[Discussion] Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO and OKINAWA

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yuki238

Post by yuki238 » Apr 14th, '13, 08:24

yanie wrote:I subbed the MAKING SP :)
Thanx so much!! Maybe it's still early to say this, but I really love this version of ItaKiss!!

benahod

Post by benahod » Apr 15th, '13, 17:13

yanie wrote:I subbed the MAKING SP :)

Itazura na Kiss ~Love in Tokyo - Behind the Scenes (ENGLISH-SUBBED)
http://z13.invisionfree.com/ItaKissComm ... p=22358368
Thank you very much. I hope this Dorama can make a perfection to the 1996 version. :D

atikahfuwafuwa

Post by atikahfuwafuwa » Apr 15th, '13, 17:55

hello, i got a question..does this show airs once or twice a week?

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 15th, '13, 18:41

One episode per week (airs at Friday)

kingofbeer

Post by kingofbeer » Apr 15th, '13, 18:49

Subtitles for E03 are now out :)

atikahfuwafuwa

Post by atikahfuwafuwa » Apr 15th, '13, 21:28

kathia_sophia wrote:One episode per week (airs at Friday)
ohh..i thought it'll air twice per week..one episode per week is pure torture :cry:

@kingsofbeeer, yay! thanks! :cheers:

kyutrix

Post by kyutrix » Apr 16th, '13, 02:36

kingofbeer wrote:Subtitles for E03 are now out :)
Woohoo! Been waiting for it! :D

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Apr 16th, '13, 14:08

I thought, I would surely be bored by this, as I'm not target audience and I have almost no patience left for school and romance stories anymore. It is a bit unrealistic and predictable, that's certainly true and you can sure see, it is based on a shoujo-manga. But since I haven't seen any other version I thought I should give it a try. And that was a good idea. Itazura na Kiss is cute fun and never boring. I really enjoy it. Recommended!

yoochun95

Post by yoochun95 » Apr 18th, '13, 20:56

I am waiting for tmrrw i will watch it wothout subs first arghh... tmrrw come quick plsss..

axeroth

Post by axeroth » Apr 19th, '13, 00:01

can you tell me the opening song title and singer?

elise0605

Post by elise0605 » Apr 19th, '13, 00:30

I like the Itazurana Kiss Japanese ver 1996 much. I watched TaiWanese and Korean versions. They were so boring. The main girl was not the same as I imaged compared with original manga.
But, when I accidentally watched Japanese ver 2013, I was hooked to it. Both main girl and boy are so cute and perfect. I love this ver.

@SUBBERS: Thanks for your efforts.^^ Gambatte!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 19th, '13, 09:45

MaiKitty wrote:I thought, I would surely be bored by this, as I'm not target audience and I have almost no patience left for school and romance stories anymore.
Actually, ItaKiss manga's story spans 9 years. The leads started as 17 years olds and ended being 26 years olds, so it's not the typical highschool teenage love story. It gets more and more fun as the story progresses :-)

And I'd guarantee it won't be something like Bokura ga ita (i really don't understand why its a best-selling manga :unsure: )

kingofbeer

Post by kingofbeer » Apr 19th, '13, 16:21

Episode 04 subtitles are out.
I've posted a link of it on my twitter.
I'll added a srt synced to YYeTs version whenever it gets uploaded

yoochun95

Post by yoochun95 » Apr 19th, '13, 17:37

kingofbeer wrote:Episode 04 subtitles are out.

How come so quick? I still dunno where to watch it from without subs?? :unsure: :-(

lubergitu

Post by lubergitu » Apr 20th, '13, 13:30

kingofbeer wrote:Episode 04 subtitles are out.
Thank you regardless, I'll be waiting for the raw to be uploaded first

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Apr 20th, '13, 21:01

yanie wrote:
MaiKitty wrote:I thought, I would surely be bored by this, as I'm not target audience and I have almost no patience left for school and romance stories anymore.
Actually, ItaKiss manga's story spans 9 years. The leads started as 17 years olds and ended being 26 years olds, so it's not the typical highschool teenage love story. It gets more and more fun as the story progresses :-)

And I'd guarantee it won't be something like Bokura ga ita (i really don't understand why its a best-selling manga :unsure: )
Good to know. I'm happy that they seem to leave school behind pretty soon. Hopefully the drama spans 9 years, too.

The school they shoot this in, is the same school Ayumu attends in LIFE. I almost predicted Mana running around the corner, being chased by the whole school. And the house of the Iries, I swear I've also seen that before in a drama. Last Friends maybe? Then it is called Love in Tokyo, so there will be loads of familiar locations, I guess.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 21st, '13, 18:33

Its been amazing this remake, loved all 4 episodes until now, except that episode 4 was just a "bit" boring (not counting Naoki tragical encounters until his exam, that was so funny), but it was to be expected, I didn't enjoy the exams part in the Manga and in the other drama counterparts, I think its the part I like less in the whole series (that part and the one where Naoki goes to work to his father company, totally annoying and heartbreaking to me).
Next episode will be the FIRST KISS scene, Oh my, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! Can't wait any longer :P

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Apr 22nd, '13, 15:19

Oh god, I love this drama so much. Every episode is like a big laugh fest!
And because the language in this drama isn't that difficult, it's perfect to pick up new words. Learning new vocabulary and being entertained. Yeah, sounds pretty awesome to me. =D

And does anyone know what song they play in the intro? I've been humming it all day! :whistling:

I tried to look it up on the wiki page, but didn't quite find it.
So if anybody knows, I'd be really grateful! :mrgreen:

yoochun95

Post by yoochun95 » Apr 27th, '13, 09:49

i want to watch ep 5 but dramafever does not allow :'( its ok to watch raw as well but i dunno any website to watch??? any reccomendation? :x :glare:

kyutrix

Post by kyutrix » Apr 29th, '13, 00:38

yoochun95 wrote:i want to watch ep 5 but dramafever does not allow :'( its ok to watch raw as well but i dunno any website to watch??? any reccomendation? :x :glare:
i think dramacrazy has it with subs... and this has it raw: http://video.fc2.com/en/content/20130427HTHgd9MW/

lilin08

Post by lilin08 » May 8th, '13, 14:11

I just discovered this version yesterday, watched the 1st episode an hour ago and I'm totally lovin' it! The Taiwanese version has been my favorite ever since I watched it and this one really captured my attention like the Taiwanese version.

So far, I'm liking the chemistry between the lead actor and the lead actress which I looked for when I'm watching the drama. I'm looking forward to the future episodes. =)

Nocchuri

Post by Nocchuri » May 21st, '13, 02:46

For those who still don't know the name of the OP, it's "update" by Sabao. If it won't show up in English, try copying this on YouTube search: アップデート

The first two vids provide awesome quality. Enjoy! I'm totally enjoying this drama too. Just picked it up since I haven't watched any light-hearted romance for a long time. DIdn't know it would be this good.

samic

Post by samic » May 25th, '13, 14:41

Nocchuri wrote:For those who still don't know the name of the OP, it's "update" by Sabao. If it won't show up in English, try copying this on YouTube search: アップデート
The OP was アップデート by Sabão, their single was just released recently.

Speak of "update", Sabão isn't a "new" band either. They are actually "Hysteric Blue" minus one member (for obvious reason).

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 7th, '13, 20:17

Just saw episode 10 and it was amazing! One of the best episodes on this remake!!!

Only 6 episodes left, aww I love this drama, I don't want it to finish yet! But watching as things go, I don't think we will get to see much about their married life, sadly. They could've made it longer, 20 episodes probably would've been the best.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 21st, '13, 06:30

Kashiwabara Takashi will make a cameo appearance in Episode 15 as a doctor (maybe, the adult Irie Naoki from the alternate universe, hehe)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 21st, '13, 23:02

I think that this version will only cover until their wedding and not their married life. Sadly!
Episode 15 is called "Goodbye Irie-kun", while Episode 16 is called "Miracle of a Shooting Star", so its obvious they end up together on the very last episode... if it really is so, I hope they make a SP or a Movie, etc. Something that will show their married life, because its so cool.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jun 22nd, '13, 01:51

yanie wrote:Kashiwabara Takashi will make a cameo appearance in Episode 15 as a doctor (maybe, the adult Irie Naoki from the alternate universe, hehe)
When Sato Aiko made her appearance a few episodes ago i was wondering if Kassy would show up too but i wasn't very optimistic (long time since his last drama/movies). So knowing about his cameo makes me so happy! and i hope it lasts longer than Sato's cameo 'cause that was too short.

lubergitu

Post by lubergitu » Jun 24th, '13, 10:25

yanie wrote:Kashiwabara Takashi will make a cameo appearance in Episode 15 as a doctor (maybe, the adult Irie Naoki from the alternate universe, hehe)

Totally passed up as Miura Haruma's brother, lol.

Doe Kassy always look like this? :lol

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jun 25th, '13, 09:41

Waaa! Never thought the original Irie Naoki would be really a hottie despite his age! :D :wub:
So excited to see him on ep 15 yet I dont wanna end this drama~!

sinus

Post by sinus » Jul 7th, '13, 20:39

I can't seem to find the ratings for this drama. If anyone could direct me to a site that lists them, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jul 7th, '13, 22:36

This drama airs at Fuji TV TWO, its a pay channel, I don't think we will get ratings for it unlike the free channel dramas.

sinus

Post by sinus » Jul 8th, '13, 05:38

Ah, ok. Didn't know that. Thanks!

BloomingDesire87
United States of America

Post by BloomingDesire87 » Jul 22nd, '13, 07:25

Hey Guys,

I know what the opening and ending songs are for the series, but does anyone know what song they play for the insert song? Whenever I listen to it, it doesn't sound like either the op or ed song =( But it sure does sound like Sabao

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jul 22nd, '13, 21:20

It ENDED sadly!!! I want a second season with their married life, but since its Fuji TV TWO that might happen.

The Final was beautiful, well-done, romantic and sweet.

What a great remake, one of the best remakes I've seen.

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 23rd, '13, 09:27

I'm also wanting to have a season 2 for ItaKiss. I badly need a marriage arc! :) Probably it's possible next year or 2 years from now which makes Miki 18 years old. :)

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Jul 23rd, '13, 11:40

ilovejdramas wrote:I'm also wanting to have a season 2 for ItaKiss. I badly need a marriage arc! :) Probably it's possible next year or 2 years from now which makes Miki 18 years old. :)
Still far too young. At least 4 years from now if they want to

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Jul 23rd, '13, 20:18

lontong.stroong wrote:
ilovejdramas wrote:I'm also wanting to have a season 2 for ItaKiss. I badly need a marriage arc! :) Probably it's possible next year or 2 years from now which makes Miki 18 years old. :)
Still far too young. At least 4 years from now if they want to
I totally agree with this. Depending on where they want to go and if they want to follow the ending planned by the author, it would be very difficult to go much further in the near future. Even four years might be pushing it. If you want to see where they could take it (and to avoid anything that might be seen as spoilery), find the anime which has the ending as intended by the author; the anime (after episode 22) was the first time that the concepts for the author's planned ending had been provided in any form after she died in 1999. From my understanding, The manga was continued in line with these concepts for a few more chapters.

One thing I WILL say about the series is that I was disappointed that they missed out Chris Robbins, though it would probably have required a native English speaking actress

BloomingDesire87
United States of America

Post by BloomingDesire87 » Oct 7th, '13, 00:16

This series just got a green-lit for a second season!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 2nd-season

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Oct 7th, '13, 02:04

BloomingDesire87 wrote:This series just got a green-lit for a second season!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 2nd-season
What??? I hope they'll make this sequel in 2017, can't imagine kid like Honoka bear a children when herself is far too young for such role

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 1st, '14, 05:29

Season 2 has started shooting in Okinawa since February 20th. They're shooting the honeymoon episode there.

The production team is AOI PRO now (not CINEMART anymore), so different producers, different director, different scriptwriter. But same original cast.

There's still no info when it'll exactly gonna air (only says within this year), which TV station gonna broadcast this, and how many episodes it's gonna be.

source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140 ... 4-oric-ent
http://www.aoi-pro.com/news/news/20140228

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Mar 1st, '14, 07:48

Thanks for the update, Yanie. I really liked season 1.

I wonder if Miki Honoka can pull off playing a more mature woman after all she wont turn 17 until next week. (born March 7, 1997)

She was such a cutey in a part that could be really an annoying person.

Perhaps because she is short that by using an older hairdo and makeup and clothes she may be able to. Of course going into her 30's may be a bit of a stretch.

She looks a lot older than 16 in that honeymoon photo. In that photo it does not look like there is a 9+ years difference in their ages.

:-)

tseon

Post by tseon » Mar 2nd, '14, 00:10

I also really liked season 1, and I'm looking forward for a second season! And she definetely is looking a bit older on that picture.

yuji07

Post by yuji07 » Mar 10th, '14, 18:05

I really love the this drama especially Yuki Furukawa who just did a great job in portraying the
Role of the ever Stoic yet genius heart throb Naoki Irie :D

as for Miki Honoka, Well she's is soooo cute! I love her whenever she pouts..haha so cute,and like Yuki, she also did a good job in portraying the role of Aihara Kotoko :D

I'm looking forward to the season of Itazura na kiss,:D

zhairen18

Post by zhairen18 » May 2nd, '14, 15:22

I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE IT!!!!!!! Hahahaha!!! I really find Honoka Miki very cute... That's probably the strength of jdramas... I mean the girls doesn't need to act cute because they already are... :)

There was a time when I was like "when will they be together?!?" (my normal reaction when i feel like the pace is so slow for the protagonists to be together) But then again, that's how the story really is... XD And i kind of felt like Irie Naoki was waaaay cold... hahaha!!! That's good though... But Kin-chan was waaaay lovable that I can't help but to feel sorry for him...

I'd probably rate it 8.75 out of 10. <3

Whoever wants to download, I just want you to know I'm seeding this series for a week more.... :)

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » May 2nd, '14, 16:12

Has anyone heard when Season 2 will air?

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

EstieBear

Post by EstieBear » Sep 12th, '14, 16:43

Season 2 special will be airing tomorrow at 3:20 a.m in Japan. Will there be a separate thread for Season 2? I don't see one