Format: Renzoku
Genre: Romance
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-17 start
Air time: Monday 21:00
Theme song: TBA

Synopsis
To start, Fujii Emi is a girl who can't forget her ex-boyfriend. She thinks that being treated as a "guy's girl" is comfortable, but she wants to feel real love inside. Ogura Saki (Yoshitaka) failed to find a job, and ended up working at a hostess bar. Although she gives lectures to Emi and Mako about love, she has never loved anyone seriously. Finally, we have Hanzawa Mako (Oshima), who annoys men because of her serious and heavy personality; her efforts in love were also fruitless.

These girls start living together by chance, and navigate as a group through their worries about love, career, and marriage, by comforting and fighting with one another.

Cast
Karina as Fujii Emi
Yoshitaka Yuriko as Ogura Saki
Oshima Yuko as Hanzawa Mako
Tanaka Kei as Hasegawa Yu
Kurashina Kana as Maeda Hikari
Nakao Akiyoshi as Takahashi Kenta
Kagami Seira as Maruyama Rumi
Nakamura Ryu as Kizaki Toshiya
Gouriki Ayame as Hanzawa Momoko
Katsumura Masanobu as Tamura Junichi
Negishi Toshie as Ogura Yumiko
Matsuoka Emiko as Ogura Sumire
Hagiwara Masato as Shiraishi Takumi
Inamori Izumi as Shiraishi Misuzu

Official Website: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/wataren/index.html

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Nov 16th, '11, 04:41

I'm enjoying the chemistry between the 3 girls, love the scenes with all 3 of them interacting with each other.
Poor Emi, she's been stabbed in the heart so many times already :-(
Looks like we may be seeing an affair between Saki and Shiraishi looking at the previews for ep 6
Poor Mako :cry: she gets rejected and ends up dating a extremely clingy insecure guy... horrible start for her.
Curious how things are going to turn out, from the preview of ep 6 it looks like things are going to start getting messy. Can't wait :P

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Nov 16th, '11, 04:59

Funny how i was just thinking if there's any thread for the drama here, and you made one! thank you for making this thread, i think there's a lot we can discuss about this show :thumright:

I've only watched ep4 basically, so I don't know what's happening in ep5 yet, but so far
I totally agree with you above there. I can't help but feel sorry for Emi as well as Saki (mostly for her career troubles). As for Mako, I don't know why but she's the least that I actually care much for. But I do pity her for getting such guys, I guess it's really hard to find the perfect one. The character I most root for is Saki and Emi comes a very close second. Saki - Though she comes off as a pro in love and casual dating, she really just wants a real love and definitely dream of becoming a publisher to come true. Her string of failure in interviews are quite sad and I like how she's still sending money to her family even though she's just working part-time at night clubs. I don't blame her for lying to the family about her real job. And forget about the age difference, I really like the pairing between Shiraishi and Saki, they seem to have more chemistry than Shiraishi with his wife. :lol But I hope they figure it out and not do anything stupid that hurts the wife.

Emi - well, she's got a steady job that she loves more than anything in the world and since she's not exactly out there looking desperately for love (since she thinks of it as troublesome), I think her situation is not as bad. But I do feel heartbroken for her with Yu's issue. Totally love the awkward boating experience between her and Takei xDD

Mako - I'm a bit indifferent about her case. The boss is an obvious douche but she still likes him hopelessly and the one night stand with the co-worker (totally gratuitous and irrational of her) but maybe it's a change in her character that is needed for the character to grow.
Having said all that, I really enjoy this show. It's deifnitely the top 3 favs this season. The music is great, ambiance and the issues presented. Being a single myself, sometimes I do relate to similar situations lol :D

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Nov 16th, '11, 17:42

Thank you for making this thread! I absolutely adore this drama but thought nobody else was watching!

So so many things I love about this drama.. the very real story lines, the chemistry between the 3 leads (Karina and Yuriko's acting in particular are really good. Karina is adorably awkward, almost unrecognisable from her usual self, and Yuriko is so cute yet vulnerable). Love the music as well as the themes each week (esp the parts where the woman in the cafe is typing)

Contains episode 5 spoilers...
Tons of action now that its ep 5. Poor Emi. I really feel for her. If only she and Yu had a good talk with each other years ago. I guess nobody could blame Yu for thinking that she didn't like him if she refused to hold hands, burst out laughing after kissing and didn't even wear his present.

Oh, but I really like Takei as well! So adorably earnest and dorky! He looked on top of the world when Emi said yes to him. And just when their relationship looked like it was progressing along in the previews, he has to see Yu and Emi together. Sigh. Such a dilemma cos I like Yu as well (Tananka Kei has such luscious lips! lol.)

Poor Saki, although she tries to act strong, she's just really vulnerable inside. Hope there will be a happy ending for her cos it looks like all parties will just get hurt in the end.

As for Mako, the way she blurts out her "confessions" is just so funny. Kizaki is just a jerk, and the current guy is just overly possessive. Just rotten luck that her first experience has to be so bad.
avieamber, like you, I think I relate to this drama a lot cos I'm also single. When Mako said to Emi this week "Shiawase ni naritai desu ne", it really resounded with me. I guess at the heart of it, that's what all of us want, and what the characters in the drama are all striving for.

Can't wait for next week! :D

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 16th, '11, 20:28

I'm glad there's a thread for this! I did think about making it myself, but then I thought there might not be that many people watching this. Which seems to be true... :P

I've only watched the subbed episodes, because they talk a lot and I'm not that confident with my Japanese abilities anymore. The subs have been so good, tho, so I don't mind waiting since someone's doing such a good job with them.

I've enjoyed most of it, but I do feel a bit icky about
Saki and Shiraishi. Am I supposed to ship that? It's someone else's husband!!
But I do love the girls and them having the spotlight in this drama. They have great chemistry together!

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Nov 17th, '11, 04:24

SSpiegel wrote:
Saki and Shiraishi. Am I supposed to ship that? It's someone else's husband!!
They do a great job, even though it isn't right i find myself supporting them
I agree with the music being really nice, blends in really nice with the scenes. The writers really do well, every ep so far has a scene that really pulls at 1 of the girl's heartstrings, from memory,
ep 1 Emi thinking that Yu was about to confess to her and it turns out he's announcing his marriage to his best "friend" i was thinking to myself NO NO!! Don't do this to her!! :lol
Ep 2 when there was a blackout, Yu went straight for Hikari and didn't even give Emi a 2nd look, Mako gains some confidence, makes bento for Kizaki, Kizaki straight out tells her he can't stand her serious personality.
Ep3 Saki makes a move and kisses Shiraishi only to find out straight after he's married, respect for Saki here though, she stops trying and cuts all ties instead of trying to have an affair.
Ep 4 Emi and Takei runs straight into Yu and Hikari, the one person she doesn't want to run into, Emi is far from getting over Yu.
Ep 5 the meeting between Saki and Shiraishi again, (WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE POOR GIRL!) And i felt bad for Yu, with Hikari's father straight out rejecting the marriage, Hikari doesn't seem really confident about the marriage either since she couldn't answer honestly when her Omiai partner asked her if Yu was a friend and she basically just says yes.
I adore Mako :wub: love how she blurts everything out but she's so serious about it :lol
I'm going to guess the woman in the cafe is Saki when she gets a job at a Publishing firm, and with the xmas decorations it'll be 5-6 episodes down the track when this drama probably ends around xmas time.

Most definitely my fav drama of this season.

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Nov 17th, '11, 09:12

I really adore karinaxtanaka kei pair or in this drama fujii x yu pair.. they are so cute together.. and they act so well the chemistry is there.. karina is great playing a tomboy
and i really like watching how yu is obviously get jealous and pretending not to.. :D

i actually like fujii x takei too.. they both so awkward its funny and adorable.. but its obvious that they wont be together in the end.. well hoping he will end up with one of the girls since he's a great guy and kakkoii too :D
as for saki..
as much as i want to support her but i cant coz the ojiisan is married :(
hope she find a great guy in the next episode.. hope she wont be the homewrecker coz her life is already complicated hehe :D
mako
new boyfriend is kinda creepy.. :(
in ep 4 i thought he was such a sweet guy seeing how he made bento for her and waited for her for hours.. but suddenly he turned into this clingy and annoying character..

yvliew

Post by yvliew » Nov 20th, '11, 17:47

I really like this type of drama. Friendship, love, living under 1 roof.

Anyone can intro similar type of drama to me??

I like Takei character. Straight and brave even he's shy and doesn't look so confident. He seems really a good guy. Hope Takei and Emi would develope more in the story. But I think they actually won't be together in the end.

Hikari is the type of character I hate most. Can't stand for her own man. ughh

Saki is really pity. I hope she could find true love. But I guess she won't. This drama is actually called "the reason I can't fall in love" so... I guess it could end with nobody falling in love...ha..

as for Mako, I think she got hooked up with a freak. Will see in episode 6.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 21st, '11, 01:25

I'm not crazy about it.... I dunno it's an ok watch but.... eh I don't go "omg what happens next!!?" The characters to me are a bit flat/typical (and a bit stereotyped in an annoying ugh way) and don't' seem to bring anything extra with it (maybe Karina.. I guess I just like her tomboyishness but don't like her sad look all the time. .and I love Karina) But I guess there's something in it that still makes me wanna keep watching ^^ But I'm no entirely sucked in though.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Nov 22nd, '11, 07:13

This is my favorite drama this season. I laughed my ass off at the initial ass slap, and am looking forward to further development between Saki and Takumi.

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Nov 22nd, '11, 10:12

Ep 6
Poor Yu, looks like it's all over for him and Hikari but lucky for him he still has his best "friend" Emi. Poor Takei, he wanted to be Emi's no.1 but Yu still remains as Emi's no.1. I was really starting to like Takei too, so awkward and clumsy :lol Looks like from here onwards it'll be Emi x Yu

Glad it's over between Mako and Yamamoto, Yamamoto was so clingy and insecure :glare: :cussing: unfortunately it looks like Mako will be forced to resign from her job because of her relationship with Yamato, couldn't understand everything since my Japanese is still quite bad :P

Well that was quite a blow to Shiraishi, infertility... No children for him or Mizusu, and looking at the preview for ep 7 Saki and Shiraishi are starting their affair with Misuzu clearly seeing the 2 of them together...

There certainly is chemistry between Saki and Shiraishi but i really don't see things working out for the 2 of them. The vibe i'm getting from Shiraishi is; he's infertile and he's feeling down, returning home to Mizusu and having to face her doesn't make things any better and so this is where Saki comes in, he can have fun with her and "forget"/temporarily run away from his problems. If anything for Shiraishi it's lust and infatuation.

Looking at the preview for ep7 things are heating up, Mizusu finds about about Saki and Shiraishi, argument between Emi and Saki about what Saki is doing. Couldn't quite pick up what's happening with Mako.

And as always i love the little talks that Emi, Saki and Mako have together :D
Good to see the ratings have gone up from last week.
Last edited by sweetimpact on Nov 23rd, '11, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Nov 22nd, '11, 10:27

sweetimpact wrote:Ep 6
Poor Yu, looks like it's all over for him and Hikari but lucky for him he still has his best "friend" Emi. Poor Takei, he wanted to be Emi's no.1 but Yu still remains as Emi's no.1. I was really starting to like Takei too, so awkward and clumsy :lol Looks like from here onwards it'll be Emi x Yu

Glad it's over between Mako and Yamato, Yamato was so clingy and insecure :glare: :cussing: unfortunately it looks like Mako will be forced to resign from her job because of her relationship with Yamato, couldn't understand everything since my Japanese is still quite bad :P

Well that was quite a blow to Shiraishi, infertility... No children for him or Mizusu, and looking at the preview for ep 7 Saki and Shiraishi are starting their affair with Misuzu clearly seeing the 2 of them together...

There certainly is chemistry between Saki and Shiraishi but i really don't see things working out for the 2 of them. The vibe i'm getting from Shiraishi is; he's infertile and he's feeling down, returning home to Mizusu and having to face her doesn't make things any better and so this is where Saki comes in, he can have fun with her and "forget"/temporarily run away from his problems. If anything for Shiraishi it's lust and infatuation.

Looking at the preview for ep7 things are heating up, Mizusu finds about about Saki and Shiraishi, argument between Emi and Saki about what Saki is doing. Couldn't quite pick up what's happening with Mako.

And as always i love the little talks that Emi, Saki and Mako have together :D
Good to see the ratings have gone up from last week.
I enjoyed it too. Can't wait for next week!
From my understanding, Mako is getting fired because she had a relationship with "multiple men in the office" and thus her "reputation is bad". My guess is that the previous boss put in a bad word about her, because he was uncomfortable with her around, and when he called her aside, he asked how much time was left on her temp contract. Yamato won''t step up to defend cause he's a clingy douche, but that's just a guess though.

On the other hand, I feel bad for Takei even though he dumped Emi. He was cooler than Yuu in my opinion, but hey, she loves Yuu and we can't change that.

Saki's relationship is the most interesting, and I doubt anything intense will happen, or this would be a Korean drama, but still fun to speculate on.

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Nov 22nd, '11, 17:04

Just watched episode 6...
Aww.. I feel so sorry for poor Takei-san! He's such a decent guy! And so much cooler, taller and better looking than Yu as well! However, I guess it can't be helped that Emi likes Yu so much. If only the call didn't interupt her. Takei and Emi's relationship was progressing so well! Looking at next week's preview, Yu finallly find out that Emi likes him only after Takei tells him, and probably we can see Emi and Yu getting together soon.

Yamamoto is just such a petty vindictive guy. Poor Mako being bad mouthed in the office, and being made to leave! And Kizaki looks glad to get rid of her as well.

As for Saki and Shiraishi, I'm quite disappointed at the way its turning out. I felt their friendship was ok initially as it started out by accident, and Saki didn't know he was married. Had respect for her when she decided to cut things off after he told her she was married. However it was really strange when she gave him her namecard at the bbq, almost like she was calling him to come and save her at the cabaret club. And this week they are just getting deeper and deeper in this messy relationship. Shiraishi seems to be just looking for an ego boost after he got the news about his infertility and to get away from the pressure from his wife. As for Saki, guess she just can't pull herself away even though she knows its wrong.
Off topic but I really like the actor Koyanagi Yu who plays Takei. I've never seen him before this drama. Seems like he hasn't had many main roles so far.

yvliew

Post by yvliew » Nov 24th, '11, 17:26

Any idea where to get the soundtrack of this drama?

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Nov 25th, '11, 12:17

Apparently the ost will be released on the 30th of this month so expect the ost to be floating around sometime next week?

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 26th, '11, 09:57

emmy21 wrote: Off topic but I really like the actor Koyanagi Yu who plays Takei. I've never seen him before this drama. Seems like he hasn't had many main roles so far.
Koyanagi Yu is one of the main characters on Yankee kun to Megane Chan ... I remembered him because he is one of the rare REALLY TALL Japanese actors I've seen. OMG I love his character Takei. Serious, funny awkward, and adorable. If Emi's crush doesn't do something quick, hopefully Takei gets Emi. :D :wub:

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Nov 26th, '11, 16:28

garnet07, thanks! am starting to watch yankee kun now and its really funny! But Koyanagi Yu does look rather different in that show. I also realized he was in Hanamizuki which I watched a few times, but didn't recognize him as he looked totally different there as well!

I hope the character Takei continues to stick around in the drama. Mb he could end up with Saki? Otherwise we probably won't see him after episode 7 already. :|

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Nov 27th, '11, 03:59

If any of you read Koyanagi Yu's personal blog, he just posted an entry as Takei Daisuke yesterday.

Pls pardon any poor translation:
http://ameblo.jp/you829/entry-11090081606.html

Good evening, this is Takei Daisuke.

Recently, I heard there were a lot of messages of support for me in my friend Koyanagi Yu's blog comments so I thought I would borrow this place for a few words.

Thank you for always supporting me.

As all of you know I have broken up with Emi-san, I've recently been receiving words of encouragement even while standing in my police box. However, please don't be misunderstood.

I am doing well, and of course I really like Emi-san.

However I was too impatient with my request and thought I could grasp Emi-san's heart after we starting dating. However I realized that it was difficult to do so.

You will understand once you watch the broadcast on 28 Nov!

By the way, I was shocked that Emi called her close friend Hasegawa Yu by his name "Yu".

It's chilly tonight. And right now the autumn leaves are beautiful. I've really not done enough research.

I'm doing the night shift today and am in my police box looking at the autumn leaves.

I have kendo practice tomorrow, but as there is "Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu" on, I'm going to go home early to watch it. However, due to the volleyball broadcast, I've heard there will be a change in timing.

Till we meet again on 28 Nov!

Everyone please take care not to catch the cold.

~ Takei Daisuke
LOL, how adorable is that!

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Nov 29th, '11, 10:58

Ep 7
Mako has now quit her job and even at the end Kizaki only approached Mako to ask about her younger sister and of course Yamamoto sees this and being the insecure person he still thinks something is going on between Mako and Kizaki and rubs it in:cussing: Ep 8 preview, Mako might be pregnant.
Looks like something may start between Mako and the chef of the restaurant she went to and from ep 8 preview she's going apply to work at the restaurant, if this is the start of something please let this chef not be a douche or a insecure loser :cussing:

Emi and Takei, in the end Emi doesn't like Takei in "that" sort of way. Hikari leaves Yuu to Emi, Takei meets Yuu and tells him that he's been Emi's no.1 all along. Looking at the previews Yuu is planning to go America again and at the very end he seems to be asking if she'll go with him too.
Career wise Emi is getting headhunted/recruited.

Saki and Shiraishi, Saki for the first time felt what she never felt before in love, she can't stop her feelings for Shiraishi. Shiraishi finally tells Mizusu that he infertile, he won't be able to have a child with her, Mizusu is shocked and speechless. Shiraishi leaves the house.

Ep 8 preview, Yuu is thinking of going America again and asks Emi to go with him.
Mizusu doesn't know what to do about Shiraishi
Mako may be pregnant
Mako applies to work at the restaurant she went to earlier in ep 7
Saki's family seems to find out that Saki has been lying all this time about her work.
Ratings went up a bit again :lol every ep feels too short, i want to see more!
Edit: don't believe everything i say, it's so easy to mistranslate and completely get the wrong context lol

edilions

Post by edilions » Nov 29th, '11, 15:03

anyone can upload the ost?
it s awesome especially the one...I think is Koda Kumi ? :mrgreen:

yvliew

Post by yvliew » Nov 29th, '11, 16:33

edilions wrote:anyone can upload the ost?
Actually both song is by Namie Amuro

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Nov 29th, '11, 16:52

I thought ep 7 was really sad... but things are moving quickly...
Poor Mako, she's really down in the dumps. Lost her job and the office gossip is that she two-timed Kizaki and Yamamoto. Her former-crush Kizaki is only interested in her sister and she gets an earful from the bitter ex-boyfriend. The scene with her younger sis was pretty heart wrenching, to find out that her sis only went out with Kizaki to snatch him away from Mako. She really needs to be stronger and not let others pull her down, although she seems to find new purpose in wanting to work in the restaurant after her sis says that the only thing she is good at is cooking.

"You're surely find that missing piece of puzzle..."

Much as I'm mourning the loss of Takei, I guess Emi and Yu seem the most natural with each other, and am looking forward to see how their relationship develops. Yu spends most of this episode looking shocked and confused after talking to Mako and Takei respectively, but guess he figures out how he really feels about Emi and decides to do something about it in ep 8.

Wonder how the two new characters will come to play. The chef honestly doesn't really look like a potential love interest for Mako, perhaps he's just someone who steers her to her dream job? As for Emi, I guess the new guy is mainly to develop the story work-wise?

Ah Saki.. she's head over heels with Takumi. I don't particularly like Takumi. Can't see the appeal other than he's a listening ear and not trying to sleep with Saki. However Takumi is just trying to escape from reality by giving Misuzu the lousy excuse that she doesn't need him as he can't fulfil her dream of starting a family.
Does anyone know how many episodes this drama will have? Am guessing probably 10 so that it'll end on 19 Dec before Xmas?

edilions

Post by edilions » Nov 29th, '11, 19:12

yvliew wrote:
edilions wrote:anyone can upload the ost?
Actually both song is by Namie Amuro
Nice to know
what are the songs called ? If I may ask :-)

limeade

Post by limeade » Dec 2nd, '11, 12:34

edilions wrote:Nice to know
what are the songs called ? If I may ask :-)
I think one is called Love Story. Saw it on the credits. :)

Can anyone tell me what did Saki (the girl at the cafe) typed on the laptop for the later part of episodes 5 and 6? I could get the rough meaning but I'm not very sure. Thanks!

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Dec 3rd, '11, 07:13

Sit!Stay!Wait!Down!:
Love Story:

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Dec 8th, '11, 05:11

This is the only drama I'm watching this season, and it's keeping me interested! Yeah, the story lines and characters are pretty typical, but I expect that from dramas.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned my favorite thing about the drama -- the photos at the end of every episode! Or near the end, whenever it flashes back to Saki in the cafe, typing out the "moral of the episode." I love how the pictures reflect the most recent developments of the plot, love or friendship. I'll probably be compiling them at the end so we can look at the storytelling. ^_^

edilions

Post by edilions » Dec 8th, '11, 12:41

hunterkirualeorio wrote:Sit!Stay!Wait!Down!:
Love Story:
Thank you ^^
I really love Love story
This is my favorite drama this season

MrMojo1

Post by MrMojo1 » Dec 14th, '11, 16:01

The title track (in opening) is "Sit! Stay! Wait! Down!" from "Namie Amuro" is available and online.

The "Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu 私が恋愛できない理由OST" has already been uploaded online [if you do a search (in Japanese)] but currently in 128k :whistling:

Waiting for better version (320k/FLAC) :fear:

yvliew

Post by yvliew » Dec 15th, '11, 03:58

already downloaded. I love it so much. Thanks for the info MrMojo1!!

loiremusic

Post by loiremusic » Dec 18th, '11, 07:13

Anybody know if there's anybody doing a fansub for this drama?
If there is one, I want in.
Thanks
-Loire-

MrMojo1

Post by MrMojo1 » Dec 21st, '11, 19:54

Look in the Subtitles Forum section for the subtitles as it's there.

loiremusic

Post by loiremusic » Dec 21st, '11, 22:17

MrMojo1 wrote:Look in the Subtitles Forum section for the subtitles as it's there.
Thanks, I found Rollins is doing the softsub for this drama, and asked them if they could let me in :-)

moochi2000

Post by moochi2000 » Jan 9th, '12, 07:09

is anyone still watching this? i'm really disappointed in the ending =.="

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jan 9th, '12, 16:51

I watched this, and thought that it was "ok".
Normally, I don't like these kind of "open" endings, but here it was ok for me. I think the main reason is, that I never "bonded" with any of the three main characters, ebcause I always thought all of them were quite stupid in their own ways, so, to be honest, I didn't care that much about them.

Emi was quite annoying, simply because she didn't now, what she really wanted. If she had opened up to her guy earlier, maybe he would never made the decision to go back to America. She was my least favourite of the three girls.

Saki has now a Job and is even a writer. That's good for her, so she can'T really complain. She never had a realistic love interest in the dorama anyways, so... Over all, I think she was the most interesting character in the whole dorama.

Mako ended up with having "good chances" to get her boss. They didn't say this in a direct way, but hey: Tthe boss gives her a ring for christmas, and his child (who wants a mother) totally likes her...I think they're on a good way to a deeper relationship, so it's a good ending for her as well. I think, her character was somehow cute sometimes...but often just SO DAMN STUPID! I can't believe, there are girls out there that are THAT naive.
btw.: When she found the ring, my first thought was "OMFG, please don'T let it be a marriage proposal, that would have been preposterous...luckily, it wasn't.

Misuzu finally has her husband back...did she deserve it? Hm, I don't now. I mean, what is SO HARD about it, to simply say what you feel to the person YOU LOVE AND ARE MARRIED TO? All these problems just occured, just because she can't say "HEy, you know what? I love you, you'Re the dearest person in my life, and I'm so happy, that you're there. You make me so happy!". That's the worst thing in these series: People just don't talk...
Overall, I give this 5/10. It's avarage. Not really good, but not really bad either. Just...avarage.

btw.: Does anyone know, which of the scenes was the "live broadcast" scene?

moochi2000

Post by moochi2000 » Jan 9th, '12, 19:00

the three of them looking at the tokyo tower = live broadcast

i'm not sure if any of you watched sengyou shufu tantei, but i gave that like a 7.8, so now i don't know what to give this drama lol. i think i'm too lenient with these ratings but i have to say that this drama had a lot of potential in the beginning

Rating:
How much I enjoyed it: 7.9/10
How much it deserves: 6.9/10

and now my thoughts....
WARNING: SUPER LONG
Emi - LIKE WTH? How can you just leave Yu like that? You left the police guy's kendo match to be with Yu, and you led him on regarding the trip to America. The drama tries to portray her as the best character, but she is dumb and immature. No one ever said that you can't go to America and do small lighting events or light up your NEW friends there. Anyways, the whole time about her being unable to confess was just STUPID. She admits to Yu that she broke up initially because she was worried about getting hurt and now that she has overcame the hurdle, suddenly a career problem? They talked about the career problem near the end, but the love problem began since episode 1!

Saki - She is the best character hands down. All her problems are realistic and basically she did what I would have done. Not that I would go into an affair or casually sleep with men, but Saki knew what she was doing. Sad that she didn't end up with Takumi, but this was pretty realistic.

Mako - I think it's ok that she is dumb, because she is portrayed as naive in the drama. Anyhow, how did she get such a good catch? That guy is good LOL. But those 2 guys in the beginning.. wow. Not a very interesting character

Btw, did anyone find it ridiculous that Mako's sister would sleep with the guy just to piss her off? I don't know if a sister would do that.

MIsizu - I don't even want to talk about her.

Takumi - I liked him until the last 2 episodes. What? You were just running away from your wife? I did not see that coming, I thought you actually didn't like her. Troll.

I like all the other characters, especially Yu. If anything, Yu and the police guy are honest and straightforward.

Music: VERY GOOD. The insert song's lyrics are perfect and who doesn't love Namie Amuro

I have to say that the drama started really well, the premise was good and it had a lot of potential. In addition, the symbols were okay in the beginning but it was TOO FORCED, like c'mon paint coming off the walls and repainting after? LOL. Ok, I'm a bit mean but j-doramas nowadays are lagging behind kdramas.

Do I recommend it? Sure, it's a good casual watch and makes people wonder what will happen. The good stuff? I like how they introduce new characters in the middle because it's fresh. I also like how they portray the lighting staff, it was realistic and I got a kick out of the Namie Amuro's concert. I think if you just want to watch a cute romantic story, this one is "okay" but yah....LOL Btw, even with all the plotholes, the acting was perfectly fine
Last edited by moochi2000 on Jan 17th, '12, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Jan 13th, '12, 19:04

I'm happy with how the ending turned out, if Emi had gone to America with Yu she'll be leaving behind the career she already established back at home, her family and friends that she knows. The paths that Yu and Emi want to take are different too, Yu wants to take on the big events, huge stadiums, vegas, concerts, Emi is after the small events like halloween, xmas tree light ups, small things that make people smile. Sure she could move to America with Yu and try to do the same but as mentioned before in the drama, her english is weak, she could rely on Yu but then what? Is she going to rely on Yu for every little thing? It isn't a matter of just going, she'll be jumping right out of her comfort zone into an unknown zone, completely changing her lifestyle, learning another language, facing language barriers, moving to another country completely foreign to her.

It would've been great if she did go America with Yu, nice happy ending, but i think this ending with her not going to America is realistic.

I enjoyed Saki's ending, a proper closure between her and Takumi and finally she landed herself a job that she always wanted. I suspected early on that the writer at the start of every ep was Saki in the present and hoped that it was her which would've meant that she found herself a publishing job and in the present it turns out it is her :lol

As for Mako i was really happy that she finally found someone that isn't a total douche/jerk, the last part i was thinking "oh please don't tell me you're proposing already" but it was "just a xmas present" I'm left with an impression that it'll turn into a serious relationship.

Absolutely loved the music in this drama, fits in with the atmosphere really well
I personally will miss watching the 3 of them every week, a SP would be nice :lol

tego

Post by tego » Feb 5th, '12, 04:12

I just finished watching the final episode.
This the very first jdrama that I have watched. I have to say I loved it very much!
The music was wonderful. The characters were so likeable.
I loved Karina (didn't know who she was until now) as Fujii-senpai.
Thank you Rollins teams for the subtitles.
I am looking forward to trying another jdrama now.
If anyone knows of another show like this one please recommend it to me.
I have selected 'Tokyo Love Story' to try next.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Feb 10th, '12, 16:23

tego wrote:I just finished watching the final episode.
This the very first jdrama that I have watched. I have to say I loved it very much!
The music was wonderful. The characters were so likeable.
I loved Karina (didn't know who she was until now) as Fujii-senpai.
Thank you Rollins teams for the subtitles.
I am looking forward to trying another jdrama now.
If anyone knows of another show like this one please recommend it to me.
I have selected 'Tokyo Love Story' to try next.

I have the same opinion with you.
I love this dorama because it is really telling about love story.
The problem inside really alive, not like usual dorama.
:wub:

maybe you should watch hana yori dango if u never watched it before :cheers:

tego

Post by tego » Feb 12th, '12, 18:17

EriKira, I saw your suggestion for hana yori dango.
It might be a very nice dorama, but I am not as young as you. I am in my forties
So a high school drama might not be right, but thanks.

I finished Tokyo Love Story. Wow was that good!
I am now fully hooked on jdramas.
Next I am watching Freeter Ie Wo Kau.

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 12th, '12, 18:31

^i'm sure you will enjoy freeter ie wo kau

tego

Post by tego » Feb 12th, '12, 23:54

sweetimpact, you are right.
I have seen only two episodes, but I like it so far.
I also have Great Teacher Onizuka and Dirty mama! lined up next.
It will take me awhile to get to them though.
What are you watching?

ermac

Post by ermac » Feb 15th, '12, 14:42

tego wrote:EriKira, I saw your suggestion for hana yori dango.
It might be a very nice dorama, but I am not as young as you. I am in my forties
So a high school drama might not be right, but thanks.

I finished Tokyo Love Story. Wow was that good!
I am now fully hooked on jdramas.
Next I am watching Freeter Ie Wo Kau.
Since u are 40's..go for Love Shuffle

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 15th, '12, 15:00

tego wrote:sweetimpact, you are right.
I have seen only two episodes, but I like it so far.
I also have Great Teacher Onizuka and Dirty mama! lined up next.
It will take me awhile to get to them though.
What are you watching?
saikou no jinsei no owarikata
if you're into dramas that are more on the serious side you may like code blue season 1 and 2

tego

Post by tego » Mar 5th, '12, 00:49

I finished Freeter Ie Wo Kau and enjoyed it.
I've seen three episodes of GTO and it seems like it will be good as well.
I am really taken with Love Shuffle though. I have seen four episodes and I love it!
I am now a full fledged Karina fanatic.
She plays such loveable characters and does it so well.
I guess I am into jdramas that explore the serious side of relationships.
Thank you both Avatar and sweetimpact for your recommendations.

doramaworld

Post by doramaworld » Aug 26th, '13, 14:17

My review on this drama:
http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2013/08 ... kinai.html

Simply put, I thought that this drama didn't really offer anything refreshing to look at and the constant but predictable flip-flops in the story's direction didn't help either. Sole consolation was seeing Yoshitaka Yuriko who brought Saki to life with her cheerful appearance but vulnerable inner self.