Need Jdrama plot info in Japanese language for mom.

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
chiuchimu

Need Jdrama plot info in Japanese language for mom.

Post by chiuchimu » Jun 30th, '14, 20:46

My mom is very old and the Japanese video store in town closed so I have been downloading her JTV and JDrama. I am currently translating the info on Wiki.d-addict from English to Japanese the best I can. It would be easier if I can get her on a site in Japanese that tells her what each new drama or TV show are about then i can search for the ones she wants to watch.

My own Japanese is very limited and I can't read kanji. My mom can read Japanese but no matter how many times we use googlies to search, she just doesn't understand whats going on so she can't help me find a site for her. I don't think i will ever be able to get her to surf the web on her own but i think she can learn to navigate within a single site once she gets used to it.

So please, can anyone suggest a site? onegaishimasu. :pray:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 1st, '14, 02:10

Just a suggestion, use DramaWiki to look up the Japanese title of a drama if you don't know it, and look it up Japanese Wikipedia

You can do the same with TV Drama Database which is in Japanese.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 1st, '14, 04:01

Adding up from Keiko1981 suggestions, in the WikiDrama, you could see the official site in external link section of each japanese drama.
Let's take an example, maybe you want to see the plot and brief description of Hanako to Anne dorama, and you go to wiki.d-addicts to find the plot => http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hanako_to_Anne, then you scroll down until you see "External Link" section and click on the "Official Site", it would open the information of Hanako to Anne in Japanese
This snapshot might be help (see the red circle) :lol

chiuchimu

Post by chiuchimu » Jul 1st, '14, 08:23

Keiko1981 wrote:Just a suggestion, use DramaWiki to look up the Japanese title of a drama if you don't know it, and look it up Japanese Wikipedia

You can do the same with TV Drama Database which is in Japanese.
TVdrama-db almost perfect. I could make a bookmark on her mediabox so she doesn't have to surf to get there. Only problem with site is it doesn't have synopsis of up coming drama or just playing drama - those get filled in later by kind folks. If only TVdrama had the links to the official page in a convenient way.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 10th, '14, 01:00

Hi! I'd like to add this website to the other responses. It lists the upcoming dramas, its synopsis, cast list and teasers as well. I hope this helps. :-)
http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/tv_show/cx/drama/2014summer/

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 25th, '14, 13:11

I was searching Google for something else and stumbled upon this.

http://doramahusen.com/