[Discussion] Eien no Zero (TV Tokyo SP drama)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
JLove

[Discussion] Eien no Zero (TV Tokyo SP drama)

Post by JLove » Feb 11th, '15, 04:52

Based on novel "Eien no Zero" by Hyakuta Naoki, this 3-episode drama is about 2 siblings' search on their grandfather's life 60 years after WW2. First made into movie and screened on 2013 starring Okada Junichi. This film was critically acclaimed in Japan and it earned Okada the Best Actor award in the Hochi Film Awards.

Not sure how good the TV drama is gonna be but I hope it will gain success as well even though it's not an easy feat for television to gain as much fame as its theatre equivalent. This drama stars an impressive cast with Mukai Osamu (lead), Tabe Mikako, Onoe Matsuya, Hirosue Ryoko, Kiritani Kenta, Harada Taizo, Ryu Raita and many more.

Drama airs tonight (Feb 11) at 8.54pm on TV Tokyo (terebi tokyo), following episodes on Feb 14 (Sat) and Feb 15 (Sun).

For more information: http://asianwiki.com/The_Eternal_Zero_(Japanese_Drama)

bertiwooster

Re: [Discussion] Eien no Zero (TV Tokyo SP drama)

Post by bertiwooster » Feb 12th, '15, 23:06

This looks really interesting! I ordered a copy of the movie and it will be interesting to compare the treatments of the book, and the way the actors interpret their roles I think. Does anyone know whether anyone is planning to provide eng subs for this television special? :-)

cirmos
Hungary

Post by cirmos » Feb 18th, '15, 12:02

I loved the movie.
I would like to see the drama as well.

JLove

Post by JLove » Feb 22nd, '15, 15:32

I just saw the collected raws on nyaa. I just hope someone will take up the subbing for this SP.

cirmos
Hungary

Post by cirmos » Feb 23rd, '15, 10:07

JLove wrote:I just saw the collected raws on nyaa. I just hope someone will take up the subbing for this SP.
I cannot find the raws on the nyaa. Are you sure?

Wunderheiler

Post by Wunderheiler » Feb 26th, '15, 12:58

I really hope somebody will sub this...

JLove

Post by JLove » Feb 26th, '15, 15:57

It is posted under "Live Action" section in nyaa. However it is titled all in Japanese, so it's easy to miss and especially for those who can't read Japanese, they may not realize it. I can only read partial Japanese so I nearly missed it as well. This is title it was posted with:

" テレビ東京開局50周年特別企画 ドラマスペシャル「永遠の0」 ep01 ep02 ep03 "

Wunderheiler

Post by Wunderheiler » Mar 2nd, '15, 08:45

Thank you :)!

Now keep hoping somebody will sub it (pleeease!)...

JLove

Post by JLove » Mar 5th, '15, 13:57

There is another version uploaded on nyaa. It's a very familiar format (848x480 x264) which is uploaded quite frequently on DA back then. Not too sure who is the uploader (sorry I am a newbie in this so I don't know who are the famous uploaders) but thank you!! :cheers:

Now I'm just waiting for someone kind enough to pick it up and provide Eng sub. :-)

Wunderheiler

Post by Wunderheiler » Mar 19th, '15, 02:51

Seems nobody is interested in... Such a pity :(

JLove

Post by JLove » Mar 21st, '15, 08:39

Yea, maybe if there is a Japanese sub somewhere, someone will feel that they can handle subbing a wartime drama for us. :-(

holodoc

Post by holodoc » Mar 28th, '15, 12:17

That subtitle seems to be for the movie:

http://asianwiki.com/The_Eternal_Zero_-_Eien_no_Zero

JLove

Post by JLove » Mar 30th, '15, 16:51

holodoc wrote:That subtitle seems to be for the movie:

http://asianwiki.com/The_Eternal_Zero_-_Eien_no_Zero
Yea, the subtitle is for the movie of the same story from 2013 starring Okada Junichi. The movie got rave reviews and won lots of awards.

cirmos
Hungary

Post by cirmos » Mar 31st, '15, 06:02

I could not traced even Japanese subtitle. I thought I would make a google translation from it.
Better than nothing. Very sad. I am afraid this drama will share the fate of "Makete katsu". :-(

esquire

Post by esquire » Mar 31st, '15, 09:06

Last edited by esquire on Apr 27th, '15, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Apr 2nd, '15, 01:31

cirmos wrote:I could not traced even Japanese subtitle. I thought I would make a google translation from it.
Better than nothing. Very sad. I am afraid this drama will share the fate of "Makete katsu". :-(
I tried to answer your call:
Japanese and machine translation(2nd post) for ep01 here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=160867
:)

sakotea

Post by sakotea » Apr 2nd, '15, 11:55

Does someone know where to find the raws of this? I tried jdramacity and nyaa but nothing. On nyaa it just gives an error message :unsure:

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Apr 2nd, '15, 12:05

sakotea wrote:Does someone know where to find the raws of this? I tried jdramacity and nyaa but nothing. On nyaa it just gives an error message :unsure:
works for me: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=662394
or
http://btdigg.org/search?info_hash=d732 ... 0no%20zero

sakotea

Post by sakotea » Apr 2nd, '15, 12:12

koshonin wrote:
sakotea wrote:Does someone know where to find the raws of this? I tried jdramacity and nyaa but nothing. On nyaa it just gives an error message :unsure:
works for me: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=662394
or
http://btdigg.org/search?info_hash=d732 ... 0no%20zero
Thank you very much! I'll try again. Don't know why torrent gives me an error message. Maybe it's my antivirus blocking it

JLove

Post by JLove » Apr 3rd, '15, 17:57

The eng subs for this drama is finally posted!! :cheers: Find it here --> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=160869

Take note that even though it was stated as complete, the japanese sub for ep02 was incomplete so they couldn't complete the english sub for about an hour of ep02. So if anyone who has a complete japanese subtitle for ep02, kindly share in that link above so that the subber could use it to complete the eng sub for ep02. Thank you.

JLove

Post by JLove » Apr 3rd, '15, 18:02

JLove wrote:The eng subs for this drama is finally posted!! :cheers: Find it here --> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=160869

Take note that even though it was stated as complete, the japanese sub for ep02 was incomplete so they couldn't complete the english sub for about an hour of ep02. So if anyone who has a complete japanese subtitle for ep02, kindly share in that link above so that the subber could use it to complete the eng sub for ep02. Thank you.
Apologies. The link posted earlier was the link to the Japanese subtitles. My mistake. Too excited.

The eng sub for ep01 is out. Here's the link --> viewtopic.php?f=13&p=1723507#p1723507

I sure hope someone can provide the complete japanese subtitle for ep02 so that the subber can provide the complete eng sub for ep02.