Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 3rd, '11, 06:51

No movie form for Hotaru no Hikari. I think you have to view the episodes there is no movie.

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 3rd, '11, 13:26

kingfisher13 wrote:Is it in movie form? I never really got into the full length TV series Jdramas... I always preferred the movie versions. The problem is they are so difficult to find. If it is in movie form, I should be able to find it with some english subs. Any other movies?
very interesting to meet someone who prefers J-movies over J-dramas ^^ since I'm kinda the exact opposite.
I guess you prefer something short and sweet as opposed to something long and winded?
I know dramas can seem to drag on forever, but the good ones really draw me in, and I get attached to the characters. and the good ones don't waste my time, they make my time feel well-spent ^^ like I'm learning something.
There's a reason we keep pushing Hotaru no Hikari on you ^^ like mom says, it's for your own good, lol...
You can watch it streaming on mysoju, even. That way you won't have to download it.
I wish I liked the contemporary romantic movies made by Japan, Korea, and Taiwan- but more often than not, I find them lacking in something compared to J-dramas.
one day when I get the time to learn some home editing, I might be able to share a movie-length version of home-edited "Nagareboshi" with ya.
^^

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 3rd, '11, 13:29

iluvasiandrama wrote:Yeah I know most are about some really rich guy and so poor girl. I take a break from jdrama and go to kdrama then I break from kdrama and go to jdrama. It's like a balancing act that works out great! I haven't seen any really good jdrama since Nodame and Hana Kimi Kimi wa Petto and the older ones. I couldn't get past the 2nd episode of Proposal Daisakusen I just got tired of "Hallelujah Chance!" every frive seconds. Ughh it just too annoying.

I'm going to watch the first episode of Nagareboshi since you mentioned it and see if it's any good ;)
nice! I like the idea of a balancing act ^^ very smart!
we gotta do what we gotta do!
looking forward to what you think of Nagareboshi!

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 3rd, '11, 13:33

bugs_3v wrote:
ehimedays wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:Well the newer dramas are getting better. I have been watching more kdrama lately because they seem to have a lot of funny one's to choose from that are not too kiddy like.
for a while, I actually preferred k-dramas.
that was during the golden years when full house, coffee prince, my name is kim sam soon, etc were rolling out from the hot k-drama oven.

but a really low point came when I tried very hard to get into "secret garden". FAIL. lol.

then I saw clearly, how k-dramas are still stuck in the "rich, spoiled guy" meets "poor, kind girl" storyline.
they have been stuck in that rut for years now.
and it's getting old.
with "Nagareboshi" I dived right back into the frequently brilliant world that is J-drama.
it's not really the fault of K-dramas. It's just that... J-dramas are too good. there's much more writing talent.
nice observation...i totally agree with you...lately ive been watching kdrama but dis past few months i got back to jdoramas because of nagareboshi....what a good drama...nice acting....i remember the first time i watch a jdrama it was titled forbidden love starring tackey and nanako....after that i didn't stop watching jdramas.....they are much better than korean dramas....
hey, thanks! and that's really cool- Nagareboshi saves the two of us J-drama fans, hehe.
Korean dramas have potential, some are amazing and refreshing, also such as "Queen of Housewives" and "Get Karl, Oh Soo Jung" (both written by the same screenwriter)
I guess I just have to sift through the bad ones ^^

kingfisher13

Post by kingfisher13 » Feb 3rd, '11, 13:47

Im checking out Hotaru no Hikari, but like I said, I don't much enjoy watching live action TV series. I always preferred anime for that genre. I know you prefer Jdramas, but if you could mention some J-movies that fit my description, that would be great. I don't know how to search for them, otherwise I would have a bunch already.
Thanks

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 3rd, '11, 15:37

kingfisher13 wrote:Im checking out Hotaru no Hikari, but like I said, I don't much enjoy watching live action TV series. I always preferred anime for that genre. I know you prefer Jdramas, but if you could mention some J-movies that fit my description, that would be great. I don't know how to search for them, otherwise I would have a bunch already.
Thanks

I wish I could help you more with J-movies, but I do my best to avoid them ^^
But I can point you to mysoju.com
It lists movies by country, and there is a section with Japanese movies. It could be right up your alley.
Hope that helps ^^

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 3rd, '11, 15:41

this is how you find J-movies on mysoju.com

go to mysoju.com
click on "drama/movie list" link on top of page
click on "japanese movie" link on left sidebar

now you can search by alphabetical, newest, or most popular order.
it's actually very well organized, unlike d-addicts which is more like a maze ^^

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 3rd, '11, 16:53

Me too. I don't watch Jmovies unless they are action-packed fight movies... swords and all.

geass21

Help

Post by geass21 » Feb 4th, '11, 16:09

hello ...
can someone help me wth recommended school comedy....?? "J-dorama"
or love comedy or something like that........
because i just started to watch J-dorama..

Thx in advance

iluvasiandrama

Re: Help

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 4th, '11, 23:11

geass21 wrote:hello ...

Thx in advance
Nodame Cantible
Hana Kimi
Orange Days
Nobuta wo Produce (I didn't care for it but lots of people luved it)

bugs_3v

Re: Help

Post by bugs_3v » Feb 5th, '11, 18:11

geass21 wrote:hello ...

Thx in advance
proposal daisakusen......romantic comedy scholol drama............

jaded_star

Post by jaded_star » Feb 6th, '11, 00:58

I love those "Bullied" jdoramas about the girl/boy being bully in school or work and they have to over come it. I love the dorama " LIFE" it just made me want to jump there the screen kick the bully girl ass anytime she came on screen.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 6th, '11, 01:58

jaded_star wrote:I love those "Bullied" jdoramas about the girl/boy being bully in school or work and they have to over come it. I love the dorama " LIFE" it just made me want to jump there the screen kick the bully girl ass anytime she came on screen.

lol! have you seen the Taiwan drama called "Meteor Garden"? the main actress gets bullied at school by a guy who ends up falling in love with her. even though I'm rolling my eyes at the storyline now, I really enjoyed watching it when it came out. I thought the actress's part was very well-written and very very well acted ^^

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 6th, '11, 02:26

jaded_star wrote:I love those "Bullied" jdoramas about the girl/boy being bully in school or work and they have to over come it. I love the dorama " LIFE" it just made me want to jump there the screen kick the bully girl ass anytime she came on screen.

I like those too but not the ones that take a long time for the person being bullied to overcome it. Nobuta wo produce is actually a good one I just didn't like that she didn't have a lover that's why I didn't like it but there are lots of funny parts and it was good.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 6th, '11, 02:36

ehimedays wrote:

lol! have you seen the Taiwan drama called "Meteor Garden"? the main actress gets bullied at school by a guy who ends up falling in love with her. even though I'm rolling my eyes at the storyline now, I really enjoyed watching it when it came out. I thought the actress's part was very well-written and very very well acted ^^
To Get Her was another TWdrama one where the main girl was being bullied. I would recommend that one too :D

Dwalin2011

Post by Dwalin2011 » Feb 6th, '11, 02:54

I am searching for a drama narrating some love story between two childhood friends. My problem is the relationship should be monogamous and with a happy ending, like it happens in some manga stories, but I couldn’t find it in Japanese dramas apart from "Churasan". Could anybody recommend me something?

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 6th, '11, 03:12

Naka nai to Kimeta Hi

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 6th, '11, 03:54

Dwalin2011 wrote:I am searching for a drama narrating some love story between two childhood friends. My problem is the relationship should be monogamous and with a happy ending, like it happens in some manga stories, but I couldn’t find it in Japanese dramas apart from "Churasan". Could anybody recommend me something?
Monogamous, as in there isn't any 3rd person in their love story? That's difficult XD

I'd recommend "Ichiban Taisetsu na Hito" starring Katori Shingo and Mizuki Arisa, TBS 1997. It's about childhood friends love story. Although it might not match up your requirement:
I won't say it's a sad ending, bcoz no one dies. But they decided to be friends forever in the end. (although they have slept together before, and all XD) So it's more of a bittersweet ending. Actually, they looked very happy, joking around together, in the last scene^^ Not sure what you mean with monogamous, but they were dating many other people along the story.

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 6th, '11, 04:26

Dwalin2011 wrote:I am searching for a drama narrating some love story between two childhood friends. My problem is the relationship should be monogamous and with a happy ending, like it happens in some manga stories, but I couldn’t find it in Japanese dramas apart from "Churasan". Could anybody recommend me something?
interesting. "Churasan" sounds interesting too. I have a question- what percentage of the drama should be about the childhood part? and, do you understand mandarin chinese by any chance? (I can think of one of my favorite dramas of all time, but it is un-subbed in english)

Dwalin2011

Post by Dwalin2011 » Feb 6th, '11, 04:36

ehimedays wrote: I have a question- what percentage of the drama should be about the childhood part?
Doesn't really matter. Even a small percentage will do.
and, do you understand mandarin chinese by any chance? (I can think of one of my favorite dramas of all time, but it is un-subbed in english)
I don't understand Chinese, but tell me the title anyway. Maybe I manage to find some fan-made subtitles or a translation in some language I understand.

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 6th, '11, 05:07

Dwalin2011 wrote:
ehimedays wrote: I have a question- what percentage of the drama should be about the childhood part?
Doesn't really matter. Even a small percentage will do.
and, do you understand mandarin chinese by any chance? (I can think of one of my favorite dramas of all time, but it is un-subbed in english)
I don't understand Chinese, but tell me the title anyway. Maybe I manage to find some fan-made subtitles or a translation in some language I understand.
thanks for giving me the chance to blab a little about my favorite drama ^^
it's called "WanJun", and probably most Chinese people have seen it or heard about it, that's how good it is ^^ the story is set in pre-Communist China, so the background and costumes are beautiful to look at. I am amazed how well it ages, considering it came out 20 odd years ago. it's really a masterpiece of Chinese drama. both the screenplay and novel that it's based on are written by a very famous novelist, the "romance Shakespeare" of Taiwan. I actually don't think anything that came out of Taiwan in more recent years has managed to reach the level of "WanJun" in the combination of the high quality of acting talent, screenplay, and storyline.

here's the intro theme song

here's the end theme song

one of my dreams is to sub this drama into English, so wish me luck I get the chance and my mandarin improves enough to do it ^^

jaded_star

Post by jaded_star » Feb 6th, '11, 18:20

iluvasiandrama wrote:
ehimedays wrote:

To Get Her was another TWdrama one where the main girl was being bullied. I would recommend that one too :D
I've never seen a Taiwan drama before but i will try those out. THANK YOU!!

ehimedays

Post by ehimedays » Feb 6th, '11, 19:09

jaded_star wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:
ehimedays wrote:
I've never seen a Taiwan drama before but i will try those out. THANK YOU!!

you're very welcome ^^ come back and tell us how you liked it!

ILOVEME000

Post by ILOVEME000 » Feb 6th, '11, 19:30

must watch

hana youri dango

Ohitorisama

Aussa

Post by Aussa » Feb 7th, '11, 14:45

Hi I'm looking for a new drama to watch and need sugestions

to help people make better sugestions and to help others find interesting drama here is a list of the drama (and other japanese tv shows) i have watched and my opinion on them

Fuuma no Kojirou: Fantastic, good action, good comedy, good actors, good opening and ending songs, wish it had of gone longer

RH Plus: Little weird, it was ok, best episodes were episodes 3 and 6, the acting was good, the plot felt like it would ocasionally vanish and let the story be mostly filler

One Pound Gospel: Great, the acting and pacing of the series was good, the plot was good, and there was a good balance of drama and comedy

Rinne no Ame: Very Good, the acting and plot were great, Seto Koji did a great job

Nobuto wo Produce: OK, i've seen 7 episodes so far and it's an alright series, the acting is good, the plot is good but it sorta feels a little dragged out and i start to feel bored about 2/3 of the way into an episode

Oretachi Wa Thenshi Da "No Angel No Luck": Good, i've seen the first 2 episodes subbed and episodes 3-5 raw and have been enjoying it but my japanese isnt good enough to keep watching it raw, Good Comedy, ok acting, wish there was a fansub somewhere

Death Game Park: Good: very interesting and clever plot with good acting,
although the ending confused me i still enjoyed it
out of those i recomend others check out one pound gospel and Rinne no Ame

if anyone could suggest a drama they might think i'll like that would be great, i like dramas that have fairly unique plots and have some comedic elements invovled

any sugestions will be apreciated, and sorry this post is so long :sweat:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 8th, '11, 03:08

Can someone recommend Jdramas like the Kdrama Marry Me Mary? I want a drama with a poor kind of ugly female lead and super cute guy lead actor. Just the new ones from 2010 until now. Nothing older than 2010 please.

Oh with really good music too. Like ballads and love songs that make you say awwww... Thanks :D

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Feb 9th, '11, 11:45

I don't know why i hate so many do-rama cos i really want to like it.

Also it seems like a lot of people here have different standards
Previously someone mentioned fuuma no kojiro. Saying it had good acting?
Some of the acting was some of the worst i have ever seen. And i have no knowledge about acting. But i can tell when someone is droning up their lines like some of them did.

anyway just had to vent some dissapointment because i can't find a good show.

Rooney102

Post by Rooney102 » Feb 9th, '11, 15:34

My all time favorite doramas are:

1. My Boss my Hero --> Nagase is hilarious in this one, ad it's very entertaining

2. Last Friends --> definitely one of the high-quality dorama, the story is captivating, and the cast are perfect for their role

3. Love Shuffle --> The story is... interesting. And makes people wonder about what one might search in a relationship.

4. Nobuta wo Produce --> of course, this is where i first fall in love with Horikita Maki and Yamapi

5. Liar Game --> Erika Toda and Matsuda Shota have killer chemistry in this one, and the plot is smart.

6. Nodame Cantabile --> but the SPs are not included, i'm talking the series of the doramas, when Chiaki is still oh-so-handsome and not too skinny, and nodame is still all cheerful and not gloomy. And the music, of course no question there, is worldclass.

Mariska

Post by Mariska » Feb 13th, '11, 08:55

Hello, Can anyone recommend me some good dramas? I'm looking for very sad stuff, good acting, good story and preferably not about high school. I've seen a few already, my favorites are: Beautiful life, Last friends, Mother, One liter of tears, Orange days, Summer snow, The great family and White spring.

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Feb 15th, '11, 12:48

Mariska wrote:Hello, Can anyone recommend me some good dramas? I'm looking for very sad stuff, good acting, good story and preferably not about high school. I've seen a few already, my favorites are: Beautiful life, Last friends, Mother, One liter of tears, Orange days, Summer snow, The great family and White spring.
try ro watch '1 million stars falling from the sky' (kimutaku,sanma & eri fukatsu) & shiroi haru (hiroshi abe,yuriko yoshitaka,etc)..both of 'em are really great drama..i think you will enjoy 'em ^^

Mariska

Post by Mariska » Feb 15th, '11, 14:02

I've seen 1 million stars falling from the sky and Shiroi Haru as well. But thank you anyway :-)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 15th, '11, 16:58

Hotaru no Hikari 2 is so funny and good. This 2nd season reminds me of Nodame Cantible. Amemiya seems to act alot like Nodame in this one more than the 1st season, with some of her expressions. I am on 6th epi and it's good. I would recommend this one but if you haven't already seen the first season you may want to start there.

Kazu1582

Post by Kazu1582 » Feb 15th, '11, 22:58

Hey there,

I was just wondering if anybody could recommend me some really funny comedy doramas,
I really enjoy stuff like Yankee-kun to Megane-chan or 1 pound gospel.

Also I just finished Love Shuffle and I was wondering if there are any similar doramas out there,
like doramas that aren't completely predictable Ö.Ö and this is unrelated to the comedy aspect.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 16th, '11, 03:09

I finished watching Hotaru no Hikari 2. I liked it and would recommend it if you liked Nodame Cantible. There is no high school kids and was funny but not much romance really none. It was still good. I think I will give the "dumb lead girl" dramas a rest for a while though... it get's to be kind of boring if you watch those kind too much.

NoSkill

Post by NoSkill » Feb 18th, '11, 09:53

Hello,

a couple of months ago I started watching J-Doramas, I also posted in this thread for recommendations.

But right know I can't really find anything on my own anymore.

Already Watched:
- Hotaru no Hikari
- Daisakusen Proposal
- Love Shuffle
- Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
- Bara no nai Hanaya
- Orange Days
- Shiroi Haru
- Hana Yori Dango
- Bloody Monday
- My Boss My Hero
- Anego
- Kimi wa Petto
- Nodame Cantabile
- Densha Otoko
- 1 Litre no Namida
- First Kiss
- Mioka
- Natsu no koi wa nijiiro ni kagayaku
- Beautiful Life
- Liar Game
- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
- Mr. Brain
- Nodame Cantabile Special
- Hanayome wa Yakudoshi
- Stand Up
- Fukigen na Gene
- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e ~ ikemen paradise ~
- Raifu

Currently Watching:
- Nagareboshi (waiting for subs)

So, I would really appreciate recommendations in the genre romance/drama

Greetings
NoSkill

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Feb 18th, '11, 13:47

NoSkill wrote:Hello,

a couple of months ago I started watching J-Doramas, I also posted in this thread for recommendations.

Already Watched:
- Daisakusen Proposal

Currently Watching:

Greetings
NoSkill
"juunen saki kimi ni koishite"...the story is opposite from proposal daisakusen...really touching drama..& sometime also funny ^^

here's the synopsis:
"The story focuses on 26-year-old Rika (Ueto), a single editor who is unskilled in love. The story starts when a man (Uchino) appears before her, telling her that he is her husband from 10 years in the future. He informs her that she will meet the young version of himself in a few days, but begs her not to marry him."

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 18th, '11, 18:06

Greetings
NoSkill
You can try this list also. http://dazzlingmeteor.blogspot.com - Scroll all the way down the page and you will see a very long list of mixed dramas. You should be able to pick out the Jdramas.
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Feb 19th, '11, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 18th, '11, 18:10

juunen saki kimi ni koishite sounds interesting but I wonder if it's really romantic or not. I wonder if it has touching moments and hugging and kissing scenes. I didn't care for Nagareboshi.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Feb 19th, '11, 00:39

NoSkill,
I think you've seen all the dramas. LOl

Romance dramas that you haven't seen and I found watchable (some I loved, some just okay)
Love and Fight/Koi Wa Tatakai
Cupid no Itazuro
Virgin Road
Slow Dance
Long Vacation
Love Generation
Pride
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Buzzer Beat
Brother Beat
One Pound Gospel
Love Story
Ohitorisama
Golden Bowl

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 19th, '11, 03:45

There are plenty more out there Especially on blogspot pages like Dazzling Meteors.

NoSkill

Post by NoSkill » Feb 19th, '11, 08:33

Thank you for the recommendation ;)

For now I will watch "juunen saki kimi ni koishite" but I don't think that will last long because it has only 6 episodes xD

@iluvasiandrama

It may be possible that there are many other good asian dramas but right now I'm looking only for J-Doramas.
I think you've seen all the dramas. LOl
I don't hope that's true xD

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 19th, '11, 16:45

There are quite a few you didn't list that can be found on the link in my post above. They are mixed in with kdrama and twdrama so you have to look for Japanese titles, but it just may be easier for me to spot them out.

You didn't list Hotaru no Hikari 2 (Season 2), GTO, and Akai Ito they all are good jdramas. Jdorama.com has a top 100 jdrama list so you can compare your list to theirs. Just looking at your list, you definitely haven't seen all jdramas out there.

stefan

Post by stefan » Feb 21st, '11, 20:35

Hey Guys! It's been a long time since I've been on here.

I haven't watched any shows in the past 2yrs!! Can you guys recommend me stuff from the past 8 seasons to watch?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Feb 21st, '11, 22:45

stefan wrote:Hey Guys! It's been a long time since I've been on here.

I haven't watched any shows in the past 2yrs!! Can you guys recommend me stuff from the past 8 seasons to watch?
2009:
Majo Saiban
MR. BRAIN
Boss
Ninkyo Helper
JIN
LIAR GAME 2

2010:
Shinzanmono
Mother
Kaibutsu Kun
Hotaru no Hikari 2
Unubore Deka
Freeter, Ie o Kau.

Kazu1582

Post by Kazu1582 » Feb 22nd, '11, 01:14

stefan wrote:Hey Guys! It's been a long time since I've been on here.

2009 (was a very good drama year btw):
Tokyo DOGS
Atashinchi no Danshi
Love Shuffle
Mr Brain
Otomen
RESCUE
Shiroi Haru

2010:
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
(Code Blue 2nd Season)
(Hotaru no Hikari 2nd Season)
(Bloody Monday 2nd Season)
iluvasiandrama wrote:I finished watching Hotaru no Hikari 2. I liked it and would recommend it if you liked Nodame Cantible. There is no high school kids and was funny but not much romance really none. It was still good. I think I will give the "dumb lead girl" dramas a rest for a while though... it get's to be kind of boring if you watch those kind too much.
well thanks, I had just finished Hotaru no Hikari 2, haha, it was kinda funny, had fun watching it. I'm still in search for something like Love Shuffle, but I guess Love Shuffle will remain special for a while until I find something similar. I'm gonna watch Nodame Cantabile soon, after I read a lot of recomms on that one. But gotta finish Sexy Voice and Robo first XDD Dumb lead guy instead of Dumb lead girl, haha

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 14:11

Kazu1582 wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:I finished watching Hotaru no Hikari 2. I liked it and would recommend it if you liked Nodame Cantible. There is no high school kids and was funny but not much romance really none. It was still good. I think I will give the "dumb lead girl" dramas a rest for a while though... it get's to be kind of boring if you watch those kind too much.
well thanks, I had just finished Hotaru no Hikari 2, haha, it was kinda funny, had fun watching it. I'm still in search for something like Love Shuffle, but I guess Love Shuffle will remain special for a while until I find something similar. I'm gonna watch Nodame Cantabile soon, after I read a lot of recomms on that one. But gotta finish Sexy Voice and Robo first XDD Dumb lead guy instead of Dumb lead girl, haha
Well that changes things up :cheers: I think I will like to see drama where lead guy is dumb for a change. I have to check those out, thanks! :D

Eii

Post by Eii » Mar 2nd, '11, 00:39

Already Watched:
- Hotaru no Hikari
- Daisakusen Proposal
- Love Shuffle
- Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
- Bara no nai Hanaya
- Orange Days
- Shiroi Haru
- Hana Yori Dango
- Bloody Monday
- My Boss My Hero
- Anego
- Kimi wa Petto
- Nodame Cantabile
- Densha Otoko
- 1 Litre no Namida
- First Kiss
- Mioka
- Natsu no koi wa nijiiro ni kagayaku
- Beautiful Life
- Liar Game
- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
- Mr. Brain
- Nodame Cantabile Special
- Hanayome wa Yakudoshi
- Stand Up
- Fukigen na Gene
- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e ~ ikemen paradise ~
- Raifu

Currently Watching:

Mendol ---- Decent works for wasting time
Seigi no mikatan ---- EPIC a must watch
Ohitorisama -- cute and nice
Otomen -- kinda funny
Seuti shokun -- decent school drama
himitsu no hanzo -- pretty interessting drama
Yankee-kun to megane-chan -- Epic a must watch.

and then we have those who fall in the WTF

saru lock -- works
zettai-kareshi -- if you like triangel dramas .......
Yama onna kabe onna ----- .....duno what to say about this one
saito-san -- i liked it
mei-chan ---- pretty bad but easy to watch.

Eii

Post by Eii » Mar 2nd, '11, 00:44

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Kazu1582 wrote:
Well that changes things up :cheers: I think I will like to see drama where lead guy is dumb for a change. I have to check those out, thanks! :D
I wanna see more dramas with lead girls kicking ass! Any indeas

HanieCullen

Post by HanieCullen » Mar 2nd, '11, 01:38

Eii wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:
Kazu1582 wrote:

How about Yankee-kun to Megane-Chan. That drama was hilarious and the lead girl does kick ass.lol.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 2nd, '11, 03:30

Eii wrote:
I haven't watched any jdrama with girls who display martial arts ability but I see it often in the Jmovies.

Eii

Post by Eii » Mar 2nd, '11, 11:18

I am all up for Jmovies. Bring the list on.

And yea Yanke-kun was asome, realy loved it. I would love if the did a ikkitousen live action that would be asome :)

And if you run out of j-dramas there are some realy epic ones on the korean side.

arcady

Post by arcady » Mar 2nd, '11, 14:39

nana;nana2,-lovely complex(the movie)-my boss my hero-bambino-dragon zakura-kekkon dekinai otoko-
engine-hotaru no hikari-long vacation-buzzer beat-honey & clover-teru teru ashita-hana yori dango(returns,the movie)-akai ito-sasaki fusai jingi naki tataki-proposal aisakusen +movie-anego-mop girl-tatta hitotsu no koi-love generation-koishite akuma(vampire boy)-friends-minami kun noi koibito-tokyo friends-natsu no koi wa nijro ni kagayaku-nanase futatabi-yamato nadeshiko shichi henge-ima ai ni yukimasu-jigoku shoujo-jotei-tiger & dragon-koizora-bara no nai hanaya-blooy monday 1 & 2- ohitorisama-hana kazari no kimitachi-smile-maou-sapuri-densha otoko-detroit metal city-brother beat-ataschinhi no danshi-
kamisama mou sukoshi dake-gokusen -1 rittoru no namida-nodame cantabile-vampire host-innocent love-kami no shizuku-14 sai no hana-attention please-taiyou no uta-shimokita glory days-zeni geba-nobuta wo produce-rookies-kiina-gto-kimi wa petto-karey nuru spy-cinderella ni naritai-haikei chichiue sama-maison ikkoku 1 & 2.

Kazu1582

Post by Kazu1582 » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:14

Eii wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:
Kazu1582 wrote:

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've watched any kick-ass lead girls dramas (except for Gokusen maybe) O.O but I've barely watched dramas with girls as lead anyways xD and if, they mostly seem to be coupled with a main guy, haha

Aside that, I'd recomment "papa to musume no nanokakan", as far as I remember the lead girl at least isn't extremly annoying or stupid xD though she's not kick-ass as in kicking ass while fighting xd'

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 3rd, '11, 04:25

Check the recommend Jmovies section too for movies.

Eii

Post by Eii » Mar 3rd, '11, 19:53

I am also all game for Girl dresses like boy animes. Just love them. But can't seem to find any more.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Mar 7th, '11, 14:01

I just finished Mother yesterday, (even though I DL'ed it last year. Never got around to sit down and watch )
And it was very beautiful.

I cannot stress enough how awesome the drama was. Makes one appreciate all the things Mom went tru.
On-top of a solid theme and message, it came along with two great leads who fit perfectly together.

ShoelaceBandit

Post by ShoelaceBandit » Mar 9th, '11, 02:50

Hi, I'm new here. *Waves*

I've recently started studying Japanese and am trying to get into dramas for learning purposes and need some recs.

I watched Hana Kimi a while back because I loved the manga in high school, hated the drama, and more recently watched Yasha, which was amazing.

I prefer things that are not based around romance or comedy, and are not set in high school.
Action, drama, horror, mystery, sci-if are all good, I love crime shows. I'm also a big fan of anything that features gay characters in a positive progressive manner.

Thanks in advance!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 9th, '11, 22:37

I just finished PRIDE. I can't believe that I didn't watch this drama before. It was so good and I usually don't like sports drama but this one was so wonderful! I will definitely watch it again.
Aishiteiru to Ittekure also is a good drama I watched it a long time ago but I really like strong male leads. :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 11th, '11, 21:21

Can you give me something interesting and funny like First Kiss?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 03:03

I didn't like First Kiss Kversion but enjoyed ISWAK TWversion. That's besides the point, I know, 8) but I can't think of any Jdrama that does that much kissing with comedy added too. Most I have seen have either or but not both.

And definitely no Jdrama that I have seen has as much of kissing and affectionate snuggling, hugging, cuddling, and more kissing like ISWAK. TKA (Sequel to ISWAK) had even more sweet scenes of the two leads lip sweeping deep kisses and cuddling in bed. Some of the scenes reminded me of Bi-Rain and Shin Min Ah in Love to Kill :O :wub:

I would love to know if there is a Jdrama like that too with comedy and kissing in more than one or two scenes. I doubt it though.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 12th, '11, 07:48

iluvasiandrama wrote:I didn't like First Kiss Kversion but enjoyed ISWAK TWversion. That's besides the point, I know, 8) but I can't think of any Jdrama that does that much kissing with comedy added too. Most I have seen have either or but not both.

And definitely no Jdrama that I have seen has as much of kissing and affectionate snuggling, hugging, cuddling, and more kissing like ISWAK. TKA (Sequel to ISWAK) had even more sweet scenes of the two leads lip sweeping deep kisses and cuddling in bed. Some of the scenes reminded me of Bi-Rain and Shin Min Ah in Love to Kill :O :wub:

I would love to know if there is a Jdrama like that too with comedy and kissing in more than one or two scenes. I doubt it though.
ERm... Playful Kiss is total crap. Don't even mention it. I was talking about his drama :
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/First_Kiss

I don't need kissing... <_<

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 16:44

Ok Ok sorry about the mix up but I haven't seen First Kiss so I guess someone else will have to help out. :salut:

Oh wait, check out the synopsis for these three Summer Snow, Aishiteiru to Ittekure, and Nagareboshi.

OhSnap

Post by OhSnap » Mar 12th, '11, 18:16

Does anyone have any recommendations for their favorite Japanese Specials (1 Episode ones) or Japanese Mini-series? My recent favorites are as follows:

Kami Wo Saikoro Wa Furenai
Door To Door SP
Hitsudan SP
Densha Otoko SP 1-2

Any other recommendations for any Japanese mini series or tv specials from 2000-2011?

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Mar 13th, '11, 12:11

OhSnap wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for their favorite Japanese Specials (1 Episode ones) or Japanese Mini-series? My recent favorites are as follows:

Kami Wo Saikoro Wa Furenai
Door To Door SP
Hitsudan SP
Densha Otoko SP 1-2

Any other recommendations for any Japanese mini series or tv specials from 2000-2011?
i enjoy watched 'ai wa mieru'.. it's a SP drama..just 1 epsd..
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_89724.htm

I'll let the caps do the talk..:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Mar 13th, '11, 20:22

Hello =)
I know, i'm just lazy but when i see 230 page in this thread, i'm not really sure that i want to browse each page.
So i'll ask something that is probably asked often :
Romance-Comedy xD
I only watched 3 jdramas in my life (or i think) : Densha Otoko, GTO and Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (i'm more a big fan of kdramas)

What i want exactly :
- a serie (at least 10+ episode, i don't care if there is more than 100)
- subbed
- no angst (preferably without a love triangle or with just a one-sided love from the second male/female to one of the 2 lead)
- dramas that you liked a lot xD (most important point)
- preferably a long ending (not just they finally acknowledge their love for each other, kiss, end. But more something where they are both in love for some moment and end in marriage or with child etc..)
- and not a story about student (i mean middle/high school, i don't care if they are in college)

Oh yes and i'd like to know if there is any good dramas dealing with children (but same, especially no angst) like for example the manga Hotman, Usagi Drop or Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie. (i know there is a Hotman drama :p)

and preferably no dramas from manga.

Thanks a lot for those who reply to my request =)

Eii

Post by Eii » Mar 13th, '11, 22:36

Morphin wrote:Hello =)
I know, i'm just lazy but when i see 230 page in this thread, i'm not really sure that i want to browse each page.
So i'll ask something that is probably asked often :
Romance-Comedy xD
I only watched 3 jdramas in my life (or i think) : Densha Otoko, GTO and Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (i'm more a big fan of kdramas)

What i want exactly :
- subbed
- no angst (preferably without a love triangle or with just a one-sided love from the second male/female to one of the 2 lead)
- preferably a long ending (not just they finally acknowledge their love for each other, kiss, end. But more something where they are both in love for some moment and end in marriage or with child etc..)
- and not a story about student (i mean middle/high school, i don't care if they are in college)

Oh yes and i'd like to know if there is any good dramas dealing with children (but same, especially no angst) like for example the manga Hotman, Usagi Drop or Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie. (i know there is a Hotman drama :p)

and preferably no dramas from manga.

Thanks a lot for those who reply to my request =)
I know this is the Jdrama forum but check out "coffee prince" k-drama its epic.

or here are some Jdramas

Hana Yori Dango 1,2 - Comed/Romance about a poor girl who starts to date the richest kid in school. Realy good.

Kimi wa petto Comedy/Romance about a guy who becomes the pet of a business woman. Realy funny but becomes a little serious towards the end.

Hotaru no hikari Realy good love/comedy drama, about 2 co-workers kinda..

Ohitorisama School/Romance older teacher falls in love with younger one, realy sweet and nice.

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Mar 13th, '11, 23:38

Thanks =)
For the k-dramas, sorry but i already saw so many (including coffee prince) that's why i'm searching j-dramas (i could search tw-dramas but i'm not really found of or c-dramas but i have a big problem with chinese accent)
I think i'll look Kimi wa Petto since i really loved the manga.
Hotaru no hikari seems nice and i'll see it =)
Ohitorisama maybe but not exactly what i search.
thanks =)

bugs_3v

Post by bugs_3v » Mar 14th, '11, 16:47

try this
1. proposal daisakusen
2. tata hitotso no koi
3. love revolution
4. boku dake no madonna
5. strawberry on the shortcake

Aaeru

High school dramas

Post by Aaeru » Mar 16th, '11, 10:15

Hi I am returning to Jdramas after a few years of lapse,

Wondering if anyone could recommend me High School Dramas. Light hearted ones are best. my favourite was Nobuta wo Produce. Thx

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Mar 16th, '11, 15:20

Any recommended jdrama for spring 2011 ?

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 18th, '11, 07:00

I'm going to recommend a few of my favorites to anyone new, if your not new you've probably seen them already.

Aoi Tori/Blue Bird- Anne Suzuki's, Shiro Sano's and Etsushi Toyokawa's magnificent acting, the music and cinematography all come together to form an all time classic. On a side note I know a lot of people don't like Anne Suzuki, but while I love other actresses, in terms of pure acting talent she blows them all away, in my opinion.

Long Vacation- I love Takuya Kimura he's a great actor, I mean despite the fact all his romance based dramas end the same way with a few exceptions he and the female lead are perfect for each other, and that takes talent. Still Long Vacation remains my favorite and personally most satisfying of his romance dramas.

A Million Stars Falling From the Sky- dark plot, great cast, perfection

Summer Snow- Best. Sad. Love Story. Ever. enough said

Unfair- despite some storytelling flaws Ryoko Shinohara's ability to dominate and completely take over whatever she does saves it from being crap.

Arifureta Kiseki- sure episodes 6-10 are boring and pointless but episodes 1-5 and 11 are worth watching.

Honjitsu mo Hare. Ijo Nashi - flawed but still good, and the scenery is lovely

Mother- One of the best dramas made in the past 10 years, it reminds me a little of Aoi Tori, Yasuko Matsuyuki and Mana Ashida were perfect.

Ame to Yume no Ato ni- unappreciated show with an interesting story, and great acting job by the cast.

Kimi to Ita Mirai no Tame ni- it gets repetitive but Tsuyoshi Domoto is my favorite Japanese actor Shiro Sano and Yukie Nakama round out the cast and you do root for Tsuyoshi and Yukie to get a good future.

Hotaru no Hikari - very funny show I don't really like the second season though

Nurse Aoi- I love Satomi Ishihara, good cast all around

Stand Up!- if you are, will be, or have been a teenager this should be required watching, especially if you are male as you will identify with one of the male leads.

1 Litre of Tears- if this doesn't make you cry you have no heart but ultimately it is a story about never giving up hope

Aishiteru- sad story but well worth the watch

Atami no Sousakan- weird weird weird, defiantly not for everybody but I love it

Bara no Nai Hanaya- another member of SMAP who can act

Code Blue- I know there are lots of other medical dramas that are technically "better" but the two seasons of Code Blue are by far my favorite, still holding out hope for a season 3

Daisuki!- Karina was amazing here

Gonzo - Densetsu no Keiji - I loved this show I wish there was another season

Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake- Kyoko Fukada showed she had talent in this, Improved in Kamikaze girls then proceeded to play the same role over and over again. Does anyone else have trouble telling Yutaka Takenouchi and Kaneshiro Takeshi apart?

Koshonin- similar to Unfair in it has a strong female lead but the story surounding her is better. I can't remember his name but the guy playing Mariya seriously gave me the creeps.

Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna- the wonderful Miho Kanno stars in a good story about the stupidity of revenge.

Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite- I love it

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi- you might be put off at first, it took three false starts before I actually watched it, but when you get past that you will find a wonderfully rich adventure story reminiscent of a live action Hayao Miyazaki movie

Bokura no Yuuki- despite the fact the writers let you down at the end still a very very good drama.

Trick- it's fun to watch Hiroshi Abe and Yukie Nakama pick at each other through all 3 seasons

Haken no Hinkaku- another show that Ryoko Shinohara takes over and makes wonderful

Home Drama- as close to perfect as they come

Love Shuffle- weird premise but the couples at the end are meant for each other

aya1984

Post by aya1984 » Mar 18th, '11, 16:54

yoo was has been awhile i been to this site now

and was woundring about good dramas that are gone be out this season
and that has been out

have some i saw recentrly was

proposal daisakusen
my boss my hero
rookie
samurai highschool
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
Nodame Cantabile

and loved them , there is other i seen but cant rem there names :D

wanted to know if there is more in category comedy
ther similair to these or that u think its very very funny.

hope u can help me out ..

trasuachieumua

Post by trasuachieumua » Mar 18th, '11, 17:10

My top 6:

Long vacation
Engine
Nobuta wo Produce
Suna no Utsuwa
Sora Kara (One million stars falling from the sky)
Hana Kimi
Proposal Daisakusen

Just finish watching Suna no Utsuwa and it's very very beautiful and touching dark drama, highly recommend.

Nakai Masahiro's acting in this drama is excellent. The cinematography and music arrangement is excellent too.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Mar 18th, '11, 17:13

Morphin wrote:Hello =)

What i want exactly :
- subbed
Did you check Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (it is funny, with little romance)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 17:44

Taisetsu na Koto is really good and is currently airing.