Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Mar 30th, '14, 00:21

J-zavislak wrote:Moshi-moshi (^_^) ...

... Please, do you know some Japanese (only!) dorama about "ocha" (tea)???
I am big tea lover.
Oshiete kudasai <(. .)>
I just found info about tea-related TV drama named 夫婦道 [fuufudo]
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Fufudo (2 seasons on TBS: 2007+ 2009)

Now I am desperately seeking any possibility to watch it (but unfortunately I can not use torrents :cry: ). I will appreciate any help, any advice, any idea...
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 30th, '14, 01:39

@ J-zavislak
There is a (probably pirated) dvd of this on e-bay. That would be an option...

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Mar 30th, '14, 10:25

@ antspace
Thank you very much!
It's interesting information... pirated!? I'm surprised, that DVD has English subtitles!

Boinciel

Post by Boinciel » Mar 30th, '14, 16:48

Looking for jdramas with a significant portion set anywhere between 1869 and 1945. I've seen Carnation and Yae no Sakura so far. I'm particularly interested in the Taisho period. Thanks in advance!

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 30th, '14, 18:47

J-zavislak wrote:@ antspace
Thank you very much!
It's interesting information... pirated!? I'm surprised, that DVD has English subtitles!
Pirated means copied from an original. It's a bit of a gamble. The quality is uncertain...

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Mar 31st, '14, 05:42

J-zavislak wrote:
J-zavislak wrote:Moshi-moshi (^_^) ...

... Please, do you know some Japanese (only!) dorama about "ocha" (tea)???
I am big tea lover.
Oshiete kudasai <(. .)>
I just found info about tea-related TV drama named 夫婦道 [fuufudo]
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Fufudo (2 seasons on TBS: 2007+ 2009)

Now I am desperately seeking any possibility to watch it (but unfortunately I can not use torrents :cry: ). I will appreciate any help, any advice, any idea...
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
Wow, great J-zavislak, you found it. I can't imagine how hard you tried :salut:

By the way, I found the streaming site for this dorama :lol

Unfortunately, the subs is Chinese/Japanese

1st Season - http://www.youku.com/playlist_show/id_803455.html
2nd Season - http://www.56.com/w77/album-aid-7254545.html

You can download the video using either Mozilla add-on (Download helper) or youku software and iCan (56.com) software

I could possibly translate them for you, but it gonna takes long2 time :unsure: since I never sub from scratch (timing,etc) before :roll

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Mar 31st, '14, 07:32

Boinciel wrote:Looking for jdramas with a significant portion set anywhere between 1869 and 1945. I've seen Carnation and Yae no Sakura so far. I'm particularly interested in the Taisho period. Thanks in advance!
I'm not into that kind of dorama, but you might find this interesting (http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread ... -and-Films)

Especially the Taishō Period:
- Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi
- Snowy Love Fall in Spring

Hopefully those helps :cheers:

Boinciel

Post by Boinciel » Apr 2nd, '14, 03:57

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be sure to check them out later.

Zashiki Warashi

Post by Zashiki Warashi » Apr 2nd, '14, 11:25

hype8750 wrote:
Zashiki Warashi wrote:
hype8750 wrote:
for a family drama:
Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hayami-san_to_Yobareru_Hi

and for school related drama..mmm..maybe Yamada-kun?
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yamada-kun_to_Nananin_no_Majo

:-)
Thank you for replying :wub:

- Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi
does it have anything inappropriate? :roll
the story kinda...hmmmm I dont know too serious...

Nah...dont let the description on dramawiki fools you.
its actually quite fun. :D
maybe you should give it a try for 1-2 epsd? :lol
ok, I will give it a try
Thank You
:cheers:

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Apr 2nd, '14, 19:56

zenith777 wrote: By the way, I found the streaming site for this dorama :lol
Unfortunately, the subs is Chinese/Japanese

1st Season - http://www.youku.com/playlist_show/id_803455.html
2nd Season - http://www.56.com/w77/album-aid-7254545.html

You can download the video using either Mozilla add-on (Download helper) or youku software and iCan (56.com) software

I could possibly translate them for you, but it gonna takes long2 time :unsure: since I never sub from scratch (timing,etc) before :roll
Dear 'zenith777', thank you really very very much!!!
I am very happy finally to be able to watch it ... well, somehow ...

Frankly, it is the first time for me, to see Chinese web! And it is something from outer space...
I was fighting with download so long, but it exceeded the limits of my patience. It made me so tired...

You are so kind offering me translation, but I'd really prefer if somebody can upload this to something "bearable", e.g. mega...
Even without any English subs and in that bad quality I wish to watch it, because I love Japanese tea so much!

Dareka, tasukete... onegaishimasu m(_ _)m

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Apr 3rd, '14, 11:12

J-zavislak wrote: I am very happy finally to be able to watch it ... well, somehow ...

Frankly, it is the first time for me, to see Chinese web! And it is something from outer space...
I was fighting with download so long, but it exceeded the limits of my patience. It made me so tired...

You are so kind offering me translation, but I'd really prefer if somebody can upload this to something "bearable", e.g. mega...
Even without any English subs and in that bad quality I wish to watch it, because I love Japanese tea so much!

Dareka, tasukete... onegaishimasu m(_ _)m
Hi J-zavislak, I'm downloading it right now using youku software.
I can split the video into several chucks using HJSplit (a really handy windows software to split or join), so that you can download them in bearable xx MB.
Do you have any preference on how many MB for each chunk?

Apparently, I found software in this thread to separate subtitle from hard-subbed video. This will help the english sub faster :lol
I guess, I will upload the original video from youku. By the time being, I'll start subbing them slowly :mrgreen:

Somehow, I can understand your feelings about loving Japanese tea so much. I'm the fans of Ryoko Hirosue (see my profile picture :P) and in the old times, I always try every possibilities to get her old dorama that was nowhere in d-addicts just as you try to find your loved dorama :lol

The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger » Apr 3rd, '14, 11:22

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked before (!), but can anyone recommend a good "drama" jdrama along the likes of Mother and Woman?

aera

Post by aera » Apr 3rd, '14, 14:03

The Lone Ranger wrote:Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked before (!), but can anyone recommend a good "drama" jdrama along the likes of Mother and Woman?
Aishiteru (Kaiyou+Kizuna), Miporin no Ekubo [SP], Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien [SP].

Otherwise, you can watch another drama that written by Sakamoto Yuji.

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Apr 3rd, '14, 16:58

zenith777 wrote: Hi J-zavislak], I'm downloading it right now using youku software.
I can split the video into several chucks using HJSplit (a really handy windows software to split or join), so that you can download them in bearable xx MB.
Do you have any preference on how many MB for each chunk? l
Dear 'zenith777'!
You are my hero!!! Makotoni arigatoo gozaimasu m(_ _)m
I really appreciate your help very much, especially now, when I am pretty busy and moreover I don't feel quite well (>_<)
I think I have no special preference ... about splitting the files, now I try Total Commander.
No problem.
Oh yeah, Hirosue Ryoko!! I love her too - since "Beach boys" dorama. And she is beautiful, well it's really nice to see your avatar and other photo here (^__^)
Soredewa, mata (^_^)/"

judithdayao

Post by judithdayao » Apr 5th, '14, 07:34

hello!!! it feels so refreshing to laugh and forget your worries right? i hope someone will recommend to me japanese dramas where I can laugh out loud like it's the end of the world :lol i'm getting stressed in university so I thought comedy jdramas will help me, somewhat forget my worries and bad mood :D onegaishimasu~ :-)

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Apr 5th, '14, 15:38

judithdayao wrote:...it feels so refreshing to laugh and forget your worries right? i hope someone will recommend to me japanese dramas where I can laugh ...
Dear judithdayao,
I can recommend for example following works:

ちびまる子ちゃん [=CHIBI MARUKO CHAN] ="Bitty Maruko" / live-action 3+3 ep.dorama / 2006 / on Fuji TV

デカワンコ [=DEKA WANKO] dorama / 10 ep.dorama / 2011 / on NTV

ホタルノヒカリ [=HOTARU NO HIKARI] ="Glow of fireflies" / 10 ep.dorama / 2007 / on NTV

ホタルノヒカリ2 [=HOTARU NO HIKARI tsuu] / 11 ep.dorama / 2010 / on NTV

かずら [=KAZURA] ="Wig" / movie 2010 / director TSUKAMOTO Renpei

Don't worry, be happy (^___^)/

ShiBaru11

Post by ShiBaru11 » Apr 9th, '14, 08:56

judithdayao wrote:hello!!! it feels so refreshing to laugh and forget your worries right? i hope someone will recommend to me japanese dramas where I can laugh out loud like it's the end of the world :lol i'm getting stressed in university so I thought comedy jdramas will help me, somewhat forget my worries and bad mood :D onegaishimasu~ :-)
Hi there....
I can recommend some dramas but to provide the links might be a bit troubled....
1 - Kisarazu Cat's Eye (you'll laugh till you forget the world, trust me)
2 - My Boss My Hero
3 - Otomen
4 - Hanazakari Kimitachi e
5 - 33-pun Tantei
6 - GTO is quite good too

Try searching for these and I'm pretty sure one of them will make you laugh....

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Apr 10th, '14, 03:52

judithdayao wrote:hello!!! it feels so refreshing to laugh and forget your worries right? i hope someone will recommend to me japanese dramas where I can laugh out loud like it's the end of the world :lol i'm getting stressed in university so I thought comedy jdramas will help me, somewhat forget my worries and bad mood :D onegaishimasu~ :-)
Hmm... I would recommend :

1. Papa to Musume No Nanokakan (Hilarious One!!)
Synopsis
This home comedy tells the story of Kyoichiro (Tachi Hiroshi) and his teenage daughter Koume (Aragaki Yui). One day, the two ride a train together after visiting Kyoichiro's mother-in-law. He sees it as a chance to get to know his daughter better, but he ends up getting more than that - by some mysterious force, both Kyoichiro and Koume end up with their mind in the other's body! Unfortunately, they have no choice but to swap lives, pretending to be each other at school and work.

2. My Boss My Hero
Synopsis
Sakaki Makio, also known as "Tornado" is a tough 27-year-old high school drop-out. By academic standards, he's pretty dumb. His father decides to force Makio to return to high school to receive his diploma and he asks an old friend who happens to be the principal of a nearby school to admit Makio. If Makio doesn't graduate, the position of boss will be given to his younger brother, Mikio.

Furthermore, he must pose as a 17-year-old during school hours and in the presence of any classmates or teachers outside of school. If his cover is blown, it would be the end of his high school career as well as his hopes to become boss. Things start out rough and tough as Makio's violent temper is tested. As the lessons and days go by he learns there is much more to school than just tests and studying.
Ahh... I remember one more (not really funny) that can motivate you up to study hard :study:
3. Dragon Zakura
Synopsis
Sakuragi Kenji is a destitute lawyer and one-time member of a motorcyle gang trying to guide failing high school students with an average score of 36 into Japan's most prestigious educational institution, Tokyo University (Toudai).

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!"

For no other reason than Sakuragi's personal ambition, he has advertised his intention to produce 5 successful Toudai applicants from the students of a nearly bankrupt failure of a school.

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!" He will get them from this lowest of all schools into Japan's number one!!

Our protagonist, Sakuragi Kenji, played by Abe Hiroshi in his first role as a high school teacher, is a must see in this summer's new show. This third rate lawyer soon becomes the homeroom teacher for the special advanced class aiming for Toudai University entrance. Hasegawa Kyouko costars as english teacher and Sakuragi's opponent, and Yamashita Tomohisa from NEWS and Nagasawa Masami also appear in the role of students. This awaited original work and fascinating world view is brought to you from the popular serialized comic in Shuukan Morning (Kodansha) and has even been updated!

In addition to revealing essential test taking techniques for everyone who wants to know how to get into Toudai, Dragon Zakura will also teach the essentials of living one's life.
Papa to Musume No Nanokakan is the funnnniest one for me because it's not focusing on lovey-dovey story, but focusing on deadly funny story itself :tv: :cheers:

judithdayao

Post by judithdayao » Apr 10th, '14, 13:06

J-zavislak wrote:
judithdayao wrote:...it feels so refreshing to laugh and forget your worries right? i hope someone will recommend to me japanese dramas where I can laugh ...
Dear judithdayao,
I can recommend for example following works:

ちびまる子ちゃん [=CHIBI MARUKO CHAN] ="Bitty Maruko" / live-action 3+3 ep.dorama / 2006 / on Fuji TV

デカワンコ [=DEKA WANKO] dorama / 10 ep.dorama / 2011 / on NTV

ホタルノヒカリ [=HOTARU NO HIKARI] ="Glow of fireflies" / 10 ep.dorama / 2007 / on NTV

ホタルノヒカリ2 [=HOTARU NO HIKARI tsuu] / 11 ep.dorama / 2010 / on NTV

かずら [=KAZURA] ="Wig" / movie 2010 / director TSUKAMOTO Renpei

Don't worry, be happy (^___^)/
I already watched Hotaru no Hikari season 1 and 2 and the movie :D I so love it!!! I'll put the others on my list :D thank you so much!!

judithdayao

Post by judithdayao » Apr 10th, '14, 13:08

ShiBaru11 wrote:
Hi there....
I can recommend some dramas but to provide the links might be a bit troubled....
1 - Kisarazu Cat's Eye (you'll laugh till you forget the world, trust me)
2 - My Boss My Hero
3 - Otomen
4 - Hanazakari Kimitachi e
5 - 33-pun Tantei
6 - GTO is quite good too

Try searching for these and I'm pretty sure one of them will make you laugh....
I watched all of those except 33-pun Tantei :) YES KISARAZU CAT'S EYE IS CRAAAAZY XD thank you so much :-)

judithdayao

Post by judithdayao » Apr 10th, '14, 13:19

zenith777 wrote:
Hmm... I would recommend :

1. Papa to Musume No Nanokakan (Hilarious One!!)
Synopsis
This home comedy tells the story of Kyoichiro (Tachi Hiroshi) and his teenage daughter Koume (Aragaki Yui). One day, the two ride a train together after visiting Kyoichiro's mother-in-law. He sees it as a chance to get to know his daughter better, but he ends up getting more than that - by some mysterious force, both Kyoichiro and Koume end up with their mind in the other's body! Unfortunately, they have no choice but to swap lives, pretending to be each other at school and work.

2. My Boss My Hero
Synopsis
Sakaki Makio, also known as "Tornado" is a tough 27-year-old high school drop-out. By academic standards, he's pretty dumb. His father decides to force Makio to return to high school to receive his diploma and he asks an old friend who happens to be the principal of a nearby school to admit Makio. If Makio doesn't graduate, the position of boss will be given to his younger brother, Mikio.

Furthermore, he must pose as a 17-year-old during school hours and in the presence of any classmates or teachers outside of school. If his cover is blown, it would be the end of his high school career as well as his hopes to become boss. Things start out rough and tough as Makio's violent temper is tested. As the lessons and days go by he learns there is much more to school than just tests and studying.
Ahh... I remember one more (not really funny) that can motivate you up to study hard :study:
3. Dragon Zakura
Synopsis
Sakuragi Kenji is a destitute lawyer and one-time member of a motorcyle gang trying to guide failing high school students with an average score of 36 into Japan's most prestigious educational institution, Tokyo University (Toudai).

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!"

For no other reason than Sakuragi's personal ambition, he has advertised his intention to produce 5 successful Toudai applicants from the students of a nearly bankrupt failure of a school.

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!" He will get them from this lowest of all schools into Japan's number one!!

Our protagonist, Sakuragi Kenji, played by Abe Hiroshi in his first role as a high school teacher, is a must see in this summer's new show. This third rate lawyer soon becomes the homeroom teacher for the special advanced class aiming for Toudai University entrance. Hasegawa Kyouko costars as english teacher and Sakuragi's opponent, and Yamashita Tomohisa from NEWS and Nagasawa Masami also appear in the role of students. This awaited original work and fascinating world view is brought to you from the popular serialized comic in Shuukan Morning (Kodansha) and has even been updated!

In addition to revealing essential test taking techniques for everyone who wants to know how to get into Toudai, Dragon Zakura will also teach the essentials of living one's life.
Papa to Musume No Nanokakan is the funnnniest one for me because it's not focusing on lovey-dovey story, but focusing on deadly funny story itself :tv: :cheers:
My Boss My Hero is one of the best! I gotta try Papa to Musume No Nanokakan coz Gakky is in there :D thank you so much for the suggestions~ :)

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Apr 11th, '14, 19:51

judithdayao wrote:I already watched Hotaru no Hikari season 1 and 2 and the movie :D I so love it!!! I'll put the others on my list :D thank you so much!!
You're welcome!

I agree with other recommendations, especially "Papa to Musume No Nanokakan" is very nice as well as "33-pun Tantei"!

Now I'm watching "Yamada Taroo Monogatari" (The Story of Yamada Taro / TBS, 2007) and this is also great!

judithdayao

Post by judithdayao » Apr 12th, '14, 05:00

You're welcome!

I agree with other recommendations, especially "Papa to Musume No Nanokakan" is very nice as well as "33-pun Tantei"!

Now I'm watching "Yamada Taroo Monogatari" (The Story of Yamada Taro / TBS, 2007) and this is also great!
i remember when i watched Yamada Taro Monogatari when i was still a newbie in jdrama and ARASHI :wub: i was so shocked..coz it was so funny XD

Crovaz90

Post by Crovaz90 » Apr 17th, '14, 16:45

Hello all,

I've recently started watching dramas (with japanese subtitles) as a learning tool, and it has been going surprisingly well.
However, a big part of it comes down to finding easily accessible dramas.

I would like for people to recommend me a few not-too-complex shows about everyday life, relationships, friendship, ecc.

A couple examples to better explain what I'm looking for, and what I would rather avoid:
  • 1) The first Drama I watched was Last Friends. With subtitles on, I could understand most of it.
    The lexicon used by the characters is not very challenging and there is no "technical" side to it.
  • 2) Then I tried to watch Hanzawa Naoki, because as a show it seemed much more interesting.
    However, I quickly realized that my japanese is not at the level yet where I can follow it. (Too many business-related vocabs, some characters using very "Street-level" language...)
  • 3) I also had issues with Legal High. Since it's a comedy there is a lot more over-the-top stuff, and the legal jargon is too big a part to ignore.
So yeah, any Drama along the lines of Last Friends - simple, deals with everyday life - would be great.
The more suggestions the better. (Higher chance of being able to find japanese subs for it)

Thanks for reading this post.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Apr 17th, '14, 17:19

Crovaz90 wrote:Hello all,

I've recently started watching dramas (with japanese subtitles) as a learning tool, and it has been going surprisingly well.

I would like for people to recommend me a few not-too-complex shows about everyday life, relationships, friendship, ecc.

So yeah, any Drama along the lines of Last Friends - simple, deals with everyday life - would be great.
The more suggestions the better. (Higher chance of being able to find japanese subs for it)
Hmm... I would suggest:

1. Summer Nude
Synopsis - Mikuriya Asahi works as a photographer for weddings and school events in a sea side town. Chiyohara Natsuki works at a famous Italian restaurant in Tokyo. On her wedding day, her husband-to-be jilts her, and as the photographer hired for the occasion, that is the first encounter between the two. A disillusioned Natsuki, decides to move to the same seaside town as Asahi, where she works as a cook at 「Aoyama」. She befriends Taniyama Hanae, who has been secretly in love with Asahi for 10 long years. Unfortunately for Hanae, Asahi only sees her as an old friend, and nothing more. Having found out about Hanae's love for Asahi, Natsuki encourages Hanae and gives her emotional support in trying to capture Asahi's heart. However, Asahi cannot forget his girlfriend Kasumi, who had suddenly disappeared 3 years ago.
An unforgettable love that is held on fast in the heart. With the power of summer, the heart is stripped bare and starts afresh for all three of them. --Fuji TV
2. Freeter Ie Wo Kau
Synopsis - The story revolves around Take Seiji, who quits his job after three months. With no dreams, no savings, and a poor relationship with his family, he becomes a hikikomori. However, after his mother falls ill with depression, he ends up having to take on a part-time job at a construction site. Because of that, he soon decides to work towards rebuilding his life: "Even though I'm just a freeter, I'm going to buy a house for the sake of my family." One of the people he meets at the construction site is Chiba Manami, who graduated from a top-class university and joined a well-known general contracting firm. Manami is the complete opposite of Seiji. But while their personalities clash at first, they gradually come to understand each other. --Tokyograph
3. Proposal Daisakusen (this is more to romance story, but it has everyday life repetition - you will know once you watch it :P )
Synopsis - Iwase Ken and Yoshida Rei have been friends since elementary school. Ken, is obstinate and unskilled in love, but he fell long ago for the lively and cheerful, Rei. But Rei is about to get married to another man. While Ken and other friends from high-school attend the wedding ceremony, a fairy appears and sends Ken back in time, giving him a second chance to win the girl he loves.
Old dorama, but matches with your criteria would be:
4. Oyaji
Synopsis - He's the ultimate in cantankerous dads! Internist Kanzaki Kanichi, father of three, is a meddlesome know-it-all. He lectures not only his family and patients, but even strangers' children, and young lovers kissing on the street. His kids are on the verge of rebellion, but fortunately, their mother Miyako keeps them mollified. --KIKU-TV
5. Otousan
Synopsis - Following the death of his dear wife, a man was left to raise their four daughters on his own. It hasn't been easy and his daughters always seem unsatisfied and arguments are an everyday occurrence. All of them have a secret they can't bring themselves to tell him. The oldest Yu has decided to leave her husband and child and return home. The responsible second daughter, Akira has decided to have another go at her dreams and is planning to leave home. The third daughter, Makoto is a nurse who lacks self-confidence and is secretly renting an apartment so she can live with a dullard. The youngest daughter, Kei has played piano since she was a child but thinks she has gone as far as she can and wants to quit music school. Then one day, he announces he is remarrying. The daughters aren't happy and as they set about trying to stop their father they begin to examine their own lives and personal philosophies in the heart-warming drama.
Btw, dorama #4 and #5 have similarities in terms of both story and actors/actresses :lol

Crovaz90

Post by Crovaz90 » Apr 17th, '14, 17:39

zenith777 wrote: Hmm... I would suggest:

Btw, dorama #4 and #5 have similarities in terms of both story and actors/actresses :lol
Thanks for the great suggestions!

I think I'll start with Summer Nude then.

The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger » Apr 18th, '14, 07:41

aera wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:Hello all,

Aishiteru (Kaiyou+Kizuna), Miporin no Ekubo [SP], Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien [SP].

Otherwise, you can watch another drama that written by Sakamoto Yuji.
Thanks for the suggestions!

I might watch Soredemo, Ikite Yuku.

Raito

Post by Raito » Apr 18th, '14, 19:05

Hi! Just blitzed through Hanzawa Naoki... Wow. Easily one of the best JDramas I've ever seen. I'm fairly critical with TV shows and I've only been impressed by a very select few Japanese ones. I'm really into shows where there's good writing and acting involved, Japan has this habit of using many idols for acting in shows and sometimes it can be good, sometimes very bad. I want an actor/actress to be good at acting, not just looking the part. That's why I loved Hanzawa Naoki, that was good acting all over the place, and the writing was also really well done. The bank and all the situations felt very genuine and real, which isn't something I'd say about a lot of Japanese shows (like I said, I just have high standards, don't mind it).

So with that in mind, does anyone have anything with the quality of Hanzawa Naoki to recommend? I've already started getting Legal High since it seemed somewhat similar. I don't want comedy, love stories or shows where there's a new story every episode (unless it's extremely good every ep), I've seen lots of those already.

Thanks! :cheers: :w00t:

(Hanzawa Naoki spoiler:)
I mean, pretty much all of the scenes where Naoki lays out the verbal punishment just gets your blood pumping doesn't it? I was smiling so hard when he finally nailed that ass at the end!

in2sky
Japan

Beach stuff...

Post by in2sky » Apr 28th, '14, 20:52

Was thinking of beach dramas today (as I just finished last year's Summer Nude).

Any recommendations ?

Here's my current top 3...

1. Beach Boys
2. Taiyo no Uta
3. Summer Nude '13

LayedBack

Post by LayedBack » May 7th, '14, 20:34

Hi guys, I'm new here, and new to watching jdramas and Japanese TV in general. It's great to find at least one torrent site that is really focused on this sort of thing

What I'm looking for are recommendations for dramas that use basic language. Something ideal for someone who is just starting to learn Japanese, but is only a beginner with a low level comprehension for listening.

Wouldn't be surprised if this topic has come up before as well, so open to any links for this discussion there might be as well of course. And thanks muchly. ^^

totorolover1292

Where to watch J-dramas

Post by totorolover1292 » Jun 6th, '14, 05:25

What j-dramas would you recommend, and where to watch them? I recently watched "Why I Can't Find My Love," on dramafever! It was great :lol I love romantic comedies, so any recommendations along those lines would work....thanks! :D

zenith777

Re: Where to watch J-dramas

Post by zenith777 » Jun 6th, '14, 06:51

totorolover1292 wrote:What j-dramas would you recommend, and where to watch them? I recently watched "Why I Can't Find My Love," on dramafever! It was great :lol I love romantic comedies, so any recommendations along those lines would work....thanks! :D
Ahh...Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu, indeed an interesting and funny one XD
For similar drama, I would recommend:
1. Kekkon Shinai
2. Share House No Koibito
3. Love Shuffle

How to download drama from d-addicts.com:
1. You need to have any torrent program to download the drama from this website (mostly people using utorrent)
2. After installing torrent program, you can visit d-addicts torrent and find the drama by typing in the search torrent box
3. After you see the drama in the torrent list, you just need to click the arrow down button on the right side (usually the green arrow is always working). This will download .torrent file.
4. Then, you just need to open .torrent file using the torrent program you installed before and wait until it's start downloading :-)
5. After the download progress reached 100%, you may need to download the english subtitle from the subtitle index on the top left menu box and find the drama title.
6. Last thing, you need to open the video and import the subtitle you got before.
Hopefully that helps :lol For more details information, you can have a look here

MikMix04

Can you recommend a J-Drama that is funny like LegalHigh

Post by MikMix04 » Jun 12th, '14, 19:46

I like dramas that are funny, Legal High is my favorite. Is there any Dramas you can recommend that are very funny like Legal High?

zenith777

Re: Can you recommend a J-Drama that is funny like LegalHigh

Post by zenith777 » Jun 13th, '14, 10:04

MikMix04 wrote:I like dramas that are funny, Legal High is my favorite. Is there any Dramas you can recommend that are very funny like Legal High?
Legal High is funny in its own unique way, I'm not sure my recommendation can satisfy you :unsure: but you might try (in ordered) :

1. Love Shuffle
=> Shuffle Lovers between 5 couple, I laugh a lot watching this couple years ago :tv:

2. My Boss My Hero
=> The leading actress is same with Legal High (Yui Aragaki)
=> Yakuza boss tries to graduate from High School, his behavior is very funny plus yui superb acting :lol

3. Papa to Musume No Nanokakan
=> Yui Aragaki as leading actress too
=> The body got switch between Yui and her father, then they played their role
=> It's very funny when Papa (her father) act like a girl and the other way around :mrgreen:

4. Otto no Kanojo
=> The main idea of this story is the same with No.3, but this is between Colleague and Housewife

J-zavislak

Re: Can you recommend a J-Drama that is funny like LegalHigh

Post by J-zavislak » Jun 13th, '14, 22:16

zenith777 wrote:Love Shuffle ...
My Boss My Hero ...
Papa to Musume No Nanokakan ...
Otto no Kanojo
Yes, yes, yes! I agree with "zenith777" absolutely!

panadol

Post by panadol » Jun 24th, '14, 15:40

hi everyone... can anyone recommend any good dramas like Okane ga nai or Hanzawa Naoki or salaryman kentaro or priceless or shopping hero... I really love these types of dramas...

anne89

Post by anne89 » Jun 28th, '14, 17:12

Hi, can someone suggest me any drama which are kind of like Kekkon Shinai or Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu?
I love those real-life themed, beatiful scened dramas.
I also love Real Clothes and Namonaki Doku, if anyone have any suggestion then please tell me, thank you!

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Jun 28th, '14, 22:18

panadol wrote:hi everyone... can anyone recommend any good dramas like Okane ga nai or Hanzawa Naoki or salaryman kentaro or priceless or shopping hero... I really love these types of dramas...
Hi!
I love the same :D
and I have enjoyed also e.g. "Tetsu no hone" (NHK, 2010), "Change" (Fuji tv, 2008 /this is more about politics), "Haken no Hinkaku" (NTV, 2007 /"The Pride of the Temp"), "Magma" (Wowow, 2012), "Pretty girls" (TBS, 2002), "Rich man, poor woman" (Fuji tv, 2012) ...

panadol

Post by panadol » Jun 29th, '14, 15:48

J-zavislak wrote:
panadol wrote:hi everyone... can anyone recommend any good dramas like Okane ga nai or Hanzawa Naoki or salaryman kentaro or priceless or shopping hero... I really love these types of dramas...
Hi!
I love the same :D
and I have enjoyed also e.g. "Tetsu no hone" (NHK, 2010), "Change" (Fuji tv, 2008 /this is more about politics), "Haken no Hinkaku" (NTV, 2007 /"The Pride of the Temp"), "Magma" (Wowow, 2012), "Pretty girls" (TBS, 2002), "Rich man, poor woman" (Fuji tv, 2012) ...
hi I would try these dramas... I've seen Change and Rich man, poor woman... both are not bad... rich man poor woman is somewhat like story of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates romance version lol... Change is pretty good... I thought it will be boring politic shits... :D

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Jun 29th, '14, 16:39

anne89 wrote:Hi, can someone suggest me any drama which are kind of like Kekkon Shinai or Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu?
I love those real-life themed, beatiful scened dramas.
I also love Real Clothes and Namonaki Doku, if anyone have any suggestion then please tell me, thank you!
Hi~
hmm, maybe you can enjoy e.g. dorama of Fuji tv (2000) "Brand" [burando] - wiki.d-addicts.com/Brand ...

TwinnyBlue

Post by TwinnyBlue » Jun 29th, '14, 17:22

Hello!

I'm new here and I've watched only a few Japanese dramas. I really want to know more and more of them!

My favourite is "1 Litre of Tears", surely.

Would you recommend me similiar ones? I love deep and touching stories, with a sense of realism or based on a true event.

I also like dramas based on historical facts.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cakecicle

Post by Cakecicle » Jun 30th, '14, 09:52

Hi :whistling:
Just started watching Jdrama, is there anything else like Unubore Deka, Legal High, Bengoshi no Kuzu, Tokumei Tantei, Gokusen... ?
Generally just comedies but with little to no romance (like in Unubore Deka or Gokusen, Legal High 2 though was just :cussing: ).

rakachinotohi

Post by rakachinotohi » Jun 30th, '14, 14:10

I've watched Freeter Ie Wo Kau in Japanese class and you seem to be at a similar level, so I gotta say this might be very suitable. If you liked Last Friends, then Sunao ni narenakute might also be a good one for you! :)
TwinnyBlue wrote:I'm new here and I've watched only a few Japanese dramas. I really want to know more and more of them!

Would you recommend me similiar ones? I love deep and touching stories, with a sense of realism or based on a true event.
Something similar to 1LOT is the drama 'Good Life - Arigatou Papa Sayonara'. I can also recommend 'Home Drama' which was very touching and realistic.

TwinnyBlue

Post by TwinnyBlue » Jun 30th, '14, 21:00

rakachinotohi wrote:

I've watched Freeter Ie Wo Kau in Japanese class and you seem to be at a similar level, so I gotta say this might be very suitable. If you liked Last Friends, then Sunao ni narenakute might also be a good one for you! :)
TwinnyBlue wrote:I'm new here and I've watched only a few Japanese dramas. I really want to know more and more of them!

Something similar to 1LOT is the drama 'Good Life - Arigatou Papa Sayonara'. I can also recommend 'Home Drama' which was very touching and realistic.
Thank you very much! I'll check every drama you mentioned. =)

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Jun 30th, '14, 21:49

TwinnyBlue wrote:...My favourite is "1 Litre of Tears", surely.
Would you recommend me similiar ones?...
Hi TwinnyBlue!
I love e.g. these "incurable disease" doramas:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Beautiful_Rain (!!!)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Taiyo_no_Uta
I think you can enjoy it too, maybe...

TwinnyBlue

Post by TwinnyBlue » Jun 30th, '14, 22:08

J-zavislak wrote:
Hi TwinnyBlue!
I love e.g. these "incurable disease" doramas:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Beautiful_Rain (!!!)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Taiyo_no_Uta
I think you can enjoy it too, maybe...
Thank you! I'll check them too. ;) Unfortunately, it seems the torrent links in D-Addicts have no seeds... :(

ADDIE007

How about the Japanese Drama - PS Senpai - Koichi Domoto?

Post by ADDIE007 » Jun 30th, '14, 23:00

I have this drama in dvd but with no English subtitles. It stars Koichi Domoto of the famous Kini Kids and to-date I haven;t been able to find it available with English subs.

It is a great adult drama and certainly one of his best!

:w00t: Hope some-one out there can upload it with English subs - it would make for some great hours of drama watching.
Thanks! :wub:

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 1st, '14, 03:35

If it's melancholic and a bit romance type of dorama, I would suggest
- Beautiful Life - torrent here
- Summer Snow - torrent here

Well, I remembered Beautiful Life's seed is still active a month ago and hopefully still by now :lol, but I'm not sure with Summer Snow :unsure:

TwinnyBlue

Post by TwinnyBlue » Jul 1st, '14, 19:56

zenith777 wrote:
If it's melancholic and a bit romance type of dorama, I would suggest
- Beautiful Life - torrent here
- Summer Snow - torrent here

Well, I remembered Beautiful Life's seed is still active a month ago and hopefully still by now :lol, but I'm not sure with Summer Snow :unsure:
Thank you very much! It seems they're are still active! =)

Thanks everyone for being so helpful! =)

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Jul 17th, '14, 11:31

are there any comedies out this summer as far as jdrama?

dingkun

Post by dingkun » Jul 22nd, '14, 10:45

Hi. I'm not familiar anymore with jdramas this time because of korean series. Can anyone suggest a good jdrama?

Drama/Action/Comedy/Suspense

Thank You...

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 22nd, '14, 10:57

dingkun wrote:Hi. I'm not familiar anymore with jdramas this time because of korean series. Can anyone suggest a good jdrama?

Drama/Action/Comedy/Suspense

Thank You...
I'm not sure if these would satisfy because you asked quite general ones :sweat:
Btw, this is comedy and romance

1. Love Shuffle
=> Shuffle Lovers between 5 couple, I laugh a lot watching this couple years ago :tv:

2. My Boss My Hero
=> Yakuza boss tries to graduate from High School, his behavior is very funny plus yui superb acting :lol

3. Papa to Musume No Nanokakan
=> The body got switch between daughter and her father, then they played their role
=> It's very funny when father act like a girl and the other way around :mrgreen:

4. Otto no Kanojo
=> The main idea of this story is the same with No.3, but this is between Colleague and Housewife due to affair rumour[/quote]

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Jul 26th, '14, 13:28

summer drama season is surprisingly depressing, I don't see any good comedy... any hint of something good?

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Aug 22nd, '14, 08:22

Same, I'm a bit sick of K-Drama since there isn't one I didn't see that catch my attention.
I saw very few jdrama, so any jdrama (don't care if it's recent or not) anyone can recommand with those condition :
- romantic/comedy at least (with happy ending for the main couple)
- don't care if it's cliche or not a great drama
- Don't care if there is a triangle, but the third party should not be more important than the two main character (I hate when the main woman is in love with the second guy and they are happy together, until an event happen like a deus ex machinae just to go with the main couple. example of kdrama : I Really Really Like You or Paradise Ranch)
- Main characters are adult (I mean at least 20+), so no High School dramas, except if it focus on the teachers.

So mostly as long as it's happy, funny and cheesy xD

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Aug 22nd, '14, 08:40

Morphin wrote:Same, I'm a bit sick of K-Drama since there isn't one I didn't see that catch my attention.
I saw very few jdrama, so any jdrama (don't care if it's recent or not) anyone can recommand with those condition :
- romantic/comedy at least (with happy ending for the main couple)
- don't care if it's cliche or not a great drama
- Don't care if there is a triangle, but the third party should not be more important than the two main character (I hate when the main woman is in love with the second guy and they are happy together, until an event happen like a deus ex machinae just to go with the main couple. example of kdrama : I Really Really Like You or Paradise Ranch)
- Main characters are adult (I mean at least 20+), so no High School dramas, except if it focus on the teachers.

So mostly as long as it's happy, funny and cheesy xD
Rom-coms involving adults:
Love Shuffle
Nodame Cantabile
Love Revolution
Long Vacation
Love Generation
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Hotaru no Hikari

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Aug 22nd, '14, 08:57

Thanks, I'll check those (except love shuffle that I already have and nodame cantabile since I have the manga)

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Aug 22nd, '14, 10:47

Morphin wrote:...... So mostly as long as it's happy, funny and cheesy xD
I'll add up some more if you're okay :sweat:
1. Last Cinderella - romantical :P
2. Shitsuren Chocolatier - really funny and cute drama (really recommend this) :wub:
Happy watching~! :cheers:

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Aug 22nd, '14, 11:41

" I'll add up some more if you're okay :sweat: "
Of course I'm okay =)

Thanks

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Aug 22nd, '14, 14:40

Morphin wrote:Thanks, I'll check those (except love shuffle that I already have and nodame cantabile since I have the manga)
Well, the live-action follows the manga quite closely. I think it's worth a watch (unless you watched it already). The music is a definite plus for the live-action. There's also an anime series.

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Aug 22nd, '14, 20:51

So from what you pinpointed, I think I'll start with Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (I liked the 2009 Kdrama), then Shitsuren Chocolatier, the 2 seasons of Hotaru no Hikari and lastly Love Revolution

Love Vacation, Love Generation and Last Cinderella I'm not too atracted by the plot... Maybe I'll try them later...

Just saw Otto no Kanojo, it was heartwarming a bit funny and touching. Lacking some romance (I'd like something like the manga Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie. So like Otto no Kanojo for the touching family moments but with more romance... Maybe the switching bodies isn't a good start for that, it could turn ugly if you add romance xD Maybe starting as a divorcee, like the manga (or more exactly separated in the manga) or widowed. Remind me somewhat of the kdrama Second Proposal xD)

arukueido

Post by arukueido » Aug 25th, '14, 15:04

I'm looking for j-dramas which I can learn about Japan. Like Nihonjin no shiranai nihongo. Is there anything similar? I've watched lots of j-dramas but this one was rather unique with lots of foreign actors and foreign perspective.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Aug 26th, '14, 07:26

arukueido wrote:I'm looking for j-dramas which I can learn about Japan. Like Nihonjin no shiranai nihongo. Is there anything similar? I've watched lots of j-dramas but this one was rather unique with lots of foreign actors and foreign perspective.
Hmm, I think it's a rare type of drama and this might not help, but maybe Cleopatra Na Onnatachi, in the end of each episode, there's always real life interview with japanese girl about "beauty" :unsure:
Maybe anyone can give better recommendation... :unsure:

doodoofan

Post by doodoofan » Sep 1st, '14, 08:59

If you've never watched Jdrama before, I highly recommend Hana Yori Dango and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. I think these are the best Jdrama ever made.

doodoofan

Post by doodoofan » Sep 1st, '14, 09:04

I highly recommend 1 Litre of Tears too. This drama made me cry 2 litres of tears!

ndoggodhog

Post by ndoggodhog » Sep 26th, '14, 02:25

Hi, I need recommendation for dorama with 'life lesson' genre such as Engine, Priceless, Freeter Ie o Kau, Hanzawa Naoki etc. I prefer dorama that release after year 2006. Could you recommend some?

And also could you recommend some dorama that release on 2014 that have comedy or romantic genre that already has subtitle? Thank you

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Sep 26th, '14, 16:44

ndoggodhog wrote:Hi, I need recommendation for dorama with 'life lesson' genre such as Engine, Priceless, Freeter Ie o Kau, Hanzawa Naoki etc. I prefer dorama that release after year 2006. Could you recommend some?

And also could you recommend some dorama that release on 2014 that have comedy or romantic genre that already has subtitle? Thank you
Hmm... for life lesson, maybe :
- Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi Season 1 & 2(2006-2007) - 4 eps with each unique (not related each other) life lesson story...
- Rich Man Poor Woman + SP(2012-2013) - have a similar taste of Priceless
- Miss Pilot - about becoming pilot, but have lesson esp. friendship, overcoming hurdles...
- Alice no Toge - it's about revenge, the lesson: revenge has no end.

For comedy/romantic (2014), I'm not sure... haven't watched most of 2014 dramas :unsure:, but I watched one :
- Shitsuren Chocolatier -- really cute, funny, romantic drama :wub:

itsonlykat

Post by itsonlykat » Sep 29th, '14, 23:11

Any recommendation, I just finished Koori No Sekai and it was soo good. Any drama similar to this?

LoLyfe

Post by LoLyfe » Oct 6th, '14, 20:01

Hey all, I'm looking for some crime/action drama to watch. Any recommendations?

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Oct 7th, '14, 02:55

LoLyfe wrote:Hey all, I'm looking for some crime/action drama to watch. Any recommendations?
There are a lot of crime/action drama :unsure:... Zettai Reido, Bloody Monday, Mozu, Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu, etc...
do you have any example that you've watched before? So that maybe I can find drama similar to that :-)

LoLyfe

Post by LoLyfe » Oct 9th, '14, 14:15

zenith777 wrote:
LoLyfe wrote:Hey all, I'm looking for some crime/action drama to watch. Any recommendations?
There are a lot of crime/action drama :unsure:... Zettai Reido, Bloody Monday, Mozu, Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu, etc...
do you have any example that you've watched before? So that maybe I can find drama similar to that :-)
I've only caught Bloody Monday out of those, so I'll start with the others. Thanks very much!

leader

Post by leader » Oct 10th, '14, 21:41

Hi guys, glad to have found such a great place full of resources and likeable folk.

I'm here to request some suggestions for shows to watch. I think I'll let you know what I've seen and enjoyed, so you can get a feel for my tastes.

I'm a huge Yuichi Fukuda fan, so Tokyo Dogs, The Hero Yoshihiko, Watashi no Kirai na Tantei and Aoi Honoo are some I have liked a lot.

Kagi no Kakatta Heya. I grew up with the BBC series Jonathan Creek, so I have a great love for locked-room-mysteries.

Shinigami-Kun and Sexy Voice and Robo. I guess those two cover my enjoyment of heart-warming[?] melodrama type shows. With a little bit of humour thrown in.

So, I like action and drama with a good splash of comedy, I guess. If you've seen those shows and liked them, then what else have you enjoyed?

I have seen many lists of 'Top Ten Dramas' and the likes over the years.

Stuff like Densha Otoko, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, My Boss My Hero, Papa to Musume no Nanokakan, Proposal Daisakusen have all appeared. So I might try those.

But a top ten list doesn't do much for me. I can do a list of top ten movies, but it's not always going to be what someone is going to enjoy. Heck, there's some films that are excellent but I wouldn't recommend to someone. And there are certainly shows/films that aren't Top Ten worthy but would definitely get recommended.

So any off-the-wall suggestions or anything like that would be great, thank you please guys and gals.

[edit]

I guess I should also mention I'm a huge Game Center CX fan, so the show No Con Kid is also slowly downloading right now, to give that a try.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 15th, '14, 21:18

^--You have to watch TRICK. If you liked Jonathan Creek at all, or like mystery-type shows at all, you really, really, really have to watch TRICK.

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 15th, '14, 21:48

Off the wall suggestion: Atami no Sousakan ☺

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 15th, '14, 22:05

I can't remember if I've seen that or not. Sounds vaguely familiar, but the only show I can remember with Odagiri Joe is the (fantastic) "Satorare," from back in 2002.

Anyway, while I'm here, I guess I'll ask for recommendations, too. I haven't really followed the dramas season-by-season in years, so I'm mostly ignorant of the newer stuff. I tend to like mystery, comedy and legal dramas. The shows I've got saved on my HDD (to give you an idea of my tastes) are Egao no Hosoku, Gonzo, Hero, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Kisarazu Cat's Eye and TRICK.

leader

Post by leader » Oct 16th, '14, 23:39

Mwulf wrote:^--You have to watch TRICK. If you liked Jonathan Creek at all, or like mystery-type shows at all, you really, really, really have to watch TRICK.
That sounds pretty good to me. And, if I'm seeing correctly, there's quite a fair bit of it? Three series and some specials? Fingers crossed then, that'd keep me going for a while.
antspace wrote:Off the wall suggestion: Atami no Sousakan ☺
Ah, a mystery show starring Kill Bill's Gogo and Kamen Rider Kuuga? Off the wall indeed.

Thank you both very much for your help.