Winter 2014 JDrama uploads

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Winter 2014 JDrama uploads

Post by micehell » Jan 6th, '14, 19:42

Unlike the KDramas, where uploaders call which shows they're taking, JDramas is kind of a free for all in a way, with no one really knowing what anyone else is doing until after they've already done it. Which is fine until you wind up like we did last season where I wound up doing a great deal of it without ever really meaning to. *snork* And don't get me wrong, I never mind the actual doing of it, but there were things that happened... well, let's just say there are some people who make me go oi!, and let it go at that. ;)

But in order to try to make things easier all around for everyone, especially for any potential JDrama uploaders who'd maybe held back thinking they'd be stepping on my toes or something, this season, except for what I plan to upload either because 1) it's the YYeTs versions, which is what I always upload anyway, or 2) it's a show I'm actually going to watch (well, saying I get a source for it, at any rate ;), I won't do any of the others... though, really, the YYeTs versions usually include all the new dramas, or at least mostly, so in the extremely unlikely event that no one uploads them, at least some version of them should be around.

But for the raw versions of the dramas, I thought we might attempt to be a little less free for all about the uploading via a completely unofficial JDrama version of the KDrama show claims, so below are a list of the dramas I intend to upload. Anyone else who wants to let people know what shows they intend to go for, feel free to comment as well (here's a great source to see what's coming and when)... though since I'm not a mod, the 'claim' won't be enforced in any way, this is just a experiment to see if we can have less guessing ahead of time. ;)

starting air date 1/9:
Kinkyuu Torishirabeshitsu
Dr DMAT
Iryu 4

1/11:
Lost Days

1/12:
S ~ Saigo no Keikan

1/19:
Chi no Wadachi

Edit: via special request, there's another one
Nezumi, Edo wo Hashiru
Last edited by micehell on Jan 24th, '14, 03:29, edited 4 times in total.

Tony09
Italy

Post by Tony09 » Jan 6th, '14, 20:45

Hello micehell.
Not bad your idea about this situation, but in my opinion I do not share, do not agree.
I'm a big fan of Japan Entertaiment (JDrama & TvVarietyeMusic), by loading only a few episodes of a few dramas that you've written, put in condition to people to subtitle only the ones you mentioned, doing so many JDrama not be translated into English even though loads YYeTs version.
In this last period there is already a large drop of passionate people to Japanese drama, doing it this way you have said, will disappear in no time at all this passion.
Lately, the blog of Furransu is paused, in doing so kill the vision of Japanese drama.
I know where you download the RAW, if I want I can also upload the other versions of the drama '.
We put in a position to fansubber to subtitle a bit all series of the season.
What do you think?
I can help you.!

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jan 6th, '14, 22:20

Subtitles aren't really an area I'm worried about. It's not that I'm not happy when people subtitle shows I'm watching, 'cause that's awesome, but I upload plenty of shows that have no subtitles at all and aren't likely to ever get any (sadly enough). Even with the YYeTs, there are lots of people who dl that version not because they speak either Japanese or Chinese (of any type), but just because it's a decent encode for the file size, so the sub isn't the criteria for me that it is for Furransu (whose just on vacation last I heard (from a comment he made, even)). And even if Furransu were to stop encoding altogether (which I'd understand, with the garbage he takes, 'cause I get far far less and it still pisses me off ;), there are others who encode at 480p even now, so it's not likely to stop people uploading any if they were going to. Now finding good quality 720p or even 1080p encodes, there's the rub, 'cause there are a lot fewer of those around every time Japan cracks down on sharing, which they do from time to time. Right now we sometimes only have the various AAC versions, and they don't do anywhere near all the shows, which is why I tend to use the Korean encodes, even though they're not the best by any means.

As for where to get the raws, I usually get mine from Korean sites (obviously, from what I said ;), but other people get theirs from all around, so if you want to start uploading, you can try those or look around this forum and see if anyone knows any good and/or Japanese sites, maybe. If you get your raws from private forums/drop box types of places, a lot of the uploaders have rules about if and where you can share, so be careful with those, but other than that, go for it. :)

PS: if you do decide to start uploading, PM me and I'll tell you some shortcuts and stuff you can do to make things easier for yourself and people dling from you... also just know that if you haven't uploaded here before, you'll be on a kind of probation at first, but if you stick with it, eventually you get taken off and things'll go much faster after that.
Last edited by micehell on Jan 7th, '14, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

kowai-onna

Post by kowai-onna » Jan 7th, '14, 01:35

wow i didn't know uploaders have such system..
thank you so much for providing us with great dramas m(_ _)m

and btw, THANKS A LOT, so happy to read you intend to upload DMAT :wub: :wub:

when kurokouchi ended it's so heartbreaking to not see nagase again in drama :cry:
i hope he will have another drama / movie project soon :wub:

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Jan 7th, '14, 01:50

micehell wrote:And even if Furransu were to stop encoding altogether (which I'd understand, with the garbage he takes, 'cause I get far far less and it still pisses me off ;)
Trust me when I say I've gotten a whole lot more Garbage / crap over the years. It still pisses me off even now. Now I just ignore them BUT sometimes I really like to blow off some steam by giving them a piece of my mind....

But sadly I just bottle it up. :shocked:

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Jan 9th, '14, 11:16

Moving this to Jdrama discussions. (Similar to Kdrama uploaders list)

New uploaders are welcome, but while waiting, hopefully some current uploaders are willing to share the load with micehell.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '14, 00:04

Thanks to all uploaders for doing such a great job.
I wonder if there is a place to know which Jdramas are being uploaded here or not. because I was waiting for 'Nezumi, Edo wo Hashiru' for months but I can't see it's name in above drama list. 1st ep was aired on NHK on 09/01/14
Thanks in advance :salut:

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jan 11th, '14, 00:24

@Issy, well, for you, I'll add it to my list. ;) I just put up ep 1, so you don't have to wait any longer.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '14, 01:01

micehell wrote:@Issy, well, for you, I'll add it to my list. ;) I just put up ep 1, so you don't have to wait any longer.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

can't thank you enough my dear. I really appreciate it :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

ps. always happy to see tomobaby pic in your ava/sigi :wub:

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Jan 11th, '14, 02:53

Good for you micehell. You're a good egg. :salut:

I do agree that there's many impatient people asking for this and that. What they don't realise is that this is a job that doesn't pay anything. They are only interested in what they want. "I want this I want that" "Why is the 720p quality so poor?" "Can't you encode it better?" Some don't even bother to read the post just above theirs and still ask the same question. Silly people.

Some may say, "What's wrong with asking?" Well, it's the way that you ask and the rudeness that pisses uploaders off.

These are the people that make uploaders lose interest in uploading dramas for them. I bet there will still be people that ask "Why is there no uploads" for this or that.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '14, 08:22

@Baeksoo
First of all, I really didn't mean for my post to sound like an order and never asked for my drama to be uploaded. I am grateful for uploaders time and dedication when they have picked this job. If my post sounded otherwise, I apologise as this was NOT my intention.
I simply asked if there is a thread that we can check (like kdrama section) which dramas going to be uploaded here. You never see request for dramas there but at least you know that you have to look some where else. If I mentioned my drama's name was simply out of curiosity to see maybe if I have missed something. And I'm so grateful for micehell for doing so. She could have replied like you did to my post.

I have been on DA long enough to know how it works, what is allowed and not allowed thank you very much.
Peace to all and have a good day.

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Jan 11th, '14, 08:34

Sorry for the misunderstanding Issy. My rant was NOT directed at you at ALL. If you read micehell's first post then you will understand who I'm directing it at. It has NOTHING to do with you.

I apologise if you thought it was directed at you. I'm directing it at Micehell's first post. Because of irresponsible people, Micehell has cut back on the number of Jdramas uploaded.

Peace.

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Jan 11th, '14, 08:43

I may upload a batch when the series ends. (Like what I did last season) So any complaints is IGNORED!!

That's the only way to survive the onslaught of complaints I've taken over the years. People can be quite demanding. :cussing:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '14, 08:57

Lol! Thank you for clearing this misunderstanding. It was right after my post and it's easy to think was directed to me. :salut:
in any way, I really do appreciate all of your dedication for getting us all these dramas/entertainments.

:salut: :salut: :salut:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 20th, '14, 03:51

If it's okay I will take on and make batches of Gunshi Kanbee (TradCHI, not YYeTs CHI-JPN). I plan on posting 10 episodes in each batch, it means there will be a while between each new one.
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Jan 20th, '14, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jan 20th, '14, 04:02

Keiko1981 wrote:If it's okay I will take on and make batches of Gunshi Kanbee (TradCHI). I plan on posting 10 episodes in each batch, it means there will be a while between each new one.
Sounds good to me for sure. I'd seen it was out, but taking on the year long shows like that is true dedication. ;)

Tony09
Italy

Post by Tony09 » Jan 21st, '14, 21:32

To avoid misunderstandings, I will write the drama that will load this winter season.

Shitsuren.Chocolatier. (1280x720)
Senryokugai.Sousakan. (1280x720 & 720p.HDTVx264.AAC)
Yoru.no.Sensei. (1280x720)
Boku.no.Ita.Jikan. (1280x720)
Fukuie.Keibuho.no.Aisatsu. (1280x720 & 720p.HDTVx264.AAC)
Team.Batista.4.Raden.Meikyu. (1280x720
)

Ashita Mama ga Inai (1280x720& 720p.HDTVx264.AAC)

To be correct, these dramas have not been put on the list of micehell, while for about \ (-o _ o-) I'm not loading the version 720p.HDTVx264.AAC.

Sorry again.
Last edited by Tony09 on Feb 4th, '14, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Jan 24th, '14, 00:38

Do we have an official uploaders list for the Winter 2014 series? I'd like to see if I can help out (if there is a need).

sourdoughgrapes

Post by sourdoughgrapes » Jan 24th, '14, 03:02

WOW where do I begin. First of all I used to upload here many many years ago(under different name), and unfortunately things haven't changed and I doubt they ever will. There will always be a small portion of people that will always say GIMME GIMME GIMME, I Want I Want I Want. And they do get under our skin....I upload on a different forum at the moment and I have a few Straight Up rules that I fit in the File description some people considered it rude at the beginning but it worked.

1 - Don't ask for FAVORS(smaller size, better quality, etc)
2 - No Wishlists( can you upload This/That,etc) ask Santa for it
3 - I HAVE A LIFE
4 - See ABOVE

It took me about 6-8months to "eliminate" the whining from regular users but you still get the odd user that doesn't read, those I simply ignore.

Many people don't realize it pay nothing, it takes time to Record, Edit/Encode, Upload.It Takes Time. A few long time members still rmbr 56k modems

Lately I have decided to upload complete series(or small batches of 10episodes) I realized it's less of a hassle. If you can't wait oh well.

Anyway my two cents

PS: Anyone knows which is most downloaded? 480/720/1080?

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jan 24th, '14, 03:27

semi-fly wrote:Do we have an official uploaders list for the Winter 2014 series? I'd like to see if I can help out (if there is a need).
This is as official as it comes, sadly. ;) But there's definitely shows that aren't being uploaded, so help would be welcome, I'm sure. If you give me a while (the 24th-ish ;) I can give you a list of what raws aren't being put up by anyone so you can see if there are any you'd like to do.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jan 24th, '14, 03:38

sourdoughgrapes wrote:Lately I have decided to upload complete series(or small batches of 10episodes) I realized it's less of a hassle. If you can't wait oh well.

Anyway my two cents

PS: Anyone knows which is most downloaded? 480/720/1080?
Yeah, we have another uploader who tends to like batches as well, for, I suspect, much the same reasons. ;)

As for what resolution is most popular, I and some others still favor 480p for the smaller file size (and I watch my shows on a computer, so I don't need the higher res anyway), but even with all the HD TVs around, I think 720p is probably still the most popular... big enough to upscale on your tv, but not so burdensome to your hard drive in size. But then that's just my two cents as well, so it's pretty much whatever your willing to encode/upload/whatever. ;)

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Jan 24th, '14, 07:20

semi-fly wrote:Do we have an official uploaders list for the Winter 2014 series? I'd like to see if I can help out (if there is a need).
Semi-fly, Please go for it.
micehell wrote:Yeah, we have another uploader who tends to like batches as well, for, I suspect, much the same reasons. ;)
Well I do like batches but not the same reasons. If I was irked by the incessant pestering, badgering and the whining (Sorry people) I would have stopped a long looong time a go. (It does get to me a bit, so to deal with it I treat them as small children throwing tantrums....even the 50-60 year olds) Yes, you need to have a LOT of patience with the small children.

No. My reasons are simple. I ran out of HDD space. To fix it, I have been watching and deleting the dramas. (So no more reseeds from me.) There's quite a bit of free space now. Well..... enough for YYeTs 720p's......

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Drazic » Jan 24th, '14, 09:28

micehell wrote: As for what resolution is most popular, I and some others still favor 480p for the smaller file size (and I watch my shows on a computer, )
Your computer's monitor is more than likely also at least around 720p. Since you probably sit closer to it it's weird to say 720p matters less when it should matter more than on a tv which you generally sit further away from.

micehell wrote: As for what resolution is most popular, I and some others still favor 480p for the smaller file size (and I watch my shows on a computer, so I don't need the higher res anyway), but even with all the HD TVs around, I think 720p is probably still the most popular... big enough to upscale on your tv, but not so burdensome to your hard drive in size. But then that's just my two cents as well, so it's pretty much whatever your willing to encode/upload/whatever. ;)
There's also the fact that 1080p for tv rips is only going to offer a very minimal difference in quality because of the fact that these shows aren't actually broadcasted in 1080p but 1080i. 1080p for tv drama doesn't make a lot of sense to do yet.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jan 24th, '14, 14:27

Drazic wrote:Your computer's monitor is more than likely also at least around 720p. Since you probably sit closer to it it's weird to say 720p matters less when it should matter more than on a tv which you generally sit further away from.
Drazic wrote:There's also the fact that 1080p for tv rips is only going to offer a very minimal difference in quality because of the fact that these shows aren't actually broadcasted in 1080p but 1080i. 1080p for tv drama doesn't make a lot of sense to do yet.
I'm not concerned with the resolution besides what looks clear when I'm watching it (or, iow, I don't care if I can see the actors' pores, I just want to be able to clearly see them without them being fuzzy), and I'm guessing I'm not too far off the norm with that. So, yeah, if I'm watching a video on my computer and the file res is 480p and I'm watching it in a 480-sized window from a few feet away, well, then the vid quality is still quite clear and the window size is large enough to see everything without a problem... why would I waste space on larger file sizes when the tradeoff for a 720p-sized window is minimal at that distance? ;) Now if I watch it on my TV, unless I'm doing something like Chromecast and just using the TV as a monitor, well then the video's going to be stretched to match the screen size. Even if the TV is relatively small, in the 20-something inch range (something that's getter rarer every day in the States at least, though I don't know about the rest of the world), that little 480p vid isn't going to look as clear stretched out to that degree.

Even with good upscaling and the tricks HDTVs use to keep the lower res sources from looking horrible, 720 or 1080 (saying it wasn't just a low res source encoded into a bigger window and regardless of whether it's 1080i or not) is going to look better when enlarged like that, which is one of the reasons why some people prefer them even with the much larger file size (I've actually had people comment on the 1080 files that it looks better on their TV, so that's not purely guessing on my part ;). From my experience on this forum, however (which by no means includes everyone here of course!), apparently the 1080 files tend to be too much of a hd drain for most people and so relatively few of them ask for it over the 720 (or maybe like you they don't see enough difference to justify it)... or at least relatively few of them ask me for it whatever their reasons. ;)

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Jan 25th, '14, 00:23

I'll try to keep posting: "Isharyou Bengoshi ~ Anata no Namida, Okane ni Kaemashou" if there is enough of an interest. If there are other shows do let me know as I'd rather not step on anyone's toes

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Feb 10th, '14, 19:58

Hello, I would really like to sub Ofukousan in english (currently working on ep.1), but I can't find raws anywhere. Would anyone be so kind to share a source where I could download it(and of course upload them shortly after for the community on d-addicts)? I can only find ep.1 and I would like to help uploading.
Thanks a lot, hope I've not bothered you and I've posted my request in the right place.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Feb 10th, '14, 22:03

Murai82 wrote:Hello, I would really like to sub Ofukousan in english (currently working on ep.1), but I can't find raws anywhere. Would anyone be so kind to share a source where I could download it(and of course upload them shortly after for the community on d-addicts)? I can only find ep.1 and I would like to help uploading.
Thanks a lot, hope I've not bothered you and I've posted my request in the right place.
You've not offended me, at least, but I don't see any other ep around save for the first one, at least not at any kind of decent quality. I did see some FC2 videos, but, really, FC2 rips, unless you have a premium account ( which I don't, for sure) are pretty crap... not to mention that ep 2 has already been reported, apparently, so you'd only get eps 3-5 now. ;) Now someone else might have a better source, so there's still hope, but nothing from my end.

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Feb 10th, '14, 22:34

micehell wrote:
You've not offended me, at least, but I don't see any other ep around save for the first one, at least not at any kind of decent quality. I did see some FC2 videos, but, really, FC2 rips, unless you have a premium account ( which I don't, for sure) are pretty crap... not to mention that ep 2 has already been reported, apparently, so you'd only get eps 3-5 now. ;) Now someone else might have a better source, so there's still hope, but nothing from my end.
Thanks a lot for your response, micehell. The lack of episodes around except ep.1 looked pretty strange to me, even on the usual korean sources and yyets, so I had a bad feeling.
Now i know i was right.
I've found those fc2 rips too. They're nowhere near the quality of a decent rip, though. I'll look into an fc2 premium account. And let's hope someone will chime in with other suggestions. For the time being, thanks a lot for your help.