8%

Total votes: 412

Rori

Post by Rori » May 2nd, '08, 00:47

kandysakura wrote:omg! thats the scene!
you are soooooooooo awesome!
thank you thank you thank you!
and im definitely interested in the gif tutorials! point away~! xD
PM'ing you them since we're going a little off-topic now. And it was no problem at all ^^

One more day until episode 3! =D Including ROOKIES.

ANYONE WHO HASN'T WATCHED ROOKIES, DO IT NOW!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest xD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 2nd, '08, 00:48

oh oh! what's ROOKIES about?
i read an article about it and it's #2 drama!
gokusen is #1 :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » May 2nd, '08, 01:00

ROOKIES talk:
I'm telling you ROOKIES deserves the #1 spot.

It's a little like Gokusen which was what sparked my interest, you have a teacher and you have a group of delinquents. The plot is a lot deeper than Gokusens, mind you, it seems the ROOKIES boys have a past in baseball (so this is as much a sports drama as it is a school drama)

Anyway, something happened to them in the past concerning a baseball match (honestly my description sucks -_- this is someone who hasn't read the manga and hasn't watched any of the episodes subbed. xD) but from the first episode, they just look plain old delinquents. The teacher (I love him as much as I do Yankumi <3333) is really interested in these guys and after finding out a bit about them, will try to reform their baseball team.

I won't say anymore, since it would be spoilerish. Give the first ep a go if you feel like it, it's really great. Fantastic actors - also hilarious, you'll find yourself laughing quite a bit.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 2nd, '08, 06:34

kandysakura wrote: Dont worry you guys, both teams are still subbing.
Since its Henna Sapporo who is doing the softsubs,
im expecting the subs for epi 1 to show up in about 1 -2 weeks time.
they're pretty busy ppl so they take a while. also they just finished subbing joshi deka,
so they probably handle one project at a time.
@kandysakura

Thanks for giving everyone a heads-up. In addition to Joshi Deka (seriously underrated), Henna_Sapporo also worked on and completed a Spring 2008 drama (Daisuki). Our version of Gokusen 3 will be late because ours is an academic exercise. It's basically for people who want to understand the deeper story... those who want to know the reasons why certain things happen. For example, who was Yankumi's opening speech directed towards? What should a viewer take literally? What is an inside joke? Those things would be incorporated into our "notes." We also want to make solid templates for people who wish to make subtitles in other languages. :wub: I'm just in this thread scanning for spontaneous questions that might need to be answered.

We don't want to step on any toes, thus, we'll probably make our releases later rather than sooner. We adhere to the Japanese wa of harmony.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » May 2nd, '08, 16:46

Just wondering... If I have to watch both Season 1 and 2 to get the full picture of Season 3?

Cause I will be watching Season 3 as Haruma is in it. Hahaha. And I didn't watch Season 1 and 2. :P

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 2nd, '08, 17:56

Rori wrote:ROOKIES talk:
I'm telling you ROOKIES deserves the #1 spot.

It's a little like Gokusen which was what sparked my interest, you have a teacher and you have a group of delinquents. The plot is a lot deeper than Gokusens, mind you, it seems the ROOKIES boys have a past in baseball (so this is as much a sports drama as it is a school drama)

Anyway, something happened to them in the past concerning a baseball match (honestly my description sucks -_- this is someone who hasn't read the manga and hasn't watched any of the episodes subbed. xD) but from the first episode, they just look plain old delinquents. The teacher (I love him as much as I do Yankumi <3333) is really interested in these guys and after finding out a bit about them, will try to reform their baseball team.

I won't say anymore, since it would be spoilerish. Give the first ep a go if you feel like it, it's really great. Fantastic actors - also hilarious, you'll find yourself laughing quite a bit.
I'll try to explain a bit more without getting spoilerish:
The delinquents in ROOKIES attend a school where it is mandatory for all students to be involved in some form of club/extracuricular activity. As they liked the baseball clubroom, the delinquents joined that team. The opening scene of the drama and manga is at a baseball game, where one of the players nearly gets beaned by a bad pitch. He retaliates with his bat, and it starts a riot that gets the team banned from the sport for 6 months.

The story then picks up when Kuwato starts teaching at their school at the time when the ban is about to end, but the situation during that time has gotten really bad with the students. Kuwato has some issues of his own from his first teaching job, and I won't spoil that for you. It's enough to say he's very motivated both to help his new students reform and to prove himself, while following his dream. Not everyone on the staff feels the same way about these boys though.

If you like Gokusen or GTO, you should check out ROOKIES. It has it's own take on the whole "super teacher" scenario, and it's great. The actors are fantastic, and the show is really funny too.

Rori

Post by Rori » May 2nd, '08, 18:28

Thanks ryoko, I didn't know half of that!

Your description was tons better than mine. x)
honeyiceblend wrote:Just wondering... If I have to watch both Season 1 and 2 to get the full picture of Season 3?

Cause I will be watching Season 3 as Haruma is in it. Hahaha. And I didn't watch Season 1 and 2. :P
Each season practically has the same plot but you need to watch the previous seasons (not really the second) to know who the main characters are. eg, Yankumi and her family. Plus you'd be mad to miss Gokusen anyway, so it's worth watching the other seasons anywho. :)

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » May 2nd, '08, 18:31

Rori wrote: Each season practically has the same plot but you need to watch the previous seasons (not really the second) to know who the main characters are. eg, Yankumi and her family. Plus you'd be mad to miss Gokusen anyway, so it's worth watching the other seasons anywho. :)
Lol, thanks so much! I guess I just watched it then. :D

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 2nd, '08, 19:28

Sapporo Girl wrote: @kandysakura

Thanks for giving everyone a heads-up. In addition to Joshi Deka (seriously underrated), Henna_Sapporo also worked on and completed a Spring 2008 drama (Daisuki). Our version of Gokusen 3 will be late because ours is an academic exercise. It's basically for people who want to understand the deeper story... those who want to know the reasons why certain things happen. For example, who was Yankumi's opening speech directed towards? What should a viewer take literally? What is an inside joke? Those things would be incorporated into our "notes." We also want to make solid templates for people who wish to make subtitles in other languages. :wub: I'm just in this thread scanning for spontaneous questions that might need to be answered.

We don't want to step on any toes, thus, we'll probably make our releases later rather than sooner. We adhere to the Japanese wa of harmony.
we basically get the jits of the drama, its just the little things we want to understand! xD
btw, thank you so much for subbing joshi deka! such a amazing drama!
yukie was awesome as always! but i didnt know it got a low rating... xP

Rori

Post by Rori » May 3rd, '08, 13:02

Episode 3:
When will they learn? :nuts:

This was practically a repeat of Season 1's episode 5. The posh kids from the top school were the criminals who beat everyone up. Ended the same way too, they started beating on Ichi, the rest of the class came to get revenge, Yankumi stops them. Slight differences being Ichi knew one of them this time round and there wasn't a girl involved. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest, every episode is just a copy, they're not even making an effort to change anything or create something new.

Ep 4 preivew:

Is that Yamada Yu? Another drama Haruma and she is in then if it is.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 3rd, '08, 13:44

The mysteries of the computer. Didn't mean to make a double post.
Last edited by Sapporo Girl on May 4th, '08, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 3rd, '08, 15:28

kandysakura wrote: we basically get the jits of the drama, its just the little things we want to understand! xD
btw, thank you so much for subbing joshi deka! such a amazing drama!
yukie was awesome as always! but i didnt know it got a low rating... xP
Most of my neighbors come home around 10 p.m. By the time they've showered and relaxed, the dramas are usually half over. Many people I know were disappointed that they missed Joshi Deka and Binbo Danshi (as if anyone would deliberately ignore Oguri Shun).

Henna_Juna did all the hard work for Joshi Deka. I just pretended to edit. He's great, isn't he?!

As for Gokusen 3, our way of subbing isn't for everyone and we won't push them on anyone. Maybe they are more suited for people actually planning to come and live and work in Japan. Or maybe it's useless knowledge that will only enhance fan fiction!!! :lol

I hope SARS will release their version soon and the rest of you can enjoy the series.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 3rd, '08, 16:33

I LOVED episode 3!!! even thou it a repeat it still good!!!
And now i know the nickname of the B.A.D memeber with brown hair... his nicke name is Icchii... hahaha it writen on his desk.. can't wait to watch it again....
There were so many parts that stood out.. my favorite was when all besides Takaki where watchign the girls play tennis... and Takaki(like Kame from 2nd season) was jus standing there.... then the tennis ball goes over and the 5 of them just went at it... hahaha... the girls ran away.. then the oe wiht the ball hit the fence it did some hitting and came a the 6 and they go out of the way... but hitting Kuma tha so happen to be beind them on his bike...
but out of all my parts i liked tha was my favorite.... because.. i cna't see Takaki be perveted.....

SoulR411

Post by SoulR411 » May 3rd, '08, 17:53

How can you have seen the 3rd episode???
aNyway I can say my opinion about gokusen^^
Gokusen is the first dorama that I have seen so is really special for me and it wil always be my favorite .In Primis the first season. Anyway I still like the second season and I'm right now in love with this third one^^ Even if is always the same plot , gokusen have something that make me want to watch it over again^^
Love Yankumi and the boys^^this year the fav one is miura*O* but are all pretty good^^

Ps: sorry for my english.

For all the subbers : take your time^^ You are amazing for all the work that you have done in the other series^^

Kiss

Rori

Post by Rori » May 3rd, '08, 18:12

SoulR411 wrote:How can you have seen the 3rd episode???
By having streaming Japanese TV on your computer.
This thread has more info on that though;

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56753.htm

That guy who plays Ichi seriously needs to stick with one hairstyle.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 3rd, '08, 20:58

^Hahaha i noticed that too.. Icchi has a very funny hair style at the begingin......(Like Shun in the first season... how many times did he chage his hair??

Yah i stream Japanese TV on my computer too.... at like 5:00AM were i live... but it totally worth it.... since i have nto internet at my dad's house... and the Bittorent comes out by that time...

and i'm starting to like B.A.D memeber more.... i was lookign thru my magizine from January and i saw the B.A.D memebers and i nwo them apart.. not by nbut my character in Gokusen!!!!
I wan to see more of the other Miura guy.. um i think is first name is Shohei..... i'm intrested in what type of character.... I'm afraid of an ep for Hideo.... he so weried in this.. he was so innocent in 1 pound.. now he so loud.... and i had a nightmare of him last night...... he turned into a zombie and was attacking people and his hair was long.....and i forgot the other guy with him... see what happens when you watch gokusen before you sleep.. nightmared of zobie actors.. hahahaha...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 3rd, '08, 22:57

gokusen is so lame and predictable but I think it's the cutest part of it XD it's funny to watch a new dorama and know what Yankumi is going to do/say next haha
to be honest I wouldn't watch it if not Kirimann and Nakamann but now i'm happy they are casted here ^o^ although Nakamann as member of some school gang getting involved in fights is still too lol-worthy XDDDDD *pets Junta* and I so wish Kiri got back to his normal hairstyle o.o
anyway, can't wait for next ep! hopefully torrent is up in the morning <3

Rori

Post by Rori » May 3rd, '08, 23:10

Yeah, torrent taking a while. Will get it when I wake up in the morning.

lol, I was disappointed with the ep, but I'm still gonna' download it. xD

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » May 4th, '08, 00:12

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this "new" Gokusen. There have only been three episodes so far and all of them are basically recycled from the last two seasons. I was hoping the writers would throw in something (anything!) new. I really can't understand how its getting such high ratings. Well, I suppose the young ikemen actors, but the acting is laughably bad...I'm as much a fan of eye candy as the next girl but there are limits...despite all my grumblings I may watch a few more episodes since i'm too optimistic to give up on gokusen entirely.

Rori

Post by Rori » May 4th, '08, 00:14

^ Couldn't agree more; my thoughts exactly.

Anyone know what this weeks rating was?

omzh

Post by omzh » May 4th, '08, 01:25

Hi! I have already registered to speak about Goksuen... coz I have no one to speak about it... ^^

Just watched episode 3 and I dunno, but I kinda felt like Haruma was the mean lead, coz Takaki only opened his mouth once or twice, and didn´t appear that much... I dunno, maybe Haruma has more presence? Next chapter is about Haruma again? Who cares Haruma sooo cuteee!

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 4th, '08, 01:55

SoulR411 wrote:Gokusen is the first dorama that I have seen so is really special for me and it wil always be my favorite .In Primis the first season.
Gokusen is means the same thing to my translation partner. Because of it, he came here to d-addicts and because of him, I came and we met, so Gokusen means a lot to me, too. I am absolutely loving it.
Anyway I still like the second season and I'm right now in love with this third one^^ Even if is always the same plot , gokusen have something that make me want to watch it over again^^
I don't think Gokusen is repetitive, I think it's consistent.
Love Yankumi and the boys^^this year the fav one is miura*O* but are all pretty good^^
Haruma is love!!! I can't believe they managed to get him for this series. The rumor here in Japan is that Nakama insisted on having him or she wouldn't make another Gokusen. It's only a rumor, but I hope it's true.
Ps: sorry for my english.
Don't be sorry. I'm grateful that you use English to communicate with us.

Thank you for the subbers love! I'm sure all the translators in both groups will work very hard.

shir0-chan

Post by shir0-chan » May 4th, '08, 04:36

omzh wrote:Hi! I have already registered to speak about Goksuen... coz I have no one to speak about it... ^^

Just watched episode 3 and I dunno, but I kinda felt like Haruma was the mean lead, coz Takaki only opened his mouth once or twice, and didn´t appear that much... I dunno, maybe Haruma has more presence? Next chapter is about Haruma again? Who cares Haruma sooo cuteee!
I guess they didn't let Takaki talk much to mainly his "cool" character, which I find stupid. I'm pretty sure that you have noticed how half of the time Takaki looked pretty bored. I'm not sure if he IS bored or that his character was suppose to look bored. I'm guessing that it's a mixture between bored and acting bored. Note how while the other 5 are perving on the girls, Takaki was the only one that wasn't interested. Which I find funny. Kinda reminds me of Jun in the first season.
Usually, the Gokusen pattern have around 5-6 main students. Each students usually get an episode focused on them. Remaining episodes are focused on either the entire group, or something else. The first two...I guess they were focused on both Takaki and Haruma. Episode 3 was focused on that B.A.D guy, forgot his name (but I like him) =___=, so it's pretty normal for Takaki's character (with the cool guy act) to not say much at all.
Well, the stories in the 3rd season are similar to the first and second season with the exception of new stuff happening here and there. Although we know what's going to happen, I still find it hilarious to watch. Though...my main reason of watching Gokusen 3 is Takaki. They should have given him a role that is...less cool. He'll be able to pull it off better.

willustav

Post by willustav » May 4th, '08, 12:29

What the... guys with faces hidden, who in fact are from the wealthy school, that beat people up.... AGAIN??? THAT's what I call repetetive...

Come on... this is the first drama I'm watching without subs, and it works 'cause they say the exact same things as in the previous seasons...

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » May 4th, '08, 13:19

junebug6272 wrote:I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this "new" Gokusen. There have only been three episodes so far and all of them are basically recycled from the last two seasons. I was hoping the writers would throw in something (anything!) new. I really can't understand how its getting such high ratings. Well, I suppose the young ikemen actors, but the acting is laughably bad...I'm as much a fan of eye candy as the next girl but there are limits...despite all my grumblings I may watch a few more episodes since i'm too optimistic to give up on gokusen entirely.
well Gokusen 3 is kinda like a birthday present for NTV's 55th birthday...and Gokusen is NTV's most successful drama so they mixed season 1 and 2~..

high rating becoz of the actors? no I don't think so. at least not becoz of the JE! they aren't THAT famous and even with new actors Gokusen's rating is high..mainly becoz of NAKAMA YUKIE! she's the main reason for the huge success of Gokusen! and with the help of Miura Haruma it's not difficult to get over 20%!:P
I don't want to bash anyone but for me it would have been enough with Yankumi, Sawatori sensei, Yankumi's family members and Miura Haruma to get this rating....^^
I agree that the acting isn't great...but hey, they are new actors!;)

well well..the next episode will be about KAZAMA!*___* can't wait to watch!XD

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » May 4th, '08, 15:29

leadfreaky wrote: high rating becoz of the actors? no I don't think so. at least not becoz of the JE! they aren't THAT famous and even with new actors Gokusen's rating is high..mainly becoz of NAKAMA YUKIE! she's the main reason for the huge success of Gokusen! and with the help of Miura Haruma it's not difficult to get over 20%!:P
Not bashin neone too but there's no way they can get 27.7% in the Kansai region for the 1st episode, without 2 of JEs TOP Kansai Juniors! Kirimann and Nakamann's just so adorable!! =)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 5th, '08, 01:52

I'm happy that Kuma not in i as much as second season..... but i do love his random appearances.....

I hope they show a baby... hahaha... <Being random....

anyway... well i was looking a season 2 again.... actrally season 2 has episodes the are the same as 1 but by the end the story changed... so wait a while... next episode doesn't look liek it goign to be a repeat.... i mean it looks like Haruma works and there a girl involed... lets just hope it not his sister.. because it might have slight repeat....

I have to say i like the repeats.. i mean it would be bad if they had an episode and they did somethign to make it off from what Yankumi does....

I feel sorry for Baba-sensei....
I can't wait for subs!!!!!and i'm going to read Sapporo Girl subs... because i would love to learn more too!!

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 5th, '08, 01:58

finally saw epi 3, dl now, just finished streaming! xD
i liked junta's hair at the beginning. i somehow think it suits him. dont ask me why.
im really loving haruma and shohei in this drama! the 2 miura boys!
(tho i think im seeing things, cuz i swear i saw shohei with dangling earings at the end of the epi)
im suprised at the ending tho. 3D seems alot more enthusiastic about yukie in this season than the others. ie, they actually run with her at the end.

on another note,
about the high ratings for the season,
i think its mostly because theres as an existing audience from 2 seasons,
plus the fact that theres haruma, a rising actor.
JE is pretty big in japan, but i dont think the impact would be so great that it would get gokusen to a high rating...
but, i guess it could have some affect, to a certain extent.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 5th, '08, 21:03

no offence guys but you know if you wanna download gokusen for deep storyline and extraordinary acting than you're obviously in wrong place. it's also very optimistic to expect something new this time after 2 totally the same previous seasons.. gokusen's repetitiveness is definitely not for everyone and you just like it or not and if you don't than there's really no point in torturing yourself with more eps and wait for some major changes..

as for ratings I agree with leadfreaky that it's mainly Nakama Yukie that makes Gokusen so popular. BAD, as Aza said, definitely have their part in raising ratings but only in Kansai region coz I highly doubt many people in Kanto knows them..

anyway, last ep was Junta ep and I must say I liked it the best so far probably because I'm totally biased :P Junta really did surprisingly well as for total noob IMO and I really start enjoying his acting here in gokusen ^_^ maybe it's only me but I don't find his performance worst than Haruma's who IS an actor so it's very promising :P and yay it's actually a nice change to hear him talking that much haha
now I can't wait for Kirimann's ep XDDDDDD

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 6th, '08, 00:39

yamatsumi wrote:
as for ratings I agree with leadfreaky that it's mainly Nakama Yukie that makes Gokusen so popular. BAD, as Aza said, definitely have their part in raising ratings but only in Kansai region coz I highly doubt many people in Kanto knows them..
If Nakama Yukie was enough to earn ratings in the twenties, Joshi Deka wouldn't have averaged 9.1% last fall. It was much better than Yukan Club in the same season, yet Akanashi Jin's show still pulled in higher ratings. They were even both in the comedy/mystery genre.

I have to agree about Gokusen having a built-in audience from the two previous seasons. I'd also venture that a very good part of Gokusen's reputation as a live action drama is based on how many up and coming ikemen from JE and elsewhere have already come out of this series... and that is obviously a draw for a series that is mostly targeted at teenage girls. All together, the expectations for comedy based around a familiar franchise--with lots of eyecandy--give you a ready viewership.

Frankly, I see a lot more posts discussing the JE boys from this series than posts gushing about Nakama Yukie. And I don't expect that to be terribly different with the Japanese viewers. :whistling:

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 6th, '08, 04:39

yamatsumi wrote:no offence guys but you know if you wanna download gokusen for deep storyline and extraordinary acting than you're obviously in wrong place. it's also very optimistic to expect something new this time after 2 totally the same previous seasons.. gokusen's repetitiveness is definitely not for everyone and you just like it or not and if you don't than there's really no point in torturing yourself with more eps and wait for some major changes.
Here. Here. :notworthy: :clap:

Gokusen was created to be exactly what it is...consistent with a bunch of delinquents and their superhero gangster teacher, Yankumi. The plots are irrelevant. Only the concept of Nakama has any meaning. It permeates every aspect of the show as it valiantly tries to continue permeating society. With shows like Gokusen, Mito Komon and Kinpachi sensei, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I never waste my time on dramas that have me complaining. Life's too short for that. Thankfully, I love Gokusen 3 and it will have my attention and ratings contribution until it's allegedly repetitive end.

Nakama Yukie RULZ!!!

lincorp.com

Post by lincorp.com » May 6th, '08, 05:42

But this time Hoshino Aki is the nurse...oh so happy...the supporting cast in the second one kinda sucked...hopefully the third is better...first one had Misaki Ito...my fav...

Yigytugd

Post by Yigytugd » May 6th, '08, 05:55

I just started watching this (live action) of the show. I finished the anime months ago but did not know about a live action version. I started watching the live action about 3 days ago and now I am on episode 5. Can't get enough of it. Hope I can finish it by the end of the month.

lincorp.com

Post by lincorp.com » May 6th, '08, 06:00

End of the month? I finished the first two seasons in a week...why so long you gotta study???

Sucks now cause i gotta wiat for the third season to finish airing in Japan...
Yigytugd wrote:I just started watching this (live action) of the show. I finished the anime months ago but did not know about a live action version. I started watching the live action about 3 days ago and now I am on episode 5. Can't get enough of it. Hope I can finish it by the end of the month.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 6th, '08, 09:37

ryoko11 wrote:If Nakama Yukie was enough to earn ratings in the twenties, Joshi Deka wouldn't have averaged 9.1% last fall. It was much better than Yukan Club in the same season, yet Akanashi Jin's show still pulled in higher ratings. They were even both in the comedy/mystery genre.
haha if there was any actress that could get ratings over 20% just by showing up she would be in every top rated dorama every season :P I rather meant Nakama Yukie as Yankumi in this case.. I think she's absolutely awesome actress but this one role is very special.. coz don't you get this "aaaa natsukashii!" feeling when you see her doing Fighto-O!? haha I'm pretty sure this is why people get back to gokusen over and over agan :P also casting popular hwatties is always a good idea but this time there's no one really popular here coz you can't possibly compare MatsuJun or kattun guys' popularity and 2 Kansai jr + one guy I personally didn't even know existed like 4 weeks ago XDDDDD
when was first gokusen? 2001? 2002? anyway, it was a good time for gokusen and it really got popular with ratings around 20% and started building its fanbase since than but I'm not sure if someone who watched gokusen for Matsujun would be interested in seeing continuation without falling for the style of this dorama and Nakama Yukie ^_^

and speaking of Nakama Yukie.. gosh! she hasn't got older at all!!!! even tho it's been years since gokusen1 she still looks the same *o* only her track suits got upgraded to 3 stripes haha

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 7th, '08, 02:22

Actrally i think she looks older.. not alot.... but when she takes er hair out... she look older but that older where she looks really pretty!!! Reale looking.... she so awsome!!!!!!

mysticalmelody27

Post by mysticalmelody27 » May 7th, '08, 07:49

yamatsumi wrote:haha if there was any actress that could get ratings over 20% just by showing up she would be in every top rated dorama every season :P I rather meant Nakama Yukie as Yankumi in this case.. I think she's absolutely awesome actress but this one role is very special.. coz don't you get this "aaaa natsukashii!" feeling when you see her doing Fighto-O!?
yup, Yankumi is definitely a special role which explains why Nakama Yukie got the most votes for "the actress who I want as my teacher" thing on Oricon. :w00t:

And I agree about Nakama Yukie not changing. She definitely doesnt look like a woman whos turning 29 this year.

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 7th, '08, 22:39

Sars subs are finally out!
maybe i'll finally get since of those long winded convoys now! xD

pessi_optimism1988

Post by pessi_optimism1988 » May 7th, '08, 23:19

i agree that it is very consistent with the previous seasons.. i'm not even watching it because of the eye-candies..

i really do think that nakama yukie brings the magic in this series.. her acting is superb--and hilarious! whatever she does, it just brings a smile to my face... so i think that's why people still find themselves watching the series, even though they know how EACH EPISODE is going to end.. :-) oh, and the head teacher is great too! whenever these two have their "showdowns," it really cracks me up.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 7th, '08, 23:29

woot! subs for ep. 1 is out! ureshii~
and guess who's getting in trouble next epi?! :wub:
cute kazama :wub: i'm in love with him, specially the part when they're peeking at the girls playing tennis XD
kawaii~

and about yukie, i think she's awesome. I love her Yankumi role, i think no onse else will be able to pull yankumi's character like she does :cheers:

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 8th, '08, 00:01

@ kozumifan:
omg! i laughed so hard after seeing your gif of akito! xD so funny!

i agree with all the yukie supporters here!
she is an amazing actress! i dont know if its the characters the she plays that i love,
or if its really her, but whenever shes in a new drama, i feel like i have to watch it!
tho apparently it didnt get a great rating, i reccommend joshi deka!
i found it pretty amazing! i could predict the ending about half way through, but still loved it!
btw, sorry for getting a little off topic of gukusen... xP

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 8th, '08, 01:19

Haha i love Kozumifan's Akito gif... i wactrally jus rewatched the HQ Video of Gokusen episode 3 and i noticed the eye thign.. hahah i love that part....

And WOOT for Subs!!!!!!!!!!!!

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 8th, '08, 03:16

that guy is hilarious!
i like him now.. he's so funny..
specially the part when (what's his name? totsu? the guy that likes yankumi?) gave free dumplings to them.. akito was so scared XD
kandysakura i like your hikka siggy XD
i was like "..is there two hikkas?!" :lol

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » May 8th, '08, 07:15

It's Tetsu lol
AND OMG THOSE UGLY SHOES!! :tv:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 9th, '08, 02:48

kozumifan wrote:that guy is hilarious!
i like him now.. he's so funny..
specially the part when (what's his name? totsu? the guy that likes yankumi?) gave free dumplings to them.. akito was so scared XD
kandysakura i like your hikka siggy XD
Yah he funny and i love that part too but i knew it was goign to happen.. Tetsu like that.. hahha and she proboly sead somehtign about cherashing his teacher.. or be kind to her.....

Yah Kandysakura's is fromt he new PV and the song so good... and even hikaru gets a line of solo.. along wiht Yabu...>_>

Well i'm going to watch subs now!! I should be working on my Japanese Final.... but it bourt food... why can't it be about free topic... i would talk about JE and Dramas!!!!!

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 9th, '08, 19:33

kozumifan wrote: kandysakura i like your hikka siggy XD
lol! that was the exact same thing i thought! except it was when i first saw ryutaro in the PV! xD

This has been a amazing day!
first off is that haruma gokusen epi in probably less than 24 hours!
second, Sars fansub finished epi 2!
oh happy happy days! xD

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 10th, '08, 10:04

can anyone tell me if the 3rd season is good to watch?

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 10th, '08, 20:39

Yah i saw ep 5... but only half of it since the program i used didn't have NTV on it and KEyhole TV is evil to me.... but this episode didn't seem likw a previous episode.... then ag<th i ggot to the part were he being accused and being arresed.. <That not a spoiler becuse i dodn't remeber i acrually was falling asleep watchign this episode.....

I feel a sleep at one poinst for like a second then Haruma's voice woke me up.next epise sems to be about Hidoe...(All blonde hair guy)

And i'm sorry of the typos... my computer is slow and i'm typing not knowing what is beign typed.....

4everU

Post by 4everU » May 10th, '08, 21:19

Season 3 is going good as well. the two main guys are very hot, especially Kawada..I think thats his name. He's the one from 14 years old mother! He looks os young in that one but now in here he looks so mature and hot! LOve his hair in here...super SEXY! suits him so much!

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 11th, '08, 01:51

Kawada is actually Miura Haruma. :)

Last night's episode was surprising. Beneath the happy consistency known as Gokusen was an undercurrent of something that isn't indicative of this drama. I think there's a genuine reason for the-powers-that-be to have included not only Miura but Enami Kyoko as well. This woman is a "great actress"!!! I don't think the Yankumi-Ren-Rijichou dynamic is over yet. The character, Ren, has introduced moral ambiguity on several levels. One can hope. It'll be nice if something is amiss. If not, I'll still be happy.

This morning NTV, showed a three-minute Gokusen recap...all Miura!!!

Has anyone seen the spin-off show? It's hilarious! In episode 4, the boys found a mysterious cellphone. Someone called...

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » May 11th, '08, 02:42

Mad props to SARS for another great subbed release of the third season. It's always a joy to read their quality subs for parts that I don't understand.

Gokusen has gone downhill for the third season, unfortunately. The first season was fresh with a wonderful veteran cast, the second one slipped in quality but more than made up with a great show theme. Third season has neither.

I might still catch new eps because of SARS great subs and the Nakama Yukie's stellar acting, but I'd rather re-watch season 1 or GTO instead. For those of you pressed for time, I would give this one a pass.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » May 11th, '08, 17:03

I guess I'm weird cuz I didn't touched on 1 and 2 thus i didn't know the difference.

But this one is really good! (even though I just finished ep 1)

I think it's rather addictive. Haha. Especially when Haruma is inside. :wub: I love him totally when he said, "huh?" and "yeah". :wub: :wub: :wub:

Can't wait for BT to finish downloading ep2!!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 11th, '08, 21:33

Ultra recycled stories but still luving it, especially with Miura Haruma in it. Wondering in which ep they'll find out that Yankumi's a yakuza.

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 11th, '08, 21:39

i was rewatching epi 2, and at the beginning when 3D are having the huge random fight,
and yukie kinda yells "bring it on" or something, and the guys look slightly suprised.
i noticed a shot where there were 2 guys that kind of looked like akame.
well... not like super close, but they do resemble akame.
@ joykimlee:
ive been wondering the exact same thing!
cuz its usually around the time she gets to know her "destined lover" or wutever,
and they're on a group date.
so im guessing it might happen around the next 2 epis.
its probably just haruma and takaki that discovers her identity tho... my guess anyways.

Rori

Post by Rori » May 11th, '08, 21:52

Holy crap!

I can see what you're talking about kandy, they really do look alike. o_o
joykimlee wrote:Ultra recycled stories but still luving it, especially with Miura Haruma in it. Wondering in which ep they'll find out that Yankumi's a yakuza.
Middle of the series probably, like the last two seasons.

Still haven't watched episode 4 yet. The torrents' only just been uploaded.

edit, thoughts on episode 4:

The acting in this season is bothering me. I'm not targeting anyone in particular here, whether it's the kids or the cameo roles it's just not as up to par as the previous seasons. Still fantastic acting from Nakama Yukie. Though, even Miura Haruma is disappointing me a bit. He can do better. Or maybe it's just me and my expectations are too high.

Well you can't really compare this episode to previous seasons, but it's pretty similar to Season 1's episode 3 I guess. This is the first episode I want subs for though to understand it a bit better.

The boys are hilarious when they find out Kazama is working at a host club. Plus nice to see Yamada Yu playing Kazama's sister. I was pretty 'whoah' when she got slapped. Never really seen a girl being hit like that in this series.

Very amusing to see the return of 'Goro-chan' :lol
It was a nice episode anyway, enjoyed it.

Honjo's (Hideo's) episode next week it seems.

That's it for now, missing Zettai Kareshi to type this out. xD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 15th, '08, 02:37

yeah kandy XD i agree, they do look like akame :lol

i found these scenes hilarious :lol
Last edited by kozumifan on May 15th, '08, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

forevergirl

Post by forevergirl » May 15th, '08, 02:49

wait, what was the ep las sat? is it on ep5 already?...still hoping yankumi will ended up to someone, or rather say what if Shinoharasan the dtective guy from season 1 appear ...lolz that would be so awesome, coz KUMA's wife remember her? the girl he saved from the season 1.... and it will be so much great, those old students visits Yankumi in the end to fight for her if the secret of hers being leaked out..hehehhe..

Rori

Post by Rori » May 15th, '08, 04:45

kozumifan wrote:yeah kandy XD i agree, they do look like akame :lol

Damn it, I seriously love Kuraki. He's so adorable <3 :lol
forevergirl wrote:wait, what was the ep las sat? is it on ep5 already?...still hoping yankumi will ended up to someone, or rather say what if Shinoharasan the dtective guy from season 1 appear ...lolz that would be so awesome, coz KUMA's wife remember her? the girl he saved from the season 1.... and it will be so much great, those old students visits Yankumi in the end to fight for her if the secret of hers being leaked out..hehehhe..
Last ep was episode 4. Episode 5 airs this Sat. ^_^

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 15th, '08, 19:07

kozumifan wrote:yeah kandy XD i agree, they do look like akame :lol

Omg! i totally agree!
its the random scenes of them that gets to me! xD
they were so into the idea of being a host!

btw, love your siggy! the first is of shoon right?
do you know what shokura that is?

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 15th, '08, 20:25

kandy yes it's from last suday's shokura :)

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 16th, '08, 04:32

NanaTorigawa wrote:I can't wait for subs!!!!!and i'm going to read Sapporo Girl subs... because i would love to learn more too!!

@NanaTorigawa,

Thanks for being willing to read our subs after you've already seen the show. In a few days, we'll get started on the soft-subs and the notes. I should say that *I* will get started on my part. Henna_Juna has already finished with his part. Reading the subs/notes will be enough. No one needs to download another copy of the videos. For us, education is LOVE and we're happy to share. I'll be very curious about the differences between the two because I've never seen Gokusen with English subtitles, only Japanese CCs. For legal reasons, I won't watch hard subs or go to streaming sites.

Enjoy! Gokusen is the top show this season so far!!!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » May 17th, '08, 03:36

^Yah i have seen the subs already out from Sars.... but i still read your guys even with my limit time....

But i don't really understand how you guys are doing it but you said people intrested in going to japan... and that me hahah.... and if it will help me with learning japanese the more study time the better.. this season of RaW

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 17th, '08, 06:27

NanaTorigawa wrote:But i don't really understand how you guys are doing it but you said people intrested in going to japan... and that me hahah.... and if it will help me with learning japanese the more study time the better.. this season of RaW
@NanaTorigawa
A lot of people who stay in Japan a long time leave here bitter and angry. Part of that has to do with the inability to make Japanese "friends." Not having Nakama here is detrimental on many fronts. If there's no one to care for you or to protect you, you'll be lost regardless of how much money you make or how hard you study. Basically, this a great place for tourists, not for residents. Hence, we hope to use the dramas (Gokusen 3 is merely the test case) to explain why some things happen in hopes of making it easier for people who come here to cope with society. Naturally, we won't ignore vocabulary.

BTW, Team Japan will play Team Poland in women's volleyball tonight. Gokusen's ratings might be slightly affected. Rookies' ratings might plummet.

Take care in Arizona!

Rori

Post by Rori » May 17th, '08, 13:04

Episode 5.
I really liked this one, and it was fresh since there wasn't any repetitiveness.
It was a sweet episode too, with Honjo and his dad. Especially the end. He looks so adorable when he cries.

Love seeing Gokusen boys acting stupid - when they were taking part time jobs to help Honjo out. The scene where Yankumi found them was hilarious.

Episode 6 preview: Kuraki is in love xD Bless him.
@Sapporo Girl, Looking forward to your subs as well. Also interested in learning a bit more.

Robina

Post by Robina » May 17th, '08, 13:17

Rori wrote:Episode 5.
I really liked this one, and it was fresh since there wasn't any repetitiveness.
It was a sweet episode too, with Honjo and his dad. Especially the end. He looks so adorable when he cries.

Love seeing Gokusen boys acting stupid - when they were taking part time jobs to help Honjo out. The scene where Yankumi found them was hilarious.

Episode 6 preview: Kuraki is in love xD Bless him.
I was waiting for your comment about ep,5 since i need to wait for it being uploaded =D
Ep.6 will be exciting for me and it about Kuraki :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » May 17th, '08, 16:02

That's why I don't like watching it streaming, I have to wait a while for the raw to be uploaded to watch it again and streaming isn't exactly the best quality around.

I've been droning on since the series started about how disappointed I was with it, but I'm still enjoying it and still downloading it every week. Guess I just can't resist these hand picked pretty boys running around acting as delinquents. :P And seeing Nakama Yukie playing Yankumi again when I didn't think there would be any more Gokusen after the second season really is worth it. It's sad to think that we're already half way through this season already. Speaking of that, anyone know how many episodes Gokusen 3 is set to have?

I know I mentioned this before, but really, Takaki reminds me so much of Jin when he played Hayato in the second season, his voice even sounds the same at some parts. I don't really find it a bad thing though. xD

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » May 18th, '08, 02:02

@Rori

Will do. I try to restrain myself and not ask my friends/family too many dumb questions, so forgive me in advance if I "teach" too much. We will try to get the first episode out next weekend. I also loved episode 5 the best. I adore how the background boys came forward a little more, too.

I'll catch you all next week.
Rori wrote: @Sapporo Girl, Looking forward to your subs as well. Also interested in learning a bit more.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 18th, '08, 09:36

oh gosh I love Kura haha and not only because I'm totally biased XDDDDD anyone noticed how his shirt matched his mum clothes LMAO
next week is finally Kura ep ♥ and it involves a girl! *o* so can't wait for it already hihi

Rori

Post by Rori » May 18th, '08, 10:05

Sapporo Girl wrote:@Rori

Will do. I try to restrain myself and not ask my friends/family too many dumb questions, so forgive me in advance if I "teach" too much. We will try to get the first episode out next weekend. I also loved episode 5 the best. I adore how the background boys came forward a little more, too.

I'll catch you all next week.
Looking forward to it. ^_^

-

Kuraki is totally my fave out of all of them, he's so great and this is his first drama? He acts really well. I can't wait to see next weeks episode.

On the other hand, I absolutely loved this scene in this weeks episode So hilarious. :lol

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 18th, '08, 14:19

Rori wrote: Kuraki is totally my fave out of all of them, he's so great and this is his first drama? He acts really well. I can't wait to see next weeks episode.
half of this is not really acting coz Kirimann really is this energetic and the only thing that can make him stop talking is food XDDDDD that's why I think that Kuraki is the best 1st role he could ever get ^o^ oh and I'm happy he's doing all those funny face expressions lol before G3 started he said he loved Nakama Yukie and Namase Katsuhisa doing crazy faces and we wanted Kura to have such moments too hihi

*kicks Aza to bring HQ screencaps*

Rori

Post by Rori » May 18th, '08, 19:35

yamatsumi wrote:half of this is not really acting coz Kirimann really is this energetic and the only thing that can make him stop talking is food XDDDDD *
ROFL! <3 He's so adorable.

Anyone have the full version of the insert song that Takaki sings? I'm getting sick of replaying scenes over just so I can listen to it. xD

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 18th, '08, 19:54

^ you mean this Seishun no kizuna song? we only have TV rip from Music Station 2008-04-18 here

Rori

Post by Rori » May 18th, '08, 20:02

yamatsumi wrote:^ you mean this Seishun no kizuna song? we only have TV rip from Music Station 2008-04-18 here
Yup, that one.

Thanks ^^

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 19th, '08, 00:01

kuraki is amazing!
rori XD i made a gif of that scene too! LOL his face is priceless xD
yamatsumi thanks for sharing the song! i was going to ask for it too LOL

i cant say that kuraki is my #1, because i think most of you know that haruma is #1 forever LOL
he's my number 3 though :lol
and the weird thing is that...
THIS RANDOM GUY IS MY NUMBER 2

he was in Life :roll LOL
also, they choose an actress that looks so much like kura hahahaha!
they eyebrows, hair style and THE SHIRT LOL

whoette

Post by whoette » May 19th, '08, 13:09

Hi - just wondering, for those of you who speak Japanese OR those of you who don't speak Japanese but have still been watching the raws - have any of the 3-D boys used the name 'Yankumi' yet?

I've seen episodes 1 & 2 with subtitles, and have half-heartedly watched the raws of episodes 3, 4 and 5 (but not all the way through - just skipped ahead to see if Yankumi kicks anyone's butt). But in episodes 1 & 2 I realised that no-one has yet called her Yankumi.

Many thanks (and hi, by the way! First time posting...)