[Discussion] Legal High

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sorvaseven

[Discussion] Legal High

Post by Sorvaseven » Mar 7th, '12, 10:19

In April 2012 a new drama called Legal High will be broadcast on Fuji TV. I'm curious if this drama will be a solid one. I'm often disappointed in law-dramas, but this cast is really interesting. Namase Katsuhisa role is mostly a laughing stock, so will he be fine with a law-comedy drama? Sakai Masato and Aragaki Yui... i think they fit well. So what are you thinking? I hope this drama will be available and subbed :-)

Synopsis:
Komikado Kensuke is a cranky, sharp-tongued, cynical, wasteful lawyer who loves money, reputation, and women. He believes in the idea that “the winner is right,” and uses any means to maintain his perfect-win record. However, he gradually realizes that his idea of justice is wrong, and he begins to remember what it feels like to really fight. Mayuzumi Machiko is a rookie lawyer who is passionate about protecting the weak and is constantly at odds with her colleague Komikado. --Tokyograph

Cast:
* Sakai Masato as Komikado Kensuke
* Aragaki Yui as Mayuzumi Machiko
* Namase Katsuhisa as Miki Choichiro
* Koike Eiko as Sawaji Kimie
* Satomi Kotaro as Hattori
* Taguchi Junnosuke as Kaga Ranmaru

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Legal_High
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/legal-high/index.html

Sunshinegirl

Post by Sunshinegirl » Mar 12th, '12, 01:52

Hi Sorvaseven!
I am going to give this show a chance. I think Sakai Masato and Gakky will be interesting combination. Also, some nice other cast too, like Koike Eiko. I don't know what role Namase has but even when he is a joker in other roles, he works ok for me. So hopefully he will fit just right and the show will be good.
Legal dramas can be tough, never enough time to do what writers are trying to do I think? Maybe because to set up the case story and develop characters something has to go. I am hoping that unique casting will make Legal High a little different and good to see. :pray:

ChootiB

Post by ChootiB » Apr 25th, '12, 14:32

I liked the first episode, especially the ending. I really liked how over the top Komikado was, especially considering the setting. His over confidence and lifestyle is amusing to me, but if I met him in real life he'd probably annoy me lol.
When the defendant is declared innocent, I was happy for him. But then he mentions that he's going to get the police officer and you're not sure if he was actually innocent or not. I thought that was nicely done.
I did kind of get flashes of Phoenix Wright though. For some reason the first prosecutor reminded me of Winston Payne.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 27th, '12, 07:57

this one is awesome !! xD
I love the way they talk !!
The story also interesting !!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Apr 27th, '12, 14:29

My first time seeing Sakai was in his previous drama so.. seeing him like this is like "O.O........... wow" Lol such a 180! He's making this show. I was never a fan of Aragaki but with that aside...... I..... think any other female could've had her role after watching ep 2. She had a lot of personality in the first ep (I guess more determined and such) but ep 2.. she seem a bit, reduced? But yeah Sakai is amazing and is pretty much having me hold interest in this ^^ (though Namase being the antagonist ._. I know he has to not always do comedic roles but... yeah)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 29th, '12, 08:28

haven't watched the show but going to, probably tonight. Browsed through and still trying to get used to both Sakai and Aragaki's hairstyles! lol

EDIT:
Great show! Totally laughed my a** off with Komikado's attitude. :lol This season seems to be better imo than the last. So many entertaining dramas, even though most of them are investigative.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » May 2nd, '12, 06:32

Hi, I seem to be the only one so far who didn't enjoy the first episode of this drama. The acting was waay over the top for me and Komikado did absolutely nothing to raise my interest or make it fun. This is one of the few dramas that I will not carry on watching as I deleted the second episode which is a shame, however I will keep an eye on this discussion for curiosity.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 12th, '12, 14:54

Sakai overacts too much in this one IMO... sorry :-(

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 12th, '12, 16:14

Watched the first few minutes of ep1 and could it be that the hole cast overact a little bit?^^ Hopefully not, otherwise i will consider to watch this drama or not...

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » May 17th, '12, 11:29

over-acting!?? nonsense! it has the right amount of crack for a show like this. Komikaido is like the equivalent of non-limping House as a lawyer with a big dash of Japanese pop-culture fabulosity.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » May 17th, '12, 23:49

I like the show.Heiwa Fansubs chose the right project and thanks to them, I got to enjoy it. First episode may have put some off, but after that it is a fun ride. Kind of 'Boston Legal' japanese way.

Anyone notice Mayu-sensei double-high kick at the opening theme getting closer with each episode? somehow made me remember the illustration-strip at the side cover of Akira Toriyama 'Dragon Ball' manga.When putting the total collection on the book shelf, we got a long drawing of DB characters...totally random thought, eh?

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » May 18th, '12, 00:15

Sakai is the show, what a man. His character is priceless.
I also like the fact it's not manichean.

ps790

Post by ps790 » May 19th, '12, 19:44

I'm delighted to see this drama. Many of us JP-EN bilinguals have worked in law firms, so some of this, like many dramas, looks hopelessly unrealistic. You would never, for example, in the real world see the same attorneys working this way in criminal law, copyright law, corporate law, etc. as in this program. But somehow the humor and outragous plots more than make up for that.

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » May 28th, '12, 03:09

i only watching 4 Jdrama currently, probably this is the one im really enjoying it.. not so good, but its the better one..

Legal High - im having a good time, good laugh with it..
Ataru - just OK ish..
Toshi Densetsu no Onna - lost interest, but still watching it..
37-sai de Isha ni Natta Boku - Dropped, lost interest..

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » May 29th, '12, 13:06

I'm really enjoying this so far! The first episode cracked me up, loved Gakky-Masato interaction.
About ep1
I loved how they gave hints of the defendant's guilty in the end. Awesome acting by aoi nakamura. He was totally believable in the part of the timid and bullied boy, and then revealing his true self in the end.
I love this series.
Generally speaking, i love how Gakky is the usual idealist often seen in legal jdoramas, but more close to reality. If we compare this to Hokaben, Aya Ueto was absolutely annoying in that jdrama, spouting around clueless and idealistic nonsense everywhere. At least Gakky doesn't preach, or at least, she does but Komikado won't listen to her at all. XD
Let's hope they will keep this level till the end.

Reira_pl

Post by Reira_pl » Jun 5th, '12, 08:00

I love the series, previously I watched Karei naru Ichizoku, which was very intense, so I needed something to relax and laugh. This is perfect, Komikado Kensuke reminds me of Touma Sayaka from SPEC, she was a weirdo too. :-D

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jun 8th, '12, 15:19

This is the 2012 amazing dorama !!
I am speechless to see Gakki n Sakai Masato act together :cheers: :cheers:
It's really funny n suit their character :wub:
Hope this dorama will get award

btw anyone know who is the little actress who roled as Mei in episode 8th ? :-)

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jun 8th, '12, 16:30

She's Yoshida Riko-chan. Quite a talented child actress. Remember her from Oh! My Girl!!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jun 8th, '12, 16:32

iLLusiOnEr wrote:She's Yoshida Riko-chan. Quite a talented child actress. Remember her from Oh! My Girl!!
Oh I see.
She has grown up well yah xD

Thanks illusioner :cheers: :cheers:

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 9th, '12, 03:37

I'm quite surprised with this one. I picked it up yesterday because I was bored and finished the 8th epsidsode not long ago. At first, I was really hesitant, because I'm usually really not into law doramas....but this one is quite funny.
My prediction for the ending:
In the last episode, Mayuzumi will fight against Komikado. He will be on the "money" side, she will be on the "light and rightfull side" to fight for the innocent. In the end, she will win, and Komikado will lose for the first time. But, the writers of the doramas will give us a little bit of an open ending, so that there are hints, that Komikado lost on purpose, because Mayuzumi has changed him, and he wanted the "innocent" side to win.

But it's just a guess, I may (and probably will) be 100% wrong. ;)
btw., Hattori with his "trifiling strong points" is hillarious. ;)
Last edited by GaussAlgorithmus on Jun 11th, '12, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jun 11th, '12, 05:14

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I'm quite surprised with this one. I picked it up yesterday because I was bored and finished the 8th epsidsode not long ago. At first, I was really hesitant, because I'm usually really not into law doramas....but this one is quite funny.
My prediction for the ending:
In the last episode, Mayuzumi will fight against Komikado. He will be on the "money" side, she will be on the "light and rightfull side" to fight for the innocent. In the end, she will win, and Komikado will lose for the first time. But, the writers of the doramas will give us a little bit of an open ending, so that there are hints, that Komikado lost on purpose, because Mayuzumi has changed her, and he wanted the "innocent" side to win.

But it's just a guess, I may (and probably will) be 100% wrong. ;)
btw., Hattori with his "trifiling strong points" is hillarious. ;)

I also thought it will be like that. :-(
But I hope the ending is not as usual as that. For me that's too flat :-(
And this dorama is really interesting and funny for me. Hope the ending won't disappoint me :P

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 11th, '12, 10:30

btw., I meant that she had "changed him"...

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 13th, '12, 00:02

Yoshida Riko is amazing! Its been a while since I saw her. She grew up well. :lol

I want Komikado to still be undefeated by the end of the series though... but there'd be a big character growth from him or something like it. :P

Auvers

Post by Auvers » Jun 14th, '12, 04:57

I'm VERY much enjoying this show! This will be the first (and hopefully not last!) drama I follow as it's airing along with Mirai Nikki (which isn't holding much interest for me outside of curiosity for changes from the source material). I love the characters, the stories, and especially that amazing OST, I downloaded it as soon as I found a link! (though it's for sure good enough to buy!). I really enjoy how the show doesn't have any kind of naive JUSTICE look at crime/law. While I don't mind plots like that, it's nice to just see a more realistic view. It seems far more like a Lawyers mindset on things, you aren't going to find THE TRUTH and JUSTICE for your clients and those involved, all you can do is do your job to the best of your ability.

I'm a bit miffed that there are some songs in the soundtrack that are arranged differently in certain parts of the show, I'm an OST junky so it's horrible to find I won't be able to have those versions of the tracks!

The show is doing pretty well in ratings so I hope it gets a follow up in a special or another season sometime!

sunflower63 wrote:The acting was waay over the top for me and Komikado did absolutely nothing to raise my interest or make it fun. .
Haha, this seems like a weird complaint. It just seems like Japanese entertainment in a nutshell is over the top, from comedy routines, to comedies, dramas, animation, etc.
ps790 wrote:Many of us JP-EN bilinguals have worked in law firms, so some of this, like many dramas, looks hopelessly unrealistic. You would never, for example, in the real world see the same attorneys working this way in criminal law, copyright law, corporate law, etc. t.
It seems like Law and the process of Court can be interesting, but in a work of fiction you gotta suspend your disbelief a bit right? I can't imagine there being shows about how the legal system seriously works, even Law & Order is filled to the brim with ridiculous amounts of over the top drama. They've got to spice it up a bit to get us interested, not just with law but with most anything from shows about regular life, romance, crime stories, etc. Though, at least you aren't renouncing it for this reason.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jun 14th, '12, 05:37

I'm enjoying the series immensely. Sakai Masato is masterful. His exaggerated mannerism is perfect for the character with his speedy acid remarks and childish moments. Even with the over the top acting there's powerful subtlety mostly apparent throughout Ep 8 (the one with Komikado Sr.) and some in Ep.6 with his ex-wife.

Episode 8 blew me away and made me tear-up during Komikado Jr vs Sr. The situation might be an exaggeration but the difficult relationship between parent and child still felt familiar and relatable.
Komikado speech was amazing for his closing argument and later when his father said he has no son, it feels like a warm appraisal instead of an insult. They played the brilliant script wonderfully.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 15th, '12, 00:45

EPISODE 9!!! I love this episode so much! Legal High is on a roll! It keeps on churning out episodes that are better than the previous!
Does anyone else like the chemistry between Sakai Masato & Koike Eiko? :mrgreen:

ps790

Post by ps790 » Jun 15th, '12, 20:30

Although this drama is fun to watch, those of us who have worked in real law firms, especially doing litegation work, know what is shown in this drama has no connection whatsoever with the real world. Still, the silliness is fun to watch, although some of the dialog is so fast you may need to listen several times. Some lawyers in criminal and litegation cases clearly must have great acting ability, so somehow it seems natural that dramas would tend to focus on a world that also values acting.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Jun 17th, '12, 12:52

Hi Auvers,

for what concerns your remark to a part of my comment I agree with what you state that Japanese acting is generally quite over the top in all their comedy dramas but in most of the ones that I have seen and appreciated (My Boss My Hero, Nodame Cantabile, Don Quixote, Mukodono etc.) this type of acting is well balanced within the plot and makes sense in the story. Of course I have also appreciated many Jdramas in which over the top acting didn't exist at all but they were different genres.

For what concerns Legal High, I decided to stop watching it after the first episode as it just didn't 'click' for me, but I have seen that it is very appreciated on here and also in Japan its ratings are not bad. I suppose it is just a matter of different tastes...happy watching!

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jun 18th, '12, 03:06

sunflower63 wrote:Hi Auvers,

for what concerns your remark to a part of my comment I agree with what you state that Japanese acting is generally quite over the top in all their comedy dramas but in most of the ones that I have seen and appreciated (My Boss My Hero, Nodame Cantabile, Don Quixote, Mukodono etc.) this type of acting is well balanced within the plot and makes sense in the story. Of course I have also appreciated many Jdramas in which over the top acting didn't exist at all but they were different genres.

For what concerns Legal High, I decided to stop watching it after the first episode as it just didn't 'click' for me, but I have seen that it is very appreciated on here and also in Japan its ratings are not bad. I suppose it is just a matter of different tastes...happy watching!
sorry to barged since I too enjoyed the other dramas (My Boss My Hero, Nodame Cantabile, Mukodono etc.) in comparison of their balance with over the top antics, I disagree that Legal High lacked balance or sense. While Komikado has his eccentricities, his arguments makes so much sense. It's a calculated and intelligent over the top character, with plot containing the same balance witnessed in the dramas you just listed down. Gakki's laid back cuteness helps make a good balance too.

Maybe it's just a matter of taste. In one aspect Komikado/Sakai Masato is not a typical ikemen like Nagase Tomoya, Tamaki Hiroshi or Matsuda Shota but that's only my crude assumption at a glance.

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Jun 18th, '12, 08:16

I'd like to make a comparison.

I recently watched couple of episodes of misaki no. 1. in that series the assistant director/principal of the school is given some distinct mannerisims (sp?), she slightly over acts, uses too much body language and has a distinc talking manner (starts sentences normally but ends them in a weird speech impediment-al way).
After watching 3-4 episodes I felt that this was done for some comedic effect and mostly for marking the character as "not good/minor evil". If the series follows the cliches then at the end of the series the character will be transformed to good or will be realized that she was good after all.

In SPEC, Toda Erikas character was also with distinct characteristics (over acting, getting inside peoples personal space etc) that seperated her from the rest of the characters. I dont consider her a good actor so I dont feel she was successfull in fully representing the character but I felt this was also done deliberately but this time not for comedic effect. I felt that the caharacter was acting (or over acting if you will) that way to mask herself (in her case her observation skills and brilliance).

I only watched 4 episodes of Legal High and I reserve the right to change my mind but right now I feel Sakai Masato-sans over acting style falls in the second example I gave. I dont know what yet but I feel he is acting that way for some spesific cause; maybe to protect himself from hurting (again. it feels like there is something big between him and gakkys old boss), maybe masking (his brilliance so that his opponents dont take him seriously untill its too late?), maybe something else.

I look forward to finding out if my feeling is right or indeed if he was just over acting for comedic effect.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jun 18th, '12, 11:10

kirtil wrote:I'd like to make a comparison.

I recently watched couple of episodes of misaki no. 1. in that series the assistant director/principal of the school is given some distinct mannerisims (sp?), she slightly over acts, uses too much body language and has a distinc talking manner (starts sentences normally but ends them in a weird speech impediment-al way).
After watching 3-4 episodes I felt that this was done for some comedic effect and mostly for marking the character as "not good/minor evil". If the series follows the cliches then at the end of the series the character will be transformed to good or will be realized that she was good after all.

In SPEC, Toda Erikas character was also with distinct characteristics (over acting, getting inside peoples personal space etc) that seperated her from the rest of the characters. I dont consider her a good actor so I dont feel she was successfull in fully representing the character but I felt this was also done deliberately but this time not for comedic effect. I felt that the caharacter was acting (or over acting if you will) that way to mask herself (in her case her observation skills and brilliance).

I only watched 4 episodes of Legal High and I reserve the right to change my mind but right now I feel Sakai Masato-sans over acting style falls in the second example I gave. I dont know what yet but I feel he is acting that way for some spesific cause; maybe to protect himself from hurting (again. it feels like there is something big between him and gakkys old boss), maybe masking (his brilliance so that his opponents dont take him seriously untill its too late?), maybe something else.
I look forward to finding out if my feeling is right or indeed if he was just over acting for comedic effect
Its for both. :whistling:

The same is for the case of Toda Erika in SPEC. Touma was funny and has a baggage. Literally too. Erika was brilliant and I personally think she deserves heaps of praises for Touma. As for Komikado, he's rightfully overconfident. The guy is not hiding behind his hairdo or brashness. I don't think he's pretending to be bad but he's naturally a charming douche. Personally both characters quirks were perfectly portrayed by these actors. They were convincing and the characters are unforgettable (even if you happen to dislike the acting method).

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Jun 19th, '12, 16:38

Ep. 9 is an instant classic with Sakai giving one of the best speechs I have ever heard at the end. That was incredibly powerful. What a performance.

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Jun 22nd, '12, 18:51

EP 10 : I think Legal High is the best comedy since Hero. I'm incredibly sad it's going to end and I'm torn between my expectation of a second season or a SP, and the fact that those things are always a let down compared to the first season.

btw, if Masato Sakai doesn't win an award for that, it will be a shameful robbery.

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Jun 22nd, '12, 18:58

I haven't watched ep. 10 yet, but i agree with carsuke about the powerful speech of Komikado sensei at the end of ep.9. i witnessed one of the most powerful and moving speech of all times. He deserves credit for this. I love this dorama.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 24th, '12, 17:59

Haha,
I knew that the last fight would be Komikado vs. Mayuzumi.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 25th, '12, 01:16

I don't want this drama to end! But, alas, all good things must come to an end.
I seriously hope Komikado wins against Mayuzumi! :P

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 25th, '12, 06:24

totally_0bsessed wrote:
I do too, but I fear the worst...

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 26th, '12, 03:02

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:
I do too, but I fear the worst...
I fear the worst too... I'm getting nervous thinking about it. I think I would feel cheated if the writers made it look like Mayuzumi will just win by default just because she's described as the 'Asadora Heroine'.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 27th, '12, 03:30

totally_0bsessed wrote:
I fear the worst too... I'm getting nervous thinking about it. I think I would feel cheated if the writers made it look like Mayuzumi will just win by default just because she's described as the 'Asadora Heroine'.
Well, as much as I like Japanese dramas, as much do I have to be honest about one thing: Many good ones are totally let down by the ending. I just hope, Legal High is not one of them.

I really hope, that maybe some sort of revelation about the photo and Mikis connecteion to Komikado will change Mayuzumis point of view and that in the end, she will come back to him.

But, no matter how it ends: If Komikado does not end the dorama undefeated, I also will feel quite cheated.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jun 27th, '12, 19:10

totally_0bsessed wrote:I don't want this drama to end! But, alas, all good things must come to an end.
i have a feeling the opposite will happen.
they've been setting it up that way from the start.
i feel like there's going to be some lame predictable ending. he realizes that when both worked together, they were unstoppable but apart, he's not as strong (keep in mind, she's been helping him throughout the show and if it wasn't for her, he would have lost a lot of cases).

i have a feeling the student will 'best' the teacher. otherwise there'd be no point for mayuzumi to even be there. he'll realize how important mayuzumi is to him, be a bit more humble and less greedy, and then he'll change.

i seriously know this is the 'easy' predictable ending and have a feeling it will go that way..
then again, it could absolutely go the other way.
about to watch this now and find out!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 27th, '12, 23:04

xnopex wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:I don't want this drama to end! But, alas, all good things must come to an end.
i have a feeling the opposite will happen.
they've been setting it up that way from the start.
i feel like there's going to be some lame predictable ending. he realizes that when both worked together, they were unstoppable but apart, he's not as strong (keep in mind, she's been helping him throughout the show and if it wasn't for her, he would have lost a lot of cases).

i have a feeling the student will 'best' the teacher. otherwise there'd be no point for mayuzumi to even be there. he'll realize how important mayuzumi is to him, be a bit more humble and less greedy, and then he'll change.

i seriously know this is the 'easy' predictable ending and have a feeling it will go that way..
then again, it could absolutely go the other way.
about to watch this now and find out!
that's the reason why I wouldn't like this drama to take the predictable route because the run has been really witty with some unpredictable outcomes so I was seriously hoping they'd take the other way out.
I'll be watching the last ep soon too~ :D
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:
Well, as much as I like Japanese dramas, as much do I have to be honest about one thing: Many good ones are totally let down by the ending. I just hope, Legal High is not one of them.

I really hope, that maybe some sort of revelation about the photo and Mikis connecteion to Komikado will change Mayuzumis point of view and that in the end, she will come back to him.

But, no matter how it ends: If Komikado does not end the dorama undefeated, I also will feel quite cheated.
I wanna see the connection too!

Wakashimazu

Post by Wakashimazu » Jun 28th, '12, 15:29

After watching the final episode.... somehow I feel the same as Gakky at the end.
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! :lol

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jun 28th, '12, 15:50

Hmm, this drama is over.
Could not really say I dislike the end.
Who recognize Ono Erena in the final episode?
I think it was a good end.

BTW: I try to make a clip of the intro fightsequence. (song: Ono Erena - Erepyon)
http://www.badongo.com/file/27512402
http://depositfiles.com/files/6wfvi5y2z
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/79YS3C6MAKT

zephyrMZ

Post by zephyrMZ » Jun 28th, '12, 16:57

Who recognize Ono Erena in the final episode?
She's the cafe maid :D

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Jun 29th, '12, 00:56

Wakashimazu wrote:After watching the final episode.... somehow I feel the same as Gakky at the end.
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! :lol
Ahahaha... the ending was so messed up. :doh: LOL.

DragonSpikeXIII

Post by DragonSpikeXIII » Jun 29th, '12, 01:44

I've just finished watching the final episode and I must say I haven't been engaged by drama like this in a long time.

The final episode was a good ending but also a great episode in its own right , and it didn't even need an extra 10 or 15 minutes to do it! Despite the regular runtime, the extra bit of polish was apparent from the get-go and didn't let up.

Looking forward to the next season of this drama, absolutely loved every minute of it!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jun 29th, '12, 05:41

final episode is so "wtf" LOL :lol :lol
I don't really like the ending but the one I amuse is Sakai Masato's act. really nice and he got the feel :mrgreen:

Hope he will get award for best actor this year

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 30th, '12, 15:07

I just watches the ending and was pleasntly surprised. I like the way they made
Komikado win in the end. It's not like he crushed her because she is so bad, it's more like he won because she was good but overplayed her cards. With that, they showed that she is skilled, but still unexperienced.
The ending was just "Ohhh---kay....wtf?" :D

But one thing is still bogging me:
The scene in the begining was just a "fantsay flashback" of Mayuzumi, right? I mean, the picture was all blurred, she was looked more mature then before and Komikado was unexpectedly nice to her. I thought of this beeing her way of remembering how she asked hi to help her...but of course in reality it probably went a little bit different. Anyone agreeing with me on this?

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Jul 1st, '12, 21:04

DragonSpikeXIII wrote:ILooking forward to the next season of this drama, absolutely loved every minute of it!
There's gonna be another season? :unsure:
GaussAlgorithmus wrote: But one thing is still bogging me:
The scene in the begining was just a "fantsay flashback" of Mayuzumi, right? I mean, the picture was all blurred, she was looked more mature then before and Komikado was unexpectedly nice to her. I thought of this beeing her way of remembering how she asked hi to help her...but of course in reality it probably went a little bit different. Anyone agreeing with me on this?
Hmmm... I agree... the blurry soft focus style does kinda make it seem like a fantasy memory, but IMO it was just to let us now that it was a flashback sequence.

I think it really happened that way, since in the previous episode when they were making that video with the elderly people Komikado sensei was talking about how he wished she had more sex appeal and looked more like Masami Nagasawa. And since she needed a favor from him Mayuzumi tried to appear more sexy & stylish to get his attention, but in her usual way over did it a little.

I just find it funny that basically all Gakky has to do in this series to appear smart and sophisticated is to swoop one side of her hair back behind her ears. :D

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 1st, '12, 23:38

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I just watches the ending and was pleasntly surprised. I like the way they made
Komikado win in the end. It's not like he crushed her because she is so bad, it's more like he won because she was good but overplayed her cards. With that, they showed that she is skilled, but still unexperienced.
I really like the ending. But I have also prepared for the worst :P
Like I said before I want Komikado to win against Mayuzumi but I prepared myself that he'd end up losing. But, they really made him win which, made me really happy they went for that route. I also like how he won, just like GaussAlgorithmus said, Komikado won because Mayuzumi overplayed her cards. It really showed how much experience she still needs before she defeats Komikado which, according to him would still be a billion years away. :P
The trolling made me laugh so hard.
The series served its purpose of providing really good comedy. It was really enjoyable.
Since they left the ending open I'm pretty confident there'd at least be a special but I'm hoping for a season 2. :lol

mrhdperez

Post by mrhdperez » Jul 2nd, '12, 16:47

this is a very good show :))

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Jul 3rd, '12, 06:37

its very good show. not that good, but i feel its been a long time i watched a good comedy jdrama..

deserve to win something, esp the main actor..

SunnyGn

Post by SunnyGn » Jul 5th, '12, 03:19

Sakai Masato is amazing! Watched JOKER Yurusarezaru Sosakan and Atsu-hime and he never fails to amaze me!

MikeNolan

Post by MikeNolan » Oct 3rd, '12, 20:59

I love this legal high. Yui!!!!

agrias

Post by agrias » May 15th, '13, 12:04

totally_0bsessed wrote:
Since they left the ending open I'm pretty confident there'd at least be a special but I'm hoping for a season 2. :lol
So excited that there is not only a Special, but also season 2! This is Japanese comedy done well and is really enjoyable.

clakaz

Post by clakaz » May 21st, '13, 06:41

This drama is totally my thing. Extraordinaire. :clap:

The special don´t disappoint and delivers another big punch.
At this point the "tricks" of the screenplay are well known, but still always get me. Like how they use all the cliches of the feel good jdramas just to blow everything in the end like monkeys in the middle of porcelain.

The funny thing: even the parodical "preachy" parts works on the first level (let´s bring justice to world!) just because Sakai Masato is so good that actually, for a moment, you believe the Komikado became an asadora heroine. :lol

so :salut: for Legal High and waiting for the second season.