Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sean

Post by Sean » Mar 23rd, '09, 20:58

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check some of these shows out, especially Shikaotoko Awoniyoshi and Last Christmas if they have Tamaki. <3

n33k33

JDrama Recommendationsplease ? =)

Post by n33k33 » Mar 24th, '09, 20:21

Hey all ~

What drama would you advice to someone who loved Nodame, Densha Otoko, My Boss my Hero and Shikaotoko ? =)

Thanks in advance ! ^___^

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 24th, '09, 20:25

n33k33

Post by n33k33 » Mar 24th, '09, 21:45

Oh sorry :s

Semaru

Re: JDrama Recommendationsplease ? =)

Post by Semaru » Mar 25th, '09, 02:40

n33k33 wrote:Hey all ~

What drama would you advice to someone who loved Nodame, Densha Otoko, My Boss my Hero and Shikaotoko ? =)

Have you seen Mukodono 2003 or Seigi no Mikata?

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 26th, '09, 23:43

I know I'm all late about this but if you guys haven't watched "A million falling stars" you should give it a try, I still cant get over the last 2 episodes. Its no Byakuyakou but damnit its around there.

n33k33

Post by n33k33 » Mar 27th, '09, 14:57

Semaru wrote:

Have you seen Mukodono 2003 or Seigi no Mikata?
Nope. Watched clips of both and Mukodono looks pretty neat, but it may be a bit too "romance" for me ... I dunno hehe ...

sashiro01

Post by sashiro01 » Mar 27th, '09, 20:14

I'm looking for a suggestion...but it's a little different for me.
Here's the dealio:
At my university, one of the mathematics professors here is a Japan native and offered to teach an informal Japanese class. It's been going great, thus far.
He asked me to pick out some sort of Japanese show/movie to bring to class so that we can go over it.
I'd prefer something that has readily available raws with soft subs. Obviously, I need something semi-short in length (No more than an hour if it can be helped), and nothing too...well... *too* dramatic, sexual, or just retarded. Lol.
But still, it'd be helpful if it showed a lot of phrases or mannerisms of Japanese people that differ from the Western societies. After all...the prof needs to have something to explain! It'd help if the meanings of words weren't overtly obvious from the actions. As in, a knowledge of the language would be needed to fully understand.

HALP HALP. :alcoholic:

Thanks guys. <3

EDIT: By the way, I haven't had a whole lot of ideas. Hana Yori Daango is a little too romance-esque. I LUUUURVED it, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Kinda the same for Zettai Kareshi.
I thought about H2, but the weird doc guy in the first episode...lol...

n33k33

Post by n33k33 » Mar 27th, '09, 20:34

sashiro01 wrote:I'm looking for a suggestion...but it's a little different for me.
Here's the dealio:
At my university, one of the mathematics professors here is a Japan native and offered to teach an informal Japanese class. It's been going great, thus far.
He asked me to pick out some sort of Japanese show/movie to bring to class so that we can go over it.
I'd prefer something that has readily available raws with soft subs. Obviously, I need something semi-short in length (No more than an hour if it can be helped), and nothing too...well... *too* dramatic, sexual, or just retarded. Lol.
But still, it'd be helpful if it showed a lot of phrases or mannerisms of Japanese people that differ from the Western societies. After all...the prof needs to have something to explain! It'd help if the meanings of words weren't overtly obvious from the actions. As in, a knowledge of the language would be needed to fully understand.

HALP HALP. :alcoholic:

Thanks guys. <3

EDIT: By the way, I haven't had a whole lot of ideas. Hana Yori Daango is a little too romance-esque. I LUUUURVED it, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Kinda the same for Zettai Kareshi.
I thought about H2, but the weird doc guy in the first episode...lol...
Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi is pretty awesome. It contains lots of Japanese folklore and traditional elements as well as a very "classical" character relationship scheme. It contains a lot of supernatural elements too, though, if you're looking for something more serious or modern.

egghead

Post by egghead » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:39

Try Hotaru no Hikari

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 4th, '09, 17:25

I need some suggestions!! I just finished Voice (like), almost done with Triangle (AMAZING) and downloading Ashita no kita yoshino. I'm very intereseted in more mature drama (although I absolutely LOVE nodame, but maybe because I'm a music lover!!)

Oh, I watched 1 liter of tear, I'm done with sad dramas for the rest of my life!

I also love serious drama with a few silly moments (love Change!!), but I'm passed that age to really enjoy things like Mei chan and HYD, i watched HYD, i enjoyed it but it really it's not my thing.

Any recommendations? preferably newer dramas. Thanks!

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 4th, '09, 17:49

I would recommend Orange Days but it's not new...

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 4th, '09, 18:22

charia-chan wrote:I would recommend Orange Days but it's not new...
I watched that and I enjoyed it ALOT, LOVE!! Anything else? I guess I love suspense, mystery type alot, but i know there aren't alot. I also watched Koshonin, Kuitan etc.

The main thing is, I don't mind having a bit of romance in it, but I don't want it to be all the drama is about. Or a drama that has a bad person come in to destroy their relationship, or someone has cancer and has to die or something like that.

I love Kekkon dekinai otoko type of drama!

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 4th, '09, 18:26

Did you try Galileo?

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 4th, '09, 19:25

charia-chan wrote:Did you try Galileo?
Yes, and I love that one as well!

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 5th, '09, 05:32

hey, i'd like a recommendation for a new jap drama..
i generally like romantic dramas...but ones like zettai was too cheesy for me..
i also like some that arent romantic..like code blue...that was just AMAZING..and thats coming from someone that doesnt normally watch medical dramas. (maybe i just REALLY like yamapi lol) nobuta was also good and not romantic..and kurosagi (i dont really consider that romantic)
ive watched stand up, hana yori dango 1&2, proposal daisakusen, tatta hitotsu no koi, gokusen..
i dont like sad dramas..i wont watch 1 litre of tears..i tried to watch honey & clover and mei-chan no shitsuji...but i couldnt continue after ep 1. no mysteries or scary ones pls :]
i would like something addicting..and relatively new (2005+)
haha i know im being difficult..i dont really have a particular type of drama i like..as you can tell i watch a lot of random things
oh and you can tell i like yamapi a lot..but i already watched all of his dramas (but i actually did not enjoy proposal that much) :p
hope you guys can help me out :]

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 5th, '09, 07:14

sweetyam wrote:hey, i'd like a recommendation for a new jap drama..
i also like some that arent romantic..like code blue...that was just AMAZING..and thats coming from someone that doesnt normally watch medical dramas. (maybe i just REALLY like yamapi lol) nobuta was also good and not romantic..and kurosagi (i dont really consider that romantic)
ive watched stand up, hana yori dango 1&2, proposal daisakusen, tatta hitotsu no koi, gokusen..
i dont like sad dramas..i wont watch 1 litre of tears..i tried to watch honey & clover and mei-chan no shitsuji...but i couldnt continue after ep 1. no mysteries or scary ones pls :]
haha i know im being difficult..i dont really have a particular type of drama i like..as you can tell i watch a lot of random things
oh and you can tell i like yamapi a lot..but i already watched all of his dramas (but i actually did not enjoy proposal that much) :p
Have you tried Voice? (medical drama from a medical examiner point of view)
Nodame Cantabile
Orange days

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 5th, '09, 21:40

fayewolf wrote:
sweetyam wrote:hey, i'd like a recommendation for a new jap drama..
Have you tried Voice? (medical drama from a medical examiner point of view)
Nodame Cantabile
Orange days
hey thanks! im gunna check out orange days...i've heard thats a good drama :] i'll be back in a couple of days for a new recommendation lol :]

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 7th, '09, 04:41

hey everyone, im back!
like i said, im back looking for a new recommendation.
orange days was recommended to me 2 days ago...
i finished it :]
i think the drama started off slow..but eventually it got better....to the point where i was up till 4 am watching it on a school night XD. the ending wasnt that awesome though...
i really liked the idea of finding a career that suits them best and how they all tried to make the best of what they have...and the cheesy memories of youth also made it an awesome drama :] and of course, the romance between the characters was the cherry on top
thanks fayewolf for recommending me this drama!
so, any other great recommendations for me? pls refer to my last post as to what im interested in..and hopefully my impromptu review of orange days will give you guys an idea of what i like and dont like

am i being incredibly demanding? im sorry..i just like to find good dramas
hope u guys can help me :]

nanank99

Post by nanank99 » Apr 7th, '09, 05:18

^^
you should try Nodame Cantabile ... very funny, one of my favorite jdrama

mewific

Post by mewific » Apr 7th, '09, 05:43

I just finished "Koi No Chikara" over the weekend and I loved it!!! Good stuff! :cheers: I really like how Fukatsu Eri acted there so much so that I'm currently checking all her dramas. I'm now watching "Slow Dance". I stopped watching this way back because I thought it had a slow start... for some reason, I like it now. *teehee*

Btw, if you liked Orange Days then you'll most probably like Honey and Clover. It has the same feel imho, but Honey and Clover's better (at least for me).

Yumii-chan

Post by Yumii-chan » Apr 7th, '09, 10:58

I just watched my first j-drama which was Hana Yori Dango season 1,2 + movie and now I'm looking for a new drama that has the same theme (romance, love triangle maybe?, lots of drama and so on)

Help please :-)

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 8th, '09, 00:36

Yumii-chan wrote:I just watched my first j-drama which was Hana Yori Dango season 1,2 + movie and now I'm looking for a new drama that has the same theme (romance, love triangle maybe?, lots of drama and so on)

Help please :-)
as for a romantic j drama..i really like tatta hitotsu no koi..its like one of my favourites...if you dont like it right off the bat....give it time, it'll get to you :]

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 8th, '09, 00:44

i think next up for me is nodame cantabile or honey & clover...i tried watching honey & clover before but i found it boring..maybe i'll try it again..only cause i really like toma :]

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Apr 9th, '09, 09:12

@sweetyam: Give Mei-chan another chance. It gets better and better. And Hiro is looooooove :D

I'm looking for J-Dramas that are adaptions or based on Shakespeare. I know there is one with Inoue Mao. But there must be more.

Tasukete kudasai

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 9th, '09, 09:51

sweetyam, I just finished Nodame Cantabile last night, and aside from Nobuta, this is my favorite (I've seen almost 20 series at this point). It's got romance and comedy without the "over the top" kind of Japanese wacky comedy that I find a bit much. Fabulous sound track, if you like classical music.

Proudlikeagod

Post by Proudlikeagod » Apr 10th, '09, 00:14

I just finished watching one litre of tears and im need to watch a good romance comedy. Are there any good new romantic comedy jdramas? Ive seen most of the old ones :(

nikki_sixx21

New series Help.

Post by nikki_sixx21 » Apr 10th, '09, 06:36

I have not been able to keep up with some of the New J-Dramas for about a year now. I have time now and am wondering if anyone could list a few that have been completely subbed in the past year. Any help is very appreciated.

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Apr 10th, '09, 06:45

You should check the fansub map for this.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 11th, '09, 08:00

sweetyam wrote:hey everyone, im back!
like i said, im back looking for a new recommendation.
orange days was recommended to me 2 days ago...
i finished it :]
i think the drama started off slow..but eventually it got better....to the point where i was up till 4 am watching it on a school night XD. the ending wasnt that awesome though...
i really liked the idea of finding a career that suits them best and how they all tried to make the best of what they have...and the cheesy memories of youth also made it an awesome drama :] and of course, the romance between the characters was the cherry on top
thanks fayewolf for recommending me this drama!
so, any other great recommendations for me? pls refer to my last post as to what im interested in..and hopefully my impromptu review of orange days will give you guys an idea of what i like and dont like

am i being incredibly demanding? im sorry..i just like to find good dramas
hope u guys can help me :]
Wow, you're fast, I'm so glad you like it. I think you will really enjoy nodame. It's very funny and very sweet.

jive talkin

Post by jive talkin » Apr 11th, '09, 08:16

toshishita no otoko, katagoshi no koibito, koi ga shitai, aoi tori.

cel

Post by cel » Apr 12th, '09, 09:32

I have just finished watching Seigi no Mikata and
I absolutely loved it. It will keep you entertained through
out the dorama. :D

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 13th, '09, 16:28

As a guy, I find this a little embarrassing, but my wife is complaining that I'm downloading too many romantic dramas and she'd like something a little more adult - like a cop drama. Any suggestions? I already have MAOU.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 13th, '09, 17:38

Maybe SP? Security Police

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 13th, '09, 17:46

ssih wrote:As a guy, I find this a little embarrassing, but my wife is complaining that I'm downloading too many romantic dramas and she'd like something a little more adult - like a cop drama. Any suggestions? I already have MAOU.
bloody monday
Triangle (Highly recommended!!)
Voice
Code Blue

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 13th, '09, 17:58

Well ok then! Triangle it is.

Thanks!

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 14th, '09, 03:21

nanank99 wrote:^^
you should try Nodame Cantabile ... very funny, one of my favorite jdrama
haha yeah nodame will be up next for me. wont be back for awhile tho. got exams so im gunna watch nodame after may :(

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 14th, '09, 03:22

mewific wrote:I just finished "Koi No Chikara" over the weekend and I loved it!!! Good stuff! :cheers: I really like how Fukatsu Eri acted there so much so that I'm currently checking all her dramas. I'm now watching "Slow Dance". I stopped watching this way back because I thought it had a slow start... for some reason, I like it now. *teehee*

Btw, if you liked Orange Days then you'll most probably like Honey and Clover. It has the same feel imho, but Honey and Clover's better (at least for me).
yeah i think i'll give honey & clover another try..since i DID like orange days. i probably just didnt have much patience back then. i will try it out again after nodame ;)

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 14th, '09, 03:25

nokchan wrote:@sweetyam: Give Mei-chan another chance. It gets better and better. And Hiro is looooooove :D

I'm looking for J-Dramas that are adaptions or based on Shakespeare. I know there is one with Inoue Mao. But there must be more.

Tasukete kudasai
lol yeah im gunna give mei-chan another chance too..i really like hiro. loved him since hana kimi. lol mei-chan will be after nodame and honey& clover. damn so manny to watch lol!

sorry :( none of the dramas i've watched are shakespeare based

sweetyam

Post by sweetyam » Apr 14th, '09, 03:27

ssih wrote:sweetyam, I just finished Nodame Cantabile last night, and aside from Nobuta, this is my favorite (I've seen almost 20 series at this point). It's got romance and comedy without the "over the top" kind of Japanese wacky comedy that I find a bit much. Fabulous sound track, if you like classical music.

yep yep nodame is next for me. everyone's telling me to watcch it so i def will! ur the one with the wife that wants more adult-like dramas (i read ur other posts...) lol good luck on triangle!

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 14th, '09, 08:56

ssih wrote:As a guy, I find this a little embarrassing, but my wife is complaining that I'm downloading too many romantic dramas and she'd like something a little more adult - like a cop drama. Any suggestions? I already have MAOU.
Odoru Daisousasen, the best cop drama for many
http://jdorama.com/drama.290.htm

Keizoku, some of the plot twist at the end can seem a bit far-fetched

Ohsama no resutoran, the best ensemble cast and possibly most entertaining jdorama for me

Ruri no shima, there's something special about this one, without the viewers noticing at first

Hitotsu yane no shita 1, my favourite, best family drama for me

4ddd4

Post by 4ddd4 » Apr 14th, '09, 15:58

nokchan wrote:@sweetyam: Give Mei-chan another chance. It gets better and better. And Hiro is looooooove :D

Tasukete kudasai
Yakusha Damashii, you can try this...with Shakespeare theme

Shizukarumi

jdrama....?

Post by Shizukarumi » Apr 15th, '09, 02:02

Can anybody recommend me any jdrama similar to Hotaru no Hikari or Nodame Cantabile?, I like jdramas were the main characters fight but end up together :wub:
I specially loved the characters from Hotaru no Hikari, the only disappointing thing was that I expected a more romantic ending :/

AmukaNuk

Post by AmukaNuk » Apr 15th, '09, 03:24

Hello, and thanks to the community! This is my main resource for all things j-drama.

Anyway, lets get to the point:

I'm part of a club which deals with everything japanese, like video games, anime and etc.

A while ago, I started showing live action series and movies to people, because I was fed up with the fact that everything they showed was just anime, I didnt think it was fair.

Anyway, I need you guys to help me find good live action series to show.

As the age of the people at the club is around 15-25 years old, I need it to be very accessible and accepted by many. I have noticed that comedies do well, and it's really a plus if it's based on the works of anime or manga, but it definitely doesnt need to be anime or manga based. It works just fine if it has that kind of appeal or something like that.

It would be really nice if you guys could come up with something, please make a brief description about the show. It would also be nice if someone could show me how to stay a jour with recent shows.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your work!

dyesan

Post by dyesan » Apr 15th, '09, 14:51

AmukaNuk wrote:Hello, and thanks to the community! This is my main resource for all things j-drama.

Anyway, lets get to the point:

I'm part of a club which deals with everything japanese, like video games, anime and etc.

A while ago, I started showing live action series and movies to people, because I was fed up with the fact that everything they showed was just anime, I didnt think it was fair.

Anyway, I need you guys to help me find good live action series to show.

As the age of the people at the club is around 15-25 years old, I need it to be very accessible and accepted by many. I have noticed that comedies do well, and it's really a plus if it's based on the works of anime or manga, but it definitely doesnt need to be anime or manga based. It works just fine if it has that kind of appeal or something like that.

It would be really nice if you guys could come up with something, please make a brief description about the show. It would also be nice if someone could show me how to stay a jour with recent shows.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your work!
Try GTO

roberta406

AddicTeD To J-DraMaS<3

Post by roberta406 » Apr 15th, '09, 16:12

Hey guys, greetings from Romania, :cheers: ... so... here`s my list:
1.HANA YORI DANGO 1&2.. This was like the best ever.. Shun OGuri fan :wub: :wub:
2.Hana Kimi<3.there were so many hotties
3.NoDaMe CAntaBile ...such a cute guy
4. :Mei-chan no Shitsuji... GREAT
5.Kimi wa petto.. Matsumoto Jun was toooo S-W-E-E-T for this world
6.Yukan CLub-cute
7.Death Note- OMG my fav Anime.. L`s fan
8.Detective Conon- Again, Shun Oguri was the best
I don`t know why you all guys liked Gokusen.. I only watched it for Shun & Jun... but it didn`t impressed me at all

Now I also like the Taiwanesse Dramas 8)
1.Devil Beside YOu- If you haven`t seen this, you guys must watch it
2.Why why love- it has the same actors as the devil beside you<3 MIKE HE IS SOOOO BUT SOOO HOT
3.Brown Sugar:) :-)

AS you see, ROmanian Girls are also Addicted To J-Dramas.. Also right now i`m trying to learn japanese with a great programme....ANd when I say "Ohayo" to my friends they are just staring at me and say things like" Waht did you just say?"
So...J-DraMaS RoCkS, eVen in ROmania ... pupici [it means kisess in Romanian]

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Apr 16th, '09, 18:40

fae_ihateuxoo wrote:hello ..

can you tell where i can watch the ending special of gokusen 3 with english sub.

tnx ..
There isn't any softsub yet as far as I know.
SARS-Fansubs is doing the english translations though. Better wait for the quality ppl! 8)

MisS Lonliah

Re: jdrama....?

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 16th, '09, 18:59

Shizukarumi wrote:Can anybody recommend me any jdrama similar to Hotaru no Hikari or Nodame Cantabile?, I like jdramas were the main characters fight but end up together
hmmm end up together :roll
Celeb to Binbo Taro
Proposal Daisakusen + the Special I recommend it badly :P
and of course Hana Yori Dango
hope this will help u a bit

Shizukarumi

Post by Shizukarumi » Apr 16th, '09, 23:42

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Shizukarumi wrote:Can anybody recommend me any jdrama similar to Hotaru no Hikari or Nodame Cantabile?, I like jdramas were the main characters fight but end up together
Celeb to Binbo Taro
hmm I've seen those except the first one, the other two I didn't actually liked them. But thanks for answering :P
I didn't know there was a special of the second one :O ! I'm gonna watch it because the ending of the series was a bit disappointing

fae_ihateuxoo

Post by fae_ihateuxoo » Apr 17th, '09, 04:12

Moodilic wrote:
fae_ihateuxoo wrote:hello ..

can you tell where i can watch the ending special of gokusen 3 with english sub.

tnx ..
There isn't any softsub yet as far as I know.
SARS-Fansubs is doing the english translations though. Better wait for the quality ppl! 8)

ok..

tnx for the info ..
i'll just wait for it.

Gakkoi

Post by Gakkoi » Apr 17th, '09, 18:47

hi... this is my first time at this forum, and this thread help me much, any suggest for romance comedi with handsome guy >.<

clancy688

Post by clancy688 » Apr 17th, '09, 19:07

Hi, I'm also new to this forum, so hello to everyone. :-)

I'm searching for some J-Doramas with medical and/or rescue themes. I've watched Umizaru, Rescue and Code Blue so far, and if possible I'd like something as good as Code Blue.
So are there any more english subbed medical / rescue series out there, which are good enough to watch? :)

thx for your suggestions

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Apr 17th, '09, 19:49

clancy688 wrote:Hi, I'm also new to this forum, so hello to everyone. :-)

I'm searching for some J-Doramas with medical and/or rescue themes. I've watched Umizaru, Rescue and Code Blue so far, and if possible I'd like something as good as Code Blue.
So are there any more english subbed medical / rescue series out there, which are good enough to watch? :)

thx for your suggestions
Iryu 1 and Iryu 2. Though IMO Iryu 2 is a mess. I'd stick with the original series.

Sakka

Post by Sakka » Apr 18th, '09, 06:48

HELP! I've recently gotten back into dramas. I really love Korean dramas but Japanese is the language I studied for 10 years, so I have some affinity for it, shall we say? :)

HOWEVER...I just can't seem to find any good Jdramas lately. My favorite.. FAVORITE... FAVORITE!!! is "Good Luck!!" :wub: Is there ANYTHING comparable? Thanks...

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 18th, '09, 13:00

Shizukarumi wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
Celeb to Binbo Taro
hmm I've seen those except the first one, the other two I didn't actually liked them. But thanks for answering :P
I didn't know there was a special of the second one :O ! I'm gonna watch it because the ending of the series was a bit disappointing
You must watch the SP, you will find the answers of all of your disappointments there ^^

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 18th, '09, 14:10

Can anyone recommend a drama similar to Konna koi no Hanashi or Love shuffle (romance/comedy/drama, not over the top, smart plotline, no annoying characters, quite moving etc etc)? =p i know im picky >.<

And is there a decent school drama out there similar to uhm..Dragon zakura, my boss my hero, GTO, Nobuta etc?

Jap high school dramas are usually quite good..but there are quite a few which are way over the top and unrealistic to boot like gokusen and hana dango yori which i dislike

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Apr 18th, '09, 16:15

paradox wrote:Can anyone recommend a drama similar to Konna koi no Hanashi or Love shuffle (romance/comedy/drama, not over the top, smart plotline, no annoying characters, quite moving etc etc)? =p i know im picky >.<

And is there a decent school drama out there similar to uhm..Dragon zakura, my boss my hero, GTO, Nobuta etc?

Jap high school dramas are usually quite good..but there are quite a few which are way over the top and unrealistic to boot like gokusen and hana dango yori which i dislike

erm... how about Slow Dance? kinda old (like 5 yrs back), not sure if you have watched that. but nice romance drama.

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 19th, '09, 04:15

paradox wrote:Can anyone recommend a drama similar to Konna koi no Hanashi or Love shuffle (romance/comedy/drama, not over the top, smart plotline, no annoying characters, quite moving etc etc)? =p i know im picky >.<
Orange Days, Long Vacation, Koi no Chikara, Flowers for Algernon
Last edited by xploring on Apr 19th, '09, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 19th, '09, 04:17

thx for your suggestions
Maybe Fireboys

groink

Post by groink » Apr 19th, '09, 04:43

thx for your suggestions
Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kyumei_Byoto_24_Ji
You may find it on the jem tracker as 24hrs Emergency Ward

Blackjack ni Yoroshiku
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Blackjack_ni_Yoroshiku

--- groink

zizzle_stick

fun classroom type dramas

Post by zizzle_stick » Apr 19th, '09, 14:05

hi guys.. i wanna know if you know any more classroom type dramas... i already watched

hana kimi
my boss my hero
honey and clover (but i didn't really like it)
proposal daisakusen
nobuta wo produce
stand up!

i liked those dramas a lot because they're full of "youth" hehe whatever that is:mrgreen:. i like fun shows:thumleft: ... no heavy dramas please.. my friend keeps on telling me to try one litre of tears but after watching last friends i was like, "no way man."

so... any suggestions?? :-)

clancy688

Post by clancy688 » Apr 19th, '09, 18:18

xploring wrote:

thx for your suggestions
Maybe Fireboys
thx for your suggestions, but are there english subtitles for fireboys? I didn't find any. :/

Moodilic

Re: fun classroom type dramas

Post by Moodilic » Apr 19th, '09, 23:57

zizzle_stick wrote:so... any suggestions?? :-)
Then you should watch Dragon Zakura. It's awesome and you'll learn a thing or two I can tell you that 8) .

Proudlikeagod

Post by Proudlikeagod » Apr 20th, '09, 04:59

I just finished watching seigi no mikata, and it was actually really enjoyable to watch. the older sister has some ridiculous luck which makes this show absolutely hillarious.

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 20th, '09, 08:57

clancy688 wrote:
thx for your suggestions, but are there english subtitles for fireboys? I didn't find any. :/
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_14669.htm

You only need to go to the subtitles index.

darkliquids88

Post by darkliquids88 » Apr 20th, '09, 10:33

Is Kurosagi any good?

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 20th, '09, 10:49

I thought Kurosagi was entertaining, but not life-altering. I like both lead actors, although there are some shows (like this), where YamaPi spends most of his time looking quiet and morose. Maybe that's why he was chosen for this particular role. Maki was her usual adorable self, and she did pretty well in this. The "con" plots were rather simplistic. I'm a fan of the British show "Hustle", and those cons were intriguing and well thought-out. The cons (swindles) in Kurosagi were rather one-dimensional. The excellent performance by the "Katsuragi" character makes up for many other shortcomings of the show.

Proudlikeagod

Post by Proudlikeagod » Apr 20th, '09, 21:24

In kurosagi the cons were great and each episode by itself was entertaining, but the overall story wasnt the greatest.

roberta406

Post by roberta406 » Apr 21st, '09, 10:55

Gakkoi wrote:hi... this is my first time at this forum, and this thread help me much, any suggest for romance comedi with handsome guy >.<
Hana yori Dango, Kimi wa petto, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Nodame Cantabile , DEVIL BESIDE YOU, Why why love :wub:

hyun84

Post by hyun84 » Apr 21st, '09, 12:02

hello
i'm new here
I'm searching for some J-Doramas 'Moero Attack' (About volleyball japan team)
this series is very popular around 1988 ( i think so)
can all of u help me how can i find it
i'm very2 want this series

p/s : my english is to bad... i'm sorry

peshti

Post by peshti » Apr 21st, '09, 18:55

Can someone please recommend some good dramas =)?
I know you guys have recommended a lot already, but still.

Anyways, dramas I've watched is, My boss my hero, hana yori dango, last friends, densha otoko and life.
Basically I don't wich jdrama to aim for next!

Thx!

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Apr 24th, '09, 03:05

Can anyone suggest some comedies or romantic comedies for me?

I've really enjoyed:

My Boss My Hero, Mukodono, Hotaru no Hikari, Akimahende, Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru, Tiger and Dragon, Zettai Kareshi, Seigi no Mikata & Nodame Cantabile.

Other ones I've already seen are Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Kimi, Binbo Taro to Celeb, Mei-chan no Hitsuji, & long vacation

ainekaikan

Post by ainekaikan » Apr 25th, '09, 17:31

Hiya, I'm looking for drama recommendations something similar to Haikei, Chichiue-sama or Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. Something with an "in depth" story line. I prefer romances or family dramas with very little comedy in them. I like dramas where the feelings between the characters are real. Also if they hug or kiss in the drama, that it seems real, too.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much. ^^

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 26th, '09, 00:36

ainekaikan wrote:Hiya, I'm looking for drama recommendations something similar to Haikei, Chichiue-sama or Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. Something with an "in depth" story line. I prefer romances or family dramas with very little comedy in them. I like dramas where the feelings between the characters are real. Also if they hug or kiss in the drama, that it seems real, too.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much. ^^
Yasashii Jikan and Kaze no Garden are considered part of a trilogy along with Haikei, Chichiue-sama, though subtitles are not complete for Kaze no Garden.

Another drama that comes to mind is Ruri no shima, and Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikiru Michi (in process of being subbed).

clancy688

Post by clancy688 » Apr 29th, '09, 22:29

groink wrote: Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kyumei_Byoto_24_Ji
You may find it on the jem tracker as 24hrs Emergency Ward

Blackjack ni Yoroshiku
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Blackjack_ni_Yoroshiku
THX, but there are only torrents for season 2 and 3. And I can't find Blackjack. :(