[Discussion] Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kitty10
Japan

[Discussion] Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu

Post by kitty10 » Oct 22nd, '14, 00:05

Synopsis from Dramawiki:
Aoishi Hanae is set to turn 30. She works for a general trading company and has never taken a day off or been late for work. She dresses pleasantly plain and has zero dating experience.

She attends a company party and drinks with part-time employee Tanokura Yuto. He is a handsome university student. Through the evening, Hanae becomes drunk and passes out. When she wakes up, Hanae finds Yuto sleeping next to her and he is naked. She becomes confused about what happened and takes the day off from work for the first time. To come out of her shell, Hanae decides to date Yuto who is 9 years younger than her.

At this time Asao Yu, the CEO of a food company located in the same building as her company, begins to have feelings for Hanae.

Official Website
www.ntv.co.jp/yasumimasu
NTV, Wednesdays 10pm

English subs by nikid and zweihander11 here

Cast:
Ayase Haruka as Aoishi Hanae
Fukushi Sota as Tanokura Yuto
Tamaki Hiroshi as Asao Yu
Naka Riisa as Okawa Hitomi
Taguchi Junnosuke as Ooshiro So
Chiba Yudai as Kagami Tatsuo
Fukikoshi Mitsuru as Tachibana Takaaki
Asano Kazuyuki as Aoishi Iwao
Takahata Atsuko as Aoishi Mitsuyo
Hiraiwa Kami as Sasano Ichika
Taguchi Hiromasa as Bushizawa Yoshihiro
Mikami Kensei
Watanabe Kunito
Nakatsugawa Tomohiro
Igawa Tetsuya (井川哲也)
Kamino Naotaka (神農直隆)
Kinbara Yasunari (金原泰成)

~

Is anyone watching this? I just finished the first episode and quite like it, mainly for the smouldering Tamaki Hiroshi, who looks really hot in this. Dang, serious second-lead syndrome here, and totally rooting for his Yu, so much manly sexy charisma. Ayase Haruka is pretty good so far as the inexperienced girl who's a bundle of nerves when it comes to romance. I am also liking Hanae's interactions with Yu, they have some subtle sexy tension going on...

Fukushi Sota is rather bland as Yuto, his expressions don't seem to change. Naka Riisa's Hitomi is a bit annoying, not every modern woman has to be man-hungry like she is. I do like Hanae's parents, they seem really nice.
Last edited by kitty10 on Oct 25th, '14, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Oct 22nd, '14, 16:48

Yes, I've watched the first episode two. Pretty light story... with some funny moments. Not sure where we are going with those strange 2 male roles. Let's see in future episodes...

Hopefully it will get translated too as I'm not sure I catched everything in the raw!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 22nd, '14, 17:03

Due to the lack of subtitles, I'm not watching it :(

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 22nd, '14, 17:37

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Due to the lack of subtitles, I'm not watching it :(
A couple of fansubbers are doing up English subs, so we'll just have to be patient :)

Edit: subs are here!

Meanwhile, you can check out episode 1's recap here: http://koalasplayground.com/2014/10/17/ ... e-1-recap/

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 23rd, '14, 23:07

I liked the first episode, it was quite decent. I'm looking forward to the story, though with romantic doramas I always fear that the story will get repetitive and the episodes become boring. But as a like the three main casts, I'm hoping for the best. It'S great to see Ayase Haruka again even though she looks like she lost weight... :/

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 24th, '14, 17:15

I just fastforwarded ("spoilered") me the second episodes, and I can tell one thing already: This will be one of those dramas, which I would watch in one sitting if I had all episodes already. I simply can't wait for the next one, because I want to know what is going to happen.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 25th, '14, 04:11

After watching ep 1 raw, I knew I had to get some serious Tamaki dosage because ep 1 tibits just weren't enough. So I went and re-watched Nodame Cantabile all over again. (My next stop would be deer man.) I'm watching this for my Hiroshi/Ayase ending. The boy just isn't hot enough so I don't care for him. If my OTP won't end up together, I will smash some potatoes.

In Nodame, I fell for Tamaki-chan for his scholar secshiness. In this drama, he makes me fall for him again with his mature business man secshiness. So charming. (I guess he has been traveling. He has this tan.)

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Oct 25th, '14, 04:58

Hideaki_Ito wrote:After watching ep 1 raw, I knew I had to get some serious Tamaki dosage...
Haha. Same here. I figured Jiken Kyuumei might do the trick.

I saw the first ep and will probably give the series a try since I haven't seen any dramas of this genre lately. Is this based on a manga? Because I'm deathly afraid that it could go the way of Last Cinderella.... and could sure use a heads up. Might be best to go into this without any expectations.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 25th, '14, 11:37

GaussAlgorithmus: I know, right? It's really enjoyable so far, which makes the wait painful. I'm watching Top Caster for now, to stave off the wait - and to see a different side of Tamaki, he's a total goofball in there.

Hideaki_Ito wrote:After watching ep 1 raw, I knew I had to get some serious Tamaki dosage because ep 1 tibits just weren't enough. So I went and re-watched Nodame Cantabile all over again. (My next stop would be deer man.) I'm watching this for my Hiroshi/Ayase ending. The boy just isn't hot enough so I don't care for him. If my OTP won't end up together, I will smash some potatoes.

In Nodame, I fell for Tamaki-chan for his scholar secshiness. In this drama, he makes me fall for him again with his mature business man secshiness. So charming. (I guess he has been traveling. He has this tan.)
Mmm Nodame Cantabile. What an awesome drama all round. Love Tamaki as Chiaki senpai, he is unrivalled! Chiaki was so sexy in all those white shirts, and here, Yu is just slaying it again in his business suits. Yum! :wub:

He and Ayase have an almost completely different vibe in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, but it's totally worth a watch too, so I hope you enjoy it! As for the tan, Tamaki has a travel programme currently airing in Japan that shows him visiting various cities and introducing their local culture and sights. It's on every Thursday night, so the lucky Japanese audience can watch him two days in a row!

zooey wrote:Haha. Same here. I figured Jiken Kyuumei might do the trick.

I saw the first ep and will probably give the series a try since I haven't seen any dramas of this genre lately. Is this based on a manga? Because I'm deathly afraid that it could go the way of Last Cinderella.... and could sure use a heads up. Might be best to go into this without any expectations.
I like Jiken Kyuumei, I think it's the first time Tamaki has portrayed a medical professional. I hope they do continue the series even though it's in tanpatsu format. There were things still left unresolved by the end of the second one.

Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu is based on a manga, which is not yet finished. As far as I know, the manga is more about the romance between Hanae and Yuto, but it seems the dorama has upped Yu's screentime, which is a good thing because I find Yuto pretty bland. So far it doesn't look like the horror that is Last Cinderella, Hanae is more likeable and not as disgusting as Sakura. I'm hoping for more fireworks between Hanae and Yu!

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 25th, '14, 11:57

I made a screencap compilation of some of Tamaki's scenes in episode 1. Gahhh, he's so hot! :wub:

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Oct 26th, '14, 07:47

kitty10 wrote:Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu is based on a manga, which is not yet finished. As far as I know, the manga is more about the romance between Hanae and Yuto, but it seems the dorama has upped Yu's screentime, which is a good thing because I find Yuto pretty bland. So far it doesn't look like the horror that is Last Cinderella, Hanae is more likeable and not as disgusting as Sakura. I'm hoping for more fireworks between Hanae and Yu!
I hope you're right about it not being the trainwreck that was Last Cinderella. Anyway, if all else fails, I'll just go rewatch "Love Shuffle" to supplement my Tamaki Hiroshi fix. It's quite hard to come by engaging romance dramas nowadays that will stand the test of time. They just don't make them like they used to (e.g. Love Generation, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko).

I used to like Hotaru when it came out but when I tried watching it a second time to prepare for its second season, it just got on my nerves. I guess there really are shows that appeal only to a specific generation and then you outgrow them. Will keep my fingers crossed that Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu will have something better to offer.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 26th, '14, 10:27

zooey wrote:I hope you're right about it not being the trainwreck that was Last Cinderella. Anyway, if all else fails, I'll just go rewatch "Love Shuffle" to supplement my Tamaki Hiroshi fix. It's quite hard to come by engaging romance dramas nowadays that will stand the test of time. They just don't make them like they used to (e.g. Love Generation, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko).

I used to like Hotaru when it came out but when I tried watching it a second time to prepare for its second season, it just got on my nerves. I guess there really are shows that appeal only to a specific generation and then you outgrow them. Will keep my fingers crossed that Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu will have something better to offer.
Totally agree that they don't make rom-coms like they used to. Stupid lip-presses that are so bland and boring, who the heck kisses like that? Ayase has unfortunately done those lip-presses with both Tamaki and Fujiki Naohito, which aggravates me to no end - c'mon, you're kissing two hot guys and you just stand there stiff as a board? Mehhhh.

I usually go to Nodame Cantabile for my Tamaki fix, although Love Shuffle is awesome as well - I love that pool scene in ep 2 where Kei kicks everyone else's asses :D I adore Kei and Ai-ai, and love the quartet's camaraderie. All the panda jokes! The pyjama parties!

As for Hotaru... I'm glad they ended the franchise because the funnies were getting thin. I enjoyed the first season mainly because of Fujiki, and the young suitor bits were so boring. I did like season 2, but again I felt Mukai Osamu wasn't a strong enough rival even though I did like him. And Hotaru is not something I can rewatch without skipping parts - that'd be Nodame and Love Revolution.

As for Kaisha, if they keep upping Tamaki's screentime, I'm good. Otherwise I might toss someone across the room a la Chiaki.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 26th, '14, 12:03

kitty10 wrote:Totally agree that they don't make rom-coms like they used to. Stupid lip-presses that are so bland and boring, who the heck kisses like that? Ayase has unfortunately done those lip-presses with both Tamaki and Fujiki Naohito, which aggravates me to no end - c'mon, you're kissing two hot guys and you just stand there stiff as a board? Mehhhh.
I think, there is a reason for this: Export. K-dramas are extremely popular outside of Korea, especially in muslim countries, simply because they are "virtous"...I don't really know how to call it. But let me rephrase it: If you have nudity, pre marriage sex or "hot" kissing scenes that are more then just "lip pressing", I guess the chances that your TV show will be bought and shown in a muslim country will sharply decline.
Before the rise of K-dramas, Japanese producers couldn't care less about this, because they sold their dramas like hotcakes to other asian countries. There was hardly any competition. But with the popularity of Kdramas, that has changed.

This is the only explanaition I have, why Japanese dramas went back from real looking kisses to stiff lip pressing.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 27th, '14, 00:52

zooey wrote: Haha. Same here. I figured Jiken Kyuumei might do the trick.

I'm kinda in denial of the Last Cinderella possibility because it makes me angry. My only hope is that if Tamaki doesn't get the girl in the drama, at least he gets the girl in real life. This is the 3rd collab I saw between Tamaki and Ayase. I like them as a couple.
kitty10 wrote: Mmm Nodame Cantabile. What an awesome drama all round. Love Tamaki as Chiaki senpai, he is unrivalled! Chiaki was so sexy in all those white shirts, and here, Yu is just slaying it again in his business suits. Yum! :wub:

He and Ayase have an almost completely different vibe in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, but it's totally worth a watch too, so I hope you enjoy it! As for the tan, Tamaki has a travel programme currently airing in Japan that shows him visiting various cities and introducing their local culture and sights. It's on every Thursday night, so the lucky Japanese audience can watch him two days in a row!
I already saw deer man a while back (during my Tamaki craze right after Nodame Cantabile. I even bought a few versions of his "Waterboys." I also like Top Caster.) The story was kind of weird with deer man but I liked the fact that Tamaki got the girl. :lol

Heck, it'll be hard to dig up that traveling program.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 27th, '14, 01:51

GaussAlgorithmus: If that's true, that's damn sad (actually I have more words for this, but they are not suitable for posting online).

Hideaki_Ito wrote:I'm kinda in denial of the Last Cinderella possibility because it makes me angry. My only hope is that if Tamaki doesn't get the girl in the drama, at least he gets the girl in real life. This is the 3rd collab I saw between Tamaki and Ayase. I like them as a couple.
Ayase is rumoured to be dating Osawa Takao, her co-star in JIN, while Tamaki reportedly has a non-celebrity girlfriend. Also, I'm not sure about a third collaboration... did you mean Princess Toyotomi?

I just don't want Yu anywhere near Hitomi, she annoys me.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 27th, '14, 04:09

kitty10 wrote:
Ayase is rumoured to be dating Osawa Takao, her co-star in JIN, while Tamaki reportedly has a non-celebrity girlfriend. Also, I'm not sure about a third collaboration... did you mean Princess Toyotomi?

I just don't want Yu anywhere near Hitomi, she annoys me.
Tamaki wasn't in Toyotomi if I remember correctly. I was talking about "River of first love." The thing is I don't remember what the ending was. :unsure:

I heard Ayase broke up with Osawa Takao or something. And Tamaki broke up so many times with his gf (celeb or non-celeb) that I lost count. I'm not following his dating status so I'm not sure but I hope he's not taken yet. :mrgreen: I do ship Tamaki/Ayase. It's just another of my wishful thinking.

The more I think about it the more I feel I know where this is going. Yu should have taken the leap of faith and asked Hanae out before college boy made his move. However, Hanae lacks confidence in front of smexy Yu so she would probably reject him out of fear. As for college boy, she feels more confident or in a way superior toward him because she has the upper hand, older and supposedly wiser. I can't see how they would want Hanae to end up with Yu because it's against the rule in drama that smexy and successful man like Yu gets the girl. The girl usually choose the other guy who is the opposite of what the smexy and successful man like Yu stands for. I wouldn't mind that so much if Yu isn't Tamaki and that the other guy is actually hot. It's against my principal to root for such an ending.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 27th, '14, 04:40

kitty10 wrote:GaussAlgorithmus: If that's true, that's damn sad (actually I have more words for this, but they are not suitable for posting online).
I'm not saying that it's true, it's only speculation. But I have no idea, why Japanese doramas changed the way they did beside this theory.

emveea

Post by emveea » Oct 27th, '14, 05:07

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
kitty10 wrote:Totally agree that they don't make rom-coms like they used to. Stupid lip-presses that are so bland and boring, who the heck kisses like that? Ayase has unfortunately done those lip-presses with both Tamaki and Fujiki Naohito, which aggravates me to no end - c'mon, you're kissing two hot guys and you just stand there stiff as a board? Mehhhh.
I think, there is a reason for this: Export. K-dramas are extremely popular outside of Korea, especially in muslim countries, simply because they are "virtous"...I don't really know how to call it. But let me rephrase it: If you have nudity, pre marriage sex or "hot" kissing scenes that are more then just "lip pressing", I guess the chances that your TV show will be bought and shown in a muslim country will sharply decline.
Before the rise of K-dramas, Japanese producers couldn't care less about this, because they sold their dramas like hotcakes to other asian countries. There was hardly any competition. But with the popularity of Kdramas, that has changed.

This is the only explanaition I have, why Japanese dramas went back from real looking kisses to stiff lip pressing.
I have to disagree. I myself come from Islamic Country. If there is demand, TV stations will get the series - any excessive hot kissing scenes will just be cut should it is perceived as "too much".

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 27th, '14, 11:37

emveea wrote:I have to disagree. I myself come from Islamic Country. If there is demand, TV stations will get the series - any excessive hot kissing scenes will just be cut should it is perceived as "too much".
Interesting. :) But maybe Malaysia is different from the countries in the middle east? I know from a friend (and have read it several times) that you find a lot of Kdrams on TV, even in Iran. But J-dramas? Nope. I wish I still had the link for the article, that based the popularity on the fact, that K-dramas are cheaper and are "ok" for countries like Iran even without having to cut scenes.

Whatever the truth may be, it's stilll super funny in my eyes, that people take offense in a kissing scene. I mean, it's just kissing...

A small Edit:
Another reason, that gave me the idea to the theory is, that many dramas with extremely bad kissing look and feel like Kdramas, even when beeing Jdramas. "Last Cinderella" maybe the best example. The kissing, the story, the music, the camera angles, the pacing...sooooo Kdramaesque.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 27th, '14, 11:56

Hideaki_Ito wrote:Tamaki wasn't in Toyotomi if I remember correctly. I was talking about "River of first love." The thing is I don't remember what the ending was. :unsure:

I heard Ayase broke up with Osawa Takao or something. And Tamaki broke up so many times with his gf (celeb or non-celeb) that I lost count. I'm not following his dating status so I'm not sure but I hope he's not taken yet. :mrgreen: I do ship Tamaki/Ayase. It's just another of my wishful thinking.
River of First Love? Gah, now I have to check that out. Oh, Tamaki was in Toyotomi, but in a very small role - man of takoyaki shop :mrgreen:

I didn't know Ayase and Osawa broke up (if they did)... well, they're too low-key and I haven't been following. Not sure about Tamaki either, admittely that girlfriend thing I heard was back in 2012. I quite like the Tamaki-Ayase combo, but I'm more partial towards Tamaki-Ueno Juri. I adore them in Nodame Cantabile.

Hideaki_Ito wrote:The more I think about it the more I feel I know where this is going. Yu should have taken the leap of faith and asked Hanae out before college boy made his move. However, Hanae lacks confidence in front of smexy Yu so she would probably reject him out of fear. As for college boy, she feels more confident or in a way superior toward him because she has the upper hand, older and supposedly wiser. I can't see how they would want Hanae to end up with Yu because it's against the rule in drama that smexy and successful man like Yu gets the girl. The girl usually choose the other guy who is the opposite of what the smexy and successful man like Yu stands for. I wouldn't mind that so much if Yu isn't Tamaki and that the other guy is actually hot. It's against my principal to root for such an ending.
Well, Last Cinderella went against that "smexy guy gets the girl" rule - I found Miura Haruma so dull to watch, not to mention he was so pale and sickly, it felt like he'd been starving himself for three months. Then again, I was glad his character ended up with disgusting Sakura, they deserve each other.

Yu is interested, but I think he probably wants to suss her out more before he makes his move (if any). It'd suck if she turned out to be another Hitomi beneath her meek exterior. And yes, Hanae would outright reject Yu given how she's behaved towards him so far - she can't even take a bit of teasing. Even if Yu doesn't end up with Hanae, I just hope they do his character justice - please don't make him into some jealous, backstabbing second lead or make him end up with mehhh people like Hitomi.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 27th, '14, 13:55

I just watched the second episode, and Jesus Christ, Hanae is so cute!

The good:
- Story progession seems surprisingly fast. She already said "yes" to him, without dragging this state of not knowing unrealisticly for like 6 episodes
- When she stalked the other couple and noticed, she was wrong about who they are and just gave away a surprised "dare?". lol.
- Hanae becomming a temp worker for the catering. Unrealistic? Yes. Funny and dorky? YES!
The bad:
- Story progession seems surprisingly fast. I fear, that we will see a neverending "forth and back" between the two male leads.
The cute:
- I just love the scene, when Hanae sent her mail, jumped on her bed, crouched down and did this whimpering like noise. So cute! Argh!
Overall I liked the second episode and want more, more, more. Also, I somehow have totally forgotten how pretty Ayase Haruka is. Damn you, Taiga drama, for taking away Ayase Haruka!

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 27th, '14, 22:34

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I just watched the second episode, and Jesus Christ, Hanae is so cute!

The good:
- Story progession seems surprisingly fast. She already said "yes" to him, without dragging this state of not knowing unrealisticly for like 6 episodes
- When she stalked the other couple and noticed, she was wrong about who they are and just gave away a surprised "dare?". lol.
- Hanae becomming a temp worker for the catering. Unrealistic? Yes. Funny and dorky? YES!
I think she would have dragged her feet longer if Yu hadn't pointed it out to her, so she really has Yu to thank. I hope she starts warming up to Yu after this, because he really doesn't deserve her continually brushing him off. And I am really liking how Yu is getting her to face her fears. Not to mention, Tamaki Hiroshi is really sexy with all those knowing smiles.
Finished ep 2 and still liking it, Ayase Haruka is killing it as Hanae, she's making the character really likeable and relatable. Love her scenes with Mamoru, they're so cute.

Hitomi, on the other hand, continues to annoy me big time. I am very glad
Yu told her flat out he isn't interested in her. I hope he continues to just ignore her interest.
Yuto... ehh. Marginally improved, Still don't see his appeal, but he's less annoying than Hitomi.

The preview of ep 3 with Tamaki in a white shirt and bowling :wub: :wub: :wub:
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Oct 28th, '14, 02:05

kitty10 wrote: Yuto... ehh. Marginally improved, Still don't see his appeal, but he's less annoying than Hitomi.
I do hope we learn more about Yuto otherwise it won't be much of a competition with people favoring Yu---dare I say because he's played by Tamaki? Tamaki Hiroshi sure knows how to make use of his limited screen time. :lol

Plus, I'm looking forward to how the relationship will develop between Hanae and Yuto considering it's a secret for now. I wonder how it'll be received by the people around them, if and when it gets out.

Right now Hanae reminds me more of a reserved, toned down and school marmy version of Hotaru in terms of her inexperience and hesitance to get into a relationship (sorry for the needless comparison). It's still an enjoyable watch, though I have no freakin idea where it's going.
Last edited by zooey on Oct 28th, '14, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 28th, '14, 10:54

zooey wrote:I do hope we learn more about Yuto otherwise it won't be much of a competition with people favoring Yu---dare I say because he's played by Tamaki? Tamaki Hiroshi sure knows how to make use of his limited screen time. :lol
It is precisely so :lol I mean, man vs boy? No contest, the man wins. Especially since he's played by Tamaki Hiroshi, who's so sexy in this.

My problem with Yuto now is that I don't know why he's interested in Hanae, and why he'd take her to a hotel if he even sensed that she's inexperienced. Also, Fukushi Sota has just two expressions - bland and bug-eyed.

I understand the comparisons with Hotaru, since it's Ayase in both roles, which are somewhat similar. I just hope Hanae becomes less school-marmish and more relaxed as the drama goes on, otherwise it might get boring.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Oct 28th, '14, 11:23

kitty10 wrote:My problem with Yuto now is that I don't know why he's interested in Hanae, and why he'd take her to a hotel if he even sensed that she's inexperienced. Also, Fukushi Sota has just two expressions - bland and bug-eyed.
Exactly. As of now, we have no idea what made him stay with her, much less take her to a hotel. And we're supposed to just accept that he's serious about her? Well, I'm sure there's a back story to it. We'll just have to wait and see. At least with Yu, we're quite sure that he's fairly amused with Hanae since she's so different from the girls that he usually interacts with.

Have to agree that Fukushi Sota (aside from his height) isn't particularly striking. Saw him in Yowakutemo Katemasu and he pretty much has the same limited set of expressions. To be fair, it's just episode 2, he might still grow into his role.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 28th, '14, 16:00

kitty10 wrote: River of First Love? Gah, now I have to check that out. Oh, Tamaki was in Toyotomi, but in a very small role - man of takoyaki shop :mrgreen:
Uso! Tamaki had a small role in Toyotomi? You sure have sharp eyes. I don't recall seeing him. Did he interact with Ayase? I recall the 3 main leads went to Osaka and to a few eateries. Heck, it was a super boring and forgettable movie.

I re-watched River of first love and Shikaotoko. I enjoyed them both the 2nd time around. Tamaki had such wild hair in River of first love (2004). They were so cute then. As for Shikaotoko, I really like the screen time between Tamaki and Ayase. I thought it was weird the first time but now I enjoy it.
I didn't know Ayase and Osawa broke up (if they did)... well, they're too low-key and I haven't been following. Not sure about Tamaki either, admittely that girlfriend thing I heard was back in 2012. I quite like the Tamaki-Ayase combo, but I'm more partial towards Tamaki-Ueno Juri. I adore them in Nodame Cantabile.
Haha, who wouldn't fall in love with Tamaki/Ueno combo after watching Nodame Cantabile. I loved them too but that didn't happen. I recall at both times they appeared on Smap Bistro, Nakai kept asking Juri to consider going out with Tamaki. :lol
Well, Last Cinderella went against that "smexy guy gets the girl" rule - I found Miura Haruma so dull to watch, not to mention he was so pale and sickly, it felt like he'd been starving himself for three months. Then again, I was glad his character ended up with disgusting Sakura, they deserve each other.

Yu is interested, but I think he probably wants to suss her out more before he makes his move (if any). It'd suck if she turned out to be another Hitomi beneath her meek exterior. And yes, Hanae would outright reject Yu given how she's behaved towards him so far - she can't even take a bit of teasing. Even if Yu doesn't end up with Hanae, I just hope they do his character justice - please don't make him into some jealous, backstabbing second lead or make him end up with mehhh people like Hitomi.

You know I've only watched ep 2 raw so far and I don't feel like watching it again with the subs. It's becoming more like a combo of Hotaru and Last Cinderella. So now Hanae is falling for college boy and feels somewhat comfortable enough to bicker with secshy CEO Yu who takes interest in her but still gives her love advice. At this rate, I fear that Yu's role will be like buchou in Hotaru but the ending will be Last Cinderella reborn. Oh goodie....

The one thing this drama successfully has done for me is making me re-watch Tamaki dramas (like Nodame Cantabile) and Tamaki/Ayase dramas like Shikaotoko. As far as I'm concern, you don't go casting Ayase and Tamaki in the same drama and throw a mediocre looking boy in there hogging up any screen time between them. It makes me angry.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 28th, '14, 21:55

zooey: To be honest, I'm also kinda scratching my head wondering what Hanae saw in Yuto as well. I mean, just because he's pretty much the first one in the last 10 years to explicitly show any sort of interest in her? And of course, doing the nice stuff for her birthday and whatnot... but that doesn't warrant her going to a hotel with him or something... :scratch:

Hideaki_Ito wrote: Uso! Tamaki had a small role in Toyotomi? You sure have sharp eyes. I don't recall seeing him. Did he interact with Ayase? I recall the 3 main leads went to Osaka and to a few eateries. Heck, it was a super boring and forgettable movie.
I skipped to the Tamaki parts in Toyotomi, and got a good giggle every time he appeared. He was really the takoyaki shop guy, haha, with a towel wrapped around his head and totally looked the part of a summer beach guy. He appeared about four brief times, twice with Ayase - once, when he gave her the takoyaki she ordered and warned her not to drop it (she did), and towards the end when she went to buy takoyaki from him and they chatted while waiting for the takoyaki to be cooked.

This last bit from Toyotomi made me giggle:
Sorry, it's so LQ, I streamed the movie online.

I remember the SMAP Bistros with Juri and Hiroshi! They were hilarious, especially how those two ate and the teasing. Ahhh, the good times.

I think it will probably be an open ending because the Kaisha manga is not finished and I don't think the drama will go so far as to decide on the mangaka's behalf who Hanae should end up with. Fukushi Sota is bland, but unfortunately the manga is really more about the romance between Hanae and Yuto...

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 28th, '14, 22:53

kitty10 wrote: I skipped to the Tamaki parts in Toyotomi, and got a good giggle every time he appeared. He was really the takoyaki shop guy, haha, with a towel wrapped around his head and totally looked the part of a summer beach guy. He appeared about four brief times, twice with Ayase - once, when he gave her the takoyaki she ordered and warned her not to drop it (she did), and towards the end when she went to buy takoyaki from him and they chatted while waiting for the takoyaki to be cooked.

This last bit from Toyotomi made me giggle:
Sorry, it's so LQ, I streamed the movie online.
Thanks for the caps mate. I really was sleeping while watching it. I have no recollection of him looking like this. :lol But anyways, after digging a bit, I found out Ayase and Hiroshi seemed to know each other since teen age years or something and she gave him the nick "otama-chin". She called him "otama-chin" or "tama-chin" or "tama-chan." So I guess River of first love (10 years ago) wasn't their first meet. There's another drama they starred as lovers. It's "Akai Unmei." So now there are 4 dramas they play lovers that I know of. River of first love-2004 (where they ended up eloping.) Akai Unmei-2005 (where Hiroshi's char confessed first. Don't know the ending 'cause I didn't watch.) Shikaotoko-2008 (where Ayase's char pursued and confessed. Hiroshi's char was going to propose.) And now Kaisha-2014 (where Tamaki's char will be torch carrying the whole way without getting the girl. My heart bleeds.)
I saw this weird rumor on youtube. Something about Ayase exposed pantsu in front of Tamaki??? But don't take my words for it. Translate google has its weird ways.
I think it will probably be an open ending because the Kaisha manga is not finished and I don't think the drama will go so far as to decide on the mangaka's behalf who Hanae should end up with. Fukushi Sota is bland, but unfortunately the manga is really more about the romance between Hanae and Yuto...

Since the story is about Hanae and Yuto so naturally Hanae would end up with Yuto. That's why my heart bleeds. My feelings are completely in contradiction. On one hand, I'm so happy to see Tamaki and Ayase together in a drama for a long time. On the other hand, the drama flaunts them in front of my face but they don't play lovers. That's wrong. Now I wish they come out with a different Tamaki/Ayase drama instead and have some random two playing Hanae or Yu. But oh well, I will have to deal with my broken hearto.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Oct 28th, '14, 22:55

kitty10 wrote:zooey: To be honest, I'm also kinda scratching my head wondering what Hanae saw in Yuto as well. I mean, just because he's pretty much the first one in the last 10 years to explicitly show any sort of interest in her? And of course, doing the nice stuff for her birthday and whatnot... but that doesn't warrant her going to a hotel with him or something... :scratch:
I think it was a number of factors. For one, she just turned 30 and birthdays do have that weird power to make people either reflect on life and/or impulsively do stuff. She was no doubt touched by his kind gesture and when he asked if he could spend the night with her, she was probably hit by a strong sense of déjà vu and thought about lost opportunities and figured, "heck, why not? carpe diem". I think she was ready to let it go as a one nightstand---which is why she was so embarrassed, thinking that it was reckless of her to have done it with a co-worker---but when Yuto said that he was serious about her, that changed everything.

And yes, I think Hanae's interested in Yuto because he's pretty much the only person who's paid attention to her in a super long time. Older women tend to think that they only have a limited number of choices so when something or someone comes along, they often think, "this is it".
kitty10 wrote:I think it will probably be an open ending because the Kaisha manga is not finished and I don't think the drama will go so far as to decide on the mangaka's behalf who Hanae should end up with. Fukushi Sota is bland, but unfortunately the manga is really more about the romance between Hanae and Yuto...
There should be a law against doing adaptations of manga that are yet to be finished. It just throws viewers for a loop. But you know, maybe the screenwriters won't follow the manga to a tee and come up with its own ending. It's not unheard of, depends on what rights were secured in making the series. Here's to wishful thinking :lol

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 28th, '14, 23:51

Hideaki_Ito: Wow, you're a diehard Tamaki-Ayase fan! :salut: I didn't know their friendship goes way back, but that'd explain why Tamaki and Ayase keep getting projects together. Now I really need to hunt down River of First Love and Akai Unmei!

Well, don't feel sad yet. The manga is not finished, so it may be that Hanae won't end up with Yuto (not that it means she'll end up with Yu). The dorama seems to be deviating a fair bit from the manga, so maybe it will surprise us, in a good way hopefully, concerning this love triangle. I do hope whatever it is, Yu remains awesome all the way till the end, Tamaki deserves at least that for being so sexy in this!

zooey wrote:I think it was a number of factors. For one, she just turned 30 and birthdays do have that weird power to make people either reflect on life and/or impulsively do stuff. She was no doubt touched by his kind gesture and when he asked if he could spend the night with her, she was probably hit by a strong sense of déjà vu and thought about lost opportunities and figured, "heck, why not? carpe diem". I think she was ready to let it go as a one nightstand---which is why she was so embarrassed, thinking that it was reckless of her to have done it with a co-worker---but when Yuto said that he was serious about her, that changed everything.

And yes, I think Hanae's interested in Yuto because he's pretty much the only person who's paid attention to her in a super long time. Older women tend to think that they only have a limited number of choices so when something or someone comes along, they often think, "this is it".
Yes, you're right, I'd forgotten Hanae's regret over that incident with her senpai - but eh, it was good she didn't get to do it with him since he was clearly just out for sex. I just don't buy Yuto being serious about her after barely interacting with her in the office. I blame it entirely on Fukushi's one-note face!

Ehhh, but Yu also paid attention to Hanae. Why didn't she respond to him instead of giving him the brush-off? :( I get that she doesn't know how to deal with good-looking men like Yu, but c'mon, he was just trying to make conversation with her. I think she's really overreacting towards him, when all he's done is really to help her. It gets a bit annoying, to be honest (yes, I'm totally letting my bias for Tamaki Hiroshi show :whistling: )

zooey wrote:There should be a law against doing adaptations of manga that are yet to be finished. It just throws viewers for a loop. But you know, maybe the screenwriters won't follow the manga to a tee and come up with its own ending. It's not unheard of, depends on what rights were secured in making the series. Here's to wishful thinking :lol
:D Yes, here's to hoping *crosses fingers* At the very least, I would like Hanae to be open to a relationship with Yu and to see just how awesome he is. Date him and kiss him! Surely Yu is a better kisser than that boy... I just can't believe Hanae can look at Yu without thinking she'd like to sleep with him at least once. That'd just be defying the laws of logic and common sense.

And well, if there were such a law (against adaptations before manga is finished), Nodame Cantabile and Liar Game wouldn't have been filmed at the time they did, heh. I can't believe the Liar Game manga still isn't finished!

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 29th, '14, 00:09

zooey wrote: I think it was a number of factors. For one, she just turned 30 and birthdays do have that weird power to make people either reflect on life and/or impulsively do stuff. She was no doubt touched by his kind gesture and when he asked if he could spend the night with her, she was probably hit by a strong sense of déjà vu and thought about lost opportunities and figured, "heck, why not? carpe diem". I think she was ready to let it go as a one nightstand---which is why she was so embarrassed, thinking that it was reckless of her to have done it with a co-worker---but when Yuto said that he was serious about her, that changed everything.
The two factors presented that I saw were: 1. Friend texted and asked if she was still a virgin in which she responded yes. Friend then said she didn't have many 20s left or something. 2. Past rejection of one night stand lead to no relationship. However, Hanae seemed so reserved, it's hard for me to think those two factors would easily make her take the leap of faith. I think what may make the impulse more convincing would be her physical attraction to him, the urge to jump him that was sleeping dormant in her inner consciousness or something. :lol I did not get the impression she was feeling that way about him.
And yes, I think Hanae's interested in Yuto because he's pretty much the only person who's paid attention to her in a super long time. Older women tend to think that they only have a limited number of choices so when something or someone comes along, they often think, "this is it"
Indeed. She's inexperience with relationships so she's easily taken by the sign of interest by any party. A lot of it comes from the logic of "beggars can't be choosers." Then there's the natural reaction from being courted the first time, feeling wanted for the first time.
There should be a law against doing adaptations of manga that are yet to be finished. It just throws viewers for a loop. But you know, maybe the screenwriters won't follow the manga to a tee and come up with its own ending. It's not unheard of, depends on what rights were secured in making the series. Here's to wishful thinking :lol
Well, so far there are only two adaptation that I like, Hotaru and NC. Jin, I hate how they changed the story. But anyways, I don't find this story all that interesting since it has been done a gazillion times before. If not for Ayase or Tamaki, I would have just dropped it and moved on. I felt like they chose to adapt it because Ayase would be right to play Hanae therefore it's the perfect drama for her return. I mean, what's so special about this story?

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 29th, '14, 00:37

kitty10 wrote:Hideaki_Ito: Wow, you're a diehard Tamaki-Ayase fan! :salut: I didn't know their friendship goes way back, but that'd explain why Tamaki and Ayase keep getting projects together. Now I really need to hunt down River of First Love and Akai Unmei!
Actually I was never a die hard Tamaki/Ayase fan until this drama came along. I watched their dramas before but I wasn't in love with them until I came back to re-watch them after Kaisha. You know I've forgotten about Tamaki after a while but this re-kindled my love for him and my love for Tamaki/Ayase pair. And it all happened after ep 1. How strange was that.
Well, don't feel sad yet. The manga is not finished, so it may be that Hanae won't end up with Yuto (not that it means she'll end up with Yu). The dorama seems to be deviating a fair bit from the manga, so maybe it will surprise us, in a good way hopefully, concerning this love triangle. I do hope whatever it is, Yu remains awesome all the way till the end, Tamaki deserves at least that for being so sexy in this!
I prefer him being dorky and get full screen time than being sexy and having a few minutes of screen time. Whatever the case may be, a couple minutes of Yu or Yu/Hanae is killing me inside. This is cruel.
Ehhh, but Yu also paid attention to Hanae. Why didn't she respond to him instead of giving him the brush-off? :( I get that she doesn't know how to deal with good-looking men like Yu, but c'mon, he was just trying to make conversation with her. I think she's really overreacting towards him, when all he's done is really to help her. It gets a bit annoying, to be honest (yes, I'm totally letting my bias for Tamaki Hiroshi show :whistling: )
She's playing hard to get. Maybe that's why he's interested in her. No woman has ever brushed him off I imagine. :wink:

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 29th, '14, 10:57

Hideaki_Ito wrote:Actually I was never a die hard Tamaki/Ayase fan until this drama came along. I watched their dramas before but I wasn't in love with them until I came back to re-watch them after Kaisha. You know I've forgotten about Tamaki after a while but this re-kindled my love for him and my love for Tamaki/Ayase pair. And it all happened after ep 1. How strange was that.
Not strange at all. I was in a similar situation - Tamaki was always on the back of my drama-watching radar, but it wasn't until Nodame Cantabile (and I was pretty late to it) that it exploded into full-on love within the first five minutes. Then in his first couple of scenes with Ueno Juri, I was completely sold on their chemistry - this was not even halfway through the first episode!.

Even if they don't get too much screentime together, Tamaki and Ayase's chemistry trumps that of the lacklustre one between her and the boy.

Hideaki_Ito wrote:I prefer him being dorky and get full screen time than being sexy and having a few minutes of screen time. Whatever the case may be, a couple minutes of Yu or Yu/Hanae is killing me inside. This is cruel.
LOL. I actually dunno about that. I'd totally love more Tamaki screen time, but I also want him to be hot and sexy at the same time. He's done a fair number of dorky, silly, unassuming, almost loser-type roles (Top Caster Shikaotoko, Kekkon Shinai etc), which was why Chiaki was a breath of fresh air because he could be a real ass. But even Chiaki was a study geek. So I actually like Tamaki being suave and confident because he can totally turn on the charm and he's really working that suit!

Tonight, we'll have this!

diediebydie

Post by diediebydie » Oct 29th, '14, 14:47

I knew I had to get some serious Tamaki dosage because ep 1 tibits just weren't enough. So I went and re-watched Nodame Cantabile all over again. (My next stop would be deer man.) I'm watching this for my Hiroshi/Ayase ending. The boy just isn't hot enough so I don't care for him.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 29th, '14, 23:27

kitty10 wrote: Not strange at all. I was in a similar situation - Tamaki was always on the back of my drama-watching radar, but it wasn't until Nodame Cantabile (and I was pretty late to it) that it exploded into full-on love within the first five minutes. Then in his first couple of scenes with Ueno Juri, I was completely sold on their chemistry - this was not even halfway through the first episode!.
haha, I think most would feel that way. Hey, are you a veteran member from spcnet? You remind me of a member there.
Even if they don't get too much screentime together, Tamaki and Ayase's chemistry trumps that of the lacklustre one between her and the boy.
T'is true. I liked the scene when he came and sat opposite of her in the noodle place then at the party, they had the back and forth. So short yet so secshy.
LOL. I actually dunno about that. I'd totally love more Tamaki screen time, but I also want him to be hot and sexy at the same time. He's done a fair number of dorky, silly, unassuming, almost loser-type roles (Top Caster Shikaotoko, Kekkon Shinai etc), which was why Chiaki was a breath of fresh air because he could be a real ass. But even Chiaki was a study geek. So I actually like Tamaki being suave and confident because he can totally turn on the charm and he's really working that suit!

Tonight, we'll have this!
You already watched that? That looks secshy but don't tell it lasts like 1 minute. You're completely right about suave and confident Tamaki. This is the first time I saw him like this and seriously I cracked up when he appeared because I didn't expect him to have the secshy image. But he was convincing and so I fell. That's why I feel that it's such a waste of sechiness when he only shows up 3 times 2-3 minutes each. Someone is conspiring against me I see.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 30th, '14, 10:32

Hideaki_Ito wrote:haha, I think most would feel that way. Hey, are you a veteran member from spcnet? You remind me of a member there.
Really? Who? Yes, I am a member there, but don't really visit often these days.

Hideaki_Ito wrote:You already watched that? That looks secshy but don't tell it lasts like 1 minute. You're completely right about suave and confident Tamaki. This is the first time I saw him like this and seriously I cracked up when he appeared because I didn't expect him to have the secshy image. But he was convincing and so I fell. That's why I feel that it's such a waste of sechiness when he only shows up 3 times 2-3 minutes each. Someone is conspiring against me I see.
LOL. No, I haven't seen ep 3, that pic is from the preview of ep 3 that came at the end of ep 2. Tamaki was bowling there and he looked hot! And in a white shirt too! Brought back some Chiaki memories and plenty of doki doki. If there is a pool scene somewhere down the road, that'd be totally awesome :wub: I totally loved the one in Love Shuffle where Kei kicked everyone's asses.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Oct 31st, '14, 01:01

kitty10 wrote: Really? Who? Yes, I am a member there, but don't really visit often these days.
I was there many many years ago. I had lots of fun with jade during the NC craze. Haven't been there for a long while. I'm talking about a member with the name start with a "j" and end with "y".
LOL. No, I haven't seen ep 3, that pic is from the preview of ep 3 that came at the end of ep 2. Tamaki was bowling there and he looked hot! And in a white shirt too! Brought back some Chiaki memories and plenty of doki doki. If there is a pool scene somewhere down the road, that'd be totally awesome :wub: I totally loved the one in Love Shuffle where Kei kicked everyone's asses.
Ah, the bowling scene. I was thinking of a bar scene. Love shuffle I didn't watch. I'm kind of specific on which girl I want Tamaki to co-star with. He's hot so I want a hot enough girl for him. :mrgreen:

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 31st, '14, 23:23

Hideaki_Ito wrote:I was there many many years ago. I had lots of fun with jade during the NC craze. Haven't been there for a long while. I'm talking about a member with the name start with a "j" and end with "y".
That would sound like me, yes :P I wonder what gave it away? I still visit Jade's blog regularly for J-drama news.

I totally recommend Love Shuffle if you haven't seen it! Pretty awesome on the whole, and Karina's character is pretty kick-ass. You'll love all the puns, the pyjama parties and the great friendships!

Just finished episode 3 and still really liking the drama. Tamaki Hiroshi's getting a bit more screentime this episode, so I'm happy! Him in a white shirt is sooooo hot, not to mention he looks like a pretty good bowler :wub:

Things I enjoyed from this ep:
How Yu continues rejecting Hitomi outright without embarrassing her - love that in a man. He pretty much says, during a dinner with her and her colleagues, that he disagrees with how some women view love and marriage as some sort of business transaction in that they don't care who their partner is so long as they get it done. It's a lovely smackdown without directly calling Hitomi out on it, and I totally love Yu for doing it in such a classy way.

The bowling scene was fantastic, in light of the stupid bet Hitomi dared to make with Yu. I laughed so much when Yu bowled a strike, it was goddamn awesome and even Hanae was impressed. Tamaki looked so sexy doing it! Love his look of concentration when bowling. Even Hanae was a better bowler, and Yu clapped for her too. Hitomi is such a fail.

That Hanae spends the bulk of the episode doing things based on something Yu said, but without actually realising it. Once again, based on something Yu said, she is forced to face her feelings and tackle the issue head on. And notice it's always Hanae to fix things when it's not going smoothly with Yuto, thanks to Yu's advice? Yuto hasn't done anything constructive in this regard.

Yu confessing to Hanae and asking her to date him. Then spends the rest of the bowling session brooding - fwah, so sexy!

Ichika telling Hanae she's an idiot, affectionately that is. Hehe.

And the scenes with Mamoru. So cute!
Hitomi is really getting on my nerves. Really. I am just itching to slap her to Timbuctoo. I don't understand why Yu even bothers to be nice to her, but I guess he's a gentleman like that. Yuto continues to be bland as heck, I really don't understand what Hanae sees in him.

Next episode should prove interesting!

Meanwhile, sexy Tamaki:

:wub:
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Nov 3rd, '14, 15:48

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my opinion so far.

After 3 episodes I consider it's a wonderful dorama. In spite of all the constant references and similarities to Hotaru no Hikari (intentional or not as the case may be), I find it to be an entertaining plot with complex characters played by talented actors.
It's just worth watching. It has funny moments and a modest dose of melodrama for those who like it.

Personally I enjoy the love triangle because it's so unusual and I'm sure people can feel identified in either character since the age difference is very large (from 20 to 30 to 40).

Thank you for posting those pictures. Since I'm a guy I won't be saying Tamaki is hot but I do have to admit I'd like to look like him when I am his age.

Read you around!

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 4th, '14, 05:30

kitty10 wrote: That would sound like me, yes :P I wonder what gave it away? I still visit Jade's blog regularly for J-drama news.
Haha, I never talked to you in spcnet but I know your name for a while and I also saw your name at jade's blog. I was like "ah, so she got into jdrama now" because I remember you didn't care for jdrama before. Anyways.
I totally recommend Love Shuffle if you haven't seen it! Pretty awesome on the whole, and Karina's character is pretty kick-ass. You'll love all the puns, the pyjama parties and the great friendships!
Me no like Karina. I'm kind of picky on the actress too. Somehow, I have to like both the actor and actress to enjoy the drama. :mrgreen:
Just finished episode 3 and still really liking the drama. Tamaki Hiroshi's getting a bit more screentime this episode, so I'm happy! Him in a white shirt is sooooo hot, not to mention he looks like a pretty good bowler :wub:

Things I enjoyed from this ep:
How Yu continues rejecting Hitomi outright without embarrassing her - love that in a man. He pretty much says, during a dinner with her and her colleagues, that he disagrees with how some women view love and marriage as some sort of business transaction in that they don't care who their partner is so long as they get it done. It's a lovely smackdown without directly calling Hitomi out on it, and I totally love Yu for doing it in such a classy way.

The bowling scene was fantastic, in light of the stupid bet Hitomi dared to make with Yu. I laughed so much when Yu bowled a strike, it was goddamn awesome and even Hanae was impressed. Tamaki looked so sexy doing it! Love his look of concentration when bowling. Even Hanae was a better bowler, and Yu clapped for her too. Hitomi is such a fail.

That Hanae spends the bulk of the episode doing things based on something Yu said, but without actually realising it. Once again, based on something Yu said, she is forced to face her feelings and tackle the issue head on. And notice it's always Hanae to fix things when it's not going smoothly with Yuto, thanks to Yu's advice? Yuto hasn't done anything constructive in this regard.

Yu confessing to Hanae and asking her to date him. Then spends the rest of the bowling session brooding - fwah, so sexy!

Ichika telling Hanae she's an idiot, affectionately that is. Hehe.

And the scenes with Mamoru. So cute!
Hitomi is really getting on my nerves. Really. I am just itching to slap her to Timbuctoo. I don't understand why Yu even bothers to be nice to her, but I guess he's a gentleman like that. Yuto continues to be bland as heck, I really don't understand what Hanae sees in him.

Next episode should prove interesting!

Meanwhile, sexy Tamaki:

:wub:
Thanks for the secshy Tamaki. What can I say after ep 3. Mou ii ya, tsukareta. Koi ga maroboshi desu, broken my hearto. I'm not feeling this at all because I can't stand looking at college boy getting the girl. It's plucking my nerve so now I'm moving this drama into skimming stage. I don't even look forward to the next ep and may drop this soon. (It's not like there are other dramas out there that interest me neither.)

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Nov 4th, '14, 07:02

Hideaki_Ito wrote:Me no like Karina. I'm kind of picky on the actress too. Somehow, I have to like both the actor and actress to enjoy the drama. :mrgreen:
Didn't like Karina before but she wasn't so bad in Love Shuffle. I implore you to reconsider.
What can I say after ep 3. Mou ii ya, tsukareta. Koi ga maroboshi desu, broken my hearto. I'm not feeling this at all because I can't stand looking at college boy getting the girl. It's plucking my nerve so now I'm moving this drama into skimming stage. I don't even look forward to the next ep and may drop this soon. (It's not like there are other dramas out there that interest me neither.)

Hahaha, same here. Might watch it over one weekend once it's finished. I'm not quite sure it's possible to get a dramatic turnaround for our man-bet. It could end up like the kdrama My Sweet Seoul where the lead's relationship with the two men is split evenly with the first half focusing on the young man and the second half attributed to the mature one---that's the best case scenario (and again, wishful thinking on my part). But alas, the spectre of Last Cinderalla still haunts me to this day. I wouldn't mind it so much if the Yuto character was a bit more engaging... unfortunately, that isn't so. Don't even want to think about where this show is going.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 4th, '14, 09:53

Awww guys :( Do still drop by from time to time. Do you want me to do summaries of the episodes so we can still discuss? The Chinese subs seem to come out faster, so I can get a summary up by the weekend (although I don't know how many of you can read Chinese as well?). I'll post some pics too so we can still get some smexy Tamaki here and there. Lemme know what I can do to keep the discussion going :)

Hideaki_Ito: Well, I've always liked J-dramas. I grew up on HK dramas, so that's like my comfort food, but have been a Fujiki Naohito fan for yonks, haha, and have a super soft spot for Tamaki as well. Just not as intense as Jade, and had a brief fling with kdramas but that's over and back on the J-drama train. And I agree Karina was decent in Love Shuffle, do watch it!

zooey: You know, I wish the drama's more like Hotaru, but it's not. Sigh. I was watching Ayase last night in Shikaotoko and really liked her character there, she was so lively. I still do like her Hanae, but a little spunk goes a long way.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 5th, '14, 03:20

zooey wrote: Didn't like Karina before but she wasn't so bad in Love Shuffle. I implore you to reconsider.

How I feel about Karina is like how I feel about Yuto of this drama. :mrgreen:
Hahaha, same here. Might watch it over one weekend once it's finished. I'm not quite sure it's possible to get a dramatic turnaround for our man-bet. It could end up like the kdrama My Sweet Seoul where the lead's relationship with the two men is split evenly with the first half focusing on the young man and the second half attributed to the mature one---that's the best case scenario (and again, wishful thinking on my part). But alas, the spectre of Last Cinderalla still haunts me to this day. I wouldn't mind it so much if the Yuto character was a bit more engaging... unfortunately, that isn't so. Don't even want to think about where this show is going.
I'm already beginning to see this as Last Cinderella with different cast. I'm not sure why Tamaki took the role. I hate it when they treat him like a decoration piece here.
kitty10 wrote: Hideaki_Ito: Well, I've always liked J-dramas. I grew up on HK dramas, so that's like my comfort food, but have been a Fujiki Naohito fan for yonks, haha, and have a super soft spot for Tamaki as well. Just not as intense as Jade, and had a brief fling with kdramas but that's over and back on the J-drama train. And I agree Karina was decent in Love Shuffle, do watch it!

Hey, I started watching HK dramas first as well. In fact, I watched more HK dramas than any other dramas. It's just that the golden 80s of TVB has come and gone. But I do re-watch some old stuff once in a while (like Adam Cheng's Final Verdict or Tony Leung's Grand Canal or even Lam Ching Ying's Vampire Expert.) I started watching HK dramas a decade before JP dramas and the first JP drama I watched was "Yasha" starring Hideaki Ito (reason for the nick. I've forgotten about him since though.) I also do watch TWdrama, Kdrama, Thai, and others. I find old HK dramas to be more realistic and comfortable. Script and story were good (and I especially like Final Verdict. I love the summary done by the defense lawyer. So good.)

Jdramas are more different, short and sweet and at the same time refreshing and fun. The thing is the good ones can be really good and the bad ones can be really bad. I find that Jdramas are good with comedy and inspirational theme (like NC, Hotaru, Kekkon dekinai otoko).

I also watched quite a few old TW dramas. There is some nostalgic quality about but I don't recall any favorite. Actually, there is one, "dream behind curtain." Script is poetic in a cheesy way but I like it. I also like the new idol TW dramas as they're so light and fluffy. There are some decent ones (like My Queen and Office Girls.)

I didn't get into the Kdrama craze. Kdramas to me are like modernized derivatives from old weepy TW dramas which I find myself fast forwarding most of them. But the medical historical stuff is good (like DJG and Hur Jun). Thai dramas are like derivatives from Kdramas but even more unrealistic and over the top in a bad cheesy way. Sometimes they're just so cheesy I had to laugh but they're still enjoyable to watch due to the eye candies. ;)

For now, this drama is still in skimming stage to I still watch portions of it.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 8th, '14, 00:18

Mmm... just finished episode 4 and it confirms the drama is going in the one direction I loathe most - pushing Yu to Hitomi. This pisses me off completely.

Anyway, a summary of what transpired in ep 4:
Ichika and her kids come over to Hanae's house and unwittingly, Sayaka (Ichika's daughter) reveals Hanae has a boyfriend. Mom is delighted, while dad remains ominously silent. Later on, mom asks Hanae what kind of person her boyfriend is, and Hanae lets her imagination run wild on what would happen if dad knew Yuto is only 21 years old.

Hanae and her colleagues are made to work OT because a problem has occurred with the walnuts used in their deal with Yu's company, so they must source for the right batch of walnuts, which is a difficult task.

Hanae thus misses the last bus and Yu happens to drive by, offering her a lift. She initially declines, but Yu points out getting a cab would cost her, so she gets in. He asks if she's thought again about dating him, and she says she already rejected him. Yu asks if her boyfriend is really that good, and Hanae, a little miffed, says Yuto is not the kind who forces his will on others or does things without sparing a thought for other people's feelings, unlike someone else. Yu says if she's really happy now, he has nothing else to say on that, but points out that it's another matter altogether if they're talking about the future - Yuto is still a university student after all. Hanae is all "I know", but has no better retort.

Dad sees Yu giving Hanae a ride home and hides, thinking Yu is the boyfriend in question. At home, he abruptly tells Hanae to invite her boyfriend home for a meal.

Hanae is bothered by this and asks Hitomi for advice. Hitomi says it's better to make it clear at the beginning about meeting the parents with a view to marriage, otherwise it'd just be wasting each other's time. Hanae confesses she's scared about saying it and worried about the other party's response. Hitomi says it's scarier to date for a few years with the guy eventually having no intention of getting married.

Yu and Hitomi are having dinner at a fancy restaurant and she marvels how nice it sounds, being CEO. Yu says he's merely an employee despite being the CEO - the company is not his. The client of his previous company appreciated his talent and put him in charge of operations in Japan. Yu says he still finds it unbelievable that he is the CEO of a company. Hitomi asks why Yu purposely lost to her at bowling, and he says he lost to her persistence and took pity on her. Hitomi however is just happy to be with him, and says she can't sit back and do nothing about a man who is hurting inside - wasn't he rejected by Hanae? Yu says it may look like that for now, but in the long run, that may not be so. Hitomi asks what is so good about Hanae. Yu says he admires Hanae for throwing herself into love even at that age, and rather than say he is captivated by her, it might be more that he is attracted to the Hanae in love. Hitomi says that sounds contradictory. Yu doesn't disagree, but it also means he wants to cheer Hanae on in her quest for love. Hitomi says that makes Yu pitiful too, and although Yu laughs it off, he looks a little pensive.

Hanae worries about how to tell Yuto her parents want to meet him, but in the end Yuto thinks too that it is right to pay her parents a visit. On the fateful day, Dad is nervously preparing himself for the meeting, and gets a rude shock when he realises Yuto is not Yu. He gets an even bigger shock when Yuto reveals he's only 21 and in university, Dad demands to know why Yuto is interested in Hanae, who is so much older, and thinks he's just playing about. Yuto tries to explain that he was attracted to Hanae while working with her and spending her birthday with her. Dad gets even more worked up and continues grilling Yuto even as Hanae tries to get him to stop. Dad asks if Yuto really wants to be with Hanae? Yuto hesitates, then says as he is still in university, marriage has not crossed his mind, but he is serious about Hanae. Dad then asks Yuto to leave.

Hanae is upset and runs after Yuto, who tells her to have a good talk with her dad. Hanae does just that, going out with Dad for a walk with Mamoru, and tells him all about how she and Yuto got together, then asks for his blessing. Dad still doesn't approve, but says he never told her to break up with Yuto at all. Later on, she heads to Yuto's place, bringing along a bottle of shochu that dad (via mom) had asked her to. Yuto is pleased with the gift and says it'd be a waste to drink it - he puts it on one of the shelves as decoration. They end up sleeping together.

Hanae wakes up to Yuto cooking breakfast for her and savours the bliss of it all. Later on, they head to work one after the other. One of the work guys says Sapphirus (Yu's company) seems to be on the verge of being acquired and they wonder what will happen to Yu. Just then, Yu comes into the office and declares he will resign as the CEO and that the project with Hanae's firm will have to be stopped. Yu then gets down on his knees and apologises...
Um... what the heck is with that last scene?! :O My poor Yu... I don't like what they're doing with him if Hitomi is the end game. Even though she has improved a smidgen, I still can't see Yu getting with her. And Hanae is kind of losing me a bit - if there was one thing Hitomi did right, it's to point out that Hanae's own ideas about love are really archaic (Meiji era, as Hitomi says).

I need some conflict, and preferably not of the kind brought about by Hanae's own 15th century ideas on love and relationships. This drama seriously needs some progress between Hanae and Yu...

Anyway, pix:
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Nov 8th, '14, 13:23

Mmm... just finished episode 4 and it confirms the drama is going in the one direction I loathe most - pushing Yu to Hitomi. This pisses me off completely.
Ep.04 was hilarious! But yeah I think it's going towards that way. Hopefully there will be a plot twist somewhere in the next episodes who knows.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 8th, '14, 20:40

zweihander11 wrote:
Ep.04 was hilarious! But yeah I think it's going towards that way. Hopefully there will be a plot twist somewhere in the next episodes who knows.
I dunno, I guess you're more lenient on it than I am. I swear I'll take a stick to drama if Yu ends up with Hitomi :cussing:
I didn't find it particularly hilarious, although Hanae's imagination on how dad would react to Yuto was funny. I did like that the parents got some lovely character beats this week, but I'm still frustrated by the lack of progress between Yu and Hanae. C'mon, she needs to grow up where he's concerned. She's treating him like he's got cooties or something.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Nov 8th, '14, 23:12

Finally mustered up enough interest to watch episode 3. I still think the show's giving us an incomplete picture since we only see things from the point of view of Hanae when it comes to the relationship.

So far, I've gathered that Yuto is kind and gentle, what's more he just gave a girl he's been seeing for a few weeks a key to his apartment even though: (1) they're not living together (so I guess it's an open invite for more sleepovers); and (2) he hasn't thought that far ahead about marriage or where this relationship is going, being a university student. So I don't see what all the fuss is about. Yu is right, it might be all good for now but what about the future? Or is this one of those just-live-for-the-moment scenarios which is in total contrast to Hitomi's perspective on marriage?

@ kitty10 - Thanks for the recap for episode 4. Since Yuto has met the parents, I guess that gives their relationship a semblance of legitimacy. Although, if I were Hanae's dad, I'd object it, too, thinking my spinster daughter has gone all crazy-lovestruck.

That being said, I wonder when they'll break the news to their officemates....

Still don't know what they plan on doing with Yu's character at this point. He's sadly underutilized as a would-be love interest, he hasn't even made a dent. So it's hardly a love triangle. He might indeed be pushed off to Hitomi since he's not making any progress with Hanae. Also, what other reason could there be to cast actors like Tamaki Hiroshi and Naka Riisa in bit parts if they're not going to get together? Hahaha, perish the thought. :crazy:

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 9th, '14, 11:32

zooey wrote:So far, I've gathered that Yuto is kind and gentle, what's more he just gave a girl he's been seeing for a few weeks a key to his apartment even though: (1) they're not living together (so I guess it's an open invite for more sleepovers); and (2) he hasn't thought that far ahead about marriage or where this relationship is going, being a university student. So I don't see what all the fuss is about. Yu is right, it might be all good for now but what about the future? Or is this one of those just-live-for-the-moment scenarios which is in total contrast to Hitomi's perspective on marriage?
Funny thing is, at the start of ep 4, Hanae says it's not even 2 weeks since she started dating Yuto. Which makes me think Yuto is really jumping the gun here, he barely knows her and already he is giving her a key to his place.

I didn't list out everything in the parents meeting (dad said a fair bit more), but I think it's worth watching ep 4 for the parents. And there's the bit where Hanae is about to rush off after Yuto, she encounters her dad in the hallway and he demands to know what the heck she's doing when she's already 30 years old. Hanae can't even muster a response except to look upset. I found that very telling.

Eventually, her parents (more of dad) relented because dad felt he had not done right by Hanae by having raised her too strictly and she had not once complained, so mom had asked him to be a bit more understanding. I really felt for the parents in this ep, and I don't often like parental units in dramas because they tend to get hysterical. But this was also the episode where Hanae is beginning to lose me and it's through no fault of Ayase Haruka. I read comments somewhere that said we should be respecting Hanae's choice of Yuto even if we the audience prefer Yu (and that Yu doesn't really understand Hanae all that well), which I agree with to some extent. But the problem is now that I do not understand either what Hanae sees in Yuto - is it just cuz he's kind and gentle, and doesn't do much except to beam at her and cook breakfast for her? I don't know if I'm missing something in the narrative. Granted, Yu probably is a bit overwhelming for Hanae right now, but I find her behaviour towards him puzzling and illogical.

zooey wrote:Still don't know what they plan on doing with Yu's character at this point. He's sadly underutilized as a would-be love interest, he hasn't even made a dent. So it's hardly a love triangle. He might indeed be pushed off to Hitomi since he's not making any progress with Hanae. Also, what other reason could there be to cast actors like Tamaki Hiroshi and Naka Riisa in bit parts if they're not going to get together? Hahaha, perish the thought. :crazy:
I'm not very happy with what they're doing to Tamaki Hiroshi and Yu. At this point I'm beginning to think he's doing this drama only because of his friendship with Ayase Haruka. Although actors should do roles to gain experience and not for the size of it, a drama also needs to know how to utilise its actors, as you've pointed out. Tamaki is criminally underused and we know he can do so much more. I hope episode 5 will shed more light on what is going on with Yu.

I haven't seen Naka Riisa in anything, so this first introduction to her is not a very good one. But she seems like a passable actress - certainly, she's emoting more than Fukushi Sota and in her quieter beats (during the dinner with Yu), she's actually decent. But unless they vastly improve Hitomi, I still loathe the idea of pairing her with Yu. He is too awesome to need a consolation chick.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 15th, '14, 13:23

Mmm... episode 5 picks up a little! There's a lovely segment of Yu and Hanae that should definitely be watched!

Summary of episode 5 (I've gone into a bit of detail):
The episode begins with Hanae cooking in Yuto's apartment. He comes home, greets her and she feels blissful to be cooking for him. She thinks to herself that Yuto must be a god for making all this happen.

It's been three weeks since Sapphirus has been taken over by the parent company and removed from its Japan operations. While moving stuff in storage, Yuto mentions to Hanae that Kagami is looking chirpier, and she says it's because Yu has left the building (aka, no rival for Hitomi's affections). Yuto wonders how Yu is doing, and then says he figured Yu also likes Hanae, not looking entirely happy saying that. Hanae is surprised, then feels honoured that Yuto is feeling jealous.

Hitomi broods, saying she shouldn't be hung up over Yu since he's no longer the CEO, but then wonders what she should do from now on.

Hanae finally realises that Yu has been helping her a lot, such as giving her a lift home when she worked late, returning her handkerchief, and giving her a push where Yuto is concerned. She wonders if he's doing well, then suddenly gets a call from someone named Tanabe. She picks up the phone and realises it's Yu (nearly blurts out his name, haha, then pretends she's really talking to Tanabe). She asks how he is doing and Yu tells her he is in the midst of preparing for his next job. Hanae says she is relieved then, and Yu smiles, asking if she was worried about him? Hanae just says if he needs any help, he can let her know. Yu then asks if she knows who Tanabe actually is - turns out it's the person he mentioned at their first meeting at the udon shop, the one whom he said resembled her but was actually embezzling company funds, hahaha. He hangs up, leaving Hanae feeling a bit pissed thinking she is an idiot for having been concerned about him.

Hanae rejoices in not having to share her eating space (the udon shop) with Yu anymore and indulges in her udon, thinking Yu must be the devil if Yuto is god. Later on, Hanae discovers something's wrong with her tooth, so she visits the dentist where she meets Hirono, who is working there as a nurse. Hirono later asks Hanae if she has a boyfriend. Hanae mumbles sort of, and Hirono confesses she too has someone she likes. Hanae then says Hirono should gather her courage to confess to the boy - Hanae then quotes Yu, saying that it's better to be hurt in love rather than to remain unchanged and static. Encouraged, Hirono reveals that the person she likes is actually Yuto. Hanae realises she has finally encountered a love rival...

Hanae sees her colleagues engaged in a game of shogi. Hanae then hilariously imagines she and Hirono are engaged in a shogi battle - the girls' final of the Tanokura Cup - dressed in kimono, and using pieces such as "youth", "friends", "adorable" etc. Eventually Hirono checkmates her and Hanae concedes she has lost.

Yuto mentions he hasn't seen Hirono at the restaurant in a while, and the owner, Bushi-san, says she's quit and gone to work at a dentist's. Yuto is surprised, saying he didn't hear that the last time he and Hirono met - he then explains to Hanae it was because Hirono returned the CD he loaned her but they didn't dine together. Yuto asks if Hanae doubts him, but she hastily denies it. Bushi says it's natural the girlfriend should be worried since Hirono likes Yuto, but Yuto says he only likes Hanae. Hanae then confesses she actually met Hirono at the dentist, but couldn't bring herself to tell Hirono that she and Yuto are dating. Yuto offers to do it, saying it's better to let Hirono know early, but Hanae says she'll do it tomorrow since she's going back to the dentist for a follow-up.

The next day, after the follow-up, Hirono invites Hanae out for a meal. She says she lacks confidence to confess. She has only seen Yuto's good side and wonders if she's put him on a pedestal? Hanae agrees it could be it and seizes the chance to list out some of Yuto's "bad habits", but even then, Hirono says she can't hate Yuto, because he is her first love. Hirono confesses she hasn't had sex yet and wants to do it with the person she loves. Hanae can't bring herself to destroy Hirono's first love.

Hanae is dining again at Bushi-san's when Hirono comes by, thinking to bump into Yuto here. Hanae tries to call Yuto so he wouldn't come by, but he arrives at the restaurant before she can say much, and Hirono is delighted to see him. Bushi sends Hirono on an errand and once she leaves, Yuto asks what's going on and Hanae apologises for not having told Hirono. Yuto asks what she means, and Bushi says of course it's about Hanae and Yuto dating... which is what Hirono overhears, since she hasn't really left yet. Hirono is shocked and confirms it with Yuto, then demands to know if Hanae was messing with her. She runs out and Hanae goes after her - Hirono, with tears in her eyes, apologises for making Hanae worry about her and wishes them well.

Back in the apartment, Yuto asks why Hanae didn't tell Hirono - it'd have been better to say it from the start. Hanae explains Yuto is Hirono's first love and it's not easy breaking such news. Yuto disagrees, saying Hanae's supposedly kind gesture is even crueller because it would hurt Hirono more the longer she is kept in the dark. Hanae says Yuto won't understand how they (she and Hirono) feel since he's got so much dating experience, but an angry Yuto says he is doing this because Hanae is important to him, then questions whether he is important to her? Is she happy pretending to be the nice guy here? Yuto is upset and says they should not meet for a while. Hanae goes home and cries.

Hanae confides in Ichika, saying Hirono reminds Hanae of who she was 10 years ago - the first love, being a virgin and having such hopes and dreams about romance. Ichika points out that Yuto wasn't wrong, there's no point being kind to one's love rival. Hanae sighs that Ichika doesn't understand either.

Early morning in the office, Hanae receives a call from Yu requesting for her help. She tries to decline, but he reminds her of her promise to help and says he'll pick her up in front of her house at noon the next day.

Yu picks Hanae up and tells her they are going to a sausage-making factory, and he needs her to pose as his wife. Hanae is flabbergasted, but Yu explains the factory is helmed by a stubborn couple and he needs help wearing down their resistance - it's better to go as a couple to gain their trust. Hanae protests he could have asked plenty of other women to help, but Yu says among the women he knows, Hanae is the best choice. She snaps whether he means she's plain and dowdy enough to do the job? Yu is even more amused when she gripes that his rude personality hasn't changed despite not being the CEO, and that she worried about him for nothing. Yu asks whether she honestly worried about him? A sulky Hanae doesn't answer.

They arrive at the factory and are given sausages for sampling. Yu says it is his dream to open an eatery with his wife, and asks the factory couple to please let him use their products. He pats Hanae on the back to get her in on the act, and she promptly eats another slice of sausage and declares it very delicious, then nudges Yu and says, "Anata, why don't you try it too?" Hanae continues to lay it on thick, saying this is definitely the taste she and Yu have been looking for all year - why, it could even be their signature dish on the menu! Yu smiles and laughs at her enthusiastic act.

They are given a tour of the factory and Hanae continues acting the enthusiastic wife, while Yu trails behind, amused. He takes her aside for a moment and she goes, "what is it, anata?" He grins and says he didn't ask her to go to such an extent, then teases her that her "wifely mannerisms" are a bit too old-fashioned - this is the 21st century after all. Hanae gripes at him to shut up and says she's leaving. Yu runs after her, and the factory owner wonders what is wrong - Yu brushes it off as couple banter and says not to worry.

Once out of the factory, Yu asks Hanae to accompany him a little longer. They head to a bluff that looks out to the sea, where he sits down on a grassy patch. Hanae wonders what's going on and Yu says he's here to watch the sunset. Yu thanks her for today, but Hanae says she didn't do anything - it'd be great though if the factory signs the contract with Yu. But Yu says he wasn't talking about work - he's thanking her for making him laugh. Since leaving Sapphirus, he hadn't laughed. Hanae is surprised, but seems to understand as she says it must have been difficult for him all this while. She sits down as well, but then gets a text message - it is from Hirono, who says she is with Yuto at a friends' gathering and asks Hanae not to blame her. Yu notices Hanae's discomfort and she insists on leaving now. On the way back to the car, Yu realises he's lost his car keys...
Fwah... I am quite happy with this episode because it's got such an adorable segment of Yu and Hanae! It's so great to see Yu back to his smiley self, all relaxed and bantering with Hanae again. I love their dynamic and feel they have got a bit of that old married couple vibe, love how he teases her and she can snap and gripe at him and give him the stink-eye. And Tamaki Hiroshi looks great in casual wear :wub:

As for Yuto... bleh. I kind of get where he's coming from, but
I think he shouldn't have gotten upset with Hanae like that. If he claimed to know her well, he'd understand where she was coming from re Hirono. Anyway, the spat didn't last long, since the preview for ep 6 shows Hanae drying Yuto's hair in his apartment. Sigh.

I also hope Yu hasn't faked losing his car keys... don't want him to go there!
Anyway, some pix!
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

akiyu

Post by akiyu » Nov 17th, '14, 07:03

Fwah... I am quite happy with this episode because it's got such an adorable segment of Yu and Hanae! It's so great to see Yu back to his smiley self, all relaxed and bantering with Hanae again. I love their dynamic and feel they have got a bit of that old married couple vibe, love how he teases her and she can snap and gripe at him and give him the stink-eye. And Tamaki Hiroshi looks great in casual wear :wub:

As for Yuto... bleh. I kind of get where he's coming from, but
I think he shouldn't have gotten upset with Hanae like that. If he claimed to know her well, he'd understand where she was coming from re Hirono. Anyway, the spat didn't last long, since the preview for ep 6 shows Hanae drying Yuto's hair in his apartment. Sigh.

I also hope Yu hasn't faked losing his car keys... don't want him to go there!
I agree with you. I think Hanae is more relaxed and is more of herself when she is with Asao. I begin to sense some problem in her relationship with Yuto, when she referred Yuto as God in Ep 5. That thought itself, put her in an unbalanced scale in the r/s. Well of course I can't blame Hanae because she hasn't had a lot of love experience. At the age of 30, it is really an embarrassing age and to have someone show love interest in her, I guess it's normal for her to be blinded by love. And it doesn't help that I still can't really see the seriousness of Yuto in this relationship. He doesn't reply her message when they quarrelled. He is the one who asked to cool down. I am starting to dislike him... That, I don't know to blame the actor, or the writer. I really hope there are more scenes showing his inner thoughts so that we can see from his perspective.

And oh, if you have read the manga, you will know that
Asao has indeed faked to have lost his car keys and that actually led to the breakdown of his relationship with Hanae.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 17th, '14, 10:53

akiyu wrote:I agree with you. I think Hanae is more relaxed and is more of herself when she is with Asao. I begin to sense some problem in her relationship with Yuto, when she referred Yuto as God in Ep 5. That thought itself, put her in an unbalanced scale in the r/s. Well of course I can't blame Hanae because she hasn't had a lot of love experience. At the age of 30, it is really an embarrassing age and to have someone show love interest in her, I guess it's normal for her to be blinded by love. And it doesn't help that I still can't really see the seriousness of Yuto in this relationship. He doesn't reply her message when they quarrelled. He is the one who asked to cool down. I am starting to dislike him... That, I don't know to blame the actor, or the writer. I really hope there are more scenes showing his inner thoughts so that we can see from his perspective.
Well, I think it's both the writing and the actor, but probably more of the actor in this case. Fukushi Sota is really one-note and I don't like his acting or Yuto. I feel he hasn't really bothered to get to know Hanae and you're right, he doesn't take the initiative to patch things up with her when they quarrel.
akiyu wrote:And oh, if you have read the manga, you will know that
Asao has indeed faked to have lost his car keys and that actually led to the breakdown of his relationship with Hanae.
Noooooooooo!!! :-( Why must Yu do that? I knew there was something a bit off about that scene. Will things improve? :( I wonder if the drama will change that, but I guess not. I just feel it's not in Yu's character to do something like that, and I don't like that he did it. Bah, it's just not fair that you put Tamaki Hiroshi in the role and not have him end up with the girl! :cussing:

Edit: I went to check out the manga. Poor Yu, he didn't really mean any harm, I don't think Hanae should be that upset with him. And somehow, Yuto and Hanae were sweeter in the manga, but Yu in the drama is much better though.

dramafan9102

Post by dramafan9102 » Nov 17th, '14, 19:41

@kitty10 Thank you for summarizing Episode 4-5. My Japanese isn't good enough yet to understand everything but reading your summaries before watching the RAWs have been very helpful!! :D

akiyu

Post by akiyu » Nov 18th, '14, 05:26

Edit: I went to check out the manga. Poor Yu, he didn't really mean any harm, I don't think Hanae should be that upset with him. And somehow, Yuto and Hanae were sweeter in the manga, but Yu in the drama is much better though.
Yes, I actually like manga Yuto better. At least he appears to care more about Hanae than portrayed in the drama. I guess it all really has to do with the poor acting. :/

Well, good thing is, the writer hasn't been following closely to the manga, and in some scenes he did write better than the manga itself. So fingers crossing that Asao will get to have better chances in the drama! [/quote]

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 18th, '14, 18:27

dramafan9102 wrote:@kitty10 Thank you for summarizing Episode 4-5. My Japanese isn't good enough yet to understand everything but reading your summaries before watching the RAWs have been very helpful!! :D
You're welcome! :D I didn't summarise everything (left out the blah ones like Hitomi), but let me know if you think it should be more detailed.

akiyu wrote:Yes, I actually like manga Yuto better. At least he appears to care more about Hanae than portrayed in the drama. I guess it all really has to do with the poor acting. :/

Well, good thing is, the writer hasn't been following closely to the manga, and in some scenes he did write better than the manga itself. So fingers crossing that Asao will get to have better chances in the drama!
Yes, I hope the drama takes the opportunity to develop Yu more, and give Tamaki more screentime! Yu is so much more interesting Yuto at this point, really want to see more of him. I doubt Yu and Hanae will be end game, though their scenes in ep 5 were so awesome.

And it seems manga Hanae is less uptight than in the drama?

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 19th, '14, 17:03

What I surprise! I didn't expect
that the CEO will suddenly lose his job. Interesting twist, can't wait for the next episodes

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 21st, '14, 01:19

Yu is so awesome! I'm glad the drama kept him this way. Screentime is woefully short as usual, but Tamaki Hiroshi is just so yummy as Yu :wub:

Here's a summary of ep 6:
It's dark and Yu and Hanae are walking along the road. Hanae asks how long they have to keep walking, and Yu says there should be a cafe further down the road. But that's what he said 10 minutes ago, Hanae complains. Yu says a long walk once in a while is a good thing. Hanae grouches about him losing his car keys - rental ones at that - and Yu says he was surprised himself too. But people usually have at least one or two faults, and his just happen to be losing his car keys. Hanae informs him he's definitely got more faults than that, and Yu says she can tell him more about that. She wonders if he doesn't owe her an apology - and do it properly while he's at it. Yu says that's probably his good point - to remain positive regardless of the circumstances. He then says he's got an important piece of information - the last train is gone.

Hanae calls home and says she won't be back for the night. Mom assumes she's at Yuto's, then wonders what sort of place Yuto lives in. Dad huffs that he's totally not interested to know.

Yu and Hanae find a cafe place and he asks if she's got plans since she was in such a hurry to leave. When she remains quiet, he figures it's about her boyfriend - is Yuto waiting for her? Hanae confesses that they're on a break now. Yu asks if Yuto was the one who proposed it, Hanae nods, and Yu says it doesn't sound good. Yu then gets a call from the rental agency saying the spare keys will be here, and he'd be able to send her back by 12. Hanae is surprised - she thought they'd be out here all night. Yu smiles and asks if she was thinking weird things?

At the dinner gathering, Yuto comes out of the bathroom to find Hirono waiting for him. She suggests going elsewhere to drink with him, but he declines. She grabs his arm, he tells her to let go. She confesses she's always liked him and asks him to choose her.

The spare keys arrive. Turns out Hanae has confided in Yu about the problem and he asks if she's so worried about Yuto and Hirono? Hanae says of course, since Hirono is younger and prettier. Yu wonders if Yuto would be worried if he knew Hanae was at the seaside with Yu. Hanae says she came only to help Yu, and that things would be fine if she explained herself clearly. Yu says he'll give her a piece of advice, as a friend. Hanae is surprised - friend? Yu smiles and asks didn't she help him because she considers him as a friend? Yu says although Hanae thinks explaining herself to Yuto is a form of love, and although this is a good point of hers, other people might think differently. Yu says bluntly that it's just Hanae being stupidly honest.

On the drive back, Yu asks if Hanae's angry - he didn't say it to rile her. It's normal for people to offer advice to their friends in a pickle. Hanae says they're not friends - rather, they're enemies like a dog and a monkey. Yu says he's never treated Hanae like a monkey. Hanae immediately snaps that Yu is the monkey and she is the dog. Yu wonders shouldn't she be more kawaii if she's a dog? Hanae says Yu should read up more on dogs - there are non-kawaii kinds too (she thinks of Mamoru).

They arrive at her place, but Hanae is fast asleep. Yu stops the car, then settles down to wait it out until she awakes. When she does, he apologises for keeping her out so late. She wishes him well at work and he too hopes things will go well with Yuto.

Mom is actually up and sits down to have a chat with Hanae, who confesses things are a bit shaky with Yuto. Mom says when she was dating Dad, they had a lot of fights and she was even criticised for her taste in men. Mom says if the other party doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore, there will definitely be signs. She tells Hanae not to worry and be more confident.

Hanae wonders if she could still send Yuto emails even when they're on a break, then accidentally knocks over the soft toy Yuto gave her when they first started dating. Turns out it's broken and she takes it as a sign...

At the office, she starts looking for signs - such as Yuto wearing new shoes, a housing leaflet on his desk (she thinks he's moving), Yuto and Kagami talking about "moving". She sees Yuto at the terrace and bolts, thinking he wants to end things with her. Hanae's imagination goes wild, thinking Yuto is marrying Hirono, and in the end she is left in the snow with Mamoru.

Kagami tries to confess to Hitomi in the lift but is instantly rejected.

Hanae goes to the arcade to win the soft toy but her efforts are in vain until two boys come by to help her out - in the end, the toy she manages to get is a stuffed monkey! (Is this a sign?! LOL). Hanae goes to get more money, then sees the two boys with the toy she wants and tries to get them to exchange it with her, to no avail.

Hanae stops by Bushi-san's diner and bumps into Hirono, who shoots her an upset look and leaves. Bushi-san tells her that Hirono had asked Yuto what was so good about Hanae and Yuto said it was because Hanae is someone he can trust and is seriously dating him. He doesn't want to do anything to hurt Hanae. Bushi-san says Hirono said she had sent a rude email and feels bad about it. Bushi-san says there is no right or wrong in this matter, which has come to an end. Hanae is glad about that, but there are still no signs she and Yuto would patch up...

Yuto is at home eating when he receives an email from Hirono apologising for the other day and wishing him well with Hanae.

Hanae is fixing the broken soft toy when Yu calls. He is at the sausage factory and has successfully signed the contract, so he's calling to thank her. Hanae is glad, and Yu says someone asked him to give his regards to his "wife", haha. Yu asks if Hanae has patched up with Yuto, and suggests maybe Yuto wants to make peace too. Hanae isn't sure, but Yu says men are stubborn and find it difficult to take back the things they've said. Yu says Hanae should take the initiative instead of waiting for Yuto to act. Hanae says there are too many people in the office, but Yu says surely there is some way of communicating that only the two of them will know? Hanae thinks back to how they used to paste post-it notes on documents and perks up.

Yu goes back to the factory and his Italian business partner asks if it's his girlfriend? Yu laughs and says it's only a friend. Italian guy asks if Yu is wooing the girl, and Yu says he was, but now they're only friends... and she's a girl who always makes people worry... (aww Yu).

Oshiro tells Hanae that thanks to Yu's help, the office was able to clear all the walnut stock. Oshiro has been in touch with Yu recently and says Yu is doing well. Oshiro says Yu is setting up an Italian restaurant and will invite everyone for a meal when it opens.

While the office is out for lunch, Hanae sticks a post-it note on one of Yuto's documents asking him to meet at the terrace after work. Oshiro, Kagami and Yuto are on their way back from lunch when Oshiro remarks that Kagami is a nice person like Hanae, and the guys end up talking about how nice Hanae is.

Hanae waits at the terrace, but it's Kagami who turns up - the document has ended up in his hands instead. He asks what's going on but Hanae can't explain herself. Kagami then takes the chance to talk about his own problems - he says he and Hanae are rather similar and that Hanae relies on her plants quite a bit, like him. He then shows him a picture of his veranda, which is full of plants. Kagami says he's the type whose interest in things is short-lived, but doesn't understand why he can't quit this place despite being rejected time and again by Hitomi. Kagami asks if Hanae knows any good formula for giving up on love? Hanae hesitates, then says she often feels like she can't make it either, but there's another Hanae deep inside her that refuses to give up, so she has to work on getting rid of the notion of giving up. She suggests Kagami work on not giving up too, and by taking the first step forward, maybe the answer might come. Success and failure are the results, one must go through the various gates of the process in order to move forward.

Hanae goes to Yuto's house but he's not home. Later on, Yuto comes back and sees Hanae in his kitchen, where she bows and apologises formally. She's sorry for her actions giving him trouble. It's the first time in their short dating history that she and Yuto have a difference in opinion. She's thought about it and realises she wants to patch up with him. Yuto also apologises for saying things in the heat of the moment and promises from now on to be more attentive to other people's feelings.

Yuto then shows her the housing leaflets and says as the lease to his apartment is up soon, he is looking for a new and bigger place. He asks Hanae to consider moving in with him. Hanae says she can't give him an answer immediately, but is very happy he thought to ask her. Yuto laughs that he was worried Hanae wanted to break up with him because she ran away from him at the terrace.

Hanae is blow-drying her hair in Yuto's apartment, wearing his shirt. He comes out of the bathroom and cutely asks her to blow-dry his hair as well. Shyly, she does it.

In the lift, Kagami again asks Hitomi to date him - she refuses. Kagami is not down about it and tells Hanae that he had a tiny bit of success - Hitomi hesitated 3 seconds before refusing. He'll work on prolonging her hesitation. Hanae silently wishes him luck in getting Hitomi to date him.

Yu comes by the office and sees Yuto, comments he's looking well. Boss Tachibana has invited Yu and asks Hanae to make coffee, but Hitomi jumps to do it and Kagami looks shocked...

Well, well. I didn't expect this. Yu really only
thinks of Hanae as friends??? :O When the heck did that happen? I totally love that he's so supportive, but I thought he was interested in Hanae! I mean, she has a boyfriend yes, and Yu is not the kind to break up a couple, but that doesn't mean he can't still like her! I am confused... :scratch: Anyway, I'm so glad the drama made Yu lose his car keys for real. I didn't think it was in Yu's character to purposely lose the keys, so I'm happy the change was made and he didn't make up some stupid excuse to keep her with him overnight. Yu is just so awesome overall. His business partner's quite funny too.

Also... it could be just me, but for the first time in the drama, I think Hanae may not be the woman for Yu. He is totally the man for her, but I'm not sure if she is right for him... well, she could be, but she needs to do some growing up real soon...
Couple of pics:
Image Image
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 27th, '14, 23:56

Okay, keeping the summary for Ep 7 fairly short, since the best thing about the drama, Tamaki Hiroshi's Yu, continues to have so little screentime and everyone else is just getting boring. There are still funny bits, but I find my attention straying when Tamaki is not on screen.
Hanae and Yuto go apartment-hunting, and she is totally clueless about how to pick a good place. They can't find a decent place that isn't too expensive, so they decide to take their time. Ichika is surprised to hear that Hanae is going to cohabit with Yuto and wonders if she can actually do it, since Hanae has been living with her parents for so long and hasn't stayed out for more than one night.

Hanae decides to do a dry run by staying at Yuto's place for a bit. She packs up a few things and chances upon dad snoring on the living room sofa. Mom laughs and says Hanae is the same when she's tired out without a good night's rest. Hanae is shocked.

Hanae realises she's been having it good all her life and suddenly decides to pitch in with housework and stuff, to prepare herself for living with another person.

Yu gives Boss Tachibana and Hitomi a tour of his new restaurant, which is under renovation. He says it's his dream to open a restaurant of his own, even though people around him don't agree with it and think he's too hasty, He's counting on Boss Tachibana to provide him with top-quality ingredients.

Yuto and Hanae are dining at Bushi-san's and he relates a tale of a younger man cohabiting with an older woman, saying men in their 20s are very virile. He teases Yuto for being horny and Hanae wonders if she can keep up. At Yuto's place, Hanae places a photo of Mamoru on the shelf, which is unfortunately in a spot where she can see lying from the bed. When Yuto tosses and turns in his sleep, she thinks he wants sex and is uncomfortable to see "Mamoru" (his photo) staring at her. She can't sleep a wink and goes to work tired out.

Hitomi tells Hanae she's finally figured out what attracted her to Yu: it's his vitality. Despite having given their office trouble, he still turns up and asks for their help. Hanae thinks that's just thick-skinned of Yu, Hitomi says that Yu is willing to make sacrifices to achieve his dream and that shows how much of a man he is. Hanae thinks about it again that it could be true - if Yu were alone on a deserted island, he'd still be unaffected and drinking his coffee casually.

Hanae goes to the udon shop for lunch and bumps into Yu, who sees the housing leaflet. He guesses immediately that she's thinking of cohabitation, and wonders if the development is a bit too fast. Hanae says it's not decided yet. Yu says he read somewhere that 81% of couples who cohabit before marriage break up. He cites the example of sakura - they bloom once a year for such a short period of time, that's why they're loved. It's the same with cohabitation: the things that look beautiful when two people are apart become normal and taken for granted when they are together. That sort of feeling will increase with time. Besides, people who have dogs as pets tend to marry late as well. Yu gets up and says he'll see her tomorrow, since he's stopping by the office for a meeting. Hanae pouts and thinks that her wish for next year is to have Yu stop coming to the udon shop, lol.

Hanae returns home (so she won't snore while sleeping at Yuto's) and panics when she doesn't feel doki-doki after receiving Yuto's message. She then witnesses her parents' silent telepathy and thinks that while that is good, it can get lonely sometimes. Yu's words play on her mind and her imagination goes wild, thinking she and Yuto will end up only communicating via hand gestures, lol.

Mom realises there are things missing from the house and Hanae confesses she and Yuto are apartment-hunting. While her parents clearly don't approve, they don't stop her.

Hitomi walks Yu to the elevator after his meeting with Boss Tachibana, and she says he can ask her for help if he needs it. She says she knows people in advertising so she can help get a good price if necessary. Yu asks why she's still interested in him when he has no money and power anymore. He advises her not to waste the golden years of her twenties, but Hitomi says that's up to her to decide. They run into Kagami and Oshiro coming out of the elevator. As the elevator door closes on Yu, Kagami forces it open and then boldly declares he's going to date Hitomi, who is stunned. Yu smiles and says they're very compatible, and wishes them happiness. Hitomi is pissed at Kagami for saying what he did.

Yu is supervising renovations at the restaurant when Yuto comes by with samples. Yu asks if Yuto has found a new apartment and whether he was the one who proposed cohabitation? Yu says although Hanae is serious about Yuto, that doesn't mean he can get complacent about it. Yuto is clearly not happy when Yu says it's still too early in their relationship for cohabitation. He is about to leave when Yu asks the pertinent question: Why is Yuto in such a hurry? Yuto denies it, but again Yu asks whether Yuto really understands Hanae? Yuto insists he does, but then back at the office, he sees Hanae looking troubled.

Yuto and Hanae find an apartment they like, but run into problems when they have to use Hanae's name for rental purposes (as Yuto is still in university), and to have Hanae's parents as guarantors.

Yuto calls in sick one morning and after work, Hanae rushes over to take care of him. Seeing how well Hanae has taken care of him, Yuto tells her that maybe they should hold off cohabiting for a while. He doesn't feel good having to use Hanae's name to rent the new place, and wants to do it only when he is in a more stable, mature position in life. Hanae confesses to being glad about this because although she does want to live with Yuto, at this point she doesn't want to leave her parents yet. Later, as Yuto sleeps, Hanae talks to Mom, who says she's glad too as she had hoped Hanae would only leave the house when she gets married.

In the morning, Yuto is well enough to have sex with Hanae and she goes to work in a daze. Boss Tachibana calls her in to say that Yuto has rejected the offer to stay on at the office as he wants to continue to graduate school. Boss also wants Hanae to consider a change to her job responsibilities as he feels she can handle more.

While out on a date, Yuto and Hanae are caught red-handed by Oshiro...
Finally Yuto grows a smidgen of brains, but again that is thanks to Yu's reminder. Seriously, Yu should start charging for his advice.

Couple of pix:
Image Image
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:55, edited 3 times in total.

pondloso

Post by pondloso » Nov 28th, '14, 00:22

man how much i love tamaki in this even i'm a man 100% man i fall in love with him
how can hanae still with that kid story just so stupid and it drag every ep just about
how kid yuuto be and how blind hanae

if yuuto a girl is sure cute for girl that alway want you all the time
but god damn it he a man 21 years old not middile school kid i just cant stand
how this drama alway carry on for this kid it so unreal how can woman
still love guy who it just a kid if he 21 year sold but mature that make sense but
he so immature that even hirono-chan it feel more mature than him
hanae sury blind in love i don't think she really love him that much lately she just
want to have boyfriend that all an try everything not to lose him it like take care for
some host

and i do sub this show in my country only thing that can keep me go on is tamaki
he just beat all cool guy in all drama this year only Yutaka that came close

i hope it just end at this ep or don't be 11 or 12 ep i just feel like i can't sub this stupid
couple anymore or give real great woman for tamaki to show hanae that how dump she is.

sry for my eng
Last edited by pondloso on Nov 28th, '14, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 28th, '14, 00:37

Jesus Christ, Episode 5 was such a nosedive for this show.
The good
- Yu seems to be fine, good for him
- I liked the Shogi scene at the beginning
- Hanaes friend who "hasn't got time to deal with elementary school problems". That's the spirit, girl!
- Hanae playing the wife. I laughed really hard seeing her beeing so into the role, lol. Also, Yus comment about her being a wife from a former generation was hilarious.

The bad
- I still think, there is not enough Yu in this drama. He only has relatively shot appearences. I hoped he would be more important
- The hole arc with the other girl. Its sooooooooo bad. Why did Hanae not tell her "sorry, hes my girldfriend now" in the first place. It's never a good idea to lie in a situation like this. And it's not that she knew this girl in any way. They just met by coincidence ONE time before. There is NO reason for Hanae, to be THAT considerate of her feelings.

The "I WANT TO SLIT MY WRISTS WATHCING THIS!"
- "Let's stop seeing each other for some time". Do I need to say more than this? Great idea, especially if you have to see each other EVERYDAY AT WORK! And the whole setup...just because the other girl appeared they make such a fuss about it. If something small like this is a reason for "not seeing each other for some time" and that he has to "think and cool of his head", than BREAK UP! There is no worth in a relationship like this, if it is THAT fragile even from the begining. It's like trying to build a house on a foundation made of glass.

I REALLY hope they'll brake up. Yu is a much better partner for her.
The only reasons I keep watching this are
- Ayase Haruka
- Yu
- The relationship between the young guy at work and the woman who likes/liked Yu

After a promising start, this drama nosedived HARD. It's Shitsuren Chocolatier all over again! :( I really hope, that the show will make a comeback.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Nov 28th, '14, 01:24

GaussAlgorithmus wrote: After a promising start, this drama nosedived HARD. It's Shitsuren Chocolatier all over again! :( I really hope, that the show will make a comeback

Awww, I hated Shitsuren Chocolatier with a fire of a thousand suns. I dropped this series after episode 3 but couldn't resist checking in on this thread to see if there's any progress in it. There's just something so juvenile about Hanae and Yuto's relationship which really tried my patience. I laughed so hard reading your comment about the two of them seeing each other at the office everyday even if they decided to take a break.

I still hope that the show will have an acceptable ending, however it looks and sounds bleak. Might give it another shot once the subs are complete depending on how well the feedback is from the viewers who followed it weekly.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 28th, '14, 08:49

The following pattern has been repeating from ep 2:

- Hanae and Yuto run into problems
- Hanae panics and decides to give up/doesn't know what to do, while Yuto mopes/sulks
- Yu offers advice to Hanae
- Hanae takes initiative to patch up with Yuto

Episode 7 had a slight change in that Yu now gives Yuto advice, which Yuto doesn't like but reluctantly sees the logic of, and then fixes the problem. But overall it still follows the same pattern. Which is really tiring.

zooey is right about how juvenile Hanae's relationship with Yuto is, which is why I no longer feel as strongly that she is the right woman for Yu. He is definitely the right man for her, but she needs a strong dose of growing up. I guess Yu sees that, which is why he's just withdrawn to giving advice instead of pursuing her. He has bigger things to deal with. I dislike how Hanae almost always has to apologise, and she does it as though she's committed a grave sin.

Also, Yuto is really annoying. His manga counterpart seemed nicer and more affectionate, but drama Yuto is stunted by both the writing and the acting. Fukushi Sota needs acting classes, stat.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Nov 28th, '14, 10:32

After three episodes, i gave up. cannot stand with Fukushi Sota at all

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Nov 29th, '14, 02:29

Just watched the 7th episode and I SWEAR! I didn't see that coming in the end.

The plot was so carefully traced that even when you knew that was bound to happen anytime, you could hardly tell that was gonna be how it happened!
:goggle:

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Nov 29th, '14, 06:48

Thank you so much @Kitty10 for the episode recaps~ they're lifesavers

skyfish

Post by skyfish » Nov 29th, '14, 07:36

Hi @kitty10, thanks a lot for your recaps. I've been hardly found the links to download recent eps, also I don't understand japanese/chinese. You've been very helpful :)

You're right. I can imagine from the recaps, this series quite boring without Tamaki's scenes. I've watched until eps 4 so far. :)

ladyofshalott

Post by ladyofshalott » Nov 29th, '14, 19:45

Thank you for the recaps

I love this drama

I also like the secondary characters. Her collegues are nice ( I hated the collegues in Anego)

I wouldn't mind Hitomi ending up with Yu. She has a goal, she wants a successful man, but she is not using unethical means to get him.

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Nov 29th, '14, 23:09

ladyofshalott wrote:Thank you for the recaps

I love this drama

I also like the secondary characters. Her collegues are nice ( I hated the collegues in Anego)

I wouldn't mind Hitomi ending up with Yu. She has a goal, she wants a successful man, but she is not using unethical means to get him.
I like it a lot too. In spite of a few bad things I find it really entertaining. (Althought I agree the last 2 episodes were almost like :nuts: )

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 29th, '14, 23:20

Glad you guys found the recaps useful, though I'm sure the English subs will be even more useful :D

zweihander11 wrote:
Just watched the 7th episode and I SWEAR! I didn't see that coming in the end.

The plot was so carefully traced that even when you knew that was bound to happen anytime, you could hardly tell that was gonna be how it happened!
:goggle:
Did you mean
Hanae and Yuto being found out by Oshiro? Oh, and can I ask what was Yu saying when he met Hitomi in the preview to ep 8? Something about not being the marrying kind??
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Nov 29th, '14, 23:39

Hanae and Yuto being found out by Oshiro? Oh, and can I ask what was Yu saying when he met Hitomi in the preview to ep 8? Something about not being the marrying kind??
Yes it took me by surprise he found about them that way and in the end of the chapter when I thought it has already finished.

I guess he says this:
結婚には最も向かない人間です。
Which I think means he is the least suitable man to get married or something like that. It's difficult to know for sure without the original japanese transcription. Also the context might help finding out.
Let's hope the final episodes bring some excitement back...

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 30th, '14, 00:16

zweihander11 wrote:
Yes it took me by surprise he found about them that way and in the end of the chapter when I thought it has already finished.

I guess he says this:
結婚には最も向かない人間です。
Which I think means he is the least suitable man to get married or something like that. It's difficult to know for sure without the original japanese transcription. Also the context might help finding out.
Let's hope the final episodes bring some excitement back...
Thanks for that! :) That kind of reinforces how I feel about Yu, that he doesn't seem the kind to let things like that tie him down. But yes, context is important, I hope the story won't make Yu do something stupid... As for Hanae and Yuto, I'd wondered when it'd come since it was already 7 episodes in, so I'm glad it happened after all. Judging from the preview, the reaction wasn't too bad :lol

Not sure if things will improve, doubt it. I wonder how many episodes this drama will have, the wiki sites don't seem to say. And I wonder if they're planning a season 2 since the manga isn't finished and the drama looks to be heading towards an open ending...

pimna

Post by pimna » Nov 30th, '14, 14:14

Thank you very much

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 6th, '14, 00:47

Okay, here we go, episode 8 summary:
After Oshiro discovers Hanae and Yuto out on a date, Yuto asks Hanae if she's all right. He promises to explain things to the colleagues in a way that would not cause her trouble. Hanae assures she's okay as she's prepared for this.

In truth, she isn't, and freaks out at home. She imagines her colleagues giving her knowing looks, arranging the office furniture so that she and Yuto are sitting facing each other, and the others announcing her dating status to even their clients. She can't even make herself sick to skip work.

However, it's a normal day at the office despite Hanae's nerves being stretched to the max, and she wonders if the news hasn't spread. She sees Oshiro talking to Boss Tachibana in the conference room and fears the worst, more so when she's called in after Oshiro. Hanae nearly has a meltdown until she realises Tachibana is only asking if she's considered the new job scope offer. Hanae says she still needs time to consider, and has until the end of the year to make the decision.

She gets Oshiro aside for a bit and he says of course he wouldn't tell anyone, since they're peers and he wouldn't want her quitting if something happens because he told. Oshiro assures her he'll keep his mouth shut, but if she's that worried, she can treat him to beers. Hanae is surprised and glad.

Over beers, Hanae clears up the issue of "Mamoru" being her boyfriend, and Oshiro asks about the job offer and whether she'll take it. Hanae plans to reject it and Oshiro asks if that's because she is going to marry Yuto. Hanae says it's not about Yuto, but Oshiro asks if Hanae is really okay with Yuto going to graduate school after this? Surely Hanae has thought about her future with Yuto, including marriage? And surely Hanae would prefer Yuto to find a job rather than go to graduate school? Hanae says that is Yuto's life after all, but Oshiro's words do set her thinking.

Yuto stops by the university to look for his professor Shibayama, who is away. The TA (?) asks Yuto if he's thought about his research thesis, and advises him to quit his part-time job to spend more time on it. Yuto promises to think about it.

Oshiro gets Hanae to throw some darts, his words about making a miracle despite not having any experience in dart throwing seemingly having some sort of double meaning for Hanae and her thoughts of marrying Yuto - she throws, and just misses the bulls-eye. Hanae realises that more than darts, she should think carefully about whether there is a possibility of her and Yuto getting married, and if so, when that will happen since he's going to graduate school...

Hanae starts her calculations - Yuto will start graduate school in 1.5 years time, and that will take 2 years, which means he'll graduate after 3.5 years. She'll be 33, he 24. She thinks she can wait 3.5 years, but there's still no guarantee of marriage even so. Besides, he might not be able to find a job then. Her imagination goes wild, thinking Yuto will go on a 3-year-long trip after he graduates, which stretches to 6 years when he returns (looking like a caveman), and then he runs off to the mountains to master pottery for the next 10 years. By the time he finally returns, she's an old woman lying on the hospital bed - he then tells her they'll get married in heaven. Hahahaha...

During dinner at Bushi-san's, Yuto reveals he wanted to further his studies because of Prof Shibayama and promises to introduce the man to Hanae next time. Bushi-san asks Yuto what he plans to do after grad school, to which Yuto replies he wants to go to America for an MBA, and hopes to start his own company before he turns 30. While Hanae praises Yuto for being capable and all, she's thinking sadly that his plans don't include her at all.

One of their colleagues is getting married, and Hanae feels a bit forlorn, thinking that every time someone gets married before her, she is one step further away from marriage. She wonders if she'll continue to be alone for a long time. She goes to the udon shop for lunch and notices Yu deep in discussion with two men about renovations. Yu hasn't noticed Hanae at all. As her back is to him, Hanae begins coughing, turning around, waving her handkerchief, feeling a bit peeved that the annoying devil Yu, who once pestered her, is now completely oblivious to her existence. That makes her feel a little lonely, and she thinks it's because she must be too lonely to feel this way.

Yu is still immersed in his discussion when Hanae pays up at the cashier's and she finally can't help herself but greet him. He's all "oh, it's you". One of the men asks if Hanae is someone Yu knows, and Yu goes "well, sort of", and goes back to his work. Hanae is peeved with his nonchalant attitude, and steps out of the shop thinking that she must really be too lonely to be feeling like this.

Yu is at his restaurant working on his laptop when Hitomi drops by with drinks. Noticing that Yu is already recruiting staff, she wonders if she should work at the restaurant too. She's confident she can deal with customers, she had experience working part-time at a restaurant when she was in school. Yu wonders if she can quit her job at Teiko then, and Hitomi says if that is what Yu wishes, she'll do it because she wants to help him. She asks him to let her stay by his side. Yu then asks if Hitomi can be his guarantor? Hitomi doesn't understand, so Yu spells it out for her: he is now 100 million yen in debt. Does she understand now? Even if she is with him, she can't get the kind of life she wants. Hitomi is stunned, then tries to smile, and says that seems impossible after all. She thanks Yu for reminding her and that she's now given up. She wishes him well with the restaurant and walks out.

Hanae returns home to see her parents checking out new houses and flips to realise they are thinking of selling the house. She objects and says she loves the house, even though mom points out she'll be getting married sooner or later. Even dad reminds her Yuto said he was serious about her - isn't marriage on the cards after he graduates? Mom says they can't take care of Hanae forever...

Ichika and her kids come over to celebrate Dad's birthday. Ichika points out that men and women think differently about when to get married, especially since Yuto is going to grad school. Ichika wonders if Hanae can wait 3.5 years, then advises her to ditch Yuto and find someone else. Ichika tells Hanae to ask to meet Yuto's parents as a gauge whether he intends to marry her in the future.

At the ramen shop, Hanae tries to bring up the topic, and Yuto mentions his mom is in town - would she like to meet her? Hanae is stunned, and more so when Yuto says his mom is a food critic. Hanae thinks this is another test she must overcome if she and Yuto marry...

At Bushi-san's, both he and Hanae are nervously waiting for Yuto and his mom to arrive. Hanae is shocked to see how young Yuto's mom is. Mom doesn't seem to mind that Hanae is older, saying that as Yuto is like a child sometimes, it's nice to have someone older keeping him in check. Mom then asks if Yuto really wants to go to grad school and says it's better to work since he already had a job offer to stay on. Yuto insists there are so many things he wants to learn, and there's no need to worry about his tuition fees and living expenses. Mom says it's his future she's worried about, since it might be hard to find a job by the time he finishes grad school.

Hanae then blurts out that she's willing to take care of Yuto for life. Mom and Yuto stare at her in shock as she rambles on, saying there's a new job offer that'll increase her salary. If they remain frugal, they should be able to get by, so Yuto can concentrate on his studies without a problem. Mom is a little taken aback, saying she came today to discuss Yuto's studies... she hadn't realised this was going to be about marriage? Yuto denies they're getting married, and besides, they can't get married if he's going to continue his studies. Hanae realises she's made a big blunder...

After mom leaves, Yuto asks if Hanae is angry that he hadn't realised she was thinking about marriage. Hanae apologises instead, saying she got carried away. She thinks to herself that being with the one she loves is happiness enough, she was too greedy and wanted more happiness by getting married.

Hitomi voluntarily withdraws herself from the project with Yu. Meanwhile, Yuto goes to see Prof Shibayama, who asks what he's going to do about his research. Yuto promises to quit his part-time job to focus on research.

Boss Tachibana visits Yu at his restaurant and wonders if it'll open soon. Yu says there's still a lot of work to be done. Tachibana says he once dreamed of having his own company, but ended up being a salaryman all his life. Yu says any kind of job is difficult, but Tachibana points out that they're employees relying on a company, unlike Yu who is striking out on his own - that requires courage. Yu says this is just something he needs to do to survive. Tachibana wonders if Yu has ever been afraid, that as he grows older he may be more averse to risk? Yu says honestly he hasn't been afraid, but there are times when he does want things that can't be replaced by anything else, things that can help sustain him and give him the will to go on. Tachibana wonders what Yu thinks about building a family? Yu smiles and says he's the type that's least suitable to get married. But Tachibana wonders isn't that why there's a need to get married? That sets Yu thinking.

To get Hitomi out of her funk, the colleagues go out for drinks after work. Hitomi gets drunk and declares she's totally over the debt-ridden Yu. Despite so, she warns Kagami he doesn't stand a chance. Hitomi excuses herself to go home after a while and Kagami runs after her, only to discover that she's crying. She tells him to stop following her but he says he's worried about her. Kagami says he's found more things to like about her than her face, but Hitomi tells him to save it for next time, and he can find a dining place while at it. Kagami understands and leaves, and Hitomi thanks him. He gives her a big grin.

Yu thinks over Tachibana's words about building a family, then thinks of Hanae pretending to be his wife at the sausage factory and her words about how they're enemies like a monkey and a dog.

Hanae gets a call from Yuto to meet and leaves her colleagues to go ahead, thinking she must be the city's most blissful woman to be able to meet her loved one instead of being the last to leave and settle the bill at an office gathering. As Yuto takes her hand and puts it in his coat pocket, she thinks to herself she must be Japan's most blissful woman, even if they don't get married. As he takes her into his arms, she feels she is Asia's most blissful woman, even if they don't get married. As they kiss, she feels she is the world's most blissful woman, even if they don't get married.

Yuto then asks Hanae to marry him. Hanae is so happy that she cries.
Um... wtf? Sorry, I can't understand this leap in logic. All episode long, Yuto has
said he wants to study and marriage is not on his mind. Suddenly he wants to get married? This from a guy who last episode wasn't comfortable with using Hanae's name for renting an apartment because he felt he couldn't as yet provide for her, now wants to marry her? WTF?
Seriously, only Ayase Haruka is selling this relationship, but even that is wearing thin. The writing for Yuto is odd and maybe a better actor might have been able to make it more believable, but Fukushi Sota just makes Yuto really... :crazy:

As for Yu and Hanae, finally some miniscule movement, but I don't think it'll last. Oh well, it's not like they're end game anyway.
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 6th, '14, 04:21

Thank you SO much @kitty10 for posting the detailed recap of episode 8~
which is still delayed for me. I wonder what on earth made Yuto change his mind? I thought he wanted to hold off on the cohabitation bit.

pondloso

Post by pondloso » Dec 6th, '14, 04:29

Oh man! can this show be more ridiculous ?
story just random jump in the way of yuuto and i just can't see any good
in that kind of story sure i'm not seek reality in drama but atleast dont
make it so random ridiculous like this

well this show still safe for me cuz tamaki story and hitomi really hit me
i dont know they will and up together or not but they story feel really good
it feel like a drama not mannga well Hanae love story not even fit in manga if you ask me
like kitty10 siad he alway make clear that he dont want to married
he told he still too young if this show want to safe hanae love story
they have to make it look real what it happen when young guy who not even
know his own mind ask mature women married have to face it just cant go on
married it not easy thing at all but if they push story go on make they married and happy
than R.I.P. just so ridiculous cuz it alway show h=that they are not made for together
but they still push for it just wow!
and rating really sink by the way i still look forward this show
cuz tamaki story really good[/spoiler]

ladyofshalott

Post by ladyofshalott » Dec 7th, '14, 16:15

thank you once again for the recap