ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 2nd, '14, 17:39

avieamber wrote:Also, the OST will be released on 11th June :cheers:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UZCL-2056
yatta!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 3rd, '14, 10:55

I love this show so much! I'm really curious about ep. 9 now, if anyone could translate the trailer, it would be great! I'm very curious what did Nishikado said and wonder if there may be a huge twist about him :unsure:

But I'm most curious about WHO sent Asumi the real medical record. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes!! :w00t:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '14, 01:30

xxpinkyzxx wrote:I love this show so much! I'm really curious about ep. 9 now, if anyone could translate the trailer, it would be great! I'm very curious what did Nishikado said and wonder if there may be a huge twist about him :unsure:

But I'm most curious about WHO sent Asumi the real medical record. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes!! :w00t:
I think in the trailer, Nishikado said sth like "I might have to betray you.." In the other trailer, he mentioned "Still, I don't think I can forgive that" maybe he found out the reason his younger sister died but don't take my word for it. I'm also curious who was it that sent the two copies of surgical record! I hope they don't just forget about it and let it pass without explaining in the last ep. I think I'll suffer withdrawal after this show ends :-(

Version 2 trailer is here

Alice ep9 is tonight!!!
:cheers:
Gonna stay up late again to watch it on dailymotion, someone always upped the medium quality about an hour after it showed.
15 years ago, Arima must have used another patient for his daughter. I think that patient might have been Nishikado's younger sister. Asumi's father found out and he was probably killed because of that. So I think Nishikado might do something on his own about Arima, who knows...

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 6th, '14, 06:51

avieamber wrote:[I think in the trailer, Nishikado said sth like "I might have to betray you.." In the other trailer, he mentioned "Still, I don't think I can forgive that" maybe he found out the reason his younger sister died but don't take my word for it...
lol, me as well do not trust the trailers... its suspense drama so maybe Nishikado just saying those to other (Arima perhaps) but the trailers made likely he saying those to Asumi
avieamber wrote:I'm also curious who was it that sent the two copies of surgical record! I hope they don't just forget about it and let it pass without explaining in the last ep. I think I'll suffer withdrawal after this show ends :-(
yea... and about her adopt father as well... its like they (the Alice drama team) going to describe more about him... so don't be surprise if he also knew what happened 15 years ago.(maybe he also sent those record as well?).

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '14, 11:10

Found an article, apparently there's this annual 'dorama award' thingy where 1000 women readers vote for their favorite actress. So for Spring 2014 drama, Ueno Juri ranked 1st! :cheers:

title of the article
“のだめ”のイメージ払拭!? 上野樹里が“好きな主演女優”1位に!
(Dispel the image of 'Nodame'? Ueno Juri got 1st as 'Favorite Actress"!

http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article? ... orista-ent

I'm happy women in Japan likes her current role, even if it's dark. Maybe because of the 'cool' image. I also hope she'll get 'Best Actress' award in the TV award this season. I think her biggest competition might be Anne (Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai) considering how that drama gets very consistent high rating (though I thought it was just mediocre at best). I'm not sure about other lead females in other dramas.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 6th, '14, 14:21

avieamber wrote:I'm happy women in Japan likes her current role, even if it's dark. Maybe because of the 'cool' image. I also hope she'll get 'Best Actress' award in the TV award this season. I think her biggest competition might be Anne (Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai) considering how that drama gets very consistent high rating (though I thought it was just mediocre at best). I'm not sure about other lead females in other dramas.
I wonder what happens with Nikkan sport award... hope she will getting proven she is the best this season :-) Actually I don't like Anne acting in Hanasaki (the drama watchable to watch)... I would prefer someone like younger version of Nanako Matsushima (is there anyone like that?) :mrgreen:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '14, 14:29

ailahai wrote:
avieamber wrote:I'm happy women in Japan likes her current role, even if it's dark. Maybe because of the 'cool' image. I also hope she'll get 'Best Actress' award in the TV award this season. I think her biggest competition might be Anne (Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai) considering how that drama gets very consistent high rating (though I thought it was just mediocre at best). I'm not sure about other lead females in other dramas.
I wonder what happens with Nikkan sport award... hope she will getting proven she is the best this season :-) Actually I don't like Anne acting in Hanasaki (the drama watchable to watch)... I would prefer someone like younger version of Nanako Matsushima (is there anyone like that?) :mrgreen:
I'm crossing fingers for her to snatch Best Actress and the drama to sweep some more awards like Best Soundtrack or Script etc...probably hoping too much :lol I don't know whether Nikkan Sports is still active.

BTW, Alice ep9 just finished showing in Japan 30 mins ago. I was following real time tweets and it wasn't good for my heart to be honest. Also, I saw a tweet saying Asumi got betrayed again :cry: I love twists and surprises but this is getting too much to handle. I just hope Nishikado doesn't betray her. Although the trailer for next week's Finale seems to want to make us feel so. I'm gonna just put my utmost trust on Nishikado because I still want Asumi-Nishikado pairing to happen :wub:

But who else would betray her? Miwa? Her step-dad? This drama is really unpredictable.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 7th, '14, 01:51

I just watched ep9 last night.
For once! Hoshino did the right thing! Also, Nishikado didn't betray Asumi as far as I'm concerned. At least, if my prediction is correct, the last scene when he was on the phone with Asumi when he said "yappari, I can't forgive him" meant that he couldn't let Arima go to the police just like that after what he did to his beloved sister. I can totally feel his anger, I mean, realizing that your little sister had a chance to live but die in the hands of an evil doctor who just wanted her organs for his daughter. That's :cussing:

So at the airport, I think he wanted to kill Arima or do something harmful to his family in a way though I thought it was quite funny that he used a paper knife.

Asumi's showdown with Arima was quite cool. And finally! It was Asumi's victory when she humiliated Arima in front of everybody in the hospital on the TV in real time. Just amazing. I also thought the scene when she merged the PCR results film against the light was cool. I love that maybe because I'm a researcher and I do PCR and deal with DNA most of the time :lol

But in the trailer, Nishikado mentioned there's another person behind this. I just love this show. The moment you think the big boss is out, they bring in another surprise element. I really couldn't think of anyone else at this point. The only other person is Asumi's step-dad though I don't think he had anything to do. I try not to guess because it seems my guess always ended up wrong anyways.
Final episode next week. Can't wait. They're still filming for the finale from last night's tweet. It was raining quite heavily in Tokyo but they're proceeding well.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 7th, '14, 13:49

Anyone know who's the female singer in one of the BGM track of the drama's original scores? It plays over and over in this drama. Her voice and way of singing reminds me so much of Sheena Ringo, so I'm really keen to know. I looked for the OST details, but found no details on the female singer.

Am I the only one who ships Asumi/Nishikado?
They remind me a bit of the Byakuyakou couple, Yukiho/Ryoji.
I immediately ship them the moment the sakura scene came on in Ep1 :wub:
And with all the deep connection between them. It's obvious that Asumi has been shutting herself down from the world for 15 years, she even doesn't open her heart to her foster father. But she let Nishikado in, and even put faith and trust in him. Also, from the flashbacks, I guess it's obvious that Asumi have feelings for Nishikado.

Twice I thought Nishikado should hug Asumi. At the end of Ep4 and Ep8 (after he stopped her committing suicide). But he didn't :cussing: Then, I give up the idea of a romantic moment between them, lol. Probably they'd just shake hands and say goodbye to each other at the end of the final episode.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 7th, '14, 14:19

yanie wrote:Anyone know who's the female singer in one of the BGM track of the drama's original scores? It plays over and over in this drama. Her voice and way of singing reminds me so much of Sheena Ringo, so I'm really keen to know. I looked for the OST details, but found no details on the female singer.

Am I the only one who ships Asumi/Nishikado?
They remind me a bit of the Byakuyakou couple, Yukiho/Ryoji.
I immediately ship them the moment the sakura scene came on in Ep1 :wub:
And with all the deep connection between them. It's obvious that Asumi has been shutting herself down from the world for 15 years, she even doesn't open her heart to her foster father. But she let Nishikado in, and even put faith and trust in him. Also, from the flashbacks, I guess it's obvious that Asumi have feelings for Nishikado.

Twice I thought Nishikado should hug Asumi. At the end of Ep4 and Ep8 (after he stopped her committing suicide). But he didn't :cussing: Then, I give up the idea of a romantic moment between them, lol. Probably they'd just shake hands and say goodbye to each other at the end of the final episode.
You're not the only one who ships them :D I think most of us here wish for some romance to bloom between the two ever since that sakura scene which was so sweet and romantic! :wub:

I've shipped them from that moment. The thing is, I think Japanese dramas always stay true and close to the theme/concept/genre that they barely touch on anything else. Like, this drama focused on suspense and revenge so perhaps they just won't give us what we want.
You're right about the hugs! That hand he put on her shoulder end of ep4, I was like "hug her now! damnit :lol Ughh...it's quite frustrating :glare:
I won't be surprised if all they did at the end was shake hands and a bye, so formal even all of what they'd been through. I hope Nishikado doesn't end up killing someone because that'd mean he'd go to jail and that's probably one of the worst endings ever to happen. It'd be nice if he accompanied Asumi to Oxford haha (if it's happy ending) :-)

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 8th, '14, 01:08

up until now, i guess (LOL even my guess always ended up wrong :lol ) the one who sent the records was Suzu... she likely knew about what her father had done. Maybe she met Nishikado deliberately, not by accident.

and the last villain maybe the one that have conversation over phone with Arima, who is he/she?...
will wait patiently just few days the OST will release

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 8th, '14, 02:47

ailahai wrote:
up until now, i guess (LOL even my guess always ended up wrong :lol ) the one who sent the records was Suzu... she likely knew about what her father had done. Maybe she met Nishikado deliberately, not by accident.

and the last villain maybe the one that have conversation over phone with Arima, who is he/she?...
will wait patiently just few days the OST will release

I just love this show for being so unpredictable!
Although it can be frustrating when you want to believe something/someone to be kind, like in the case of Arima, I was naive to think he was good and thought he might be a useful ally for Asumi, then they twisted it all around. But that's also exactly why I like this drama. You never know the truth until the very end.

I've seen some theories from others. I had a crazy theory about Nishikado IF they were going for him being murderer angle. Some others think that Asumi's step-dad might related somehow. He could be the one who sent her the surgical records. Flashing back, I thought it was kinda weird he never even once pry on Asumi or ask what she's doing, as if he knew something. OR that's only maybe he is really innocent and just wants to help Asumi out of his friendship with Osanai.

A reader suggested that in the trailer, when Nishikado was asked by Asumi whether he did kill someone or not...that might be after Arima was killed by the one who pulled the strings behind everything. So Nishikado becomes suspect.
Either way, I'll put my utmost trust on Nishikado because I wanna hold on to that hope for at least a good ending for both our leads. :D

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 9th, '14, 19:35

Just want to say, (after all its final this friday so maybe i wont get another chance to have discussion about the plot in this drama again) i think Chihara sensei maybe will appear again in last episode... because Humpty Dumpty nurse, Hyuga and Date sensei; they've already got their chances to appear after their falls.

My wild guess that he's the one who had conversation with Arima over phone, and was tasked by Arima to kill both Hyuga and prof Bandai.
did you already watch final trailer ver2 ? So trilling! The final, tanoshimi :-)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 11th, '14, 01:36

The OST is available at jmp3 if anyone's interested :-)

http://www.j-mp3.info/2014/06/yokoyama- ... drama.html

@yanie
I saw some tweeted that the vocalist is from this group.

Their website. Vocalist is Goami Luna.
http://www.ajysytz.eek.jp/about.html

^Yea, I watched the 2nd trailer. So curious who the last enemy is.
Is someone trying to kill her step-dad? Bit confused with that scene. There's also possibility Chihara might make a comeback, who knows. Another 2 more days till the finale :thumleft:
Just watched that TBS SP where they gathered all the spring drama casts to play games. A little trivia - they put out surveys before the show, apparently, during the first meeting for filming, only Kuriyama Chiaki was quick to become friends with her. Chiaki said they were able to chat about stuffs easily. Juri-chan continued saying because their age is close to each other.

I checked their age lol (Juri-chan just turned 28, Chiaki is 30 this year).
From what I can see during the show, they seem to be really close. Always chatting happily xD Well, that's not hard to imagine because besides both of them, the rest of the cast are male :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 12th, '14, 02:39

avieamber wrote:@yanie
I saw some tweeted that the vocalist is from this group.

Their website. Vocalist is Goami Luna.
http://www.ajysytz.eek.jp/about.html
Ooh, thanks a lot! I'll check her out.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '14, 11:47

So I saw on Twitter, Juri-chan will appear on TBS (channel 6) tomorrow from 5:30 ~ 8:00 (150mins) probably to promote Alice no Toge's finale?
That's morning right? O_O

Anyways, hope someone will record and share with us all ^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '14, 19:03

avieamber wrote:Anyways, hope someone will record and share with us all ^^
Probably someone at Baidu. :)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '14, 00:45

^ Yeah hopefully baidu will have it.

in the meantime, found some caps floating around Twitter, she appeared with 3 other cast members, would've wished either Kuriyama Chiaki or Odagiri Joe to appear but this is still good :D

I'm gonna try and find the show later.

Wow i seriously miss her smile!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '14, 16:16

the finale is SO GOOOOOOD!!!
They definitely saved the best for last. What a twist and such a sad one too

:cry: They finally made me cry :-(
Think we all kind of know who's the last one. Yup, the step-dad. Suzu is actually his daughter, I definitely did not that see that twist coming. Arima's real daughter died in a fire long ago and because oichan needed help with his daughter's sickness, he asked Arima's help who in turn, asked to have Suzu as their step-daughter. And I definitely did not know oichan was the anaesthetician in OSanai's operation, to think Osanai was his shinyuu (best buddy).

Oh man...the scene when Asumi found out at the merry-go-round, my heart just broke for her. The letter he wrote her afterwards was really sad too, but the church scene finally made me tear up. Now I understand why all the tweets I saw mentioned them all crying while watching this finale.

Nishikado was super kakkoi too here. But man, the exchange between Asumi and oichan was depressing. That hug she gave him, that was actually when I :cry:
Well at least it's a happy ending :cheers:
Too bad there won't be a season 2. Ahhh gonna miss this show so muchhh!

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 13th, '14, 20:28

avieamber wrote:the finale is SO GOOOOOOD!!!

Think we all kind of know who's the last one. Yup, the step-dad. Suzu is actually his daughter, I definitely did not that see that twist coming. Arima's real daughter died in a fire long ago and because oichan needed help with his daughter's sickness, he asked Arima's help who in turn, asked to have Suzu as their step-daughter. And I definitely did not know oichan was the anaesthetician in OSanai's operation, to think Osanai was his shinyuu (best buddy).

Oh man...the scene when Asumi found out at the merry-go-round, my heart just broke for her. The letter he wrote her afterwards was really sad too, but the church scene finally made me tear up. Now I understand why all the tweets I saw mentioned them all crying while watching this finale.

Nishikado was super kakkoi too here. But man, the exchange between Asumi and oichan was depressing. That hug she gave him, that was actually when I :cry:
the ending is such sad-bittersweet... really hope Juri chan going to take award for this as Best actress, with Kuriyama Chiaki and Arima as well (lol dunno his real name)... you guys did splendid job!!
but still i cannot really blame on her adopt father... he killed both prof Bandai and Arima (Hyuga wasn't mention, so maybe Hyuga got killed by Bandai) not because to cover what had happened... and also sent those records as well to her and Nishikado, I more recognize him as her ally, just she really cannot accept that. I'm also glad she going to be mobile doctor, as what Yuma has dreamed.

look likely there wont be 2nd season... and after awake, Date cannot do anything,, just spend her life in prison.

and the last conversation between Asumi and Nishikado (during DVD advertisement, i cannot hear it properly), I wonder what their talking about... something about bringing the present (omiyage)???from where, oxford?? so he wont joining her go to UK :mrgreen:
really have fun watching this and having discussion you all... thank you for delighted me this season :D

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Jun 14th, '14, 04:29

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 14th, '14, 06:40

Just wanna share this picture

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 7mi12 » Jun 14th, '14, 07:42

ailahai wrote:

the ending is such sad-bittersweet... really hope Juri chan going to take award for this as Best actress, with Kuriyama Chiaki and Arima as well (lol dunno his real name)... you guys did splendid job!!
but still i cannot really blame on her adopt father... he killed both prof Bandai and Arima (Hyuga wasn't mention, so maybe Hyuga got killed by Bandai) not because to cover what had happened... and also sent those records as well to her and Nishikado, I more recognize him as her ally, just she really cannot accept that. I'm also glad she going to be mobile doctor, as what Yuma has dreamed.

look likely there wont be 2nd season... and after awake, Date cannot do anything,, just spend her life in prison.

and the last conversation between Asumi and Nishikado (during DVD advertisement, i cannot hear it properly), I wonder what their talking about... something about bringing the present (omiyage)???from where, oxford?? so he wont joining her go to UK :mrgreen:
really have fun watching this and having discussion you all... thank you for delighted me this season :D
Read all the spoiler just make me really want to watch immediately.. Huhu.. unfortunately, I can open the link.. so I just wait on the torrent and sub at next Tuesday :-( :-(

But I think this drama deserve big applause, especially to the scriptwriter. They can make the simple plot-twist but good timing, with reveal the "secret" one by one. Nice! I give the best rating for this drama between all this season's watchable-drama (my version)

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 14th, '14, 07:52

7mi12 wrote:
ailahai wrote:

Read all the spoiler just make me really want to watch immediately.. Huhu.. unfortunately, I can open the link.. so I just wait on the torrent and sub at next Tuesday :-( :-(

But I think this drama deserve big applause, especially to the scriptwriter. They can make the simple plot-twist but good timing, with reveal the "secret" one by one. Nice! I give the best rating for this drama between all this season's watchable-drama (my version)

Another link where I got mine for those who wants to watch, without subs.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 14th, '14, 15:07

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jun 15th, '14, 23:34

Ep 10:
I was under the impression that Oi-chan's real daughter was the one who worked at his restaurant, oops :lol I think him being the final one became obvious when there was no one else to suspect (and I think the scriptwriters are too good to throw in some random new bad guy).

If I were Bandai, though, I would've been asking Oi-chan to do all kinds of stuff for me, like breaking into Asumi's apartment, spying on her, etc.

Kudos to the writers, I didn't expect the series to get as dark as it did, to kill off any good guys, or really have so many characters die. Most of all, kudos for them doing the usual forgiveness-over-revenge ending right - because usually I feel the forgiveness is undeserved and it ruins the whole series for me lol.

Hope Juri & Jo work together again~~

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 7mi12 » Jun 16th, '14, 01:14

avieamber wrote:
7mi12 wrote:
ailahai wrote:

Another link where I got mine for those who wants to watch, without subs.
Thank you! The truth I already get all the RAW (I used YYTeS version to watch) and sub yesterday, I can bear to watch immediately.

Final:
Thanks God they have happy ending~ I'm glad she finally forgave Oi-chan, because when I listen to the letter, I agree that Oi-chan actually not the evil mastermind. Arima did. But he was in the critical situation so he should obey Arima (I don't think he obeyed Bandai because he's didn't have any particular interest with him since his daughter were taken care with Arima's household). That's make clear why Oi-chan wasn't a good cook, indeed! Because actually he's not real chef, but an anasthesiologist! LOLWUT. But I'm impressed with him to go that far~

About Asumi and Nishikado, they both did a good job. Oi-chan's not wrong to make Nishikado as her partner! I forgot about the surgery's report sent to Nishikado too, and rewatch eps2 to make sure about that.. to compared with Oi-chan's explanation at letter.. Hahaha... (too neat? but for the season, I love this series so much so it's okay)

Well, I hope at the end when Nishikado said "Oxford is sucks" means "Don't go!" to Asumi :D :D But when I think about it again, it's impossible because he wasn't show kinda expression. Hahahaha. I'm glad they doing fine after all the matter.. remind that looks like Nishikado was Asumi's first love (I don't know about the first, but I guessed there's a bit crush between them at the past, when see Asumi smile as Nishikado said the food was delicious [when they ate together below cherry blossom at the past with Osanai Sensei] and when Yui-chan ask whether Asumi like her brother or not at that time] because normally as a girl, we wan't to be praised by whom we loved. Hahahaha)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 16th, '14, 07:45

hey9 wrote:Ep 10:
I was under the impression that Oi-chan's real daughter was the one who worked at his restaurant, oops :lol I think him being the final one became obvious when there was no one else to suspect (and I think the scriptwriters are too good to throw in some random new bad guy).

If I were Bandai, though, I would've been asking Oi-chan to do all kinds of stuff for me, like breaking into Asumi's apartment, spying on her, etc.

Kudos to the writers, I didn't expect the series to get as dark as it did, to kill off any good guys, or really have so many characters die. Most of all, kudos for them doing the usual forgiveness-over-revenge ending right - because usually I feel the forgiveness is undeserved and it ruins the whole series for me lol.

Hope Juri & Jo work together again~~
Yeah, I'm happy they went with the forgiveness ending. After all, killing Oi-chan or anyone at all, won't make things feel better and Nishikado was right when he said, revenge will only bring forth another revenge, it's like an endless vicious cycle so it's gotta end somewhere.
Compared to BORDER's ending... I really liked Alice's ending. It gives us hope. Afterall, 'Tomorow will be a better day".

similar to you, I'm not very good with undeserved forgiveness or cheesy morality type of ending, but I'm glad Alice's ending wasn't at all cheesy. It feels more real.
Last edited by avieamber on Jun 18th, '14, 06:03, edited 2 times in total.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jun 18th, '14, 05:43

avieamber wrote:
similar to you, I'm not very good with undeserved forgiveness or cheesy morality type of ending, but I'm glad Alice's ending wasn't at all cheesy. It feels more real.
Ah, I think you should hide your Border spoiler, some people might still be watching that (not me lol)

The more that I think about it, the better the ending seems. I would say upwards of 80% of jdrama endings leave me disappointed. It's even worse with dramas that have a continuous storyline like AnT. Even while enjoying this drama, I was totally expecting a mediocre ending.

Needless to say, I find the ratings for this show baffling. I honestly have zero insight into what Japanese people want to watch :lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 18th, '14, 06:06

hey9 wrote:
avieamber wrote:
Ah, I think you should hide your Border spoiler, some people might still be watching that (not me lol)

The more that I think about it, the better the ending seems. I would say upwards of 80% of jdrama endings leave me disappointed. It's even worse with dramas that have a continuous storyline like AnT. Even while enjoying this drama, I was totally expecting a mediocre ending.

Needless to say, I find the ratings for this show baffling. I honestly have zero insight into what Japanese people want to watch :lol

Edited my post on BORDER. The ratings for Alice is disappointing. The first 2 episodes' rating were fine but when it went downhill afterwards I was just like :glare: I mean, compared to dramas like Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai, that show is so overrated, it consistently gets 14-15% for every single ep, I dropped it after ep5 because I thought it was too predictable and though it had some comic moments, I still couldn't bring myself to finish another episode. I really do wonder too what the Japanese audience actually like nowadays.

Anyways, I stopped caring about ratings ever since ep7 or ep8 because obviously, ratings do not reflect the quality of this drama. This is easily the best of the lot this season aside from maybe Roosevelt Game.

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Jun 19th, '14, 14:17

The last EP got rating 12.0.
I feel relieved now lol.
Average is 11.11%
Even though, the rating is not high enough to make it as a masterpiece, Jurichan seems enjoy with this dorama so much and the drama is great!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 21st, '14, 03:10

If it's any consolation despite the underrated ratings...

The last scene actually brought in the highest rating at 15.1% :D

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 23rd, '14, 13:41

OMG the last episode made me cry so hard T.T

Can't believe it's over now, gonna miss this masterpiece! :-(

20th century boy

Post by 20th century boy » Jun 24th, '14, 05:02

Good drama but the end sucks big time...

I was like " ho, I hope it's not ***

damn, that's him!" :lol

doramaworld

Post by doramaworld » Aug 1st, '14, 12:11

My review of this drama:
http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2014/07 ... -2014.html

Please do take a look if you are interested. :D

doram

Post by doram » Aug 12th, '14, 07:58

This drama is highly recommended!!! It was amazing. Just finished watching it like 10 minutes ago lol. I wonder why the rating was so low? Well I consider it very low cause I think it deserves more!!! <3
The plot, the music, the actors, everything is just perfect. The plot twist made me like wtf?!absjasdjkdbnjewk but really it was great! Love this drama very much and would recommend it to everyone :wub: :wub: respect to those who brings this drama exist muahahaha oh and those subber :salut:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 12th, '14, 08:31

doram wrote:This drama is highly recommended!!! It was amazing. Just finished watching it like 10 minutes ago lol. I wonder why the rating was so low? Well I consider it very low cause I think it deserves more!!! <3
The plot, the music, the actors, everything is just perfect. The plot twist made me like wtf?!absjasdjkdbnjewk but really it was great! Love this drama very much and would recommend it to everyone :wub: :wub: respect to those who brings this drama exist muahahaha oh and those subber :salut:
You're not the only one who thinks this drama deserves much higher ratings. The twists were gripping, excellent acting and amazing soundtrack.. Definitely one of the best dramas so far in 2014. Glad you loved it.
Last edited by avieamber on Aug 12th, '14, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

doram

Post by doram » Aug 12th, '14, 10:05

But, one thing I don't quite understand is the scene in last episode when Date is shown regaining her consciousness, opening her eyes. And that's all. I was like, what was that for? :scratch: she didn't involved at all in the end so I thought that scene was unnecessary :unsure:

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Aug 29th, '14, 09:23

I'm not happy with the result...btw congratulation to Oguri Shun and Koizumi Kyoko

Television Drama Academy Award
http://aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/dram ... ards/6616/

Nikkan Sport Award
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... amagp.html

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 31st, '14, 14:27

^ I kinda expected that to happen. But we know who deserves it most anyway.