Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Discussion] Beautiful Life

Post by geoffropuff » Dec 12th, '04, 09:23

the review for this drama can be found here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10405

hakurey

Post by hakurey » Dec 12th, '04, 16:54

Haven't watched dramas for at least 4 months. I just watched this two days ago, so it's fresh in my mind. It was so good that I stayed up till 5am to finish it.

There's nothing miraculous or the hands of fate intervening in this drama. The thing I like about this drama is the situation they present is easy to take in. Little things like showing how she handles getting in and out of the car. I have a friend in a wheelchair and it's difficult dealing with doors, stairs etc. I wonder if this drama wanted to highlight something about wheelchairs.

I didn't find it slow at all, maybe cause I was so engrossed in it. I'm glad they changed her hairstyle. The guy who played Satoru was just so...kawai...actually they're the ones who does the best haircuts. Great chemistry between the two leads.

If you want an emotional time then I recommend this drama, glad I watched it alone in the wee hours of the morning. This is the best Japanese drama I've seen.

I see Meguri Ai is jdrama of the week. It has the same actress, I wonder if I should dl it?

zaza_tk87

Post by zaza_tk87 » Dec 13th, '04, 09:04

nothing special for me, I heard so many good things about this series but I don't enjoy it much.. a bit slow for me.. and it's not that sad.. okay, I agree I cried on the last eppy but I'm the one who is easy to cry watching kinda sad jdrama, but to compare to other sad jdramas I watch, beautiful life is not that sad to me, not in my fav list..

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 18th, '04, 22:28

It's hard to say antyhing about this show without introducing spoilers to it.
It is a definit must see and not at all to slow. Believe me I am known to walk out the room after kicking the side of my TV or monitor a few times if the dorama is boring, inconsistent or just plain dumb.

I guess I get really involved.

In this show on the other hand, it is easy to lose oneself and forget time.
Two allnighters in a row and realizing that had I not had to go to work, I'd be sitting watching all episodes straight through easily.

This is truly one of the better shows of this year and having seen Virgin Road and Beautiful Life right after one another, lets say there is such a thing as voluntary insomnia too :D

Tokiwa does an excellent job at portraying a handicapped girl and all that comes with it in concerns for those around you and so on. Even more so, this show hit very very close to home as the end of the show is almost superbly matched up with reality for friends of mine. Scaringly close to home in fact.

See it. Even if you're not in to this kind of dorama, I can vouch for that this stuff actually happens in real life too.

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Dec 18th, '04, 23:09

I don't find dramas to be life altering so I just voted See it. As for this drama being slow I can only say that if you thought that about this show you shouldn't try some of the Korean series. The reason most Japanese dramas are Not slow is because they have a perfect number of episodes. 10-12. With 16-24 episodes the Korean dramas have a lot of time that they don't know how to handle and the shows get slow and, sometimes, boring.

Beautiful Life has a really good story, great acting and a realistic portrait of a handicapped person.

See it!

ericf

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Dec 26th, '04, 00:06

I would have to say that beautiful life was life altering for me. It was the first jdrama I ever saw and I grabbed it at jtv about a year and a half ago. I cried like a baby. It made me seek out others and around the time I had grabbed all of jtv's releases, I found d-addicts and I was a goner...er totally in love with jdramas. :P

I am not gay at all, but I like kimura takuya a lot. I like the characters that he plays. They are quite a bit alike from drama to drama, but he makes the shows likeable. He led me to my beloved Takako (Matsu Takako). See my avatar..hehe

The pairing of Tokiwa Takako and Kimura Takuya in Beautiful Life was great. They were a convincing pair. I wonder if a second viewing would change my opinion on that.....hmmmmm

Other than Meguri ai, I have not seen anyother Tokiwa Takako dramas. I look forward to more.

8)

Kimura Takuya
http://www.jdorama.com/artiste.220.htm

Matsu Takako :wub:
http://www.jdorama.com/artiste.270.htm

Tokiwa Takako
http://www.jdorama.com/artiste.110.htm

thebigboss0304

Post by thebigboss0304 » Dec 26th, '04, 12:23

I love this drama very2 much.. It's very touching.. You really have to watch it.. Anyways,do you guys know any other dramas that are as great as Beautiful Life??

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Dec 27th, '04, 02:57

I put "probably shouldn't miss it" because basically it's a biggie: a popular one that pretty much every jdrama fan has seen. However, I didn't like it all that much. It was okie, but I didn't run around recommending it to people. During the first half I was into it. Towards the end I was just trying to finish it. So my vote is that it was good but not great. I'm biased though, I'm not a fan of Tokiwa Takako. As with other actors/actresses I don't like, I will watch something with her in it for the sake of seeing the drama (I won't pass up a good drama just b/c someone I dislike is in it). I actually thought Mizuno Miki and Tokiwa Takako should have switched roles, like Miki play the wheelchair chick and Takako play the supporting role. And no, I didn't cry at the end, I don't tend to cry on dramas. If I get blurry eyes, that's equivalent to someone else bawling their eyes out. But still, I didn't have that with this one. However, at the end, Takuya's reaction was pretty sad.

i3lu3fun

Post by i3lu3fun » Dec 27th, '04, 11:49

:-( heart-warming story.. great act from all cast members.. A must watch for all j-dorama lovers!

apples

Post by apples » Dec 27th, '04, 11:54

i voted life altering.. just because i discovered how great asian dramas are... it seemed simple, yet it kept me hooked to it until the last episode.

Post by 206 » Jan 10th, '05, 03:33

I think this was the 5th j-drama I saw and it just after Summer Snow. After two sad ones in a row I was about to commit suicide as I had forgotten about Japan's love for tragedy and no big deal for having a sad endings. Well acted and very real. I'd say this will be in the top twenty for a long time.

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Jan 11th, '05, 03:42

I'd say that this JDrama is a must see! I watched it a while ago but I can say that it's a heart warming and very touching show... not once tears appeared in my eyes.. But yeah, it is very hard to say anything without spoiling it. A magical love that makes you think "life would of been grate if such people really existed".. and I guess those who saw it should know what I mean by saying that. So if you're a true JDrama fan watch it!

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Jan 18th, '05, 11:17

FOr me, the drama is kinda boring. :O with very little jokes or funny moments. ITs that serious.. serious dramas are not my cup of tea.

blue_chocobo

Post by blue_chocobo » Jan 18th, '05, 11:57

I really liked this drama.
and yes I admit, I almost cried.

I voted life altering cuz it made me think of what I had and what i had to lose.

First drama that I actually saw the whole thing of in one sitting.
all 11 eps, i was glued to the tv. KYOKO!!! :'(

LordGus

Post by LordGus » Jan 19th, '05, 14:04

Voted Life altering.
Beautiful Life is simply the best drama I´ve seen so far. Kimura Takuya's best performance. =)

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jan 20th, '05, 07:52

it just didn't float my boat. :crazy:

seneschal

It's OK

Post by seneschal » Jan 20th, '05, 08:00

I've watched it through Episode 7, a bit slow in the beginning...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jan 21st, '05, 09:58

I'll go on record as saying that this was my first, and still favorite Jdrama! Maybe because I dated a girl in a wheelchair for a while, maybe because it it had a beautiful/haunting/sad/happy ending that stayed with me for a long time afterwards.

The line where he asks her the right way to hug her brought back a memory or two for me. All in all, if there's a perfect drama floating around anywhere out there, my vote would be this one. Definitely.

alvy

Post by alvy » Jan 21st, '05, 10:28

fayenatic wrote:it just didn't float my boat. :crazy:
I find myself agreeing with fayenatic once more. This series never touched me and I never really felt anything for the characters. :-(

For a KimuTaku romance, I prefer Long Vacation or Love Generation. But I liked his bike. :-)

I just spent all night rewatching and recrying Virgin Road. There's a jdrama that really gets my heartstrings vibrating. :cry: :D

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jan 21st, '05, 11:31

How funny. I just went back and watched the last 3 eps of Virgin Road myself. I figured it didn't get a fair shot since I watched it right on the heels of Beautiful Life, so it didn't affect me too much at the time. VR is now definitely in my top 10 favorites!

But Beautiful Life is still #1!!!!!!!! :P

panairjdde

Post by panairjdde » Feb 3rd, '05, 04:27

LordGus wrote:Voted Life altering.
Beautiful Life is simply the best drama I´ve seen so far. Kimura Takuya's best performance. =)
I agree it's a magnificent drama.

Maybe, Kimura's best performance is in "Good Luck!!", however, which is more light-hearted.

sillypanda114
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sillypanda114 » Feb 6th, '05, 01:39

the story was absolutely touching. and also the acting. the guy who played shuji... his name slips my mind at the moment... he portrayed the character really well. and kyoko was also very good. the two main character's interaction in this drama was amazing. i rarely found this drama moving too slowly. definitely see this

vega12

Post by vega12 » Feb 6th, '05, 05:47

This is the first J-Drama I've seen (unless the live action Sailor Moon counts ^_~) and I must say I enjoyed it a lot! I voted life altering as this story really touched my heart and made me cry. Next up in my download queue is Long Vacation...

baka_neko

Post by baka_neko » Feb 18th, '05, 06:17

the part i loved most and is most memorable for me is when 'she' agreed to let 'him' sort out her hair...

wow!

it didnt really do any thing for me but i watched it right after i watched god! please give me more time. so i think that kinda affected my opinions of beautiful life

Yashiro

Post by Yashiro » Feb 20th, '05, 15:39

Life alterating , i've cried like a baby when I saw this drama . It's a so pure and beautiful love between two oposite person !

stephenhei

Beautiful LIfe

Post by stephenhei » Feb 22nd, '05, 14:03

I think this classic drama is as great as Long Vacaion. Two stories are composed by same author. Of course, the author bought different messages to us.

Basically, this drama have given a big message to audience, "Life and Love."
It points out, "endless love exists even couple cannot be together. As long as you deeply love someone who also deeply love you, even it is short, you own a beautiful life."

This drama..... the beginning Kyoko do not want to love Kimura because she don't want him sad if she's gone. The way she reacted made herself unhappy and sad. At the end, she understand "Love" can overcome bunden, sadness and Life to make herself beautiful.

Every single part in each episode slowly lead you to understand this message. Also, to be a great drama, it must bring message to the auidence (community). You can easliy notice the message from this drama.

I agree that "Long Vacation" would make myself happier than "Beautiful Life." In terms of content, I think both of them are also my favorite. It gave me a lesson (I spent more time to my gf :wub: , because I know how to make our beautiful Life)

If you are the person to watch something to make fun, this drama maybe not your favourite. However, the content and its meaning is overwhelming. It applied to everyone of us. This drama is highly rewarded in Japan in year 2000.
(The average number of people watched in Japan history is ranked no. 2, the single episode number of people watched is ranked no.1 in Japan History)

Some small profile of Tokiwa Takako:
I saw reviews that most of you havn't seen much drama of Tokiwa. Actually she was once called the best actress from 1995 to 2001.

Her famous drama includes:
Say you Love me, Mahiru no tsuki, Risou no kekkon, Saigo no koi, Kabachitare, Meguri ai, Beautiful Life and Love Long Letter

So far D-addicts only have Say you Love me, Beautiful Life and Meguri ai. I hope more of her great drama would be up to d-addicts :D

Lay-z

First drama seen

Post by Lay-z » Feb 22nd, '05, 21:30

I leave in Norway and have roots from Pakistan. And Beatiful Life is the first drama from Japan/JTV I have watchen/downloaded. And I loved it.
I liked every actor on Beatiful Life. Every one lived in their role.
Bacuse of this drama I have turned to Japan Drama fan.
Kimura Takuya(Okishima Shuji) is the best I must say!
Does he have other roles in other tv-series/drama that I coul download from this site so just say it. beaucause he is the king.
And I also liked Ikeuchi Hiroyuki(Okabe Takumi). I try to download GTO now. I know he have a role in that tv-serial too.
:blink
:roll

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Feb 26th, '05, 00:36

A wonderful jdrama. The ending was a killer, had me in tears... :cry:

How I wish, it could have had a happy ending...

Kay

marylou

Post by marylou » Feb 26th, '05, 03:29

is beautifull life available here?

i looked for it but i didnt found anything! :cry:

Kayote

Re: First drama seen

Post by Kayote » Feb 26th, '05, 08:49

Lay-z wrote:I leave in Norway and have roots from Pakistan. And Beatiful Life is the first drama from Japan/JTV I have watchen/downloaded. And I loved it.
I liked every actor on Beatiful Life. Every one lived in their role.
Bacuse of this drama I have turned to Japan Drama fan.
Kimura Takuya(Okishima Shuji) is the best I must say!
Does he have other roles in other tv-series/drama that I coul download from this site so just say it. beaucause he is the king.
And I also liked Ikeuchi Hiroyuki(Okabe Takumi). I try to download GTO now. I know he have a role in that tv-serial too.
:blink
:roll
What do u know, Im Pakistani as well (in England). I could have sworm Im the only Pakistani into this stuff. :)

For recommendations, I havent seen GTO (am new as well) but you should check out Hero. Thats another fun series. Let me know if I can be of any help. And there are thread on recommendations so check them out as well. Have fun.

Marylou, check Japan-TV fans's website for the torrents http://www.jtv-drama.org/

Kay [/url]

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse » Feb 28th, '05, 22:33

it's the first time i cried for a drama :D (i haven't seen summer snow yet) demo...
i really loved this show, the connection between kyoko et shuji was incredible. The last episode was really a killer, we allready knew what was going to happen but it really touched me :cry:
I know the dream of kyoko and shuji came true demo i really prefered (hoped) that kyoko was still there
damm damm damm :cry:

now going to watch summer snow

SleepyBoi

Post by SleepyBoi » Mar 4th, '05, 02:02

*SPOILERS

Just finished it yesterday, I wanted to give it a ten like most people have but I'm sorry to say that I give it an 8/10. After watching it, i realized that this drama is way overrated.I didn't understand why the episode where Masao's supposed arranged marriage went awry just because the bride-to-be found out that his sister was in a wheelchair? What the hell was that all about?!? It felt so unrealistic. I don't think people around that time were that harsh as well as the people of today. Also, I can't deny Kimura's acting ability, but for some reason in the first half of the drama, Kimura's character made you wonder if he was really in love with her or not and the same goes with Takako's character. It was as if they were forcing love on each other. In fact, I actually enjoyed Masao and Sachi's gradually developing relationship even better.
Otherwise this drama was worth the DL and should be left in your collection. Their portrayal of life as a handicapped individual helped open my eyes to their struggles with even the little details like opening the door, not being able to go to some places just because it isn't wheelchair accessible. Anyway, since the ending was spoiled for me, the last episode wasn't really a tearjerker but ended with a more peaceful tone that will leave you touched. Hope this review helps someone out. :-) Now the SleepyBoi can sleep :sleeping: -peace

xiangkc

Post by xiangkc » Mar 9th, '05, 04:49

oh man... sad sad sad movie... but the view at 100cm is still beautiful... ^_^

Sana

Post by Sana » Mar 10th, '05, 07:01

SleepyBoi wrote:*SPOILERS

Just finished it yesterday, I wanted to give it a ten like most people have but I'm sorry to say that I give it an 8/10. After watching it, i realized that this drama is way overrated.I didn't understand why the episode where Masao's supposed arranged marriage went awry just because the bride-to-be found out that his sister was in a wheelchair? What the hell was that all about?!? It felt so unrealistic. I don't think people around that time were that harsh as well as the people of today.
I assumed that after marriage, the wife has to live with the husband's family. Since the bro has to take care of the sister, his wife would have to share the duty also. She probably didn't want the hassle and sorry to say, I don't think many people today would want to either.

vhh

Post by vhh » Mar 27th, '05, 01:53

Life altering. Only thing was I think the writers were implying Kimura's character loved Takako's character out of pity because she was in a wheelchair. It's been awhile since I've seen this drama, but Takako's character seemed to confirm that "Thanks for loving me because Im in a wheelchair" thing. Takako is so very cute too. :wub:

innocentrules

Post by innocentrules » Jun 7th, '05, 04:35

Hey there..does beautiful life has subs for it??? Thanks!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 7th, '05, 13:32

innocentrules wrote:Hey there..does beautiful life has subs for it??? Thanks!
There one that are located on JTV fansub bittorent are plus hq files since the vid source were DVDs

http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/index.h ... =beautiful
http://jtv.kikuchiyo.net/index.php?showforum=7 <<--- seed requests go here
http://www.jtv-drama.org/ <<--- if you don't know the group. :lol

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 7th, '05, 15:53

Kamui, your sig is teasing me again..... :P

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 7th, '05, 19:01

aNToK wrote:Kamui, your sig is teasing me again..... :P
Sorry :P I made a sig from the night I went to a party which the theme was "Pimps"

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 7th, '05, 19:07

Kamui6 wrote:
aNToK wrote:Kamui, your sig is teasing me again..... :P
Sorry :P I made a sig from the night I went to a party which the theme was "Pimps"
Ah, now if you were only my ho..... j/k

I used to be a pimp. When I was younger. And single. At least I thought I was..... :P

If anyone catches the word "fishnet" popping up in the woli subs, you know why!!

innocentrules

Post by innocentrules » Jun 11th, '05, 05:22

hi there! Can i ask where do u usually dl beautiful life vids? Thru bit torrent? I'm using clubbox and it's extremely slow. Only 6 kb and it doesn't move at all. Sigh can any kind soul out there help me? thanks!

finalan

best ever drama ...

Post by finalan » Aug 29th, '05, 14:59

i just finished watching beautiful LIfe for 3rd round.
this drama never fail to make me cry..
the scriptwriter for this drama really did a great job..
also the soundtrack...
and not to forget..the strength of this drama....TAkuya Kimura and takako Tokiwa...

i just finished watching Engine...
Takuya & the kids (also others) really awesome..as usual...

DataSpy

Post by DataSpy » Feb 21st, '06, 03:34

I thought this was a pretty good drama and not great because I didn't enjoy the beginning that much. It started off kinda slow for me, the middle kinda pissed me off, but the ending was awesome! I'll say this I've seen seven jdramas now and I've never cried, the last ep of this one almost made me cry (I probably could of if I didn't hold in the tears). So I wouldn't say this is the best drama I've seen but I would recommend watching it.

cmge

Post by cmge » Mar 4th, '06, 09:14

i finally got around watching it after d/l it a few months ago... and i really liked this drama... during the first few eps both kimura and takako's character annoyed me a bit... but it got better later on.... Takako's smile is sooo cute :wub: ... i teared up in the last few eps but not enough to make the dam overflow...

im really impressed at Kitagawa Eriko's writing abilities... watching Orange Days, Long Vacation and Beautiful Life.... all 3 are in my list of must see doramas

hisa

Post by hisa » Mar 13th, '06, 04:01

mmm..I think my opinion after watching is probably influenced by the fact that I had already seen some fo kimura's other dramas and also i had seen summer snow which...had a somewhat similiar ending (don't want to spoil for those who haven't seen it)
It was a pretty good drama...but not that great in my opinion mainly because it kind of annoyed me seeing kimura acting the same kind of role AGAIN. I think it's probably a bad idea to watch more than one drama of his in a row.
Also the fact that the the female lead just had to die . It was inevitable. It was sad...and the ending was touching and meaningful. But I guess the fact that she had to die to prove the point of the drama just bothers me.

Other than that I did like it. I just hesitated for a while to finish the last 2 episodes becuase I already knew what was going to happen.

Oh, I loved how TMR acted in this! I didn't know he was also an actor...does anyone know if he's been in other dramas?

hisa

Post by hisa » Mar 13th, '06, 04:05

im really impressed at Kitagawa Eriko's writing abilities... watching Orange Days, Long Vacation and Beautiful Life.... all 3 are in my list of must see doramas
ooo~ I didn't know those were all done by the same writer? Wow..she's good. I loved Long Vacation! Really good drama...but Orange Days, man. My favorite drama of all time. There's just something about it that just strikes home. I can really relate to the characters in it.
do you know if she's working on any new drama storylines?

uezurii

This is one of the greats...

Post by uezurii » Aug 4th, '06, 10:36

Oh man, I just love this one. The chemistry between Tokiwa Takako and Kimura Takuya was just great! This was life altering for me (wish I could still vote :) ). Tokiwa REALLY carries the show. And Kimura - you'll fall in love with her yourself, I swear.

I finished this, like many others here, very late at night (5:30 AM). That's because I couldn't stop watching. I don't want to talk too much about the good things with this drama because I'm a little worried about spoilers.

There were a few complaints -
The sudden narrative dialogue at the end of episodes gave too much away.
The impatient, comedy loving drama-watcher (such as my girlfriend) finds it too slow. My girlfriend said that only the beginning and end of the episode kept her going, and she just wanted to fast forward the middle. But I liked it and finished it from episode 5 without her.

Otherwise, this one really keeps you hooked. I thought that I was invincible to crying at TV shows, but even the happy endings of some episodes made me at least a little teary...

airskape

Re: This is one of the greats...

Post by airskape » Aug 5th, '06, 04:39

uezurii wrote:Oh man, I just love this one. The chemistry between Tokiwa Takako and Kimura Takuya was just great! This was life altering for me (wish I could still vote :) ). Tokiwa REALLY carries the show. And Kimura - you'll fall in love with her yourself, I swear.
eh..i think you got their names mixed up :lol
takako is the girl and takuya is the guy :P

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 6th, '06, 04:34

i really liked it. it seems the same as summer snow. its starts a bit slow then i think it went really fast at the ending. another keeper.

hkgirl

Post by hkgirl » Aug 21st, '06, 00:23

It was ok but I don't quite see how it was life altering. I know there are people with disablities and that they fall in love with people without disabilities and the two have relationships etc. To be honest it was kind of boring and predictable, you could just see where it was going from the first episode. It was enjoyable but it wasn't really that great. I think it is just the impact of having a heroine with a disability that makes people say it is so great.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 11th, '06, 04:05

Tonight i finally finished beautiful life dorama with takuya kimura ...

I thought it was one of the best dorama i watched so far...

it brought me in tears......

i mean this is rare from a 21 yr old guy ....:S...

but the touching story was just too much...

the last episode is a suicide for sensible heart

i would like to get your feedback on this serie & share:P

my best part was when Kyoko-san: she is lying down & closes her eyes & said like this for ever & ever (to shuji..)

Jodarfett

Post by Jodarfett » Sep 11th, '06, 04:27

It's been a while since I watched this dorama, but after I did, I felt like a different person which is why I thought it was life-altering. I never once thought about handicapped people's lives and although some people here thought the series was predictable, slow, and only interesting because the lead female actress is in a wheelchair, for people like me who never considered the difficulties of having a relationship with a person who was handicapped, I thought it was a life-altering series. I think Kitagawa Eriko set out to paint a picture that maybe some people out there haven't seen before, and if people already have seen that picture, then more power to them, but I think she touched me in a way that I would not have otherwise been touched. I have actually seen Summer Snow and Long Vacation, but I haven't had the chance to d/l Orange Days, but I think that the characters in Beautiful Life were more compelling. As much as I loved Dohmoto Tsuyoshi and Hirosue Ryoko in Summer Snow, I thought that Takuya Kimura and Takako Tokiwa's combination worked better. This series was the first series that I cried to which has led me to cry to much more series which I have seen, the most recent being Jyoou no Kyoushitsu. The scene at the very end with Takuya Kimura and Takako Tokiwa in the room and Kimura tending to Tokiwa, I was in full blown streaming tears. That scene hit hard because I felt as though I was Kimura's character and imagined myself doing what he did, and seeing Kimura act out that scene brought me to tears. So, overall, I thought this series was superb at showing the lives of real people and the struggles they must go through to find each other.

FUUCHAN

Post by FUUCHAN » Oct 6th, '06, 00:22

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I WANNA THE SUB FOR THIS DRAMA I DOWLOAD IT BUT I CAN'T FINED ANY SUB FOR IT :goggle: :goggle: :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Oct 7th, '06, 04:34

http://jtv-drama.net/
they have it on their tracker hardsubbed

FUUCHAN

Post by FUUCHAN » Oct 10th, '06, 14:21

hi

thanxx about the site but i can't find the sub i just found the the eps???

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 10th, '06, 14:46

FUUCHAN wrote:hi

thanxx about the site but i can't find the sub i just found the the eps???
Hardsubbed ... you know... it means the subs are burned in the video ( but don't worry, it's not dangerous for your computer), you don't need to add anything. :lol
uezurii wrote:Tokiwa REALLY carries the show.
yes, she improved a lot since " Aishiteiru to ittekure." :whistling: honestly, most of the time, she's not a good actress, but in this one, she' s great.

FUUCHAN

Post by FUUCHAN » Oct 10th, '06, 16:10

20centuryboy

Hardsubbed ... you know... it means the subs are burned in the video ( but don't worry, it's not dangerous for your computer), you don't need to add anything
hii......but i want sub onley cuz i dounload a raw video soo i wanna to add the sub to undrestand it>>> :scratch:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 10th, '06, 16:23

no softsubs for this drama. :)
it's hardsubs or nothing.

SimOnOsELF

Post by SimOnOsELF » Oct 20th, '06, 19:08

hey,, do anyone know what the BL theme song other than B'z - Konya..(bla2)..
the one which played at episode 6,, during the scene where takuya n tokiko in the fun fair...
rply if someone know it ok?? thx :-)

thislove

Post by thislove » Jan 19th, '07, 03:29

I just finished this drama like three days ago and it was so beautiful but sad. I was taken by the two main actor/actress. The drama made me cried so much especially the ending when Shuji was preparing her body.=( Very good drama, I voted life altering because it is.

zitosan

Post by zitosan » Jan 29th, '07, 10:54

PLEASE....
Does anyone know the name of the song and who is the singer in the begining of Episode 1?
Tks soo much...help me....

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Apr 29th, '07, 17:08

sorry to bring back and old thread, but I finally finished watching this dorama; ok I'm very far behind with some of these doramas :P....

It's a nice slow pace love story, but then again "when is love ever become an haste or a rush rush thru business.... it has a few mild touching moments that touched your heart and mind....the girl determination to live life to the fullest as can be, also her weak moments too :-)....you can associate that with real life at times....

I think the message is "Life is beautiful and make the most best out of it as you can" :-)....

neofire

Post by neofire » Apr 30th, '07, 01:12

[quote]I think the message is "Life is beautiful and make the most best out of it as you can" :-)....[/quote]

I agree with that, and love this drama!!!!

mimmi

Post by mimmi » May 4th, '07, 15:08

neofire wrote:
I think the message is "Life is beautiful and make the most best out of it as you can" :-)....
I agree with that, and love this drama!!!!
Off Topic: Glad you agreed....that's actually one of my real motto in life, some of my friends think I'm crazy for usually saying that :lol....

Sono

Post by Sono » May 5th, '07, 08:44

simply ...THE BEST !

macross

Post by macross » Oct 16th, '07, 08:50

Anyone know what's the name of the backgroudn music played here ???

it's not on the OST or anything, I actualy heard it playing in bestbuy one day hehe.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Feb 4th, '08, 03:45

I totally love this drama I voted for life altering it is simply one of the best drama ever been made.

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Jul 10th, '09, 07:46

The OST on Imeem:

http://www.imeem.com/people/nKs0gS/play ... -playlist/

I must be the very last person on earth to have seen this drama, lol (just finished it last night!), and I'm currently listening to the OST and trying hard not to :cry: .

So. Anyone remember which scenes in Beautiful Life had the instrumental track Thousand Sky (Skies?) (by Hajime Mizoguchi) as the BGM? The music breaks my heart every time I listen to it (and I've been listening to it nonstop for the last, oh, 3 hours I think), but I don't want to go back and re-watch the drama just to find that track... at least, not yet. Emotions still a bit... too raw right now. :alcoholic:

If anyone can help me out, appreciate it. :-)

macross

Post by macross » Jul 15th, '09, 21:17

Someone posted on another thread tha he found the name of the music, "on silver wings"

http://www2.playkpmmusic.com/pages/view ... cdnum=1556

You can't d/l it, but you can listen to it at least. Just scroll down a little and look for 'on silver wings" and hit the play button.

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Jul 16th, '09, 00:15

^ Amazing track! Yeah, I knew there was something missing from the OST, wonderful as it is. Thanks mucho, macross! :cheers:

Dammit, I'm tearing up again, lol. :cry:

How apt, that the album containing this track is entitled "Glorious World." Ties in with the theme of the drama rather... beautifully, doesn't it? I'm totally listening to the rest of the CD! Thanks again, macross.

Simone Weil said it best (to paraphrase her):
"Only two things can pierce the human heart: beauty, and affliction."

macross

Post by macross » Jul 16th, '09, 04:49

Yeah, it's been years since I've seen this lol, and I posted in many sites asking if anyone knew the name of that particular song, but no one ever knew. Then like last month out of the blue someone here posted they found it in the other thread, so i googled it and found that.

Sadly I don't think you can buy that glorious world cd, but you can get some apps to steal it from the stream ehehehe.

I was sad too when I d/l the OST and that track wasn't in there, even though they played it so much hehe.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 16th, '09, 05:22

Over 5 years and countless dramas later, and this is still my favorite!

Now if someone could just dig up some subbed versions of most of Tokiwa Takako's earlier dramas. She has a ton of stuff that's never shown up subbed (at least here and everywhere I know to look.)

Great show.

p sparks

Beautiful Life dorama - song in the very beginning episode 1

Post by p sparks » Nov 11th, '09, 00:11

Hi everyone,

I have desperately tried to find the song that is played in the beginning of episode 1 of the J-dorama - Beautiful Life with Kimura Takuya.

I mean the song where he is on his motorcycle. it's in english...
goes like..."everything's cool and now i'm starting anew..."

does anyone know it?

Thanks!

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Aug 3rd, '11, 22:03

Sorry to bring an old thread, but seems like everyone is trying to find a particular track that is not in the ost and i happen to be one of them :p

If anyone can identify the track in this clip: http://www.mediafire.com/?c423ydtes9af6id (From episode 9)
You can hear it clearly at the end. It sounds classical.

Been searching for it since forever. I just can't find it anywhere in the internet :(

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Sep 30th, '11, 00:03

Hey I literally just finished this drama after having abit of a 3 day stretch watching it.

I didn't shed a tear or thought much of this at all... to be honest I thought it was abit crap and one of the worse dramas I've seen.

A 5/10, it's like I didn't feel any chemistry or believability in the two leads. Why does Kimura's character even like her at all? She's constantly bitchy, talking down at herself and thinking low of other people, and with no redeeming qualities whatsoever besides being pretty? She actually doesn't do anything worth a damn to be likeable or inspiring except compiling her favourite hairstyles booklet for him. The rest of the time, she's stalkerific, in your face negative, snidey, bore.

Also what was up with Kimura slapping a girl in the second episode?

The show heavily tries so hard to make you cry and in the end I feel it's a manipulative mess.

I didn't believe anything she or Kimura were dong. If her character wasn't pretty - then there's really nothing for her.

I really like alot of dramas and I've shed some tears for stuff like Boku No Aruku Michi, Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikuru Michi, Gakko Ja Oshierarenai, Jin, heck Hero, etc, but this is not one of them.