too when she made the right turn.

@mrsmith10, I agree that Seri would probably drive me bonkers, but I've found that clingy girls are clingy from the start, so he should've known what he was getting into. That's why I like Seri and Jin together, he pisses her off enough to make her stand up for herself and to be upfront about her feelings. Fumi seems to be fine just being unhappy in his marriage and not putting any effort into it.
I thought Jin-chan doing the Kansai accent was so embarrassing! Lol I was like wtf

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 1st, '11, 08:06

Yeah I know ratings don't equate with quality, but still, they're there for a reason. There will be viewers, broadcasters, advertisers etc who use ratings to determine what to watch/support/drop and so on. Oh well, just hoping for the drama to keep getting better :)

Anyway, Jdrama Weblog has an update on the character descriptions, check it out here.

Btw, has it been explained why Serina couldn't make a right turn previously? Was it just because she was afraid of the oncoming traffic?

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 3rd, '11, 04:36

^Thanks for posting the blog link! Reading it makes me cheer for the Seri/Jin pairing even more lol.

Serina not making right turns is just fleshing out her character I think. It's more evidence that she never went out of her comfort zone, and also maybe that she didn't have much faith in herself.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 3rd, '11, 08:43

hey9 wrote:^Thanks for posting the blog link! Reading it makes me cheer for the Seri/Jin pairing even more lol.

Serina not making right turns is just fleshing out her character I think. It's more evidence that she never went out of her comfort zone, and also maybe that she didn't have much faith in herself.
Haha, I just want Fumi-kun to turn out an overall nice guy :P It's okay if Serina ends up with Jin-chan. And good point about Serina not going out of her comfort zone. I like that last bit of her going to Fumi-kun's office and sticking up "no sexual harassment" posters :lol

Btw, there's a preview of the drama up for download, check it out here. Also two episodes of Ousama no Brunch: 1 and 2. No subs yet, methinks.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Nov 3rd, '11, 12:04

anyone japanese good enough to sub the above clips?

or maybe we can ask nicely if subie06 will be willing to eh? :P

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 7th, '11, 14:50

Ahh this episode had me smiling with Fumi-kun :P (though preview for next week makes me tear my hair out! >.<)

Serina telling Niiyama off for smoking was hilarious. I am liking her bonding moments with Fumi-kun, piecemeal though they may be. I love that scene in his study, so adorable :wub: And I wonder if Chihaya is not as bad as she seems?

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 10th, '11, 03:06

Ep 3:
I am liking Fumi-kun more and more. Him throwing those little snacks at her was very cute. Next episode preview looked interesting, with him kissing the boss. I am even starting to like the boss. I like that most of the characters are not so two-dimensional, it's not just good vs. bad.

I was so annoyed when Seri was telling Jii-chan that he couldn't love anybody. The look on his face totally said everything! Or maybe that's me projecting my wishes onto the character haha.

I'm loving Kohinata Fumiyo (Seri's dad) in this. He's a brilliant actor, a friendly face with malicious intent. He is always quality, in anything he stars in.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 10th, '11, 08:38

My thoughts on Episode 3
* Funniest was when Serina and Endo Kenichi's character were in the bathroom and he kept saying "kirei," which has a double meaning. Kirei can mean beautiful or clean. The misunderstanding was funny.

* I'm beginning to wonder if Fumi was forced into the marraige with Serina by her father, which might be the reason why he doesn't love Serina instead of her being clingy.

* I actually liked it when Serina told Jinnai off about loving someone. It showed that he's imperfect as well.

* Fumi has to be the blindest person in the world to not recognize that his wife has appeared before him twice in disguise. I find it silly how the producers think that glasses, a little bit of make-up, and a wig is really a credible disguise.
Overall, I think it was a descent episode. The first three episodes have been well-written, setting up some mysteries and some expected confrontations. I like the direction the plot is going. However, the acting can improve a bit from both leads. I think Kyoko is overacting a bit, particularly when she was being a blabber mouth, talking about protecting Fumi-Kun from "sexual harrassment." However, she is doing well when she slows down and has to show emotion. I also think Fujiki's acting hasn't been that great in this drama so far. He's showed little to no emotion so far, and all of his dialog feels like it's the same. Then again, he hasn't had an opportunity to show emotion yet. The rest of the cast has acted well. Overall, I do like this drama, and the preview for episode 4 looks interesting.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 10th, '11, 15:43

The show isn't bad... yeah Kyoko's a bit... eh... too much... but I looove seeing Arata though.. He's just so sweet & funny (and very calming/tamed in this show)

I'm a fan of Fujiki but yeah he's a bit flat but... well.. his character's flat too. Ignores his wife but talks to everyone else. I think he really showed emotion was when he was with Fumiyo (esp eppy one) and eppy 3 brought out more of his relaxed character.
I have a feeling though he's not gonna really have a huge affair though... I dunno for them to have the most cutesy song out there as a theme song (Perfume too...) and showing him in the opening credits.. I can't see him being really malicious and wanting to hurt Kyoko esp cooking up a plan with her dad.... (and I have a feeling that's a contributing reason why they got married.. or at least approved) Like if he does 'cheat' it will just be seducing (but not actually doing it) because of Fumiyo's orders) I think we all want Kenta & Kyoko to hook up because of their chemistry but.. I don't see that happening either ^^; She loves Fumi-kun too much lol. He's just there to help her develop into her own person.. being independent and not always behind someone like a little child.

I also have a feeling that Kyoko's gonna have the same effect on the Boss/Husband... er... Endo Kenichi as Kenta has on Kyoko. I think she'll probably kinda help Endo be more aware of his wife and gotta feeling they'll confront each other later or something
But yeah it's a nice show with the whole "Female Detective" theme for this season lol. (Hunter, Erika, Dinner, )

nururu88

Post by nururu88 » Nov 13th, '11, 15:54

I've found episode 4 already and it was really interesting to watched but couldn't understand much since the subtitle were in Japanese and Chinese only. Definitely need someone uploading the english one soon. Hopefully.

nururu88

Post by nururu88 » Nov 13th, '11, 18:22

This show is getting interesting. :wub:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 15th, '11, 00:24

mrsmith10 wrote:
* Fumi has to be the blindest person in the world to not recognize that his wife has appeared before him twice in disguise. I find it silly how the producers think that glasses, a little bit of make-up, and a wig is really a credible disguise.
Yeah, it seemed pretty ridiculous. My guess is that they're trying to emphasize the 'shadow' part. Shadows are faceless and people don't spend time contemplating their shadows. She's working so that one day he'll be able to 'recognize' her.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 16th, '11, 04:11

Ep. 4
Wowowow. I was not expecting that. Seriously, even though I wanted Jin and Mari together, I was not expecting that. The weird thing is, I don't hate Fumi or the Chief's character after the kiss. And then Jin seeing them in the elevator, ~uwaaah!

I love how they lull the viewer into a false sense of security and then pow! I was starting to think that kiss sequence from the preview was a dream Mari was having.

This show is way better than the fluffy detective drama it is advertised as and seems to be so predominant lately. The characters are not just foils to Mari's character, they all seem to have hidden intentions. I really hope they can maintain this quality right til the end. Okay, I need to go lie down now lol..

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 17th, '11, 14:38

hey9 wrote:Ep. 4
Wowowow. I was not expecting that. Seriously, even though I wanted Jin and Mari together, I was not expecting that. The weird thing is, I don't hate Fumi or the Chief's character after the kiss. And then Jin seeing them in the elevator, ~uwaaah!

I love how they lull the viewer into a false sense of security and then pow! I was starting to think that kiss sequence from the preview was a dream Mari was having.

This show is way better than the fluffy detective drama it is advertised as and seems to be so predominant lately. The characters are not just foils to Mari's character, they all seem to have hidden intentions. I really hope they can maintain this quality right til the end. Okay, I need to go lie down now lol..
I know, I was so shocked! I knew the kiss was coming cuz of the preview, but didn't expect the lead-up to it would be like this. And I can't hate Fumi-kun for it either. I'm even feeling a little sorry for Chihaya... unless this is some elaborate set-up by both husband and wife to trap Fumi-kun and his father-in-law. Ohh the possibilities...

I still want to think that Fumi-kun is genuinely in love with Serina still, his little actions in episode 4 are quite telling after the indifference in the previous 3 episodes. And I like that Serina continues to grow and that bit with Motoko was sweet. Motoko with Jinnai... kinda saw it coming when she was giving him that look after her childhood crush thing was resolved.
I hope the show keeps going from strength to strength! It really is quite engaging. :thumright:

Edit: some pics from both eps 3 & 4:
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 21st, '11, 00:35

Wow, this one is the total surprise in this quarter to me. I really didn't expect such a good dorama. There is no other show this quarter, that gives me such a strong "I want to see the next episode" feeling. It really gets better and better with each episode.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 21st, '11, 01:10

^
Yeah same here.. Kyoko's character is SO annoying but I think even though the plot isn't all that epic-ly amazing (and reading the synopsis, may not think much of it) but it's done really well and I think is doing a great job in making people wanna watch more (I think it's also the whole Kyoko obsessing over her cheating husband while this dude opposite of her obviously likes her... so I think people wanna know what's gonna happen with that whole mess)
I would think Kyoko to have an affair as well honestly.. I dunno it just wouldn't surprise me that much if she did. Do gotta admit, though I like Fukiyo, I'm not liking his character here ^^;; I dunno the men views of cheating.. I guess between those two.. and your own daughter being cheated on/thought to be whatever.... I dunno he's not that phased by it... "Well I'm also a man too so...." I dunno... that same feeling like in Utsukushi Rinjin when Dan Rei's brother wasn't phased or bothered when his bro-in-law cheated.. was actually rather annoyed with Dan Rei bothering him ^^;; )

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 21st, '11, 01:48

This is one of the typical doramas, which sound "not that interesting" when you read the synopsis, but when you start watching, you really like it: The stroy, the pace, the chemistry between the characters. "Golden Bowl" was one of these as well. At first I thought "It's about bowling...sounds not that interesting", but in the end I totally lvoed it and it is still one of my most beloved doramas. The same with "Last christmas".
I'm really looking forward to what is going to happen. It seems, that Jinai likes Serina more and more...maybe he'll start a move on her, thinking something like "Her husbands treats her so bad, she deserves better, I would love her so much more". Also, I'm still intrigued, whats going on in the background, with "Fumi-kun" and his father in law. I think, there must be something big going on, or I can't think about,why the father did cover Fumi up...no father I know would do something like that. And what's the deal Fumi wanted to decline before he got blackmailed? How does he have to betray the company? Why did the boss with whom he cheated on his wife actually call his wife?

Damn, I want to see the next episode! NOW!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 21st, '11, 04:58

Ep. 5
I got so irritated with Seri in this episode. Why did she want Jin to help Suzune? His "special person" cheats on him with his friend, they both run away, and then she comes crawling back asking for money a few years later? GTFO. If the only person you can go to for money problems is the ex-boyfriend you betrayed, you probably deserve whatever's coming to you.

There's all this intrigue and backdoor stuff going on around Seri, and she is just completely in the dark. Seems like Niiyama and Fumi are just pawns to the husband and father-in-law. But they put themselves in that position, so I'm not sorry for them. I wonder what Seri's dad is up to though.

It seems like the only reason Jin isn't telling Seri about her husband kissing Niiyama is because he's in love with her and doesn't want her to get hurt. Such a good guy, and Seri is so oblivious to it.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 21st, '11, 05:10

^

Omg so agree!
Like what the heck? He's a bad person now because he's not gonna help his ex? Did Serina really think he was gonna lend her money just like that? Sorry but it just proves more of her naivety and dumbness... Serina just gave lousy excuses why he should help her that anyone would look at her crazy. Like I would dare ask my ex for any money. (unless he was my baby's daddy which he isn't since I have no kids lol) I do think her little "I need money to still keep my shop open so.. after all this time I'm gonna come back and ask you for money & never talk to you again most likely...." BS shouldn't have gain any pity but yeah... they turn it aroundto make Jinnai the bad guy or something.. I hate when dramas do that -__-

Yeah I don't feel bad for Niiyama or Fumi because they still both selfishly did what they wanted to do... (purposely trying to have an affair esp when your husband is the boss of both of y'all.. c'mon now... -__- Who was she fooling? Can't have her cake & eat it too ) Fumi I thought it was mainly for his dad-in-law but I guess it turned into being selfish for himself a bit (I think it did start off as a plan...)

Well I think another reason is Jinnai experienced betrayal too so it's not only because of feelings but experience

hey9

Post by hey9 » Nov 24th, '11, 06:40

Yeah, I think the most annoying thing is that it's not uncommon in jdramas. Forgiveness trumps everything, even if the person has done really horrible things. If a person doesn't accept the apology, they are painted as a horrible person :glare:
I think Seri is slowly spiralling into a mental breakdown. First you understood why she empathised so much with Jinnai's clients, who are the victims. Now she's empathising with the guilty party. She's slowly getting backed into a corner by reality and she has no escape route.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 26th, '11, 08:33

I just watched ep 5 (yes, I'm slow) and wow, the plot thickens! Joji was so funny in this ep.
I agree it's a bit odd that Serina would paint Jinnai as the bad guy when he's been cheated by the ex, but I think she's too naive, soft-hearted and gullible to be anything else other than be sympathetic to a "sob story" like the ex's. Anyway, Jinnai is the bigger man for even helping his ex, so I guess there's some good out of that.

As for Fumi-kun... oh man, I really hope he tells his father-in-law everything, it's about high time he did. So he DID have an affair with Chihaya? Or were they just pretending to get a room at the hotel?

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 28th, '11, 02:56

I guess I'm a bad guy then because there was zero sympathy for the ex on my behalf. :roll
kitty10 wrote:
As for Fumi-kun... oh man, I really hope he tells his father-in-law everything, it's about high time he did. So he DID have an affair with Chihaya? Or were they just pretending to get a room at the hotel?
I was under the impression that the father-in-law was in on everything. But now I'm not so sure. They're keeping it interesting.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 30th, '11, 04:26

I just now finished episode 5 (I'm slow because I got caught up with school). I have to agree that this drama is getting really interesting. It's best of the three dramas that I've been watching this quarter (along with Erika and Nazotoki). The writers are doing a good job of keeping the storyline interesting and leaving the viewer wanting more. I think I'm jumping onto the Jinnai-Serina ship bandwagon as well. :)
What also makes this a likable drama is that it's a drama where you don't hate the cheating characters nor the characters being cheated on. Ok maybe Chihaya's husband, but that's about it. BTW what's up with Kyoko playing these characters that either get cheated on or is participating in an affair? 3 of her last 4 projects have had this type of storyline.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 1st, '11, 01:14

My favorite part of ep 6
was that picture that was taken while they were on the lift :lol

Also it looks like Fumi is everyone's pawn.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Dec 1st, '11, 05:21

Ep 6
^The pic was hilarious, I love the idea of Jin secretly buying the photo while he sends Seri off to investigate >.< The part where Jin tries to cover up Seri being in his office by kicking that table killed me, Fumi was just like "let's get away from this weirdo"

I love how they went to investigate with Seri dressed in the brightest clothes possible and Jin treating it almost like a date.

Well, if it wasn't obvious before, it became blatantly obvious that Jin is head over heels for Seri. When he was eating the bento she made for Fumi, I felt so bad for him. There is something about someone eating while crying/about to cry that makes me want to start crying too.

Even though rationally, she shouldn't have went back to Fumi, I couldn't be mad at her.

Love is very stupid sometimes.

The dad is turning out to be quite the villain, even moreso than the Chief since he is willing to get his own daughter involved. He seems a little unhinged. Fumi is everyone's *****, but his fault for how it turned out. No sympathy!

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 1st, '11, 11:27

Wow, many twists and turns. I felt bad for Fumi-kun and Jinnai, ahhhh. The bento scene was pretty sad.
I was smiling when Fumi-kun was reminiscing about his date with Serina, and how he was glad to have her with him. I still think he loves her and isn't just cheating cuz he can. I'll still root for him and Serina to have a happy ending even though logically, she and Jinnai would probably be a better match.

But man is Fumi-kun being played on all sides. Agree the father-in-law is turning out to be rather vengeful and really going all out, and I wonder what the "incident 2 years ago" was all about. Was it about that time the dad was ousted from the company and maybe Fumi-kun had unwittingly played a role in it?

I don't like Chihaya, I can't buy her being "conflicted" about whether to help her husband or stop it all, I kind of hope she continues to be stuck in the marriage. She and her husband deserve each other.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Dec 2nd, '11, 20:23

My thoughts on episode 6
I don't really have a problem with either Fumi-Kun or Chihaya. We don't really know how either of them got caught up being the scapegoat for the company's power struggle between Chihaya's husband and Fumi's father in law. I was glad to see that Fumi does love Serina in some way, although it felt kinda like he was using her just to lick his wounds from all the other problems he's facing. I loved the picture with Serina and Jinnai on the lift. As for Serina herself, she has her nuances that makes her occasionally annoying, but I think it's acceptable in the context of this show. Coming in, I expected her to get annoying at times, but I hoped her character development would be as good as the show promised. So far it has, and the plot has gotten even more interesting. I can't wait to see episode 7.

nururu88

Post by nururu88 » Dec 4th, '11, 16:38

I've just finished watching episode 7. Can't wait for the next episode (Jinnai kissing Serina?! :w00t: ) I totally fall in love with the show and I'll :cheers: for Serina & Jinnai. Sorry Fumi-kun :roll

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Dec 4th, '11, 17:15

nururu88 wrote:I've just finished watching episode 7. Can't wait for the next episode (Jinnai kissing Serina?! :w00t: ) I totally fall in love with the show and I'll :cheers: for Serina & Jinnai. Sorry Fumi-kun :roll
You should wrap spoiler tags around this comment.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 6th, '11, 01:26

I can't picture Serina with Jinnai. She's just too in love with her husband. So far it just doesn't seem like she has eyes for another man.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Dec 7th, '11, 23:15

Just finished episode 7...
The first half of the episode I found annoying. Jinnai I thought was trying to force things too much with Serina, but even more annoying was Jojo. I found it annoying that he kept trying to tell Serina that it's ok for men to cheat since they do it all the time. It sends the wrong message. I do like that the show did explain that cheating will happen because of certain reasons, and Jojo had his own problems, but he just went too far trying to justify it. I did, however, like the scene with Serina disguise as Jojo's ex-wife to knock some sense into him. The ending was another cliff-hanger that made it more interesting and exciting for the next episode.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Dec 8th, '11, 01:25

Ep 7:
^I agree, just didn't like Jojo very much this episode. The worst part was when Jin wanted to do something about Fumi hitting Serina, and Jojo was like "this is a matter between a man and a woman, don't get involved." I just thought that was so stupid on his part. No, Fumi wasn't really abusing Serina, but what if he was?

Also, was anyone else weirded out that Jojo had such an attractive wife? And an attractive fling (isn't that girl a competitive eater in Japan)? Jojo looks like a potato, and his views are irksome. What's the attraction..

I think Jin is just frustrated with Serina, and he wants her to realize that he likes her. Fumi, even when he says he cherishes his wife, treats her like a shadow still. He's an idiot - that's why everyone takes advantage of him. In that sense, Serina and Fumi deserve each other. They are both doormats.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 8th, '11, 01:41

hey9 wrote:
Also, was anyone else weirded out that Jojo had such an attractive wife? And an attractive fling (isn't that girl a competitive eater in Japan)? Jojo looks like a potato, and his views are irksome. What's the attraction..
:lol I thought the real beauty was on the inside. Maybe he's gifted in other areas. :roll
hey9 wrote:
Fumi, even when he says he cherishes his wife, treats her like a shadow still. He's an idiot - that's why everyone takes advantage of him. In that sense, Serina and Fumi deserve each other. They are both doormats.
That's a good point; more emphasize on the 'shadow' aspect of the show.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Dec 8th, '11, 02:56

Jav_sol wrote: :lol I thought the real beauty was on the inside. Maybe he's gifted in other areas. :roll .
I don't even want to think about that. It's probably also shaped like a potato.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Dec 12th, '11, 02:22

Episode 8...
It was finally nice to see Takefumi have the guts to take a stand against both his father-in-law and Niiyama. The revelation about the miscarriage surprised me. I think this episode gives me some satisfaction with Takefumi's character, but damn Fujiki's English really felt forced.

I think Serina's development came full circle as well, going toe to toe with Chihaya and showing she's willing to leave Takefumi to live her own way. I don't think she's going to end up with Jinnai, but I wouldn't mind if she does.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Dec 12th, '11, 06:05

Ep 8
Ya I definitely don't think Seri's gonna end up with Jinnai, unless Fumi dies or something.

Poor Jinnai...that kiss was awkward and painful.

I felt like this episode started veering into typical drama territory for me.

My prediction for the finale: Chihaya will probably help make sure her husband's plan doesn't work by taking that contract. Motoko's twitter will play an essential role in foiling his plan. Jinnai will be sad he didn't get Serina, but he'll help out her and Fumi because he still loves her. Uuuugh. I hope it won't go down this road.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Dec 12th, '11, 06:32

hey9 wrote:Ep 8
Ya I definitely don't think Seri's gonna end up with Jinnai, unless Fumi dies or something.

Poor Jinnai...that kiss was awkward and painful.

I felt like this episode started veering into typical drama territory for me.

My prediction for the finale: Chihaya will probably help make sure her husband's plan doesn't work by taking that contract. Motoko's twitter will play an essential role in foiling his plan. Jinnai will be sad he didn't get Serina, but he'll help out her and Fumi because he still loves her. Uuuugh. I hope it won't go down this road.
Yeah I hope they do something at least a little different in this episode, particularly with Jinnai. From the previews it looks like Jinnai may have been confronting Serina and Takefumi at that gas station.

antspace

Post by antspace » Dec 12th, '11, 23:57

I really enjoyed ep 8. The character development has been consistantly good in this series.
of course I'm talking of Serina who seems to follow her heart without second thoughts. I think she should have barged in to repremand her evil father though. Still, it gave Fumi kun (never want to hear that again after this series ; ) the chance to make a decision long overdue.
Looking forward to the finale 8)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 17th, '11, 01:40

Wahhh, I didn't know it was only 9 episodes! That said, ep 8 has to be my favourite because Fumi-kun finally made all the right choices! :cheers: As a Fujiki fan, this episode was awesome to watch :P I agree the characterisation has been pretty good all series long, hopefully the finale will keep that up.
I like how the miscarriage that nobody wanted to happen and was nobody's fault turned into something so huge that it was used for manipulation and piling on the guilt. The table tennis scene was really good. I'm glad that Fumi-kun basically realised some home truths and in the end stuck to his guns against both Dad and Niiyama. And the sweet Fumi-Serina moments got me grinning like an idiot - the ramen shop scene was so cute, and when they got stuck at the gas station, I was laughing because it was so silly and adorable. And I cheered when Fumi-kun found Serina first!

I feel a bit sorry for Jinnai, but even if Serina left Fumi-kun, there's no guarantee she'll end up with him. Don't know why he felt compelled to kiss her, it really was awkward and kinda unnecessary, I felt. I prefer Jinnai when he's being loud-mouthed and snippy with Joji. Dad has basically gone nutty, I hope there will be a showdown between him and Niiyama, I've been waiting all series long for that.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 18th, '11, 04:15

Cutest finale ever!!!!! I loooooved the ending!!! I think the best male drama character this season definitely had to be Jinnai. He's sooooo awesome! I got a small crush on him even though he's not real #^^#

ihatedsengyou

Post by ihatedsengyou » Dec 18th, '11, 08:36

Im glad people like it. But personally I hate it. A LOT.
I feel that the series was a total letdown. A personally disappointing and infuriating one at that.

Apparently being cold, unappreciative, ungrateful, and not to mention cheating on your admittedly overtly loving but still well-meaning wife rewards you company hero and all around nice guy status. Because being blackmailed by your boss (who wouldnt have anything to blackmail you with if you were a good husband from the start) and being guilted by your father-in-law (and taking it out on your wife by giving her the cold treatment) seems to offset cheating nowadays.

I guess love really is blind. It cant see reason.

And what of the guy that did nothing but do right by our heroine? The one that was almost always there for her and did nothing to hurt her. The one that helped her out and saved her a couple of times from a pinch. The person that treated Serina better in 3 months than Asagi (not calling him by that stupid nickname) ever did in their 2 rs of marriage. What does Jinnai get?

"Here, have a Christmas party (Oh and im only taking MY half of OUR picture, I didnt evn stop you from cutting it or let you keep it instead)."

I feel that the person that deserved happiness at the end of this show instead was forced to make do with a champagne toast and a few cheers and a tickle on the side.

My personal summary of the series: cold cheating husband gets to keep wife, nice cool guy gets zip.
Im sure ppl will see things differently and its their right. Just wanted to vent my grief and frustration with this show. Im forgetting I even saw it.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 18th, '11, 10:02

ihatedsengyou wrote:Im glad people like it. But personally I hate it. A LOT.
I feel that the series was a total letdown. A personally disappointing and infuriating one at that.

Apparently being cold, unappreciative, ungrateful, and not to mention cheating on your admittedly overtly loving but still well-meaning wife rewards you company hero and all around nice guy status. Because being blackmailed by your boss (who wouldnt have anything to blackmail you with if you were a good husband from the start) and being guilted by your father-in-law (and taking it out on your wife by giving her the cold treatment) seems to offset cheating nowadays.

I guess love really is blind. It cant see reason.

And what of the guy that did nothing but do right by our heroine? The one that was almost always there for her and did nothing to hurt her. The one that helped her out and saved her a couple of times from a pinch. The person that treated Serina better in 3 months than Asagi (not calling him by that stupid nickname) ever did in their 2 rs of marriage. What does Jinnai get?

"Here, have a Christmas party (Oh and im only taking MY half of OUR picture, I didnt evn stop you from cutting it or let you keep it instead)."

I feel that the person that deserved happiness at the end of this show instead was forced to make do with a champagne toast and a few cheers and a tickle on the side.

My personal summary of the series: cold cheating husband gets to keep wife, nice cool guy gets zip.
Im sure ppl will see things differently and its their right. Just wanted to vent my grief and frustration with this show. Im forgetting I even saw it.
Wow, chillax please :) It's just a drama in the end. I can understand how you feel, since this is about a woman's personal growth and the ending can be rather meh in terms of that. I was also surprised by the ending scene, it is pretty awkward for Jinnai and if he'd just stormed off, that would have been well within his right.

Still, I think that
Serina getting back with Fumi-kun is pretty much a given halfway through the series - when she discovered his affair, she still couldn't give him up. Even when he gave her an out in the last ep, telling her he would accept her decision if she chose to divorce him, she didn't do it either. She's too in love with him to contemplate a life without him. Even if she did leave him, there's no guarantee she'll end up with Jinnai, because she never saw him that way. Her reaction to his kiss was telling. When he told her she shouldn't work at the detective agency anymore, she understood and didn't make a fuss. All along, she saw him as a friend and someone who could help her in her time of need, who gave her a reality check even if she didn't want to face up to it, but never really as a lover or a replacement for her husband.

The ending is pretty crappy for Jinnai, I totally agree with that. He definitely deserved more than a lame Christmas party (even if the intention was good), but in the end, he knew this would happen - that Serina would go back to her husband, as Joji had warned, and that she only ever had eyes for Fumi-kun. I mean, just look how she latched onto any possible reasoning for his cheating or his indifferent behaviour towards her. I think once the drama started showing Fumi-kun reminiscing about their earlier dates and their good times together, the writing was pretty much on the wall. Even if they divorced, Serina was always prone to giving Fumi-kun a second chance. She went into this with her eyes open, now that she's grown up a bit and is less clingy. She was always prone to look for the good in the people she came across - Jinnai's ex, for example, and look how quickly she forgave her dad for jerking Fumi-kun around. She didn't even hate Chihaya or Niiyama much.

It does feel that she took one step forward but three steps back (reconciling with Fumi-kun despite his cheating). However I think that's also consistent with her character. She's just more aware of things now and can express her own opinions, so hopefully that will mean a more balanced marriage now that Fumi-kun knows he's got to make amends for treating her so poorly.

I actually like the guilt-trip bit. It doesn't excuse the cheating and Fumi-kun knows it, but it does help to explain a lot. They did and still do love each other a lot, but when the miscarriage happened, it was something neither expected nor wanted and the guilt became a burden that was too much to bear. Serina over-compensated for the loss of the baby by intensifying her love for Fumi-kun, who chose to escape because he was reminded day and night (Serina and dad) of how he was supposedly the cause of her miscarriage. He couldn't deal with it the right way and so just let Dad do what he wanted. When you have a white elephant in the room, you tend to avoid it and just block out whatever's associated with it. I'm not saying Fumi-kun was right or justified in his treatment of Serina, but I can understand why he'd chosen to deal with things the way he did.

Anyway yeah, that was my two cents' worth. You don't have to agree with it, of course.

I'm just wondering... how did Chihaya know that Jinnai is a detective? I don't think she's really met him in the office. And I think it'd have been better if Fumi-kun got demoted or something, even if they wanted to keep him in the office. Maybe he and Serina should just both work at the gas station, haha. I just wish there were more scenes between Dad and Niiyama, I wanted some fisticuffs :P
Anyway, this was a pretty entertaining drama and I'm quite glad I watched it. It's not perfect, but it's been enjoyable for 9 hours. And I agree, Fujiki's English sucks :P

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 18th, '11, 11:21

^
^
I mean I don't really care for Naohito in this and what the husband did... But I don't think Jinnai should *win* Serina either. I will say Jinnai gets friends and people around him who he touched and isn't alone... I don't think one needs a lover to not feel 'alone' like many dramas like to make things out to be... If it was to make him meet some other lady, ok... but I just don't think it'll be fair to have some dude she just met recently be her new lover, divorce her husband, and live with him. I think it would go against her character. Not everyone leaves their spouse when they cheat.. I'm personally against cheating but if those two can work it out, then why not? It's all up to them to make things work. And well to me, my attention of this show wasn't about Fumi but of Serina & Jinnai's adventure. And I already knew she wasn't gonna end up with him so I guess that's why I'm not unsatisfied... ^^;

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 20th, '11, 02:47

kitty10 wrote:
I'm just wondering... how did Chihaya know that Jinnai is a detective? I don't think she's really met him in the office.
Well, she was the one that hired Jinnai to look up Serina, at the beginning of the series. That's how Jinnai came to know of Serina.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 20th, '11, 03:32

Jav_sol wrote:
Well, she was the one that hired Jinnai to look up Serina, at the beginning of the series. That's how Jinnai came to know of Serina.
Ahhh, you're right! That completely slipped my mind. Anyway, how did you like the finale?

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 21st, '11, 00:50

Overall, I enjoyed the series more than I had anticipated, so it was a pleasant surprise.

As for the Finale:
It was a bit predictable, as mrsmith10 said, Chihaya was going to play a role in stopping her husband. I always thought Serina was going to stay with her husband. At least now he somewhat acknowledges her.

As for the party, it was definitely awkward for Jinnai. He knew of the problems in the marriages of Serina and Joji and now he had to pretend like everything is all good. :roll
I think that Serina realized how Jinnai felt when he cut the picture. Isn't that why she decided it was better not to work at the detective agency anymore? But then she goes and invites him to the party. A bit selfish I think. The intentions were good, but really who wants to see the women he likes enjoying herself with another guy?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 21st, '11, 04:29

Ok its her character to love her husband and be devoted to him. But come on, why did she forgive her husband? This couple is just broken.
He cheated on her after just a relatively short time of marriage. It wasn't just a one time thing, but an longterm-affair. I'm pretty sure he will cheat again after one or two years. But she is also not innocent in this disaster. She practically suffocates him and even in the end after a certain development she is still a too devoted woman with no pride. If a woman has absolutely no pride, how can she expect, that her husband respects her? She is no better than a dumb and obedient dog.
They don't have children, so there isn't really a point to maintain a broken marriage. Yes they still love each other, but also love can't maintain a marriage, once the trust is broken. Yes, they all have reasons for what they do, but even if the circumstances have driven the man to cheat on his wife, so its still cheating. If you kill someone, even unintentionally, its still a crime. In the end he didn't received any substantial punishment for his cheating. But thats just my opinion.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Dec 23rd, '11, 04:37

A bit late for me but I just finished the drama.
While I agree that there were some aspects of the storyline I didn't like, particularly Joji justifying men cheating "because it's normal for them" bullcrap, I thought the storyline was pretty realistic. I felt the drama did a good job of portraying human emotions, when they're pushed into corners like Chihaya and Takefumi were. I do agree that Jinnai was by far the stronger character than Takefumi was, but like the others have said, the writing was really on the wall from episode 1 when all Serina really wanted was to have Takefumi's eyes only on her. I think this drama did a good job of developing her character to achieve her goal. Also, I think it became easier to accept that Takefumi grew some balls to grow out of his shell. Nothing justifies him cheating on his wife, but I did like it that he grew to appreciate Serina more and had the balls to admit to her face that he cheated on her, without any knowledge that she already knew. I think when Jinnai saw that Takefumi does actually love Serina, that made it easier for him to accept Takefumi's sentiment. I also don't think their marraige was completely broken. If they can reconcile their differences, which I felt they did, then I think marraiges like this can be fixed. Personally, I think this drama is a lot better than Second Virgin, one of Kyoko's other dramas where her character gets cheated on. I felt both her character and her husband's character were much more likable in this drama.

As far as the ending, I loved the ending. I thought it was hilarious. I agree they should have given Jinnai a more satisfying ending to his journey through the drama, but I think it was a nice little wrap up to the series. My interpretation to it is that Jinnai takes his work too seriously sometimes, and needs to relax.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 23rd, '11, 07:31

I'll make it short:
The good:
+ The story turned out to be quite interesting, it was a good thing, that there has been this big "company merger" plot. With just solving a detective case each episode, I think it would've been not that interesting.
+ The characters were relativ realistic (well most of them)
+ I liked the chemistry between Serina and Jinai

The bad:
- Why does Takefumi blame himself for the miscarriage? It's so stupid...even if he had been there, right by her side, she would'Ve had the miscarriage. That he totally was under control under his father in law was just stupid. "You killed her child" my ass!
- Serina. Yes, I said it! She is quite of cute sometimes and somehow lovely...but she is so damn naiive and stupid, it was really hard for me to bare. Her blind "Fumi kun, Fumi kun" sometimes really made me agressive...she's such an insufferable, naiive child most of the time.
At the beginning, that was ok, because I thought "Hey, the show is about how she will change", but this one most important and most prominent part of her character did not change...argh! I would have liked it so much, if she just became an independet woman, who would get a divorce from Fumi kun and turned into a full-time detective what ...
- would've been an "ok" ending for Jinai too. Let's face it: The basic message was: "It doesn'T matter how good and caring you are to a woman, they will always go back to their cheating husbands they love sooooooooo much". *kick in the balls*. I was really disappointed, how everything turned out for him.
I'm not saying, that I absulutely want to see Serina paired with Jinaai (even though I would not mind) but she divorcing Fumi and keeping on working at Jinaais side, which would be more or less an open end for both of them would've been much better in my oppinion.

The ugly....the horrible....the worst
If you can't do right (or in most of the countries left) turns, STAY OF THE **** ROAD! People like this are just an annoyance and endanger themself and other road users.
Overall, I'll give it a 6/10.

moochi2000

Post by moochi2000 » Dec 26th, '11, 19:52

I never thought this would be a good drama because Kyoko Fukada plays a lot of flat/2-d characters. However, seeing her change so drastically was amazing. I think the motive behind her change was realistic and Fumi-kun was great. At first I did not know if Fumi-kun really fell in love with Buchou or that it was made-up so that he could get closer to the company's wrongdoings. But after knowing that he really develop feelings for Buchou, it did make the whole drama much more interesting. Ultimately, I was extremely disappointed in the fact that Jinnai didn't get a gf, but it was hinted many times in the drama that Serina would be back with Fumi-kun.

Yes, Serina was basically portrayed as a dumb housewife, but to see her save her husband in the ending was absolutely refreshing. I think Joji's perception of cheating was very unique; that's how all guys think nowadays. What happened in the drama is a good portrayal of what we might experience in our own relationships. Jinnai is such a good guy, I wish I got a hold of him LOL.
Overall, I think this is a pretty good drama. Short and sweet...or somewhat bitter lol.
Rating (since some people gave it one): 7.9/10

Almost made it to 8.0 =p

hey9

Post by hey9 » May 14th, '13, 22:55

Oh man, I just remembered this drama after looking through my hard drive. I completely agree with ihatedsengyou lol. I don't mind dramas that are bad from the start - at least you know to stop watching early. It's dramas like this that I get personally invested in that are the problem. They completely bork up the ending and I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth.

I loved Kenta Kiritani and Kyoko Fukada together though, and I'd love to see them paired together in another drama (done right this time...).