LaLaLaDRAMA

[Discussion] Sprout (2012)

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 2nd, '12, 05:02

Title: スプラウト
Title (romaji): Sprout
Broadcast network: NTV
Broadcast start: 7 July 2012
Air time: Saturday 12.50 a.m
Synopsis: One day, the father of Ikenouchi Miku (Morikawa Aoi) starts a boarding house and her high school classmate, Narahashi Sohei (Chinen Yuri), moves in to live under the same roof. Miku is initially opposed to it, but gradually falls for Sohei who does not have a care in the world. However, he already has a girlfriend … … --Jdrama Weblog

Info: \( -o _ o- )/

Softsubs provided by the team @ Sophia London LJCommunity ~ please say thank you when you download the softsubs

Info. copy and pasted from uploader's post.
Credit: crimsonskyx

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 2nd, '12, 05:08

This is one of the few dramas I like this season! It's only 30 minutes long.

I think that the main girl with the short hair, her face and acting is refreshing. Definitely an actress we will see more of in the future.The only thing that bugs me is the second main lead guy. His acting and facial expressions could be better, but what can we expect from a rookie actor.

I like the story line so far, and its a really cute high school love story. Seems to deal with unrequited love, first love, and friendship.

Just thought I'd make a discussion thread because the title does not sound like a title for a high school romance drama. I know a lot of people enjoy highschool dramas so just wanted to let the word out.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 13th, '12, 04:01

Am I the only one watching this? LOL I just finished episode 6 and can't wait for episode 7! I really like how realistic this love situation is.

I don't know who I want her to end up with... Anyone with definite opinion?
I am really torn in this love square going on. On one hand you have the typical second male lead who is nothing but sweet to her, and you also have the male lead who is really sweet too. Who to root for?
[/spoiler]

muimuimui

Post by muimuimui » Aug 13th, '12, 17:31

I'm watching this too but can't really get it without subs. Its a really different kind of drama. Where do you get the episodes from?

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 14th, '12, 01:08

muimuimui wrote:I'm watching this too but can't really get it without subs. Its a really different kind of drama. Where do you get the episodes from?
Well, I download the torrent from this site. I watch it without subs, but they offer soft subs http://sophia-london.livejournal.com/14285.html

Here is their homepage.http://sophia-london.livejournal.com/tag/

doumo4649

Post by doumo4649 » Aug 14th, '12, 01:28

okay, honestly, i started watching this just because Chinen is playing the lead role :P but as the story progresses, i am now confused as to who i want to end up with who xD i'm looking forward to the next episodes :)
am i the only one who thinks that miyuki and katagiri had some sort of "past"? :O because the way they talked at the aquarium and when she hugged him...? you think she's the girl w/ katagiri in ep 1?

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 14th, '12, 02:05

doumo4649 wrote:okay, honestly, i started watching this just because Chinen is playing the lead role :P but as the story progresses, i am now confused as to who i want to end up with who xD i'm looking forward to the next episodes :)
am i the only one who thinks that miyuki and katagiri had some sort of "past"? :O because the way they talked at the aquarium and when she hugged him...? you think she's the girl w/ katagiri in ep 1?
I think Miyuki liked Katagiri (his first name is Hayato right?) in the past but he showed no interest in her probably. But I don't think she is the girl from episode 1.

I always root for the male lead to get the girl. I don't have second lead syndrome so I don't feel too bad, but for some reason, I feel like Hayato is actually the guy who helped her out by the stairs (who she claims is her first love). I think she just mistakenly thinks that Sohei is the guy that helped her out. Because in episode 1 around 8 minute mark Sohei asks Hayato "don't you know Miku?"

doumo4649

Post by doumo4649 » Aug 14th, '12, 02:54

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
doumo4649 wrote:okay, honestly, i started watching this just because Chinen is playing the lead role :P but as the story progresses, i am now confused as to who i want to end up with who xD i'm looking forward to the next episodes :)
I think Miyuki liked Katagiri (his first name is Hayato right?) in the past but he showed no interest in her probably. But I don't think she is the girl from episode 1.

I always root for the male lead to get the girl. I don't have second lead syndrome so I don't feel too bad, but for some reason, I feel like Hayato is actually the guy who helped her out by the stairs (who she claims is her first love). I think she just mistakenly thinks that Sohei is the guy that helped her out. Because in episode 1 around 8 minute mark Sohei asks Hayato "don't you know Miku?"
oooh...thanks for your opinion :) i'm really excited about this drama

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 15th, '12, 11:59

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: I think that the main girl with the short hair, her face and acting is refreshing. Definitely an actress we will see more of in the future.The only thing that bugs me is the second main lead guy. His acting and facial expressions could be better, but what can we expect from a rookie actor.

I like the story line so far, and its a really cute high school love story. Seems to deal with unrequited love, first love, and friendship.
I agree. The main girl, Aoi someone is really good. I mean a high school girl's first love is never too complicated and I can see her really bring that out along with the fact that it's the end of the world because the boy she loves has a girlfriend!

The other main guy, that's Jesse Lewis - if you mean the tall dude. :wub: He's pretty cute for a 15 year old but you're right, his face is blank of emotion. Even when he acted in Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou which in my opinion is the worst acted drama ever!! :cussing: But he'll probably grow as time goes. Yamapi is famous for expressionless emotions but he is sometimes, a brilliant actor!

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 16th, '12, 03:50

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: I think that the main girl with the short hair, her face and acting is refreshing. Definitely an actress we will see more of in the future.The only thing that bugs me is the second main lead guy. His acting and facial expressions could be better, but what can we expect from a rookie actor.

I agree. The main girl, Aoi someone is really good. I mean a high school girl's first love is never too complicated and I can see her really bring that out along with the fact that it's the end of the world because the boy she loves has a girlfriend!

The other main guy, that's Jesse Lewis - if you mean the tall dude. :wub: He's pretty cute for a 15 year old but you're right, his face is blank of emotion. Even when he
acted in Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou which in my opinion is the worst acted drama ever!! :cussing: But he'll probably grow as time goes. Yamapi is famous for expressionless emotions but he is sometimes, a brilliant actor!
Wow, he looked young, but I didn't think he was 15. I would have guessed 17.
Yeah, no emotion whatsoever, but again, he has lots of room to grow. And I never heard of Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou, when I have free time, I might just watch it for the sake of laughing at the acting LOL.

O gosh, I just went to go check out the synopsis for that drama (yes, curiosity got the best of me). Please don't tell me he plays a delinquent boy. If anything he looks like the type best fit to play a rich boy bullied for money.

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 16th, '12, 04:39

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:

O gosh, I just went to go check out the synopsis for that drama (yes, curiosity got the best of me). Please don't tell me he plays a delinquent boy. If anything he looks like the type best fit to play a rich boy bullied for money.
He is. And he's so small and different from the character of Hayato Katagiri I wouldn't know it was him except he has an English name and it stands out. The boys in Bakaleya are not all that bad. The main guy's in this year's remake of GTO also, he's a bit like Yamachan :D

But I personally prefer the acting of Yamachan to Chinen. He's cute and all, but he not as good an actor.

You should watch Beginners! Now that is awesome!! :wub: :wub:

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 18th, '12, 04:24

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
He is. And he's so small and different from the character of Hayato Katagiri I wouldn't know it was him except he has an English name and it stands out. The boys in Bakaleya are not all that bad. The main guy's in this year's remake of GTO also, he's a bit like Yamachan :D

But I personally prefer the acting of Yamachan to Chinen. He's cute and all, but he not as good an actor.

You should watch Beginners! Now that is awesome!! :wub: :wub:
Thank you for the recommendation! I will go check it out when I finish my dramas.

I never heard of Chinen before this drama, but he isn't all too bad considering he's an "idol" and not an actor. Personally, I prefer Chinen's acting. It seems more natural. But maybe its because I'm not a fan of yamapi. I must be biased! :D

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 18th, '12, 06:44

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
Yamachan is Ryosuke Yamada, the main face from Hey Say Jump, not Yamapi :)

Chinen's not bad, it's just that I think Yamada is a better actor. Have you watched any of his dramas? You should watch the third episode of Kazuya Kamenashi's One Pound Gospel. Chinen is there and he's so tiny and so adorable :wub:

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 19th, '12, 00:49

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
My o my!! You meant Ryosuke Yamada..LOL I can DEFINITELY with absolute certainty say I prefer Chinen's acting over Ryosuke Yamada. At least Chinen I can watch with a straight face. The only drama I saw Yamada was in Risou no Musuko. I couldn't even get past half of episode one because of HIM! It wasn't for his acting though. He was too girly looking. I felt uncomfortable watching him.

One Pound Gospel? I will remember to check that out. Thank you!

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 19th, '12, 14:30

Well all Japanese guys are pretty it's kinda uncomfortable at times :) I think the only manly Japanese actor I know is Hiroki Narimiya... The rest are very very beautiful :P

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 20th, '12, 10:59

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:Well all Japanese guys are pretty it's kinda uncomfortable at times :) I think the only manly Japanese actor I know is Hiroki Narimiya... The rest are very very beautiful :P
LOL you have a good point!

I watched episode 7:
I LOVE how this drama is so realistic. Even though there's some room for improvement in terms of acting, I think this drama does a great job at conveying these feelings of first love, awkward moments, jealously, etc.

AHH!! I think I'm shipping Sohei and Miku. This is further confirmation that I don't have second lead syndrome. I can't bear to see Sohei jealous of seeing Miku with Hayato.

And Miku looked so cute with her outfit and hair like that. I want her date outfit.

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 20th, '12, 13:10

[/quote]

AHH!! I think I'm shipping Sohei and Miku. This is further confirmation that I don't have second lead syndrome. I can't bear to see Sohei jealous of seeing Miku with Hayato.

And Miku looked so cute with her outfit and hair like that. I want her date outfit.
[/quote]

I know!! Awesome outfit! Did you watch it without subs? My Japanese is technically alright so I understood plenty but I hate when her thoughts come because I can't read Kanji and I'm like OMG what's she saying :P
I can't pick a side!! All this time I was Team Sohei which is funny cuz I have second lead syndrome and just not I feel I don't want sweet, considerate Hayato to lose the girl :( Sohei's jealous faces were awesome!! I like the kinda agey, old soft feel this drama has, I can't explain it.
Oh here's something for you, Chinen's not there, but Jesse Lewis is, and all the Bakaleya Boys. Enjoy :P http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/411890

doumo4649

Post by doumo4649 » Aug 20th, '12, 14:42

the story is getting better :D

my thoughts on ep 7:

i was like, " ahhh, finaly sohei!!" i was starting to get worried that it may only be a one-sided love on Miku's part and that SOhei will only recognize her if he found out about Hayato and Miyuki's "relationship". Good thing i was wrong :P

and based on he preview, the next episode would be soooo exciting ne? :D we might finally know what's the real deal between Hayato and Miyuki (or was I the only one curious about that? :whistling:

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 20th, '12, 16:50

doumo4649 wrote:the story is getting better :D

my thoughts on ep 7:

and based on he preview, the next episode would be soooo exciting ne? :D we might finally know what's the real deal between Hayato and Miyuki (or was I the only one curious about that? :whistling:
Daro?! :cheers: :D
I'm super excited, though I'm guessing it's some form of romance before Sohei came into the scene! Personally, despite my slight irritation at Johnnies (nothing personal with the boys, just the dude behind them!) I really do like the character Chinen has given Sohei. I read the manga, :w00t: and the 3d Sohei is more likable than the 2D one :)

Even though I read it, there's no Hayato in the manga (THE HORROR!!!!) so I'm glad the ending is spoiler free for me :D

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 20th, '12, 17:24

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
I know!! Awesome outfit! Did you watch it without subs? My Japanese is technically alright so I understood plenty but I hate when her thoughts come because I can't read Kanji and I'm like OMG what's she saying :P
I can't pick a side!! All this time I was Team Sohei which is funny cuz I have second lead syndrome and just not I feel I don't want sweet, considerate Hayato to lose the girl :( Sohei's jealous faces were awesome!! I like the kinda agey, old soft feel this drama has, I can't explain it.
Oh here's something for you, Chinen's not there, but Jesse Lewis is, and all the Bakaleya Boys. Enjoy :P http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/411890
Yes, I watched it without subs, and I can't read kanji either! I kind of have to play fill in the blank to guess what there saying, so I know how you feel!
Yes, I really felt for Sohei. When he was uncomfortable seeing Miku with Hayato. It broke my heart! Well, the good thing is that Miku expressed her feelings to him before. That gave me peace of mind.
And I agree with you about the feel of the drama. Its kind of really comfortable to watch because the backdrop of the drama is very subtle, and also this drama isn't loud and in your face like other teenage dramas, I guess. The pace is very good, and I'm glad they are going straight to the point.

Everytime I read "Jesse Lewis" I keep on picturing a middle age biker on a Harley Davidson motorcycle! I have to get used to his name! But maybe he just doesn't have stage presence, but I was looking from him from the beginning, but I couldn't spot him! But I did see that guy from the new GTO you were talking about.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 20th, '12, 17:38

my thoughts on ep 7:

Yes, I agree! I was curious about it too!! From what I've seen up to this point, its a one sided crush from Miyuki. But I hope for the sake of Hayato, that he liked her too, but some sort of misunderstanding prevented anything from happening to them. I mean, maybe my thoughts are far-fetched, but I hope there is happy ending for Hayato!
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:?! :cheers: :D
I'm super excited, though I'm guessing it's some form of romance before Sohei came into the scene! Personally, despite my slight irritation at Johnnies (nothing personal with the boys, just the dude behind them!) I really do like the character Chinen has given Sohei. I read the manga, :w00t: and the 3d Sohei is more likable than the 2D one :)

Even though I read it, there's no Hayato in the manga (THE HORROR!!!!) so I'm glad the ending is spoiler free for me :D
So this drama is an adaptation from a manga? This whole time I was thinking it was adapted from a short novel or something, because of the feel of the drama. But the manga didn't have Hayato character? Its good they added him in here, so it makes Miku seem more desirable and it isn't so much a one-sided crush.

I think Chinen does a really good job with Sohei's character. The emotions and everything is very real and natural. I just wish they wouldn't zoom in on his face since I get distracted seeing makeup on his face! LOL

I want to hear your slight irritations on Johnnies. Care to share?

I do like the older Johnnies like: Kimura Takuya, Nishikido Ryo, and others I can't name. But recent Johnnies, they don't have much substance (in my opinion), and isn't easy on the eyes like the older ones.

doumo4649

Post by doumo4649 » Aug 21st, '12, 08:45

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:

my thoughts on ep 7:

Yes, I agree! I was curious about it too!! From what I've seen up to this point, its a one sided crush from Miyuki. But I hope for the sake of Hayato, that he liked her too, but some sort of misunderstanding prevented anything from happening to them. I mean, maybe my thoughts are far-fetched, but I hope there is happy ending for Hayato!
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:?! :cheers: :D

So this drama is an adaptation from a manga? This whole time I was thinking it was adapted from a short novel or something, because of the feel of the drama. But the manga didn't have Hayato character? Its good they added him in here, so it makes Miku seem more desirable and it isn't so much a one-sided crush.

I think Chinen does a really good job with Sohei's character. The emotions and everything is very real and natural. I just wish they wouldn't zoom in on his face since I get distracted seeing makeup on his face! LOL

I want to hear your slight irritations on Johnnies. Care to share?

I do like the older Johnnies like: Kimura Takuya, Nishikido Ryo, and others I can't name. But recent Johnnies, they don't have much substance (in my opinion), and isn't easy on the eyes like the older ones.
yes, this is a manga adaptation :) i was not able to read it, but based on reviews and such, i think that the story is a bit different
i read somewhere that Miku in the manga already has a boyfriend (and a perfectly good one too) at the beginning of the story so many readers were annoyed when she chose to "leave" him for Sohei.

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 21st, '12, 14:31

Gaah!! So much discussion I'm getting swamped! :)

So
Miku dumping boyfriend for Sohei is true! His name is Kataoka, so maybe they based Hayato on him. But he's a sempai and he gets kinda nasty towards Sohei later on.

There's no fated-I-Know-This-Hand either. Miku genuinely falls for him after he hangs around the house... So I think the live action creates a better beginning. Sohei and Miku bound by fate is cool :D
I get distracted seeing makeup on his face! LOL
Me too, me too!! :) I start counting pimples :P

And finally the Johnnies!

I absolutely adore KimuTaku and Ninomiya Kazunari and Ryo Nishikido. Daww do I adore them!! <3 I also have a huge celebrity crush on Taisuke Fujigaya and ever since I found out that petite Hiromitsu Kitayama (also from Kisumai) was 27 years old yet so angelic and dorjus I kinda am falling for him too :) But their ultra feminity is something that Johnny Kitagawa created. He practically owns their lives and it kinda pisses me off that they all have to be so pristine and feminine - like Kazuya Kamenashi who is a brilliant, brilliant actor btw. Does that make sense? :cussing:

It would be nice if there was a manly Johnny, you know? Like Hiroki Narimiya is pretty manly. KimuTaku is also, but only recently...

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 22nd, '12, 23:23

The anime sounds interesting! Well, its good that the drama has its own spin to it so that it isn't predictable for people who already read the manga.

LOL and I'm glad I wasn't the only one distracted with the close up shots.

And about Johnnies...I have to admit. When I see an "idol-looking" new face, I always assume they are from Johnnies. But I think he just doesn't scout manly looking guys because they don't scream "teen idol."

I think Nishikido Ryo is as manly as it will get from Johnnies. Other ones, the hairstyle, perfectly shaped eyebrows..really makes them too feminine. Ninomiya is kind of cute.

But I do agree! Kamenashi Kazuya is so feminine. I never seen much of his dramas, but I've seen him in Nobuta o produce, and when he tied his bangs up, he really looked like a decent looking girl. LOL

You know who I thought was really adorable and cute from Johnnies?
Nakayama Yuma. I saw him in KOISHITE AKUMA (which was ok..I wasn't able to watch the drama with a straight face) but I thought he has so much potential in terms of look for such a young boy. If only he was in his 20's. That boy is still a teen.

Yup, and I just noticed we go off topic in every post. :)

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 23rd, '12, 05:51

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:But I think he just doesn't scout manly looking guys because they don't scream "teen idol."
Probably, I read this article about it in the guardian, apparently, Johnny's formula for idols is this. "Girls tend to look for biys who're the complete opposite of their fathers, not fat, sweaty, manly and bearded." I was watching Kitayama Hiromitsu's documentary yesterday and he says he's bringing a shaver with him on his backpacking trip because he's 'in Johnny's and I can't have a beard!' :blink :blink
That's ok I guess, but sometimes when the boys act overfeminine just for fanservice, I wish there were regular boys who were also idols you know?
You know who I thought was really adorable and cute from Johnnies?
Nakayama Yuma. I saw him in KOISHITE AKUMA (which was ok..I wasn't able to watch the drama with a straight face) but I thought he has so much potential in terms of look for such a young boy. If only he was in his 20's. That boy is still a teen.

Yup, and I just noticed we go off topic in every post. :)
Yuma is hot, I have't seen the drama, but I'm guessing he makes one sexy vamp :wub:
Wonder why he's not in the spotlight much...
You know, getting back on topic, :P I feel just like Miku about Hayato after all the sweet things he said in Ep7. Now I wish Sohei would just leave off, but then again, Sohei and Miku is awesome too... Arrrgh!! The pain!! :alcoholic:

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 25th, '12, 02:13

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:Probably, I read this article about it in the guardian, apparently, Johnny's formula for idols is this. "Girls tend to look for biys who're the complete opposite of their fathers, not fat, sweaty, manly and bearded." I was watching Kitayama Hiromitsu's documentary yesterday and he says he's bringing a shaver with him on his backpacking trip because he's 'in Johnny's and I can't have a beard!' :blink :blink
That's ok I guess, but sometimes when the boys act overfeminine just for fanservice, I wish there were regular boys who were also idols you know?

Yuma is hot, I have't seen the drama, but I'm guessing he makes one sexy vamp :wub:

Wonder why he's not in the spotlight much...
You know, getting back on topic, :P I feel just like Miku about Hayato after all the sweet things he said in Ep7. Now I wish Sohei would just leave off, but then again, Sohei and Miku is awesome too... Arrrgh!! The pain!! :alcoholic:
Wow, thats one interesting formula he has there. And I can't stand over feminine guys either! But when it comes to good looking idols, I prefer idols from kpop. :P They wear eyeliners though :goggle: But they are more manly and have better build.

I saw Yuma once and that was that. I wouldn't recommend the drama though. LOL I always laughed when he started exposing his fangs. I think he is part of a boy band, just like other Johnnies.

2 more days before episode 8!!
LOL at your fuzzy feeling for Hayato. What girl wouldn't swoon for a guy that answers "What are you saying? This place has been always yours" when Miku asked "Is it okay for me to stay here?" while back hugging. That scene boosted up Hayato's appeal.

I'm really glad you are rooting for both guys! At least I don't feel too bad for rooting for Sohei, who already has a girlfriend. But I kind of thought Miku moved on REALLY quickly to Hayato. I guess that's what happens when people get outright rejected.

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 25th, '12, 12:42

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
LOL at your fuzzy feeling for Hayato. What girl wouldn't swoon for a guy that answers "What are you saying? This place has been always yours" when Miku asked "Is it okay for me to stay here?" while back hugging. That scene boosted up Hayato's appeal.

I'm really glad you are rooting for both guys! At least I don't feel too bad for rooting for Sohei, who already has a girlfriend. But I kind of thought Miku moved on REALLY quickly to Hayato. I guess that's what happens when people get outright rejected.
That's probably the catch! It only occured to me when you said it! Maybe Miku doesn't really LOVE love Hayato, maybe he's like her rebound boy, y'know because she's trying to forget about Sohei!! :scratch: :scratch: But it annoyed me, when Miku nearly bumps into Sohei in the morning and she says "His smile has lost its appeal." Come on, surely she can't have completely unloved him in a day!! I mean feelings last a very long time right? That kinda makes it unrealistic
Right now I'm really into Beginners!. It's a great drama, have you watched it yet? You should! Episode tonight!! I'm telling myself I'll wait for the subs but I'll probably run to dramacrazy tomorrow morning :P

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 26th, '12, 21:26

Yes! I watched Beginners! first episode. I want to download the torrent but it is password protected and I can't seem to open the file on my laptop. But its on my to watch list. I liked the feel of the drama. I really think that tall dude in the class is hot! Hopefully he get many scenes. Also, I've seen the lead guy on one high school drama. I think he suits a lively character like this drama, than a serious bad boy role - he looks better when he smiles vs. straight face. I will for sure catch this drama. If it wasn't for you, I probably would have ignored this drama since the synopsis and the drama picture didn't appeal to me.

And about SPROUT:
I thought the same way when she said that about his smile! But after giving it some thought, I think the writers are trying to make a point here. That Miku made a decision the night before that she was going to move on. Hence, the next day, she was able to see Sohei in a different light. I think every girl can relate to that feeling. You know, liking someone for a long time, but once you decide to move on, you are able to realize "wow, he's not all that."

But next episode.. I think her feelings will go back to Sohei. Hayato is definitely a rebound boy. The only reason why Miku decided to move on was because she knew that she wasn't able to compete with Miyuki for Sohei. But looking at the preview, I'm sure she will have a good shot at Sohei. Considering the truth between Miyuki and Hayato will be revealed, and the fact that Sohei is starting to have feelings for Miku. I cannot wait!! :cheers:

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 27th, '12, 12:24

Here's the password
6EWe6A7u6a
:D

I'm on episode six now and it's totally awesome. The lead guy is Taisuke Fujigaya from Kis-my-ft2 yet another Johnny band :P And the tall dude from the beginning is also in Yankee-kun to Megane-chan which is the first drama I ever watched and I totally loved!!! He has a bigger role in that so if you liked him you should check it out.

About SPROUT:
I suppose the sudden change in Miku's feelings was to force a turning point, after all it's a half hour long series and you gotta move on. But wouldn't it have been sweeter if Miku fell gradually for Hayato during the date? Like I did..lol

I'm pretty excited to know where they're gonna go from here. Kinda a blow for Sohei, he's so damn loyal to a girl who claims I love your best friend in front of him. And why the hell was she so possesive over Sohei if she didn't really love him anyhoo? So many questions and dramacrazy still hasn't uploaded it.
So wating waiting...

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 29th, '12, 06:40

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:Here's the password
6EWe6A7u6a
:D

I'm on episode six now and it's totally awesome. The lead guy is Taisuke Fujigaya from Kis-my-ft2 yet another Johnny band :P And the tall dude from the beginning is also in Yankee-kun to Megane-chan which is the first drama I ever watched and I totally loved!!! He has a bigger role in that so if you liked him you should check it out.

About SPROUT:
I suppose the sudden change in Miku's feelings was to force a turning point, after all it's a half hour long series and you gotta move on. But wouldn't it have been sweeter if Miku fell gradually for Hayato during the date? Like I did..lol

I'm pretty excited to know where they're gonna go from here. Kinda a blow for Sohei, he's so damn loyal to a girl who claims I love your best friend in front of him. And why the hell was she so possesive over Sohei if she didn't really love him anyhoo? So many questions and dramacrazy still hasn't uploaded it.
So wating waiting...
Hey thanks for the pw! And about that guy, I watched Yankee-kun and Megane-chan, but he didn't appeal to me then. LOL

And about you falling for Hayato. PUAHAHA :cheers: :lol

And about Sohei
I know. Sohei is so loyal to her. But did she really claim she loves Hayato in front of him? I didn't pay much attention to the preview, but I thought she was talking in past tense no? Yeah, but Miyuki's character needs major explanation. Her actions contradicts so much. And episode 8 hasn't been uploaded yet...

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Aug 29th, '12, 07:28

kyaaaa can't wait for the sub...

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Aug 31st, '12, 10:50

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: And episode 8 hasn't been uploaded yet...
So according to TokyoHive, Sprout and Ghost Mama weren't aired last Saturday because there was some charity show on and they had to make room for it. Which is why there was no episode :D

But there'll be one along tomorrow!! I can't wait to sort things out with Miyuki and all her confusions, but I'm guessing you're right, she's talking in the past tense :argue: :argue: :argue: :cussing: :cussing:

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Sep 1st, '12, 05:44

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: And episode 8 hasn't been uploaded yet...
So according to TokyoHive, Sprout and Ghost Mama weren't aired last Saturday because there was some charity show on and they had to make room for it. Which is why there was no episode :D

But there'll be one along tomorrow!! I can't wait to sort things out with Miyuki and all her confusions, but I'm guessing you're right, she's talking in the past tense :argue: :argue: :argue: :cussing: :cussing:
OO ok! That explains why SPROUT and Ghost Mama (I'm actually watching that too!) wasn't uploaded. I cannot wait for this to all be resolved as well. I wonder how long this drama lasts...I hope we aren't nearing the final episode yet.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Sep 3rd, '12, 05:32

So I watched episode 8:
I felt like this episode was pretty pointless.. Right when I thought they were going to get to the bottom of Hayato + Miyuki situation, I see the name of sponsors rolling at the bottom. The episode passed by so quickly without going anywhere. The highlight of the episode was when Hayato looked into Miku's room and said "Today, I thought I was going to stay in the same room with you." That part almost made me choke on food. I really don't know if Hayato's character was written that way, or Jesse is seriously a poor actor.
Was I the only one who didn't get the point of episode 8? Anyone with different thoughts?

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Sep 3rd, '12, 09:30

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:So I watched episode 8:
Right when I thought they were going to get to the bottom of Hayato + Miyuki situation, I see the name of sponsors rolling at the bottom. The episode passed by so quickly without going anywhere.
[/spoiler]
So true! It was pointless and annoying. I mean the beginning was a bit funny when the whole crowd abandons Sohei and Miku in the house, I thought there was a tension, even when Miku claims she's gotten over Sohei. Did I not understand Takeru properly? Or did he just bring up the hug scene but not say anything other than "Are you serious about Ikenouchi?"
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: The highlight of the episode was when Hayato looked into Miku's room and said "Today, I thought I was going to stay in the same room with you." That part almost made me choke on food. I really don't know if Hayato's character was written that way, or Jesse is seriously a poor actor.
Jesse's super cute but he's been rather expressionless throughout the series. Don't get me wrong, I adores the character of Hayato! LOL :whistling: I'm thinking the cheesiness was written in and not Jesse a 100%

And Miyuki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What did she say at the end? After apologizing for the hugging? I'm not sure I got the tense right! Damn her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Episode 9 looks somewhat better, but is it going downhill again?!!!

I feel annoyed with the whole lot of them after Episode 8, maybe when the show ends I will have only one favorite character left - Kou Katagiri Kawaii ~ :wub: :wub: :wub:

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Sep 3rd, '12, 20:06

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
So true! It was pointless and annoying. I mean the beginning was a bit funny when the whole crowd abandons Sohei and Miku in the house, I thought there was a tension, even when Miku claims she's gotten over Sohei. Did I not understand Takeru properly? Or did he just bring up the hug scene but not say anything other than "Are you serious about Ikenouchi?"
Yup, pretty much. Just asked whether Hayato was seriously dating Miku. When Hayato said "yeah" Takeru said "then don't do stuff like that anymore. We saw you and Miyuki at the bus stop." He went on to say "Don't hurt anyone's feelings..." before everyone came out.
tsuki_kurosaki wrote: super cute but he's been rather expressionless throughout the series. Don't get me wrong, I adores the character of Hayato! LOL :whistling: I'm thinking the cheesiness was written in and not Jesse a 100%
Puahaha!! You are seriously too kind towards Jesse. Well, I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's given direction to act like that.
tsuki_kurosaki wrote: Miyuki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[What did she say at the end? After apologizing for the hugging? I'm not sure I got the tense right! Damn her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha! She just said "I'm so sorry. I used to like Hayato."

You know what I also didn't get? When Hayato and Miyuki was talking alone together, the two of them NEVER mentioned what "that" was. I mean, Hayato was like "Hey, don't do stuff like that anymore." and Miyuki said "Sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking doing stuff like that to you" So why did Miku look super hurt?! I was watching it thinking...did I miss something in between? I would REALLY like to know Miku's assumption on what "that" was. LOL
tsuki_kurosaki wrote: 9 looks somewhat better, but is it going downhill again?!!

I feel annoyed with the whole lot of them after Episode 8, maybe when the show ends I will have only one favorite character left - Kou Katagiri Kawaii ~ :wub: :wub: :wub:
I think episode 9 would be better. I don't think it can get worse than a pointless episode. Kou Katagiri? He is very kawaii! Want to pinch his cheeks! I guess he can do no wrong. :P

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Sep 4th, '12, 11:38

Takeru is not just being a good friend, he's in love with Miyuki too right? I just wish they'd sorted things out there.. I mean, it's not real life, everything must happen for a reason in a tv show, so why bring it up if they were gonna get interrupted? argh!
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: You are seriously too kind towards Jesse.
Nah, you got me wrong there. I love the character Jesse plays, Jesse himself makes me feel constipated, standing around so stiff and all... But I'm also thinking, he's just a kid, so let's see how he pans out :D

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:

So why did Miku look super hurt?! I was watching it thinking...did I miss something in between? I would REALLY like to know Miku's assumption on what "that" was.
I assumed I'd gotten my Japanese wrong! I was also wondering why the unrealistic amounts of angst. I mean, "I used to," means she's well over it right? So why the fretting? Maybe since both of them don't say what "that" is, Sohei and Miku's wild imagination kicked in :P :crazy:
Well here's to episode 9! And yeah, Kou is just the awesomest, stalking into houses like he owns the place and inviting himself to dinners :P Adooorable!! Gonna google him like right now :P

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Sep 5th, '12, 06:15

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
Takeru is not just being a good friend, he's in love with Miyuki too right? I just wish they'd sorted things out there.. I mean, it's not real life, everything must happen for a reason in a tv show, so why bring it up if they were gonna get interrupted? argh!
Wow, I completely forgot about Takeru liking her. I thought it was just a light crush?
tsuki_kurosaki wrote:Nah, you got me wrong there. I love the character Jesse plays, Jesse himself makes me feel constipated, standing around so stiff and all... But I'm also thinking, he's just a kid, so let's see how he pans out :D
PUAHAHAHA!! You are hilarious!

tsuki_kurosaki wrote:
I assumed I'd gotten my Japanese wrong! I was also wondering why the unrealistic amounts of angst. I mean, "I used to," means she's well over it right? So why the fretting? Maybe since both of them don't say what "that" is, Sohei and Miku's wild imagination kicked in :P :crazy:
Right? I mean, they will feel pathetic once knowing that she just hugged him while crying over her fear of losing Sohei. And if I was Sohei, I would be more curious about when she liked Hayato. Aren't they going out since middle school? So much things they could have answered in episode 8, but they chose to create more questions instead..Tsk Tsk..
tsuki_kurosaki wrote: here's to episode 9! And yeah, Kou is just the awesomest, stalking into houses like he owns the place and inviting himself to dinners :P Adooorable!! Gonna google him like right now :P

Episode 9 hopefully won't disappoint! LOL I'm guessing that boy comes from Johnnys too huh?

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Oct 1st, '12, 01:20

Wow, just finished watching all episodes and all I can say is: this is a very good dorama. Just loved it.
May be a little specific on target audience but it was beautifully written and shot (not the classic corny love story)
Hope to see more of these kids taking bigger parts in the future.

tsuki_kurosaki

Post by tsuki_kurosaki » Oct 1st, '12, 12:45

<b> LaLaLaDRAMA </b> So did you finish Sprout? Episode 10 and 11 totally got on my nerves and I was this close to running away screaming but the ending was just too cute!! Tell me after you watch it so we can discuss in detail :D

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Oct 4th, '12, 18:57

Although I didn't see finish the whole series, I agree with you Zweihander11! I think the background location etc is very calm and relaxing.

Hey Tsuki!
No, I have it all downloaded, but have not got around to watching it because school started.

But I did watch episode 9 just now. I know you watched the whole series, so I just have random comments about episode 9:
Watching Sohei be in denial about having feelings for Miku was starting to tire me out. I'm so glad that Miyuki finally confronted him, so that episode 10 won't be so pointless.

Also, throughout this drama, the soccer manager senpai girl keeps on getting scenes. What the heck is her purpose in this drama?! Hopefully it is answered after watching episode 10 and 11. But I think she is really pretty! Like a prettier version of Nagasawa Masami, so I bet she is going to have a bright future considering Nagasawa's popularity with average acting skills.

OMG! The highlight in episode 9 is practically the scene where Hayato is working at the café. And all the girls are talking so loud at such a quiet place about how good looking he is. So over the top!! And you would think that if your bf is within hearing distance, that they would have the sense to speak in a lower voice. The real kick is Hayato just standing practically a meter across of their table eavsdropping...I mean come on! Be more discrete. LOL

But one of Miku’s girlfriend with the short hair, she is so pretty! This drama seriously have lots of up and coming stars! I know Chinen is already popular, but I'm not sure how Chinen would do when he gets older and starts looking for more mature roles. He won’t have much choice when the leading actress starts wearing high heels, and he still looks like he belongs in middle school!!

So all in all, I guess this episode was somewhat purposeful in the fact that Miyuki confronted Sohei.
My response might be late due to school load, but I will check up on this forum when I get the time. You can start your critique about episode 10 because I will probably watch it later this week! :D

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Oct 4th, '12, 20:46

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:Although I didn't see finish the whole series, I agree with you Zweihander11! I think the background location etc is very calm and relaxing.

Hey Tsuki!
No, I have it all downloaded, but have not got around to watching it because school started.

But I did watch episode 9 just now. I know you watched the whole series, so I just have random comments about episode 9:
Watching Sohei be in denial about having feelings for Miku was starting to tire me out. I'm so glad that Miyuki finally confronted him, so that episode 10 won't be so pointless.

Also, throughout this drama, the soccer manager senpai girl keeps on getting scenes. What the heck is her purpose in this drama?! Hopefully it is answered after watching episode 10 and 11. But I think she is really pretty! Like a prettier version of Nagasawa Masami, so I bet she is going to have a bright future considering Nagasawa's popularity with average acting skills.

OMG! The highlight in episode 9 is practically the scene where Hayato is working at the café. And all the girls are talking so loud at such a quiet place about how good looking he is. So over the top!! And you would think that if your bf is within hearing distance, that they would have the sense to speak in a lower voice. The real kick is Hayato just standing practically a meter across of their table eavsdropping...I mean come on! Be more discrete. LOL

But one of Miku’s girlfriend with the short hair, she is so pretty! This drama seriously have lots of up and coming stars! I know Chinen is already popular, but I'm not sure how Chinen would do when he gets older and starts looking for more mature roles. He won’t have much choice when the leading actress starts wearing high heels, and he still looks like he belongs in middle school!!

So all in all, I guess this episode was somewhat purposeful in the fact that Miyuki confronted Sohei.
My response might be late due to school load, but I will check up on this forum when I get the time. You can start your critique about episode 10 because I will probably watch it later this week! :D
Yup, the locations, the music and the overall feelings are very well exposed. Somehow it makes it so fun and smooth.

HanieCullen

Post by HanieCullen » Aug 1st, '13, 20:26

I just finished watching this dorama. I love it so much :wub:
I want to have an eternity first love too :cry:
But I was wondering if anyone know what the line in the picture below means. It's from episode 9 at 08:42 marks after Miku & Souhei have their talk. Only this line was not translated. Hopefully anyone who can understand Japanese can help me :salut:
Attachments
picca.jpg
picca.jpg (32.34 KiB) Viewed 3926 times