Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 5th, '08, 04:46

Well then just ignore the poll and say whats your favorite drama, geeze who woulda thought this poll would stop ppl from saying what their favorite drama is and why...

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Aug 5th, '08, 05:47

The problem I see is that there's already this thread for favorite dramas:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10409.htm

Maybe this thread should be merged.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 5th, '08, 13:46

Kazuya_ wrote:The problem I see is that there's already this thread for favorite dramas:

Not surprised that there's a similar thread... Time for a moderator to step in.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 5th, '08, 19:58

bmwracer wrote:
Kazuya_ wrote:The problem I see is that there's already this thread for favorite dramas:

Not surprised that there's a similar thread... Time for a moderator to step in.
Oh whatever, what you said earlier had nothing to do with this point and it was thanks to Kazuya that I realized this that there was a similar thread up and he has been way more helpful to get me to see this and merge so stop being an idiot and stfu, godamn your annoying

cuteangelika

Re: Thanks

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 5th, '08, 22:24

togu68 wrote:
Has Kimutaku even been in a drama with a Japanese title? (Change, Engine, Pride, Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, etc...) Don't need to answer, but feels like it right?

Just answering this question, yup, he has been in karei naru ichizoku which had the english title "Great Family". Great drama too..

Masamune

Post by Masamune » Aug 8th, '08, 18:33

Hey guys...finally found a good Jdrama website..
I love jdrama..
Can anyone recommend me a nice jdrama..
I like comedy but romance also can..
And i like high school life jdrama..
I've seen My Boss,My Hero,Hana Yori Dango,Haruka 17,one litre of tears..kurosagi..
I haven't watch much
So pls help ya..

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 8th, '08, 20:43

Masamune wrote:Hey guys...finally found a good Jdrama website..
I love jdrama..
Can anyone recommend me a nice jdrama..
I like comedy but romance also can..
And i like high school life jdrama..
I've seen My Boss,My Hero,Hana Yori Dango,Haruka 17,one litre of tears..kurosagi..
I haven't watch much
So pls help ya..
There's quite a few ^.^
Byakuyakou
Jikou Keisatsu
Dream Again
Gakko ja Oshierarenai!
Seito Shokun
14 Sai no haha
Hakusen Nagashi
Maou
Rookies
Warui Yatsura
First Love
Kimi Hannin ja nai yo ne
Watashitachi no Kyokasho
Tsubasa no oreta tenshitachi
JyoounoKyoushits
Shigeshoshi
Ashita no kita yoshio
Iryu
Iryu 2
Anego
Security Police
Liar Game
Gokusen season 1-3

I watched them all and like most of them especially Byakuyakou, warui yatsura, iryu season 1 and 2, and SP

Masamune

Post by Masamune » Aug 9th, '08, 02:50

Ok..thx..
But you know actually i just love comedies...haha
I downloading kekkon dekinai otoko now..
Just finish watching change..
I just like this type of jdrama..

Miyuko17

Post by Miyuko17 » Aug 10th, '08, 12:46

Hey guys, I'm looking for something to watch again, cuz I'm totally bored right now and I don't want to watch something that is just waisting my time.
I would like to watch something funny and romantic (but not too cheesy. and for god's sake no love triangles...and no hana yori dango as I am one of those rare people who don't think it's that good. xD ) also it would be great if I could learn something out of the drama. here are some I watched and really liked:

Nodame Cantabile
Hanazakari no kimitachi e (jversion hana kimi)
Nobuta wo Produce
1 litre of tears
Last friends
Seito Shokun!
GTO
Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi

Some I didn't enjoy, thought were only ok or stopped in the middle of the series:
Hana yori dango (pls don't kill me for this. xD )
Gokusen

Any help appreciated. ^.~

PS: I already searched through the thread but couldn't find something that fits my description so you guys are kinda like my trump card. xD

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Aug 10th, '08, 17:36

Maybe you could try

Stand up!
14 Sai no Haha (Shida Mirai is one of my favourites ^^)
Seigi no Mikata (still airing, it's _really_funny)
Sexy Voice and Robo
Tiger & Dragon (more subtile humour but i laughed a lot ^^)
Hito ni Yasashiku (can't help but I love Katori Shingo :) )
Bara no Nai Hanaya (don't know if it's maybe "too cheesy" for you?)
Gokusen Season 1
1 Pound Gospel (It really stereotype but the charas make this drama funny and definitely worth watching .. imo)
Osen (I personally LOVE this one although many think it's too slow)

And if you also watch films, don't miss "Hula Girls" !! Aoi Yuu = :heart:

aoi00

Post by aoi00 » Aug 11th, '08, 13:29

hi every1! m new here...
jz hope sm1 can enlghten me w/ wt rly hpened @ the ending of strawberry on the shortcake...
i mean how did it rly end?coz wen i watched in on line i got confused coz episodes 9 & 10 were the same as the earlier episodes???
wt hapend???? m confused :unsure: :scratch:

the part where yui was abt to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance w/ manato after they were rescued from the snowy mountain, was that ending???

pls help...m a confused soul here... hehe :unsure:

tnx in advance :-)

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Aug 12th, '08, 08:31

aoi00 wrote:jz hope sm1 can enlghten me w/ wt rly hpened @ the ending of strawberry on the shortcake...
i haven't watched the drama yet, but maybe you can find it out or you can ask about it here.. :roll

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Aug 14th, '08, 03:12

Miyuko17 wrote:Hey guys, I'm looking for something to watch again, cuz I'm totally bored right now and I don't want to watch something that is just waisting my time.
I would like to watch something funny and romantic (but not too cheesy. and for god's sake no love triangles...and no hana yori dango as I am one of those rare people who don't think it's that good. xD ) also it would be great if I could learn something out of the drama. here are some I watched and really liked:

Nodame Cantabile
Nobuta wo Produce
1 litre of tears
Last friends
Seito Shokun!
GTO

Some I didn't enjoy, thought were only ok or stopped in the middle of the series:
Gokusen

PS: I already searched through the thread but couldn't find something that fits my description so you guys are kinda like my trump card. xD
How about Proposal Daisakusen? i think it's fairly nice, albeit they keep on dragging it, but overall, i think it's fairly a good drama

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 14th, '08, 03:32

Miyuko17 wrote:Hey guys, I'm looking for something to watch again, cuz I'm totally bored right now and I don't want to watch something that is just waisting my time.

Nodame Cantabile
Nobuta wo Produce
1 litre of tears
Last friends
Seito Shokun!
GTO

Gokusen

hmmm.. i think ORANGE DAYS would suit your taste. (you seem to have a penchant for School setting dramas and life oriented ones) the synopsis to the drama is a bit vague in wiki but you should try watching a few of the episodes before passing judgment. ^_^v

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 14th, '08, 20:00

kikurazz wrote:
How about Proposal Daisakusen? i think it's fairly nice, albeit they keep on dragging it, but overall, i think it's fairly a good drama

I think ProDai is very based around the whole Ken/Rei/Tada love triangle and Kenzo's angst over it though, so that kinda goes against the whole "no love triangles" part of the request.

Hmmm... I'll try to make ones with no triangle or at least very unobtrusive or funny triangles...

Rookies (a little cheesey superteaching, but a great series.)
Hotaru no Hikari (funny and cute, and I didn't pull my hair out over the "triangle".)
Tiger and Dragon (more towards comedy and family, some romance, and you learn something.)
Shikaotoko Awoniyoshi (it's got some neat Japanese folklore and cute comedy/romance.)
Sexy Voice and Robo (definitely worth checking out)
Ashita no Kita Yoshio (human drama with mystery, comedy, and some romance.)
Ushi ni Negai wo (students, slice of life, learning, a little romance... some current issues)

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Aug 15th, '08, 00:17

I would like to watch something funny and romantic (but not too cheesy. and for god's sake no love triangles...and no hana yori dango as I am one of those rare people who don't think it's that good. xD ) also it would be great if I could learn something out of the drama.
maybe you should try Bara no nai Hanaya. it's a GREAT drama, no love triangle.. :lol
you could learn a lot from the drama, and it was a hit for this year's winter season! :thumleft:

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Aug 15th, '08, 04:01

Masamune wrote:Ok..thx..
But you know actually i just love comedies...haha
I downloading kekkon dekinai otoko now..
Just finish watching change..
I just like this type of jdrama..
You might want to check out Mukodono 2003 ^^ I'm loving it, and it's a really comedic and fun romance/family drama. The main character has a "secret identity" that everything revolves around and chaos ensues :lol

3liminator

Post by 3liminator » Aug 15th, '08, 04:10

anyone know any good sad dramas from the 90's?

yap_tll

Post by yap_tll » Aug 15th, '08, 17:25

nice post!

mahepa

Dorama for an older Fan : )

Post by mahepa » Aug 16th, '08, 09:55

Let say i am an older fan..
My first dorama was Tokyo love story...I love it so much, esp. the ending...not so typical
Then I watched Asunaro hakuso, Just The way You are, Anything for you, itazura na kiss and many more that i cant even remember the title

I also love Long Vacation (very fresh!) , and not so perfect love (where can i get the torrent of this drama? I love it so much!), Engine and a bit of good luck(but i dont like pride, too cheesy)

Currently, I watch several doramas, Hana Yori Dango and Nodame ..and after watching this two, I almost gave up watching dorama)..I dont like them at all..so i would never even try to watch Hana Kimi!

But, fortunately, there are Kekkon dekinani otoko....I like it so much..so much!! Indeed, my fave current dorama!! I also like change (excluding stupid episode 5)..I like the different theme they brought, though i think it could have better if they made it in more serious tone!
Bara No Hanaya (??) is also all right for me (I just dont like yuko takeuchi!)

Knowing what i like and dislike, please suggest me doramas to watch..

Thanks

Semaru

Re: Dorama for an older Fan : )

Post by Semaru » Aug 16th, '08, 16:54

mahepa wrote:
But, fortunately, there are Kekkon dekinani otoko....I like it so much..so much!! Indeed, my fave current dorama!! I also like change (excluding stupid episode 5)..I like the different theme they brought, though i think it could have better if they made it in more serious tone!

Thanks
hmm, I would suggest Egao no Hosoku...but that also has Yuko Takeuchi.. :unsure:

but you might try Hana ikusa, and Dr. Koto's Clinic...I was also pleasantly surprised by Zettai Kareshi...didn't think I'd like that one at all, but it was ok :D

Measural

Post by Measural » Aug 18th, '08, 00:56

I'm new to Jdrama and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions from 1 of 2 criterias.

1. I just finished watching Boku dake no Madonna and I was wondering are there any dramas where the interactions between like from this show Kyouichi/Shizue branch into something more romantic.

2. Also if possible could someone give me a few suggestions on any Jdramas that have a love triangle between a guy and two girls? I ask this because going back to Boku dake no Madonna I really enjoyed the jealous parts in it.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Aug 18th, '08, 14:43

An all time favourite is "Nodame Cantabile" .. a nice romantic/comedy/music mix, ingenius! *___*

thinking of one guy - 2 girls stories "Ikebukuro West Gate Park" comes to my mind. crime/humandrama/romance but also comedy...somehow ^^
Also "Attention Please" (but the story focuses on the girl's attempt to become a stewardess)

"Kimi wa Petto" (to be exact it's a two guys-two girls story) but here the story reminds me a bit of boku dake no madonna (i find it much better than bdnm though)

Nice romances are imo:
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Bara no Nai Hanaya
Hitoni Yasashiku / 3 peace
Orange Days
1 Pound Gospel
Kurosagi (1 guy-2 girls)
Proposal Daisakusen
Slow Dance is nice too

the classics are.
Last Christmas
Long Vacation
(and I also liked "Love Generation" a lot)

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 18th, '08, 15:04

mahepa wrote:Let say i am an older fan..
My first dorama was Tokyo love story...I love it so much, esp. the ending...not so typical
Then I watched Asunaro hakuso, Just The way You are, Anything for you, itazura na kiss and many more that i cant even remember the title

I also love Long Vacation (very fresh!) , and not so perfect love (where can i get the torrent of this drama? I love it so much!), Engine and a bit of good luck(but i dont like pride, too cheesy)

Currently, I watch several doramas, Hana Yori Dango and Nodame ..and after watching this two, I almost gave up watching dorama)..I dont like them at all..so i would never even try to watch Hana Kimi!

Thanks

You could try:

Koi ga Shitai
Ai wa Douda
Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Last Christmas

TTpride11

Post by TTpride11 » Aug 18th, '08, 21:15

Nodame Cantabile
Nobuta wo Produce
1 litre of tears
Last friends
Seito Shokun!
GTO

Gokusen

I was kinda like that when I first started watching Jdramas, I was pretty selective. While my boredom has caused me to open up alot more to different types of Jdramas, I still have to agree that Gokusen I & II weren't that great, I had to force myself to watch those because I was bored & the cast is pro. ^^;; HYD did get me into the Jdrama scene though. I really think it's hard not to like this selection.
Kurosagi -- Starring YamaPi & Horikita Maki (from Nobuta wo Produce). It's about swindling, it was really good to me.
Proposal Daisakusen -- This one was really good, but maybe abit to much love triangle / romance for your tastes if you dislike HYD. I'd really suggest giving it a try though if you're bored.
Code Blue -- Still airing in Japan, but I'm really loving this one. Starring YamaPi a serious hopstial / emergency type drama so far.
Ace wo Nerae -- This kinda opened me up to Ueto Aya's dramas, like Attention Please & Hotelier (Jversion) were decent. A serious type tennis drama, with romance of course.

Of course you may notice most of the above dramas have YamaP in them, but i'm not like a die-fan of his, I am towards Maki though. I love her dramas, like HanaKimi, SeitoShokun, I even watched Teppan Shoujo Akane, it definetly wasn't pro, but it was worth the watch for me.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Aug 19th, '08, 21:18

mahepa wrote:Let say i am an older fan..

Thanks
Maybe you could try "Tiger & Dragon".
It has a very subtle humour but I think the way they told a funny and refreshing story but handling serious topics nevertheless and mixing it with Rakugo made this Dorama really good.

"Kimi ga oshietekureta koto" is also a very sweet and good Dorama, imo.

Maybe also "Yasashii Jikan" (it gives this homy, sweet feeling.. but since it takes place around christmas is probably not the ideal drama for summer :mrgreen: )

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 20th, '08, 13:05

Wow the first page of this forum gave me the names of some really really good dramas i think everyone should check them out too if you haven't, especially kamisama mou sukoshi dake, GTO and IWGP

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Aug 20th, '08, 13:59

biniBningPunkista wrote:

Nodame Cantabile
Nobuta wo Produce
1 litre of tears
Last friends
Seito Shokun!
GTO

Gokusen

hmmm.. i think ORANGE DAYS would suit your taste. (you seem to have a penchant for School setting dramas and life oriented ones) the synopsis to the drama is a bit vague in wiki but you should try watching a few of the episodes before passing judgment. ^_^v
Same here. I'll definitely recommend ORANGE DAYS. It's brilliant! The best romantic drama so far. And same with you, Miyuko17, I'm also one of those rare who don't think HYD was good. XD

Oh, and don't forget to watch DENSHA OTOKO [ This is so much more brilliant too. It's more to comedy side] and so HOTARU NO HIKARI

wilster

Something different

Post by wilster » Aug 22nd, '08, 10:10

Hi,

I'm looking for something a little different from the usual School/Police/Wacky Romantic Comedy/Tear Jerker type dramas.

The sort of shows I'm thinking about are:

Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Muri na Renai
Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi

I'm after something with some sophistication, with good dialogue, and that is well plotted and paced throughout the entire series, with realistic, well developed characters who you care about, played by people who can act and not the latest pretty boys or idols.

Subject matter doesn't really matter, anything from comedy to dark and twisted. I'm not particularly interested in "issue of the week" or overly melodramatic shows and I'll like to avoid anything with with too much overacting or slapstick.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Lindsey

Post by Lindsey » Aug 23rd, '08, 08:15

Wilster - Have you tried 14 Sai no Haha. it's about a 14 year old getting pregnant. It's realistic, it does not have the basic guy drama and the characters are really sophisticated. You really feel the sadness and pain they go through. (First episode is slightly cheesy to be warned but by episode 3-4 its like MUST WATCH)

Also Taiyo no Uta is about a girl who has a disease called XP and how she has a wonderful voice. Okay it is a tear jerker but is really amazing. Played by the Erika who played in 1 litre of tears.

mahepa

for wilster

Post by mahepa » Aug 23rd, '08, 11:19

seems like we have similar interest...no tearjerker, no latest artificial pretty boys, no stupid and unrealistic plots

I suggest you Kekkon dekinai Otoko..Hope you enjoy as I do...
Also Bara Noi Hanaya (hope I write it correctly)..I must confess that i dont like the-take-a-revenge-theme..yet the relation between daddy and his daughter is so sweet
Also you may try Around 40..it's a bit slow...

Hope you enjoy!

Hey, it'll be great if you also suggest me something..Thanks

jollyroger

Post by jollyroger » Aug 23rd, '08, 16:24

Hi!
Was wondering if anyone could recommend any good romance dramas! Preferably with relatively happy endings (i.e. at least the main girl and guy get together)
Some that I've watched and liked:
- Hana Yori Dango I and II
- Hana Kimi
- Hotaru no Hikari
- Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
- One Pound Gospel
- Pride
- Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi
- Nodame Cantabile

Those that didn't really manage to hold my attention:
- Proposal daisakusen

Hope someone can suggest some dramas! Thanks!

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Aug 25th, '08, 04:40

If I were to recommend dramas that I watched, here would be a list. I'll try to split them into categories so you can choose similar dramas from the ones you liked. I liked all of these dramas but i'll put stars next to ones I loved and highly recommend.

More serious melodramatic -
14 Sai no Haha
Aishiteiru to Ittekure *
Beautiful Life
Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake
Koi ga Shitai x3
Last Friends
Majo no Jouken **

High school/College Idol Dramas (Mainly comedy with light romance) -
Ace wo Nerae! *
Attack No.1
Dragon Zakura
Great Teacher Onizuka
H2 *
Hachimitsu to Clover
Hana Yori Dango (Season 1,2)
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e *
Itazura na Kiss
Kanojo to no Tadashii Asobikata
My Boss My Hero
Nobuta wo Produce
Nodame Cantabile *
Proposal Daisakusen

Romance Type -
Bara no nai Hanaya
Hotaru no Hikari
Long Vacation
Orange Days
Strawberry On The Shortcake *
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
To Heart

Comedy -
Attention Please *
Himitsu no Hanazono
Mukodono 2003 *
Ryokiteki na Kanojo

Otaku type -
Akihabara@Deep
Hachi-One Diver
Tokkyu Tanaka San Go

Elementary school struggles -
Juken no Kamisama
Jyoou no Kyoushitsu *

Miscellaneous -
LIAR GAME
Jotei

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 25th, '08, 11:35

2nd house

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » Aug 26th, '08, 00:38

Niiiiice, i'll try "Attention Please".
Seems to be quite good :wink

vrykyli

Post by vrykyli » Aug 26th, '08, 06:34

Okay, after approx. one year silently sneaking in the shadows, finally got enough courage to register. Hopefully I don't make myself look too stupid in this first post, because this request of mine includes only one main feature - I'm trying to find, more or less desperately, a heart-warming story about blindness.

I just watched first episodes of drama "Bara no nai Hanaya", which looked pretty suitable according to the summary, but after finding out true state of heroine's eyesight, I almost had an heart attack due to frustration. Yes, I am still going to watch show till the end - in fact first episodes were really good and every drama with flowershop just can't be very bad, but it still missed what I had looked for - and thanks to this I decided turn to you. So if anyone with more experience could tell or just point out, are there any j/k/c/t-dramas mainly focused at hero or heroine with the loss of eyesight? Weird request indeed, maybe I truly am old sick man :lol , but nevertheless, I have always found something intriguing, pure and almost innocent about unability to see - and that's why I humbly request some aid regarding the matter. Kono Yo No Hate I found via search and it'll be naturally on my next-to-watch list, but I'm not very sure whether is it the show what I am searching for, mostly because its (alleged) dark undertone and blindness not being theme itself. So please, if you know some series falling in this kind of category, please help and guide me to the light.

And I truly wish my english being comprehensible enough - haven't used it too much since school days.

akikobugs

Post by akikobugs » Aug 26th, '08, 07:47

Thinking of Dramas that include loss of eyesight, I can only think of two at the moment. 1 is Ai Nante Irane Yo, Natsu. I've only seen the first two because I watched the DoReMii english hardsub version and the rest of the episodes haven't been released yet. The 2nd is Rolling Love, a Taiwanese drama, but I didn't like the series very much so I recommend it with some reservations. Hopefully that is of some help. And your English is great, so don't worry!

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Aug 26th, '08, 11:35

vrykyli wrote:Okay, after approx. one year silently sneaking in the shadows, finally got enough courage to register. Hopefully I don't make myself look too stupid in this first post, because this request of mine includes only one main feature - I'm trying to find, more or less desperately, a heart-warming story about blindness.

I just watched first episodes of drama "Bara no nai Hanaya", which looked pretty suitable according to the summary, but after finding out true state of heroine's eyesight, I almost had an heart attack due to frustration. Yes, I am still going to watch show till the end - in fact first episodes were really good and every drama with flowershop just can't be very bad, but it still missed what I had looked for - and thanks to this I decided turn to you. So if anyone with more experience could tell or just point out, are there any j/k/c/t-dramas mainly focused at hero or heroine with the loss of eyesight? Weird request indeed, maybe I truly am old sick man :lol , but nevertheless, I have always found something intriguing, pure and almost innocent about unability to see - and that's why I humbly request some aid regarding the matter. Kono Yo No Hate I found via search and it'll be naturally on my next-to-watch list, but I'm not very sure whether is it the show what I am searching for, mostly because its (alleged) dark undertone and blindness not being theme itself. So please, if you know some series falling in this kind of category, please help and guide me to the light.

And I truly wish my english being comprehensible enough - haven't used it too much since school days.
Itoshi Kimi e is about a guy losing his sight to a rare disease I can't spell. And it's not very dark or anything either.

tmjr2006

are there any dramas like this one??

Post by tmjr2006 » Aug 26th, '08, 11:40

i am curently watching a spanish drama called Querida Enemiga(Loved Enemy) and wondering if there is any J-K-or T drama that are almost close to this drama story wise??thanks

Lorena and Sara were raised together in an orphanage, and even though they have different personalities, they love each other as sisters. Lorena dreams of starting her own family and loves to cook. Sara is more materialistic; she has always hated the poverty of the orphanage, and she has more ambitions than scruples.

Lorena's greatest wish is to become a chef, and so, one day she says goodbye to the nuns who raised her and leaves to study cuisine in Mexico City. That same day, the Mother Superior discovers that Sara has stolen all the funds of the orphanage. When she confronts Sara, she suffers a heart attack and dies. Sara runs with her lover and accomplice Chalo, the driver of the orphanage. To erase all trace of her presence, she steals her file and Lorena's. When she reads them, she learns that she was found in the garbage dump, but Lorena was abandoned in the orphanage without explanation by her grandmother, the millionaire Hortensia Armendariz. Sara's first impulse is to find Lorena and help her confront her grandmother and demand her rights, but then she reconsiders her options and decides to usurp her place in the Armendariz gastronomic empire.

Totally unaware of this, Lorena finds work as a cook's aid in her grandmother's company. She also meets a young doctor called Alonso and they fall in love with each other. Sara has an unexpected reunion with Lorena in the company and the girl's constant presence infuriates her. Sara's mind betrays her and she is gradually overwhelmed by a desire to take everything away from Lorena, including Alonso, and get rid of her once and for all. When Lorena learns that Sara was abandoned by her grandmother, she cries for her friend and is filled with contempt for Hortensia. Meanwhile, Hortensia uses all her resources to avoid confronting the pain she has caused to everyone around her.

When Lorena discovers Sara's evil machinations against her, she realizes that she never truly knew the one she loves as a sister. But in spite of her broken heart, she will bravely face betrayal, deceit and cruelty. And she will find new hope hand in hand with someone she never expected to love her.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Aug 26th, '08, 11:48

For the moment, Maou. Period.

thoraine

Post by thoraine » Aug 28th, '08, 00:49

[REQUEST]

Plox! Been searching for quite some time for some new drama to watch!

Looking for : Comedy Drama (doesn't have to be pure comedy but MUST HAVE some in it lol)
Have watched:
Hana Yori Dango
Witch Yoo Hee
Coffee Prince
1% of anything
My Girl
Nodame Cantabile
Goong
Goong S
Gokusen 1 2 3
Evasive Inquiry Agency (MUST WATCH)
Full House

Please recommend only JDrama and KDrama lol.

If you are able to recommend me a drama I would sincerely appreciate it

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Aug 28th, '08, 01:10

thoraine wrote:[REQUEST]

Looking for : Comedy Drama (doesn't have to be pure comedy but MUST HAVE some in it lol)
Have watched:
Hana Yori Dango
Witch Yoo Hee
Coffee Prince
1% of anything
My Girl
Nodame Cantabile
Goong
Goong S
Gokusen 1 2 3
Full House

Two of my favorites maybe, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Haken no Hinkaku.

Aelif

Post by Aelif » Aug 28th, '08, 01:46

You should watch My Boss, My Hero, if you haven't already. Nagase's facial expressions alone had me in fits of giggles for a majority of each episode.

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » Aug 28th, '08, 13:45

Have watched:
Hana Yori Dango
Witch Yoo Hee
Coffee Prince
1% of anything
My Girl
Nodame Cantabile
Goong
Goong S
Gokusen 1 2 3
Full House

Can't believe you haven't watched GTO yet :blink I mean it's gotta be THE most popular Jdorama ever (#1 in Jdorama.com 's top 50)... Check it out :thumright:

thoraine

Post by thoraine » Aug 28th, '08, 21:34

Thanks for all the suggestions!
GTO = Great Teacher Onizuka? Lols. Watched the anime but not the drama(Didn't know it had any)

wilster

Thanks

Post by wilster » Aug 29th, '08, 23:49

mahepa wrote:seems like we have similar interest...no tearjerker, no latest artificial pretty boys, no stupid and unrealistic plots

I suggest you Kekkon dekinai Otoko..Hope you enjoy as I do...
Also Bara Noi Hanaya (hope I write it correctly)..I must confess that i dont like the-take-a-revenge-theme..yet the relation between daddy and his daughter is so sweet
Also you may try Around 40..it's a bit slow...

Hope you enjoy!

Hey, it'll be great if you also suggest me something..Thanks
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko has been on my "to watch" list for some time, so I've just watched the first couple of episodes, and it is exactly what I was looking for. Abe Hiroshi and Natsukawa Yui are both brilliant. Thanks.

If you liked the twisty nature of Bara no nai Hanaya's plot, I suggest Sleeping Forest and especially A Million Stars Falling From The Sky, which is one of the best dramas of any kind I've seen in a long time.

For something completely different, there is MPD Psycho which was directed by Takashi Miike, so unsurprisingly it is rather extreme and definitely not for everyone.

Does anybody else have any more recommendations for someone who really enjoyed

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Muri na Renai
Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi

Cheers.

rezo

Re: Thanks

Post by rezo » Aug 31st, '08, 15:58

wilster wrote: Does anybody else have any more recommendations for someone who really enjoyed

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Muri na Renai
Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi

Cheers.
The only one I haven't seen in that list is Muri na Renai, but I felt like the other three were carried by strong characterization. so I'd reccomend:

Suika

Yume no California: Same writer as Muri na Renai so I guess you may have already seen it if you follow his work.

Utahime

Yasashii Jikan(also: one of the writers also wrote Haikei Chichue-sama which is worth a recommendation.)

Hatsu Taiken

Suika's my favorite out of all of them. Yume no California is a thoughtful coming of age story. Yasashii Jikan is really mellowed out but with very solid writing. Haikei Chichue-sama but felt smiilar but with a more focused narrative about generational change. Uta Hime and Hatsu Taiken probably both fall under romantic comedy but are good enough for them to stand out, I think. If something has good characters in it then honestly I'll probably enjoy it no matter how poorly thought out the actual story is, but I tried to limit my picks to shows where I didn't have to do that and also weren't too goofy or weird.

wilster

Post by wilster » Sep 1st, '08, 22:56

rezo, many thanks for the recommendations. I already have some unwatched episodes of Utahime on my hard drive, so has been moved to the top of "to watch" list. I haven't heard of any of the others before and I'll definitely give them a go.

As for Muri na Renai I suggest you try it, but judging by the ratings I'm in the minority in liking this jdrama. It is a romantic comedy, and about growing older and learning to live for the future rather than dwelling on the past. It is very much a character driven rather than plot driven show. It has believable three dimensional characters coupled with strong writing and great acting. Only rarely does the plot feel forced (there is a bit too much reliance on coincidence), the humour is genuinely funny, never too over the top, and there is a real degree of subtlety about it. Natsukawa Yui is great in this, she is a fantastic actress, and is able to convey the many years of frustration with her dead-beat boyfriend with just a single look.

Also thanks to Lindsey for previous recommendations.

kmila

Post by kmila » Sep 3rd, '08, 00:32

I hope you can understand me, because my writing in english is very bad. but i´ll try my best :P

mmm recommend some dramas that I watched is a little bit hard, because I had liked almost all of them.... this is a list of all the series that I watched, and I´ll qualify from 1 to 10 (1=bad; 10= excelent).

Doramas

Yamada taro monogatari: (2007) -->8
Hanazakari no kimitachi e : (2007) -->10
Liar game: (2007)--> 10
Atención please: (2006)-->5
Gachibaka: (2006)--> 8
Akimahende: (1998)--> 4
Taiyou no kisetsu: (2002)--> 6
Byakuyakou: (2006) --> 7
Kisarazu cats eyes: (2002)--> 10
Water boys:(2003) --> 8
Bambino: (2007)--> 9
Kimi wa petto: (2003)-->10
Gokusen I: (2002) --> 10
Gokusen II: (2005) --> 8
Gokusen III : (2008) --> 9
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo III: (2001)-->6
Tokyo wankei -->7
Stand up: (2003) --> 10
Kurosagi: (2006) -->10
Great teacher Onizuka (1998)--> 8
Nobuta wo pruduce: (2005)-->10
Proposal daisakusen: (2007) -->10
Taiyou no uta: (2006) --> 8
Hai kei, chichiue sama: (2007)--> 6
One litre of tears --> 10 (HER I CRIED A LOT)
Hana yori dango I: (2005) -->10
Hana yori dango II: (2007) -->10
Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni: (2004)--> 6 (only because the ending was very bad)
Lunch no joou: (2002) -->7
Summer snow (2000) --> 10 (I cried a lor too)
A million falling stars -->6
Densha otoko (2005) -->7
First kiss -->8
Akihabara@deep -->7
Tantei gakuen Q -->7
Brother beat -->10
Yucan club -->7
Tatta hitotsu no koi--> 9
Gal circle -->7
Hero: (2001)-->6
Bokura no yuuki (1997)-->10
Daisuki!! --> 10 (again, I cried a lot)
H2- Kimi to itahibi- : (2005) -->10
Dragon zakura: (2005) --> 9
My boss my hero -->10
Ikebukuro West Gate Park –IWGP-: (2000)--> 8
Sapuri:-->9
Long love letter (2002)-->6
Fuma no kojiro -->8
Kiken no aneki-->8
Rh plus: -->7
Pride: (2001)--> 9
Kou kou kyoushi-->8
1 Pound gospel -->10
Hanayome wa yakudoshi-->10
Vampire host -->8
14 Sai no haha --> 10
Hiken no henkaku -->8
Seikei bijin --> 7
Bara no nai hayama -->7
Seito shokune --> 6
Zettai kareshi--> 10
Erai tokoro ni shimatta!--<8> 8
Engine: (2005)--> 7
Joshi deka! -->6
Life--> 7
Hachimitsu to kuroba-->8
Wraeru koi wa shitakunai! -->9:
Binbo danshi: (2008) -->10
Edison no haha -->10
sexy voice and robo--> 7
yoiko no mikata -->10 (I love sakurai sho =) )
chanche --> 1 (i did not liked , so i did not finish this drama)
ragatta--> 8
Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru --> 10

movies and SP

Kindaishi x2 --> both 6
honey and clover --> 10 (again ...i love sakurai sho)
Saikano--> 7
Boku wa imouto ni koisuru-- >10
Akihabara@deep-->3 (the actors are diferrent from the dorama)
Tantei gakuen Q--> 8
Kanojo to no tadashii asobikata -->8
200 Pound beautifull: (k movie)-->7
Yuuki: (2006) --> 10
Lovely complex-->10
Tokyo tower-->10
My little bride: -->9
Shounen wa tori ni natta: (2001)-->10
Kagen no tsuki--> 6
Moon child-->6
Pikanchi life is hard dakedo happy-->10 (i like a lot arashi =) )
Death note x2 --> both 10
Detective Connan live action special: (2006) --> 7
Close to you sarangni -->5 (too slow for my taste)
Kakure karakuri--> 7
Proposal daisakusen: (2008)-->7
IWGP Special -->7
Kiiroi namida -->10 (ARASHI YEEYY)
Cinderella ni naritai --<8>7
Kisaragi --> 8
Crows zero --> 10
Sensei wa erai -->7
Shimame no bengoshi-->6
Deru toko demasho!-->6
Furuhata chuugakusei-->6
Shukumei --> 6
Marathon: (2007)--> 10
Kerameshi--<6>8
sukoshi wa, onegaeshi ga dekitakane--> 10
"L" save the world -->10

Currently watching

yasuko to kenji --> 10 (so far)
maou--> 10 (so far)
Osen--> 7 (so far)
seigi no mikata -->7 (so far)
aikurushii--> 10 (so far)
code blue-->10 (so far)
rookies--> 10 (so far)
home drama-->10 (so far)
shibatora-->10 (so far)

Well, those with 10 I think are the best, but that's it my personal opinion, ... I hope to serve as references for someone, =)

greetings

abbass

J Drama listing (please help if you can)

Post by abbass » Sep 5th, '08, 06:20

Hi guys i'm in need of your help here. I'm trying to find any and all
supernatural
ghost stories
basically scary jdoramas like "one missed call"
even stuff like "Trick" will do it just needs to have that sort of scary situation
If you guys could list any such sort of Jdoramas you know of I'd really appreciate it

thanks for all your help

abbas

Oh I also apologize if i'm not suppose to put these requests in this section but i didn't know where else to post them

rezo

Post by rezo » Sep 6th, '08, 03:23

wilster wrote:rezo, many thanks for the recommendations. I already have some unwatched episodes of Utahime on my hard drive, so has been moved to the top of "to watch" list. I haven't heard of any of the others before and I'll definitely give them a go.

As for Muri na Renai I suggest you try it, but judging by the ratings I'm in the minority in liking this jdrama
It's the next show I'm going to watch. I usually wait them a few seasons after they aired so that I can watch them all at once. But Uta Hime had bad ratings too, and so did Ashita no Kita Yoshio, and if you go to the Suika site I there's a message from one of the creators talking about how they were taking a risk with the show and while the ratings mean they failed they're glad that there are fans who appreciate what they did. So I don't worry about ratings too much, I just follow with writers I like.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Sep 6th, '08, 06:01

I recommend Sigi no Mikata - totally funny.

li-yin

Post by li-yin » Sep 6th, '08, 18:16

Hello everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone can redcommend a romantic comedy for me?
Similar to:
Hana Kimi
Hotaru no Hikari
Nodame Cantabile
Zettai Kareshi
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi

Specifically a rom com with a constant love theme throughout but not heavy drama -
that it makes you feel depressed >o< , if you know what I mean hehe ^^
Thanks in advance ^o^

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Sep 6th, '08, 20:05

I REQUEST This

JMOVIE

WaT- My FAVORITE GIRL starring Teppei Koike AND Wentz Eiji
Rough - Starring HAYAMi MOcOMICHI
Live J SERIES
HATARAKI MAN LIVE SERIES Starring HAYAMI Mocomichi

COnCERT AND LIVE
WaT DVD LIVE TOUR HIBIYA YAON 2008

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Sep 6th, '08, 20:37

hazelkenro wrote:I REQUEST This
JMOVIE
WaT- My FAVORITE GIRL starring Teppei Koike AND Wentz Eiji
Rough - Starring HAYAMi MOcOMICHI

Live J SERIES
HATARAKI MAN LIVE SERIES Starring HAYAMI Mocomichi

COnCERT AND LIVE
WaT DVD LIVE TOUR HIBIYA YAON 2008
Movies aren't allowed on d-a..try a movie site

Hataraki Man is already uploaded...check the torrents section

Concerts aren't allowed on d-a either unless they have been aired on tv i believe. try jpopsuki

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Sep 6th, '08, 20:48

Thank you so much!!!!!I check it!!!

Yalichuda

Post by Yalichuda » Sep 6th, '08, 22:35

I have multiple request...

I am seaching for a drama similar to LIFE I really loved this drama. (Finished it in 2 days :blink ).

SithSylar

Post by SithSylar » Sep 7th, '08, 08:12

Please need help here. I really need a good show to watch. Currently i have seen and really loved:

Densha Otoko
Last Friends
Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
Hokaben
1 Litre of tears

I love Sad J Drama. That 1 litre of tears boy did i cry. So if anyone can suggest anything that would be awesome ^^ thanks so much in advance.

Kenedaa

Post by Kenedaa » Sep 7th, '08, 08:27

I can think about 2 J-drama which are about students being bullied:

- Watashitachi no Kyokasho
- Jyoou no Kyoushitsu

They are both quite different than Life but you could give it a try. In Watashitachi no Kyokasho, a lawyer makes investigations about a child who had been bullied and have to fight against the school. Jyoou no Kyoushitsu is about the fight between elementary kids and an evil teacher; in this drama the teacher is the one who bully the children.
According to me, both are great!

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Sep 8th, '08, 03:27

SithSylar wrote:Please need help here. I really need a good show to watch. Currently i have seen and really loved:

Densha Otoko
Last Friends
Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
Hokaben
1 Litre of tears

I love Sad J Drama. That 1 litre of tears boy did i cry. So if anyone can suggest anything that would be awesome ^^ thanks so much in advance.
Sekai no chuusin de, ai wo sakebu - guarantee tear jerker IMHO
with Yamada & Ayase Haruka

nozomi05

Post by nozomi05 » Sep 8th, '08, 12:34

I love watching:

Love Generation
Beautiful Life
Hero
A Millions Stars Fall from the Sky

The ones listed above starred Kimura Takuya's but I really loved him on these jdoramas

I also liked watching

Brother Beat
Hana Yori Dango (Love MatsuJun)
Stand Up
Nodame Cantabile
Nobuta wo Produce

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Sep 8th, '08, 13:12

Kenedaa wrote:I can think about 2 J-drama which are about students being bullied:

- Watashitachi no Kyokasho
- Jyoou no Kyoushitsu

They are both quite different than Life but you could give it a try. In Watashitachi no Kyokasho, a lawyer makes investigations about a child who had been bullied and have to fight against the school. Jyoou no Kyoushitsu is about the fight between elementary kids and an evil teacher; in this drama the teacher is the one who bully the children.
According to me, both are great!
Sounds brutal! o.O
Teacher bullied students?? XD
Thanks 4 info! ^^

Not_Priority

Post by Not_Priority » Sep 8th, '08, 22:19

student get bullied?? GTO then :D:D:D

Not_Priority

Post by Not_Priority » Sep 8th, '08, 22:23

btw.... right now i like to see Iryu 2 .

hohoho...Asada is reallyyy love to cutting people heart huhue....

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 8th, '08, 22:44

Hmm... I've been wondering are there any good dark/mystery, dark/romance etc dramas like IWGP, Warui yatsura, kamisama mou dake and ichi rittoru?

Kenedaa

Post by Kenedaa » Sep 9th, '08, 16:30

kuro570 wrote:Hmm... I've been wondering are there any good dark/mystery, dark/romance etc dramas like IWGP, Warui yatsura, kamisama mou dake and ichi rittoru?
You could try:

- J-drama: Byakuyako, Mahiru no Tsuki, Kono yo no Hate, Kou Kou Kyoushi

- K-drama: A Love to Kill, Sorry I Love You, Snow in August

cairo

Post by cairo » Sep 15th, '08, 18:57

hallo everybody, can anybody recommend me a sport or detective or action drama? i love these types of drama much

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Sep 16th, '08, 16:05

cairo wrote:hallo everybody, can anybody recommend me a sport or detective or action drama? i love these types of drama much
sport: Attack No1, ...
detective: Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, Detective Academy Q, Detective Conan, Galileo, Liar Game, ...

meirre

Post by meirre » Sep 17th, '08, 02:45

Best comedy drama : Seigi no Mikata (2008) !!!

anyone can recommend me comedy or comedy romance (2008)?

dst1

GTO, IWGP, Now what???

Post by dst1 » Sep 17th, '08, 04:24

I watched GTO and just finished IWGP and loved them, what next?

Name a series with high quality acting, directing, and story like the two above.

luketeheck

Post by luketeheck » Sep 18th, '08, 22:14

eyyyy
i finished "Stand Up!" yesterday, and i reeeallyyyyyy loved it!!!
can anybody tell me a good teen comedy jdrama???(or a school comedy =P)

byeee =D

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 19th, '08, 01:21

kikurazz wrote:
SithSylar wrote:Please need help here. I really need a good show to watch. Currently i have seen and really loved:

Densha Otoko
Last Friends
Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
Hokaben
1 Litre of tears

Sekai no chuusin de, ai wo sakebu - guarantee tear jerker IMHO
with Yamada & Ayase Haruka
I think Byakuyakou should be watched over Sekai no chuusin de, ai wo sakebu but if you watch sekai first you get to see how they did everything much better. Btw I love this forum, about the last 9 series I watched were mentioned here lol

selma

Post by selma » Sep 20th, '08, 10:24

I'm looking voor Jdrama wit comedy/Romance
I haven't seen a great drama with this genre. Please help me out

I've seen Nobuta wa produce
Cantabile
Hana kimi
Hana yori dango

darkliquids2

Post by darkliquids2 » Sep 20th, '08, 17:42

just saw 2 dramas

seigi no mikata-watchable but not so good/could have been better

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko-HIGHLY recommended.

spycrapperhbo

Post by spycrapperhbo » Sep 23rd, '08, 15:38

Hi, I'm looking for a good comedy drama for my holiday.. I'm looking something like Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.. I really like Abe Hiroshi's acting.. Is At Home Dad (Abe's) good? I can't find any review on the drama..
Thanks!