[Discussion] TOKYO AIRPORT (Fukada Kyoko)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sorvaseven

[Discussion] TOKYO AIRPORT (Fukada Kyoko)

Post by Sorvaseven » Oct 1st, '12, 09:35

TOKYO AIRPORT

Fukada Kyoko

Details

Title: TOKYOエアポート
Title (romaji): TOKYO Airport
Tagline: 東京空港管制保安部/Tokyo Kukou Kansei Hoanbu
Tagline (English): TOKYO Airport: Air Traffic Controller
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Drama
Episodes: TBA
Viewership rating: TBA
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2012-Oct-14 start
Air time: Sunday 21:00
Theme song: TBA

Synopsis

The story takes place at the Tokyo International Airport, more commonly known as, Haneda Airport. This drama will portray the strong bond shared by all those working for the airport, including the air traffic controllers who takes over 62.58 million lives into their hands yearly and the aviation industry staff who oversees the safety of everyone who uses the airport. This will be the first time that a television drama will focus on air traffic controllers, considered to be the “most difficult occupation.” At Haneda Airport, every 2 minutes a plane will land and take-off, and is Japan’s most busiest and congested airways. And every day, various dramas are born there. Fukada Kyoko plays the role of the main character, Shinoda Kaori, who works in the airport control tower as an air traffic controller. As a single small error of judgment can lead to a catastrophe, air traffic controllers must be on alert at all times. And this is why it is considered to be one of the most difficult occupations in the world. This drama will portray the teamwork and struggles between Shinoda and the other staff, dramas that arise at the airport and the secrets of airports... As well, along with real life stories that have occurred in the airport, it will portray how the aiport staff ensures the safety of people and the importance of protecting lives. --Fuji TV

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/TOKYO_Airport

Last year TOKYO CONTROL and now TOKYO AIRPORT... Fuji TV seems to have a great interest in the aviation and airline industry^^. Good advertising for ANA and JAL :lol Anyway they have a great leading actor with Fukada Kyoko, so i'm looking forward to this drama...

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 1st, '12, 09:47

Fukakyon's new drama :)

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Oct 1st, '12, 11:08

wow wow !!
I love the story !!
:wub: :wub:
will definitely watch this and hope someone will sub it !! :cheers: :cheers: :salut:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Oct 3rd, '12, 10:02

Koike Eiko starring in CS FujiTV drama "TOKUNOSHIMA Airport"

Koike Eiko will be starring in the CS FujiTV drama "TOKUNOSHIMA Airport" which consists of four 15-minute episodes that will begin its run from 14 October. This drama is a spin-off of Fukada Kyoko's FujiTV autumn drama "TOKYO Airport [...]

http://doramaworld.blogspot.de/2012/10/ ... drama.html

ornehx

Post by ornehx » Oct 14th, '12, 02:50

Nozomi-san~~~ daisuki!

BTW, any group subbing this?

7-go

Post by 7-go » Oct 14th, '12, 10:58

I've always curious about people working in airport control tower. What are their qualifications, what university they attend to, any special school, so and so..?

BTW, Kyoko-chan <-- my fav. is she going to be composed? Dojikko? how's her yelling would be this time?

I have high hopes the dorama will be spectacular and full with info.

DragonSpikeXIII

Post by DragonSpikeXIII » Oct 14th, '12, 17:23

Interesting subject, will be keeping an eye out for this drama.

BTW is it just me or have they 'shopped Fukada's face so much in that picture that it barely resembles her now? I had to double-check the cast list just to be sure it was her!

7-go

Post by 7-go » Oct 15th, '12, 12:45

sigh...~ I just watch ep 1

does the english (japanglish?) they use are acceptable by aviation standard? I've been hearing few Japan ATC conversation on Youtube.. but they're in poor condition too.

I have high expectation about this dorama afterall.

I cant remember howwell the english in Happy Flight.. anybody remember?

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 15th, '12, 16:13

7-go wrote:sigh...~ I just watch ep 1

does the english (japanglish?) they use are acceptable by aviation standard? I've been hearing few Japan ATC conversation on Youtube.. but they're in poor condition too.

I have high expectation about this dorama afterall.

I cant remember howwell the english in Happy Flight.. anybody remember?
The English is not bad. Some of the actors are more proficient than others in correct pronunciation. I've heard that actual ATC Japanese English is very robotic, but no one in Tokyo Airport is subjecting us to that kind of style. Sometimes it's best not to be too realistic. Seto's English, for instance, sounds like he's romancing the planes, and I'm OK with that.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Oct 15th, '12, 18:33

anyone is subbing for this series ? :-(

zephyrMZ

Post by zephyrMZ » Oct 18th, '12, 04:30

Wow. Just watched episode one. This is one drama of the season so far that impressed me right off the bat at it's first episode.

Fukada Kyoko is sooo different here. I was hesitant at first if she'll act the same as her previous drama, but she proved me wrong. I loooove this!

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Oct 19th, '12, 03:26

lost interest after watched the first episode. will drop it..

zephyrMZ

Post by zephyrMZ » Oct 19th, '12, 04:04

Why digitalcoconut-san?

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Oct 23rd, '12, 04:28

zephyrMZ wrote:Why digitalcoconut-san?
too typical work procedural jdrama. rookie starting a new career, tough supervisor, the rookie made mistakes /give up at first but then fight the challenges. and secret /tragedy prior her new career..

i dont mind that the typical-ness, but the job seem uninteresting for me nor any characters.

i dont understand their command in english.

and i usually only watch 3 or 4 dramas a season, this wont make my 'top 4'.. will try other dramas..

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Oct 28th, '12, 15:25

Sorvaseven wrote:Koike Eiko starring in CS FujiTV drama "TOKUNOSHIMA Airport"

Koike Eiko will be starring in the CS FujiTV drama "TOKUNOSHIMA Airport" which consists of four 15-minute episodes that will begin its run from 14 October. This drama is a spin-off of Fukada Kyoko's FujiTV autumn drama "TOKYO Airport [...]

http://doramaworld.blogspot.de/2012/10/ ... drama.html
Is there someone uploading this one? Actually I prefer this one to its larger counterpart :D

boom_box

Post by boom_box » Oct 28th, '12, 20:07

whoaa... This looks like another aviation theme series...

From Good Luck and Attention Please.. this time its the ATC...

OT:

I'm also starting to get working for the qualification and requirements for becoming an aspiring ATC controller in my country. :)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 30th, '12, 14:21

boom_box wrote: I'm also starting to get working for the qualification and requirements for becoming an aspiring ATC controller in my country. :)
Oh, good luck! I hope you succeed!

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 15th, '12, 07:22

Why didnt they choose some actors that are better at english :P

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Nov 18th, '12, 06:33

I got all weepy watching episode 5. I'm such a sucker for cute little kids.

orange.juice

Post by orange.juice » Nov 29th, '12, 17:58

Am I one of the few people left watching this?
I thought it would be cliché in the beginning (as someone else has mentioned) but it turned out to be one of my favorites this season. I don't like the way Fukada speaks, both in english (which I can't understand a thing!) and in japanese, it's like she doesn't open her mouth to speak and everything sounds too much shshy. But the interactions among the coworkers are pretty funny and seeing how airplane traffic is controlled is very interesting. All the pressure and the responsability given to them is too big. Possibly it's worse than a surgeon cutting off a patient's organ; dealing with 200~300 lives at a single time must be terrifying when in a emergency or whatsoever.
Episode 5 was my fave so far --- I began wondering how I could do something similar with the kids in my town. Can't wait for episode 8, the preview makes it promising.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Nov 29th, '12, 21:34

orange.juice wrote:Am I one of the few people left watching this?
I thought it would be cliché in the beginning (as someone else has mentioned) but it turned out to be one of my favorites this season. I don't like the way Fukada speaks, both in english (which I can't understand a thing!) and in japanese, it's like she doesn't open her mouth to speak and everything sounds too much shshy. But the interactions among the coworkers are pretty funny and seeing how airplane traffic is controlled is very interesting. All the pressure and the responsability given to them is too big. Possibly it's worse than a surgeon cutting off a patient's organ; dealing with 200~300 lives at a single time must be terrifying when in a emergency or whatsoever.
Episode 5 was my fave so far --- I began wondering how I could do something similar with the kids in my town. Can't wait for episode 8, the preview makes it promising.
No, I think there are a lot of us watching. Just not commenting.

I think Fukada has a difficult role, in that she is written for the audience to identify with rather than as someone actually interesting. So, considering the limitations of her role, she's doing fairly well.

Now, the rest of the cast! The supporting characters really are interesting, and have great interaction. I particularly enjoy Kondo and Yamashita, both when they are interacting with each other and with other characters. Yuki is a great boss, a man who sticks with his job because he feels it is important, but has been really worn down by it and tries to protect those under him. And I thought I'd hate the Honjo story line, but the writers have surprised me
by cutting sort the sympathy/pity angle and just using his disability as the vehicle for having a pilot as part of ground staff.
On top of this, I've learned a great deal about airports! :lol

t12345

Post by t12345 » Nov 30th, '12, 02:02

Romance wrote:Why didnt they choose some actors that are better at english :P
'cos there is none! :cheers: :D

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Dec 9th, '12, 03:26

I really enjoyed the overall story in episode 8. One bone to pick:
Why did Honjo take his crutches to work? I'd understand if he had a pair of crutches at work to use in order to stand at a counter for a short time or get papers out of a file cabinet, but it isn't reasonable to stop using a wheelchair. If he'd had his wheelchair outside the cockpit simulator, he could have just used the crutches to get in and out of the simulator and then bolted down the nice smooth floor instead of needing to be carried.
[/spoiler]

destiny81

Post by destiny81 » Dec 19th, '12, 16:12

May i know what happened to Episode 10? i see the torrent uploaded till Episode 9 only? wondering when is Episode 10 going to air?

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Dec 19th, '12, 18:07

destiny81 wrote:May i know what happened to Episode 10? i see the torrent uploaded till Episode 9 only? wondering when is Episode 10 going to air?
Episode 10 comes this next week. Because of the election in Japan, they decided to postpone it.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Dec 31st, '12, 03:02

I have been enjoying this drama very much!! I still have episode 10 to watch...but the drama is interesting as it's not based on the typical pilot/hostess type theme at an airport. I was totally drawn to the character Takeuchi from episode 1 and have to say watching her is my highlight!! Yuki san is also a great great character being portrayed! Episode 9 was very cool when the big/old guys came to help :)

Despite not being a fan of Fukada, this is surprisingly not an annoying or stupid role for her and it works fine. I'm not a fan of any of the other characters as they are all annoying in the way they should be...but the drama works for me and it's one of my favs in the season!!