Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Eddycted

Post by Eddycted » Mar 2nd, '08, 22:50

Matthaios: I just finished Byakuyakou yesterday, and I must say that drama is awesome!
Last edited by Eddycted on Mar 2nd, '20, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 3rd, '08, 00:29

Keiko1981 wrote:Looking for more suggestions of human dramas Kono yo no Hate and Koukou Kyoushi 1993/2003

Here's a list of what I've seen:
http://moonchild1981.blogspot.com/
kawaiimomo wrote:can someone recommend me a drama with a great twist!? i just LOVE twists! they are the best! :-)

btw i've already seen One million stars fallling from the sky, Sleeping Forest
Bara no nai Hanaya seems fit for both these recommendation request. But the drama is yet to finish broadcasting..up to ep7 at the moment and its full of twists, human drama type feel!!

nyxed

Post by nyxed » Mar 3rd, '08, 03:00

Okay, this is a sort of weird recommendation request, so bear with me ;D

I have a degree in Japanese, which means nothing except that I studied the language for four years and am now failing miserably to keep up with my studies. I like to watch raw drama to keep myself from getting too rusty, but I need things that are relatively easy to understand (for example: no yakuza, no weird dialect stuff, etc). Does anyone know a drama that's fairly easy to understand? Right now I'm watching Shiawase ni Naritai, and it's almost perfect for my purposes. There's one guy who mumbles a lot, which sucks, and I don't know a lot of drama-business specific vocab, but I can understand pretty much everything else. XD I tried watching Yama Onna Kabe Onna in raw, and didn't understand it at all. Too much slang, and I didn't get the jokes T__T I've already watched 1 Rittoru no Namida, Orange Days, and Beautiful Life--all of which probably would've been perfect, though I watched with subtitles. XD

If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated! Alternately, if *you* are studying Japanese and don't want something too hard, I highly recommend Shiawase ni Naritai XD

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Mar 3rd, '08, 05:05

Tethur wrote:Finished Nodame yesterday absolutely loved it. I must say I rather enjoy these quirky drama's though I don't mind straight up dramas. I would love to hear your other recommendations.
I have tons of drama recommendations. As far as comedies go, I'd suggest...
Nobuta wo Produce
GTO
Gokusen
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

For something serious...
1 litre of tears / Ichi ritoru no namida
Iryu - Team Medical Dragon
Unfair
Byakuyakou

Romance
Orange Days
Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu
Hana Yori Dango
Proposal Daisakusen

I have other recommendations and other categories too, but I thought the list was getting a little long. =P If you have more specifics that you are looking for just let me know.
Eddycted wrote:Matthaios: I just finished Byakuyakou yesterday, and I must say that drama is awesome!
I'm really happy to hear that you liked it. It's not really a drama for everyone. Its pretty twisted, but if you can get in to it, it is really good. You should try checking out Unfair next to if you haven't seen it already. Doesn't have the as much suspense, but its worth watching. Let me know if you are looking for anything else in other genres too.

hyukou

Post by hyukou » Mar 3rd, '08, 08:58

@nyxed: I also studied Japanese about 10 years ago, and now I want to watch the raw drama so that I can't forget what I learned. I watched Orange Days and Beautiful Life and can mostly understand what they say. I'm currently watching Bara no nai Hayana, and so far it's quite easy. Here are some of the Jdrama that I've watched in raw to renew my Japanese: With Love, Hanayome wa 16 sai, Oishii Proposal, and Summer Snow.

jyori

Post by jyori » Mar 8th, '08, 02:15

i got really bored yesterday and was looking for a drama to watch here. i didnt really read through all the comments or anything. i just saw "Byakuyakou" and said, 'ok ill watch that!' and OMG i just finished! its so great! i love it! XD my eyes are still kinda puffy too LOL

wtjy1380

Post by wtjy1380 » Mar 8th, '08, 10:12

i'm not as experienced as all of you as I just started watching dorama not too long ago. And i'm HOOKED.
It's been an express train since...
till now, where i'm stuck on what to watch next. XD

Any recommendations for the school-type genre?
I've watched:
My Boss My Hero
Dragonzakura
GTO
Gokusen 1 and 2

Any similar recommendations? A plus would comedy in it as well =]
Thanks a lot in advance?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 8th, '08, 11:19

jyori wrote:i got really bored yesterday and was looking for a drama to watch here. i didnt really read through all the comments or anything. i just saw "Byakuyakou" and said, 'ok ill watch that!' and OMG i just finished! its so great! i love it! XD my eyes are still kinda puffy too LOL
I have began to watch it a litttle. It looks good so far.
Almost done with Kinpachi Sensei (Season 6)

Akidon

Post by Akidon » Mar 8th, '08, 22:41

wtjy1380 wrote:i'm not as experienced as all of you as I just started watching dorama not too long ago. And i'm HOOKED.

I've watched:
My Boss My Hero
Dragonzakura
GTO
Gokusen 1 and 2

Thanks a lot in advance?
Maybe "Nobuta wo Produce" and "Gachibaka".

wtjy1380

Post by wtjy1380 » Mar 9th, '08, 14:23

Akidon wrote:
wtjy1380 wrote:i'm not as experienced as all of you as I just started watching dorama not too long ago. And i'm HOOKED.

I've watched:
My Boss My Hero
Dragonzakura
GTO
Gokusen 1 and 2

Thanks a lot in advance?
Maybe "Nobuta wo Produce" and "Gachibaka".
woot! thanks so much ^^
"nobuta wo produce" 's rating is quite high, and the synopsis looks quite interesting. I'll check it out! Gachibaka looks interesting as well-
Any more? xD

cyberdude

Post by cyberdude » Mar 9th, '08, 16:56

I need advise about "Dream Again"
Is it good?
Anyone who watched it, please let me know...
(I hope I'm posting in the right place (newee))

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Mar 11th, '08, 14:58

Dream Again is good for post above.

Really enjoyed Shiroi Kyoto recently, Iryu series 1 and 2 follow a close 2nd for medical dramas.

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Mar 12th, '08, 07:32

Oh boy, I just finished Galileo last week and am now totally smitten with the character of Yukawa-sensei (what can I say, Fukuyama Masaharu looks good in a labcoat). This series is definitely going in my Top 10. It took me a few eps to warm up to it (I really wanted the detective to be more skeptical of the supernatural claims), but by the second half I loved it. I hope to god they make a sequel.
wtjy1380 wrote:Any recommendations for the school-type genre?
I've watched:
My Boss My Hero
Dragonzakura
GTO
Gokusen 1 and 2

Can I recommend the first Waterboys series? I don't know if it's really a "school-type" drama, as most of the action does not take place in the classroom, but it does revolve around a group of highschoolers. And I definitely second the rec for Nobuta wo Produce. That's one of the series that got me addicted to dramas in the first place.

And if you liked My Boss My Hero, might I plug Tiger & Dragon and Ikebukuro West Gate Park (IWGP), both starring Nagase Tomoya (as does MBMH)? The man is hilarious.

wtjy1380

Post by wtjy1380 » Mar 12th, '08, 09:13

poonk wrote:Oh boy, I just finished Galileo last week and am now totally smitten with the character of Yukawa-sensei (what can I say, Fukuyama Masaharu looks good in a labcoat). This series is definitely going in my Top 10. It took me a few eps to warm up to it (I really wanted the detective to be more skeptical of the supernatural claims), but by the second half I loved it. I hope to god they make a sequel.
wtjy1380 wrote:Any recommendations for the school-type genre?
I've watched:
My Boss My Hero
Dragonzakura
GTO
Gokusen 1 and 2

Can I recommend the first Waterboys series? I don't know if it's really a "school-type" drama, as most of the action does not take place in the classroom, but it does revolve around a group of highschoolers. And I definitely second the rec for Nobuta wo Produce. That's one of the series that got me addicted to dramas in the first place.

And if you liked My Boss My Hero, might I plug Tiger & Dragon and Ikebukuro West Gate Park (IWGP), both starring Nagase Tomoya (as does MBMH)? The man is hilarious.
^^ yay, more recommendations!
Thanks a lot, i'll check them out as well. Looks interesting...
:cheers:

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Mar 14th, '08, 00:59

Could someoine recommend me a good (preferably: really, really good) romance show? I prefer comedy mixed in... if anyone can think of anything.

I'm currently finishing up Orange Days, and the only other straight romance I've seen was Last Christmas. All of the others--stuff like Kekkon Dekinai Otoko--were more comedies than romances, I think. Like Satorare, Egao no Housoku, etc.

vampirehunter-d

Hachimitsu to Clover

Post by vampirehunter-d » Mar 14th, '08, 04:00

Has anyone seen any episodes of 'Hachimitsu to Clover'. Nakatsu from ' Hanazakari no kimitachi e ' is in it so I thought there may be a few fans out there.

hikaru_11

Post by hikaru_11 » Mar 16th, '08, 09:54

fifimimi wrote:
kawaiimomo wrote:can someone recommend me a drama with a great twist!? i just LOVE twists! they are the best! :-)

Bara no nai Hanaya seems fit for both these recommendation request. But the drama is yet to finish broadcasting..up to ep7 at the moment and its full of twists, human drama type feel!!
try karei-naru ichizoku. it's a really good drama. it's a human drama but a really addicting human drama. plus kimutaku is in it XD try it anyhow :)
poonk wrote:And if you liked My Boss My Hero, might I plug Tiger & Dragon and Ikebukuro West Gate Park (IWGP), both starring Nagase Tomoya (as does MBMH)? The man is hilarious.
Utahime is another very good nagase tomoya drama! :D not really a comedy but still a MUST!

i'm out of dramas to watch atm. any recommendations for a good romantic comedy? :D

Akidon

Post by Akidon » Mar 16th, '08, 22:03

I need a crime drama like Unfair or SP. Anyone know anything good?

groink

Post by groink » Mar 16th, '08, 22:10

Akidon wrote:I need a crime drama like Unfair or SP. Anyone know anything good?
Lots of them out there... Unfortunately at D-Addicts, the pickings are limited. I would look into:

- Galileo
- Aibo (although no subs)
- Onna to Ai to Mystery
- Furuhata Ninzaburo
- Fugoh Keiji
- Keiji Ichiro (I actually liked this one)
- Kasouken no Onna

--- groink

Akidon

Post by Akidon » Mar 16th, '08, 22:14

Wow.... Ive actually seen galileo, and i loved it. If you was to pick one what would it be?

groink

Post by groink » Mar 16th, '08, 22:20

Akidon wrote:Wow.... Ive actually seen galileo, and i loved it. If you was to pick one what would it be?
My choice would normally be Furuhata Ninzaburo. But looking through the D-A tracker, there aren't any with English subs. My next choice would be Kasouken no Onna (Investigator Mariko on the D-A tracker), but right now all the seasons have no seeds. Same problem with Onna to Ai to Mystery! So I think you're "stuck" with Keiji Ichiro - as there's currently one seed for all but three of the episodes.

When it comes to keiji/deka/mystery shows, they have a very lousy shelf life on D-Addicts. :(

--- groink

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Mar 17th, '08, 01:23

I would say try Joshi deka which is partially subbed from last season.

Also, I would try Odoru Daisousasen. It's one of the best police dramas out there. The characters and performances are great and very funny too. Although it's not a mystery / detective drama if that's what you're more inclined to watch.

The complete series is subbed and usually has seeders.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 17th, '08, 03:45

^ The other series I'd strongly suggest is Koori no Sekai (Ice World). It was fairly recently subbed and has seeders for the batch torrent.

zeox

Post by zeox » Mar 17th, '08, 15:27

Are there any of the currently airing dramas that are worth watching besides Honey and Clover?
I'm waiting for the Proposal Daisakusen SP and some other series that are scheduled for May-April.

oh, and hey Akidon! nice to see you here :P

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Mar 17th, '08, 21:32

zeox wrote:Are there any of the currently airing dramas that are worth watching besides Honey and Clover?
I'm liking bara no nai hanaya. Only thing I'm watching right now thats current. How's honey and clover? I might have to check that out.

zeox

Post by zeox » Mar 17th, '08, 21:36

Matthaios wrote:
zeox wrote:Are there any of the currently airing dramas that are worth watching besides Honey and Clover?
I'm liking bara no nai hanaya. Only thing I'm watching right now thats current. How's honey and clover? I might have to check that out.
surprisingly good actually. Ikuta Toma does a great job. Atleast worth checking out, if nothing else :)

undyingshadow

Post by undyingshadow » Mar 19th, '08, 07:01

looking for a drama similar to Orange Days. Something sweet and touching.

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Mar 19th, '08, 17:06

undyingshadow wrote:looking for a drama similar to Orange Days. Something sweet and touching.

Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu
Proposal Daisakusen
Beautiful Life
Boku Dake no Madonna

Not in any particular order.

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Mar 19th, '08, 20:01

Koshonin - The Negotiator AWESOME!

Zohariel

Post by Zohariel » Mar 20th, '08, 20:58

Hello Minna-san,

After watching Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, I've always wanted to watch something very similar... does anyone have any recommendations? Or any romance Jdramas that are REALLY good? Thanks a lot!

Zohariel

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Mar 21st, '08, 04:26

Zohariel wrote:After watching Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, I've always wanted to watch something very similar... does anyone have any recommendations? Or any romance Jdramas that are REALLY good? Thanks a lot!
Orange Days
Proposal Daisakusen
Nobuta wo Produce

zeox

Post by zeox » Mar 21st, '08, 14:04

Zohariel wrote:Hello Minna-san,

After watching Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, I've always wanted to watch something very similar... does anyone have any recommendations? Or any romance Jdramas that are REALLY good? Thanks a lot!

Zohariel
Well, I really loved First Kiss. the first episode is somewhat dull, but it ramps up as it goes on. you should check it out :)

Punjarisafari

Post by Punjarisafari » Mar 22nd, '08, 08:00

Well out of all the dramas I've seen the best would be. (In no particular order)

- Hana Yori Dango (1 and 2)

- Nodame Cantable (and the 2 specials set in France)

- Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi (actually just got done watching that today)

- Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

- Dragon Zakura

- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (was alright actually... not too amazing)

- Densha Otoko

- My boss, my Hero (absolutely hilarious first episode LOL, btw Yakuza)

And thats all that I can think of for now...

aphroditesings

Post by aphroditesings » Mar 22nd, '08, 16:28

i haven't seen a lot of jdramas yet so here are the ones i enjoyed watching:

Gokusen 1 and 2 - c'mon! it was like the funniest series ever! and i can't wait for Gokusen 3! woot!!!

1 Liter of Tears - you will cry watching this drama. the most touching series i've watched.

Hana Kimi - i just finished watching it yesterday and it's the best one i've seen! so funny! i was always rooting for Nakatsu! haha. funny guy!

okay dramas:

Starwberry on the Shortcake - it was a bit draggy but i thought it was very well made. it has a very interesting plot and twist!

Orange Days - a good drama. i commend it for having a very unique plot! =)

anyways, does anyone know any good romantic-comedy dramas? since i'm a BIG FAN of Hana Kimi, i was hoping to see something of that kind too. any recommendations? thanks!!!

draco

Post by draco » Mar 24th, '08, 07:58

you might wanna try TRICK, season 1 is the best out of the 3.. but try watch them all..
I finish them in 3 days.. lol.. it's so addictive, nakama yukie and hiroshi abe is the best!! :P

Yagami87

Romance with a mix of comedy

Post by Yagami87 » Mar 24th, '08, 21:40

I just started getting into Jdramas not too long ago. I'd say about a week ago and now I'm really hooked. As of right now, I'm currently looking for dramas along the lines of 'Boku Dake no Madonna'. If anyone could recommend me a drama close to the drama I stated above that'll be great.
Thank you so much! :D

SkriK

Post by SkriK » Mar 26th, '08, 01:35

If it isn't too much to ask, anyone got suggestions for comedies? I've seen some and run out. Thanks in advance.

aphroditesings

Post by aphroditesings » Mar 26th, '08, 04:47

SkriK wrote:If it isn't too much to ask, anyone got suggestions for comedies? I've seen some and run out. Thanks in advance.
what comedies have you watched already?

here are some comedies i've watched that i think you'll enjoy too:
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (the best comedy i've seen!)
Gokusen 1 and 2
Attension Please
I'm in the middle of watching Nodame Cantabile and it's really funny too. omg, nodame cracks me up! :lol

some of the one's i've started watching that looks promising too are My Boss My Hero (though the actor Tegoshi Yuya really disturbs me. he looks like a girl! no offense to his fans...) and Proposal Daisakusen (the story pace is a little slow but it seems ok...)

and if you want to try korean comedies too, watch My Name is Kim Sam Soon and My Girl. Those 2 are really funny too!

hope i helped! :-)

nina4ever

Post by nina4ever » Mar 26th, '08, 04:59

honey and clover is really nice. it has a very pleasant feel to it.

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Mar 26th, '08, 05:12

i'd recommend 2 hiroshi abe drama's: at home dad & kekkon dekinai otoko. also the drama hotaru no hikari is really funny too. enjoy........

SkriK

Post by SkriK » Mar 26th, '08, 09:49

OOOoooo! Thank you!
I've seen Nodame, Gokusen, My boss and Proposal Daisakusen. Will definately check the rest out. Thanks again.

philh

Post by philh » Mar 27th, '08, 03:44

Hello everyone. :lol Newbie here. I would like to ask for recommendations too.
Comedy is my kind of Jdrama, especially Shimokita Glory Days. Would people please
recommend similar shows to me. Hopefully something very similar. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also recommend romantic comedies too. Hopefully those that are available in D addicts.
An example would be: My sassy girl, which will be adapted to a Japanese version soon.
Last edited by philh on Mar 28th, '08, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

Tsunayoshi

Post by Tsunayoshi » Mar 27th, '08, 07:52

So i'm fairly new to jdramas. Actually, I've only seen one. I saw Stand Up!! and absolutely loved it. Can anyone recommend me something with maybe the same kind of message or at least the theme of friendship? I'm new to this and i wanna try other types out, but Stand Up!! was just a really good show for me and i'd like to see something similar.

Thanks for reading.

aphroditesings

Post by aphroditesings » Mar 27th, '08, 16:49

Tsunayoshi wrote:So i'm fairly new to jdramas. Actually, I've only seen one. I saw Stand Up!! and absolutely loved it. Can anyone recommend me something with maybe the same kind of message or at least the theme of friendship? I'm new to this and i wanna try other types out, but Stand Up!! was just a really good show for me and i'd like to see something similar.

Thanks for reading.
i have been dying to watch stand up! but i don't know where to watch it! do have a link? mysoju and crunchyroll do not work for me, i dunno why.

anyways, if you're an oguri shun or yamapi fan, you should try watching Hana Kimi (again and again, i will say that this is my fave comedy jdorama!) and Proposal Daisakusen. but i think Stand Up! is more in line with Hana Kimi's wit.

now i've finished Nodame Cantabile and i fell in love with nodame!!! she's just so funny! any other recommendations like that? or something like hana kimi? i'm a sucker for comedies!!! i've tried watching my boss my hero but the young guy there bugs me so i stopped watching it. hehe. please help!

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 27th, '08, 17:13

aphroditesings wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:So i'm fairly new to jdramas. Actually, I've only seen one. I saw Stand Up!! and absolutely loved it. Can anyone recommend me something with maybe the same kind of message or at least the theme of friendship? I'm new to this and i wanna try other types out, but Stand Up!! was just a really good show for me and i'd like to see something similar.

Thanks for reading.
i have been dying to watch stand up! but i don't know where to watch it! do have a link? mysoju and crunchyroll do not work for me, i dunno why.
Stand Up!! can be downloaded from this site, if you're interested: http://silentregrets.com/

If you're looking for online stream, I'm pretty sure Veoh would have it.

sungie

Post by sungie » Mar 27th, '08, 17:29

I only have four series when it comes to 'must watch':
- Kisarazu Cat's Eye
- Liar Game
- Galileo
- Kurosagi

But I also recommend drama SPs "Sukoshi Wa Ongaeshi Ga Dekitakana" and "Marathon" - both starring Kazunari Ninomiya.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Mar 28th, '08, 02:46

now i've finished Nodame Cantabile and i fell in love with nodame!!! she's just so funny! any other recommendations like that? or something like hana kimi? i'm a sucker for comedies!!! i've tried watching my boss my hero but the young guy there bugs me so i stopped watching it. hehe. please help!
have you seen hotaru no hikari? it's the closest comedy i can think of that's comparable to nodame. :lol [/quote]

erooka

crime/mystery jdrama!

Post by erooka » Mar 28th, '08, 19:43

please help!

currently searching for a new crime/mystery jdrama to watch!
looking for series similar to the ones i have already watch, and those series include:
Liar Game, Kurosagi, Tantei Gakuen Q, Trick, Galileo, and Remote!

HELP! please and thank you! XD

reaker850327

Post by reaker850327 » Mar 28th, '08, 19:54

As for me, these are the dramas that I've watched so far... :wub: will indicate the drama that I enjoyed the most and recommend it to anyone :mrgreen:

Romance-Comedy
~ Nodame Cantabile :wub:
~ 1 Pound Gospel
~ Itazura na Kiss :wub:
~ Hotaru no Hikari
~ Hanazakari no kimi tachi e :wub:
~ Beauty or Beast (Bijo ka Yajuu) :wub:

Romance
~ Orange Days :wub:
~ Majo No Jouken :wub:
~ Boku Dake No Madonna :wub:
~ First Kiss
~ Cheap Love
~ Proposal Daisakusen
~ Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
~ Anego :wub:
~ Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2 :wub:
~ Kimi wa Petto :wub:
~ Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey & Clover) :wub:
~ Star No Koi :wub:
~ Long Vacation :wub:

School
~ Gachibaka :wub:
~ Gokusen 1 & 2 :wub:
~ Nobuta wo Produce
~ My Boss My Hero :wub:
~ Yukan Club :wub:
~ GTO :wub:

Mystery
~ One Million Stars Falling From the Sky :wub:
~ A Sleeping Forest
~ Galileo :wub:
~ Jigoku Shoujo :wub:
~ DxD

Comedy
~ Akihabara@deep
~ Antique :wub:
~ Tiger & Dragon :wub:
~ Hanayome wa Yakudoshi :wub:
~ Papa to Musume no Nanokakan :wub:
~ Boku to Kanojo Mo xxx :wub:

Food
~ Lunch Queen :wub:
~ My Little Chef
~ Sushi Oji

Family Drama
~ Yan Papa :wub:

Action + Thriller
~ SP (Security Police) :wub:
~ Liar Game :wub:

Carier-based drama
~ Good Luck :wub:
~ Bambino :wub:
~ Engine :wub:
~ Hero :wub:
~ Dream Again :wub:
~ Pride :wub:

any suggestion on what dorama i should watch next?!any genre will be ok except for the one that need crying..if possible,i'll avoid that since i easily cry :lol thanks in advance :salut:

marspeach

Re: crime/mystery jdrama!

Post by marspeach » Mar 28th, '08, 22:42

erooka wrote:please help!

looking for series similar to the ones i have already watch, and those series include:

The Conan specials, the three Kindaichi series, Jikou Keisatsu 1-2, Kuitan 1-2, Unfair, Odoru Daisousasen, Koshonin, Joshi Deka.

joykimlee

Re: crime/mystery jdrama!

Post by joykimlee » Mar 28th, '08, 23:09

erooka wrote:please help!

U've watched some good ones. The following are also highly recommended:
1) Psychometrer Eiji
2) Hero
3) Unfair
4) Koshonin
5) Koori no Sekai

Tsunayoshi

Post by Tsunayoshi » Apr 1st, '08, 17:10

Well, since my post on page 103 I've watched quite a few shows and I've determined that I would like to watch more comedy. I'm currently in the middle of Dragon Zakura and I love it, but I don't have any backups(Hana Kimi is downloading).

So for future referance can anyone recommend me a good list of comedy jdramas? If its school its a plus too.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 1st, '08, 18:35

Tsunayoshi wrote:Well, since my post on page 103 I've watched quite a few shows and I've determined that I would like to watch more comedy. I'm currently in the middle of Dragon Zakura and I love it, but I don't have any backups(Hana Kimi is downloading).

So for future referance can anyone recommend me a good list of comedy jdramas? If its school its a plus too.
Good comedy jdramas:
1) Nodame Cantabile
2) Hotaru no Hikari
3) Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
4) Satorare
5) Mukodono 1&2

Good school jdramas:
1) Gokusen 1&2
2) Hana Yori Dango 1&2
3) Nobuta wo Produce
4) Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
5) Yamada Taro Monogatari

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Apr 4th, '08, 09:45

i think "attention please" is really cool :D

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Apr 4th, '08, 14:30

I'm really into "unique" J-Drama comedys like "Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Jikou Keisatsu, IWGP, Tiger & Dragon". These are really surprising, unpredictable and funny J-Dramas. Are there any other J-Dramas that fit in this category? I had enough of this school dramas or melodrama romances and looking for something I can really laugh like these series I mentioned here.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Apr 4th, '08, 21:11

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I'm really into "unique" J-Drama comedys like "Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Jikou Keisatsu, IWGP, Tiger & Dragon". These are really surprising, unpredictable and funny J-Dramas. Are there any other J-Dramas that fit in this category? I had enough of this school dramas or melodrama romances and looking for something I can really laugh like these series I mentioned here.
I'd say Trick.

imissjpn

recommended new jdramas?

Post by imissjpn » Apr 5th, '08, 03:40

i haven't been keeping up with jdramas lately since i have been so busy. but now i have the time to watch some more jdramas :D what are some good jdramas that u would recommend that came out during late fall to now?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 5th, '08, 03:50

I would probably recommend Bara no nai hanaya for winter 2008 season. For fall season I would probably say Galileo though it gets repetitive at times. Or Iryu 2. But I liked Iryu 1 better.

You can check out the ratings here
http://dramanews.net/20074.html (fall 2007)
http://dramanews.net/20081.html (winter 2008)

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Apr 5th, '08, 05:11

For the Fall season, I recommend Utahime. It didn't get good ratings, but I thought it was a really good drama.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Apr 5th, '08, 06:37

I just finished watching Bara no nai hanaya! omg, it is so unpredictable, touching, all around good drama! keeps you on your toes the whole time.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Apr 5th, '08, 11:29

I watched the first season of Trick and stopped in the middle of the second, it was getting boring. :cry:

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Apr 5th, '08, 14:49

imissjpn wrote:i haven't been keeping up with jdramas lately since i have been so busy. but now i have the time to watch some more jdramas :D what are some good jdramas that u would recommend that came out during late fall to now?
I second GoddessCarlie.
without fangurl bias, i can definitely say that Utahime is a very well-written love story..
something that you rarely see nowadays..

and i guess, for something different.. SP (Security Police)?
Last edited by morai_naki on Apr 6th, '08, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

joykimlee

Re: recommended new jdramas?

Post by joykimlee » Apr 6th, '08, 06:12

imissjpn wrote:i haven't been keeping up with jdramas lately since i have been so busy. but now i have the time to watch some more jdramas :D what are some good jdramas that u would recommend that came out during late fall to now?
My fav 2008 winter season jdrama:
1) Daisuki (11.5)
2) Koshonin (13.5)
3) Bara no nai hanaya (18.6)

My fav 2007 fall season jdrama:
1) Galileo (22.0)
2) Hataraki man (12.1)
3) Yukan club (12.63)

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Apr 6th, '08, 11:45

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I'm really into "unique" J-Drama comedys like "Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Jikou Keisatsu, IWGP, Tiger & Dragon". These are really surprising, unpredictable and funny J-Dramas. Are there any other J-Dramas that fit in this category? I had enough of this school dramas or melodrama romances and looking for something I can really laugh like these series I mentioned here.
wow.. 3/4 of those doramas are written by Kudo Kankuro..
Hnn.. why not try his other works?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kudo_Kankuro

Rajuuken

Post by Rajuuken » Apr 12th, '08, 14:25

If you're looking for a sad but beautiful drama like One Litre of Tears . "Ame to yume no ato ni" is a, not well known but, excellent drama

zeox

Post by zeox » Apr 12th, '08, 14:40

One Litre of Tears was way too sad for me to watch. I just couldn't finish it :cry:

JelloMeg

Sad Japanese Dramas

Post by JelloMeg » Apr 16th, '08, 00:46

I've seen a lot of sad Chinese and Korean dramas, but I haven't seen any sad Japanese ones. Are there any really good ones that I should watch?

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 16th, '08, 01:13

Beautiful Life is a sad jdorama but I'm glad that I watched it because it gave the meaning of love despite physical difficulties. :cry: :cry: :cry:

karei naru ichizoku is also a sad jdorama. Wealth, power, politics.
:cry:
1 litre of tears is also :cry: :cry: :cry:

BebePeng

Post by BebePeng » Apr 16th, '08, 02:42

yeah i have to agree that "1 litre of tears" is a really good sad Japaneses drama...

"Unfair" is pretty sad.... lots of twists and turns.. but more of a mystery drama

um but yeah... i cant think of any others off the top of my head but there are quite a few

amazin100

Post by amazin100 » Apr 16th, '08, 03:17

one litre of tears was definitely sad. :-( Another sad one will be Summer snow. but they are both great dramas.

AiaNP

Post by AiaNP » Apr 16th, '08, 03:21

Karei-naru Ichizoku is an amazing (yet quite sad) drama. You wouldn't expect it.

athena_hannah

Post by athena_hannah » Apr 16th, '08, 03:27

japan drama is the only drama that made me cry a lot when i watched. They are sad but really meaningful. that's the only reason make me keep watching sad drama. 1 litre of tears, yuuki, lost time life, itoshi kimi e, Kimi ga Kureta Natsu, beautiful life, Daisuki, midnight sun journey, Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu, Taiyou no uta..... i dont know if u can consider 14 sai no haha as sad drama or not. ><

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Apr 16th, '08, 20:06

1 Litre of Tears is a sad drama. It have a very good meaning also.

yatrasocuv

Post by yatrasocuv » Apr 17th, '08, 02:49

oh my god...."1 liter of tears"- if you dont call that sad...then....there is something w... with you....hic...hic

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Apr 17th, '08, 03:21

Sekachuu~