Format: Renzoku
Genre: Medical, suspense
Episodes:
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2013-Jan-15 to
Air time: Tuesday 21:00
Theme song: Calling by Arashi

Synopsis

Inspired by the works of Nobel Prize winner Yamanaka Shinya, comes a medical suspense drama that focuses on the cutting-edge medical technology. Set in the infamous Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation hospital (IBRI), it tells the story of a medical team, that is made up of doctors from different fields of expertise, age-group and career aspirations. They are the last hope for all the terminally ill patients who are sent there. 「What does it mean to live?」, 「What does it mean to save a patient?」 and 「How far is one supposed to go in the name of medical care?」. These are the questions that trouble the team, as they slowly grow as an individual and as a team, helping each other overcome their complexes and their past.

Hatano Takumi is a qualified GP, and had thought of taking over his father's family practise. However, his father has other plans for him, and recommended him to join IBRI instead. Takumi is excellent at diagnosing a patient's illness, but he is considered an eccentric, due to his habit of dropping everything to have a snack on-the-dot at 3 o'clock. Unbeknownst to himself, he actually carries a secret from when he was a kid. When that secret is exposed, what will happen to Takumi? --Fuji TV

CAST

Aiba Masaki - Hatano Takumi
Tabe Mikako - Tachibana Ayumi
Tanabe Seiichi
Kitamura Yukiya
Sakuraba Nanami
Hirata Mitsuru
Takashima Masahiro
Kohinata Fumiyo

Tony09
Italy

Post by Tony09 » Jan 23rd, '13, 21:03

No users this season translates the drama Last Hope? Hopefully someone translate it, is one of the dorama that expected with more anxiety this season. :cry:

miss_sunrise

Post by miss_sunrise » Feb 8th, '13, 03:27

I must admit I wasn't sure whether Aiba can pull off a doctor... He totally can!
There are going to be subs for this, but so far they're not open to the public.

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Feb 17th, '13, 22:11

The Japanese is quite standard and easy to understand, and so no particular need for subs. Although the plot is a bit far fetched at times, this is a rather good drama for learning medical terminology, so the vast majority of people closely following this drama will neither need nor desire subs. If you look at relative download rates, most D-Addicts users never bother to download subs. After all, most people with a strong interest in Japanese drama have spent the time and effort to have learned the language.

2kwik2can

Post by 2kwik2can » Feb 22nd, '13, 18:50

I like this drama, but I wish this had subs. I know STORMY are subbing it but they don't use MF anymore & I'm not familiar with their new dl links. :-(