[Discussion] Lucky 7 (Matsumoto Jun,Eita,Matsushima Nanako)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Lucky 7 (Matsumoto Jun,Eita,Matsushima Nanako)

Post by yanie » Dec 12th, '11, 03:25

Seem like this is the most anticipated drama next season :blink

Title: ラッキーセブン (Lucky Seven)
On: FujiTV, Mondays, 9 PM (starting January 16th)

Story Idea & Chief Director: Sato Shinsuke (the director of GANTZ movies)

Scriptwriter: Hayafune Kaeko & Nogi Akiko

Story: A small detective agency consist of 7 members, 4 men and 3 women. The agency is run by a female boss, whose purpose in running the private detective agency would be revealed bit by bit in each episode.

Cast:

The Lucky Seven members:
Matsumoto Jun - newbie detective who gets emotionally involved in the cases
Eita - a cool detective and often gets in an argument with the newbie
Oizumi Yo - senior detective
Kadono Takuzo - 60 years old detective
Naka Riisa - cool and ignorant female detective
Iriki Mari - young female detective
Matsushima Nanako - the boss detective of the agency

Kazue Fukiishi - a female police who gets involved with Lucky Seven

I'm really not into detective stuff right now, but Nanako as a boss detective is definitely a must-see for me! :mrgreen: I thought she'll get a rest and continue taking care of her children after Kaseifu, didn't expect she'd appear in drama series, 2 seasons in a row. Her husband will have a drama too, next season, I hope their kids are in good hands until spring XD

Hoping this drama won't be similar to BOSS...

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 12th, '11, 05:59

Thank you for the post Yanie!
Naka Riisa character description kinda differ from tokyohive translation. I don't want her to be ignorant..
Here's the description acording to TH:
Naka Riisa is going to play a female member of the detective agency, ‘Mizuno Asuka’. She’s a very calm and composed woman who only plays an observer when her male colleagues once again cannot stop arguing back and forth. However, when it actually comes to doing their job, she plays a very important and active part within the team, and is not afraid of doing things that not even her male colleagues would have the guts for.

She commented, “This is going to be unlike any other Monday drama before. It’s cool and all, so that even men are going to be interested in it. Please look forward to it. I think I even saw some action scenes for my character, so you should certainly not miss those.”

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 12th, '11, 06:27

Yay! More Eita and I'll all for detective stories...

Didn't know Nanako will be in it, well good news then it's got pretty strong cast, i hope the writers won't disappoint us with the plot.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '11, 07:31

:w00t:
Matsujun, Eita and Nanako? It is a must watch for me.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 13th, '11, 08:15

Tanihara Shosuke joins the cast!
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/tanihara ... n-spin-off

NOT exactly though. Seem like he'll be a character on TV in the drama. The detective on TV series, whom the leading role admires.

But before that, a sub-channel of FujiTV will broadcast that detective TV show for 4 episodes.

I'm so interested!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 13th, '11, 09:07

yanie wrote:Tanihara Shosuke joins the cast!
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/tanihara ... n-spin-off!
It just gets better and better. 8)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 13th, '11, 17:44

I'm more excited about he spin-off than anything else.. Tanihara Shousuke!? #^^# but it feels like a Buzzer Beat cast; great cast but a bleh lead (yeah.. I don't really like Jun too much) everyone else BUT him I'm looking forward to.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 13th, '11, 18:01

Matsujun is my old time soft spot. I can't miss any drama of him even if it's really bad. :P

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 13th, '11, 22:03

«minah» wrote:I'm more excited about he spin-off than anything else.. Tanihara Shousuke!? #^^# but it feels like a Buzzer Beat cast; great cast but a bleh lead (yeah.. I don't really like Jun too much) everyone else BUT him I'm looking forward to.
at least he's not "dead" unlike Yamapi :P
Matsujun is a forceful actor and it kind of bothers me... I hope he'll manage to maintain a good balance of emotion over this character. It kind of scares me to know his character likes to imitate the TV detective. Sounds tacky tbh.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 13th, '11, 23:31

To tell the truth I only enjoy Jun's Momo in Kimi wa petto. The problem with his acting is that you feel he is acting, like he's not the character but the actor who acts. He tries so hard so it becomes obvious (see: Natsu niji drama). Not sure if I make sense but that's how I feel.

Love Eita so yea gonna check this out anyway.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 14th, '11, 01:33

Nomanymore wrote:To tell the truth I only enjoy Jun's Momo in Kimi wa petto. The problem with his acting is that you feel he is acting, like he's not the character but the actor who acts. He tries so hard so it becomes obvious (see: Natsu niji drama). Not sure if I make sense but that's how I feel.
EXACTLY. My favorite work by him were Kimi Wa Petto and Tokyo Tower. HYD was good too but imo it was really easy for him to play that character. He only has to amplified himself to be extra flamboyant and tsundere to be Domyouji and he's pretty familiar with the manga too.
He's not a bad actor honestly but sometimes he over does things XD. I'm curious what he will do about his character.

Zazaza29

Post by Zazaza29 » Dec 14th, '11, 08:25

Issy wrote:Matsujun is my old time soft spot. I can't miss any drama of him even if it's really bad. :P
Lol yeah. I'm the same as you. The problem with Jun is that his real-life personality/presence is too strong, so when he tries to act as someone else, you can still see bits of his real self in every role and that becomes the problem.

I think Jun would do well in supporting roles, maybe as the weird or eccentric best friend of the lead. He was great in Tokyo Tower, even stole the spotlight from Okada Junichi. People have also been praising his acting in his recent butai, saying that being juxtaposed to Koide Keisuke (who is in a co-starring role as Jun) really brings out his strengths.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 15th, '11, 15:04

brokenparadise wrote:
«minah» wrote:I'm more excited about he spin-off than anything else.. Tanihara Shousuke!? #^^# but it feels like a Buzzer Beat cast; great cast but a bleh lead (yeah.. I don't really like Jun too much) everyone else BUT him I'm looking forward to.
at least he's not "dead" unlike Yamapi :P
Matsujun is a forceful actor and it kind of bothers me... I hope he'll manage to maintain a good balance of emotion over this character. It kind of scares me to know his character likes to imitate the TV detective. Sounds tacky tbh.
But that's exactly how I feel about Yamashita (forceful acting... acting like you're acting) and for Jun it's a combi of characters he played & his acting that turns me off. There's people who can play a douchey spoiled kid but to me he didn't give that extra oomph that made him own it. But yeah, all in all... I'm not watching it because Jun's in it (to he, he happens to be in it) and interested in the plot and the other cast. I'm totally looking forward to the spinoff though (Tanihara..... awesome)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 15th, '11, 17:28

Let's just say that each one of us is watching this for a reason or someone. At the end of the day, it is matter of tastes and each one has their own opinion. Hopefully it's good enough to keep watching.

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 16th, '11, 00:21

Looking forward to this one really much :-)

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Dec 16th, '11, 08:44

What I can say.. this drama is in my list for the next season...

MUST WATCH!!! eita & nanako... :) can't wait

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Dec 19th, '11, 07:50

nanako :wub:
She is probably one of the few actresses that can make me watch a drama even if it sucks... which i don't expect. :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 19th, '11, 07:53

LoveWillB4U wrote:nanako :wub:
She is probably one of the few actresses that can make me watch a drama even if it sucks... which i don't expect. :cheers:
Has she ever star a drama that sucks? I enjoyed all of her dramas, as far as I remember :lol

futarichan

Post by futarichan » Dec 25th, '11, 17:01

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 25th, '11, 17:35

futarichan wrote:1st Trailer :w00t:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeyP-fQBxrM
Eita is back with his epic hair! :D

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Dec 25th, '11, 18:56

I only saw Matsushima Nanako in Yamato Nadeshiko and Hana Yori Dango, and recently Kaseifu no Mita. She's a great actress indeed!
I'll checkout this drama just for her :p
avieamber wrote:
futarichan wrote:1st Trailer :w00t:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeyP-fQBxrM
Eita is back with his epic hair! :D
lol this made me laugh.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 27th, '11, 08:10

I found a picture of Jun's character sneak peek in an arashi community. Credits to yamakaze067: bed scene?/scarf/cage-fighting?

Zazaza29

Post by Zazaza29 » Dec 28th, '11, 11:50

^^ Lol Matsujun and his bed scenes. He recently had a few of these scenes in Aa Kouya, and now another one in this drama? Awesome.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 30th, '11, 01:10

from the official site 1st episode summary
Jun was having an affair with a married woman. Her husband hired Lucky detective agency to stalk them but Jun caught Eita and confronted him in Lucky's headquarters. He eventually were hired on the spot by Lucky's lady boss.
I won't make a habit of calling the characters by the actors' real name after the drama aired.

gifs from some promos (credit dreamlights.tumblr)
Image Image

Eita has a more defined body but I prefer Jun's raw physique.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 30th, '11, 01:42

thanks for the info. I hope I don't make the habit of calling the characters by their real names too coz I always have the tendency to do so when it gets troublesome to remember their character names, especially if I'm watching 5-6 diff dramas in one season :lol

I've always thought Eita is skinny! LOL but looks like he's got some muscles (can't see clearly, but can't wait for the 1st epi!) :cheers:

Alvren

Post by Alvren » Dec 30th, '11, 23:09

I wonder if anyone's picked this series up yet?
If not, I'll do it. :-) as long as raws show up. It has Naka Riisa, that alone should be enough reason for me to sub it. :wub:

biteme_lestat

Post by biteme_lestat » Jan 8th, '12, 05:22

Really excited for this one!

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Jan 8th, '12, 20:27

Awesome! I'm watching this for Naka Riisa and Matsushima Nanako.

I hope this drama breaks the mould from the standard drama-look, like more cinematic like American shows - because judging from Gantz, the Director is definitely capable of that!

Trailer:

Haha I feel sorry for the Lucky 7 members in the far corners [Kadono Takuzo, Iriki Mari] ... they don't get introduced in the trailer! Lucky 5 and the other 2...

EDIT:
Just watched the Tuna fish promo video sub and extended trailer subbed by ArashiAngelSubs on LJ. Cool! Aw the show isn't really cinematic looking, it still looks like a normal drama. Fight choreography is nice though. One day I'll hope Japanese TV looks as good as movies or western TV

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Jan 15th, '12, 02:28

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/01/cast-m ... onference/

Press Conference for the Lucky 5! Or Lucky 4 rather... Heh @ Johnny's rule not to photograph Matsumoto Jun?

Just 1 more day to wait now :)

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jan 17th, '12, 23:30

Alvren wrote:I wonder if anyone's picked this series up yet?
If not, I'll do it. :-) as long as raws show up. It has Naka Riisa, that alone should be enough reason for me to sub it. :wub:
Surprisingly, none.. I'm not even sure Stormy is taking on the project and if they do it might take a bit of time before we'll have our subs. Hardsubs takes too long and I can't stand the fancy fonts subbers like to use. Would pretty much appreciate if you're picking this one up!

I've watched the raw and it was interesting. The cast was engaging especially Eita. The fight scenes were great but the case was kind of boring. I hope they get to investigate difficult scams, murders and such.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jan 17th, '12, 23:51

please do :) JP sub is available as well!

KoyKen

Post by KoyKen » Jan 18th, '12, 00:18

furransu wrote:
please do :) JP sub is available as well!
Also asking... Onegaishimasu!!

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 18th, '12, 00:32

Watched first episode, and somehow this drama didnt feel as awesome as i thought it would be.... :-(

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jan 18th, '12, 01:16

^yeah. it's not that it was bad but all the promos and the cast leveled up my expectation a lot and it didn't quite reach it. Shotarou's concern for the client bothers me...
when he touched the girl's cheek (in a brotherly way- bridge scene) it was an "eh" moment. i don't get all the concern. maybe i'm insensitive but it is weird to see physical contact when they barely see each other or spoken before. i see no connection.

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Jan 18th, '12, 02:39

brokenparadise wrote: Surprisingly, none...
ArashiAngelSubs are one group that are intending to sub- although I think only hard sub and via LiveJournal.

Maybe everyone can co-ordinate with each other with subbing to make it a faster and quality process? Alven is an awesome translator and we're in safe hands with him so please do =]

But I agree I prefer softsubs alot more than hard subs. None of that fancy wancy fonts and it's easier for me to learn Japanese by repeating the text every now and again in aegisub ^_^

I scrubbed through the RAW and it doesn't look like a must watch, so I guess I'll skip it til the series is finished...
Last edited by moustachegai on Jan 19th, '12, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

futarichan

Post by futarichan » Jan 19th, '12, 13:03

^^ Seconded
They put too much energy to making fight scene (probably took more 50% of time for 1st episode :P) Action scene which cool and refreshing but not balance with too easy case makes it little bit heh moment in the end. Mou owatta to ka. Hopefully progress better next one

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 19th, '12, 15:04

Feels like this drama is just a promotional video for eita...:P
Last edited by Romance on Jan 21st, '12, 15:43, edited 3 times in total.

Alvren

Post by Alvren » Jan 19th, '12, 19:27

It's too bad, but I guess I'll have to drop out... but this shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure someone will come up with English softsubs in no time. :)

Anyway, I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. The music was cool, the scenes (like everyone mentioned, specially the fight scene) were very well-performed and I didn't find the case boring. Indeed Shoutarou's care for the client felt kinda awkward, but beside such details, I found it enjoyable.

What impressed me the most is that I liked Iriki Mari's character (the door girl) better than Naka Riisa's. :D I mean, Riisa's a cool detective and all, but Mari is just awesome! Even though she says like three words in the entire episode...

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Jan 19th, '12, 20:35

Ah so still no takers for softsubbing on D-Addicts then... :'( Even with that beautifully convenient script and timed Japanese subtitle files available...

Aw crap... maybe if I didn't mention the other group you may have released the sub by now lol

I agree Iriki Mari and Oizumi was cool. Matsushima Nanako looked strangely... wide eyed and smilingly vacant. Riisa seems to be playing ditzy/shallow/annoying support again. I wanted ubergeek or femme fatale! Ah well.

Has anyone seen the Lucky 7 spin off Tanihara Shosuke/Makabe Ryu thing yet? Is that good?

Well, anyway I guess I'll re-catch up on the show 11 weeks from now...

Alvren

Post by Alvren » Jan 19th, '12, 20:45

Actually the problem is that I realised I won't be able to do it to the end, so I decided to not even start...
Are the Japanese subtitles beautifully timed? They weren't at all for me. Maybe the video I grabbed wasn't suited for them?

Oh, and before I forget, thanks, moustachegai :) I'm not an awesome translator, I'm just someone with lots of free time at the moment.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 19th, '12, 22:08

brokenparadise wrote:^yeah. it's not that it was bad but all the promos and the cast leveled up my expectation a lot and it didn't quite reach it. Shotarou's concern for the client bothers me...
when he touched the girl's cheek (in a brotherly way- bridge scene) it was an "eh" moment. i don't get all the concern. maybe i'm insensitive but it is weird to see physical contact when they barely see each other or spoken before. i see no connection.
LOL yeah, this was like a catwalk of your average jdrama stereotyped characters. Also expected at least some kind of creative variation of the ever same ethically motivated NEET turns into hero theme. KKK but well fight scenes made me laugh, Jun's S-line made me giggle and at least Oizumi was fun to watch. Might give the 2nd ep another chance...might end up enjoying it for the sum of its faults...hope EITA will stop jumping around like tigger though :P

Btw
He touched her after asking her whether she's been standing there forever...to check how cold her cheeks were...still cheesy...but hey his character IS a gigolo...what can you expect?

And come on...inu and saru? That's so lame it's already funny again.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jan 19th, '12, 23:46

Alvren wrote:Actually the problem is that I realised I won't be able to do it to the end, so I decided to not even start...
Are the Japanese subtitles beautifully timed? They weren't at all for me. Maybe the video I grabbed wasn't suited for them?

Oh, and before I forget, thanks, moustachegai :) I'm not an awesome translator, I'm just someone with lots of free time at the moment.
Japanese subs
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_103971.htm

timed for the 450p raw i uploaded

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 20th, '12, 01:52

The first ep was okay^^ The first scenes were very interesting, I love Eita's first "kungfu" scene, lol. But starting the last half, I felt they overdone it. But since I didn't watch much promos, I don't feel disappointed or anything. Will definitely watch the next ep!^^

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Jan 24th, '12, 09:28

It's too bad there are still no takers for this drama, i'm really curious to watch it.
I'm hoping it will turn out like Kare, Otto, Otoko, no interest at start but then it got subbed pretty fast. 8)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jan 24th, '12, 15:06

I was preparing myself for disappointment after reading posts here. But :blink I really enjoyed the first episode. The fight scene was really cool. It seems to be a fun drama on the lighthearted side. I will continue to watch and look forward to more!

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Jan 25th, '12, 05:16

can't wait

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Jan 25th, '12, 17:07

First 2 eps subbed by ArashiAngelSub and Soojin is out in the subtitle section of this forum.

Cool cool ^_^ Looking forward to seeing them all and joining in discussions later...

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Jan 26th, '12, 10:02

Ha okay I couldn't resist watching the episodes. Yup... the show does seem like it should be called the Eita show.

Thoughts on 1st episode:
Yeah it seemed the second half half of the episode was poorly written. They could easily have stopped the target/brother from going into the Fight Club. None of that need to infiltrate and fight on his behalf and stall time... especially when they already had evidence of illegal gambling and fighting den for a police stake out anyway.

It was just an excuse to get Eita and Jun to do a half naked homo erotic tussle.

It's fun but it's very silly.
Thoughts on episode 2:
Cool episode. Naka Riisa in a gorgeous blue dress, and what seems like a personal dig on her in the script: "Always having to come home early on a date, can't sleepover, the result is you'll be single forever" lol.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jan 30th, '12, 10:10

I've just finished watching the first episode. I thought it was just 'okay', but maybe I'm biased... I finished watching "Scent of a Woman" last night (which was this epic sad love-story) and maybe "Lucky 7" was not the right drama to watch straight after this. I might keep watching though to see how it develops (and not just for MatsuJun teehee :P ).

bijak

Post by bijak » Jan 31st, '12, 12:31

Going to try this...coz got Eita! xD

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 2nd, '12, 06:01

Yeah, me too, I think it's somehow just mediocre. Maybe I had too much anticipation with the casts. Matsushima Nanako's role is totally underused, she appeared for like few minutes, few lines in each episode.

I realize that Eita and matsujun are the focus of the show, still...for someone as huge as Nanako to be used minimally in a drama, is a waste for me. The cases are not very interesting too. But for Eita, I'll still watch this.

Ilumtics

Post by Ilumtics » Feb 22nd, '12, 09:25

I just finished watching ep 6. [/spoiler] It's a good ep, but the reason I watch this drama is Eita, so :cry: . It seems that the preview for ep 7 doesn't have Eita as well.
What the ....?

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Feb 22nd, '12, 10:36

Great cast but the writing and plots are horrendous. The show doesn't flow and at times was very boring. I am sure Eita will be back for the finale about Nanako's dad or something.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Feb 24th, '12, 21:09

it maybe not a stellar story but its light and fun to watch. Regretfully Eita is not there anymore ( I was pinning to this show because of him and Nanako). I like the interaction between all the members..Nanako's role maybe small, but each of her presence left hoping for more(haha)..compares to her role in Kaseifu, she's smiling a lot in this show.

Any news if Eita will come back? why is a lead role has to be missing mid-point?

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Mar 23rd, '12, 16:32

This is probably the worse drama I've ever seen... maybe I've got really high standards but most other dramas made me feel something like anger, sadness, tears, laughter, affection etc.

This drama is only really OK as very light entertainment with no emotional investment. Like if we were channell hopping and needed something easy in the background as we cooked or browsed the web or played on our phones.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Mar 23rd, '12, 19:42

Issy - who is that on the bottom left of your sig. he's in a drama that I'm trying to look for...about him being some poor delivery guy and liking this lawyer woman.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 23rd, '12, 19:57

His name is Im Ju Hwan and this is a wrong thread to ask that.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Mar 24th, '12, 01:15

Sorry Ethlenn!

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Apr 3rd, '12, 10:31

I have just finished watching this drama. I have to say that the plot was somehow not flowing but they all seemed like separate episodes. It was fun on the whole had some good 'fighting' scenes but I was very disappointed by the fact that Eita did not star in the second half of the episodes of the drama and was shown very little in the last two episodes. It is a shame as the cast was very good and the whole drama could have been developed much better.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 12th, '12, 02:55

I have just finished this drama and I have to say that I don't feel negative about this as the post above seem to. I guess, its a 1 episode at a time kind of drama like most detective dramas, except the few episodes in the middle around Nitta's event. I guess they could have added a new short snippets of Nitta featured parts from ep. 6-9 and featured more hints in the earlier episodes about Toko's father's case. I am fan of MatsuJun's looks but I really don't enjoy his acting all that much; Shuntaro = Jun it felt like. Nitta was the best character all along and so when they lost him it was a shame. I absolutely loved all the moments Toko/President (Matsushima Nanako) was in it; if there was more of her it would have been great. And Junpei/Asuka were great too. I really enjoyed this drama and really don't think its as bad as you guys say...but they I'm not comparing to a masterpiece or a longevity type of drama.

Highlight: Ep.1's Nitta/Shuntaro's fight was very cool.
Fav part: Toko's san aaaamazing kick!! Lol!!

CrawlinUK

Lucky Seven Special coming in January

Post by CrawlinUK » Dec 19th, '12, 20:24

Just saw a quick tv commercial for Lucky Seven Special, and found further details on the website.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/lucky-seven/index.html
3rd January 2013
I though someone may be interested to know.[/url]

nikid

Post by nikid » Dec 19th, '12, 23:04

oo, nice....thanks for the info :-)

DragonSpikeXIII

Post by DragonSpikeXIII » Dec 19th, '12, 23:23

Great news!

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Dec 20th, '12, 01:29

Thanks for the info!