[Discussion] I'm Home

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Iris Zephyr

[Discussion] I'm Home

Post by Iris Zephyr » Mar 7th, '15, 07:14

TV Station: TV Asahi
Broadcast Date: April 2015
Broadcast Time: Thursday, 9.00pm ("Mokuyou9")

Cast:

Image Image

Kimura Takuya as Ieji Hisashi
Ueto Aya as Ieji Megumi
Mizuno Miki as Nozawa Kaori
Tanaka Kei as Honjou Tsuyoshi
Suzuki Kousuke as Watanuki Shinji
Takahashi Rai as Ieji Yoshio
Yamaguchi Mayu as Nozawa Subaru
Arai Hirofumi as Kuroki Jin
Mitsuishi Ken as Todoroki Haruki
Watanabe Ikkei as Teshigawara Yousuke
Oikawa Mitsuhiro as Tsukuba Yoshiaki
Nishida Toshiyuki as Kozukue Yukio

Production Credits:

Original Work: "I'm Home" by Ishizaka Kei
Scriptwriter: Hayashi Kouji
Music: Kanno Yuugo
Director(s): Shichitaka Go, Tamura Naoki
General Producer: Yokochi Ikuei
Producers: Oe Tatsuki, Kawashima Seiji, Ota Masaharu

Summary:

Kimura Takuya will be acting as Ieji Hisashi, the man who lost his memory of the recent 5 years after meeting with an accident while he is away taking up his new position. For some reason, his wife (Ueto Aya) and son (Takahashi Rai) appear to him to be wearing masks. Their expressions, their emotions, he cannot discern them. He has no idea if he does indeed love his wife and child, leaving him anguished. On the other hand, in Ieji's memory, is his affection for his ex-wife (Mizuno Miki), whom he divorced 5 years prior, and his daughter (Yamaguchi Mayu).

During the vaccuum of these 5 years, what were his days like? To unearth this, with a mysterious bunch of 10 keys left in his hands, Ieji sets off on a journey to discover his past self. In the midst of his searching, he gets to know more about the cool-headed workaholic that was his past self. For the current kind-hearted Ieji, the existence of this unimaginable figure is gradually becoming more apparent.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

'What is the mystery behind the bunch of 10 keys?'

'Why did he separate with his wife and child in the past?'

'And, why does his current wife and child look to him to be wearing masks?'

With the keys in hand, sometimes comical, sometimes heartfelt, sometimes black, we will sketch the figure of Ieji as he visits the houses of the people who were involved with his past.

Translated profiles for the cast of characters: http://rz-jocelyn.livejournal.com/46944.html

Description of Episode 1: http://rz-jocelyn.livejournal.com/46675.html

D-Addicts Webpage: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/I%27m_Home_%28TV_Asahi%29

Source and Official Website: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/imhome/
Last edited by Iris Zephyr on Mar 7th, '15, 08:50, edited 5 times in total.

taiyaki-kun

Re: [Discussion] I'm Home

Post by taiyaki-kun » Mar 7th, '15, 07:55

Thank you so much for starting a thread and information on the drama.
Can't wait for Takuya in a role of a Papa! :cheers:

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Mar 9th, '15, 10:53

You're welcome, taiyaki-kun :-) Count me in in being excited for Captain in the role of a father; he, Aya-chan and Rai-kun already have such solid chemistry that I just... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just wanted to share some links about the drama :D

"I'm Home" Preview (30 secs) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmKjKkq-6Q

News about the drama announcement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8HyPvO ... e=youtu.be

News with interviews from Captain and Aya-chan, and a few behind-the-scenes snippets of Captain, Aya-chan and Rai-kun being adorable :wub: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fhF6jZDEhc

All video credits @ SMAPIchiban

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Mar 11th, '15, 21:16

I can't wait for this :cheers:

I like Kimura acting in all dramas, but why they chose Aya ? :nuts:
I don't like that much the story, but i'll definitely give it a try. :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 12th, '15, 02:20

Ueto Aya has been starring successful dramas lately, so maybe they think Kimura-Ueto combi can bring in the rating.
I'm happy enough that Mizuno Miki is the ex-wife :cheers:

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Mar 12th, '15, 03:33

Thanks again, Iris Zephyr! The preview looks promising! I'm excited now! :D
ZeldAx wrote: I like Kimura acting in all dramas, but why they chose Aya ? :nuts:
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think SMAP tends to keep working with actors/actresses who have worked with them personally or with other members in the group before. Like in this case, Ueto Aya has worked with Nakai and Goro before. So, she might have left a good impression on them and this could be one of the factors. And the fact that they have worked together before means those actors/actresses already have connections to SMAP, making contact between agencies easier I think?

Other than that, I think “every” drama wants to succeed and get good ratings. They’re not a charity organization after all. :D So, not only “I’m Home”, I noticed that many mainstream dramas these days love pairing up older actors with young popular actresses. Like Aragaki Yui in Legal High, Ueto Aya in Hanzawa Naoki, Kitagawa Keiko in Dokushin Kizoku and HERO 2014, Horikita Maki in ATARU, Anne in Kasuka na Kanoji, etc. Or even Ayase Haruka in Shingo’s new movie “Galaxy Kaido”. Ayase is like the supposedly most popular actress in her generation. All of these popular young actresses will surely contribute to the commercial success of the project.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Mar 12th, '15, 08:33

I didn't know that, but Kimura working with Aya sounds strange as hell... :scratch:
I really don't like her acting, and i noticed she's always the wife of someone.
Kimura is already father, i don't worry about him, i'm sure he's going to do an excellent job. But, honestly, i'd prefer they chose someone else than Aya Ueto. :|

Do you expect a high rating ? ? I mean Kimura is a big name (the most ?) and the minimum is 10% right ? But this drama is inspired from a manga, and live action are so so... :study:

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Mar 12th, '15, 09:31

I personally don't care too much about ratings as long as the project is good :)

It can get tiring when people especially media keep focusing on ratings only when there're so many more aspects to discuss about the drama.

But as Takuya is usually judged harshly with a different standard from everyone else, I just wish him success. Hopefully the drama can maintain stable ratings in the range of 15%-20%, which is good already for this era.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Mar 12th, '15, 12:22

You're ALL RIGHT, i don't care too about the ratings if the story is good but... i wonder anyways, because Kimura is a BIG name and all his dramas are high rated (expected Ando lloyd with only 13%~).
Do you like the story for this one ?
I hope that'll be a good surprised as i'm not completly in love with it. I don't know if it's an impression but ths plot is not original. :scratch:
Another question 10 keys = 1 key/ep so 10 episodes ?
Hum, i can't wait april :whistling:

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Mar 13th, '15, 03:54

When I first heard the news about the drama, I felt the story sounds like a cliche home drama. The main character is searching for his past self.
But after reading more information about it (especially that the original manga is an award-winning manga) and seeing the preview, I felt that it could be quite interesting.

I'm especially interested in the part where Ueto Aya will be wearing a mask in the drama (which looks a bit creepy to me :D) and Ieji's relationship with his ex-wife and daughter. Plus, it's Takuya in his first father's role (Karei Naru Ichizoku doesn't count), so I'm quite excited about it.

Anyway, I'll reserve my judgement till I've watched the drama. There're many dramas that felt cliche to me when I read synopsis, but turns out the execution and the acting was so good that I had to hold my breathe while watching. :P

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Mar 13th, '15, 12:42

Thank you for all these informations! :notworthy:

Could you keep us informed about this drama ? I wonder when the first trailer will be available ?

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Mar 31st, '15, 20:34

Sorry for 2x post but there is a trailer available ?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 4th, '15, 16:28

Waiting...♡

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Apr 4th, '15, 16:50

MisS Lonliah wrote:Waiting...♡
Me too :stress:

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Apr 8th, '15, 05:04

ZeldAx wrote:Sorry for 2x post but there is a trailer available ?
You can watch the trailer on I'm Home official website. :D
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/imhome/ (Click "movie" below the menu bar)

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Apr 8th, '15, 10:17

Thanks. :P

dramaticme

Post by dramaticme » Apr 17th, '15, 09:48

i really look forward to this drama! 1st episode rating is 16.7%

so far among the rest of the dramas it has the highest rating.

i have not watched the first episode yet but i intend to. aya is gold when she acts she always takes the role to a completely different level than any other actress imo. looking forward to see the small details that she will give this role once again,

i hope kimura's role in this won't end up being like his role in priceless! i love his acting~ ♥

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Apr 17th, '15, 09:54

I don't want to be rude, but 16% is low for a start with Kimura & Ueto.
I expected something like 20%, i wait to see the first episode to have an idea :pale:

Takky1972

Post by Takky1972 » Apr 17th, '15, 11:22

I have the ep01 only with chinese sub. Has anyone ep01 without chinese sub?

andre2907

Post by andre2907 » Apr 17th, '15, 20:48

ZeldAx wrote:I don't want to be rude, but 16% is low for a start with Kimura & Ueto.
I expected something like 20%, i wait to see the first episode to have an idea :pale:
It's not low at all. Sakai Masato is arguably the most popular actor in Japan right now, even more popular than Kimura Takuya, and his drama, the 2nd highest-rated debut of the season, started with 14%.

What are the reactions on the internet? Did people like it?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 18th, '15, 12:38

16.7% is the highest first episode rating in 2015 (excluding AIBOU the long running series and NHK asadora). However, it is the lowest first episode rating in KimuTaku drama history, breaking PRICELESS first episode record being the lowest before this, 16.9%. I dunno what to say. It's either Kimura Takuya's past drama ratings were ridiculously too high of standard or the Japanese TV industry is in it's slow period.
The internet reactions from the Japanese mostly says "It's better than I expected although it deviated from the manga" "it's pretty good!" although a few criticized some things impossible in the story, but the reactions has been mostly, relatively good.

I personally love Episode 1 but mystery home drama like this tend to go downhill starting Episode 3 or 4, as what I experienced with last season's Marumaru Tsuma. So I will hold back my opinion on the drama until I see the last episode.

andre2907

Post by andre2907 » Apr 18th, '15, 16:49

I feel like it's pointless to compare the first episode ratings with other Kimura Takuya shows. Especially cause his lowest-rated first episode before this was PRICELESS and yet, the biggest flop of his career was Ando Lloyd while Priceless had really decent ratings. I think it's more realistic to compare to other debuts this year, such as Sakai Masato's drama which everyone was expecting to top KimuTaku's show since he had dethroned Kimura as the "king of drama ratings".

And it's good that overall reaction seems positive. All the latest Kimura Takuya dramas, going back to 2010, had overwhelmingly bad reactions on the internet from their first episodes, right? Curious to watch it now.

dramaticme

Post by dramaticme » Apr 19th, '15, 09:38

16.7% is a nice start to be honest for a drama that is on thursday. usually unless it is yonekura ryoko doctor X that 9pm slot on thursday flops. look at the rest of the dramas this season even the previous season's too. i'm home 1st episode had a good reaction and i also liked it as well even though usually i don't get 'attracted' by the first episode. quite frankly his previous dramas 'priceless and ando whatever were boring compared to this one. i think that the ratings will go up.

Chiyoko Fansub

Post by Chiyoko Fansub » May 2nd, '15, 21:59

anyone know where i can get the raw for this? i'm thinking of subbing it in english from the chinese subs i have.

brye826

Post by brye826 » May 2nd, '15, 22:12

koshonin

Post by koshonin » May 2nd, '15, 22:17

the summary reminded me of "Regarding Henry" with Harrison Ford (imdb)

Chiyoko Fansub

Post by Chiyoko Fansub » May 3rd, '15, 00:13

thanks. i found it on jdramacity. Gonna use those.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 16th, '15, 06:58

Unlike most Kimura Takuya series, I'm not really eager to watch each next episode of I'm Home. Ando Lloyd was another one that wasn't really easy to be motivated to watch.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Aug 21st, '15, 19:20

Obviously because in the era when Kimutaku drama rating is 20-30%, it was so easy to get 15% and above. It was something sort of like inflation of rating. I think TV viewers were more interested in TV drama. Or, back then there were less TV channels, so they have less options to watch. As such, the rating was less divided.

Nowadays, as you can see, it is exceptionally difficult to get even average 15%. Only few dramas (with exception of Asadora), manages to get that so far. Last year, for non asadoras, only 2 drama series (excluding asadoras and SPs) manage to get above 20%. One is Hero and the other is Doctor X, which is highest rated drama in the year, with peak 31.3% (thou average of that episode is 27.4% ) And it was mentioned that before drX, since gokusen last season, there has been no dramas which manages to get consecutive 20% 視聴率 from the start! So that is how difficult it is.

I just want to say: Kimutaku looks so handsome and hot this dramas <3. Tbh his new look/hairstyle is the only reason why I continue watching. The drama pretends to be dark and try so hard to be interesting, when it is not lol.... But seriously I love his look!! Why did they let him change his hairstyle again for hero movie lol. This hairstyle is best hairstyle he ever had haha <3

Acting wise, Kimutaku isnt really great at acting lol. He always acts and talks the same way. It does not even differ with his usual talking style either, so I think he always acts as himself haha. His charisma is his virtue

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Aug 21st, '15, 19:58

uedajirou wrote:Acting wise, Kimutaku isnt really great at acting lol. He always acts and talks the same way. It does not even differ with his usual talking style either, so I think he always acts as himself haha. His charisma is his virtue
I can't second that. He made clear that hes a good actor and he can act in a variety of roles. But I know what you mean I think. Watching him gives me always a Kimutaku feeling:D Don't know how to explain. I had to drop his more recent dramas though. Starting from Mr. Brain it went downhill with his shows imo. And I'm home is no exception. It was good but nothing special.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 22nd, '15, 04:09

I liked Mr. Brain. Maybe it was the crime mysteries, or the dopey attractive sidekick, or the goofy main character, or the various supporting characters.

dramaticme

Post by dramaticme » Aug 22nd, '15, 20:51

i loved this drama so much . it was the best of spring season tbh

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 13th, '15, 14:43

I'm home was frustrating and a bit depressing to watch.
Mainly bcos the story is about Hishahi who struggles to
remember and rekindle the love.

Talking about memory lost, Takuya Kimura also played a
role of amenesiac in Jdrama: Gift.

First time watching Kimura cooking and he look like a pro.
Ueta Aya looks as charming as ever with bright smiles.
Takahashi Rai is so kawaii cute!

The settings and props looks good and many scenes that
took viewers all over the place. The drama did build in
enough suspense to keep me watching. And the office
drama was quite surprising. The drama was well cast
with decent looking wives and sexy looking mistress.

For all of those you love I'm home, I just found out
there is an earlier version of I'm home drama with
20 episodes (15 mins. each, 5 weeks).

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/I'm_Home
Stars Naho Toda of Shomuni famed.