Only if you have time
18%
STAY AWAY
8%

Total votes: 412

donna8157

[Discussion] Gokusen (All Seasons)

Post by donna8157 » Jan 26th, '05, 05:07

What do you think of this series so far?

I like it so much! It's still pretty much the same kind of plotline as the first series, but the new Kurogin Gakuen (Black Silver) class seems to be much worse than her previous one (Shirokin Gakuen/White Gold). Anyway, since there are so many of us downloading the raws for this series and I think the majority of us downloading those raws don't understand Japanese fluently . . I thought that it would be good to have an open discussion of it.

1.) After watching episode 2, I wasn't sure of what to make of Takeda's confession in front of his class. What did Ryu do for him that caused so much turmoil between Ryu and Hayato?

2.) What profession does Yankumi's new love interest hold? (on a side note, I don't think this one is as handsome as her previous love interest, Shinohara-san)

Nerina

Post by Nerina » Jan 28th, '05, 10:50

1. Ryu had bowed his head in front of the Arakou guys for Take's sake... Take had had some trouble with Arakou and because he is weak at fighting and was afraid of being thrown out of school he had asked Hayato and Ryu for help...Ryu apologized for Take then and Hayato saw this as a betrayal...

2. Yankumis new love is also a teacher and if I understood it correctly he is a teacher at a girls' school...

I love Gokusen 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jan 28th, '05, 11:06

Wow, thanks Nerina! That helps a lot. :D

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Jan 29th, '05, 20:29

I like this season of GOKUSEN 2 as much as the first!

The class seems a bit more violent, but I think overall, the class is supposed to be worse? For example, ODAGIRI works at a night bar, and the main leader goes around beating up people for no good reason. He is also keen on beating up Yankumi, despite the fact that she's a woman (which before would've stopped some of the earlier characters from trying to kill her at least).

I am sure one of the students will fall for Yankumi, and I think it might the slightly effeminate boy in the class who ODAGIRI bowed his head for. I forget his name now...

I think that this season is also slightly funnier, too! The same old "This is not a fight, this is just violence!" speech comes out early in GOKUSEN 2, so nothing new there. But I do wish Yankumi would notice that Tetsu is completely in love with her...hahaha.

And I have to wonder why in the world Teacher BABA loves Yankumi from first sight. What the...?

Teacher Hitomi made the comment that YABUKI was her type. And that kind of freaked me out, hahaha.

I do hope the gags change up a bit though. :unsure:

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jan 29th, '05, 21:09

qoogirl wrote:I am sure one of the students will fall for Yankumi, and I think it might the slightly effeminate boy in the class who ODAGIRI bowed his head for. I forget his name now...
Yes, I agree though are u referring to Takeda (the smaller boy with yellowish-hair)? I think his role will be more like a Kuma. I think that either Odagiri or Hayato will fall for Yankumi.

Also . . . yes, it's funny how the gym teacher fell in love with Yankumi at first sight. He was even practicing kendo to protect her. :P

duckie

Post by duckie » Jan 29th, '05, 21:30

Ryu = Kamenashi Kazuya :wub:
Hayato = Akanishi Jin :wub:

carla-chan

Post by carla-chan » Jan 29th, '05, 21:51

One question... what happened to Yankumi to become a theacher of 3D class. I know that the wind put the paper in the box of employes but.. what says the boss?¿

Kame & Jin :wub:

PS: Anybody knows if this serie will be subtitled?¿

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jan 29th, '05, 23:00

carla-chan wrote:One question... what happened to Yankumi to become a theacher of 3D class. I know that the wind put the paper in the box of employes but.. what says the boss?¿

Kame & Jin :wub:

PS: Anybody knows if this serie will be subtitled?¿
1.) Yankumi became a teacher by a sheer twist of events (or luck?). The teacher of Kurokin Gakuen said he wanted a teacher who could handle the bunch of delinquents in 3D. So they pulled up a file of someone who fit his description. However, at the time when they were going to contact the teacher, a gust of wind blew in and Yankumi's information floated over to the box so Yankumi was contacted instead.

On the first day of her job, everyone was surprised to see that she was the teacher and at first the head teacher told her to go back. That it was a mistake that she was contacted. However, the other guy saw her and congratulated the head teacher on his choice. Maybe because she is female, the 3D class won't harm her. =D

I hope that was what you were asking about.

carla-chan

Post by carla-chan » Jan 30th, '05, 18:07

wuooo thaaaaaaanks! Now I understand why is yankumi there jeje :P

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Jan 30th, '05, 22:15

I just hope that the storyline of crush-on-the-teacher and the whole Yankumi-chases-other-gorgeous-male-teacher isn't a copy from GOKUSEN 1.

If anybody wants, I can make synopses of episodes 1 - 4 here from the GOKUSEN 2 website. The translating software won't do it right. Lemme know. ^-^

carla-chan

Post by carla-chan » Jan 30th, '05, 22:36

qoogirl wrote:I just hope that the storyline of crush-on-the-teacher and the whole Yankumi-chases-other-gorgeous-male-teacher isn't a copy from GOKUSEN 1.

If anybody wants, I can make synopses of episodes 1 - 4 here from the GOKUSEN 2 website. The translating software won't do it right. Lemme know. ^-^
I waaaaaant please! :wub:

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Jan 30th, '05, 22:47

Synopsis of Episode 1
(translation from Gokusen 2 website: http://www.ntv.co.jp/gokusen/index.html)

(if you use this, please give credit to me ^-^....also, stay tuned for 2, 3, and 4!)

After YAMADA Kumiko (Namaka Yukie) is fired from her teaching job at Shirogin School, she unexpectedly gets another teaching job at Kurogin High School, known for its reputation of so many excellent students.

As Kumiko returns to being a teacher, her strong-faced family gathers round. Actually, Kumiko is the grandchild of KUROTA Ryuuichirou, a member of a certain group that strikes fear into the hearts of people. When she was seven years old, her parents who were teachers died in an accident. Ever since, she was raised by Ryuuichirou, surrounded by a world of such heroic men.

On her first day of work, Kumiko amazingly meets up with the Vice Principal of Shirogin High School, ENDO! She's surprised that he's the Vice Principal at Kurogin High School as well. Vice Principal ENDO is afraid of what will happen due to his own mistake of accidentally sending for Kumiko, so he takes responsibility and tells her to be careful not to blow her cover.

At the instruction of Headmaster KUROKAWA, Kumiko is assigned Class 3-D: the loser students of Kurogin who were out in the deep end...
With three months to graduation, and a group of savage students who claim they don't have a single High School memory, Kumiko decides she's going to gather this lot up and get them to graduate.

The leader of 3-D is YABUKI Hayato, followed by his little henchmen [names left untranslated because unsure of readings/forget readings]. The students have never trusted teachers, and it doesn't seem like they'll start now. And of course, this means they don't listen to a single thing Kumiko has to say.

In the midst of all of this, Kumiko finds out that a student named ODAGIRI Ryuu hasn't been coming to school since the third quarter. Kumiko hears from her collegue teachers BABA Masahiro(?) and SHIROTORI Hitomi that since his days as a middle school student, ODAGIRI has been involved in violent fights. Furthermore, no other High Schools would accept him. However, since ODAGIRI's father is a local man of importance, he went to the Headmaster in tears, who let ODAGIRI into school under some conditions (ie he doesn't come to the school).

The students unanimously call ODAGIRI a traitor, but Kumiko will find a way to get him back in school no matter what. With his school photo in hand, Kumiko goes downtown to locate ODAGIRI who is working in a bar there. She tries to persuade him to return to school, but...

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jan 31st, '05, 20:14

Thanks qoogirl for the episode synopses! We appreciate it very much. :D

Question about this week's Gokusen (ep 3)

Why were Tsuchiya Hikaru (aka tall guy with fan) and Hyuuga Kosuke taken into custody in the very beginning? Because they were riding a bike? :unsure:

EDIT: Just saw this episode again with Chinese subs.

Hikaru and Kosuke were taken into custody because they were riding double on the bike together. However, they were made to stay longer because the police thought that they had something to do with bike thefts. In the end, Yankumi was able to bail them out.

sakura1985

Post by sakura1985 » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

thanks qoogirl for the synopsis....
i really appreciate it....makes me wanna to watch gokusen 2 more :w00t:

mija

Post by mija » Feb 3rd, '05, 12:06

Its looks good so far~! When did the season premire on tv?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 3rd, '05, 12:38

geez....the Gokusen SP did not prepare me for that!!!!!

from the looks of the SP, i thought she was going to start with 1D at Shirogin High School. i was downtrodden to know that as adorable as the kids in 1D would turn out to be, they'll be just toooooooo young for me like. :P

but after reading the synopsis to Gokusen 2, i'm shocked and very happy to hear that Yankumi got fired and ends up in Kurogin High School with the 3D delinquents. I hope i end up falling for another character in part 2 as I did in Part 1 (Oguri Shun as Uchiyama :wub: )

also..........does Shinohara-san still play a role in Gokusen 2? :roll

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Feb 3rd, '05, 14:00

No, sadly Shinohara-san is not in Gokusen 2. There's another guy that Yankumi falls for and this time he happens to be a teacher for the girls' school. (He's not as handsome as Shinohara-san, in fact I think he looks kind of feminine. :O )

Yes, there are plenty of good looking guys in this one. Though . . I still miss Sawada Shin and Uchiyama. But Kuma is in this series, he's working hard keeping up the ramen restaurant.

Hmm. From the main 5 students, my favorites are: Hayato (leader aka Shin wannabe) :P , Ryu, and Hikaru (the tall guy with fan).

Laika

Post by Laika » Feb 3rd, '05, 16:33

donna8157 wrote: Hmm. From the main 5 students, my favorites are: Hayato (leader aka Shin wannabe) :P , Ryu, and Hikaru (the tall guy with fan).

Do you really think Hayato is the "new shin"? Because I tend to see Odagiri as the lead actor in Gokusen 2. I know Hayato is the leader of the class, and he has as much part as Odagiri, but because Odagiri's actor is also credted before Akanishi Jin, I think he's supposed to be the "nr1 student".
But actually I like Hayato more. He's so cute ^_^

I also don't really liek the new Yankumi love interest. Shinohara was so handsome, he should have been in Gokusen 2 as well. *sighs*

Btw, am I the only one who thinks it would be kinda cool if Goro-chan (the teacher) would fall for Yankumi. Don't know, it's weird but it would be fun.
[/i]

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Feb 4th, '05, 02:36

moving to review forum...

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » Feb 4th, '05, 05:45

ROFLMAO!

I'm at 3 min 52 sec of episode 1 and Yankumi is at it on a rock delivering her speech. What a dork! This is so freaking funny!!! I love it!

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » Feb 4th, '05, 07:04

Ok, that was hilarious. Unfortunately, since I wasn't reading subtitles, I saw just how bad the staged fights are. I mean, her weak little hook that would only be a love tap, that weak kick that wreaks of inflexability. But they do try. She just really needs a personal trainer or something. But the episode was very cool. I understood 3% of the dialogue. :D

Fighter

Post by Fighter » Feb 5th, '05, 12:52

I can't wait to see next episode! Yankumi is always a funny teacher >_< i like her and Jin is so cool :wub: if someone makes Eng sub,it'll good ^_~(tell me too).i understand 1/3 of it "-__
I just wish Shin will appear (matsujun is best!!!!)

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Feb 5th, '05, 13:48

same here. can`t wait till the next episode comes out.. for me, I actually like gokusen 2 more than gokusen 1, although in the first seoson there was MatsuJun.. I feel that in this season.. the second season then... I can better go into the series, because those guys are meaner and fearless... I like it.. Gokusen 1 was too soft :roll
btw have you guys noticed that Kame aka Ryu has been beaten up in every episode? :D my hero :lol

PuddingBerry

Post by PuddingBerry » Feb 6th, '05, 13:31

definitely Life-Altering to me :wub: !!!

I've watched the 1st part of Gokusen already.

That Jun from ARASHI starred in...... so I kind of

know the story-line. After knowing Kame and Jin

from KAT-TUN whom I LOVE SO MUCH!!! Would be

acting in this part of GOKUSEN.. I was SOOOO HAPPY :lol

definitely a great drama with lots of cute boys .... hahahahaha

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Feb 7th, '05, 08:50

I hope that in this series, the ending will be more like the ending from the Gokusen Anime Series. :wub: :wub: I hope they'll give a little more focus on the Ooedo group this time (ie yakuza v. yakuza troubles so we can finally see Tetsu, Minoru, etc. in action)

SPOILER for "Gokusen" Anime Series

Yankumi had been captured by another yakuza group and Sawada Shin ended up saving her because she was too weak (she had a fever). ^_^ (Maybe Ryu or Hayato can save her this time?) :P (But I still prefer MatsuJun .. sniff sniff)

kukuri
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kukuri » Feb 7th, '05, 20:47

donna8157 wrote: SPOILER for "Gokusen" Anime Series

Yankumi had been captured by another yakuza group and Sawada Shin ended up saving her because she was too weak (she had a fever). ^_^ (Maybe Ryu or Hayato can save her this time?) :P (But I still prefer MatsuJun .. sniff sniff)
:lol I love that scene the most. :wub:

kawaii~ne

Post by kawaii~ne » Feb 7th, '05, 22:36

I really love this drama... Can't wait for see the next episode :wub:
I like all the main actor hahah Jin Kame Hayami & Teppei
They're very nice ^^ Good looking ^^

Question : Why they change their hair style in every episode?? really want to know haha :wub:

minakun

Post by minakun » Feb 7th, '05, 23:01

[quote="kawaii~ne"]I really love this drama... Can't wait for see the next episode :wub:
I like all the main actor hahah Jin Kame Hayami & Teppei
They're very nice ^^ Good looking ^^

Question : Why they change their hair style in every episode?? really want to know haha :wub:[/quote]

do they? i think they have the same hair styles but they redo it so its kinda different
besides theyre idols so theyre allowed! lol
they look soo gd though especially kame

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Feb 7th, '05, 23:16

It is pretty sure, that Kame and Jin will have a lot of fans after Gokusen 2 :lol
It`s kinda cool, and a great promotion to Kat-tun ofcourse :D
Anyway, I am deffinately a fan now because of those two.. how about you guys?

Mineral

Post by Mineral » Feb 11th, '05, 13:47

how many episodes are there for gokusen 2?
are there only 4 episodes?

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Feb 14th, '05, 14:42

Mineral wrote:how many episodes are there for gokusen 2?
No, there are 10 episodes for this season. The first 5 episodes have already come out. :D

I can't wait to see next week's. ^_^

Nerina

Post by Nerina » Feb 15th, '05, 16:13

donna8157 wrote:
No, there are 10 episodes for this season. The first 5 episodes have already come out. :D

yeah, yeah, I want to see it too!!!! I liked the episode in gokusen1 where Shin discovers Yankumi's little secret sooo much, I will love this too...I'm sure...at least I will love Kame&Jin...as always... :mrgreen:

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Feb 17th, '05, 06:41

I watched Episode 4 subbed in Chinese and in the end when all the students were gathered around Hikaru because they were happy that he wasn't kicked out of school:

A classmate: "Oi Tsuchi-, is it possible that you like that girl?"
Another classmate: "Is it true?"
Tsuchiya Hikaru (the tall one) : "Stop joking around."
A classmate laughs: "Don't be shy about it."
Tsuchiya Hikaru: "I'm not interested in school girls. The one that I'm interested in is older than me."
Yankumi pops up: "Someone who is older than you? Are you talking about me? Don't be so forward." ^_^
Ryu: "Don't come to your own conclusions."

Hehe. :D So who was Hikaru referring to? :-)

Edit: I just watched Episode 5. It was so cute!

My favorite scene from the Valentine's Episode:

When Ryu and Hayato are sitting together drinking in a coffee shop (?).

Ryu: I wonder where the others are.
Hayato: Uhn .. I heard that they were determined to have Takeda talk to her today.
Ryu: Takeda .. (something along the lines that he's taking things too slowly)
Hayato: If I was Takeda, I could get her with one breath.
Ryu: Heh Heh.
Hayato: So how many chocolates did you receive last year?
Ryu: Hmm .. I think it was 20 all together.
Hayato: Oh .. I had about 22.
Ryu: Oh, really? Maybe it was about 30.
Hayato: Well, my aunt told me that I had gotten 45.
Ryu: Someone told me I had received 67.
Hayato: I got 84.

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Feb 17th, '05, 19:18

those translations were funny :P
Arigatou Donna :-)

sakurakazuya2005
Location: In Kazu chan's house playing arond with Jin&Kazu chan~>///<

Post by sakurakazuya2005 » Feb 19th, '05, 23:11

haha~i like this part too...i mean ryu n hayato talking in the coffee shop~they are so cute ne~ :cry: ...is happy crying~ :P anyway i luv gokusen~>< next episode was cool too...coz ryu and hayato come to yankumi's house...can't wait to watch ne~>///< :w00t: anyway thx for the translation,donna chan~<3

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Feb 22nd, '05, 14:40

btw does anyone know what did the Oedo family tell to these two.. did they tell the truth? or did they played something else again? :P because it seemed to me that they were deffinately not telling the truth, but the end of the episode I had a bit different feeling :D

anyway to not spoil this thing (although it is said already pretty much) can someone PM me, if he/she understood what did the Oedo family tell Ryu and Hayato?

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Feb 24th, '05, 18:57

I absolutely love this series... ^_____^

Although I can only understand around 80-90% of the diaglogue with my somewhat limited self-taught Japanese... (ahahaha I'm working on it! ^_^ ) I am thoroughly enjoying Gokusen 2!

Jin as Hayato is great! XDDDDD I die everytime I see him on screen. XD And Kame as Ryu! ^____^ *DIES*

I am anticipating the future episodes... I LOVE THIS SERIES I believe everyone should watch it. XDDDD Hopefully it'll be subbed sometime so I can see the 10-20% I'm missing. XD

*cough*IhaveaseriouslyaoimindsoI'mnotgoingtocommentonloveinterests*cough*
:D

rosie

Post by rosie » Feb 26th, '05, 04:27

marit wrote:btw does anyone know what did the Oedo family tell to these two.. did they tell the truth? or did they played something else again? :P because it seemed to me that they were deffinately not telling the truth, but the end of the episode I had a bit different feeling :D

anyway to not spoil this thing (although it is said already pretty much) can someone PM me, if he/she understood what did the Oedo family tell Ryu and Hayato?
Messaged you with a somewhat answer :)

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Feb 28th, '05, 20:49

marit wrote:btw does anyone know what did the Oedo family tell to these two.. did they tell the truth? or did they played something else again? :P because it seemed to me that they were deffinately not telling the truth, but the end of the episode I had a bit different feeling :D

Well, the Ooedo family was thankful to Hayato and Ryu because they had brought the other guy home. However, while bringing him home they heard him say things like: "Ojou is beautiful . . she is smart . . etc etc" (referring to Yankumi of course)

But then Yankumi came home and Ryu/Hayato put two and two together. Yankumi tried to cover things up by introducing them as not what they really were. However, the grandfather saw that it was to no avail, she should stop putting up a facade. So in the end she came clean and told them .. but her dream was to become a teacher and if the school were to find out, she'd be fired. Ryu/Hayato agreed to keep it a secret.

In the end, Ryu and Hayato were kind of making fun of her for being the heir to the yakuza etc.

Su

Post by Su » Mar 2nd, '05, 07:41

i like this drama very much, but Gokusen 2 has no sub, what a pity ! : :roll

Nerina

Post by Nerina » Mar 5th, '05, 07:33

Am I allowed to make a countdown???? :mrgreen:

Every Sunday I can't sleep very long, because I want to download as soon as possible...

piccolo38

Chinese Subs?

Post by piccolo38 » Mar 9th, '05, 02:45

Hello, from previous posts I gather some people are watching Gokusen 2 with chinese subs? May i ask where I may get a hold of these subs as well? Thanks for reading.

donna8157

Re: Chinese Subs?

Post by donna8157 » Mar 9th, '05, 02:52

piccolo38 wrote:Hello, from previous posts I gather some people are watching Gokusen 2 with chinese subs? May i ask where I may get a hold of these subs as well? Thanks for reading.
Under Chinese Discussion, click on Chinese-subbed JDrama series (or something of that nature) and you'll get links to the new Japanese series with Chinese subs. The subs usually come out a 5-6 days after it shows.

piccolo38

Chinese Subtitles

Post by piccolo38 » Mar 9th, '05, 03:39

Tahnk you for your help, donna, but unfortunately the links do not work for me. Either it is something regarding bad name or security issue, or I fail to connect to peers. If anybody knows the solution to my problem please share, if not thank you for your time nonetheless.

xiangkc

Post by xiangkc » Mar 9th, '05, 04:46

i haven't even see the first one yet... only 4 episodes of first one... sigh

PuddingBerry

Post by PuddingBerry » Mar 15th, '05, 04:19

donna8157 wrote:

Eh??!! Only 10 episodes O_____O ?!!!!!!!!!!! *faint*

Nooooooooo~ *cry* ... why oh why ............... it's way to short!!

It's already up to 9th episode now, only 1 more to go T____T!!

I still haven't had enough of Kame and Jin (Hayato & Ryu) .. T___T!!!!

Wanna watch more... ~

I think they all have acted so well in this drama !!

juntsuyo

Post by juntsuyo » Mar 20th, '05, 01:46

I love gokusen2 so much! Although the story is very similar to gokusen1, but I definetly like gokusen2 better (just because there's Akanishi Jin and Kamenashi Kazuya from KAT-TUN). I just don't want the drama to end so early!

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Mar 22nd, '05, 03:59

Having watch episode 10 of Gokusen 2, I think that I can definitely say the original Gokusen was better. The last 3 episodes of Gokusen 2 seemed to be missing SOMETHING--perhaps comically, that the original Gokusen had plenty of. Also, Kumiko's love interest in Gokusen 2 was a big let-down. :(

Gucio

Post by Gucio » Mar 28th, '05, 00:01

Is there any1 who know where can i get gokusen 9-12. I found only torrents from first to 8th episode only :cry: . I want to finish first series before gokusen 2... Meybe it's wrong place to ask :glare: but i really don't know where look for them

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Mar 28th, '05, 03:14

Gucio wrote:Is there any1 who know where can i get gokusen 9-12. I found only torrents from first to 8th episode only :cry: . I want to finish first series before gokusen 2... Meybe it's wrong place to ask :glare: but i really don't know where look for them
Gokusen 9-12 has not been subbed in English yet. SARS has done the past 8 episodes of this series.

However, you can find the completely Gokusen series with Chinese subs in rmvb quality. You can download the torrent in the torrents section after doing a search for it.

Nerina

Post by Nerina » Mar 28th, '05, 05:51

qoogirl wrote:Having watch episode 10 of Gokusen 2, I think that I can definitely say the original Gokusen was better. The last 3 episodes of Gokusen 2 seemed to be missing SOMETHING--perhaps comically, that the original Gokusen had plenty of. Also, Kumiko's love interest in Gokusen 2 was a big let-down. :(
I liked it that Yankumi's love didn't get a happy end...in mine opinion it wouldn't have fitted...of course I was sad when she wasn't able to do her confession and because her "date" with Kujou sensei turned out to be not what she expected...but when she finally said good-bye to him, she did it with a smile and with - that's only what I "felt" - with a some relief.

Mmh, I also liked it that the last eps weren't so comical...I think it fitted better to those boys in Gokusen2, because they are different from Gokusen1...their soemhow harder and angier...

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Mar 30th, '05, 11:41

Sigh. After finishing this series, I'd have to agree that I enjoyed "Gokusen" much more than the sequel. Mainly because the story just seemed . . . incomplete? Many of the characters such as the majority of the other teachers weren't even properly developed and ended up being side comical characters. Especially Baba-sensei.

The first one had some episodes that focused on Yankumi's friends. Ie the one where the teacher was working at a lounge and another where the school nurse had a little child.

But on the positive side, I thought that Yankumi was portrayed really well (as always) and I liked the five main students. ^_^ though definitely given the situation and such (where that class was in a whole separate building), I would have thought that the students would behave more badly? Lol. :D
I kind of liked the fact that they didn't make Yankumi's love interest work out for the better. After all, the teacher never seemed to display much interest for her in the beginning and never really did anything for her (unlike Shinohara-san who sometimes seemed to go out of his way to help her students). hmm .. but then again, Shinohara-san being a detective was a plus especially with Yankumi's students getting in trouble with the law all the time. I guess my point is that it would have seemed to abrupt if the teacher agreed to have a romantic relationship with Yankumi.)

On Edit: In the end, did Yankumi mention that Sawada Shin was a teacher now?

sweetie_babe

Post by sweetie_babe » Apr 12th, '05, 02:37

qoogirl wrote:I just hope that the storyline of crush-on-the-teacher and the whole Yankumi-chases-other-gorgeous-male-teacher isn't a copy from GOKUSEN 1.

Do this one have english subbed? If yes how come when i enter, they only show japanese writing or something? How do I get in and download the file?

sweetie_babe

Post by sweetie_babe » Apr 12th, '05, 02:44

Anyone know a site to download Goksen 2 with eng subbed?
If yes pls tell me, I really want to see season 2.
Last edited by sweetie_babe on May 21st, '05, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Apr 12th, '05, 07:20

sweetie_babe wrote:Anyone know a site to download Goksen 2 with eng subbed?
There are no English subs for Gokusen 2 yet, although there are Chinese subs for it.

sweetie_babe

Post by sweetie_babe » Apr 12th, '05, 20:51

donna8157 wrote:
There are no English subs for Gokusen 2 yet, although there are Chinese subs for it.
Thanks for the info!

mizugameza

Post by mizugameza » Jul 9th, '05, 00:10

can anybody tell me where i can find the raw the episode 5
i look and look but can't seen to find it

thank you

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Aug 12th, '05, 03:37

i thought this series was going to be sub in english pretty soon....but there isn't any yet :-(

gelyn

Post by gelyn » Aug 12th, '05, 11:34

i think there are soft sub available... u might as well go to the subbing forum to get it. but dont know if they are complete or not.

but still i prefer gokusen 1 over gokusen 2... coz every plot on gokusen 2 is always predictable... u can easily guess what will happen next... :|

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Aug 13th, '05, 01:58

gelyn wrote:
i think there are soft sub available... u might as well go to the subbing forum to get it. but dont know if they are complete or not.

but still i prefer gokusen 1 over gokusen 2... coz every plot on gokusen 2 is always predictable... u can easily guess what will happen next... :|
so is there any site??? i want to watch Gokusen 2 too. :-)

sweetie_babe

Post by sweetie_babe » Aug 13th, '05, 02:10

^You can download Goksuen 2 from here, if that's what you're asking!

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Aug 13th, '05, 07:07

sweetie_babe wrote:^You can download Goksuen 2 from here, if that's what you're asking!
with subs???

ina

Post by ina » Aug 13th, '05, 12:52

The softsubs for episodes 1-5 of Gokusen 2 are available here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17953

Please use the search thread in the subtitle forum in the future.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Aug 13th, '05, 21:18

ina wrote:The softsubs for episodes 1-5 of Gokusen 2 are available here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17953

Please use the search thread in the subtitle forum in the future.
thanks!!! :P

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Aug 17th, '05, 20:19

Do you know if anyone is continuing to translate gokusen 2? It just kind of stalled at episode 5, but I'm new, so I'm not sure...

mizuki88

Post by mizuki88 » Aug 29th, '05, 10:56

Fighter wrote:I can't wait to see next episode! Yankumi is always a funny teacher >_< i like her and Jin is so cool :wub: if someone makes Eng sub,it'll good ^_~(tell me too).i understand 1/3 of it "-__
I just wish Shin will appear (matsujun is best!!!!)
sorry but just wanted to ask bout ur sig, is that Full House Manga??? Dying to find it! Where did you get it from? is it scanlated??

**on Gokusen2

Agreed, Yankumi's new love interest is nowhere near the hotness levels of season 1's Shinohara.

And Odagiri or Hayato are nowhere near as cool as Sawada Shin (Matsujun! I mean noone beats him! :wub: )

I rather like Ryu tho (Odagiri), he's cool and collected compared to Hot Headed Hayato. I like the girly guy too.. Wat's his name? He's so cute! Really nice voice, sounds like he'd make a good seiyuu for a yaoi drama cd :lol :roll

In terms of pairing?? I know i'm not the only one that sees OdagiriXHayato! Just look at all the fights! ^_^ Protects him first, Upset because Ryu lowerd himself! It's all in context! ^_^

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 19th, '05, 03:50

This drama wasn't life-altering.........basically a repeat of Gokusen 1 but with new faces....and may i mention new, hot faces~

however, this drama is worth it for a few laughs here and there (although it wasn't quite as funny as Gokusen) and to drool over AKAME, Mokomichi-kun, and the ever so adorable doll-like Teppei-chan.

And although Shinohara-san (Sawamura Ikki) wasn't part of Gokusen 2, the almostt as good-looking Kujo-sensei (Sawamura Ikki) made up for the loss of Sawamura-san~

oh so...yea...........i guessed i watched it just to drool over the guys. :lol

kidding~

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 19th, '05, 03:58

uhmm ... to tell the truth , Im a little desperate , deceived by the 2nd season of Gokusen ... The fact that Shirokin High School is turned just makes me maddd !!! :[ don't like that at all ... THe cast change completly , I just found that strange somehow ... prefer the old cast ... they're were so amazing and makz me laugh all during watching eps ... But in S 2 , humm , thuogh there're "hot" guys and new characters , but can't adapte it , the main song neither .... prefer " Feel you Breeze" !!!!!!!!!!!

What makes a total different between 2 S , I think it's the end , in S 1 I remeber I cried so much when Yankumi talk to her students , I found it very touching ... Jun's acting was so greattttt .. and in the end alll students leave TOGETHER !! Whereas in S 2 , they just leave one after other in their ways , Don't like it .... hix

Missss Yankumi and Shin .................. yaaaaaaaaaa

JetY

Post by JetY » Oct 19th, '05, 09:43

Gokusen 1 is also great.....
I've watched Gokusen on time every day

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Oct 19th, '05, 16:10

So what's the difference between Gokusen 1 & 2? Is Gokusen 1 also about delinquents and a yakuza teacher?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 19th, '05, 18:07

^ it's basically the same story but the class is different...which means even more cute boys causing problems :lol

chibirice

Post by chibirice » Oct 20th, '05, 06:51

Anoo . . ^_^; seems several people have asked if there are indeed subs to the reunion and no one has said anything. So as painful as it is to hear it again, I also ask if anyone has any idea if there are subs located somewhere, so I may be able to fully understand the conversations. I am only in second year japanese, and as you may know, my understanding is limited.
Thanks!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 20th, '05, 07:11

If subs or a subbed version is made available for dramas, we usually get them pretty quickly here.
All I can say is, try to be patient and keep checking the Subtitles forum... We also have a thread for posting which series you'd like to be subtitled most, which fansubbers can go to to help decide on their next projects.

Besides, with 2 yrs of Japanese under your belt, you will actually be quite well equipped to wean yourself off of subtitles. A lot of the grammar should be there, so all you'll really lacking is vocabulary which is easily solved by persistence and a dictionary. Just try listening more and reading less. I the long run, that'll help more than subs... :)
Last edited by mizune on Oct 20th, '05, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

chibirice

Post by chibirice » Oct 20th, '05, 07:14

All right, I understand, thank you. I'll keep an eye out.

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Oct 27th, '05, 00:47

OMG SPEAKING OF THIS I'M WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW AND I DEFINITELY LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!! LOL ALL THOSE GUYS ARE SOOOOO YOUNG AND HOT!!!! LOL BUT SOME PLUCK THEIR EYEBROWS,,,THAT SEEMED ODD...BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TALLEST GUY FROM THE FIRST SEASON? GOKUSEN1? HE HAS SUPER BLONDISH HAIR AND LATER HE HAD THIS CLIP ON HIS HAIR...I WANT TO STALK HIm!! LOL