Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
OokieSpookie

Post by OokieSpookie » Feb 21st, '10, 02:30

Looking for something detective / law and order type but with a dash of humor at least.
Something like Phoenix Wright meets Law and Order ...
I love Trick, Jikou keisatsu, Gokusen...lol many others that I do not remember the names!

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Feb 22nd, '10, 03:13

OokieSpookie wrote:Looking for something detective / law and order type but with a dash of humor at least.
Something like Phoenix Wright meets Law and Order ...
I love Trick, Jikou keisatsu, Gokusen...lol many others that I do not remember the names!
I recommend:

Tokyo Dogs
Galileo
Mr. Brain

OokieSpookie

Post by OokieSpookie » Feb 22nd, '10, 03:36

Much thanks

Roswenthe

Dramas for an Intro to JDrama

Post by Roswenthe » Feb 25th, '10, 16:13

Hello everyone.

I will be doing a panel about JDrama at MomoCon, and wanted some opinions on what JDramas you think would make good introductions to fans of anime? The general age group is 12-18, and they do need to be somewhat PG-rated, as it is a family-friendly con.

I will be showing 5-15 dramas in clip form and talk a little about each drama, then have a short open discussion. There have been other JDrama panels at local cons, but most of them appealed to a much older age group. I already have some ideas on some of the clips, but I wanted to get opinions without 'spoiling' yours first.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Feb 25th, '10, 16:32

well since the audience are anime fans, how about Nodame Cantabile?

and age-wise, dragon zakura might be good too :)

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Feb 25th, '10, 18:12

High school Drama.
Gokusen, Densha Otoko, Gto, Kindaichi shounen no jikenbo, Rookies, dragon zakura, Nobuta wo Produce, Ao no Jidai, Life, Seito Shokun, Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru, Jyoou no Kyoushitsu

But since the target audiences are anime fans, just go with Gto, Gokusen, Densha Otoko and Kindaichi. You can't go wrong with that.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '10, 22:49

You got anything to offer that is similar to Stand up!?

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Feb 28th, '10, 07:35

Definitely Hana Yori Dango. I think the storyline is appealing for the younger crowd.

Denkira

Post by Denkira » Feb 28th, '10, 08:12

Well, it's not very similar in story line, but I think if you like Stand up, you'll surely like Hana Kimi, give it a try ;)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 28th, '10, 08:56

I`ve seen that one already :D

Anything else?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 28th, '10, 09:04

Stand up!

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Feb 28th, '10, 10:39

Neliets wrote:I`ve seen that one already :D

Anything else?

Funny school dramas, which I have watched (besides Stand Up!) are: Nobuta wo produce, My boss my hero; Gashi Baka! and Dance Drill.
Also really funny is a really short jdorama - Waraeru koi wa shitekunai ^o^
Hope you´ll find something soon

ashen

1 Litre Of Tears highly recommended for you

Post by ashen » Feb 28th, '10, 11:19

haylz27 wrote:Can anyone recommend some dramas for me? So far I have watched:
~Koizura (movie)
~Lovely Complex (movie)
~Tada Kimi Wo Aishiteru (movie)
~Hana Yori Dango♥
~Zettai Kareshi / "Absolute Boyfriend"
~Hana Kimi
~Kimi wa Petto

and I am currently watching Samurai Highschool. Not the best so far but it might get better.

Any suggestions guys? As you can tell I like dramas that are either comedy/ romance/ drama/ relationships ect.

Preferably dramas made within the past few years or currently airing dramas. :-)

Thank you!
1 Litre Of Tears highly recommended for you.Same as koizora,this drama was based on true story and it was really inspiring.You will give all your feelings for this drama,juz believe me :lol

miamiamiya

Post by miamiamiya » Mar 2nd, '10, 03:10

haylz27 wrote:
In that case I'll definitely check it out! Where would I be able to read the manga? (: Links? Oh and your DP.. :P Heheh. xD
waow. sorry i'm reading this just now.. here's the link:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_wallflower/

please enjoy :D

Akidon

Post by Akidon » Mar 3rd, '10, 21:32

Anyone got anything yakuza/comedy based dramas for me?
I've seen:
-Gosuken
-My boss my hero

aya1984

similar drama to.....

Post by aya1984 » Mar 4th, '10, 14:45

yo all :) been watching J-drama for a while now and loveing it every second iam watching them

and finding best site to find the dramas.

trying to find similar dramas to these hope u all can help out abit

Niini no koto wasurenaide
daisuki
life
gokusen
one littler of tears
attenion please
otomen
high school samurai
Ohitorisama
Orthros no Inu
Sekai no Chuushin de

think those were onces of my favorits

hope u all can give me some tip that is similar category of these

peace

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 4th, '10, 15:02

There's a 'Recommended Drama' thread, so you don't really have to open a new thread for this... mods?

Anyway. I find it quite hard to give a recommendation because your preferences seem quite diverse. While Sekai no Chuushin de and One Litre are good melodramas, you also like the light comedies such as Ohitorisama and Attention Please. So I just give you a few overall recs of dramas that both got good ratings and I thought were awesome:

Probably the two most popular youth/school centric JDrama comedies are Nobuta wo Produce and Hana Yori Dango. They are both good dramas for their categories, light, funny, sweet, and memorable. Personally I prefer Nobuta wo Produce, but I consider the Japanese version of HYD the best among the 3 different ones.

For more mature JDrama comedies, I recommend Densha Otoko. It's definitely a drama like no other -- the love story of an anime geek and a beautiful, sophisticated OL. It's not for you if you're just looking for an attractive, young male lead, but it's hilarious, charming and special.

My Boss, My Hero is worth a watch as well, about a mafia heir going back to HS. Cue hilarity. A very memorable drama with an original plot. Nagase Tomoya shines.

As for melodramas, the quintessential dark drama, Byakuyakou, is quite good, and is excellently subbed by SARS.

Es2Key

Post by Es2Key » Mar 4th, '10, 17:16

Can anybody suggest me Dorama with such a crazy character as Akira in Nobuta-WP?))
Or how do you think which is best school dorama?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 5th, '10, 16:57

Es2Key wrote:Can anybody suggest me Dorama with such a crazy character as Akira in Nobuta-WP?))
Or how do you think which is best school dorama?
It`s not really about school but Stand Up is one of my favorites.

Denkira

Post by Denkira » Mar 5th, '10, 18:23

If you're looking for someone like Akira, Nakatsu from Hana Kimi is similar and it's really one of my favourite characters XD I think you may also like Samurai High School and Yukan Club :)

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Mar 6th, '10, 05:19

GTO is the best intro drama, hands down.

Other classics include:
Yamato Nadeshiko
Long Vacation

AngelGurlx86

Post by AngelGurlx86 » Mar 7th, '10, 18:52

You should definitely try Buzzer Beat & Ace Wo Nerae! It was the best dramas ever

physcodbzfan

Post by physcodbzfan » Mar 8th, '10, 01:01

I've seen a quite a few j-dramas myself and here are some of my favs in no particular order:

GTO
Pride
Hero
IWGP
At Home Dad
My Boss My Hero
Dragon Zakura
Voice
Oniyome Nikki
Orange Days
Summer Snow
Stand Up!
Buzzer Beater

Shane18

Post by Shane18 » Mar 9th, '10, 16:01

any idea about jdrama 18+ ?
i like funny adult drama like 2nd house,glory days,haruka 17th....something like that....can u all give me drama like that??japan or korea or any.....thx be4

alovelystar

Post by alovelystar » Mar 10th, '10, 15:42

Hey everybody,
I a fan of jdramas but also kdramas, I saw all of the most popular one but would like to know if know any good other one. Buty with romance plz
thx ;-)

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Mar 10th, '10, 17:57

alovelystar wrote:Hey everybody,
I a fan of jdramas but also kdramas, I saw all of the most popular one but would like to know if know any good other one. Buty with romance plz
thx ;-)
Which dramas have you seen?

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Mar 10th, '10, 18:42

AngelGurlx86 wrote:You should definitely try Buzzer Beat & Ace Wo Nerae! It was the best dramas ever
i watched Ace wo nerae! but i have to say that attack no.1 was better. well, any drama with ueto aya is good :whistling:

@physcodbzfan:
wow! you got exactly the same taste in dramas as me! i'll definitely check out the one's i haven't seen from your list!

physcodbzfan

Post by physcodbzfan » Mar 11th, '10, 00:12

Mugatu...can you list the series you have seen, maybe I missed some...thanks.

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Mar 11th, '10, 00:42

Sure, but i have seen so many.. i'll list a few good ones

GTO
IWGP
my boss my hero
tiger and dragon
Liar Game
Nodame Cantabile
Karei naru spy
Boss
Jin
Kuitan

physcodbzfan

Post by physcodbzfan » Mar 11th, '10, 01:02

thanks mugatu....i just started watch tiger n dragon - will watch liar n boss next - thanks for the suggestions

u're rite i have seen soo many jdoramas, its hard to pick a very few...hah

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Mar 13th, '10, 00:55

Well, I'm here to ask (again) whether or not there've been any good dramas lately.

Only stuff I've seen recently has been JIN and Shiroi Haru.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 14th, '10, 17:55

Ok , i need some suggestions , i've watched a few j-dramas , i would like to watch romance dramas but with happy ending, no sad/tragic ending, something bittersweet with little or not at all comedy in it, if can help i say something like "Winter Sonata" or "Will it Snow for Christmas" korean dramas, j-dramas i've seen so far are:

Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (my fav so far)
Hana Kimi
Ima,ai ni yukimasu
nobuta wo Produce
Sapuri
Densha Otoko
Ichi Rittoru no Namida

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Mar 14th, '10, 18:41

riki_kun wrote:Ok , i need some suggestions , i've watched a few j-dramas , i would like to watch romance dramas but with happy ending, no sad/tragic ending, something bittersweet with little or not at all comedy in it
you ara looking for Buzzer Beat :lol

i really like this drama, Kitagawa Keiko & Yamapi is a very good pair. funny and very dramatic

noobee

Post by noobee » Mar 21st, '10, 00:39

I reccomend Bloody Monday

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 21st, '10, 19:53

Bulykin wrote:
riki_kun wrote:Ok , i need some suggestions , i've watched a few j-dramas , i would like to watch romance dramas but with happy ending, no sad/tragic ending, something bittersweet with little or not at all comedy in it

i really like this drama, Kitagawa Keiko & Yamapi is a very good pair. funny and very dramatic
I could never thank you enough for suggesting me this drama, i really loved it and i agree that the two main actors were great together , can you suggest me any other similar drama? i'm currently watching Proposal Daisakusen with Yamapi :D

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Mar 21st, '10, 21:16

riki_kun wrote:
Bulykin wrote:

I could never thank you enough for suggesting me this drama, i really loved it and i agree that the two main actors were great together , can you suggest me any other similar drama? i'm currently watching Proposal Daisakusen with Yamapi :D

hmmm, i don't know, maybe Hana Yori Dango? with Inoue Mao is it a really funny and cute little drama :lol
But if you like Yamapi, you must check the Long Love Letter and the Kurosagi, and of course Nobuta wa Produce! :-)

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Mar 21st, '10, 23:13

riki_kun wrote:
Bulykin wrote:

hey if ur still looking for one thts bittersweet with a happy ending try majou no jouken. it stars tackey and was made about 11 years ago but its still really good :-) if no one had told me, i would never have guessed it was made that long ago. its really good try it! :lol

helterskelter

suspense dramas

Post by helterskelter » Mar 25th, '10, 02:16

Hello,

I'm in the mood for dark/suspense/ thriller/whodunit type of japanese or korean dramas. I just watched 'A Sleeping Forest' and "A Million Stars Falling From the Sky". They were great!
Any suggestions?

nikniknik

Post by nikniknik » Mar 25th, '10, 02:23

Mwulf wrote:Well, I'm here to ask (again) whether or not there've been any good dramas lately.

Only stuff I've seen recently has been JIN and Shiroi Haru.
Magerarenai Onna, one of the best of a bad Winter 2010 season... :clap:

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 25th, '10, 02:26

Bulykin wrote:
riki_kun wrote:
Bulykin wrote:

hmmm, i don't know, maybe Hana Yori Dango? with Inoue Mao is it a really funny and cute little drama :lol
But if you like Yamapi, you must check the Long Love Letter and the Kurosagi, and of course Nobuta wa Produce! :-)
Thanks It really made my day, i could say that HYD is now my favourite asian drama, i'm wondering if i should watch the korean version.

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Mar 25th, '10, 14:15

riki_kun wrote:
Bulykin wrote:
riki_kun wrote:

Thanks It really made my day, i could say that HYD is now my favourite asian drama, i'm wondering if i should watch the korean version.
the korean version is funnier and Koo Hye Sun is sooo kawaii ^.^ but i'm a huge Inoue Mao fan, so HYD is the best xD

Bulykin

Re: suspense dramas

Post by Bulykin » Mar 25th, '10, 14:18

helterskelter wrote:Hello,

I'm in the mood for dark/suspense/ thriller/whodunit type of japanese or korean dramas. I just watched 'A Sleeping Forest' and "A Million Stars Falling From the Sky". They were great!
Any suggestions?
i recommend the Warui Yatsura

ToroHime

Post by ToroHime » Mar 27th, '10, 08:18

I really enjoy funny JDramas! Comedy with romance types. A few that I watched and liked are:

- First Kiss
- Manhattan
- Oniyome Nikki
- Boys over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango)

Any suggestions that I might like? (^.^)

koyama22

Post by koyama22 » Mar 29th, '10, 22:44

ToroHime wrote:I really enjoy funny JDramas! Comedy with romance types. A few that I watched and liked are:

- First Kiss
- Manhattan
- Oniyome Nikki
- Boys over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango)

Any suggestions that I might like? (^.^)
The obvious answer for you may be Hana Kimi, if you haven't seen it yet.

Other than that, off the top of my head for comedy/romance...
Love Shuffle (wrote a bit about it here)
My Boss, My Hero
Stand Up!!
Last edited by koyama22 on Apr 4th, '10, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

ik0n

New dramas?

Post by ik0n » Apr 1st, '10, 22:30

Hey,

So can someone please tell me what's a good 'new' drama that is out and it's sub files are being released? I'm currently watching Bloody Monday 2, Yamato Nadeshiko and I saw few episodes of Tokujo Kabachi but not really interested. And I kinda just stopped watching Deep Love and Shokojo Seira.

Exams are finally over and I have this very long weekend ahead so I want something to watch. If someone can hook me up with a good, once again 'new' drama it'd be much appreciated.

I've been watching Dramas for over 2 years now so please do not suggest any old common ones like (HYD, Rookies, etc.) I've seen a lot of series so yeah...

Thank you in advance. :)

- IK0N

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 22:45

Here:
Jdramas
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_83160.htm
Oh, suggestions?
I'm waiting for Sunao ni narenakute, and Wagaya no Rekishi, if that helps^^

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Apr 1st, '10, 22:48

Thanks for the reply, Ethlenn.
I'm actually waiting for the one with Eita and Ueno Juri also. Plot sounds good... :)

Is there any good ones out already that are subbed? At least few episodes?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 22:59

I just wached My Girl (2009), so it's not so new, but I kinda liked it. Not everyone likes it though. Fumo Chitai is nice one, and I believe it has subs. And if you like history and not so fast, but interesting plots: Ryoma Den.
I showed Ryoma Den to my students when we were talking about bakumatsu period, and they were fascinated. probably some of them are downloading the rest, hehe.
And stay away from Yamato Nadeshiko (...). Really^^

PS. How's your exams?

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Apr 1st, '10, 23:27

Thanks you. :)
I'm gonna download the first episode of My Girl and see how it is for myself. Hopefully it's good. And I'm not so into History stuff so I'll see about that...

I'm trying to get the new drama http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Massugu_na_Otoko of Sato Ryuta downloaded but it's going pretty slow. Also seems like only 4 episodes subbed so far and hasn't been updated in quite some time. I wonder if they canceled the project. Hmm.... As for Yamato Nadeshiko... yeah it's a bit weird but it's a time-waster I tell ya. I just watch it for the hek of it, I mean I gotta admit it is funny here and there.

And exams went pretty good actually, the past 2 weeks felt like hell because of all the studying and exams every day. However all that hard work seem to pay off, I mean I found out I passed my exams from last week... I'll find out the grades from the ones this week soon. I think I did good enough, hopefully it is... now I have this long weekend, no classes till Wednesday!! I must enjoy it. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 23:40

Japanese subs are for the whole series, but...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_81557.htm
I'm a bit sad they cut Bloody Monday 2 short, that is why I'm taking 2 weeks break, heh^^
Yamato Nadeshiko is a big time-waster, you're right. I was trying to watch more than 3 episodes and I couldn't. I tried Tokujo Kabachi as well, but, damn... I really didn't care. I didn't care for more than 4 episodes of Nakanai to Kimeta Hi as well. But I had funny 2 hours on Saigo no Yakusoku (not everyone from the main 5 appeals to me, but 2 of them is enough, ne?).
Magerarenai Onna is not bad, really, although not as well paced as BM 2^^

Ganbatte with your studies, eh, youth... :mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 1st, '10, 23:55

Ethleen did you watch Yasha? It's quite enjoyable although not a new drama.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Apr 2nd, '10, 03:26

I was watching Yamato Nadeshiko and Massugu na Otoko, but stopped watching both of them. Actually, I managed to get to episode 9 of Massugu na Otoko- this drama, I suggest you watch when you have nothing better to do. I managed to watch My Girl till the very end, but didn't think much of that drama.

I think the dramas that I really enjoyed from last season was Liar Game Season 2 and Ohitorisama-it was such a cute drama, and Naka nai to kimeta Hi.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 2nd, '10, 07:28

Thanks, Seirin, I will give it a try^^
I couldn't finish Liar Game season 1, and from season 2 I watched only first episode. Nothing appealed to me in it.

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Apr 2nd, '10, 18:07

Yeah, I haven't seen Liar Game 2 too... I saw the first one but I wasn't that interested on it. What I found more amusing was The Quiz Show 2. :P

koyama22

Re: New dramas?

Post by koyama22 » Apr 2nd, '10, 19:38

ik0n wrote:Hey,

So can someone please tell me what's a good 'new' drama that is out and it's sub files are being released? I'm currently watching Bloody Monday 2, Yamato Nadeshiko and I saw few episodes of Tokujo Kabachi but not really interested. And I kinda just stopped watching Deep Love and Shokojo Seira.

Exams are finally over and I have this very long weekend ahead so I want something to watch. If someone can hook me up with a good, once again 'new' drama it'd be much appreciated.

I've been watching Dramas for over 2 years now so please do not suggest any old common ones like (HYD, Rookies, etc.) I've seen a lot of series so yeah...

Thank you in advance. :)

- IK0N
I'm disappointed in Japanese Dramas lately. No originality whatsoever. I can only hope that it improves next season.

If you haven't seen them yet, I would recommend Love Shuffle, Shiroi Haru, and Akai Ito from last year. They are all completely different, varying from entertaining comedy/romance (Love Shuffle), to heartwarming family/human drama (Shiroi Haru), to high school romance/drama (Akai Ito).

If you've seen them, then try Buzzer Beat? It wasn't horrible, although acting was...yeah.

I honestly can't recommend any "new" dramas. This is the first time in a while that I'm watching no new dramas since they all seemed so uninteresting.

I could give you more specific recommendations if you want for some "older" dramas (past few years), but I'm assuming you've seen most of the good ones.

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Apr 3rd, '10, 21:53

I have seen so many good dramas , but I'm looking for something new^^

- Liar Game 1+2
- Hana Yori Dango 1+2
- Bambino
- First Kiss
- Dragon Zakura
- Nobuta wo Produce
- Attention Please
- Ace wo nerae
- Attack No 1
- Innocent Love
- Proposal Daisakusen
- Life
- Watashi no Kyokasho
- Koizora
- Futatsu no Spica
- Shokojo Seira
- Jotei
- Mei-chan no Shitsuji
- Uta no Oniisan
- Celeb to Binbo Taro
- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
- Untouchable
- The Quiz Show 1+2

to name just some favorites^^

Do you have any gem in your collection that I maybe haven't seen and that you would recommend?^^

I just finished watching GiraGira :-)

muriell812

Post by muriell812 » Apr 3rd, '10, 23:02

What about Love Shuffle ?
That's one of my favorite Jdramas

koyama22

Post by koyama22 » Apr 4th, '10, 00:45

Sandra121289 wrote:I have seen so many good dramas , but I'm looking for something new^^

*list of dramas*

to name just some favorites^^

Do you have any gem in your collection that I maybe haven't seen and that you would recommend?^^

I just finished watching GiraGira :-)
Orange Days.
Stand Up!! (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Stand_Up!!) (for some reason this one won't link...)
1 Litre of Tears?

I could name more, but I'll stop there. All three are really good Jdramas that are original and really stand out when compared to most dramas. These are some of THE Japanese dramas to watch, and I'd assume that many people have seen them.

mog123

Post by mog123 » Apr 4th, '10, 21:46

Hey, I've been lurking these forums for a while and downloaded some dramas from here, so I thought I could get a recommendation from u guys ;)

I've watched a couple of dramas, and I really enjoyed those short dramas that aren't televised by big stations. I especially like (seen just 2 of them, but they have something great in them) dramas where the main character is also the narrator. I've seen Late night diner (shinya shokudo) and cat taxi. I really loved them. Does anyone know any dramas that might resemble these?

Also, when will we get the nodame cantabile movie ? I'm really waiting for it since december.

Greetings from Poland!

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 4th, '10, 23:50

mog123 wrote:Hey, I've been lurking these forums for a while and downloaded some dramas from here, so I thought I could get a recommendation from u guys ;)

I've watched a couple of dramas, and I really enjoyed those short dramas that aren't televised by big stations. I especially like (seen just 2 of them, but they have something great in them) dramas where the main character is also the narrator. I've seen Late night diner (shinya shokudo) and cat taxi. I really loved them. Does anyone know any dramas that might resemble these?

Also, when will we get the nodame cantabile movie ? I'm really waiting for it since december.

Greetings from Poland!
Maybe Pandora? Though my impression is that most late night dramas are not like Shinya Shokudo. Pandora is quite different too.

ranma-a-k

Post by ranma-a-k » Apr 5th, '10, 18:41

Hello everyone, I hope some of you can help me.

I search for dramas that are similar to Attention Please and Good Luck.
They are both dramas which center on the life of people working for an airline.

Thank you in advance

koyama22

Post by koyama22 » Apr 5th, '10, 20:05

mog123 wrote:...

I believe that the Nodame Cantabile Movie part 1 will be released on DVD June 6th, 2010 in Japan.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Apr 5th, '10, 20:26

koyama22 wrote:
mog123 wrote:...

I believe that the Nodame Cantabile Movie part 1 will be released on DVD June 6th, 2010 in Japan.
Then expect SARS a week or two to subtitle it, so I expect to see it around the middle of June.

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Apr 8th, '10, 04:34

Hey all, I wondered if I could get some recommendations as I am a bit stuck on what to watch next. You can find my list of Dramas I've seen here: http://jdorama.com/viewprofile.46207.htm.

I'd really like to avoid anything too dark or too heavy, preferably with a reasonably happy ending too. Things like Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Hana Yori Dango or Tatta Hitotsu no Koi as an example but I am open to suggestions. But nothing like Koizora or Maou. Which I loved BTW but just too sad for me right now. Reasonably lighthearted but with good solid stories. JDramas only please as not into anything else. Thanks so much.

ToroHime

Post by ToroHime » Apr 9th, '10, 02:42

Lunch Queen!! Must watch!! :)

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Apr 9th, '10, 05:45

Hey Pantheria,

Loosely based on your preferences I'm gonna recommend some more dramas. I highly second lunch queen (Lunch no Joou) also.

In no particular order;
Beach Boys - http://jdorama.com/drama.35.htm
Trick - http://jdorama.com/drama.521.htm
Star no Koi - http://jdorama.com/drama.583.htm
Satorare - http://jdorama.com/drama.706.htm
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko - http://jdorama.com/drama.1021.htm
Nodame Cantabile - http://jdorama.com/drama.1035.htm
Oishii Gohan - http://jdorama.com/drama.1208.htm
Mukodono - there are 2 versions of this. check jdorama and pick what you like
Ai no Uta - http://jdorama.com/drama.960.htm
Water Boys - http://jdorama.com/drama.766.htm
Jyoou no Kyoushitsu - http://jdorama.com/drama.949.htm
Seigi no Mikata - http://jdorama.com/drama.1312.htm

if you are into detective dramas then the ones I remember as fun was;
Boss - http://jdorama.com/drama.1398.htm
Mr. Brain - http://jdorama.com/drama.1407.htm

I can't say all of these have solid stories but they were all fun for me to watch. You can check comments on jdorama and decide.

Have fun

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Apr 9th, '10, 05:53

kirtil wrote:Hey Pantheria,

Loosely based on your preferences I'm gonna recommend some more dramas. I highly second lunch queen (Lunch no Joou) also.

In no particular order;
Beach Boys - http://jdorama.com/drama.35.htm
Trick - http://jdorama.com/drama.521.htm
Star no Koi - http://jdorama.com/drama.583.htm
Satorare - http://jdorama.com/drama.706.htm
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko - http://jdorama.com/drama.1021.htm
Nodame Cantabile - http://jdorama.com/drama.1035.htm
Oishii Gohan - http://jdorama.com/drama.1208.htm
Mukodono - there are 2 versions of this. check jdorama and pick what you like
Ai no Uta - http://jdorama.com/drama.960.htm
Water Boys - http://jdorama.com/drama.766.htm
Jyoou no Kyoushitsu - http://jdorama.com/drama.949.htm
Seigi no Mikata - http://jdorama.com/drama.1312.htm

if you are into detective dramas then the ones I remember as fun was;
Boss - http://jdorama.com/drama.1398.htm
Mr. Brain - http://jdorama.com/drama.1407.htm

I can't say all of these have solid stories but they were all fun for me to watch. You can check comments on jdorama and decide.

Have fun
Hi, thanks so much for the recommendations. I'll go check those out straight away. :)

Strife91

Post by Strife91 » Apr 12th, '10, 18:17

I'm new to JDrama and I'm looking for some recommendations. I've watched Life, Shimokita Glory Days and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. I enjoyed them all, especially Life.

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Apr 12th, '10, 18:47

Strife91 wrote:I'm new to JDrama and I'm looking for some recommendations. I've watched Life, Shimokita Glory Days and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. I enjoyed them all, especially Life.
if you like the Life, i think Seito Shokun! is the good recommendation for you :-)
same as the Life, but with a little humor

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Apr 12th, '10, 20:18

I don't know what to watch now, i ran out of ideas, if can someone can suggest me more romance japanese dramas it would be great, not sad ending please and something kinda newish, so far the j-dramas i enjoyed are:

Hana Yori Dango 1+2
Buzzer Beat
Smile
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Proposal Daisakusen
Hana Kimi
Ima, ai ni Yukimasu
Nobuta wo Produce
Densha Otoko
Sapuri

pyxee

Post by pyxee » Apr 12th, '10, 20:58

riki_kun wrote:I don't know what to watch now, i ran out of ideas, if can someone can suggest me more romance japanese dramas it would be great, not sad ending please and something kinda newish, so far the j-dramas i enjoyed are:

Hana Yori Dango 1+2
Buzzer Beat
Smile
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Proposal Daisakusen
Hana Kimi
Ima, ai ni Yukimasu
Nobuta wo Produce
Densha Otoko
Sapuri
From the list you gave I am assuming you like younger high school centered dramas? If so I think you may enjoy Hana KImi if you haven't already seen it. It is a little to fluffy and slapstick for me it was cute.
For dramas with older casts I suggest love shuffle its really a great show. Plus for the price of one drama you get 3 or 4 romances out of it.
First Kiss is pretty good but can drag a bit in places.
Last friends has a fairly odd sort of romance that is very sad and touching at times, but ends happily if in a very offbeat sort of way.
Yasashii Jiikan this one is a little on the old side compared to the others. It is from 2002 I think. And though the romance in the story is a secondary plot I highly enjoyed this drama.
Others that are fun to watch, but not exactly deep:
Kimi wa petto
Zettai Kareshi
Hope that this helps you a little bit.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Apr 12th, '10, 21:06

pyxee wrote:
riki_kun wrote:I don't know what to watch now, i ran out of ideas, if can someone can suggest me more romance japanese dramas it would be great, not sad ending please and something kinda newish, so far the j-dramas i enjoyed are:

Hana Yori Dango 1+2
Buzzer Beat
Smile
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Proposal Daisakusen
Hana Kimi
Ima, ai ni Yukimasu
Nobuta wo Produce
Densha Otoko
Sapuri

From the list you gave I am assuming you like younger high school centered dramas? If so I think you may enjoy Hana KImi if you haven't already seen it. It is a little to fluffy and slapstick for me it was cute.
For dramas with older casts I suggest love shuffle its really a great show. Plus for the price of one drama you get 3 or 4 romances out of it.
First Kiss is pretty good but can drag a bit in places.
Last friends has a fairly odd sort of romance that is very sad and touching at times, but ends happily if in a very offbeat sort of way.
Yasashii Jiikan this one is a little on the old side compared to the others. It is from 2002 I think. And though the romance in the story is a secondary plot I highly enjoyed this drama.
Others that are fun to watch, but not exactly deep:
Kimi wa petto
Zettai Kareshi
Hope that this helps you a little bit.
I've seen Hana Kimi already, is in the list i posted , maybe you missed it, as for Zettai Kareshi that's a movie not a drama series right?

pyxee

Post by pyxee » Apr 12th, '10, 21:07

Ah so you did, sorry I missed that. And nope Zettai Kareshii is a series 11 eps and a special I believe.

TheVinster

Post by TheVinster » Apr 12th, '10, 21:45

Yes, Zettai Kareshi is 11 episodes and a special.

As for my recommendation I'll say Manhattan Love Story. I wish I had the raw files so I could watch them and help study my Japanese, but unfortunately I don't. Luckily for you, though, it's subbed by SARS and you can find a batch torrent here on D-Addicts. At least for me I find it hilarious.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Apr 14th, '10, 16:55

TheVinster wrote:Yes, Zettai Kareshi is 11 episodes and a special.

As for my recommendation I'll say Manhattan Love Story. I wish I had the raw files so I could watch them and help study my Japanese, but unfortunately I don't. Luckily for you, though, it's subbed by SARS and you can find a batch torrent here on D-Addicts. At least for me I find it hilarious.
LOL I love Manhatten's Master. He's freaking wild in his own head.